Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

British Vogue's Edward Enninful to take on new global role

British Vogue editor-in-chief Edward Enninful will be stepping down from his role after six years of breaking boundaries at the top fashion magazine.

The 51-year-old will remain as an editorial advisor to the UK title but move into a newly-created job next year aimed at growing the brand globally.

His new portfolio as Vogue's global creative and cultural advisor will also allow him to take on external projects.

Enninful will be involved with the recruitment search for his successor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 23, 2023 5:04 PM

He looks like he rides the short bus

by Anonymousreply 1June 3, 2023 12:42 AM

Was British Vogue full of Enninful?

by Anonymousreply 2June 3, 2023 1:09 AM

His taste is in his mouth. Vogue is a for blacks mag for a while now.

by Anonymousreply 3June 3, 2023 3:41 AM

He is awful.

by Anonymousreply 4June 3, 2023 3:44 AM

R3 = Lucy Ricardo

by Anonymousreply 5June 3, 2023 5:36 AM

Another thing the Kardashians ruined

by Anonymousreply 6June 3, 2023 5:44 AM

PR speak aside, he basically got fired, right? They all but admitted he wasn't a good fit for British Vogue. Dumping someone into a newly-created position is rarely a good sign, they were likely just terrified of getting cancelled.

[quote]cultural advisor

So a glorified diversity czar.

by Anonymousreply 7June 3, 2023 1:03 PM

Anna, you in danger, girl.

by Anonymousreply 8June 3, 2023 1:08 PM

Anna fired him, according to Lady C. I won't name the reason Lady C gave here, to protect the woke minds at DL, but this is a good clue.

by Anonymousreply 9June 14, 2023 7:11 PM

Nuclear Wintour has always had a problem with black men...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 14, 2023 7:21 PM

A power struggle with Wintour? Oh, gurl. We could have told you that would end in tears.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2023 12:40 PM

Fancy being cocky enough to attempt to take on Anna Wintour! She spits out wannabes before she's even digested her breakfast muffin.

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2023 12:44 PM

I know nothing about fashion. He always irritates me because he looks so fed up and disinterested in everything. Somehow I expect a curious, lively person in such a position.

by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2023 12:51 PM

[quote]She spits out wannabes before she's even digested her breakfast muffin.

A muffin! Anna hasn't had a carb since the Reagan Administration.

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2023 12:53 PM

Here we go with the "woke" dog whistle for racists.

by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2023 12:55 PM

Hannibal Burress runs Vogue?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2023 12:56 PM

Au contraire, mon ami, R14.

[quote]Nowadays, she starts her day with a “whole milk latte grande extra hot, and a blueberry muffin.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2023 12:57 PM

Good

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2023 12:59 PM

^And I am Marie of Romania!

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2023 12:59 PM

In that photo at R10, Anna looks like a scary aging succubus and her eyes follow the viewer, just like an evil Mona Lisa.

by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2023 1:01 PM

His new job's office is in outer siberia.

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2023 1:01 PM

I stopped reading W because of him. His editorials skewed disgusting and had odd violent themes. I got the impression that he hates women.

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2023 1:07 PM

There's coded language everywhere, R15. For example, a source in the Post article says that EE is suited for the top job because

[quote] He felt he had all the right qualities to be a modern, inclusive editor who could present a fresh face for Vogue and global fashion

which just boils down to, "He's black and she's white".

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2023 1:09 PM

Thanks to him celebs like Rihanna and the Kardashians got undeserving coverage/attention in the fashion world, right?

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2023 1:12 PM

Maybe he had difficulties cooperating with a female boss.

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2023 1:12 PM

Maybe he just had horrific taste in fashion.

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2023 1:26 PM

ALT had ugly teeth. Did he have gum disease or something?

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2023 1:46 PM

Is it succubus or succubi?

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2023 1:53 PM

Trendy name + sexuality, but did he try to connect to the existing readership? Bill Nighy should've given him pointers.

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2023 3:24 PM

I assume his replacement will look more the part: thin, stylish, and sleek.

by Anonymousreply 30June 23, 2023 3:53 PM

A glossy women's fashion magazine seems a poor fit for gender neutrality.

by Anonymousreply 31June 23, 2023 4:20 PM

R28 If it uses "them" pronouns, it's "succubi".

by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2023 4:54 PM

[quote]Fancy being cocky enough to attempt to take on Anna Wintour! She spits out wannabes before she's even digested her breakfast muffin.

Is she really still that powerful?

When she controlled American Vogue, of course, she was at the top of the fashion totem pole. But, how is she so untouchable still. Is the source of her power her Conde Nast position or does it come from personal power derived from everyone owing her something because, frankly, she sounds like a bitch that everyone would cheer if she were toppled.

by Anonymousreply 33June 23, 2023 5:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!