Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So, what are we drinking?

Alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinking experiences are equally welcome! I'll start: I'm having an Aperol Spritz or two, then red Sancerre to go with the pappardelle pasta dish I have planned for dinner. Cheers!

by Anonymousreply 33June 5, 2023 2:16 PM

A Cape Codder with a splash of Triple Sec.

Mmmm. Summery.

by Anonymousreply 1June 3, 2023 9:24 PM

Coffee

by Anonymousreply 2June 3, 2023 10:06 PM

Bay Bridge Strawberry Moscato I spent the big bucks

by Anonymousreply 3June 3, 2023 10:07 PM

[quote]Working from home

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 3, 2023 10:10 PM

Boring Truly at the moment, because I'm going out later for real drinks. I can't show up 100% sober because the gang I'm hanging with is an awkward crowd until I show up.

by Anonymousreply 5June 3, 2023 10:12 PM

Redd's Hard Apple: (several six packs today alone)..."It's refreshingly crisp."

by Anonymousreply 6June 3, 2023 10:12 PM

What kind of pappardelle did you make? It’s so good.

by Anonymousreply 7June 3, 2023 10:25 PM

Zevia cream soda

by Anonymousreply 8June 3, 2023 10:25 PM

R7, with pork bolognese and lots of basil. Pappardelle is my favorite kid of pasta. Am just starting to prepare it now, after I finish my second Aperol. Sante!

by Anonymousreply 9June 3, 2023 10:50 PM

The red Sancerre is opening nicely and the food was pretty tasty, with leftovers for tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 10June 3, 2023 11:49 PM

A box of Crisp White Wine from Publix, as always.

by Anonymousreply 11June 3, 2023 11:51 PM

I'm wondering if tonight is a good time to drink a small bottle of very nice ice wine.

by Anonymousreply 12June 3, 2023 11:53 PM

I sometimes take a 32oz tumbler, pour in a chilled 12oz can of Clear American Cherry Limeade, add splashes of tart Cherry Juice and Lime Juice concentrate, and then fill the rest of the glass with chilled lime-flavored sparkling water. So refreshing!

by Anonymousreply 13June 3, 2023 11:58 PM

Thanks, R13! I will try that on my nondrinking nights.

by Anonymousreply 14June 4, 2023 12:00 AM

2/3 lime seltzer with 1/3 lemonade.

by Anonymousreply 15June 4, 2023 1:14 AM

Mexican Coca-Cola. I treat myself to a bottle every week or two. It's so refreshing.

by Anonymousreply 16June 4, 2023 3:35 AM

I decided to make some iced green tea with lime. I'll have some of that when it cools down a bit.

by Anonymousreply 17June 4, 2023 3:39 AM

Warm water

by Anonymousreply 18June 4, 2023 3:40 AM

one evening I was feeling my oats at a summer evening patio dinner party. I had a delicious craft non-alcoholic, fruit-splashed, low-calorie beverage in hand. The tumbler was just the right size for my hand. during the conversation, I was apparently holding the tumbler close to my face as i was speaking. The person sitting beside me interrupted me and goes "Why are you holding that glass close to your face? It's stupid.". I was stunned and devastated. I decided from that minute forward I would harden my heart and keep my joy inside of me while in the presence of swine.

by Anonymousreply 19June 4, 2023 12:09 PM

I keep seeing recipes on YouTube for agua frescas that sound awfully good. The ones that use evaporated mild sound less refreshing but probably are still delicious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 4, 2023 1:22 PM

I’m sitting in a wonderful Portuguese bakery in Miami called Majestic enjoying a café com leite and a Portuguese style chocolate croissant..

Jealous, bitches?

by Anonymousreply 21June 4, 2023 1:30 PM

Not really, R21--you lost me at Miami.

by Anonymousreply 22June 4, 2023 1:32 PM

So I've been sober 16 years, and the only thing I miss about drinking is wine with fine dinners. But at a restaurant in Monterey I had the most wonderful mocktail, a Grapefruit Shrub! It was delicious, cold and sparkling and not too sweet, the way most fruity beverages are.

To make a Shrub syrup you basically combine equal parts sugar, fruit, and vinegar and let it all steep for a few days, and the sugar dissolves the fruit flavors and the vinegar cuts the sweetness. I had to play with the recipe a few times to get a version that had no vinegar taste, but now I've got some orange shrub syrup in my fridge. I add it to seltzer for a delicious, sparkline, summer beverage.

by Anonymousreply 23June 4, 2023 4:23 PM

Today is for yard work, so I'm drinking iced water and iced mint tea. I will allow myself a giant Coke Zero in about an hour.

by Anonymousreply 24June 4, 2023 4:27 PM

Pepsi Zero Sugar

by Anonymousreply 25June 4, 2023 6:01 PM

I've never had a red sancerre! How does it compare to other Pinot Noirs?

by Anonymousreply 26June 4, 2023 6:15 PM

It's similar, R26. The red sancerre was a little more forceful than many pinot noirs I've had--meaning fuller body, but dryer, and had a lot of fruit (I know--MARY!). But there is a similarity in style. Red sancerres are really smooth.

by Anonymousreply 27June 4, 2023 7:41 PM

A glass (or two) of Pinot Noir

by Anonymousreply 28June 4, 2023 8:10 PM

R10, I've never tried a red Sancerre. Can you recommend one that's reasonably priced?

by Anonymousreply 29June 4, 2023 8:19 PM

R29, I had one in Paris that turned me on to red Sancerres. I don't recall it's name now, sadly. I got a Lucien Crochet 2016 La Croix du Roy from my neghborhood wine store. It was about $38.

by Anonymousreply 30June 4, 2023 9:07 PM

So, OP?

by Anonymousreply 31June 4, 2023 10:07 PM

R31, R30=OP.

by Anonymousreply 32June 5, 2023 11:00 AM

Evian with ice

by Anonymousreply 33June 5, 2023 2:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!