Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone bought any clothes from Outerknown

This is the "sustainable" clothing company founded and operated by Kelly Slater. The clothes are very pricey but the designs are actually kind of perfect for guys 35+ who aren't trying to look like teenagers but also don't want to look like their fathers either. I'm just looking to get a sense of how well made these clothes are before a drop a grand on, like, three shirts and a pair of jeans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 2, 2023 4:26 PM

I bought a sweater that I like, but founder Kelly Slater is an anti-vaxxer so I told them to remove me from their mailing list (they demanded to speak to me to reassure me/con me).

by Anonymousreply 1June 2, 2023 10:08 AM

I have a pair of their board shorts - cool design

by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2023 10:30 AM

Wish there was a list of where to buy clothes that support people that are not fucking sociopaths and fascists.

by Anonymousreply 3June 2, 2023 10:37 AM

R1 Anti-Vaxxer? Hard pass. Too bad, because I’d wear much of these items. I’m with r1 on this. Anti-science people become invisible to me.

by Anonymousreply 4June 2, 2023 10:47 AM

Kelly Slater should have tried to save his hair before saving the planet.

by Anonymousreply 5June 2, 2023 10:54 AM

About his values

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 2, 2023 10:57 AM

Very Todd Snyder-ish

by Anonymousreply 7June 2, 2023 11:01 AM

The logo looks like a Jesus fish. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 8June 2, 2023 11:05 AM

R7 I sometimes buy from Todd Snyder, only when they mark it way down, and they really do mark it down. It’s a mixed bag, with some fugly goofy things, but also some nicer simpler things in cool colors and materials. I can usually find something. Sheepishly I sometime buy impulsively and then pass items onto my nephews. I want to look my age. Guys wearing surfer and skater clothing look like they have progeria after a while.

Snyder must spend a shitload on digital strategy. When I look at an item on their website, that same item appears everywhere I go on the internet. That must be expensive.

by Anonymousreply 9June 2, 2023 11:24 AM

^I agree—but, also, their sizing is consistently good so I take a chance and ship it right back if the look doesn’t work.

by Anonymousreply 10June 2, 2023 11:27 AM

I really like their stuff- especially those retro sweaters/sweatshirts (I am 44)

They seem to be going for a higher quality but slightly lower cost version of Aviator Nation-

Had NO idea it was owned by Kelly Slater or that he was an antivaxxer (and probably a repub and homophobe too!- Just a guess!)

by Anonymousreply 11June 2, 2023 4:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!