Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

John Phillips v Ryan O Neal

Who was the worse parent?

by Anonymousreply 36June 4, 2023 11:12 AM

They both fucked Mia Farrow.

by Anonymousreply 1June 3, 2023 2:08 AM

Ask the sister. The daughter. The sister. The daughter. Ask the sister AND the daughter.

by Anonymousreply 2June 3, 2023 2:48 AM

Ryan is worse. He knew better.

by Anonymousreply 3June 3, 2023 3:23 AM

John

by Anonymousreply 4June 3, 2023 3:25 AM

Equal shittiness?

by Anonymousreply 5June 3, 2023 3:25 AM

I can see how Roman Polanski could try to kill Phillips in a garage.

by Anonymousreply 6June 3, 2023 3:26 AM

I think Phillips fucked up more lives.

by Anonymousreply 7June 3, 2023 3:27 AM

But Phillips wrote beautiful songs we still listen to today. What has Ryan done to enrich our lives?

by Anonymousreply 8June 3, 2023 11:49 AM

How do they compare? John was a monster.

by Anonymousreply 9June 3, 2023 12:23 PM

Fucking your kids over isn't the same as fucking your kid.

John Phillips for the lower ring of hell.

But Ryan's close.

by Anonymousreply 10June 3, 2023 12:39 PM

I thought it was common knowledge they both had the same kind of relationship with their daughters.

by Anonymousreply 11June 3, 2023 3:14 PM

I thought it was common knowledge that Phillips' actions were in a sustained, demonstrably grooming and manipulative pattern, while O'Neal's didn't, and incest is not one of the issues the latter actually engaged in, no matter how despicable he is and has been. He sort-of hit on Tatum without even knowing who she was, after not seeing her for years. Not the same as having a multi-year fuck-fest with your daughter, full of conversation and mutual admission and support and other evidence of a special type of psychopath. Compared to that, O'Neal's abuse is garden-variety rich, coddled, self-abusing narcissist getting away with being a turd.

I also thought it was common knowledge that R11 is suspiciously naive about just how common her knowledge and posts are, in quite another way. It should be now, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 12June 3, 2023 4:01 PM

R8, please.

Just stop with the stupid "enrichment" crap and see the full picture.

Plus, it's not like anyone exists to enrich your life. Thank Satan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 3, 2023 4:05 PM

John Phillips was worse. Eww.

Ryan O'Neal's issue was being a selfish single dad in Hollywood. I don't think he molested Tatum but he had boundary issues. He would treat Tatum like his "little woman" until he brought women home for the night. He continued this behavior until Farrah came along and Farrah usurped Tatum's role as Ryan's main woman.

by Anonymousreply 14June 3, 2023 5:12 PM

Narcissists often sexualize their children. They don’t see them as separate individuals, rather just an extension of themselves so it makes them proud to see their children as sexual objects (eg Trump, O’Neal); actually committing incest and the severe neglect Phillips engaged in is way worse, although clearly O’Neal’s children are damaged.

by Anonymousreply 15June 3, 2023 6:10 PM

This isn't a contest. John Phllips raped his daughter repeatedly into adulthood. Ryan was a very shitty father but nothing he did compares to that.

by Anonymousreply 16June 3, 2023 6:21 PM

Hard question cause both are such shitty human beings. Phillips did rape his daughter though. Ryan was physically abusive with all his kids. Pieces of shit.

by Anonymousreply 17June 3, 2023 10:55 PM

Didn’t Ryan have sex with Tatum at least once AND would have her in the same bed while he was banging his bitches? I believe that’s actually been established, but if someone can correct me, go for it. I also have a hazy memory of reading that he and Tatum had a *huge* jealousy thing going on, which again points to at the very least, Ryan emotionally molesting her. Also, just a few years ago, he tried to pick up Tatum at a wedding because he didn’t even recognize her!!! “Dad? It’s me, Tatum.”

All this to say, John Phillips was much much “worse” if there is an evil spectrum. But really? These two men are TIED. Both monsters, equally.

by Anonymousreply 18June 3, 2023 11:18 PM

R18, he didn't have sex with her but he did have sex with Melanie Griffith when she was a teenager and she was also Tatum's BFF at the time. Melanie also had threesomes with Tatum when she was a teenager and Tatum was 12. Wow, people really went all nuts in the 70s during the sexual revolution.

[quote] Melanie Griffith lured her into an opium-fueled orgy when the Paper Moon actress was just 12, Tatum claims, adding that the two had a sexual encounter that night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 3, 2023 11:39 PM

Michelle Phillips is messed up, she is pissed at Mackenzie because she revealed the truth about John. I guess Michelle is all about money.

by Anonymousreply 20June 3, 2023 11:41 PM

No I’ve read that Ryan had Tate in the bed while he was fucking women. One of the women later sexually abused her. The female abused said to her during it thy she wished she had a cock to fuck Tate with. Tate has seriously tried to end her life over Ryan’s shit.

by Anonymousreply 21June 3, 2023 11:44 PM

I've heard that Tatum often slept in Ryan's bed as a child. When he had a woman spend the night he would lock Tatum out and Tatum would burst into tears. If he got into a relationship with the woman and she stated spending time at the house, he would allow Tatum to crawl into his bed in the morning and cuddle with him and his squeeze.

by Anonymousreply 22June 4, 2023 1:22 AM

Ryan's parents should have raised Ryan's kids - not that it was their responsibility but it would have been a more stable environment.

by Anonymousreply 23June 4, 2023 1:23 AM

Mel G was a huge young slut and would do just about anything for dick and drugs in her day.

by Anonymousreply 24June 4, 2023 1:33 AM

You're writing as though it's accepted fact that John Phillips fucked his daughter. I know she made that claim years ago. I thought that it was an allegation his daughter put in a book. Did the authorities investigate and find proof or witnesses? I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm asking if there was anything to back up her claims?

by Anonymousreply 25June 4, 2023 1:34 AM

R12 get over yourself…Tater.

by Anonymousreply 26June 4, 2023 2:12 AM

"You're writing as though it's accepted fact that John Phillips fucked his daughter."

It pretty much is. Phillips was a dirtbag, and his family being upset by the revelation of incest doesn't make MacKenzie's claim untrue.

by Anonymousreply 27June 4, 2023 5:49 AM

Any family would be upset by claims of father/daughter incest, that wouldn't necessarily make me question it. However, someone simply claiming that it happened doesn't make it true, R27. Most fathers, including the dirtbags, don't have sex with their daughters.

Is there anyone who backs up Mackenzie's claims about her father?

by Anonymousreply 28June 4, 2023 6:01 AM

Arlene Dahl was certain the years of rape endured by Cheryl Crane from Lex Barker never happened.

Arlene felt that former husband Lex’s cock was so large, Cheryl never would have been able to accommodate him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 4, 2023 6:10 AM

Both John Phillips and Ryan O'Neal had very blurred lines in their relationships with their daughters. They're both deeply disturbing and all of their children ended up tragically damaged.

by Anonymousreply 30June 4, 2023 7:27 AM

I've always thought it was interesting that both Mac and Tatum defend their fathers' parenting. It's a very strange dynamic.

by Anonymousreply 31June 4, 2023 7:38 AM

R31, that is not uncommon amongst abuse survivors, survivors of child abuse especially. Children (adult children included) can still love the abuser and harbor hopes that they will receive the love that they wanted from the abusive parent but never got.

I hope Mackenzie and Tatum have had therapy.

by Anonymousreply 32June 4, 2023 8:04 AM

@r8, "What has Ryan done to enrich our lives? "

He looked like this when he was young 😛

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 4, 2023 8:13 AM

Good point, r33, Ryan O'Neal was a hot bitch when he was a young man.

by Anonymousreply 34June 4, 2023 9:02 AM

I just looked this up, I was hazy on the details.

She says that she was an adult - 19 years old - when she and her father began having sex. She says they continued to have sex for ten years. So from the time she was 19 until she was 29 years old she was willing to fuck her father. She had already been in American Graffiti and on a hit television show. She had been a highly paid actress for years. She was also already a full blown drug addict. I guess her father started doing drugs with her many years before they were fucking each other.

Apparently Mackenzie claims this relationship was consensual.

Two consenting adults - no matter how fucked up it is to us - it's none of our business if they want to fuck each other.

by Anonymousreply 35June 4, 2023 9:19 AM

R35 you seriously need help. Sex between a father and daughter no matter what age is not “consensual” you sick fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 4, 2023 11:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!