Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Single dads are raising good kids. First Federline. Now Birkhead.

Larry Birkhead and his daughter have a lot to be proud of.

The 50-year-old father posted a series of photos to his Instagram Thursday, revealing that daughter Dannielynn, 16, made the honor roll at her high school.

"Nothing like trying to have a serious conversation with your kid and instead you get trolled with the worst pics of you ever taken on their cell phone. I can’t be the only parent with this issue! At any rate, onward and upward! Dannielynn finished 11th grade and maintained honor roll through some challenging times we had taking care of my Mom before she passed away," wrote Birkhead. "I am so proud!"

"Now, on to Summer break and then 12th grade….and in the meantime, hopefully she can take some better pictures of me. 😂 I think I am going to give her a photography class over the Summer. #honorroll #badcellphonepics," he concluded.

The post includes two selfies of the father-daughter duo in a car, one of which shows Dannielynn holding up a candid photo of her dad. The final snap features documentation of the 16-year-old's academic achievement.

In May, the duo attended the 2023 Kentucky Derby together, as well as the 34th annual Barnstable Brown Kentucky Derby Eve Gala, which benefits the Barnstable Brown Diabetes Center at the University of Kentucky. For the latter occasion, Dannielynn sported a black tulle skirt and blouse featuring photos of her late mom Anna Nicole Smith from her famous Guess campaign, accessorized with rhinestone shoes.

At the time, Birkhead told PEOPLE that he's been hesitant as his teenage daughter starts to consider heading off to college away from home.

"It's one of those things where she's just now dipping her toe into getting stuff, and people are mailing her things. And every time I get something in the mail for college, I don't know if I really want to give her this because she might take them up on this offer and go somewhere to college," he explained.

"It's one of those things that all parents go through. They don't want their kids to go off, but they know they have to."

And while Dannielynn doesn't have a dream school in mind just yet, "she's starting to show an interest in forensics."

"She takes a forensic class in high school, and she enjoys it, so she's starting to talk about that, which is great because I like to watch Dateline," her dad joked. "So we're on the same page with that."

Birkhead said the course is teaching his daughter about "crime scenes and blood splatter, and the real gory stuff and the real high-tech stuff."

"They tell them how to solve murders, give them clues, and they say, 'This happened, this happened.' It's an interesting thing. I actually took it when I was in college, so I was able to talk with her on it with a little bit of knowledge, but it's something that she's shown interest in, too."

Birkhead isn't too set on the idea, however, as he noted, "you know how kids do. They can say this today, but tomorrow, she's into something else."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 2, 2023 12:27 PM

Oh, girl.

That's a "hair don't."

I mean you, Larry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 2, 2023 1:28 AM

It turns out that he was a really good dad from what I can tell.

by Anonymousreply 2June 2, 2023 1:29 AM

It's funny how these so-called deadbeat dads have ended up raising some very decent kids.

Britney's boys are so much better off with Kevin Federline.

And Larry raised an "Honors Student."

Good for them.

by Anonymousreply 3June 2, 2023 1:34 AM

Not being a batshit-crazy attention whore certainly helps in the child rearing department.

by Anonymousreply 4June 2, 2023 1:37 AM

Why is this surprising? Single women have being doing it for centuries. Whenever a man is a good parent people act shocked.

by Anonymousreply 5June 2, 2023 1:38 AM

I believe that, statistically, single dads have better outcomes than single moms. But obviously there are far fewer single dads so the comparison isn’t perfect. Plenty of single moms raise great and successful kids.

by Anonymousreply 6June 2, 2023 1:42 AM

R6

Including two recent presidents.

by Anonymousreply 7June 2, 2023 1:56 AM

Burkhead did a great job. His girl seems to have her feet on the ground.

by Anonymousreply 8June 2, 2023 1:59 AM

I don't know who he is and I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 9June 2, 2023 1:59 AM

Call me evil, but Anna Nicole Smith dying, and therefore not being around to bring the crazy, helped.

by Anonymousreply 10June 2, 2023 2:15 AM

I only know about these guys through DL…but they both seem like good eggs. Stepped up to take care of their kids under tragic circumstances, and kids seem to be doing fine. What more do you want from a parent?

Always get a kick out of seeing Birkhall and daughter pix at Kentucky Derby.

by Anonymousreply 11June 2, 2023 2:22 AM

Not raising her in Hollywood probably helped. I think that creepy Howard Stern, her “business manager” or whatever, wanted to raise her. Thank goodness that didn’t happen.

by Anonymousreply 12June 2, 2023 4:18 AM

Making the Honor roll when your name is Danielynn is impressive.

by Anonymousreply 13June 2, 2023 12:19 PM

[quote]Burkhead did a great job. His girl seems to have her feet on the ground.

Versus her mother, who's feet were always in the air.

by Anonymousreply 14June 2, 2023 12:26 PM

A lot of these “single dads” have live in girlfriends or wives helping them. Not sure about Birkhead, he seems lovely, but Federline definitely wasn’t raising those 2 boys alone. He got remarried in 2013.

by Anonymousreply 15June 2, 2023 12:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!