Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How many times will we hear "stop shoving it down our throats!" this month?

John uttered it earlier today, along with telling us we've got more rights than the straights who are just trying to live their lives!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 9, 2023 2:19 PM

Most gay people are sick to death of the corporatization of Gay Pride; others are sick to death of the genderification of Gay Pride.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 3, 2023 8:26 PM

Who the fuck is John and why should we care what he thinks?

by Anonymousreply 2June 3, 2023 8:37 PM

I'll give you something to shove down your throat.

by Anonymousreply 3June 3, 2023 9:23 PM

An example of " shoving it down our throats."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2023 11:58 AM

Even gay people don't want to see that shit.

by Anonymousreply 5June 4, 2023 11:59 AM

Believe me gays are just as sick and tired of wokeness and pronouns as straights.

by Anonymousreply 6June 4, 2023 12:05 PM

Stop shoving it down our throats!!

Archer: “Are we not doing ‘phrasing’ anymore?”

by Anonymousreply 7June 4, 2023 12:24 PM

The use of “shoving it down on our throats” says it all. Guys like this yearn to be “forced” to suck a huge Mandingo cock.

by Anonymousreply 8June 4, 2023 12:48 PM

The unironic way straights use the term “shoving it down our throats”. Shoving WHAT, exactly? Stupid fucks.

by Anonymousreply 9June 4, 2023 12:50 PM

When I hear stop shoving it down our throats, it means "STOP MAKING ME SEE YOU EXIST!" Yeah corporate pride shit is all over the place and it is a money grab because they know gay dollars are good. Make no mistake though most if these companies, including Disney support just as many Anti-gay politicians. Could you imagine if they did it in Feb? "STOP SHOVING BEING BLACK DOWN OUR THROATS!"

by Anonymousreply 10June 4, 2023 12:58 PM

When I hear that phrase “shoving it down our throats “ I know the speaker has a closed mind. Its pointless to talk to such a closed minded person. The problem I see with the fake liberals is the false, performative concern. Someone made a great point in another thread that when they were threatened and bullied for being gay, nobody defended them. The “concern” of both the fake progressives and the alt right wingers is only a show . Agreeing to disagree is seemingly extinct. Tolerance has been replaced by either or, dualistic separation between the “good” and the “bad.”

The purple hair crowd is so sensitive that they call their therapists in order to find out how to respond to someone else’s “oppression.” If the therapists want to get paid and entertained at the same time, the client is told that the other person deserves their bad situation and the client is the most “oppressed” and is an “empath.” There is no solidarity, only permutations of victimhood, with no resolution. Instead of cultivating acceptance of things that can’t be changed, or changed simply and immediately, a constant state of uncertainty and tension buildup is being promoted, rather than teaching people to increase their acceptance of uncertainty and tolerance of differences.

by Anonymousreply 11June 4, 2023 1:09 PM

The problem is we are experiencing "we got what we need." syndrome. As others have said the TQ+ is dragging us down. That is such bullshit. They are trying to separate us. "We can tolerate YOU now but not the trans, questioning, non-binary freaks. Leave them out and be outraged with us." You dumbasses who think that better open your eyes. They are calling all of us GROOMERS, They are attacking all of us.

by Anonymousreply 12June 4, 2023 1:19 PM

He looks like a younger version of Vladimir Putin.

by Anonymousreply 13June 4, 2023 1:26 PM

Even I am sick of rainbows and performative "allyship" everywhere. Enough.

by Anonymousreply 14June 4, 2023 1:29 PM

Being gay was more fun in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 15June 4, 2023 2:15 PM

I don't have enough pride to warrant a full month of celebration.

by Anonymousreply 16June 4, 2023 2:17 PM

This idea that you get to leave the house and not see anything you dislike without openly complaining . . . where do they get it? I can't stand little Hyundais zipping around in traffic making these dragonfly/lawnmower noises and getting in the way, but they paid the same taxes to pave the highway that I did.

by Anonymousreply 17June 4, 2023 2:58 PM

I agree with you, R16 . I hate to say it, but I also agree to a point with the comments I've seen multiple times of "Only one day to remember our fallen soldiers, one day for veterans, but gays get a whole month!" Isn't there also something in October? Coming Out Day or something? Why? Why June for that matter? Why not just pick one day- one effing day- to celebrate Gay Pride (those who feel the need), have the events and parades, come out if they want to, then go back to normal like any other holiday or festival? The corporates can still merchandise, celebs get to ally signal, the KKKonservatives won't have it "shoved down their throats", and the gays get to sashay down Main Street while Diana Ross's "I'm Comin' Out" plays. Everybody's happy.

I don't know. I've just never felt the need to do any kind of pride events or anything. My "Wizard of Oz" and Muppets collections have enough rainbows for me. My sexuality is my business and only one small part of who I am; not a huge chunk or the outer shell of my identity. I don't introduce myself as, "Hi! I'm gay! My name is..." I believe in us gays standing up and fighting for our rights, I'm not self-hating, but why put it on loudspeaker? It's nobody else's business what I do in bed and who I do it with. I don't want to know what Steve and Janie next door get up to.

by Anonymousreply 18June 4, 2023 3:06 PM

OP, dont you get it? They say that all the time because they want dicks down their throats and they are projecting!

by Anonymousreply 19June 4, 2023 3:07 PM

Not just any dicks, R19. Black dicks. Big, black dicks. They’re obsessed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 4, 2023 3:12 PM

If you're sick of corporatized Pride, start voting against it with your money. My partner and I "celebrated Pride" this morning by having breakfast at a small, gay-owned restaurant, NOT by virtue signaling on Facebook. Start walking the walk instead of talking the talk and you'll feel better.

by Anonymousreply 21June 4, 2023 3:40 PM

I'm sick of the heterosexual lifestyle that's shoved down people's throat.

by Anonymousreply 22June 4, 2023 3:50 PM

It truly is a sick and boring life, R22.

by Anonymousreply 23June 4, 2023 3:57 PM

[quote] but I also agree to a point with the comments I've seen multiple times of "Only one day to remember our fallen soldiers, one day for veterans, but gays get a whole month!"

May is National Military Appreciation Month. They also have Veterans Day, Memorial Day and Armed Forces Day.

by Anonymousreply 24June 4, 2023 4:02 PM

Corporations don’t celebrate veterans and progressives are very anti-military, anti-police, anti-colonialism aka the United States.

by Anonymousreply 25June 4, 2023 4:03 PM

Heterosexuals have been shoving their sexuality in our faces for centuries in all sorts of ways. So they can STFU.

So can all of the trolls on this thread who you can be sure are not gay.

by Anonymousreply 26June 4, 2023 4:11 PM

[quote] My sexuality is my business and only one small part of who I am; not a huge chunk or the outer shell of my identity. I don't introduce myself as, "Hi! I'm gay! My name is..." I believe in us gays standing up and fighting for our rights, I'm not self-hating, but why put it on loudspeaker?

Pretty much exactly my take. I have no problem with it and get why it’s important to some, but I don’t celebrate pride because I don’t feel “proud” to be gay any more than I feel “proud” to have blue eyes or brown hair. It’s a characteristic but it’s incidental to who I am —and, frankly, not a very interesting part of who I am.

by Anonymousreply 27June 4, 2023 4:17 PM

[quote]An example of " shoving it down our throats."

Only if you have a subscription to Glamour UK, r4...

by Anonymousreply 28June 4, 2023 4:27 PM

[quote] So can all of the trolls on this thread who you can be sure are not gay.

No, I think they are gay. Unfortunately, a lot of them just feel like they have achieved an acceptable level of safety and assimilation and don't feel like doing the work to achieve that for trans people.

by Anonymousreply 29June 4, 2023 4:35 PM

I don't have a subscription to Glamour, r28, UK, US, or wherever, and I have seen that pic at least ten times online, and if it hasn't been shoved down my throat, it has surely been forced into my field of vision more times than I'd like.

Men don't give birth.

by Anonymousreply 30June 4, 2023 4:38 PM

[quote]and I have seen that pic at least ten times online

[quote]it has surely been forced into my field of vision

LOL...sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 31June 4, 2023 5:49 PM

I forgot I made this topic! The reason I did so was to take the piss out of dickhead callers like John. No, we shouldn't care what the Johns of this world think, but I thought it'd be a shame to miss an opportunity to mock an old homophobe.

I just love how detractors of Pride act like they're forced to partake in any of it. Someone posted the cover of Glamour magazine earlier in this thread, as though a copy is being posted to every address in the UK and each person is being forced to read the article and look at all the pictures.

When really all that's happened is a magazine company chose to put an image of a pregnant trans man on their cover and every single person in the world is free to ignore it and pay it no attention. But why do that when you can piss and moan about it?

by Anonymousreply 32June 9, 2023 1:26 PM

R1, the gender… of gay pride? Stupid troll uttering bigoted memes.

by Anonymousreply 33June 9, 2023 1:31 PM

I saw a Facebook meme/post that fit the bill. The only group of people who get nervous every election year that their rights will be stripped away.

by Anonymousreply 34June 9, 2023 1:31 PM

Lmao! R3!

by Anonymousreply 35June 9, 2023 1:35 PM

[quote] Could you imagine if they did it in Feb? "STOP SHOVING BEING BLACK DOWN OUR THROATS!"

Oh, the conservative nellies do that too. They'd like if anyone not just like them would go back to not existing.

by Anonymousreply 36June 9, 2023 1:36 PM

Jerkoff.

by Anonymousreply 37June 9, 2023 1:42 PM

He sounds like he secretly wants it. If he doesn't want dick, then he should quit obsessing over it.

by Anonymousreply 38June 9, 2023 1:45 PM

They’re FLAUNTING their sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 39June 9, 2023 2:14 PM

Stop shoving those pulsating, quivering dicks about to EXPLODE thick streams of warm man-spooge down my waiting throat, you fucking perverts!

by Anonymousreply 40June 9, 2023 2:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!