Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lady Bunny’s latest take on the trans movement

How did 8 years of a gender awakening in Hollywood & the media end up backfiring on trans people like it is now? I wish people knew the trans people I know. They aren't irate over pronouns or cancelling people. Many just want to ease what can be a tough life. @LADYBUNNY77

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 15, 2023 10:21 PM

I’m the past people only became transgender because they had gender dysphoria. Now they cut off their tits off if a man looks at them too long on the subway.

by Anonymousreply 1June 2, 2023 8:19 PM

She speaks truth

by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2023 8:19 PM

The comments under her tweet are interesting

by Anonymousreply 3June 2, 2023 8:20 PM

Why don’t the 99% of us who aren’t offended by everything, quit catering to the 1% who are?

by Anonymousreply 4June 2, 2023 8:24 PM

R1, drink the flaming grease as you sit in the fire, you fat-ass hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 5June 2, 2023 8:27 PM

R4, sure, we all can infer how much "catering" you do to people.

by Anonymousreply 6June 2, 2023 8:28 PM

Nothing was ever good enough for them and they started cancelling their allies, that's how. Personally, I peaked when they protested Pete's visit of the AIDS memorial during the primary and when MJ Rodriguez tweeted out that his presidency would actively harm trans people. In that moment I realised that their whole movement was being led by the most mentally ill among them. They're now reaping the karma of all that insanity over the past five years or so.

And before you say anything, I didn't think much of David Wojnarowicz's antics either. That sort of hysterical approach just doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 7June 2, 2023 9:51 PM

Their movement is led by republicans.

by Anonymousreply 8June 2, 2023 9:53 PM

Some of them are completely batshit.

by Anonymousreply 9June 2, 2023 10:03 PM

I'm going to be amused if Republicans sweep the next elections because trans/drag/grooming in the news energized red voters out of complacency to "take America back" from the evil libs.

by Anonymousreply 10June 2, 2023 10:27 PM

It would not be amusing.

by Anonymousreply 11June 2, 2023 10:48 PM

And this reply to one of her followers:

[quote]Yes, many don't care to be recognized at all. And in my experience, I would never meet a trans person and ask their pronouns. I think many would feel insulted if I did.

That describes the majority of trans people I know in real-life. It's only one part of who they are and they don't want to be publicly represented by attention-seeking idiots any more than gay men and lesbians want to be represented by green-haired straight women who think it's subversive to call themselves queer.

by Anonymousreply 12June 2, 2023 10:49 PM

Lady Bunny is a national treasure.

Poor R10. No beet for you.

by Anonymousreply 13June 3, 2023 12:13 AM

How exactly did she “take on” the trans movement, OP? All she’s doing is promoting the “true trans” BS.

by Anonymousreply 14June 15, 2023 6:46 PM

R12, But your trans friends are still pretending to be something they are not and expect accommodation for it. How is that not also attention seeking idiocy? They have more in common with the green-haired “queer” straight women, except they just don’t want to be called out on it.

by Anonymousreply 15June 15, 2023 6:47 PM

It's all political. After the elections the politicians will dump the Haters like they always do. And the LGBTQ community will only be stronger because of the visibility.

by Anonymousreply 16June 15, 2023 6:49 PM

Which ones, R8.

List their names. Which Republicans are leaders in the trans movement?

Names.

We'll wait.

by Anonymousreply 17June 15, 2023 6:53 PM

Her tweet is pro-trans.

by Anonymousreply 18June 15, 2023 6:54 PM

[quote] [R12], But your trans friends are still pretending to be something they are not and expect accommodation for it.

That is such conservative bullshit. Freedom of expression goes both ways. Us Gays fought long and hard starting with "we are here, we are queer, get use to it!" chants to slowly crawl ourselves to mainstream acceptance. And now the Conservatives stage all these culture wars and us Gays are supposed to do what, drop the T because Republicans have been our allies all along? Fuck you and fuck this nonsense.

Changing my gender is not my journey, but as an actual liberal-minded human being, I am not wasting my life to stand in the way of someone who wants to make that experience and still support that same individual when they want to transition back because it wasn't for them after all.

I treat others the way I want to be treated: With respect. And that goes against any conservative value that is being pushed in these bogus culture wars.

by Anonymousreply 19June 15, 2023 7:09 PM

Sorry, "we are here, we are queer, get used to it!"

by Anonymousreply 20June 15, 2023 7:10 PM

R14 oh girl. Read it again more slowly.

by Anonymousreply 21June 15, 2023 7:21 PM

It's pretty childish to duck out of doing any critical thinking about a political issue because you just LOVE your lovely friends so much, you could never think a bad thought about them! 😘

There's a difference between understanding that trans people are people and supporting every insane and destructive political goal they espouse.

You don't want to draw a line with them? You're going to end up on the wrong side of the line eventually and embarrass yourself 🤷‍♂️

^Emojis for emphasis 😡

by Anonymousreply 22June 15, 2023 7:35 PM

R19, Oh please. Nobody said Republicans are our allies but pretending trans are our allies and we somehow owe our rights to them is ludicrous as well.

Long before the trans community hitched their waggon to us, gay people had fought for our rights and freedoms, and we will continue to do so long after they are gone.

by Anonymousreply 23June 15, 2023 7:40 PM

[quote] There's a difference between understanding that trans people are people and supporting every insane and destructive political goal they espouse.

Trans and civil rights are not the enemy. Conservatives with their bogus culture wars are. The same Conservatives who ignore the child abuse their own commit while screaming about Drag Queens reading to children or Gays and Trans grooming children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 15, 2023 7:44 PM

[quote] Oh please. Nobody said Republicans are our allies but pretending trans are our allies and we somehow owe our rights to them is ludicrous as well.

What conservative bullshit. Trans are more our allies than Conservatives pushing for Don't Say Gay bills and other anti-gay legislation.

Gay rights are civil rights, as are Trans rights.

Every single anti-trans argument is based on right wing conservative rhetoric and bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 25June 15, 2023 7:48 PM

^lol

by Anonymousreply 26June 15, 2023 7:51 PM

[quote]Trans are more our allies

Except for when they are trying to redefine lesbian and gay to include heterosexuality, encouraging young gays to transition, and demanded that we sleep with them or else we’re transphobic bigots.

by Anonymousreply 27June 15, 2023 8:02 PM

R24 That right there is the issue. I couldn't give less of a fuck if drag queens have access to children. I think it's a weird social practice. By all means, let Republicans win that one.

by Anonymousreply 28June 15, 2023 8:06 PM

Maybe because gender issues have very little to do with sexuality yet they've hitched their wagon to the Gay community in the process alienating everyone.

And if you're non binary you may as well just put a sticker on your head that reads: Forgive me but I'm actually insane.

by Anonymousreply 29June 15, 2023 8:29 PM

In all fairness, teens and young adults have this shit shoved down their throats by authority figures. It's hard not to give in.

by Anonymousreply 30June 15, 2023 8:32 PM

Gays and lesbians know which gender they are -they may be butch or femme but still know. It seems transsexualism and tbh most of it is really transvestism at this point is really a heterosexual thing. Perhaps it's breeders who need embrace greater inclusiveness.

by Anonymousreply 31June 15, 2023 8:37 PM

Trans people aren’t a monolithic group who all espouse the same things or want the same things.

by Anonymousreply 32June 15, 2023 9:19 PM

“Trans people” aren’t anything, ElderLez.

It’s impossible to change sex.

by Anonymousreply 33June 15, 2023 9:32 PM

R14 They clearly meant “take,” like opinion!

by Anonymousreply 34June 15, 2023 9:36 PM

So many blocks

by Anonymousreply 35June 15, 2023 9:36 PM

R33 whatever wording you want to use, they’ll still exist.

by Anonymousreply 36June 15, 2023 9:45 PM

True, people with mental illnesses do exist. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 37June 15, 2023 9:55 PM

Asked a black trans one knew from college what she thought about all this noise and she just rolled her eyes.

Some of it is welcome; things like being able to obtain ID in whatever gender suits, banning discrimination in employment, housing, etc.. All things that in her day unless one was unspookable made life a hot mess for trans.

Rest of it in her opinion is just stupid, and she predicted a year or so ago it would all end up backfiring and in tears.

People just don't like trans by and large. More these activists keep pushing things down people's throats just adds to that resentment.

by Anonymousreply 38June 15, 2023 10:18 PM

The only republicans pushing the trans movement are people like Jenifer Pritzker and a few other billionaires in the medical/pharm business. and Bruce Jenner

by Anonymousreply 39June 15, 2023 10:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!