Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Help us find Colby Richards!

Colby Richards, a 31-year-old Texas father, has been missing since he apparently left his home in Spring, Texas, the morning of May 24.

His wife, Callie Richards, noticed her husband wake up early that Friday around 5 a.m., but when he did not return to their bedroom to get ready for work, she got up to check on him, according to Colby's cousin, Allison Fox.

"He wasn't in the house, so she checked the backyard … and she noticed that the back gate was open, which was atypical. He never leaves the house that way, and they would never leave the gate open anyway because they have a dog and two small children," Fox told Fox News Digital.

Callie almost immediately felt something was wrong and contacted authorities.

The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office deployed search teams to the area and "found a water bottle of his near the trailhead in the wooded area with trails and stuff behind where they live," Fox said.

Colby did not take his phone or wallet with him when he left his house that morning.

"Search and rescue, so far, has been out for several days. … We've had everything from people on foot, thermal drones, regular visual drones, people on ATVs, people on horseback and people driving around in their cars checking to see if there are security cameras or doorbell cameras that might have footage," Fox said. "And we've been trying to get the word out to everybody that if they see him, or they see anything out of the ordinary … to call the sheriff's department."

The Richards' home on Musgrove Place in Spring has a backyard with a gate that opens up to a street, and across that street is an entrance to a Greenway Trail where Colby's water bottle was found.

Fox said it was normal for Colby to wake up around 5 a.m. or 6 a.m. for work. He had recently started a part-time job at an engineering firm in the area but also works part-time as a baseball coach – something he's been doing for years.

He "did like to go out" onto the Greenway for walks, sometimes in the morning and sometimes after work, but it was not a regular occurrence, his cousin explained.

She added that the Woodlands is a generally safe area with certain small pockets that people avoid, and she does not believe Colby had issues with anyone who may have been watching or stalking him. "We don't really know," she said. "He's … a very nice guy, and the idea that somebody having a problem with him or whatever is pretty perplexing to us."

The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office called off their search in the Woodlands area on Wednesday morning, according to the Richards family. They are continuing to organize volunteer searches in the area.

The family has created a GoFundMe page titled "Help us find Colby Richards" to raise funds for the volunteer search.

Colby was last seen wearing a T-shirt, black shorts and gray Under Armour sneakers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430November 6, 2023 5:16 PM

Cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 1, 2023 1:02 AM

Noooo!

by Anonymousreply 2June 1, 2023 1:05 AM

Reminds us slightly of Beto O’Rourke without the many moles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 1, 2023 1:08 AM

Shows too much gun in that smile. A suspicious sign.

by Anonymousreply 4June 1, 2023 1:09 AM

It was the bf.

by Anonymousreply 5June 1, 2023 1:11 AM

/meant gum but maybe that was not wrong since it’s Texas

by Anonymousreply 6June 1, 2023 1:12 AM

It was the "mysterious man" who was in the hotel room with Chris Burrous!

by Anonymousreply 7June 1, 2023 1:13 AM

Alien abduction

by Anonymousreply 8June 1, 2023 1:13 AM

Has anyone checked the dogs’ waste?

by Anonymousreply 9June 1, 2023 1:16 AM

Spooky!

by Anonymousreply 10June 1, 2023 1:17 AM

So Colby was headed towards the "wooded area and trails" behind his house?

Grindr hookup gone wrong!

by Anonymousreply 11June 1, 2023 1:18 AM

He does look like Beto!

by Anonymousreply 12June 1, 2023 1:19 AM

Did they check the area outside the back open gate leading to the trail where his water bottle was found? Sounds to me like a struggle occurred and he was abducted. It’s a very slim chance, but sometimes they can find drops of blood.

by Anonymousreply 13June 1, 2023 1:19 AM

Mountain Lion? Coyotes?

It's Texas, after all.

by Anonymousreply 14June 1, 2023 1:21 AM

His puppies are going to miss him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 1, 2023 1:23 AM

Yes, sounds to me like someone (or more) caught his attention outside the back gate leading to the trail, he was drawn to them for whatever reason and a struggle occurred.

If he left the back gate open that means he was distracted. If he left his water bottle by the trail he dropped it or had no reason to retrieve it.

He was likely abducted during or after the struggle, or possibly his body was removed.

Very weird. Odd there is no evidence.

by Anonymousreply 16June 1, 2023 1:24 AM

[quote] Did they check the area outside the back open

Somehow I think “the area outside the back open” will be key to solving this case.

by Anonymousreply 17June 1, 2023 1:24 AM

He will be found near water.

by Anonymousreply 18June 1, 2023 1:26 AM

Maybe he was expecting a delivery from a soft-butch sous chef... something special to share with wifey in bed...

by Anonymousreply 19June 1, 2023 1:27 AM

Brackish water, R18?

by Anonymousreply 20June 1, 2023 1:27 AM

Spooky as hell. Somebody knows something.

by Anonymousreply 21June 1, 2023 1:28 AM

[quote] Somehow I think “the area outside the back open” will be key to solving this case.

Or more importantly, was his backside open at the time?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 1, 2023 1:28 AM

Gummy smiles make Sasquatches hungry.

by Anonymousreply 23June 1, 2023 1:29 AM

He will be found somewhere where people go occasionally.

by Anonymousreply 24June 1, 2023 1:31 AM

A wild animal attack would have left a lot of evidence. There is a person or persons who are responsible.

by Anonymousreply 25June 1, 2023 1:32 AM

Colby played baseball for Nebraska Wesleyan University.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 1, 2023 1:32 AM

What was his home and work life like? Any looming problems? Would he have had the motivation to disappear?

by Anonymousreply 27June 1, 2023 1:33 AM

Colby's Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 1, 2023 1:35 AM

He looks “wiggerish” at R26.

by Anonymousreply 29June 1, 2023 1:35 AM

He’ll be found several miles away with his pants around his ankles and his tongue missing like those Dyatlov Pass kids. Another one for The X-Files!

by Anonymousreply 30June 1, 2023 1:36 AM

Swinging his big bat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 1, 2023 1:37 AM

R30, what’s Dyatlov Pass?

by Anonymousreply 32June 1, 2023 1:37 AM

R28 Aww! He was adorable!

Oops, I mean IS! He is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 33June 1, 2023 1:38 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 1, 2023 1:38 AM

[quote] She added that the Woodlands is a generally safe area with certain small pockets that people avoid

Okay, so there's some dangerous "certain small pockets" in the woods? That doesn't sound good.

Probably some creep left one of the "certain small pockets" and did something untoward to the man.

by Anonymousreply 35June 1, 2023 1:38 AM

R28 He is handsome. That photo they used for the story doesn’t do him justice.

by Anonymousreply 36June 1, 2023 1:39 AM

He looks happy R28, so I hope they find him (in whatever form).

R25 is right though. Animal attacks are messy. He either left or was abducted quickly and quietly.

by Anonymousreply 37June 1, 2023 1:40 AM

Did he have “an” Onlyfans?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 1, 2023 1:40 AM

Did he walk off to suicide or something?

Failed baseball career?

by Anonymousreply 39June 1, 2023 1:40 AM

Yeah, the “small pockets that people avoid” comment is weird. What does that mean and why would she say it?

by Anonymousreply 40June 1, 2023 1:40 AM

Was handsome, R36. Was.

by Anonymousreply 41June 1, 2023 1:40 AM

Colby liked to eat peanut butter, bacon, and avocado.

His wife called it a "barf bag." Lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 1, 2023 1:40 AM

He isn’t a tiny guy. I don’t think a coyote or mountain lion would have attacked him, much less killed him and dragged his body from the area. Without leaving evidence of an attack. A man being kidnapped in something other than a targeted attack seems extremely unlikely, too.

The article makes it sound like the police responded right away, which makes me think the wife conveyed information that suggested a threat. Like “he owes his drug dealer a lot of money.” Or “the husband of the woman he was cheating on me with killed our dog last week and left a note saying my husband was next.”

by Anonymousreply 43June 1, 2023 1:42 AM

He's fine. He sends his love.

by Anonymousreply 44June 1, 2023 1:43 AM

[quote] Lol

LoL! :)

by Anonymousreply 45June 1, 2023 1:48 AM

Jesus God in Heaven, please don't have killed such hot dong.

by Anonymousreply 46June 1, 2023 1:49 AM

At R31, his friend announces, "Now batting, 6 foot 2, 187 pounds, Colby..."

He's definitely a big boy. So whoever made him disappear, had to have dragged him somewhere to get rid of him.

No way an average male or female could do that.

So it either had to be more than one person, or a very large animal.

If it was an animal, there might not necessarily have been blood if it grabbed him by the neck and dragged him away.

by Anonymousreply 47June 1, 2023 1:54 AM

[quote] Did they check the area outside the back open gate leading to the trail where his water bottle was found?

R13, no, they never would have thought to check where his water bottle was found. Wow, you should be an investigator. Call them and tell them to check there!

by Anonymousreply 48June 1, 2023 1:54 AM

Major BDF! Oh, the tragedy of it all…

by Anonymousreply 49June 1, 2023 1:57 AM

From the article - He "did like to go out" onto the Greenway for walks...

It seems weird to put "did like to go out" in quotation marks.

by Anonymousreply 50June 1, 2023 1:58 AM

[quote] So it either had to be more than one person, or a very large animal.

[quote] If it was an animal, there might not necessarily have been blood if it grabbed him by the neck and dragged him away.

What type of animal did you have in mind? Because that’s ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 51June 1, 2023 1:59 AM

Did they say what kind of water bottle it was? Like a personal reusable one, or a store bought individual water?

We’re there dents in it like it was thrown?

Was it just sitting there next to the trail, or was it on its side off the trail?

I need answers!!!

by Anonymousreply 52June 1, 2023 2:00 AM

They don't have bears down there in Texas. It would have left a blood trail.

He either tossed it and walked out into the woods or someone abducted him.

by Anonymousreply 53June 1, 2023 2:00 AM

tl;dr

by Anonymousreply 54June 1, 2023 2:02 AM

What are the pockets people avoid? What does that mean it seems strange to put it like that.

Pockets in the woods, or pockets in the town like bad areas?

by Anonymousreply 55June 1, 2023 2:02 AM

R52 yes

by Anonymousreply 56June 1, 2023 2:02 AM

Creepy case. I’ll definitely be paying attention to this one.

by Anonymousreply 57June 1, 2023 2:03 AM

It is odd wording r55. Would love them to clarify. I mean, it could be swampy, or deep ravine, or something totally natural but still to be avoided. Or something much darker. Would love to know exactly what she meant there.

by Anonymousreply 58June 1, 2023 2:06 AM

On the Facebook page for this, one of the posts states "If you see Colby, do not approach him as he may be disoriented. Stay 20-30 feet back. "

Weird

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 1, 2023 2:09 AM

That Facebook page is full of strange information, R59:

[quote] UPDATE!!! The news will be at the check-in location THIS AFTERNOON 5/31, starting at around 4:15/4:30. KHOU is on the way now.

[quote] In addition to folks who are volunteering to search, they want to talk to anyone who played baseball with Colby but ESPECIALLY with the families who have children that Colby coached. If you are one of these people, please comment below so the reporter can reach out to you, and please be there tomorrow, Thursday 6/1 at 10am. Corner of West Windvale Circle and Granite Ridge Dr.

[quote] Also, if you know the local baseball organizations where he may have coached in the past, please share this post with them to help get the word out. Thank you! Matt Dougherty

by Anonymousreply 60June 1, 2023 2:12 AM

More interviews with the wife reveal other clues. According to her it was unlike him to go on a walk and not tell her he was going to do that. So maybe he did see something outside from the back of house, from the back windows, that drew him outside. He left the back gate open as he walked to something in the street and something happened.

That doesn’t explain the water bottle. Maybe it was thrown by the perpetrators as a decoy (but why was he carrying it? maybe he just had it with him at the time?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 1, 2023 2:13 AM

He didn't take his phone or wallet with him. Phone/internet investigation will reveal something.

by Anonymousreply 62June 1, 2023 2:14 AM

Amethyst Craine

[quote] Hey, Ive debated on saying this because it seems incredibly improbable that it could be him and therefore is a silly useless avenue of thought... but I did see a fella about his height with light hair in a white t-shirt and dark shorts in my back yard at 2am Saturday night on Magnolia Lane in Conroe. The guy was just kind of wandering around on the edge of Artesian Lakes when I went outside to take my dog to potty. I dont have a camera in that direction, so I cant really verify if my memory recalls it correctly nor does it seem likely he could have traveled that distance in such a short amount of time.

[quote] But Im gonna take my family out and check the woods near our property just in case tomorrow morning. I just keep thinking there are so many snakes, ravines, lakes, creeks, rivers and natural predators that could have caused him to become disoriented or injured. I am praying with all of my heart that he is returned safely to his family.

[quote] Do we know what color shirt he was wearing? Has anyone seen him on neighbor cameras? I read there were two reported sightings do we know where those sightings occurred? Im just trying to gauge how wide of a net could be possible for the search area.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 1, 2023 2:15 AM

According to another article the wife eventually disabled the comments on the Facebook page or pages because of disrespectful comments and spreading of disinformation.

Or maaaaybe someone was blabbing a little too much??

by Anonymousreply 64June 1, 2023 2:16 AM

[quote] If you see Colby, do not approach him as he may be disoriented. Stay 20-30 feet back. Call 911 and start recording him in case he leaves.

Lots of questions in regards to this post.

Okay, here’s why. Because dehydration and possible mental distress can cause a missing person to WANT to hide from others. So approaching him might scare him into running away, losing sight of him and not finding him once again. Taking a photo (so we know EXACTLY what he looks like currently and can verify it’s him if he does run away) and calling 911 while staying at a distance but in sight of him, it allows the ems and police to arrive while he is still at that location.

We have trained mental health and ems that know how to handle a missing person once located. We don’t want someone to go into shock or if he’s suffering from anaphylactic shock, first responders know how to handle it and get him to safety.

by Anonymousreply 65June 1, 2023 2:16 AM

[quote] Or maaaaybe someone was blabbing a little too much??

Tara Melissa I’m going to say this just once- if you do not have anything POSITIVE, FACTUAL or CONSTRUCTIVE to contribute, please DO NOT comment! Callie, her beautiful kids and Colby’s family are already going through enough. They do not need anyone else adding to the undeserved stress they are already enduring.

Katie Silva Garcia This sounds very different than everything that I’ve read over the past three days. It’s been written over and over that an early morning walk/meditation was part of his daily routine. Praying for his safe return.

by Anonymousreply 66June 1, 2023 2:19 AM

Hmm… interesting I didn’t think of that. A snakebite or other poisonous animal causing a disoriented or hallucinogenic state. Odd, but I guess it happens.

by Anonymousreply 67June 1, 2023 2:19 AM

The NY Post says that he's 6'3 and 195 lbs.

by Anonymousreply 68June 1, 2023 2:19 AM

[quote] there might not necessarily have been blood if it grabbed him by the neck and dragged him away.

he's not a kitten Rose!

by Anonymousreply 69June 1, 2023 2:22 AM

R67 If it was an animal, I bet it was venomous as opposed to poisonous.

by Anonymousreply 70June 1, 2023 2:22 AM

Why especially the families with children he coached what's up with that?

by Anonymousreply 71June 1, 2023 2:27 AM

Any reports of bright lights that morning or UFO sightings?

by Anonymousreply 72June 1, 2023 2:29 AM

See "The Positively True Adventures of the Alleged Texas Cheerleader-Murdering Mom."

by Anonymousreply 73June 1, 2023 2:29 AM

Just sayin’… he still could have had a secret drug habit. He maybe took too much, something different that he didn’t know, maybe had a bad run-in with his plug. It would explain a lot.

by Anonymousreply 74June 1, 2023 2:30 AM

Quicksand

by Anonymousreply 75June 1, 2023 2:31 AM

Spontaneous human combustion

by Anonymousreply 76June 1, 2023 2:31 AM

It's ALWAYS Quicksand.

by Anonymousreply 77June 1, 2023 2:33 AM

“Now I can get good blowjobs!”

by Anonymousreply 78June 1, 2023 2:35 AM

He just found a new part time job as an engineer, and was a part time coach? How does someone make a living to support a family doing that?

Something’s not adding up about this family’s story

by Anonymousreply 79June 1, 2023 2:36 AM

The look in his eyes does look a bit “off.” He may have suffered depression or had mental issues. That would also explain the unusual job situation.

by Anonymousreply 80June 1, 2023 2:40 AM

Odd that a Websleuths thread started on Sunday doesn’t have a full page of posts yet.

Did they all go away on an extended holiday?

by Anonymousreply 81June 1, 2023 2:41 AM

He's very cute. Maybe check the bathhouse?

by Anonymousreply 82June 1, 2023 2:42 AM

Does the wife work? It does sound like a strange situation. Isn't coaching children a volunteer job?

by Anonymousreply 83June 1, 2023 2:43 AM

Try this: he coaches baseball = children may = pedo may = an outraged father luring him out and then abducting and killing him. Body to be discovered in a few days.

I'm no Nancy Drew but this case is creepy, perplexing, and sad. And I sincerely hope my pedo hypothesis is false.

by Anonymousreply 84June 1, 2023 2:45 AM

If this were the other way around, police would be looking closely at the husband, so someone's probably looking into the wife's' background to rule out (domestic) foul play.

by Anonymousreply 85June 1, 2023 2:46 AM

7x5?

by Anonymousreply 86June 1, 2023 2:48 AM

[quote]Why especially the families with children he coached what's up with that?

I'm guessing that the "news" wants to interview those people for a human interest angle to draw more attention to the story.

by Anonymousreply 87June 1, 2023 2:49 AM

Why was he wearing sneakers when last seen, if it was the wife who saw him leave the bedroom before he'd gotten dressed for work?

by Anonymousreply 88June 1, 2023 2:49 AM

R76 I had a borderline phobia of this when I was a kid. I was afraid to go to sleep, terrified I would burst into flames.

by Anonymousreply 89June 1, 2023 2:49 AM

Quicksand.

That was my phobia as a kid R89 and I grew up in Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 90June 1, 2023 2:51 AM

[quote] Why especially the families with children he coached what's up with that?

[quote] Try this: he coaches baseball = children may = pedo may = an outraged father luring him out and then abducting and killing him. Body to be discovered in a few days.

I was thinking that same thing, R84.

I hope that's not the case, because he doesn't look like the kind of guy who would do that sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 91June 1, 2023 2:52 AM

70s r90? We all that. TV LIED to us!

by Anonymousreply 92June 1, 2023 2:52 AM

R88 What?

by Anonymousreply 93June 1, 2023 2:54 AM

This is why everybody loves amateur sleuths. Sneakers? Who the hell puts on sneakers before leaving the house! GUILTY! Arrest everybody in sight!

by Anonymousreply 94June 1, 2023 2:56 AM

The wackos always seem to be attracted to these kinds of missing persons stories:

[quote] Paula Spivey Stringer Today! Calling on You Jesus! May today be the day he is found. Keep him safe Lord. " For He will order his angels to protect you wherever you go. They will hold you up with their hands so you won't even hurt your foot on a stone. GOD HAS COMMANDED ANGELS TO GUARD YOU. Psalm 91:11-12

Oh boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95June 1, 2023 2:57 AM

Maybe it was the Indiana Sex Dwarf?

by Anonymousreply 96June 1, 2023 2:57 AM

Matt Bomer and Lee Pace are both from Spring, Texas.

by Anonymousreply 97June 1, 2023 2:59 AM

You know it R92.

by Anonymousreply 98June 1, 2023 2:59 AM

To Do List to properly assist in a missing persons search:

1. Create awareness. Share missing persons report/flyer on social media. Tape up flyer on all businesses/subdivisions/areas of activity. Alert local and state news organizations.

2. Volunteer to assist in ground search under direction with authorized entity heading up search area. This stops confusion or contamination of potential areas that can be K9 scent tracked FIRST. This also allows each persons search track to be recorded and documented, overlayed each day so the authorities and SAR teams can visually see what has been covered.

3. Do NOT discard anything while doing a search. Water bottles, tissue, etc create confusion and hinder an investigation and waste time and resources ruling them out.

4. Do NOT play keyboard private investigator or speculate. Leave the investigation to experienced detectives. If you want to help, be part of the solution by searching or supporting the search teams.

5. If you possibly see the missing person, STOP! Do not approach or scare them. Immediately take a photo of potential missing person then maintain line of visual contact. Call 911 or the authorities in charge and report your current location. Do not lose eyesight until the authorities arrive.

This could be the difference in saving a life!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 1, 2023 3:02 AM

Did he jump off of a party boat when it was still dark outside?

by Anonymousreply 100June 1, 2023 3:08 AM

Alligators in the sewer.

by Anonymousreply 101June 1, 2023 3:12 AM

Jim Parsons is from Spring as well, R97. Must be something in the water!

I lived in The Woodlands, next to Spring, years ago. Your biggest threat were snakes and sometimes wild hogs. If you were in bayous closer to Houston, alligators. This area is part of the beautiful Eat Texas pine forests, but much of it has been decimated in the last 20-30 years.

by Anonymousreply 102June 1, 2023 3:18 AM

Chupacabra!

by Anonymousreply 103June 1, 2023 3:26 AM

It was the Almiqui

by Anonymousreply 104June 1, 2023 3:28 AM

There is a big missing piece to this story. Anyone seen video interviews of the wife?

by Anonymousreply 105June 1, 2023 3:56 AM

[quote] There is a big missing piece to this story. Anyone seen video interviews of the wife?

I looked for interviews with the wife, but it seems that she called her sister down to Texas to be with her, and the wife's sister is doing all the talking for her.

Another odd thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 1, 2023 4:14 AM

Surely it’d be hard to attack or abduct a man of his size and strength without leaving any evidence. Which could mean his leaving the area of his own free will is more likely?

by Anonymousreply 107June 1, 2023 4:42 AM

What’s a “plug” mentioned at r74?

by Anonymousreply 108June 1, 2023 4:53 AM

Eat Texas!

by Anonymousreply 109June 1, 2023 4:56 AM

been sexing a teen player that went anti-their-molester after they figured it out? or angry parent.

by Anonymousreply 110June 1, 2023 4:59 AM

His Quora questions are 90% baseball, but he also worked for Uber a few years ago, and there are some random ones, like waxing a monobrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 1, 2023 5:25 AM

I thought The Woodlands, TX was a hoity toity place?

by Anonymousreply 112June 1, 2023 5:29 AM

Any many who dresses like this is not gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 1, 2023 5:42 AM

It sounds like he decided to walk away from his wife and kids.

by Anonymousreply 114June 1, 2023 5:53 AM

R113 Eh, I’m hopeless with fashion but I definitely suck dick. I wish all gay men came with in built fashion sense, but alas it doesn’t happen for us all.

by Anonymousreply 115June 1, 2023 6:16 AM

He went out to smell the cookies.

by Anonymousreply 116June 1, 2023 6:17 AM

Sorry if I missed this in the thread, but authorities actually ended their search today (May 31.) Though, the family is continuing the search with volunteers. They've also called in Texas EquuSearch. Interestingly, Texas EquuSearch and its good-hearted founder, Tim Miller, were prominently featured in the Netflix Docuseries CRIMESCENE: THE TEXAS KILLING FIELDS about the hunt for a serial killer in League City area of Houston.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 1, 2023 6:42 AM

R112, It is. My late brother-in-law the doctor lived there.

by Anonymousreply 118June 1, 2023 8:22 AM

This same exact thing happened to my mother.

by Anonymousreply 119June 1, 2023 10:40 AM

How can they tell it was his waterbottle? Was it a refillable one? He could have dropped it intentionally or the attacker did when he realized it had a name on it. But why did he have it with him in the first place?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120June 1, 2023 10:51 AM

Oh he is a major cutie. They simply must find him alive. It's not nice to murder attractive people.

by Anonymousreply 121June 1, 2023 12:14 PM

How long do you think it will take for his widow to put his Instagram account on private mode?

by Anonymousreply 122June 1, 2023 12:18 PM

The Julian Sands Fan Club is going too far.

by Anonymousreply 123June 1, 2023 12:24 PM

[quote] 4. Do NOT play keyboard private investigator or speculate. Leave the investigation to experienced detectives. If you want to help, be part of the solution by searching or supporting the search teams.

[snort!]

We ARE helping.

by Anonymousreply 124June 1, 2023 12:41 PM

The more I think about this the more it makes sense he walked away of his own accord, whether severely depressed/mentally unstable, under the influence of drugs, or simply running away from his family. That’s what all the evidence points to. He could get quite far in the hours before it was discovered he was gone, and at that time of day.

If he was mentally impaired he could also have gotten far in foot then run into trouble far away from that spot. Ran into some bad people, got into a car, hid away somewhere, even took a bus, etc.

If there was a struggle/abduction outside the home it was almost unbelievably clean and quiet. NO evidence? At all?

by Anonymousreply 125June 1, 2023 1:18 PM

A scheme for GoFundMe me cash? And the wife is in on it?

by Anonymousreply 126June 1, 2023 1:18 PM

Yes, the more I look at photos of him and the family the more something seems not right about him. His eyes, and that smile. Not in all the photos, but enough of them. And the job situation does seem sketchy. Something ain’t right. I don’t think we’re hearing the whole story.

by Anonymousreply 127June 1, 2023 1:23 PM

He's reselling thrift store finds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128June 1, 2023 1:27 PM

If he did run away from his family life of sound mind but wanted to keep people guessing, and had planned it all, this was of course the perfect time and moment to do so. This was part of his normal routine and he knew it well.

by Anonymousreply 129June 1, 2023 1:29 PM

He dead, girl.

by Anonymousreply 130June 1, 2023 1:30 PM

I have a hunch that he abandoned the family. Already had another phone and money set up somewhere, so he could leave behind his cell and wallet to make it look mysterious..

31 years old, a wife and four kids and presumably a mortgage, etc? That's a lot on two part-time jobs. Much easier to chuck it all and start over. Chickenshit, but hey, at least he didn't annihilate the family. These days, that's something, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 131June 1, 2023 1:31 PM

R128 what thread did you mean to post that in?

by Anonymousreply 132June 1, 2023 1:32 PM

Where’s is the bedroom in relation to the back yard? Does it face the back of the house? Couldn’t the wife have heard something? Even just a vehicle?

If there was a struggle or fight why did no one hear anything? Especially that early when it’s so quiet. Wouldn’t the dogs bark too?

by Anonymousreply 133June 1, 2023 1:34 PM

The wife had him killed and is covering it up.

by Anonymousreply 134June 1, 2023 1:36 PM

The water bottle is a red herring.

by Anonymousreply 135June 1, 2023 1:38 PM

R134 Not out of the realm of possibilities!

by Anonymousreply 136June 1, 2023 1:39 PM

Are there any big oil tanks nearby? Have we discovered an affair between mom and one of the local dads? When will they subpoena her cell records?

by Anonymousreply 137June 1, 2023 2:21 PM

[quote]Yes, the more I look at photos of him and the family the more something seems not right about him. His eyes, and that smile.

It's the Jehovah's Witness thing he has going on.

by Anonymousreply 138June 1, 2023 2:29 PM

CHECK THE CABINS !!

by Anonymousreply 139June 1, 2023 3:01 PM

Check the cottages!!

by Anonymousreply 140June 1, 2023 3:07 PM

If he took his wallet, I could believe he rendezvoused with someone he had been seeing on the side and he left to start a new life. If he left his wallet, I'd be looking at the wife to see if there was anything going on with her and another man.

by Anonymousreply 141June 1, 2023 3:14 PM

Will this be on Dateline in a couple of years?

by Anonymousreply 142June 1, 2023 3:14 PM

You’d think if he were intentionally going to meet someone in the woods he would’ve brought his phone to facilitate the meeting should someone get lost. He either was abandoning his family, rushing to a perceived emergency, or was sneaking out trying for a covert, unplanned “experience”.

by Anonymousreply 143June 1, 2023 3:15 PM

R52, It was a Denny's.

by Anonymousreply 144June 1, 2023 3:15 PM

bigfoot

Spring is just north of Houston

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145June 1, 2023 3:24 PM

The commentary/speculation in these comments sounds like a hillbilly Datalounge, Texas style.

Immediately to he's a down low gay who doesn't want to be found.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 1, 2023 3:29 PM

From the message board linked at R146:

[quote] My coworker's BIL ended up being a closet gay dude and just up and left his wife and two boys (6 and 8) one day without saying a word. Such a POS thing to do, but apparently this is kind of common with gay dudes in families with children. After seeing the pics of this dude, and combining that with the fact that he lives in The Woodlands, that's what I'm putting my money on.

by Anonymousreply 147June 1, 2023 3:54 PM

[quote]After seeing the pics of this dude,

So looking "off" or like "something isn't right" means gay.

by Anonymousreply 148June 1, 2023 3:57 PM

Do homos take, like, lots of long walks?

by Anonymousreply 149June 1, 2023 4:01 PM

Is there brackish water near the CABINS in Spring??!?!!!!

by Anonymousreply 150June 1, 2023 4:13 PM

Four kids by age 31??? What's the rush?

by Anonymousreply 151June 1, 2023 4:23 PM

Based on skimming this thread, my theories are:

1. He’s a little off, but nothing to do with his disappearance. He decided to go for a walk and met an alligator or a few young “bucks”.

2. The wife did it via someone else and planted the water bottle.

by Anonymousreply 152June 1, 2023 4:32 PM

Just yell out

HEY GURL!

or

MARY!

She'll pop up in mere moments.

by Anonymousreply 153June 1, 2023 4:38 PM

Suicide.

by Anonymousreply 154June 1, 2023 4:44 PM

R148 I’m pretty sure they mean “off” and “something isn’t right” in the context of him not appearing to fit comfortably within a heteronormative family unit.

by Anonymousreply 155June 1, 2023 4:45 PM

The gate being left open like that was a dramatic touch, no?

by Anonymousreply 156June 1, 2023 4:46 PM

He has to get to 50 loads before he finally goes back home.

it's taking him longer than a weekend.....

by Anonymousreply 157June 1, 2023 4:46 PM

R156 Yes! DRAMA QUEEN!

by Anonymousreply 158June 1, 2023 4:48 PM

stunt queen!

by Anonymousreply 159June 1, 2023 4:48 PM

THE

FRAU

DID

IT

by Anonymousreply 160June 1, 2023 4:49 PM

There aren’t alligators in the forests, R152. I wouldn’t rule out the wife or bucks, though.

by Anonymousreply 161June 1, 2023 4:49 PM

If the animals didn’t get him I’d eat his ass.

by Anonymousreply 162June 1, 2023 5:35 PM

[quote]Four kids by age 31??? What's the rush?

It's the South. They breed young.

by Anonymousreply 163June 1, 2023 5:36 PM

I’m seeing father of two in the news articles.

by Anonymousreply 164June 1, 2023 5:50 PM

Also from the comments.

[quote] Big "down low" community in The Woodlands. That's why we chose Cypress. Well that, home prices, and the commute. There's a reason they call it "Manther Creek". Stay away from those neighborhood parks after dusk.

Damn, shit is going on in Texas!

Also, yes to r164. not sure where "four kids" is coming from.

by Anonymousreply 165June 1, 2023 5:52 PM

She done it. She kilt him for gittin with mens. She hid the body 'til she kin find a wood chipper machine like in that old movie.

by Anonymousreply 166June 1, 2023 5:54 PM

R165 - some good comments on there!

[quote]Imagine you try to start running in the morning to fit some exercise in your busy life. You get eaten alive by an alligator on your first try and everyone on Texags concludes your a homo because you live near a Trader Joe's.

by Anonymousreply 167June 1, 2023 5:57 PM

Those comments are nuts. So many people are such dumb pieces of shit.

by Anonymousreply 168June 1, 2023 5:58 PM

[quote]Colby was last seen wearing grey Under Armour sneakers

Eeeew.

I didn't know Under Armour made sneakers.

by Anonymousreply 169June 1, 2023 6:03 PM

I feel like user "BG Knocc Out" is a Datalounger trolling on Texags, though, because I was NOT expecting his comments to go in THIS direction.

His first comment...

[quote]My coworker's BIL ended up being a closet gay dude and just up and left his wife and two boys (6 and 8) one day without saying a word. Such a POS thing to do, but apparently this is kind of common with gay dudes in families with children. After seeing the pics of this dude, and combining that with the fact that he lives in The Woodlands, that's what I'm putting my money on.

When users challenge him on this comment, his response is....

[quote]Big "down low" community in The Woodlands. That's why we chose Cypress. Well that, home prices, and the commute. There's a reason they call it "Manther Creek". Stay away from those neighborhood parks after dusk.

When a user asked him if he really chose to move to Cypress because of the down low community in The Woodlands, his first response was....

[quote]Mostly the commute and home prices, but can't say that wasn't at least a small factor.

Then, one user (presumably, somewhat jokingly) asked him if he was worried that closeted gay guys from The Woodlands were going to try to come onto to him in HEB grocery. And THIS was his response....

[quote]The wife and I sat down and discussed it and thought it would be best to avoid any possible temptations. You just never know. Anyways, let's get back to the thread, I didn't mean to contribute to derail.

😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 170June 1, 2023 6:05 PM

Matt Bomer, Jim Parsons, and Lee Pace all kidnapped him together to make him into their sex slave!

by Anonymousreply 171June 1, 2023 6:10 PM

The problem with taking early morning walks-- or even walking out your back gate to investigate an odd noise-- in an area like that, is that you run into people who are still "partying" from the night before. And God knows what they might do to get more money to keep the party going. I'm thinking a small group of 2 or 3 perps may have tried to rob him; then when they discovered he didn't have his wallet on him it got ugly, and they disposed of him.

by Anonymousreply 172June 1, 2023 6:38 PM

Texas is the only state in the US without zoning laws: one moment you're driving down a lovely tree-lined residential street, the next you're on a post-apocalyptic looking highway with shuttered businesses and groups of homeless people huddled under every overpass. The homeless situation is scary there, and this is coming from someone who lives in New York.

by Anonymousreply 173June 1, 2023 6:59 PM

Though it obviously isn't Florida or Louisiana, if you google "alligator" and "The Woodlands, Texas" you'll see they do have alligators and have had multiple alligator sightings in recent years.

Do we know if the trails behind their house have ponds, swamps or fresh waterways?

by Anonymousreply 174June 1, 2023 7:02 PM

So we had twink kid eaten by a shark and now twunk dad eaten by a gator?

by Anonymousreply 175June 1, 2023 7:21 PM

Dingo

by Anonymousreply 176June 1, 2023 7:35 PM

[quote] not sure where "four kids" is coming from

I think his wife already had two kids before she married him.

It's strange that she hasn't come forward in the media to say anything about her husband.

That she misses him, she wants him found, or even THANK YOU to all the people helping out with the search.

What a cunt.

At the very least, say thank you to the people who are working hard to look for your missing husband.

by Anonymousreply 177June 1, 2023 7:37 PM

That's cause the bitch KILLED HIM

by Anonymousreply 178June 1, 2023 7:38 PM

[quote]Matt Bomer, Jim Parsons, and Lee Pace all kidnapped him together to make him into their sex slave!

They wouldn't have had to kidnap me. I would have gone willingly into their dungeon!

by Anonymousreply 179June 1, 2023 7:42 PM

Something is off about the articles referencing, in their titles, that a search began "when the wife noticed something odd" that morning. Like she was painting the picture, if you know what I mean. Setting the scene. "It was a misty morning....Colby went on his normal mornin' walk as he usually does, although not always, but sometimes. And then.....I saw it. I saw the darndest thang. Our back gate was OPEN! Colby would NEVER leave our gate open..." It's just a bit...something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180June 1, 2023 7:51 PM

"This article originally stated that Colby Richards worked part-time at an engineering firm and part-time as a baseball coach. He works full-time at the engineering firm and part-time as a baseball coach. "

by Anonymousreply 181June 1, 2023 7:55 PM

[quote] . And then.....I saw it.

White shores…and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182June 1, 2023 7:56 PM

[quote] He works full-time at the engineering firm and part-time as a baseball coach.

Not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 183June 1, 2023 7:57 PM

He’s smelling cookies and the wife looks awfully butch.

She’s 4 years older, second marriage already, and not very attractive. She also sounds rather uneducated in the quotes she’s given the press. In other words— he married way down.

Lavender marriage.

Possible he decided to just disappear. If he’s an engineer, he’s probably organized enough to duplicate all his stuff (cards, phone, license) before leaving.

by Anonymousreply 184June 1, 2023 8:17 PM

What’s hilarious is all these freaks who either try to fake their own deaths OR fake an abduction of their spouses (a la Scott Peterson) all do it to avoid the messiness of divorce. But you can’t get messier than this!

by Anonymousreply 185June 1, 2023 8:20 PM

so these are DL conclusions:

he did things that morning that weren't normal so this means he is 100% gay.

The wife must have done something to him because she is not attractive enough for DL and she is a few years older than him.

please, don't any of you ever go into detective work and it would be good if you could find a way of not having to serve on a jury if you are called.

by Anonymousreply 186June 1, 2023 8:21 PM

[quote] What’s hilarious is all these freaks who either try to fake their own deaths OR fake an abduction of their spouses (a la Scott Peterson) all do it to avoid the messiness of divorce. But you can’t get messier than this!

Actually, it can.

-Shan'ann Watts

by Anonymousreply 187June 1, 2023 8:25 PM

This is absolutely a Grindr or Scruff hookup gone wrong.

by Anonymousreply 188June 1, 2023 8:26 PM

I can't imagine how anyone in this day and age could make themselves disappear and start a new life under an alias somewhere else. How would you even begin to do that in this modern technological world?

by Anonymousreply 189June 1, 2023 8:32 PM

Marry me, R186!

by Anonymousreply 190June 1, 2023 8:51 PM

r184 r185

by Anonymousreply 191June 1, 2023 8:53 PM

Sure are a lot of big teeth in this marriage. Oh, and the satellites have confirmed his gayness from space.

by Anonymousreply 192June 1, 2023 8:58 PM

I don't know for sure, but I suspect there aren't a lot of Grindr and Scruff hookups at 5 or 6 in the morning. That seems more an evening or late night activity. A certain dim lighting is a help in many such encounters, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 193June 1, 2023 9:36 PM

What if the search team accidentally finds Julian Sands instead? It could involve UFO's.

by Anonymousreply 194June 1, 2023 9:59 PM

R189: let's hope he knows Fortran to survive in this busy and modern world.

by Anonymousreply 195June 1, 2023 10:04 PM

[quote]I don't know for sure, but I suspect there aren't a lot of Grindr and Scruff hookups at 5 or 6 in the morning.

There are a lot at those hours.

Starting the day with some elaborate early.morning routine of gym and driving to get a coffee and taking the dog for a walk, oh, and an online hookup all hours before normal people start their work day is a much better cover than doing those things at midnight.

Early morning speaks to ingenuity, to the healthy pursuit of ambition. Late night speaks to shadiness and suspicion -- and your hours at the gym are not added up so charitably.

Apps are very much active at those hours.

by Anonymousreply 196June 1, 2023 10:24 PM

I think the youth baseball thing implies that another family had a problem with him not playing their kid, or some other coaching beef, not that he's a pedo. Baseball is even more serious than football here. (That hottie Amendola is from that area). Also, I think the "bad areas" probably refers to neighborhoods where black or Hispanic people live. There are a few out there, though generally the area is "redneck with a small bit of money." A lot of energy companies are hq'ed in the Woodlands but this family seems more baseball redneck than that.

by Anonymousreply 197June 1, 2023 10:24 PM

Actually, that does make sense r196. I'm so not a morning person, it's probably shaping my whole view of this thing.

by Anonymousreply 198June 1, 2023 10:49 PM

Interesting. Another male disappeared in the very early hours of the morning while on a Ft. Worth, TX hiking trail on May 19th. A lone water bottle beside the trail was the only initial clue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199June 1, 2023 10:56 PM

[quote] I suspect there aren't a lot of Grindr and Scruff hookups at 5 or 6 in the morning.

My experiences were pre-app days, but I often hooked up with down low daddies or married men at those hours. It was easier to meet then for most of them than to justify being late coming home from work.

by Anonymousreply 200June 1, 2023 10:57 PM

Similarities?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201June 1, 2023 10:57 PM

R199 Oops, I posted that wrong. The hiker was FROM Ft. Worth. He disappeared in Houston area.

by Anonymousreply 202June 1, 2023 10:58 PM

R201 Wow!

by Anonymousreply 203June 1, 2023 11:00 PM

Ok, what the actual fuck?!

by Anonymousreply 204June 1, 2023 11:04 PM

Damn r201. This is odd:

[quote] Authorities do not believe there is foul play involved at this time. It is believed Berardi may have had a friend pick him up and been driven to a different location.

Not sure where that came from.

by Anonymousreply 205June 1, 2023 11:10 PM

I think he lost his mind and got lost in the woods and died of heat.

Where is Oracle?

by Anonymousreply 206June 1, 2023 11:33 PM

"He just found a new part time job as an engineer, and was a part time coach? How does someone make a living to support a family doing that?"

And there was a house with a yard, too, and part-time jobs aren't going to cover that! So my guess is that the wife was the chief breadwinner, and was doing all or most of the childcare and housework, while he went for walks and played sports. And that's why she killed him.

The body is anywhere except the nearby woods.

by Anonymousreply 207June 1, 2023 11:37 PM

[quote] I don't know for sure, but I suspect there aren't a lot of Grindr and Scruff hookups at 5 or 6 in the morning.

Oh, honey.

You have no idea.

My straight fuck buddy insists on early morning hookups, because it's the only time his wife won't suspect him of cheating.

He just says he's leaving for work.

by Anonymousreply 208June 1, 2023 11:39 PM

His behavior is so odd, I think she had her bf abduct him and sent him swimming with the fish in the local lake.

by Anonymousreply 209June 1, 2023 11:42 PM

R208 Yup.

Married men also love that it's pretty clear that things have to be quick - not two pump chump quick, but there's no messiness about anyone leaving too early or not kissing or sucking or doing whatever enough or....should I stay or go. There's a focus on experiencing the pleasure and enjoying it for whatever time is available.

And most older men I know (35+) have more functional cocks in the morning. They're refreshed from sleep and raring to go.

by Anonymousreply 210June 1, 2023 11:51 PM

R202 Ratcliff is 130mi from Houston. It’s in Houston County, but Houston, TX is in Harris County.

by Anonymousreply 211June 1, 2023 11:59 PM

R186 Please learn to write in English.

by Anonymousreply 212June 2, 2023 1:16 AM

"I'm so not"

R198 You are so not an intelligent person.

by Anonymousreply 213June 2, 2023 1:17 AM

Early morning f**** have always been a thing for as long as I've been hooking up. And that's going on like 25 years now.

by Anonymousreply 214June 2, 2023 1:19 AM

He took a walk.

by Anonymousreply 215June 2, 2023 1:20 AM

[quote] f****

?

by Anonymousreply 216June 2, 2023 1:33 AM

R216 Gee, I wonder what that word could be?!

by Anonymousreply 217June 2, 2023 1:55 AM

R214 This isn't the Weekly Reader, dear. You can use grown up words here.

by Anonymousreply 218June 2, 2023 1:57 AM

My voice to text automatically censors me so f*** off.

by Anonymousreply 219June 2, 2023 1:59 AM

He's fine! He sends his love!

by Anonymousreply 220June 2, 2023 2:01 AM

R155 : It's because of his weird face and unnatural facial expression.

by Anonymousreply 221June 2, 2023 2:34 AM

He needs a good buckfucking.

by Anonymousreply 222June 2, 2023 2:40 AM

Were any Soft Butch Sous Chefs in the area? DL will solve this case.

by Anonymousreply 223June 2, 2023 4:45 AM

R223, ask R19. He may have already solved it.

by Anonymousreply 224June 2, 2023 4:48 AM

Has Julian Sands commented?

by Anonymousreply 225June 2, 2023 4:52 AM

I’m doubting there was foul play here. It looks to me like a body will turn up somewhere hidden (suicide), or more likely he’ll have run off for whatever reason (in which case he may never be found). The family seems to have a lot of skeletons in their closets.

by Anonymousreply 226June 2, 2023 11:29 AM

If he did run off, imagine all those people from the community that volunteered for the search parties are gonna be piiiiiiissed!

by Anonymousreply 227June 2, 2023 11:30 AM

As someone pointed out above, in today’s highly technological times it’s much harder to just vanish. There are cameras everywhere. Leaving his cell phone and wallet was a good start though. He really had to have put a lot of thought into this.

by Anonymousreply 228June 2, 2023 11:32 AM

[quote] In today’s highly technological times it’s much harder to just vanish. There are cameras everywhere. Leaving his cell phone and wallet was a good start though

I never thought about it, but leaving the phone behind was smart, if he just wants to vanish.

Now, no one can ping his phone and try to locate him.

It's starting to look more like his disappearance was deliberate.

by Anonymousreply 229June 2, 2023 11:35 AM

In some photos he looks like the singer from Haircut 100.

by Anonymousreply 230June 2, 2023 11:36 AM

R230 Nick Heyward was so hot

by Anonymousreply 231June 2, 2023 11:40 AM

Re: the part-time job. Someone posted it earlier, but a news outlet corrected that and said he worked FULL-TIME as an engineer and PART-TIME as the coach.

by Anonymousreply 232June 2, 2023 12:14 PM

Um yeah it was probably pretty deliberate. He's the one that left.

On his insta he looks sad.

by Anonymousreply 233June 2, 2023 12:20 PM

First impression:

The phone and wallet being left behind makes me suspect the wife. (The story about the gate would be a lie.) Investigators need to do the deepest dive into her cellphone, its movements, her social media, and questioning her friends/ coworkers/ acquaintances.

I've probably been watching too much ID Network.

by Anonymousreply 234June 2, 2023 1:02 PM

Did the police immediately go after Him the minute the wife called saying the. A k hate was left open? Or did she have to wait 72 hours like anyone else

by Anonymousreply 235June 2, 2023 2:37 PM

* the gate open

by Anonymousreply 236June 2, 2023 2:37 PM

Don’t hate the A k!

by Anonymousreply 237June 2, 2023 2:38 PM

I'm thinking the wife. The gate is a rouse to make it look like maybe he was abducted. If he had been planning to leave, there's no way he'd leave his phone and his wallet. She also planted the water bottle.

by Anonymousreply 238June 2, 2023 2:55 PM

Why, though, R238?

IF she did it, WHY did she do it?

by Anonymousreply 239June 2, 2023 2:57 PM

r239 She was over the relationship for whatever reason, maybe she met someone else, maybe she was sick of supporting him, maybe she caught him with someone else, who knows? We won't know the details until she's arrested.

by Anonymousreply 240June 2, 2023 3:03 PM

Ok but what about the other missing Texas guy that R201 posted upthread?

Vincent Berardi left his house at 5:30am on May 23, with a water bottle which was found at a trail head. The following day this guy Colby leaves his house with a water bottle at 5:30am. And his water bottle is then found at a trail head. And now both are missing.

They lived 100 miles apart.

WTF???????

by Anonymousreply 241June 2, 2023 4:33 PM

"The Mystery of the Water Bottle Muggers," by Carolyn Keene.

by Anonymousreply 242June 2, 2023 4:45 PM

Call Hercule Poirot

by Anonymousreply 243June 2, 2023 5:09 PM

R241 I agree! Many similarities. I wonder if there are others?

by Anonymousreply 244June 2, 2023 5:32 PM

Hmm… another serial killer?

by Anonymousreply 245June 2, 2023 5:33 PM

R241 Copycat crime set up by the wife.

by Anonymousreply 246June 2, 2023 5:37 PM

R246 Ohhh… she’s good.

by Anonymousreply 247June 2, 2023 5:44 PM

[quote] Hmm… another serial killer?

Given that it was before breakfast, perhaps it’s a cereal killer.

by Anonymousreply 248June 2, 2023 5:46 PM

[quote] The gate is a rouse

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 249June 2, 2023 5:53 PM

She killed him and they can look all they want to in that woods or WTF ever it is, but she killed him and took him somewhere to dump him. The elaborate story about the gate being open is an indication she is talking too much. Now motive? Maybe he is Gay and was hooking up. Maybe there was insurance involved. Maybe they fought and he hit her and she went after him and it was an accident. See if it was an accident it's the cover up that'll get her. They need to go over his coaching and job stuff with a fine tooth comb to see if he had an affair or two. Maybe he got himself in trouble while coaching. I agree with R234, R238, and I have to say, R241, I think she got the idea from that. So I also agree with R246. They're gonna find his body. Did they check their vehicles for mud or stuff? Make a mold of the tire tracks to compare with others they may find? Did they check for blood or evidence in her trunk?

by Anonymousreply 250June 2, 2023 6:07 PM

[quote] Did they check their vehicles for mud or stuff? Make a mold of the tire tracks to compare with others they may find? Did they check for blood or evidence in her trunk?

There's no way they've thought of those things - better call them to let them know.

by Anonymousreply 251June 2, 2023 6:11 PM

If someone murdered them I think they would have gotten rid of the water bottles which leads me back to bigfoot. So many sightings in those areas over the years.

by Anonymousreply 252June 2, 2023 6:36 PM

How could she lug his dead anywhere?

by Anonymousreply 253June 2, 2023 6:39 PM

His dead?

by Anonymousreply 254June 2, 2023 6:39 PM

[quote] She killed him and they can look all they want to in that woods or WTF ever it is, but she killed him and took him somewhere to dump him. The elaborate story about the gate being open is an indication she is talking too much

Killer cunt.

Lock her up and FRY her!

by Anonymousreply 255June 2, 2023 6:40 PM

R253 maybe she and her husband went in the car together to some spot and she killed him. She could have drugged him then killed him.How far do these people live from water?

by Anonymousreply 256June 2, 2023 6:43 PM

Double Indemnity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 257June 2, 2023 6:44 PM

If she did do it, you can bet she’s spinning her victim narrative web now. Women have zero accountability and always think they’re justified to commit the most heinous acts.

by Anonymousreply 258June 2, 2023 6:44 PM

R258, and yet 90% of homicides are committed by men

by Anonymousreply 259June 2, 2023 6:47 PM

I think he tripped on a rock and hit his head.

by Anonymousreply 260June 2, 2023 6:50 PM

R259 actually men only commit murders at seven times the rate of women. But we know this is the one time that you gals will get homophobic and say that all those women are actually just trans.

by Anonymousreply 261June 2, 2023 6:55 PM

Fuck off, r258. Are you mad at your mom today?

by Anonymousreply 262June 2, 2023 6:57 PM

R262 no, did your Dad molest you?

by Anonymousreply 263June 2, 2023 6:59 PM

You know, it is highly possible that women are undercounted in the murder department. I accept and believe the fact that most murders are committed by men, but I also feel like women get away with it more than they should.

by Anonymousreply 264June 2, 2023 7:12 PM

R264, in every country on planet earth women commit fewer homicides than men, even in countries where there are few homicides that go unsolved (which demolishes the "undercounted" argument)

by Anonymousreply 265June 2, 2023 7:27 PM

WHAAAAAAAAAATTTT??? Well thank God.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266June 2, 2023 8:31 PM

“Montgomery County Sheriff's Office can confirm that Colby Richards has been found safe walking in the area of Research Forest and Kuykendahl, The Woodlands. Mr. Richards is being evaluated by MCHD medics and a Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Mental Health Unit.

Detectives will eventually speak with Colby Richards about the circumstances surrounding his disappearance; however, it will be some time before he is interviewed.

Thank you to our community, Montgomery County Search and Rescue, DPS, and all the volunteers who aided in the search for Mr. Richards.”

MONTGOMERY COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE

by Anonymousreply 267June 2, 2023 8:32 PM

Did he pull a Sherri Papini?

by Anonymousreply 268June 2, 2023 8:32 PM

Laughing at all the Men's Rights Activists who insisted his wife killed him

by Anonymousreply 269June 2, 2023 8:32 PM

Wow…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270June 2, 2023 8:34 PM

Well, r266, I just came to comment that a missing male has a far greater chance of being found alive than a missing female, and Voila!

by Anonymousreply 271June 2, 2023 8:35 PM

Wasn’t expecting to see this!

by Anonymousreply 272June 2, 2023 8:36 PM

Co-workers of missing dad of 2 Colby Richards say he was ‘zoning out’ for days before mysteriously vanishing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273June 2, 2023 8:39 PM

Can’t wait to hear the details. So far, we can only surmise he disappeared because: he went nuts.

by Anonymousreply 274June 2, 2023 8:41 PM

It could be medically related.

by Anonymousreply 275June 2, 2023 8:46 PM

I'm guessing fugue state. Decades ago, I worked for a mental health crisis facility in a rural county in Northern California. The county hospital sent us a well dressed woman who was found wandering in the street. Very pleasant, if a bit dim. She couldn't recall how she got there, but fortunately had ID. She was from Utah and clearly struggling with memory issues. Over her two week stay she did regain memory. We put her on a bus back home to her family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276June 2, 2023 8:46 PM

The only logical explanation is that he spiraled into a delusional state in an effort to escape the weight of his family. They really do look a bit chubby compared to him.

by Anonymousreply 277June 2, 2023 8:49 PM

It’s okay to admit you’re just a tiny bit disappointed

by Anonymousreply 278June 2, 2023 8:50 PM

Attention whore cunt!

by Anonymousreply 279June 2, 2023 9:26 PM

Leaving the gate open like that was the biggest tell.

Da-RAMA!

by Anonymousreply 280June 2, 2023 9:38 PM

R278, damn right I’m disappointed. I wanted something much more interesting from this story.

by Anonymousreply 281June 2, 2023 10:30 PM

R281 Agree. As soon as I saw this I was like, “Damn.”

by Anonymousreply 282June 2, 2023 10:42 PM

More dirt will “come out.”

by Anonymousreply 283June 2, 2023 10:43 PM

It's interesting that the parents of children he coached were asked to be interviewed, even those he'd coached in the past. But a family member who spoke to coworkers who said he looked tired and zoned out at his computer had to contact the police with the information about his possible state of mind before they interviewed them. Huh? Wouldn't you go to those who spend eight hours a day first rather than parents who have more limited contact and interaction?

Maybe police jumped on the homophobic angle first?

by Anonymousreply 284June 2, 2023 10:51 PM

So, the doofus got lost in the woods?

by Anonymousreply 285June 2, 2023 10:52 PM

R285 Yeah, yeah that’s what happened!

by Anonymousreply 286June 2, 2023 10:53 PM

Well this is very anticlimactic, and I think you owe us all an apology Mister Richards!

Unless it included an "encounter," in which case you owe us size meat verificatia.

by Anonymousreply 287June 2, 2023 10:55 PM

I hope he had his Kula cloth with him.

by Anonymousreply 288June 2, 2023 11:02 PM

Were his drawers soiled?

by Anonymousreply 289June 2, 2023 11:02 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290June 2, 2023 11:08 PM

So much for that Lifetime movie.

by Anonymousreply 291June 3, 2023 12:26 AM

See you at practice, kids!

by Anonymousreply 292June 3, 2023 12:46 AM

[quote] See you at practice, kids!

Rofl.

Bright and early, Monday morning!

by Anonymousreply 293June 3, 2023 12:53 AM

After my morning walk!

by Anonymousreply 294June 3, 2023 12:54 AM

I’m glad he was found safe!

by Anonymousreply 295June 3, 2023 12:55 AM

Speak for yourself, R295. I wanted drama!

by Anonymousreply 296June 3, 2023 1:06 AM

[quote] however, it will be some time before he is interviewed.

Wonder why. If it's because of dehydration and lack of food causing disorientation, I wonder what the working theory is on how he became that lost and wandering, and why his water bottle was dropped so close to where he lives.

The cousin had said that his tiredness at work was likely due to having two very young kids at home contributing to a lack of sleep, and she said that he has never been diagnosed with a health or mental health problem. Strange story, but good news for the family now. That must have been a nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 297June 3, 2023 4:28 AM

Love’s Truck Stop, exit 71. Far bathrooms, last stall on the left. Nice cut cock. Very polite. I can tell you where the mole is.

by Anonymousreply 298June 3, 2023 4:47 AM

Locked in a cupboard by the male side piece.

by Anonymousreply 299June 3, 2023 4:49 AM

r297 - Acute stress has been implicated in the development of dissociative fugue states, so his co-workers accounts ring true. It seems like he was moving in that direction. He acquired a new family at a very young age and at 32 was dealing with family life and dealing with shitty, demanding TX baseball parents. Those two factors despite being told to ",deal with it" might have been enough to put him 'round the bend.

I hope that the discrediting of "Sybil-like" multiple personalities doesn't discredit someone like this. There was duress and probably a vulnerability. Dissociation does exist, but not in dramatic Sybil-like properties..

by Anonymousreply 300June 3, 2023 6:35 AM

Interesting, R300. Helps explain this unusual event.

by Anonymousreply 301June 3, 2023 10:34 AM

In a box as a Gimp.

by Anonymousreply 302June 3, 2023 11:16 AM

Wait he found?

by Anonymousreply 303June 3, 2023 11:19 AM

So he had a mental breakdown. Rough.

by Anonymousreply 304June 3, 2023 11:59 AM

Bless him, people don't give enough attention to how much stress men are under these days.

by Anonymousreply 305June 3, 2023 11:59 AM

R303 "Wait he found?" Are you attempting to say "Was he found?" I wonder if you meant, "Wait, he has been found?"

If you are capable of reading even 1/5 of the threads above yours, you would know that the missing person has been found.

by Anonymousreply 306June 3, 2023 12:00 PM

How long was he gone for?

by Anonymousreply 307June 3, 2023 12:04 PM

R307 a week

by Anonymousreply 308June 3, 2023 12:06 PM

R308 How did he eat? A week is a long time.

He looks a bit too skinny for Ozempic…

by Anonymousreply 309June 3, 2023 1:08 PM

R308 poor guy. And his pinga must have been kicking out a right pong!

by Anonymousreply 310June 3, 2023 1:09 PM

Didn't this "Texas dad" vanish BEFORE "wife makes odd discovery in backyard"??

by Anonymousreply 311June 3, 2023 1:18 PM

Yeah good question. How did he eat and get water? Scavenging through the odd dumpster, and streams?

by Anonymousreply 312June 3, 2023 1:31 PM

R312 Jism has a lot of protein.

by Anonymousreply 313June 3, 2023 1:35 PM

This could start to get interesting again as stories are told. He was found walking in the area of Research Forest and The Woodlands, wherever that is. No more information available for now. So he was just out there wandering around in the woods for a week?

Okay.

by Anonymousreply 314June 3, 2023 1:38 PM

I'm thinking fling, bender, or someone gave him some pills and said they were fun.

Or maybe he couldn't take one more hour of screaming kids.

by Anonymousreply 315June 3, 2023 1:39 PM

When people want to go, let them go

by Anonymousreply 316June 3, 2023 1:40 PM

Ambien has made people disassociate but a week seems pretty long. Most likely he had a sudden psychotic break due to stress. My sister who had no prior mental illness went wandering off one day saying she was walking to her friend's house (who lived in another state.) We jumped in the car to follow her but she screamed at us that she would call the cops if we didn't leave her alone. That gave us the idea to call the cops, who took her to the emergency room. If we hadn't been there when she went charging off she could have easily been lost for weeks.

by Anonymousreply 317June 3, 2023 1:42 PM

The poor wife had to endure a week of being a DL "person of interest" - not only as murderer or accessory to murder, but worse... beard!

by Anonymousreply 318June 3, 2023 1:48 PM

The family will draw up the mote bridges. The wife who has been a scarcity will say no more now, leaving it to the (sister was it?) as family spokesperson to issue a short public thanks and call for privacy at this time.

And it will be years before anything more is heard of any of them.

by Anonymousreply 319June 3, 2023 1:57 PM

R314, The Woodlands is a pricey suburb of Houston. I have in-laws there.

by Anonymousreply 320June 3, 2023 1:59 PM

Twitter is divided into two camps.

There’s the optimistic, “Praise Jesus! Good work everyone! He’s found alive! They’re a family again! I love happy endings!” Crowd.

Then there’s the cynical, “Um, there’s still a lot of unexplained shit. They’re still hiding something. This doesn’t add up. This family is deeply dysfunctional.” Crowd.

by Anonymousreply 321June 3, 2023 2:06 PM

He may have been found in a badly dehydrated and malnourished state. He could survive for that length of time, but he’d physically be a wreck.

by Anonymousreply 322June 3, 2023 2:09 PM

R314, Research Forest and Kuykendahl, where he was found, are STREETS. The city is called The Woodlands. And it’s not that heavily wooded anymore, due to development. I’m guessing he was dropped off by there, or was hiding and confused for some medical reason.

by Anonymousreply 323June 3, 2023 3:24 PM

There is probably a pre-existing severe and documented physical or mental health issue the wife communicated to the police in the initial call. They just didn’t want to advertise it. Doubt the guy didn’t pulled a Shari Pappini, he is probably sick.

by Anonymousreply 324June 3, 2023 3:35 PM

R271 Cameron Robbins disagrees with you.

by Anonymousreply 325June 3, 2023 3:39 PM

[quote]R269: Laughing at all the Men's Rights Activists who insisted his wife killed him

My suggestion at R234 has nothing to do with MRA, or any belief in the inherent guilt of women. That fact is that statistically speaking, murder is generally done by a spouse or other near relative rather than by strangers. If it were she who was missing, we'd have no difficulty in suspecting the surviving spouse. And technically, it probably wouldn't have been her alone, but her and whoever she hired, or her as-yet-undiscovered lover/partner who helped carry it out. She'd have needed help to do it.

by Anonymousreply 326June 3, 2023 3:43 PM

R59's post seems to have anticipated this outcome; somebody knew something. I don't have Facebook, so I can't look at the post in situ.

by Anonymousreply 327June 3, 2023 3:50 PM

R318, The beard theory is not (yet) refuted.

by Anonymousreply 328June 3, 2023 4:22 PM

Found him safe!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329June 3, 2023 4:26 PM

R329. Where the fuck have you been?

by Anonymousreply 330June 3, 2023 4:29 PM

I think "beard theory" might be misnaming "wild guess based on nothing at all."

by Anonymousreply 331June 3, 2023 4:35 PM

One of the rare happy ending stories.

by Anonymousreply 332June 3, 2023 4:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333June 3, 2023 4:47 PM

Was he found fully padded?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334June 3, 2023 4:47 PM

R326, men are usually killed by other men, not women

You're playing the "women have it easy" card but you guys are making excuses for him just because he's an attractive man. Dissociative fugue, my ass. If this was a woman, you'd compare her to Sherri Papini

by Anonymousreply 335June 3, 2023 6:07 PM

Research Forest and Kuykendahl are pretty well traveled roads. I find it hard to believe that search teams couldn't find him or he wasn't seen by anyone. I think he was picked up and dropped off.

by Anonymousreply 336June 3, 2023 6:37 PM

It's still the wife's fault.

He went from an easy going guy in his 20's, to having two step kids and two kids of his own.

FOUR kids at 31 years old, and then coaching more kids at basketball practice.

I'd have a nervous breakdown too!

by Anonymousreply 337June 3, 2023 7:30 PM

Pretty sure she didn't force him to get married or become a dad

by Anonymousreply 338June 3, 2023 7:40 PM

A man will just kill you, a woman will mentally abuse you for a decade until you kill yourself.

by Anonymousreply 339June 3, 2023 7:40 PM

Live by the pussy, die by the cunt.

by Anonymousreply 340June 3, 2023 7:41 PM

And yet plenty of gay men have been killed by grindr tricks. Live by the cock...

by Anonymousreply 341June 3, 2023 7:46 PM

You’re right R341

Women are infallible

by Anonymousreply 342June 3, 2023 7:48 PM

You think men are infallible

by Anonymousreply 343June 3, 2023 7:53 PM

“Dirty, and drinking from a garden hose.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344June 3, 2023 7:54 PM

R343 no, but you’re sure trying to project that belief onto me.

There is a difference between a drunk redneck abuser and nerdy incel engineers.

by Anonymousreply 345June 3, 2023 7:57 PM

ALL MEN WHO ARE NOT COMPLETELY EMASCULATED AND HUGE HOMOSEXUALS AKA QUEERS ARE EVIL RAPIST, MURDERERS!

by Anonymousreply 346June 3, 2023 7:58 PM

You're the one demonizing women while accusing me of demonizing men

by Anonymousreply 347June 3, 2023 8:00 PM

But ya are, Blanche! R347

by Anonymousreply 348June 3, 2023 8:03 PM

The mindfuck Frau at R347 is a great example of subtle mental abuse.

“You're the one demonizing women while accusing me of demonizing men”

AKA I’m good, you’re bad. I’m right, you’re wrong.

“YOU ARE DOING IT, I AM NOT DOING ANYTHING, SIMPLY BEING ACCUSED BY YOU!”

by Anonymousreply 349June 3, 2023 8:05 PM

🐂💩

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350June 3, 2023 8:06 PM

So… he ran away. Then later changed his mind. He returned to the area he knew people were looking for him and smeared dirt on himself and drank from a garden hose and made himself “visible.”

by Anonymousreply 351June 3, 2023 8:13 PM

The “spaced out at work” thing may have been a ruse. He could have been planning this all along.

by Anonymousreply 352June 3, 2023 8:14 PM

[quote] So… he ran away. Then later changed his mind. He returned to the area he knew people were looking for him and smeared dirt on himself and drank from a garden hose and made himself “visible.”

He's a keeper!

And don't forget basketball practice on Monday!

[quote] The “spaced out at work” thing may have been a ruse. He could have been planning this all along.

Planning what, exactly? His great escape?

Crappy plan, if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 353June 3, 2023 8:16 PM

R351, probably. But some people will run with the "dissociative fugue" thing to give him an out

by Anonymousreply 354June 3, 2023 8:25 PM

I think it’s safe to say he isn’t exactly MENSA-qualified.

by Anonymousreply 355June 3, 2023 8:29 PM

So in summation, ladies and gentlemen of the jury: he's a gay, nerdy, incel with a wife and kids who ran away from home because his wife was going to kill him because of his habit of running into the woods and having sex and leaving the gate open but he changed his mind and decided to spray water on himself instead before returning home.

Please find my client, nay, please find ALL WOMEN EVERYWHERE, guilty of murder, or fraudom, or something. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 356June 3, 2023 8:30 PM

Have people on this thread ever heard of Occam's Razor?

by Anonymousreply 357June 3, 2023 8:50 PM

I agree with a post above, I think we’ll hear very little about the whole matter when someone does speak to the press. And after that, the family will clam up and we’ll never really learn any details. it will all be kept private.

I think they’ve had a taste of the unrelenting eye of public attention, and don’t want any more.

by Anonymousreply 358June 3, 2023 8:51 PM

As it should be, r358. It's a private family matter.

[QUOTE]if this was a woman, you'd compare her to Sherri Papini

Why do you believe that? There was ton of information about Papini that came out even before she was found that make her look like a dubious person, to say the least. Old SM posts declaring "white pride," past incidents of bizarre attention seeking including a previous disappearance, theft from her mother, kicking down the backdoor of the family home, etc. Judging from her mother's SM posts (very breezy "Hey, if you want a a recommendation for good Mexican...), she probably suspected he daughter pulled another fast one. Her story became suspect the moment she opened her mouth and the sheriff knew it.

From what we know, this guy was all-American boring. Yes, the family clammed up, but there isn't a trail of receipts of past anti-social behavior, unlike Papini. He likely has some mental health issues and he and his family are entitled to privacy.

So, no, if Colby were a woman he wouldn't be compared to Papini.

by Anonymousreply 359June 3, 2023 9:17 PM

R356 Eh, you tried

by Anonymousreply 360June 3, 2023 9:58 PM

I bet he'd been using a water hose the entire week...and worked up a thirst.

by Anonymousreply 361June 3, 2023 10:01 PM

[quote] So in summation, ladies and gentlemen of the jury: he's a gay, nerdy, incel with a wife and kids who ran away from home because his wife was going to kill him because of his habit of running into the woods and having sex and leaving the gate open but he changed his mind and decided to spray water on himself instead before returning home.

That's a better story than the actual story.

by Anonymousreply 362June 3, 2023 10:02 PM

Spaced out at work = high

by Anonymousreply 363June 3, 2023 10:33 PM

"[R269]: Laughing at all the Men's Rights Activists who insisted his wife killed him"

I said I suspected the wife above, and I am the opposite of an MRA nutball. It's just that I know a lot of straight married women, and at least half of them are about one wet toilet seat away from killing their husbands.

by Anonymousreply 364June 3, 2023 10:48 PM

He hates his life. He wants the free fuck life again.

That's why he does drugs. That's why he ran away. The drugs told him there was a portal in the woods.

by Anonymousreply 365June 3, 2023 11:11 PM

[quote]R335: [R326], men are usually killed by other men, not women... You're playing the "women have it easy" card but you guys are making excuses for him just because he's an attractive man. Dissociative fugue, my ass. If this was a woman, you'd compare her to Sherri Papini

You clearly didn't anything I posted at R326; you're addressing things said by others in the thread, not me.

by Anonymousreply 366June 3, 2023 11:11 PM

Someone keep posting about "fugue states", and while that's a possibility, it's FAR more likely that he just tried to get the fuck way from the hellish life he'd made for himself, as the suburban dad of young children.

Parents of children of screaming age all claim they're happy but appear to be 100% miserable, the women more than the men because the men feel free to blow off childcare and housework, but most of the men feel unloved and trapped. Once the thrill of new parenthood has worn off the dads realize small children are self-centered rather than adoring, and their wives have stopped expressing much affection (largely because they're doing all the housework and childcare that the husband has blown off), and that their life is now all responsibility and no reward. So some dads get out and attempt to regain their personal happiness, through divorce or affairs or ignoring the fam while they game, or actually just walking out one morning.

I don't know what he was running to, whether it was a mistress, drugs, the Mexican border, or dick, but he realized that in today's world you can't run. Because yes, running away from personal unhappiness is FAR more likely than a fugue state.

by Anonymousreply 367June 3, 2023 11:16 PM

FUBAR state is more like it

by Anonymousreply 368June 3, 2023 11:18 PM

@R366, "didn't 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 anything"

by Anonymousreply 369June 3, 2023 11:20 PM

Seriously, you think literally running into the woods is the best strategy for running away from your problems r367? That not hopping into the car, and taking his phone, might not be a slightly more likely way to do that? That throwing away a water bottle was all part of the plan?

Yes, I think the best explanation remains that somehow he got disoriented and wandered off and then just couldn't get back or forgot what he was doing or something. I know that isn't as fun but it is much more likely than any DL fantasy being spun out.

Also, I don't think parents with screaming age kids all claim to be happy. They claim to be putting up with some obnoxious and annoying shit, which hopefully gets better, because they love their kids. Some do abandon them, and that's actually pretty fucking awful, but most somehow manage to stick it out, as hopefully your parents did.

by Anonymousreply 370June 3, 2023 11:24 PM

R370, it's the "fugue state" crap that is bullshit. DL fantasy from MRAs who would never give a woman the benefit of the doubt that way - they'd assume she willingly left even though men are more likely to voluntarily disappear than women

by Anonymousreply 371June 4, 2023 12:02 AM

"Seriously, you think literally running into the woods is the best strategy for running away from your problems [R367]? "

What the hell did I say about "best strategies"? It was idiotic! No, if he was running away from his problems, and not off his head in some natural or chemically assisted way, then running off without his wallet was probably an impulsive act. Because anyone who's actively planned to run off and start new life, takes their important documents and empties the family bank account first.

And if it was an impulse, the act of a man who couldn't take one more scream from those damn kids, and who then realized it wasn't that easy. He came back, and whatever story he tells the world is going to be bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 372June 4, 2023 12:13 AM

Actually, r371, I'm a female (if you don't believe me, check my history and recent post on the Elliott Page/gay bars thread). You probably won't believe me about this either, but here goes -- I have a doctorate in Clinical Psychology, though it was never my intent to be a clinician. The thought of being faculty rapidly became unappealing, so after my internship I went into research in the private sector. But thanks for your lame attempt at clairvoyance. MRA. Tee, hee.

Speaking of bullshit,

[QUOTE]I don't know what he was running to, whether it was a mistress, drugs, the Mexican border, or dick, but he realized that in today's world you can't run

You know engineers do possess a modicum of intelligence, right? And that they're aware of many of the latest technological advancements. Geek stuff, you know? And if you buy the stereotype, they're pretty squared away and logical problem solvers, approaching tasks in a thoughtful and certainly not impulsive manner. So he decides to bolt, leaves the house with nothing but his clothes and seemingly no plans expecting a successful getaway? And despite his wealth of knowledge suddenly realizes "Oopsie. I can't run away in the modern world!" Uh, huh.

by Anonymousreply 373June 4, 2023 12:30 AM

R373, are you the one who keeps bringing up "fugue states"?

Look, I don't dispute the existence of fugue states or discount that as a possibility.

I just think that stupid decisions, unhappy families, and street drugs are a lot more common than fugue states.

by Anonymousreply 374June 4, 2023 12:33 AM

They are a lot more common, r374, but the police began their search within hours. That doesn't happen without good reason. It might not have been a fugue state, but there is almost certainly a mental health crisis involved.

by Anonymousreply 375June 4, 2023 1:08 AM

Dehydration, malnutrition, sleep deprivation, or even an infection, all can cause a mental breakdown of sorts.

by Anonymousreply 376June 4, 2023 1:16 AM

[quote] the police began their search within hours

Not uncommon at all for an area like The Woodlands

by Anonymousreply 377June 4, 2023 1:22 AM

Beautiful smile and sad eyes. It's great that they've found him, but I feel bad for him long term - when one searches his name, his whole "being lost" or "escape" or whatever it was will show up more than something normal?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378June 4, 2023 1:27 AM

Yes, I am r374. I'm not r375, though. I've been out of the biz for quite a while so I can't comment about incidence and prevalence.

by Anonymousreply 379June 4, 2023 1:49 AM

R373 what's a PhD doing fighting with anon twits on the internet? I'd want my clinical psychologist to be smarter than that. Bitch I'm going to see you to get me out of my bad habits!

by Anonymousreply 380June 4, 2023 2:06 AM

Nervous breakdown. Case closed. Lost his mind.

by Anonymousreply 381June 4, 2023 2:08 AM

Colby & the wife have matching Donny & Marie Osmond teeth, weird.

by Anonymousreply 382June 4, 2023 2:10 AM

High ankle sprain and confinement, r380.

by Anonymousreply 383June 4, 2023 2:24 AM

Colby is certainly no Sister Wilhelmina.

by Anonymousreply 384June 4, 2023 2:38 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385June 4, 2023 2:48 AM

This will surely go down in history as the most mysterious and shocking disappearance since Agatha Christie's in 1926.

by Anonymousreply 386June 4, 2023 2:53 AM

This guy probably had a Margot Kidder-like incident where she was found days later dirty and disoriented. Drugs and alcohol were ruled out as the cause of her lost wanderings.

If he was planning to escape his marriage, he would probably do it in a way similar to Olivia Newton John's boyfriend who got on a fishing boat and secretly jumped off at some point, never to be heard from again.

by Anonymousreply 387June 4, 2023 2:56 AM

Please don't leave me waiting.

by Anonymousreply 388June 4, 2023 3:17 AM

R387, Kidder struggled bipolar disorder through her adult life, and there were no hints of Colby Richards having the same illness or any mental issues, in all the search-related publicity. And as I'm sure our PhD in Psychology will be glad to explain in detail, Bipolar doesn't appear out of the blue at age 31.

I suppose he could have had undiagnosed bipolar, or the family could have been in denial or kept quiet about previous symptoms, but this is not proven to be mental illness. It's very rare for people to go from functional one day to batshit the next, most serious mental illnesses cause long-term problems.

by Anonymousreply 389June 4, 2023 4:08 AM

You're such a kind soul, r389, to keep referring to me!

by Anonymousreply 390June 4, 2023 6:24 AM

All-around mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 391June 4, 2023 7:58 AM

People do strange things when life gets tough, don't judge!

by Anonymousreply 392June 4, 2023 10:29 AM

[quote]R389 Kidder struggled bipolar disorder through her adult life

Okay, I didn't know that. The rest of you post is interesting and leaves this event a mystery again.

by Anonymousreply 393June 4, 2023 10:59 AM

R366, ironic. You yourself accuse people of saying things they never have in threads they've never seen.

by Anonymousreply 394June 4, 2023 1:51 PM

[quote] Not uncommon at all for an area like The Woodlands

The cops aren't going to spring into action for a missing husband hours after he's reported just because it's the Woodlands. I've lived over half my life in wealthy Houston suburbs. There has to be something more to it that's not being publicized.

by Anonymousreply 395June 4, 2023 1:52 PM

Did the medical exam speak to the integrity of his maidenhead?

by Anonymousreply 396June 4, 2023 2:18 PM

They are in the Woodlands area for a white father

by Anonymousreply 397June 5, 2023 12:58 AM

Has this man or his wife spoken publicly since his "disappearance?"

by Anonymousreply 398June 6, 2023 11:47 AM

[quote] What’s a “plug” mentioned at [R74]?

r108 Buttplug

by Anonymousreply 399June 7, 2023 6:21 AM

[Quote]I'm guessing fugue state.

Colby Richards is The Fugue-itive.

by Anonymousreply 400June 8, 2023 8:08 PM

We call this “Pulling a Papini.”

by Anonymousreply 401June 8, 2023 8:10 PM

[Quote]“Dirty, and drinking from a garden hose.”

by Anonymousreply 402June 8, 2023 8:11 PM

👽 abduction

by Anonymousreply 403June 8, 2023 8:11 PM

Never mind him. Where's Colby Keller?

by Anonymousreply 404June 9, 2023 1:03 AM

Is there size meat verificatia up thread?

by Anonymousreply 405June 9, 2023 1:19 AM

Yay, there's hope for Julian Sands!

by Anonymousreply 406June 11, 2023 11:09 PM

I've heard no new updates

by Anonymousreply 407July 6, 2023 2:59 AM

R407 - I'm guessing some kind of breakdown and authorities are considering it a personal matter.

by Anonymousreply 408July 6, 2023 3:16 AM

We deserve to know! They always do this, get us all invested and then ask for privacy, it's bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 409July 6, 2023 5:29 AM

R409 agreed

by Anonymousreply 410July 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Some redditors think it was a go fund me scam. Maybe, at first the GFM was to help find him and now it's to pay medical expenses.

by Anonymousreply 411July 6, 2023 7:30 PM

Still no updates on this twatwaffle?

by Anonymousreply 412November 6, 2023 8:54 AM

I could've sworn he turned back up after a few days. Maybe I imagined it. Is he the guy who coached kids baseball?

by Anonymousreply 413November 6, 2023 9:21 AM

R413 - Richards was found... he had been missing for a week, so this tale essentially ended back in June. A quick google search and I didn't see any news reporting on this after the police announcement.

by Anonymousreply 414November 6, 2023 10:08 AM

Did he live near a town leader (Mayor, Minister, Police Chief) who nobody would ever suspect?

by Anonymousreply 415November 6, 2023 10:09 AM

It's strange that a father of two has pics of dogs and wife and food but no kids on his Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 416November 6, 2023 12:58 PM

Meth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417November 6, 2023 1:19 PM

Okay, but WTF happened?

He was found wandering in the woods. I need a SUBTANTIAL update with details on what actually happened.

by Anonymousreply 418November 6, 2023 1:42 PM

I'm glad he's OK. I've heard of young dads having mental health crises. The responsibility flips 'em out a little bit. And they need or just take a break if there's other mental concerns going on.

by Anonymousreply 419November 6, 2023 1:48 PM

He has gay face for days.

Wanted to leave his fat frau wife and kids, I'm guessing. Sucked cock and blew clouds and got lost after a breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 420November 6, 2023 2:05 PM

He and his wife are covering up something. And it ain't exactly kosher.

by Anonymousreply 421November 6, 2023 2:16 PM

My pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 422November 6, 2023 2:19 PM

I would suck that tall boy so hard his head would cave in!

by Anonymousreply 423November 6, 2023 2:35 PM

Somewhere somebody has a video of what happened. You don't just disappear into the woods on a night when the baths have closed early because of a burst pipe, and come back home bowlegged and crowned May Queen by accident!

This case is going to break wide open some day, and the girls at DL Confidential will be there!

by Anonymousreply 424November 6, 2023 3:03 PM

I wonder if he came home with a cheesy willy

by Anonymousreply 425November 6, 2023 3:14 PM

[quote]He "did like to go out" onto the Greenway for walks, sometimes in the morning and sometimes after work, but it was not a regular occurrence, his cousin explained.

"The Greenway" - is that like The Rambles?

by Anonymousreply 426November 6, 2023 3:35 PM

[quote] with a cheesy willy

huh?

by Anonymousreply 427November 6, 2023 3:47 PM

10 to 1 the wife did it.

by Anonymousreply 428November 6, 2023 3:55 PM

smell HER

by Anonymousreply 429November 6, 2023 4:29 PM

Check the bath houses!

by Anonymousreply 430November 6, 2023 5:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!