Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Danny Masterson found guilty of two counts of rape in second trial

A Los Angeles jury found “That 70s Show” actor Danny Masterson guilty of two out of the three counts of rape on Wednesday.

Masterson, 47, was tried for a second time over charges he had had raped three women at his Hollywood Hills home in the early 2000s.

The jury deliberated for more than a week before reaching their verdict, finding him guilty in two instances but being hung on a third count.

Jurors convicted Masterson of sexually assulting victims Jen B. and N. Trout, but were unable to reach a verdict on the allegations against the actor’s former girlfriend, Christina Bixler.

Jurors in the first trial deadlocked in November but in the second trial, Judge Charlaine F. Olmedo allowed more evidence to be heard, including testimony that Masterson had drugged his victims before sexually assaulting them.

During the first trial, the accusation of drugging could only be implied when the women each testified they felt disoriented or lost consciousness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69June 3, 2023 11:03 AM

Good!

by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2023 9:30 PM

He was always so ugly - even when he was younger, in his 20s on 'Cybil'.

by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2023 9:31 PM

Cosby 2.0

by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2023 9:33 PM

I hope they lock that bastard up for decades.

by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2023 9:34 PM

Wonder what the Scientology Church's reaction will be. Probably nothing. He will just be kicked out.

by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2023 9:34 PM

Ugly straight men who couldn't get laid in high school and college, become rich/famous and then take it out on women. Rot in prison.

by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2023 9:34 PM

Is it possible that Ashton Kutcher didn't know any of this? At least how he sees and treats women. They were so close it's hard for me to believe he didn't know anything. Same with Masterson's wife

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2023 9:36 PM

Miss Cabbage must be having the hissy fit to end all hissy fits. The jurors need to prepare for their own harassment now.

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2023 9:38 PM

Good, I fucking loathe that smug douchenozzle

by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2023 9:39 PM

Was that a civil trial? If the rapes occurred twenty years ago, it must be. If so, he won’t serve prison time.

by Anonymousreply 10May 31, 2023 9:41 PM

R7- Masterson's wife is a known loony herself.

by Anonymousreply 11May 31, 2023 9:43 PM

Did you read the article R10? He faces 20 to life.

by Anonymousreply 12May 31, 2023 9:48 PM

R6 This is just a really stupid post. Making excuses and also saying "unattractive" people are more prone to rape. Dude isn't even close to being ugly. Even if he wasn't famous, he could get most women just based on his looks. His wife is really attractive. So this has nothing to do with highschool/college or being ugly/good looking or being famous and rich.

He's just a terrible human being

by Anonymousreply 13May 31, 2023 10:03 PM

Hope Scientology will go down. He had help and enablers and justice will get to them soon.

by Anonymousreply 14May 31, 2023 10:11 PM

R7 Kutcher may have known. Despite his social activist front, I'm sure he has skeletons. Laura Prepon is also into Scientology.

by Anonymousreply 15May 31, 2023 10:13 PM

Even if he wasn't ugly (which he isn't plus he's famous from That 70s Show, either way he could attract plenty of women), he likely got off on sexually abusing women. Serial rapists are driven by sexual sadism. They get the thrill from abusing, humiliating and violating their victims. It's not about getting laid, it's a paraphilia.

by Anonymousreply 16May 31, 2023 10:16 PM

I hope E. Jean Carroll is able to use her DNA-stained dress in any further litigation of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 17May 31, 2023 10:24 PM

r9 r12 r14 r15 r16 r17

by Anonymousreply 18May 31, 2023 10:25 PM

Poor Bijou

by Anonymousreply 19May 31, 2023 10:28 PM

[quote] Was that a civil trial? If the rapes occurred twenty years ago, it must be. If so, he won’t serve prison time.

He was removed from the courtroom in handcuffs after the verdict. They don't do that in civil trials.

by Anonymousreply 20May 31, 2023 10:29 PM

R15 I don't think she is no longer into scientology. From what I've heard

by Anonymousreply 21May 31, 2023 10:30 PM

I'm so happy! I've been following this on some YouTube channels from ex-scienos, and it's been a long time coming.

by Anonymousreply 22May 31, 2023 10:46 PM

"Masterson's wife is a known loony herself."

With her family, did she ever stand a chance?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 31, 2023 10:47 PM

R22 I'm watching the Growing Up Scientology reaction video now. Aaron cried because he said he was in contact with the victims and they were still worried about Masterson not being convicted.

by Anonymousreply 24May 31, 2023 10:50 PM

did they describe his penis? big or small?

by Anonymousreply 25May 31, 2023 10:50 PM

The brother is the talented one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 31, 2023 10:54 PM

I always liked Chris more than Danny.

by Anonymousreply 27May 31, 2023 10:56 PM

I'd gronk both of them, but I think Danny's dance card will be filled.

by Anonymousreply 28May 31, 2023 11:14 PM

Malcolm in the middle's oldest brother is his brother?

by Anonymousreply 29May 31, 2023 11:16 PM

R29 Yup, he was the badboy exiled to military school.

by Anonymousreply 30May 31, 2023 11:18 PM

He is being held without bail until sentencing. No date has been set yet for sentencing but he and his lawyers have to be back in court in early August for a hearing.

by Anonymousreply 31May 31, 2023 11:24 PM

R7 - Bijou is just as big an asshole as he is.

by Anonymousreply 32May 31, 2023 11:29 PM

Will Bijou file for divorce

by Anonymousreply 33May 31, 2023 11:34 PM

Has a GO FUND ME page started yet ?

by Anonymousreply 34May 31, 2023 11:41 PM

DNA strikes again. Look out, Trump!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 31, 2023 11:49 PM

What will Xenu say?

by Anonymousreply 36June 1, 2023 1:52 AM

[quote]Has a GO FUND ME page started yet ?

Scientology is just one massive GO FUND ME page.

by Anonymousreply 37June 1, 2023 2:08 AM

R25 Small, thin, and angry.

by Anonymousreply 38June 1, 2023 2:37 AM

While attention is focused on Masterson the pro-criminal DA lets Armie Hammer off the hook

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 1, 2023 3:09 AM

R39 The favors I do for that man

by Anonymousreply 40June 1, 2023 3:14 AM

I don't think Armie did anything other than be into consensual kink weird shit.

Masterson is a vile rapist and I hope he rots.

by Anonymousreply 41June 1, 2023 3:46 AM

R35 That story reminds me of this one. The Michigan incident happened in 1999 and the Pennsylvania one was in 2000. There are other articles on this guy and Fox News has one saying that he was a secret investor in strip clubs. The guy's Facebook page is still up and a lot of posts didn't age well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 1, 2023 4:29 AM

Anyone who constantly wears sunglasses is ALWAYS hiding something. I never trust them.

by Anonymousreply 43June 1, 2023 4:33 AM

I read Danny let out a wail when the judge read the verdict. Hahaha 😝

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 1, 2023 4:37 AM

Why are there no photos or video of him being led away after the verdict. Bummer.

by Anonymousreply 45June 1, 2023 10:11 AM

Just tell him he's being cast in an "Oz" remake.

by Anonymousreply 46June 1, 2023 11:02 AM

Was his sister there?

by Anonymousreply 47June 1, 2023 11:54 AM

Was Tom there?

Was Xenu there?

by Anonymousreply 48June 1, 2023 12:46 PM

"In August 2019, four women filed a lawsuit against Masterson and the Church of Scientology for stalking and harassment, stemming from their rape allegations. One plaintiff claimed her dog died from (unexplained) traumatic injuries to its trachea and esophagus, also alleging that church members chased her as she drove her car, filmed her without permission, harassed her online and posted ads to social media sites soliciting sex in her name. Another plaintiff stated that she and her neighbors observed a man snapping pictures from her driveway and later that night someone broke a window in her 13-year-old daughter's bedroom.

On January 22, 2020, Bixler-Zavala reported that a second of his family pets had to be put down due to being fed rat poison wrapped inside a rolled-up piece of raw meat, alleging this was done by Scientologists in response to his repeated public statements alleging Masterson raped his wife (who was one of the four women who filed suit against Masterson)."

What pieces of shit him and his church are.

by Anonymousreply 49June 1, 2023 1:27 PM

Tom Cruise made Top Gun Maverick which was a hit. So everyone forgot he's part of this cult. Funny how that works. Only the actors who decline in popularity seem to get "sacrificed" while the high earners still get their asses covered. It's all about bringing in the money.

by Anonymousreply 50June 1, 2023 1:31 PM

[quote] Only the actors who decline in popularity seem to get "sacrificed" while the high earners still get their asses covered.

Tell us about it.

by Anonymousreply 51June 1, 2023 1:37 PM

Whoopi wants to know, "Was it rape-rape ?"

by Anonymousreply 52June 1, 2023 2:31 PM

So what does this mean for That 70s Show reruns? It’s on ALL the time.

Will it be Cosby Show’d?

by Anonymousreply 53June 1, 2023 3:07 PM

If only Christopher Plummer was still alive they could hire him to reshoot all of Masterson's scenes

by Anonymousreply 54June 1, 2023 3:16 PM

I haven't seen That 70s Show reruns on cable in awhile. Peacock currently has streaming rights for the show. I doubt they will remove it.

by Anonymousreply 55June 1, 2023 3:49 PM

R52 - Tell Whoopi to Google "donkey punch."

by Anonymousreply 56June 1, 2023 4:13 PM

R44 I thought it was known cunt and bully bijou?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 1, 2023 8:29 PM

Bijou was an asshole. Everyone on the set of Bully can attest to that. Larry Clark, an asshole himself, admitted he only hired Bijou because of her family connections to get funding for his film. Bully was a risky film. Daniel Franseze anecdotes of Brad Renfro defending him and comforting him was so sweet. Makes sad Brad is gone yet assholes like Bijou and her sex fiend husband Danny Masterson are still around. I wondered why I never liked Hyde on That 70s Show (I don't mind asshole characters, Red and Jackie are assholes too but my favorites). I could be that Danny always darkness to him.

by Anonymousreply 58June 1, 2023 8:43 PM

R54: "If only Christopher Plummer was still alive they could hire him to reshoot all of Masterson's scenes"

Hyde: "I'm tellin' you, man, nothing comes from nothing. Nothing ever could." Fez: "Wowww..."

by Anonymousreply 59June 1, 2023 8:49 PM

We got another nutbag actor rapist coming our way, boys. Start the auction to see who gets to be his cellie first!

Piece of shit is probably cherry, so let's limit the first round to guys under 7".

by Anonymousreply 60June 2, 2023 1:35 AM

Try harder next time R60.

by Anonymousreply 61June 2, 2023 1:48 AM

Laura Prepon left the church in 2016. She dated and lived with Danny's brother Chris, mentioned upthread and they brought her into the church.

As for syndication, That 70s Show is on all the time. It's on Laff channel at least four times a day.

by Anonymousreply 62June 2, 2023 2:31 AM

That 70s Show is very popular with early Gen Z too (most of That 70s Show subreddit appears to be Zoomers who got into it from streaming). The reasons That 90s Show got made was nostalgia for Boomers, Xers and millennials who were fans of the original and the popularity with Zoomers.

by Anonymousreply 63June 2, 2023 9:17 PM

[quote]So what does this mean for That 70s Show reruns? It’s on ALL the time.

[quote]Will it be Cosby Show’d?

It will be interesting to see what they do. After actor Stephen Collins admitted to sexually abusing underage girls, I think they pulled '7th Heaven' from syndication.

by Anonymousreply 64June 3, 2023 7:21 AM

[quote]Is it possible that Ashton Kutcher didn't know any of this? At least how he sees and treats women. They were so close it's hard for me to believe he didn't know anything. Same with Masterson's wife

So you know what goes on in your friends bedrooms behind closed doors? You think Masterson went to work and say to Kutcher, "You should have seen the one I raped last night?

by Anonymousreply 65June 3, 2023 8:15 AM

My dad was IMO irresponsibly accused of rape a year after he died by my half-brother, who claimed his mother told him that his conception was not consensual. The story had holes in it, was not substantiated by his mother & I found it telling that he waited until after my dad had died to say anything. But it sucks just the same. I feel sorry for DM's kid and the victims. How long is the cult of S going to get away with this shit?

by Anonymousreply 66June 3, 2023 8:39 AM

Masterson being found guilty created a somewhat similar feeling of surprise in me as when Bill Cosby was. At my age I am used to celebrities in America being part of a protected class. It’s almost discombobulating when the outcome goes against the norm.

by Anonymousreply 67June 3, 2023 10:33 AM

R65 I doubt he raped those women in his bedroom. And no, I don't know what goes on in other people's bedrooms, but if they were such close buddies, Ashton must have known that he was a sexist creep who treats women badly. It's not something he could have hide all the time. They know each other since they were teenagers

by Anonymousreply 68June 3, 2023 11:02 AM

R66 just stop. There's nothing comparable. Did your dad have 3 women tell the same story? Nope. Did your dad belong to a cult? Nope. Did your dad's cult keep records? Nope. Were intimidation tactics, like killing dogs, used to scare the victim? Nope. It's insane to say he couldn't be a rapist just because you went through that. Let's be honest, you don't even defend your own dad either 100% because end of the day... you don't know. Fine not to not believe in your case, but not fine to use that anecdote to determine other cases.

If things change in society, decades late accusations won't be a problem anymore. If you keep telling women they are always liars, no matter the evidence, no matter the number of victims, etc., this trend will keep happening because women are afraid to come forward right away. It benefits everyone if it's out immediately, even if there's liars mixed in. Easier to catch that.

by Anonymousreply 69June 3, 2023 11:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!