Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Oppenheimer will be Rated R

Did they give the bomb a nipple?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 6, 2023 1:12 AM

No, I believe it’s because Matt Damon says the F word in it several times.

Which F word and whether it was scripted are both up for debate.

by Anonymousreply 1June 2, 2023 3:30 AM

I'll admit, OP, I laughed.

by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2023 3:58 AM

Op, the bomb IS an F-bomb.

by Anonymousreply 3June 2, 2023 4:32 AM

I think it’s going to bomb (pun intended).

by Anonymousreply 4June 2, 2023 4:35 AM

Oppenheimer? Oppennasty!

by Anonymousreply 5June 2, 2023 4:39 AM

R5 = Alma deBeers Oppenheimer

by Anonymousreply 6June 2, 2023 4:46 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2023 5:17 PM

Because it's not about an atomic bomb, it's about a NUDE bomb!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2023 5:30 PM

So much ass eating for a historical war drama.

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2023 6:46 PM

Robert Oppenheimer had communist affiliations. To the conservative minds of the 1940s and 50s, this meant that he must have been sexually depraved (think of the kind of take J Edgar Hoover would have had on him). So a sort of mythology has built up around the man, blowing all of his relationships, real or inferred, into anecdotes of degeneracy or immorality. This biopic will likely use some of that material in order to generate the kind of salacious interest that would warrant an R rating.

Here's Conservapedia's take on Oppenheimer (not that it is in any way accurate, but to give a taste of what some of the subject matter for this film might well entail):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2023 1:07 AM

I'm sure kids across the nation will be broken hearted at having to miss out on a talky, three-hour long WWII drama.

R10 The recent tv series "Manhattan" hinted around at making their Oppenheimer seem like a perv.

by Anonymousreply 11June 6, 2023 1:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!