Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Megyn Kelly Explains Why She Will No Longer Use "Preferred Pronouns" as Trans Ideology Grows

She brings up some valid points, and I tend to agree with her in certain cases. This is a very complicated issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 5, 2023 1:49 PM

No, it’s not complicated.

It’s good manners to refer to folks as they prefer.

by Anonymousreply 1June 2, 2023 10:48 PM

Will she do this to people IRL if she happens to come across them. It would be delicious if Caitlin started a feud with her.

by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2023 10:53 PM

Please 'splain, Lucy. When would you have to use a pronoun? Call people by their name.

by Anonymousreply 3June 2, 2023 10:54 PM

Well I will refer to her exclusively by the standard spelling of her name.

Fuck that super-precious "Megyn" horseshit. She should go by "Meghan" like all good white Christian girls.

And you're a horse's ass, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4June 2, 2023 10:57 PM

Cunt says what?

by Anonymousreply 5June 2, 2023 10:58 PM

^^ If you listen to Megyn Kelly's reasoning she brings up some valid points that go beyond pronouns. It's just a very small minority of transgendered women who compete in sports, so I am not going to reduce the discussion to only that issue. However, Lea Thompson, a transgendered woman who just a couple of years ago was a swimming competitor as a man ranking 462nd. Now she's blowing away the competition and beating every other fellow female swimmer--because Lea has a man's body that is overpowering the women who were born female.

by Anonymousreply 6June 2, 2023 10:59 PM

R2. Megyn Kelly said she avoid pronouns altogether when in the presence of trans people out of respect and not wanting to offend.

by Anonymousreply 7June 2, 2023 11:00 PM

R6 She's trans? But she passes so well!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 2, 2023 11:14 PM

My pronouns for "Megyn" are has-been and loser.

by Anonymousreply 9June 2, 2023 11:18 PM

So brave of her to announce this on her right-wing, culture war obsessed podcast.

by Anonymousreply 10June 2, 2023 11:19 PM

Who cares what this pig-faced idiot thinks?

by Anonymousreply 11June 2, 2023 11:22 PM

But will she wear a red AIDS ribbon?

by Anonymousreply 12June 2, 2023 11:24 PM

OP is obsessed with the T.

by Anonymousreply 13June 2, 2023 11:26 PM

[quote] It’s good manners to refer to folks as they prefer.

Bitch, I’m not referring to anyone as a xir. Get real.

by Anonymousreply 14June 2, 2023 11:34 PM

R1 And if someone demands on being addressed as "Royal Highness"? Forms of address mirror social reality. It goes both ways. You cannot just demand shit.

by Anonymousreply 15June 2, 2023 11:43 PM

She's a racist and a bigot

And OP is one of the anti-trans loons

by Anonymousreply 16June 2, 2023 11:45 PM

She’s such an insufferable cunt. Why make an announcement video as though we’re all desperate to know what she’s just decided.

No one gives a fuck, hun. You can’t even hold down a job.

by Anonymousreply 17June 2, 2023 11:51 PM

I won't refer to one singular person as "they."

"They" is plural.

by Anonymousreply 18June 3, 2023 2:01 AM

Same here, R18. It's beyond retarded to use they/them for one person, unless they have multiple personalities.

by Anonymousreply 19June 3, 2023 2:09 AM

Sorry, but agree wth her.

by Anonymousreply 20June 3, 2023 2:10 AM

Her preferred pronouns are evil/hag.

by Anonymousreply 21June 3, 2023 2:12 AM

Since you’re obsessed with them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 3, 2023 2:16 AM

Actually, it says she's done with "PERFERRED pronouns," which I keep reading in the voice of Edith Massey.

by Anonymousreply 23June 3, 2023 2:43 AM

[quote]Fuck that super-precious "Megyn" horseshit. She should go by "Meghan" like all good white Christian girls.

No. Then I couldn't call her Megwhine.

More to the point, she sounded supremely uncomfortable speaking in this video. Not like someone who uses her voice for a living. Stilted, as if reading something with which she was not familiar.

by Anonymousreply 24June 3, 2023 2:55 AM

It's simple. If you have a penis "He". Vagina "She" All the rest are bullshit, got it? And for you don't get it, we all feel pity for your ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 25June 3, 2023 3:15 PM

I don't disagree with what she said, but couldn't she have said it in a less robotic, reading from a teleprompter way? And the voice crack, c'mon girl.

by Anonymousreply 26June 3, 2023 3:47 PM

R18 "... and so if a doctor comes in and asks you to give them your personal address, will you do that?"

Say this sentence. You've said something like this many times. The "neutral Them" has been used like this for many, many decades without notice. Your anger and resistance is someone actually asks you to use a construction that you do use already. So your anger is personal, political and part of a cultural war.

Choose sides, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 27June 3, 2023 3:54 PM

Can someone inform us on what date the Pronoun Rules began?

by Anonymousreply 28June 3, 2023 4:39 PM

She never used Preferred Pronouns. She hates trans, blacks and liberals. As does OP.

by Anonymousreply 29June 3, 2023 4:45 PM

Conservatives are trolling the fuck out of DL lately. Fuckheads, we will NEVER listen to Megyn Kelly or any other Faux news bobble head past or present! Please MAKE A FUCKING NOTE OF IT!

by Anonymousreply 30June 3, 2023 4:48 PM

F&f OP

by Anonymousreply 31June 3, 2023 4:53 PM

Two me-- I'm sorry, people. Two people in my state were just put to death for not asking for someone's pronouns. My husband lost his job for misgendering a cat. It's really gotten out of hand. I'm glad Megyn Kelly is finally taking a stand. I really trust her opinions.

by Anonymousreply 32June 3, 2023 4:56 PM

I also have no intelligence and lack relevant information that is easily accessible! I enjoy rubber stamping other people's opinions! Mimicry brings me JOY!!!

by Anonymousreply 33June 3, 2023 4:58 PM

I always forget Megyn Kelly exists until I come to datalounge and people who apparently still listen to her podcast or whatever remind me. (Sadly)

by Anonymousreply 34June 3, 2023 5:35 PM

My last employer was big on preferred pronouns so I used them. My trans clients were teens who had been through so much that the last thing I would have wanted to do is hurt them. Most had been thrown out or mistreated by their parents.

by Anonymousreply 35June 3, 2023 7:04 PM

R27. The use of "they/them" in the context that you're saying is casual, colloquial and bad grammar. Also, it's not mandatory as is becoming the case. And not everyone uses bad grammar. Some people speak correctly.

The use of "they/them" for one person is dumber than shit.

by Anonymousreply 36June 3, 2023 7:35 PM

R36 = tightening the sphincter and trying too hard.

R36 = also says "there's four boxes on the table..." as a matter of course and never thinks of it as "bad grammar..."

Shakespeare's English and our English: English is a mutable, responsive language - grammatically, phonetically, connotatively... neologisms springing up like flowers in spring. That's why it's the language of science, business, and diplomacy. More humans speak English as a second language than speak it as a first language - English changes them and they change English. That's how it works.

by Anonymousreply 37June 3, 2023 8:20 PM

Could somebody remind me why I should give a shit about what Megyn Kelly (of all people) says? Remind me, OP.

by Anonymousreply 38June 3, 2023 8:22 PM

I did not read her reasons.

I do think that it can be oppressive to go around the room and ask each person to give their name and pronouns. Easy for me, I've always been he/him.

But if you are a person in transition or keeping your options open about how you feel that day, or just private, you may not want to be compelled to share this information. Or someone who has transitioned and just wants to use their gender without explanation, it seems intrusive to me. If you want to post it on your Zoom chiclet, I don't care, but asking people to do it seems like it might make many uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 39June 3, 2023 8:25 PM

Fuck that rancid twat.

by Anonymousreply 40June 3, 2023 8:29 PM

She's right.

by Anonymousreply 41June 3, 2023 8:31 PM

[quote]No, it’s not complicated. It’s good manners to refer to folks as they prefer.

R1, I appreciate the kindness of your response. I actually didn’t know this until last year, but “preferred pronouns” can actually be insulting to someone. I’ve used that expression, and I see it all the time still in reports that are supportive of trans people. But, it’s better to just say “pronouns”. Saying preferred pronouns implies that somebody may use he/him pronouns, but it’s OK if you use she/her. But it isn’t OK. Once somebody decides what their pronouns are, they are not preferred. They are their pronouns. They are the only pronouns that they want people to use.

Just a friendly piece of information to pass along.

The people who will intentionally misgender someone and use the wrong pronouns aren’t gonna care, but those of us that do should just say “pronouns”.

by Anonymousreply 42June 3, 2023 8:42 PM

[quote]I won't refer to one singular person as "they." "They" is plural.

It’s also neutral. If you didn’t know if someone was a man or a woman, and you had to ask a question about them, what pronoun would you use?

Would you say “what time is he or she getting here“ or would you say “what time are they getting here“?

I mean, obviously, you could ask if they were a man or woman first, but if you didn’t, what would you say?

by Anonymousreply 43June 3, 2023 8:48 PM

Why is she even bother bringing it up and making a statement? Did she start getting hate mail about the topic and started losing viewers/listeners? I'm not familiar with the financials of podcasts going, but I recall reading that compensation is based on per view/listen basis.

by Anonymousreply 44June 3, 2023 8:58 PM

Megan Kelly? What kind of self-respecting gay man gives a flying fuck what that loser Nazi bitch says about anything ever?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 3, 2023 9:00 PM

[quote]It's beyond retarded to use they/them for one person, unless they have multiple personalities.

It's okay in the case of Sam Smith, because they is the size of two people.

by Anonymousreply 46June 3, 2023 9:13 PM

I hope people start referring to Megyn as he/ him. I think Megyn Kelly is VERY MASCULINE so that is how I view him, and those are the pronouns I will use for him.

by Anonymousreply 47June 3, 2023 9:25 PM

Megyn has a point so my preferred pronoun for her is “cunt”

by Anonymousreply 48June 3, 2023 9:30 PM

R43. He or she. I don't call someone 'they.' And 'they' is not neutral. It's plural.

by Anonymousreply 49June 3, 2023 9:30 PM

The pronoun nonsense also hurts gay people! Gay males and females are being sacrificed for this TQNB etc crap

by Anonymousreply 50June 3, 2023 9:36 PM

[quote]Gay males and females are being sacrificed

How, specifically, r50? I really, really need to know how I'm being sacrificed.

by Anonymousreply 51June 3, 2023 9:44 PM

R35 why does a Trans need a special pronoun? When he becomes a woman, he's a "She" and when she becomes a man, she's a "He."

by Anonymousreply 52June 3, 2023 11:22 PM

Exactly, R52. The ‘preferred pronouns’ gambit is one conceived by and enforced for the benefit of narcissistic or unwell or juvenile (or some combination of the above) people who concoct neo-pronouns or want people to use both ‘he’ and ‘they’ or ‘she’ and ‘they’ or ‘he/she/they’.

A man who ‘transitions’ to woman will obviously want people to use female pronouns for him.

No, the ‘What are your pronouns?’ question is to placate narcissistic nutball nonbinaries. Who are the least deserving of respect of all the iterations of trans.

If any of you think ‘non-binary’ is a legitimate, coherent identity, I DARE YOU to explain it and define it in a way so that it excludes people who are merely gender nonconforming or androgynous. You can’t.

by Anonymousreply 53June 3, 2023 11:29 PM

Does Jazz Jennings use pronouns? Probably not, she is struggling with depression the result of her mother convincing Jared to change his sex. Jeanette Blochinsky should've be arrested for child abuse.

by Anonymousreply 54June 3, 2023 11:31 PM

This anti-Trans troll babbling is so weird: where did you people come from? Are you really just Right Wing AI-generated bots? I fear so. In short, you are completely incoherent and can't be talked to in any serious way. Just like Christian nativists or MAGA hoodlums.

by Anonymousreply 55June 4, 2023 3:29 PM

[quote][R43]. He or she. I don't call someone 'they.' And 'they' is not neutral. It's plural.

Oh lord. 🙄 You are very, very wrong.

“The Oxford English Dictionary traces singular they back to 1375, where it appears in the medieval romance William and the Werewolf”

Here’s an entire history of the use of they as a singular pronoun. Enjoy.

Did you know that “you” also comes in both singular and plural flavors?

Or do you reject that and think that “you” is only singular and if you are talking to more than one person say things like “Yous are wrong! They is a plural pronoun only!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 4, 2023 5:15 PM

[bold]Whenever I hear a person say “They” to refer to one person, I know they’re an idiot![/bold]

^I’ve actually seen people post sentences like this HERE, insisting that “they” can’t be a singular pronoun. It’s really funny when they do it. When they use it as a singular pronoun in a sentence denying that it can be used that way.

Sadly, no matter how many times you try to point out to them that they just did it, they never seem to understand.

by Anonymousreply 57June 4, 2023 5:26 PM

"Thou" used to be familiar second person singular - thou art - like the Spanish "tu".... and "you" was formal second person singular - like the Spanish Ud.

"Thou art" is now only "you are".... which, pay attention now, exactly the same as the PLURAL you are. No distinguishing of singular and plural - just context.

Language changes. Everything changes. It's out of your hands nor is in any way affected by your ideologies.

by Anonymousreply 58June 4, 2023 5:31 PM

No ONE is a 'they.'

by Anonymousreply 59June 4, 2023 8:59 PM

I have heard that the "they" brigade justifies "they" because Shakespeare once used "they." See!! it's been going on for centuries!

by Anonymousreply 60June 4, 2023 9:02 PM

Even Demi Lovato gave up "they."

by Anonymousreply 61June 4, 2023 9:03 PM

The continued idiocy from our weekend trolls/sock puppet's continues to amaze. Stay pressed, cunts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 4, 2023 9:06 PM

^^ In terms of gender identification, "they" is still plural. Justify it any way you want

by Anonymousreply 63June 4, 2023 9:29 PM

"you are"

Is that singular or plural?

by Anonymousreply 64June 4, 2023 11:59 PM

[quote]No ONE is a 'they.'

R59, What are they then?

by Anonymousreply 65June 5, 2023 4:09 AM

[quote]"you are"

[quote]Is that singular or plural?

It can be both. You is a word that was originally only plural, but the singular version was dropped from the language and now we use you as both a plural and a singular pronoun. (I don’t think anyone here can argue that they don’t.) But if you use it in the singular or plural form, you would use “are”.

You is also an interesting word, because it does not have a gender. It is neutral. So we have neutral pronouns. And if anyone doesn’t’ believe me, try to find a variation for you that is different for men and women.

So, there goes the argument that we do not have neutral pronouns in English. And denying that the singular “they” can be neutral is incorrect.

by Anonymousreply 66June 5, 2023 4:20 AM

[quote] No ONE is a 'they.' What are they then?

R65. "They" are "he or she."

by Anonymousreply 67June 5, 2023 5:15 AM

R67, you just used “they” as a singular pronoun to refer to “he or she”. Explain how are you didn’t please.

by Anonymousreply 68June 5, 2023 1:15 PM

Learn what “scare quotes” are and how they’re used, R68.

by Anonymousreply 69June 5, 2023 1:47 PM

R56 Thank you! I don't really understand the whole they/them pronoun thing, but it always annoys me when people confidently state that the word "they" can never be singular. Even though they must have used it in that way many times (assuming they're a native English speaker).

It sounds so clumsy to say "he or she" or "his or hers" when you're talking about someone of undetermined gender - for example, most people wouldn't say "Each person must wash his or her hands", they'd naturally say "Each person must wash their hands".

by Anonymousreply 70June 5, 2023 1:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!