Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Please don't tell me 2012's "The Guilt Trip" is Streisand's bookend to her movie career !

Streisand, 81, hasn't made a movie in 11 years. She hasn't directed a movie (and she says her passion is directing) since 1996.

Her movie career started off with her (tied) Oscar winning performance at age 26 with the movie musical 'Funny Girl' in 1968, and she never looked back. She was a box office sensation from 1968 -1983. With 'Yentl' she turned her attention to directing. She returned four years later to star in 'Nuts' and then four years later to star and direct 'The Prince of Tides'. Five years later, she starred and directed 'The Mirror Has Two Faces'. and then an eight year hiatus brought her back to the screen in 'Meet the Fockers'. Alas, another eight year hiatus and we get 'The Guilt Trip'.

I've always believed if she got better recognition from the Academy of Motion Pictures for Oscars with 'Yentl', 'Nuts', 'The Prince of Tides', and 'Mirror...' , she would have done many more movies in the past 40 years. She would have felt loved and belonged (important to her in her life, as she has said more than once). and would have returned to the screen time and time again.

Her fanboys say once she remarried in 1998, she 'got lazy' and didn't want to make movies any more (I say Bullshit).

I know she wasted time with GYPSY which could've been her proper bookend, but it wasn't realistic. So has she given up for good ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2023 7:02 PM

I kind of liked that movie. It was mediocre at past but I she had some fun moments. Agree that it should be her last film. She should do one last comedy but not crap like the other old broads are doing—Book Club, etc.

by Anonymousreply 1June 2, 2023 5:41 PM

Streisand is lazy, OP, all through her 1970s-on career. It has nothing to do with her marriage or anything else specifically. She got obsessed for A Star is Born and Yentl, but that's about it.

Now it's all over -singing, acting and directing - and I don't thing she gives a shit.

by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2023 7:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!