Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Carly Simon told Dick Ebersol who was so vain 20 years ago

She whispered it in his ear after he won an auction for that whispered name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 3, 2023 6:44 PM

My understanding is that this was revealed years ago as Warren Beatty?

by Anonymousreply 1June 3, 2023 2:47 PM

You probably think this song is about me

by Anonymousreply 2June 3, 2023 2:48 PM

OP, no one cared 20 years ago, an no one cares now.

by Anonymousreply 3June 3, 2023 2:53 PM

She had some dreams. They were clouds in her coffee, clouds in her coffee.

by Anonymousreply 4June 3, 2023 2:58 PM

it's called a mocha latte.

by Anonymousreply 5June 3, 2023 3:01 PM

She also told Howard Stern... via whisper in ear.

by Anonymousreply 6June 3, 2023 3:03 PM

I thought she said it was partly about Warren Beatty (the first part about the apricot scarf) and the second part about the jet was about David Geffen.

by Anonymousreply 7June 3, 2023 3:05 PM

Plot twist: "You're So Vain" was really about Shirley MacLaine, Warren's older and oft-reincarnated sister.

by Anonymousreply 8June 3, 2023 3:07 PM

I’ve always guessed it was Warren Beatty. I think even Carly said there was an an and e in the name, something like that. He fucked practically every hot chick in Hollywood, so it’s hardly surprising if it’s him.

by Anonymousreply 9June 3, 2023 3:17 PM

A and E in the name^^^

by Anonymousreply 10June 3, 2023 3:17 PM

Wtf is Dick Ebersole?

by Anonymousreply 11June 3, 2023 3:28 PM

Fuck if I know, r11.

by Anonymousreply 12June 3, 2023 3:32 PM

Does anyone really care? I feel like there is a subset of Manhattan liberals that would only care about this at a dinner party.

I could see Fran Lebowitz at said party.

by Anonymousreply 13June 3, 2023 3:56 PM

Warren Beatty and Shirley Maclaine had a selfish, self-absorbed mother, and they became little narcissists as a result.

It's never surprising to me Beatty became a star given his looks and build, but Maclaine did it through sheer will since she was neither pretty nor particularly talented (though she forced herself to be a good dancer and a decent actress).

by Anonymousreply 14June 3, 2023 3:59 PM

What about Mick Jagger, who sang background? He’s got an A and an E. I think the point is it’s not specifically one man, but an impression of some men Carly has known.

Whatever, or whoever, it’s a fun song I crank up every time I hear it.

by Anonymousreply 15June 3, 2023 4:00 PM

I probably think this thread is about me. Don't you? Don't you, bitches?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 3, 2023 4:10 PM

I think about the reveal every time I hear the song.

by Anonymousreply 17June 3, 2023 4:35 PM

Who could it be? WHO COULD IT BE??

I don't know who's so vain, but I know who's so precious. A 'whispered name', lol, like it's a state fucking secret. She needs to get over herself.

by Anonymousreply 18June 3, 2023 5:07 PM

Just covering James Taylor's ass, probably

by Anonymousreply 19June 3, 2023 6:17 PM

It's about me, Representative George Santos. I swore to Carly I wouldn't reveal 'our secret' until after Tina Turner died, so now I'm free to tell the world !

by Anonymousreply 20June 3, 2023 6:33 PM

You're so vain? It's probably about Carly herself. Carly is as vain vain vain as the day is long, and with very little reason for it. She's marginally talented as a singer-songwriter and apparently a bitch on wheels as a parent and a person.

by Anonymousreply 21June 3, 2023 6:39 PM

I admit I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but have these lyrics every made sense?

[quote]You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you...

But, it IS about him!

by Anonymousreply 22June 3, 2023 6:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!