Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kate Middleton at Royal Wedding

Kate looking for a friend to talk to

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 6, 2023 12:42 PM

It's interesting that Beatrice and Edoardo are right across from her, but she has absolutely nothing to say to them.

Nor do they have anything to say to her.

William and Kate seem to be despised by everyone except Charles, Edward, and Sophie.

by Anonymousreply 1June 2, 2023 10:42 AM

Beatrice turns her head away from Kate when she notices Kate looking for a friendly face in the crowd.

This video is so cringe. Kate seems to be forcing the shiek into conversation which he wants no part of..

Why is William's back turned away from Kate. And William is talking to noone.

by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2023 10:47 AM

Seriously?

lol.

If cherry-picking a moment like that is all 'ya got, that's a gigantic admission of game over.

Face it, one day, she's going to be Queen Kate.

On a different note, I'm surprised that image-recording devices weren't politely collected from everybody attending that event.

by Anonymousreply 3June 2, 2023 10:54 AM

Whose wedding is this?

Perhaps this is some kind of protocol stance. They are like that, individual, ready to speak to anyone who wants to approach royalty for an audience of sorts.

by Anonymousreply 4June 2, 2023 10:57 AM

Nobody is talking to her

by Anonymousreply 5June 2, 2023 10:57 AM

[quote] she's going to be Queen Kate.

And everyone in the British Royal Family already hate her.

Now I'm starting to believe the stories that she's a major cunt behind the scenes.

Same goes for William.

by Anonymousreply 6June 2, 2023 10:58 AM

Imagine how much woker the US is going to be forty years hence when Charles dies and William is crowned. I bet the then-American president issues a proclamation that the country will only recognise Meghan as the rightful queen of England.

I'm not on either side, really, I just enjoy the drama.

by Anonymousreply 7June 2, 2023 10:59 AM

Judging from Beatrice ignoring Kate. I suspect Kate is not well liked in that family

by Anonymousreply 8June 2, 2023 11:01 AM

R8 ever suspect it was the other way round and that Bea isn't trusted?

by Anonymousreply 9June 2, 2023 11:21 AM

Oh, please. They're royals; they're not supposed to have any fun. They're constantly on duty. I'm sure that Harry and Meghan would have been holding hands throughout the ordeal, her large, loving cow eyes staring at him adoringly for the Twitterverse. Ridiculous as they are, I find this duo easier to stomach.

by Anonymousreply 10June 2, 2023 11:22 AM

It's because WIlliam and Kate are trying to kick Andrew out of his own home so they can live there.

William and Kate have 2 homes. 1 is a 10 bedroom home in Norfolk and the other is a 25 room apartment at Kensington Palace. Each of these homes is practically next door to the home's of William's mistress. It's also why in the middle of the night, William and Kate moved their family into some tiny 4 bedroom home in Windsor.

The most important thing to Kate was to get as much space between william and his mistress as possible. She thought Charles would kick Andrew out of his home, but Andrew has a lease

Kate desperately wants that home. Andrew isn't going anywhere.

This is why Beatrice isn't talking to them.

by Anonymousreply 11June 2, 2023 11:24 AM

This is why the British trash rags have to focus on Harry and Meghan.

Because without Harry and Meghan to demonize, the real demons are front and center.

The two adulterers at the top of the BRF, and the couple who can't stand each other in second place.

All the cracks in the BRF are right there for the world to see.

by Anonymousreply 12June 2, 2023 11:26 AM

This bitch can’t catch a break, but she seems pretty lovely and a good Mom. Imagine every glance and photo outtake studied and mythologized. That seems hard and awful, even with crowns and castles.

by Anonymousreply 13June 2, 2023 11:28 AM

Charles has to stop listening to William and Kate when it comes to decision making.

If he continues to listen to the Cambridges and their constant complaining, he's going to find himself in a shit storm of bickering and trouble.

Instead, Charles should follow the lead of his mother, and do whatever it takes to keep the peace and maintain stability.

William is a complainer and a bully and on top of all that, he's a spoilt fucker. Demanding and ill tempered. His wife is a total bitch because he takes it out on her, and on top of everything else, he cheats on her.

So he really needs to stop listening to them, and start doing what's best for the monarchy.

That means keeping the peace and bringing the family together.

William's bad attitude and constant grudge holding will tear the family apart.

by Anonymousreply 14June 2, 2023 11:30 AM

This bitch can’t catch a break, but she seems pretty lovely and a good Mom. Imagine every glance and photo outtake studied and mythologized.

Oh, please.

Waity Katie doesn't get tortured half as much as Meghan does.

Meghan can never truly catch a break from anyone. But she keeps moving forward, despite the constant attacks from the British media and right-wingers.

Kate has it easy.

by Anonymousreply 15June 2, 2023 11:33 AM

[quote]Oh, please. They're royals; they're not supposed to have any fun. They're constantly on duty.

And therefore constantly working the room, appearing chatty, but dignified - all that. Maybe Bea iced her out or maybe it's just a matter of constantly engaging guests/people they don't know versus getting chatty with their fellow royals.

Personally, I hate going to weddings & being expected to talk to the bride's bored cousins instead of just sitting in a corner and drinking the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 16June 2, 2023 11:51 AM

They’re not there to chat with each other. They are there to mingle and chat and look good, all with other people they barely know on a personal level—protocol, etc.

I’d be looking around the room for something else, too. If I’d been invited.

by Anonymousreply 17June 2, 2023 12:15 PM

[quote] Waity Katie doesn't get tortured half as much as Meghan does.

and right here is where Markle's Stan Grannies undermine their own position. Yeah, I know I'm feeding a troll by commenting, but still.

If you had even an iota of awareness (you know, of the kind Markle professes to have?) of sexist, mysogynistic, cruel monikers that the media places upon women, "Waity Katie" wouldn't ever be repeated by anybody who recognizes it's sexism.

But, even years after it had faded Markle repeated it, deliberately, during the Oprah interview. So much for "The Sisterhood".

I used to have some sympathy for Markle.

Her Stand Grannies will never admit, will always be in denial, however, that Markle herself created the grounds to question her authenticity.

And this latest clown car-car chase through Manhattan has made them laughing stocks.

None of that is the fault of William and Kate, and I write this as someone who is infinitely entertained by the actual, real life "reality show" that is the BRF and finds it inherently ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 18June 2, 2023 12:15 PM

She needs to wear her hair up. She’s not a teenager anymore.

by Anonymousreply 19June 2, 2023 12:23 PM

If you've lost Bea and Eugenie, then you are truly lost.

Because those two pretty much like everyone.

by Anonymousreply 20June 2, 2023 4:30 PM

Lost from what? That Kate’ position is solid and the first cousins are 2nd tier, if that?

Kate, for personal socializing, has her own family and personal friends that we don’t know about because if we did, they wouldn’t be her friends.

I happen to agree that having manage William is a job in and of itself, but this whole implied rivalry or discord between Kate and the Royal cousins and Markle is nonsense.

They are barking dogs and Kate is the Moon. As such she doesn’t have to deign to have to acknowledge them or bother with a reaction.

I do agree with r19.

by Anonymousreply 21June 2, 2023 5:14 PM

William seems like a brat bully

by Anonymousreply 22June 2, 2023 5:42 PM

I do wonder what she's really like.

So little of Kate's personality comes through. If anything, she just seems boring.

I do admire her for staying thin (discipline) and rarely seeming to have a hair out of place. Do I sound shallow, here? Yes, probably.

by Anonymousreply 23June 2, 2023 6:16 PM

She chose this life and hopefully is content with it. I would go crazy.

by Anonymousreply 24June 2, 2023 6:26 PM

R11 R13 what amazing insights you have! No one knows what's going on with Andrew and "his" mansion. Charles has been trying to relegate his brother for years as he's a liability and by all accounts a pig

by Anonymousreply 25June 2, 2023 6:40 PM

Poor Kate Middlington. Or I should say, Kate Simpleton.

She waited and waited for William, earning her the name Waity Katie.

And now that she is next in line to be Queen, she's still fucking miserable.

Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.

by Anonymousreply 26June 2, 2023 6:43 PM

R26 who says she's miserable? She's not meant to be the life of the party, pulling attention. And who cares if she waited, it's not like she forsook some big career, she seems to have always aspired to be a wife and mother.

I don't think she was necessarily ambitious to be Queen, people forget how hot William was when she snared him.

by Anonymousreply 27June 2, 2023 7:39 PM

R25, yes, he was trying to relegate him, but he the push to kick him out of his house was only after William and Kate's midnight move to Windsor. Kate had to either get William away from Rose or just get away from having to live so close (less than 3 miles) from Rose and her family.

Rose and her husband also have a flat very close to Kensington Palace. But William and Kate made the taxpayers pay over £10 million to renovate their two homes and now they don't want to live in either of them. And of course, they'll want the taxpayers to pay even more if they move into Andrew's place.

by Anonymousreply 28June 3, 2023 1:47 AM

They are on opposite sides of an aisle and seated according to strict royal protocol at the marriage of the Crown Prince of Jordan - The Waleses with heirs to their respective thrones, Bea and Edo with personal friends of the family. Are you such rubes that you expect Kate to whistle to get Bea’s attention? Maybe you are.

And R2, what’s “cringe” is your use of that word as an adjective, which it’s not - it’s a verb. You Sussex Squaddies aren’t particularly bright, are you?

I was wondering when you’d all emerge from your embarrassment at the great Manhattan Clown Car Chase of 2023. This is the best that you can do? Back to LSA and Celebitchy for you.

by Anonymousreply 29June 3, 2023 2:15 AM

R28 there has been no evidence whatsoever of an affair, you are a liar, a character assassin, detached from reality and a turd. Bugger off as is Brits say, you hate-filled titwank.

by Anonymousreply 30June 3, 2023 8:47 AM

Yes, the Princess of Wales is so hated (and her position so insecure) that Jordanian Royal Family decided to honour her entire family with an invite to the Crown Prince’s wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 3, 2023 9:13 AM

In those ten seconds of footage, Kate isn’t even looking at William, Bea and Edo. She speaks to the man on her left, then looks round past Bea and Edo towards the corner of the room. Given that at least 5 other members of her family were there, it’s entirely possible she was checking on them. Or maybe she was looking for someone more interesting to chat to at the event. Which of us has not done the same?

by Anonymousreply 32June 3, 2023 9:21 AM

R28 please tell me more about the “midnight move to Windsor”. How exciting! Were you there? Or did Kate tell you all about it later as you helped her unpack the boxes?

Don’t make stuff up - you only look stupid. And you need no help in that department.

Back to LSA and Celebitchy for you.

by Anonymousreply 33June 3, 2023 9:47 AM

[quote] Yes, the Princess of Wales is so hated (and her position so insecure) that Jordanian Royal Family decided to honour her entire family with an invite to the Crown Prince’s wedding.

Those grifting Middletons were probably there to load piles of Jordanian and Saudi cash into their suitcases, for the trip home.

by Anonymousreply 34June 3, 2023 10:00 AM

[Quote] I was wondering when you’d all emerge from your embarrassment at the great Manhattan Clown Car Chase of 2023. This is the best that you can do?

R29, WWs to end all WWs, shall henceforth be known as the crowned prince of Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 35June 3, 2023 11:36 AM

Mingle, mingle, Kate!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 3, 2023 11:45 AM

I’d have popped outside for a cheeky fag.

by Anonymousreply 37June 3, 2023 12:34 PM

Poor Waity Katie.

No one likes her.

by Anonymousreply 38June 4, 2023 2:56 AM

She doesn’t seem like she’d be a great conversationalist. Empty vessel.

by Anonymousreply 39June 4, 2023 3:02 AM

On the contrary, pathetic stans for the former royals, the Duke and Duchess of Loserville, everyone seems to like the Princess of Wales very much. The only people briefing against her are the Duke and Duchess of Loserville.

Isn't it about time for the next leg of your favorite loser's Worldwide Privacy Tour?

by Anonymousreply 40June 4, 2023 3:22 AM

“Waity Katie”, R38? That’s the best that you can do? And what man are you waiting on? No prospects, I suspect.

Go pour yourself a Pepsi and wait for an original thought to pop into your head. It could be a while.

Your idols the Sussexes are done - how embarrassing for you Squaddies, still stanning such losers!

by Anonymousreply 41June 4, 2023 3:59 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 4, 2023 9:44 AM

If I'd a chance with someone as gorgeous as William was in his youth I'd have fucking clung on for dear life too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 4, 2023 9:47 AM

R38 no one likes her? Oh really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 4, 2023 9:51 AM

It’s amazing what people can read into a 10-second clip taken from 30 feet away. If you look at the distance between Kate and Bea, they’re not even that close together, and whoever is in front of Kate that she’s talking to is cut off. But yes, ooooh, the daggers flying between them! 🙄

by Anonymousreply 45June 4, 2023 10:03 AM

Sorry, there are so many BRF threads, I don't know which one posted the Graydon Carter interview, so I'll post this here.

I didn't need Graydon Carter (former editor of "Spy" and Vanity Fair") to tell me what I concluded many months back- that the Sussexes are done.

What's significant now, however, is, he isn't troubling with holding back. He's openly stating his observations of the Sussexes, which is, itself, telling of how far down they've fallen in their position. He's starting his own new digital current events site and if he thought he couldn't afford to offend them, he wouldn't negatively comment, but, he does.

His take is that the Sussexes have made every mistake they could have in managing (more like mis-managing) their image, positions and "stardom", such as it is. He ridicules the Manhattan clown-car chase.

I've never been a big Graydon Carter fan. There is something about him that I've always found to be slightly distasteful. Still, he's earned credibility with his takes on maintaining desirability and presence when it comes to celebrity-hood.

He's known, and/or met, every famous person over the past 40 years, ALL of them, from Obama, Trump to the Z List. He's seen, up-close and worked with, the best management teams that are employed by the "A List", because of his editorship of Vanity Fair Magazine.

Seriously, I wonder if the Sussexes management team, especially Markle's WME, is wondering if they can salvage them.

I

by Anonymousreply 46June 4, 2023 4:32 PM

Thanks, r46. Can you please post the article? It's behind a paywall.

by Anonymousreply 47June 4, 2023 11:09 PM

A few years ago, Graydon Carter admitted Markle's VF cover "didn't sell particularly well".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 4, 2023 11:11 PM

Carter is an old fart…irrelevant for many years. He’s stuck with a delusion that his writing matters… a more upscale Sessums.

by Anonymousreply 49June 4, 2023 11:16 PM

Exactly, R49.

Just another useless mouthpiece for Buckingham Palace and the British Media Rags.

You can't believe a word they say or write.

by Anonymousreply 50June 5, 2023 11:12 AM

[quote] Prince William Was "Overly Dominant" and Treated Princess Kate Like a "Naughty Child" in Jordan, Body Language Expert Claims

Prince William is usually very composed in public, but he let that composure seriously slip while attending the royal wedding in Jordan last week.

ICYMI, the Prince of Wales was filmed apparently saying "chop chop" to his wife Princess Kate as she chatted to the bride, Princess Rajwa, for just a few seconds. He also threw in a hand gesture which looked meant to hurry Kate along.

While it's totally possible we're missing some crucial context here (and I personally very much hope so), royal fans as well as body language expert Judi James didn't like what they saw one bit.

"This is not one of [William's] finest moments when it comes to either body language or words," James told Express, commenting on the moment when Kate is speaking to Rajwa, and William has finished speaking to her and her groom Prince Hussein.

"While he has clearly moved on from the meet and greet with the bride and groom, Kate stands talking to the bride in an animated and very friendly way," James continued.

"She is not causing a 'log jam' [by] holding up the queue and the next guests are still talking to the groom, so there appears to be no logical reason for William to hurry his wife along, especially as she only adds a few seconds to the conversation."

The expert added, "Whether he says ‘chop chop’ his hand gesture alone is bad enough, with a winding gesture that would normally imply that time is running out."

James congratulated the Princess of Wales for ignoring her husband in this instance, but added, "it has to be said that his behavior is overly dominant here, with his critical parent behavior putting her firmly in the implied role of naughty child."

For James, the prince was being "rude" here, and could have resorted to alternatives if he was truly in a rush (for some reason?).

"He could have walked back to stand beside his wife and used a subtle tie sign, like a small pat of the waist or back," the expert suggested.

"Most couples have subtle rituals that they use to communicate silently in public that don’t entail any obvious impatience and the Waleses are normally very adept at these techniques."

Better luck next time? One can only hope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 6, 2023 2:21 AM

Just out of curiosity, how many body language experts are there in the UK?! Greater than the number of lip reading experts?

by Anonymousreply 52June 6, 2023 2:24 AM

Marie Claire? The Express? “Princess Kate”?

Complete rubbish, then.

by Anonymousreply 53June 6, 2023 2:43 AM

I love this thread!

by Anonymousreply 54June 6, 2023 12:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!