Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is the back story re: Scott Nugent? Anyone know?

Transitioning at 42 after having given birth several times and living as a lesbian seems unusual. Anyone know more?

by Anonymousreply 13June 2, 2023 6:34 PM

This article is interesting. It says that she transitioned because her (Catholic) gf consoled herself by believing that "Scott" wasn't really a female, but was a man trapped in a woman's body, thereby absolving the gf from guilt over sleeping with a woman (sigh). That was enough to persuade "Scott" to go FTM.

I swear, sometimes I think religion is the root of all evil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 2, 2023 4:26 PM

Thanks.

The repeated infections and cross sex hormones are life shortening, not so great from the perspective of the kids.

Are they still together? Seems like all that unresolved stuff is not the greatest basis for a relationship never mind a family.

by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2023 4:39 PM

The Newsweek article suggests the marriage ended. What a price to pay re: health, less time with children, etc. Sounds like own homophobia played a role but certainly that of the partner and her family.

What a mess. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 3June 2, 2023 4:41 PM

Oops, misspelled name in thread title, apologies.

by Anonymousreply 4June 2, 2023 4:50 PM

I don't really understand the last paragraph?

[quote] Through all of this struggle, he says he would transition again, but differently, with the knowledge he has acquired. The reason he would transition again has nothing to do with why he started the process in the first place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 2, 2023 4:54 PM

The dyke drama is off the charts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 2, 2023 4:59 PM

[quote]"...to hold close inside the confounds of our minds"

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 7June 2, 2023 5:02 PM

Scott talks about having been pregnant, where did that fit in with the crazy described above? There is mention of the homophobic wife's kids, what is the deal with Kellie/Scott's kids? It's all so confusion, it's crazy drama then parroting facts re: trans kids. And saying that he would still transition even though it has ruined health and shortened life?

by Anonymousreply 8June 2, 2023 5:02 PM

Thread deletion in 3...2...1...

by Anonymousreply 9June 2, 2023 5:06 PM

So if Scott is in 40s and says gave birth and has teen kids, did that precede the crazy married Catholic gfriend? Was Scott married to a man at some point? Just trying to get a sense of a timeline. Anyone know any of these people IRL?

The arm scars and health issues are quite sad but in addition seems pretty nutty even prior to T, etc.

by Anonymousreply 10June 2, 2023 5:22 PM

R6 my auto “oh dear” kicked in during first sentence and I ceased reading:

“Before I begin, I would like to prefix this post is raw, real, and comes from a place of total honesty.“

by Anonymousreply 11June 2, 2023 5:33 PM

I auto skipped that part, R11, lol. If transitioning made having a job so difficult, (Scott is not in IT), that should be factored in, no? Or maybe it was the health issues that caused the career issues? But wouldn't you need to keep the job to keep the insurance? It's all quite confusing.

by Anonymousreply 12June 2, 2023 6:32 PM

who

by Anonymousreply 13June 2, 2023 6:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!