Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Blind Item- Years ago, an up and coming young actor was taken advantage of by an A-List actor

“He rarely talks about it. It is why he has a decade long substance abuse issue. It is why he is completely secretive about his personal life. He would sometimes rage about it when he was at his darkest but that was about it. He is someone all of you know. He is foreign born. When he was starting out as a young actor, an older actor took him under his wing. An actor all of you know. An actor who is an Oscar winner/nominee. Let us call him BG. Of course BG saw promise in the young actor and introduced him to people who would really help further the career of the young actor. In return, BG would take every opportunity to get our young actor drunk or do some type of drug to make him more receptive. BG abused the hell out of our young actor. He did so until the young actor got to be a big enough star to threaten BG. So, BG did what he always did, backed off until he found another victim. Meanwhile, the promising career of our young actor took a serious sideways tilt for about a decade because of the trauma. What once looked like a solid A+/A list career has become a climb back up to A- list after a long hard fought battle against demons caused by BG.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95June 17, 2023 3:39 AM

Hugh Jackman and Taron Egerton?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 8, 2023 2:26 AM

Op, thank you for sharing some gossip, it was way too dry in here. That said, this story is so boring. It is fun to guess the actor and the older actor smart enough to get some right desperate ass, but the victimization of the younger actor is boring.

He’s no victim. He’s just an actor that want to take a shortcut out of the slog of waiting tables and hundreds of failed casting calls. So he sold as and mouth for a career. If he was near me crying about this (if the blind is even real) I’d tell him it sounded like a good trade.

by Anonymousreply 2June 8, 2023 2:29 AM

I would of said Tom Holland and RDJ.

by Anonymousreply 3June 8, 2023 2:30 AM

Kevin Spacey and Wes Bentley.

Spacey won the Best Actor Award for "American Beauty."

Wes Bentley was in the cast.

Wes had a serious drug problem for about a decade, but has since recovered.

He went on to do American Horror Story, Hunger Games, and then the hit series Yellowstone.

This was so easy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 8, 2023 2:31 AM

"would of said" R3

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 5June 8, 2023 2:31 AM

Elliot Page

by Anonymousreply 6June 8, 2023 2:34 AM

Wes Bentley was so hot in American Beauty.

Wasn't there a scene in the movie where Wes and Kevin's characters had sex?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 8, 2023 2:36 AM

Was Spacey a top with his boys? I find it a complete waste of time to get hot “straight” actor trade if you aren’t gonna get them to bottom.

by Anonymousreply 8June 8, 2023 2:38 AM

I like this answer from the comments:

"Everyone Spacey ever encountered!"

by Anonymousreply 9June 8, 2023 2:38 AM

R3 doesn’t make sense. The story says the younger actor battled issues for over a decade after and has since made a comeback. Tom Holland doesn’t fit that bill

by Anonymousreply 10June 8, 2023 3:30 AM

R8 ummm not of you like to top. Also a huge power dynamic in topping. Bottoming is submitting. Topping is dominating

by Anonymousreply 11June 8, 2023 3:32 AM

R7 you should watch the movie before commenting on it.

No. There was no such sex scene.

by Anonymousreply 12June 8, 2023 3:32 AM

Wes Bentley is SO. FUCKING. HOT.

I really, really hope he indulges in man sex.

by Anonymousreply 13June 8, 2023 3:33 AM

Wes Bentley isn’t foreign born. So it’s not him. He is from Arkansas.

by Anonymousreply 14June 8, 2023 3:33 AM

Yeah, I was wondering about that, R14, but I didn’t know where Bentley is from.

But please can we maybe entertain the idea of Bentley being bisexual just for a moment, as a diversion?

by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2023 3:35 AM

Supposedly Spacey was a mentor to Collin Farrell when he first started his Hollywood career

by Anonymousreply 16June 8, 2023 3:37 AM

I don’t doubt poor Wes Bentley is one of Spacey’s victims of sexual assault etc. but I don’t think this is about him.

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2023 3:38 AM

Is Bentley married? Any gay/bi rumors?

by Anonymousreply 18June 8, 2023 3:39 AM

Bentley isn’t gay or bi. He is married. He has a history of drug issues.

by Anonymousreply 19June 8, 2023 3:40 AM

Yes to Spacey/Farrell (possibly). If I recall correctly Colin Farrell may have even lived with Kevin Spacey briefly in LA. I believe Spacey spotted Farrell in a play and then suggested him to Joel Schumaker.

by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2023 3:41 AM

R7 no. Wes Bentley’s character is dating/fucking Thora Birch’s character. Thora Birch’s dad is Kevin Spacey, who is obsessed with his daughters best friend. Bentley’s dad thinks his son is gay and sees something through the window that makes him believe Spacey and his (underage teenage) son are fucking, leading to the man killing Spacey

by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2023 3:44 AM

It’s the fun bunch frontman and George C. Lucky ho.

by Anonymousreply 22June 8, 2023 3:45 AM

George C. Scott?!!? ^^^

by Anonymousreply 23June 8, 2023 3:46 AM

The story says that the A-Lister took the new actor under his wing and got him connections etc. in exchange for his body. He would get the young actor very drunk or high to the point it was easy to get him to do it.

It never states they both actually worked together on a project.

Spacey and Farrell fit the bill.

by Anonymousreply 24June 8, 2023 3:48 AM

R23 Nah B I ain’t tryna get sued.

by Anonymousreply 25June 8, 2023 3:48 AM

Sometimes blind items feature info that only the industry knows. This rising star is not known to have substances issues. And he not a rising star no more if you get my drift.

by Anonymousreply 26June 8, 2023 3:49 AM

From a chatboard a few years ago, when the Spacey shit was hitting the fan and they'd just suspended House of Cards:

"Funny this, cos theres a lad on here who told me stuff about Spacey over 10 years ago. It had to do with Colin Farrell, and the lad knew someone close to Farrell."

by Anonymousreply 27June 8, 2023 3:52 AM

Lucky Number, Kevin.

by Anonymousreply 28June 8, 2023 3:57 AM

It's wild that Spacey never been the recipient of any sort of justice for any of his creepy shenanigans. He's living wild and free, somewhere, still doing his thing. Evading paparazzi even. How? Where is Kevin Spacey?

by Anonymousreply 29June 8, 2023 4:00 AM

Everyone who was to testify against him ended up dead.

by Anonymousreply 30June 8, 2023 4:03 AM

Did he really break any laws, though? Like, LAW laws, not “moral” laws.

by Anonymousreply 31June 8, 2023 4:10 AM

Colin has a big beautiful cock. I'm sure KS chased after it

by Anonymousreply 32June 8, 2023 4:15 AM

R16 nailed it!

by Anonymousreply 33June 8, 2023 4:18 AM

It’s Colin Farrell / Bruce Willis ???

by Anonymousreply 34June 8, 2023 4:24 AM

Bruce Willis wasn’t his mentor. So no.

by Anonymousreply 35June 8, 2023 4:31 AM

Bruce Willis and Aaron Carter? Perhaps. But I told y’all who it is.

by Anonymousreply 36June 8, 2023 5:04 AM

FOREIGN BORN ACTOR. That would automatically let you know it isn’t fucking Aaron Carter

by Anonymousreply 37June 8, 2023 5:06 AM

R26 he's dead?

by Anonymousreply 38June 8, 2023 5:09 AM

Bruce Willis fought to get Colin Farrell hired for “Hart’s War.” But Willis has never been nominated for an Oscar, so…

by Anonymousreply 39June 8, 2023 5:09 AM

R39 false. He didn’t fight for him at all.

by Anonymousreply 40June 8, 2023 5:26 AM

The check is in the mail, OKAY?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 8, 2023 5:45 AM

I agree that it's most likely Spacey/Farrell but for some reason I keep thinking of Josh Hartnett. I don't know who led him down the primrose path. I do know he was a meth head for at least ten years in the wilderness but I also think he's American corn-fed.

Just out of curiosity, what drove Hartnett to the drugs? Was there a mentor on the scene?

by Anonymousreply 42June 8, 2023 5:49 AM

Because a lot of the Spacey stories are overblown. Sorry not sorry. Listen I am a Christian and don’t believe anyone in true position of power should leverage a lesser in same field and work area for sex. But I am of the believe post pubescent minors know what they want and can make sexual decisions. I don’t care, sue me. This applies for gays and straights. This puritanical superficial bullshit will be seen for what it is in the future. Is Spacey a creep, yes. A monster? No.

by Anonymousreply 43June 8, 2023 6:00 AM

I’ve seen people say Josh Hartnett on TikTok. Hartnett is born and raised in Minnesota.

by Anonymousreply 44June 8, 2023 6:01 AM

I immediately thought of Spacey when reading the OP post.

by Anonymousreply 45June 8, 2023 6:07 AM

[quote]It’s the fun bunch frontman and George C.

It was Art Monk?!?

by Anonymousreply 46June 8, 2023 6:08 AM

George Clooney and Mark Wahlberg both broke out around the same time.

Actually, Marky Mark became a household name before George Clooney.

by Anonymousreply 47June 8, 2023 6:10 AM

John Travolta was in Saturday Night Fever, and the soundtrack featured the Bee Gees (BG).

by Anonymousreply 48June 8, 2023 6:29 AM

R47 No he did not.

by Anonymousreply 49June 8, 2023 6:33 AM

[quote]BG would take every opportunity to get our young actor drunk or do some type of drug to make him more receptive.

So anal. Which foreign young actor would be most likely to have a receptive pooper when coaxed?

by Anonymousreply 50June 8, 2023 6:33 AM

The fact that a publicist was sent to this thread speaks volumes. I’m gone.

by Anonymousreply 51June 8, 2023 6:34 AM

R49 yes, he did.

by Anonymousreply 52June 8, 2023 6:49 AM

R51 good. The thread will be better off without you.

by Anonymousreply 53June 8, 2023 6:49 AM

R43, it doesn’t surprise me that you’re a Christian.

by Anonymousreply 54June 8, 2023 7:47 AM

Josh Hardnett according AGC Blind Item.

by Anonymousreply 55June 8, 2023 12:24 PM

Wasn’t Collin A-list for a moment. I mean damn, he was the lead in the massive “Alexander” movie. It flopped, but he had loads of opportunities. He did have a dip in popularity, going away for a bit, but has coke back.

He’s also a name everyone knows. But I couldn’t see a reason for him to be bitter, he’s had a solid career.

by Anonymousreply 56June 8, 2023 3:54 PM

Rose McGowan should emulate Colin Farrell’s sensible approach to such matters

by Anonymousreply 57June 8, 2023 4:06 PM

R29 it’s not a crime to trade sex for access. As long as Spacey wasn’t someone’s boss, then it’s legal. And you know what, I’m a town with hundreds of starving actors as hot or hotter than the next, I don’t feel bad for those that accept sex for access.

All of these men know that they are doing and trading. Same for any actress that goes to someone’s hotel room “to talk business”. Pure bullshit, they know what’s up.

by Anonymousreply 58June 8, 2023 4:10 PM

R56 the bitterness isn’t over the career, it’s over the man who took advantage of him. Jesus, learn to read.

by Anonymousreply 59June 8, 2023 4:37 PM

If you have to get someone drink and high so they are more willing to let you fuck them in the ass then yes, you did something wrong. And while it isn’t illegal to have transactional sex, the person who was not in power almost always ends up feeling taken advantage of and bitter with time.

by Anonymousreply 60June 8, 2023 4:39 PM

Kevin Spacey -- at every stage of his career -- would have needed to give me $$$$ to make me "receptive" to his advances. He is an ogre and I am not even really that picky.

by Anonymousreply 61June 8, 2023 5:11 PM

I think it’s Josh Hartnett. He’s doing a play for Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 62June 8, 2023 5:26 PM

Just a question: has any of these blind items ever turned out to be true?

by Anonymousreply 63June 8, 2023 5:31 PM

R63 yes.

by Anonymousreply 64June 8, 2023 5:32 PM

[quote] I think it’s Josh Hartnett

He was born in Minnesota.

by Anonymousreply 65June 8, 2023 7:44 PM

[quote]It was in a London theatre in 2000 that he first saw Colin Farrell in a play. He was so impressed by the inexperienced Ballykissangel star that he persuaded director Thaddeus O’Sullivan to cast him in Ordinary Decent Criminal the same year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 8, 2023 7:57 PM

[quote] He’s no victim. He’s just an actor that want to take a shortcut out of the slog of waiting tables and hundreds of failed casting calls. So he sold as and mouth for a career. If he was near me crying about this (if the blind is even real) I’d tell him it sounded like a good trade.

Thank you for weighing in, Mr. Singer.

by Anonymousreply 67June 8, 2023 8:00 PM

[quote] Where is Kevin Spacey?

Last I heard he had been living in Italy.

by Anonymousreply 68June 8, 2023 8:04 PM

Why Italy? Lmao

by Anonymousreply 69June 8, 2023 8:05 PM

Irish theatre is great.

by Anonymousreply 70June 8, 2023 8:06 PM

[quote] Why Italy? Lmao

Why not live in Italy if you can't live in the UK or the US without being shunned on the street?

And why are you laughing your ass off?

by Anonymousreply 71June 8, 2023 8:08 PM

He made a film for Franco Nero in Italy, which made me sad. Franco Nero was so fucking hot back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 72June 8, 2023 11:22 PM

Farrell definitely fits the substance abuse bill, he went through a massive drinking phase, but most chalked it up his success. I vaguely recall him staggering around with Britney Spears, both looking very bleary eyed.

by Anonymousreply 73June 9, 2023 12:24 AM

He brought Britney as his date to a movie premiere and they were fucking at the time

by Anonymousreply 74June 9, 2023 12:31 AM

I have always depended on the asses of young strangers.

by Anonymousreply 75June 9, 2023 1:11 AM

R68 & r69…I can’t imagine why he would….

by Anonymousreply 76June 9, 2023 1:25 AM

It Collie Hardnet and Robbie D Spacecake Jr

by Anonymousreply 77June 9, 2023 1:36 AM

Almost sounds like Richard Madden, particularly the part about 'secretive personal life'. And a lot of his fans have remarked about how paranoid, secretive, and reclusive he became in the last decade. But other things in that BI don't sound like him. So, who knows.

by Anonymousreply 78June 9, 2023 2:09 AM

Richard Madden and who else? Spacey again?

by Anonymousreply 79June 9, 2023 4:13 AM

The age of consent in Italy is 14.

by Anonymousreply 80June 16, 2023 1:04 PM

George Burns and Walter Matthau.

by Anonymousreply 81June 16, 2023 1:09 PM

Michael Jackson and Macauley Culkin.

by Anonymousreply 82June 16, 2023 1:10 PM

As I re-read the BI, it does kind of sound like Farrell, since I don't know that anyone would describe some of the other candidates as "A-". Though from listening to him in interviews, Farrell really does that have that "AA-speak/former addict" thing down so I tend to think that if he had a story like that to tell, he'd tell it. I could see him saying that he was ashamed about it one time, but he's over it now & talks about it as part of his "healing" (or whatever).

by Anonymousreply 83June 16, 2023 1:24 PM

Colin Farrell

by Anonymousreply 84June 16, 2023 1:27 PM

Kevin Spacey and Jonathan Rhys Meyer

by Anonymousreply 85June 16, 2023 1:36 PM

Colin Farrell has a child with a serious disability, that’s the main reason for his depression, he has another child with a different woman too, his personal life isn’t easy, a lot of conflicts and drug abuse because he was too vulnerable. He spoke about his personal issues in an interview, I think stories from the past compared to what he’s living now are pretty irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 86June 16, 2023 2:06 PM

Beautiful soul on that man. More so than any other star I think. I like when he cried about the homeless on some talk show

by Anonymousreply 87June 16, 2023 4:23 PM

Nonsense. Farrell's issues predate fathering a child.

by Anonymousreply 88June 17, 2023 2:41 AM

Froy was born in Mexico…

by Anonymousreply 89June 17, 2023 2:51 AM

Froy is pretty much D-List.

by Anonymousreply 90June 17, 2023 2:53 AM

What people will do for fame.

by Anonymousreply 91June 17, 2023 3:27 AM

You can't tell me the "young" actor didnt know what was going on. He traded. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 92June 17, 2023 3:28 AM

Hollywood....selling themselves to the highest bidder. Corrupt, sleazy, scum of humanity. All of them.

by Anonymousreply 93June 17, 2023 3:31 AM

Years ago? Oh yeah, that really narrows it down.

by Anonymousreply 94June 17, 2023 3:37 AM

Guy Pearce

by Anonymousreply 95June 17, 2023 3:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!