Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

TASTEFUL FRIENDS OF THE KARDASHOSHERE

This place is fancy...nancy FANCY With a touch of Home Goods appeal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65June 5, 2023 1:53 PM

2005 TJ maxx gift shop.

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2023 3:03 AM

I just love Early Russian Empire 💕 đŸ€—

by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2023 4:23 AM

if you work hard you can have a place like that

by Anonymousreply 3June 4, 2023 4:26 AM

^ Good to know, I'll just sit here on my ass and do nothing

by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2023 4:35 AM

Rich, tacky Persians?

by Anonymousreply 5June 4, 2023 4:38 AM

[quote] TASTEFUL FRIENDS OF THE KARDASHOSHERE

Thatsh’s exshactly how I shay it!

by Anonymousreply 6June 4, 2023 4:39 AM

Does this place belong to a very rich Mafia boss?

by Anonymousreply 7June 4, 2023 4:40 AM

Ceiling painting done by the Michelangelo of our time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 4, 2023 4:41 AM

This bedroom looks like it's from an expensive brothel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 4, 2023 4:43 AM

A library with a half-dozen books.

by Anonymousreply 10June 4, 2023 4:45 AM

Oh wow.... matchy-matchy in that hideous bedroom. The painting matches the flowers that match the bedspread and so on... yikes.

It's all very Third-or-Fourth-son of the Sultan of Somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 11June 4, 2023 4:47 AM

The decor is very feminine. I'm thinking a older woman with a lot of money. There's no way a man would live there. Some of the stuff looks like rich granny.

by Anonymousreply 12June 4, 2023 4:57 AM

Cozy.

by Anonymousreply 13June 4, 2023 5:06 AM

Too minimalist and the colors are too washed out.

by Anonymousreply 14June 4, 2023 5:17 AM

Her decorator shed his thetans as he entered the lawyer foyer.

by Anonymousreply 15June 4, 2023 5:34 AM

Possibly a very rich drag queen, or the Golden Girls after they won the lotto.

by Anonymousreply 16June 4, 2023 5:36 AM

Christ, Calabasas is so fucking ugly.

by Anonymousreply 17June 4, 2023 5:38 AM

It says "Bellezza" in the entrance foyer. A rich Sicilian?

by Anonymousreply 18June 4, 2023 5:51 AM

A beautiful lesbian lives there? r18

by Anonymousreply 19June 4, 2023 6:16 AM

R19, I assume "bellezza" means "beauty" and the owner thinks they have amazing taste in architecture and decor.

by Anonymousreply 20June 4, 2023 6:35 AM

@r17, "Christ, Calabasas is so fucking ugly. "

It sure looks hot, dry and desolate. Not fit for Czarina Romanov 😠

by Anonymousreply 21June 4, 2023 7:05 AM

The scariest part is there are people out there that make this ugly crap to fill these monstrosities

by Anonymousreply 22June 4, 2023 7:09 AM

The description...

"Villa Bellezza is an Italianate tour-de-force masterpiece & 6 yr labor of love involving some of the finest craftsmanship & design."

Oh, please, it looks like 12 Mexican day laborers built it 🙄

by Anonymousreply 23June 4, 2023 7:13 AM

Sits on barely more than one acre.

by Anonymousreply 24June 4, 2023 11:32 AM

I would be interested to know just what type of person would like to live like this. It's so over the top, and they spent a fortune, but it's baffling to me. No one younger than 50, surely. No one with young children, I'd guess. Did they have servants at their beck and call that they'd ring to bring tea? I just can't see anyone wanting this unless it's just for an eccentric, over the top joke.

by Anonymousreply 25June 4, 2023 4:41 PM

Can't you look up owners of properties?

by Anonymousreply 26June 4, 2023 4:45 PM

Nothing makes me more sick than trash with money and no taste. Worse than starving orphans.

by Anonymousreply 27June 4, 2023 4:50 PM

Looked it up and they're Americans! Built by Robin and Tim Gibson who own St. Tropez sun tanning lotion. They're in their mid 60's. Strange because you wouldn't dare have any suntan oil on if you were going to sit down in this place!

by Anonymousreply 28June 4, 2023 4:55 PM

I hardly think someone would spend this much money on a joke, R25. The owner thinks this house is beautiful and elegant. It must be their interpretation of the Baroque and Rococo palaces of Italy, France, Germany, Spain, England etc.

There are plenty of California mansions in the French Baroque style that were inspired by Versailles.

by Anonymousreply 29June 4, 2023 4:56 PM

R25 To paraphrase Dolly Parton, it costs a lot to look this cheap.

The house is shitty new construction. The fixtures, etc.—none of it best in class. I’m not sure if it’s virtually staged or not, but the furniture looks like crappy knockoffs.

by Anonymousreply 30June 4, 2023 4:59 PM

Yes, I agree it wasn't built as a joke, r29, but more of a campy sort of, "fuck it, let's go for it" type goal. It was built in 2010, so the couple that built it were in their late 4os early 50s. I know a few very wealthy people around that age and they would never want this. This evokes an entire lifestyle, almost high camp. I know, I know, to each his own.

by Anonymousreply 31June 4, 2023 5:06 PM

I do think it could be a great location for a finishing school for rich girls, or a themed Air BnB. Or possibly a filiming location for a story about an over the top heiress.

by Anonymousreply 32June 4, 2023 5:13 PM

I guess you could turn it into a home for renfair abuse survivors - add some lutes.

by Anonymousreply 33June 4, 2023 5:14 PM

A new sitcom, "The Calabasas Hillbillies",

by Anonymousreply 34June 4, 2023 5:23 PM

Marked down from 29 million. Zillow values the home at 10.6 moillion.

by Anonymousreply 35June 4, 2023 5:24 PM

They had to spend upward of thirty million in construction. They'll most likely take a loss, even in this market.

by Anonymousreply 36June 4, 2023 5:32 PM

LOT'S A LOUIE ECKS VEE EYE!

by Anonymousreply 37June 4, 2023 5:40 PM

Yep R28 is right - she founded St. Tropez self-tanner. ?? Never heard of it but apparently the Kardashians use it. The Gibsons are going through a divorce.

They also have a listing in NJ - so not sure if this is just bad taste or harkens to a NJ ideal a la RHONJ.

The outside can be saved - but what the fuck was she thinking? She says she was inspired by palazzos in Lake Como - but clearly she wasn't paying attention.

Too much shit - too many details and NO style. Just HomeGoods crap everywhere. They must have gone over budget or are just stupid people.

by Anonymousreply 38June 4, 2023 5:42 PM

OP, it’s spelled “KardAssWhoreSphere”

by Anonymousreply 39June 4, 2023 6:03 PM

[quote]She says she was inspired by palazzos in Lake Como - but clearly she wasn't paying attention.

The palaces would be hard to reproduce with the same high quality of materials and craftsmanship (eg. the ceiling painting 🙄). These mansions always look like tacky knock offs.

by Anonymousreply 40June 4, 2023 6:19 PM

I’d love to just lounge around in one of these houses. I don’t care if it looks “tacky.” Looks comfy and relaxing to me.

by Anonymousreply 41June 4, 2023 6:31 PM

^ It gives me an anxiety attack 😬

by Anonymousreply 42June 4, 2023 7:28 PM

Persian or Chinese?

by Anonymousreply 43June 4, 2023 7:58 PM

R38 Who is Tim fucking?

by Anonymousreply 44June 4, 2023 8:02 PM

One night in Bangkok.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 4, 2023 8:13 PM

I would enjoy trying to improve this. To start off, all the sponged walls and ceilings make the entire house look filthy. In general, the colors are god awful. I see what the were going for and it worked but its awful. I could see this being redone in a more regal-royal color scheme, with jewel tones. Give it a sort of renaissance palace feel with a bit of Game of Thrones fantasy. Also some rooms should dare to go very very dark colored. And some rooms to rest the eyes with bright monochrome. I don't mind all the rococo surfaces and detailing. I think some of the floors might be rather nice.

by Anonymousreply 46June 4, 2023 8:15 PM

[quote] I’d love to just lounge around in one of these houses. I don’t care if it looks “tacky.” Looks comfy and relaxing to me.

R41 types White Kanye. Or low key Pete Davidson. Or any of the other men that Venus Fly Trap clan has ensnared.

by Anonymousreply 47June 4, 2023 8:35 PM

This one is two doors down. $2M cheaper and only about 1,500 square feet smaller, but so much more aesthetically pleasing, at least imho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 4, 2023 8:59 PM

^ Why do all newer LA mansions all have the same basic layout? Grand entrance with dual staircases, a ridiculously huge greatroom and then a bunch of other rooms. Of course they all have to have an obscene kitchen that no one will ever use 🙄

by Anonymousreply 49June 4, 2023 9:18 PM

Seems a bit , how do you say
overdone !?! I just can’t quite put my finger on it

by Anonymousreply 50June 4, 2023 9:51 PM

I like where they were heading with this..... they just didnt get there. All of the repro furniture just isnt proportioned right, and they have used can lights which just do not work with traditional styling, they only suit a modern home. I'd also get rid of all the sponged walls and celings as R46 suggests and go with some dark colours, and he roccoco detailing in the room in pic 10 is nice, its the only room that they almost got right. There is a lot of detailing in the other rooms that just isnt very good, it doesnt look right. The exterior really isnt bad though, Its the inside that needs remediation

But its still nicer than bare concrete everywhere

by Anonymousreply 51June 5, 2023 12:03 AM

R49 that’s Calabasas for ya. It’s fairly worse than what you might find in Brentwood or the Palisades (or even Beverly Park). But point taken as to what you’ll see in the flats of Beverly Hills. The days of well designed homes by Paul Williams, or Wallace Neff, or knock-offs of Julia Morgan are gone girl.

by Anonymousreply 52June 5, 2023 1:11 AM

It has "Trump" written all over it, at least on the inside.

by Anonymousreply 53June 5, 2023 1:13 AM

R48, this is just as bad, if not worse. It looks like a McMansion. What is it that Americans don't get about Palladio? The proportions of the vestibule are totally off.

by Anonymousreply 54June 5, 2023 1:16 AM

I can't see fun, modern people enjoying this house. Not that's it's all that stuffy, it just looks it's for a wealthy woman with old fashioned taste.

by Anonymousreply 55June 5, 2023 1:20 AM

I suspect the walls are not sponge painted. They probably paid up to have plaster walls, or at least to skim coat the sheet rock with plaster and they wanted to make sure it was really obvious, so they overdid it with the color. They wanted their money’s worth of “depth” and “texture.”

by Anonymousreply 56June 5, 2023 1:35 AM

Yes it's not paint it's Venetian plaster with colors mixed in.

by Anonymousreply 57June 5, 2023 2:11 AM

Drunken Trowel Dancing

by Anonymousreply 58June 5, 2023 3:26 AM

R58 the small town redneck “All American” Republican type into dildos is over there, in the other thread >>>

by Anonymousreply 59June 5, 2023 3:52 AM

Oops
I read that as towel dancing!

Never mind

by Anonymousreply 60June 5, 2023 3:56 AM

It took six years to build this tacky mansion. Shocking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 5, 2023 6:01 AM

OK plaster. COLORED plaster. Looks bad. As I said I think some great materials were used in this house but I can't be sure without closer inspection. The iron work looks great. The floors looks great (though I don't always love the colors). Some of the paneling is OK - some not. I don't think the home is a complete disaster. It could be salvaged. The room I'm posting is quite imposing and could be fixed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 5, 2023 8:35 AM

The lady of the house really likes angels, eg. the angel statuette on the table at R62, the angel painting in one of the bathrooms, the angel mosaic in another bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 63June 5, 2023 12:27 PM

What in the world is this? So much stone and miles of fabric and it feels awful. Just awful.

by Anonymousreply 64June 5, 2023 1:11 PM

Is that elaborate molding cast stone or is it that Styrofoam finished to look like stone. Something tells me it's probably Styrofoam.

by Anonymousreply 65June 5, 2023 1:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!