Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Uh oh. An Edmonton teacher yelled at a group of students who skipped pride day.

She'll be fired shorty, I expect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 9, 2023 5:13 PM

Muslims all in the comments. Shocker.

by Anonymousreply 1June 6, 2023 10:59 PM

Pride has gotten out of hand. Acceptance is one thing but I don't think that everybody has to be forced to celebrate or participate in pride activities that's just stupid.

by Anonymousreply 2June 6, 2023 11:08 PM

She was addressing Muslim students, R1.

by Anonymousreply 3June 6, 2023 11:33 PM

As a teacher, the much bigger problem is that she was recorded and this was put online. I don’t care if you agree with what she says or not.

by Anonymousreply 4June 7, 2023 12:00 AM

Pride has gotten out of hand.

by Anonymousreply 5June 7, 2023 12:02 AM

How so, r5?

by Anonymousreply 6June 7, 2023 2:55 AM

They have those displays celebrating Pride at Target, R6. So out of hand. We must stop Pride now!

by Anonymousreply 7June 7, 2023 3:02 AM

This.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 7, 2023 4:51 AM

So naff, r8.

The adult Pride reps are overweight, awkward nerds.

by Anonymousreply 9June 7, 2023 5:31 AM

Poor Classroom Etiquette 101.

Her problem is getting emotional and yelling. And then telling the kids they don’t belong in Canada. Then mentioning skin colour.

She could have made her point in a normal voice about how respect requires everyone in the school to learn about different cultural celebrations and a greater point about how community is made strong by respecting individuality. But mama had to screech her truth therefore the kids she is trying to reach will dismiss her as an overheated rage case and will miss out the validity of what she was saying.

by Anonymousreply 10June 7, 2023 5:43 AM

I agree, R10. She did have a good point about other students respecting and getting involved in Ramadan activities put on by the school, but she should not have told these students that they don't belong in Canada if they skip Pride days.

It'll be interesting to see how the media plays this one out - and how conservatives react to it. I'm sure they won't know whose side to be on.

by Anonymousreply 11June 7, 2023 1:57 PM

Of course the Post picked up on this story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 7, 2023 10:31 PM

She sounds mean.

When did school become a neverending pc reprimand? And they don't even teach cursive anymore.

by Anonymousreply 13June 8, 2023 6:03 AM

R8’s video looks like Halloween for clowns. What the fuck does any of this have to do with my predilection for sucking duck?

by Anonymousreply 14June 8, 2023 6:55 AM

And Alberta is Canada's Alabama, so I've been told.

by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2023 7:00 AM

How OLD are you R13? You must be dinosaur ancient.

by Anonymousreply 16June 8, 2023 8:41 AM

R8 are those rainbow-draped teachers saying "Happy Suicide Day" all singsongy and joyful?

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2023 9:12 AM

R8 that looks really cultish. Just replace everything with religious iconography and chants.

by Anonymousreply 18June 8, 2023 2:03 PM

Yes, because forcing people to accept has worked so well in the past.

by Anonymousreply 19June 8, 2023 2:10 PM

She rants about freedom but makes it clear these guys don't have a choice. They MUST bow on the altar of progressive ideology.

The dumb bitch forgets that people have a right to associate with whom ever they want, or not.

by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2023 2:16 PM

"She did have a good point about other students respecting and getting involved in Ramadan activities put on by the school..."

Why the hell is a religion-- ANY religion-- being celebrated in a public school? Neither religion nor political ideology should be ENFORCED by any tax-funded school. Wasn't that once the "liberal" opinion? But now I'm a "Nazi" for still believing it?

by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2023 2:45 PM

I think the school has a large Muslim population and is trying to be inclusive, R21.

by Anonymousreply 22June 8, 2023 3:13 PM

The Muslim kids can practice their religion all they want on their own time. No religion in public schools. Ever. Period.

by Anonymousreply 23June 8, 2023 4:54 PM

So many countries have gone fucking insane with this PC stuff and it’s giving even worse conservatives ammunition for their problems. Why are there explicitly religious events in a public school? Why is a pride event required?

by Anonymousreply 24June 8, 2023 5:12 PM

[quote]..yelled at a group of students who skipped pride day. She'll be fired shorty.

As she should be.

by Anonymousreply 25June 8, 2023 5:14 PM

Christians and Muslims protesting Pride in Ottawa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 9, 2023 5:09 PM

Extremist Christians and extremist Muslims joining forces is not a good thing, however, I hope the fundie Muslims realize that they're nothing but useful tools for evangelicals.

by Anonymousreply 27June 9, 2023 5:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!