Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

UK Lion Pride to join NFL in 2025

The National Football League (NFL) announced on June 1, 2023, that it will expand to the United Kingdom with a new team called the UK Lion Pride. The team will begin play in the 2025 season and will be based in London.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 3, 2023 11:54 AM

Is this the game that's like rugby but with helmets?

by Anonymousreply 1June 3, 2023 9:36 AM

Rugby is infinitely better, r1

by Anonymousreply 2June 3, 2023 9:48 AM

Too many brain injuries for me to like this.

by Anonymousreply 3June 3, 2023 10:05 AM

US "Football" is the dullest sport to watch, it has no flow, don;t understand why anyone in the UK would want to play it or are these players all immigrants?

by Anonymousreply 4June 3, 2023 10:10 AM

It's about time the Britis finally learned what football means

by Anonymousreply 5June 3, 2023 10:21 AM

[quote]It's about time the Britis finally learned what football means

One - Brits invented football. Two - it's better named there as it's ball that you only kick around with your foot, not throw to each other like rugby.

by Anonymousreply 6June 3, 2023 10:38 AM

Kisses to you, R6

by Anonymousreply 7June 3, 2023 10:42 AM

That’s a stupid team name. But it’ll be interesting to see what they think. And I guess Sunday football now starts before noon.

by Anonymousreply 8June 3, 2023 10:54 AM

How will this work? I know that in NBA, a team plays a game every 2-3 nights. So something like this wouldn't be possible. How often do NFL teams play each other?

by Anonymousreply 9June 3, 2023 11:13 AM

The story is not true.

by Anonymousreply 10June 3, 2023 11:20 AM

[quot]How will this work? I know that in NBA, a team plays a game every 2-3 nights. So something like this wouldn't be possible. How often do NFL teams play each other?

Unlike baseball (MLB), basketball (NBA), and hockey (NHL), football teams (NFL) play only once a week, on Sunday or Monday.

by Anonymousreply 11June 3, 2023 11:43 AM

[quote]How will this work? I know that in NBA, a team plays a game every 2-3 nights. So something like this wouldn't be possible. How often do NFL teams play each other?

Unlike baseball (MLB), basketball (NBA), and hockey (NHL), football teams (NFL) play only once a week, on Sunday or Monday.

by Anonymousreply 12June 3, 2023 11:44 AM

This is fake news from a fake site…Jesus—improve your critical thinking skills.

by Anonymousreply 13June 3, 2023 11:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!