Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

After Calling Joe Biden Senile, Republicans Complain He Outsmarted Them

Kevin McCarthy once suggested the president needs "soft food.” Now he's the one serving a "s**t sandwich" to his caucus.

During the debt limit standoff, McCarthy repeatedly said that by refusing to negotiate with Republicans, Biden was “bumbling” the U.S. toward a potentially catastrophic default. Even some Democrats criticized the president for not publicly engaging as much as McCarthy has in recent weeks. But as of Wednesday, default seemed unlikely, and the outlines of the deal appeared favorable to Democrats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 1, 2023 1:17 PM

Asked if Biden had gotten the better of McCarthy, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), replied, “Yeah, I think that’s a fair assumption.”

Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah), meanwhile, said he believed McCarthy had simply been “misled.” He didn’t say by whom.

Even McCarthy conceded that he had been impressed with Biden’s negotiating team during the talks, calling them “very professional, very smart” and “very tough at the same time.”

by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2023 11:24 PM

from your lips to God's ears

it ain't done yet

by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2023 11:25 PM

The Democrats will vote for the debt ceiling bill. The Democratic Congress will not let a Democratic president fail.

The Repigs want to blow up the country's--and the world's--economy. The Democrats are responsible and will not allow the Repigs to plunge the world into a global catastrophe.

by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2023 11:37 PM

Underestimating Joe and overestimating Trump aids your continued destruction, Cons. Please continue.

by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2023 11:42 PM

[quote]Kevin McCarthy once suggested the president needs "soft food.” Now he's the one serving a "s**t sandwich" to his caucus.

That's a great line.

by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2023 11:44 PM

I guess big Joe Biden handed all the MAGAts their asses.

Let's go Brandon indeed.

by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2023 11:46 PM

Looks like Hunter aint the only one with a big dick.

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2023 11:50 PM

Grown ups of course would see this result as a win either way because for once both parties negotiated and came to a result that works for all, more or less. And no less than the US' default can be avoided because of this compromise. Can we please just celebrate this? This kind of negotiations and the ability to compromise is a good thing. We need more of this.

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2023 11:55 PM

People are getting confused between Biden the man and the Biden administration. The Biden handlers didn't allow President Biden to freely talk and inadvertently give away the store. Biden had a negotiating team that did the actual negotiating and they are the ones who outsmarted the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2023 11:57 PM

R9, What a bunch of horseshit. Of course he had a team. A team that he picks and directs. Picking great negotiators is just as important as being a great negotiator.

by Anonymousreply 10May 31, 2023 11:59 PM

r8, I agree that reaching an agreement was a positive thing, Bipartisan deals are rare because the parties rarely try to get one. The parties want their entire wish list and want their opponents to have zero from their wish list.

by Anonymousreply 11June 1, 2023 12:00 AM

[quote]Even McCarthy conceded that he had been impressed with Biden’s negotiating team during the talks, calling them “very professional, very smart” and “very tough at the same time.”

Added McCarthy, "Why are straight me so stupid?"

by Anonymousreply 12June 1, 2023 12:10 AM

What are the odds that once this is over the Thug Caucus goes after McCarthy - 60%, 75%?

by Anonymousreply 13June 1, 2023 12:13 AM

I hope CroMarge leaks the video of her pegging Kevin in retaliation of him refusing to screw over the entire American economy and it's people.

by Anonymousreply 14June 1, 2023 12:18 AM

President Biden already made complete fools of Republicans, by backing them into a corner with their own argument during the State of the Union address earlier this year.

He outsmarted them, and did it live on national television.

The President doesn't have to prove anything about his mental capabilities, because he consistently makes them look like the fools they are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 1, 2023 12:53 AM

First hurdle passed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 1, 2023 1:33 AM

People who underesitamte Biden are a fools. I loved the press conference where he was challanged on working with Republicans. He said "I have, I do, Have you seen their plan?" and the reporter challenged him again and he said "Seriously have you seen thier plan? They don't have ac counter plan unless you've seen it because I haven't. I am willing to work with them but they have no plan to counter ours..." Shut that fucker right up.

by Anonymousreply 17June 1, 2023 1:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!