Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mexico police find 45 bags containing body parts ‘matching characteristics’ of missing call center staff.

(CNN) Forty-five bags containing human remains with characteristics matching seven missing call center staff has been discovered in a ravine in a suburb of Guadalajara, according to the state prosecutor’s office in Jalisco.

The Jalisco State Prosecutor’s Office investigating the deaths said it has preliminary information that the body parts “match the physical characteristics of some of the young people missing employees of the call center.”

Seven call center employees were reported missing between May 20 and 22 in the metropolitan area of ​​Guadalajara, in western Mexico.

Luis Joaquín Méndez Ruíz, a Jalisco prosecutor, said they found the human remains inside bags thrown on a lot with a very steep slope.

Forensic experts have yet to determine the number of victims and their identities.

The Jalisco Institute of Forensic Sciences is working with the families of those missing to determine the identification of the human remains.

The country has been troubled by an epidemic of disappearances with more than 100,000 Mexicans and migrants still missing.

In March, after four Americans were kidnapped in Mexico, resulting in the deaths of two of them, Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador argued that Mexico is a safer country than the United States.

Kidnapping and human trafficking are also not unusual in parts of Mexico, particularly in border areas and Mexico’s overall homicide rate is among the highest in the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 7, 2023 6:29 AM

Come on, call center people are annoying, but that's just too much!

by Anonymousreply 1June 2, 2023 1:28 PM

Dibs!

by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2023 3:40 PM

I didn't know that drug cartels had their own call centers!

by Anonymousreply 3June 2, 2023 4:10 PM

Para heroína, marque el dos.

by Anonymousreply 4June 2, 2023 4:14 PM

No wonder I'm still on hold!

by Anonymousreply 5June 2, 2023 4:16 PM

This is the ultimate "Do Not Call" list

But seriously, I wonder why these particular people were targeted & the crappy CNN article doesn't say

by Anonymousreply 6June 2, 2023 4:53 PM

Mexico never disappoints!

by Anonymousreply 7June 2, 2023 4:57 PM

I hate when that happens.

by Anonymousreply 8June 2, 2023 4:59 PM

Horrible isn't it, r8? I mean, 1 or 2 people, OK, but the whole staff!

by Anonymousreply 9June 2, 2023 5:01 PM

They did not hit their AHT goals?

by Anonymousreply 10June 2, 2023 5:02 PM

I thought this was in reference to the group of students abducted and killed from political protests several years ago. I can’t believe they still haven’t found them, particularly because it’s been a huge, continuing story I. Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 11June 2, 2023 5:02 PM

Perhaps this explains why I can’t get through to billing at my doctors’ office.

by Anonymousreply 12June 2, 2023 5:03 PM

Compost?

by Anonymousreply 13June 2, 2023 5:03 PM

That explains a lot! I called 2 weeks ago to complain about my broken dildo, guess what... Still on hold! Unacceptable!

by Anonymousreply 14June 2, 2023 5:20 PM

They should not have agreed to put their manager on the phone and then just hung up!

by Anonymousreply 15June 2, 2023 5:37 PM

Yes, let these people into the country!

by Anonymousreply 16June 2, 2023 5:56 PM

I warned you about outsourcing….

by Anonymousreply 17June 2, 2023 6:16 PM

Not James Taylor’s Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 18June 2, 2023 6:19 PM

To lose one call center employee, Mr. Sanchez, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose the entire staff looks like carelessness.

by Anonymousreply 19June 2, 2023 6:49 PM

I am not a religious person but when I hear about things like this, I start to hope that there really is a heaven and a hell.

by Anonymousreply 20June 2, 2023 7:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 2, 2023 7:37 PM

What a weird story. Call center employees?

by Anonymousreply 22June 2, 2023 7:38 PM

Disciplinary actions off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 23June 2, 2023 7:46 PM

R5 🤣

by Anonymousreply 24June 2, 2023 7:52 PM

One must always make sure they meet their targets

by Anonymousreply 25June 2, 2023 7:56 PM

And yet this place remains a popular Tourist destination????

by Anonymousreply 26June 2, 2023 7:57 PM

Ashlee Simpson has volunteered to lip sync "Pieces of Me" at the memorial service.

by Anonymousreply 27June 2, 2023 8:01 PM

Can they put the person back together ? All they need is Gorilla Glue.

by Anonymousreply 28June 2, 2023 8:07 PM

[quote] I wonder why these particular people were targeted

The call center was probably owned by a member of one cartel and this was a message to him from a rival cartel.

Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 29June 2, 2023 9:03 PM

A friend of mine is from Guadalajara! (Checking on him as I type ...)

by Anonymousreply 30June 2, 2023 9:18 PM

Oh no, NOW who's going to alert me to that IRS audit??

by Anonymousreply 31June 2, 2023 9:28 PM

I believe you r29. Mexico with multi-generational poverty has become such a fantastically cruel place. The worst story I ever heard was of an on camera execution of a woman. I can't remember what the poor soul did, if anything. She was beheaded with a knife. It took 40 something seconds to complete. Nobody stepped forward to identify her. Her family, friends and acquaintances must have been terrified.

by Anonymousreply 32June 2, 2023 10:11 PM

Vacation destination!

by Anonymousreply 33June 2, 2023 11:21 PM

R10 probably due to excessive ACW.

by Anonymousreply 34June 2, 2023 11:29 PM

R32 there is a whole genre of news publication in Mexico that publishes nothing but they gory results of cartel executions, car crashes, and naked women. It was quite eye opening, and I considered getting one as a souvenir, but then wondered what customs might ask if they searched me upon re-entry.

by Anonymousreply 35June 2, 2023 11:43 PM

They gory!

by Anonymousreply 36June 2, 2023 11:54 PM

[quote]The call center was probably owned by a member of one cartel and this was a message to him from a rival cartel.

Well, that's as logical explanation as any and it's certainly not to imply that these poor people brought this on themselves, but killing off an entire call center just seems pretty random. If you really want to target a bunch of people that really annoy everyone, target a Verizon call center. It's not as if they're helping anyone anyway.

by Anonymousreply 37June 3, 2023 12:09 AM

[quote] If you really want to target a bunch of people that really annoy everyone, target a Verizon call center.

Or the entirety of Bangalore for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 38June 3, 2023 12:14 AM

Did they hang up on customers?

by Anonymousreply 39June 3, 2023 3:32 AM

I hope this wasn't the call center where my daughter-in-law Louise Jefferson worked.

We'll have trouble mixing and matching her parts.

by Anonymousreply 40June 3, 2023 3:37 AM

Wow, r35. Not surprised, I guess. Of course, first thing I wonder is if it's cartel owned to serve warning to the government and interlopers. Damn, imagine a society so desensitized to violence. La Santa Muerte is just crazy.

by Anonymousreply 41June 3, 2023 4:07 AM

Just some bits and pieces! Not Reese’s pieces unfortunately.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 3, 2023 5:32 AM

[quote] Not Reese’s pieces unfortunately.

Depends on what they were eating.

by Anonymousreply 43June 3, 2023 5:35 AM

2019 Mexican Call Center attack. That time they lived.

Police in Mexico have arrested five people suspected of kidnapping 30 call-centre workers in an attack that is believed to have been triggered by a business feud.

Three of the abducted staff were released by their captors shortly after being abducted from their workplace, in Cancun, “but the remaining 27, including one of the [business] owners, were missing for hours”, The Washington Post reports.

The hostages were bundled into two vans and driven to a house in the Cancun suburbs, according to the authorities.

Following the raid, Prosecutor Oscar Montes de Oca said: “Our investigation has led us to the preliminary conclusion that this was a dispute between owners of the business, and in fact one of the owners was among the 27 captives.”

The kidnappings are believed to be an act of revenge over a withheld payment and employee mistreatment at the call centre.

“Montes de Oca also said he would investigate whether the suspects were drug cartel members,” adds Reuters.

They were finally freed after police raided the house where they were being held, on the outskirts of the city, in Quintana Roo state on the Yucatan Peninsula. What happened?

Witnesses say that about eight armed people stormed the call centre, which sells holiday packages, on Tuesday evening.

“Cancun had long been spared the drug violence that affected many other parts of Mexico, until a few years ago. Since then, the city’s murder rate has spiked, and the notorious 𝑱𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒄𝒐 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒍 was said to be moving into the resort,” reports The Washington Post.

by Anonymousreply 44June 3, 2023 9:25 AM

[quote]“Cancun had long been spared the drug violence that affected many other parts of Mexico, until a few years ago. Since then, the city’s murder rate has spiked, and the notorious 𝑱𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒄𝒐 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒍 was said to be moving into the resort,” reports The Washington Post.

Maybe they'll kill off the cast of Vanderpump Rules or RH of Orange County on one of the next boondoggles. It'll do wonders for their popularity!

by Anonymousreply 45June 3, 2023 11:15 AM

Are they hiring now?

by Anonymousreply 46June 3, 2023 12:48 PM

Call centers are always hiring.

by Anonymousreply 47June 3, 2023 12:54 PM

Maybe death was better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 3, 2023 1:00 PM

[quote] And yet this place remains a popular Tourist destination????

Hold my beer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 3, 2023 1:02 PM

[quote] Yes, let these people into the country!

[quote]—Progressives

I know right? They’re ALL criminals. I say round up the whole bunch and deport them. Some of them are definitely gangsters!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 3, 2023 1:13 PM

It’s been recently reported the call center was running some type of phone scam.

by Anonymousreply 51June 3, 2023 1:29 PM

I would be looking through a particular companies' office in Basking Ridge, as the people responsible are probably there, instead of some Mexican cartel.

by Anonymousreply 52June 3, 2023 2:21 PM

45 bags, 7 dead... can anyone do the math?

by Anonymousreply 53June 3, 2023 2:55 PM

7 heads, 7 torsos, 14 arms and 14 legs gets us to 42 bags - maybe two of the dead were great big fat persons.

by Anonymousreply 54June 3, 2023 6:53 PM

Thanks, r54!

by Anonymousreply 55June 3, 2023 6:56 PM

I just called, to say, I love you!

by Anonymousreply 56June 3, 2023 6:57 PM

Why did they chop up the bodies and put the parts in lots of bags…and then dump all the parts in the same place?

by Anonymousreply 57June 4, 2023 2:25 AM

To make it easier to get the bodies out of the murder site, R57, and transport then to a dumping ground? Just a guess, I'm no expert.

But I have handled a few corpses in my day (legally and respectfully), and a FYI an adult human corpse is a large, heavy, awkward, and highly noticeable object. A little time with a chainsaw would make them much easier to move from place to place.

by Anonymousreply 58June 4, 2023 5:08 AM

Maybe a disgruntled employee who couldn't face going in with a semi-automatic and then taking themselves out.

by Anonymousreply 59June 5, 2023 5:25 AM

Hello? Is it me you’re looking for?

by Anonymousreply 60June 5, 2023 12:00 PM

What type of personality does it take to get off on humor involving such depraved and cruel manners of death?

by Anonymousreply 61June 5, 2023 1:25 PM

[quote]What type of personality does it take to get off on humor involving such depraved and cruel manners of death?

Oh, how I wish you were here when we had the thread about the cheerleaders who died in a fiery crash!

by Anonymousreply 62June 5, 2023 1:42 PM

Unfortunately the thread is already gone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 5, 2023 1:45 PM

[quote]What type of personality does it take to get off on humor involving such depraved and cruel manners of death?

You must be new here, you wouldn't understand.

by Anonymousreply 64June 6, 2023 11:14 AM

Update: it was workers trying to quit. A cartel was running a scam call center targeting Americans and Canadians. They must be branching out from drugs, guns and human trafficking. These kids all decided to quit and the bosses didn't take kindly to it.

by Anonymousreply 65June 7, 2023 6:12 AM

[quote] These kids all decided to quit and the bosses didn't take kindly to it.

Writers' Guild and SAG take note

by Anonymousreply 66June 7, 2023 6:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!