Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Cruel Summer” season 2 trailer

It’s an anthology series so it’s a new cast and story, and I am excited for this but I don’t think it will be as good as season one (which surprised me with his much I liked it) but who knows, maybe it will be better?

This does look fun though, but I don’t know if it will show us the story over 3 years how season 1 did or what years it takes place in. Looks like it’s set in modern day maybe?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 18, 2023 5:00 AM

I never saw season 1, but I assume Froy’s character is dead or something.

Are there any twinks this season? Any eye candy at all? 🫤

by Anonymousreply 1June 1, 2023 2:38 AM

R1 no, he isn’t dead. This is an anthology series, as stated in the OP.

by Anonymousreply 2June 1, 2023 2:40 AM

No Harley Quinn Smith?

I’m in.

by Anonymousreply 3June 1, 2023 2:49 AM

I think it’s set during Y2K

by Anonymousreply 4June 2, 2023 7:02 PM

Did anyone watch the premiere? It didn't draw me in like the first season did, but I'll probably keep watching.

It's set in July 99, December 99 and July 00.

by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2023 4:19 AM

I didn’t realize it started. I will be watching tomorrow

by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2023 4:53 AM

Yes, I watched both episodes. I wasn't feeling it midway through episode 1, especially compared to season 1, but by the end of episode 1 I was invested which let me enjoy episode 2. The seasons are so short I'll be watching the entire thing regardless.

I thought season 1 started well, then kind of meandered with filler episodes in the middle but ended well, so I feel like I have reasonable expectations.

I loved Lexi Underwood in Little Fires Everywhere so I'm happy to see her here. I think she's pretty in a really unique/interesting way and hope she's one of those young actresses that "pops" and moves on to bigger and better as she goes.

by Anonymousreply 7June 10, 2023 5:12 AM

Nothing in season 1 was filler. Every episode added more to the story

by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2023 5:15 AM

A playlist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2023 5:23 AM

[quote] I didn’t realize it started.

Grow up and educate yourself.

by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2023 5:36 AM

They got the high school fashions and hairstyles of the era down pat.

by Anonymousreply 11June 14, 2023 4:18 AM

Is no one watching this or is there a better thread?

by Anonymousreply 12June 18, 2023 4:09 PM

R8 Mary of Teen Summer Series!

by Anonymousreply 13June 18, 2023 4:16 PM

Speaking of gay, Paul Adelstein, playing Steve Chambers, town business leader, pings my gaydar.

by Anonymousreply 14June 18, 2023 5:51 PM

I'm watching. The original Cruel Summer of Covid summer 2021 was such an unexpected surprise that everyone started watching through word of mouth. I watched each week as the episodes dropped. The premise, the era, and the ending I wanted (which was the shock I hoped they would deliver and they did), made it genius or good old trashy dark fun.

I'm watching this one and it is OK. Some things are better as a one and done. Since I enjoyed the first one and it was actually something different, I am happy to give this one a shot. I feel like this is heading into 13 Reasons Why territory. It was a fantastic one off series that did not need a sequel and lost all the edge as it kept going. I am enjoying the music, the fashion - they've nailed it. The reviews have been basically "it OK" and I'll give it that.

by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2023 2:20 AM

I liked Harley Quinn Smith in season one quite a bit. I'm less into Brea Bee this season. I also thought the main guy was not cute really. He's skinny and kinda girly, he's not like Froy is it? at all.

by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2023 3:00 AM

The guys are not hot. We have no Froy and the whole plot line of being held a sex slave in a basement (willingly) when the nerd turns a blind eye to take the hot boyfriend was just one of a kind. I like the actress Lexi Underwood from 'Little Fires Everywhere' with her massive boobies, but this plot line just isn't that interesting. Love the era and must though.

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2023 3:03 AM

So far I am actively rooting against Megan.

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2023 6:13 AM

[quote] So far I am actively rooting against Megan.

She's annoying! As a someone who is around their age, they got the "ball and chain" necklace wrong that she wears in her goth phase. Those were more 96/97 and then were way out by Y2k. I hate people who tell others they have their permission to do something (like date their BFF) but don't really mean it. Something else I noticed was that they showed Isabella's ID with a Beverly Hills address and a birthday of 1978. Was that meant to be a fake ID? Isabella would be close to graduating college in 2000, not high school. I wasn't sure if that was a writing error or if it was meant to convey something else.

by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2023 3:31 PM

What is the huge scandal that one HS girl was seen fucking on a sex tape.

They set it up like the blond girl's life will be cancelled and she'll lose her scholarship. All farfetched. And why would the 2nd plot device be true. Why would the new black girl be suspended for having sex on tape. A tape that was shown at an adult gathering, not a school event. Supposedly by mistake.

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2023 4:06 PM

I could see it being an issue back then. Back then it was usually the woman's fault - that was before the whole MeToo movement.

by Anonymousreply 21June 19, 2023 4:12 PM

R20 R21

by Anonymousreply 22June 19, 2023 4:18 PM

R22 If you want to read our posts, why have you blocked us? Or why don't you check your 'Ignored' page instead of clogging up threads with your stupid numbered posts.

by Anonymousreply 23June 19, 2023 4:41 PM

This season sucks. I am now hate watching it, and only barely watching it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 24June 21, 2023 9:11 PM

FF R22. Sick of these passive aggressive Pollyannas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 21, 2023 9:12 PM

Yeah, I tried to watch it but it's awful. Just nowhere near as good as the first season (understandably that may be hard to live up to). The storyline is boring and unimaginative in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 26June 21, 2023 9:15 PM

There is no point, no design, to the jumping back and forth in time. It's not adding up to any suspense, anything creative. It's just treading water to fill episode after episode. It's BAD!

by Anonymousreply 27June 21, 2023 9:18 PM

Ehh, I’ll give it a few more episodes.

by Anonymousreply 28June 21, 2023 9:19 PM

I think I will rewatch the Hardy Boys. Or maybe Teen Wolf. I haven't seen Teen Wolf since my original viewing.

by Anonymousreply 29June 21, 2023 9:19 PM

I will say I think the geeky boy is the only good actor.

by Anonymousreply 30June 21, 2023 9:20 PM

I'm not finding it so terrible.

by Anonymousreply 31June 22, 2023 12:03 AM

The Bronx is up and the Battery’s down.

by Anonymousreply 32June 22, 2023 1:27 AM

I've totally lost interest in this season. It's a shame since the first season was so good.

by Anonymousreply 33July 4, 2023 4:41 PM

It's gotten a little bit better with the reveal of Isabella's best friend drowning, but it does feel a bit like a dud. It doesn't help that Meghan is so unlikable!

by Anonymousreply 34July 6, 2023 9:50 AM

Is anybody still watching this show?

by Anonymousreply 35July 18, 2023 5:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!