Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Memorable Murder, She Wrote Guest Stars

Pre-Jesus Jim Caviezel came out of left field in the episode Flim Flam.

He wasn’t very compelling or even animated, but he may have been the most beautiful guest star the show ever had.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 6, 2024 11:19 AM

Lots of M, SW photos displaying his gorgeousness at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2023 8:30 PM

Leonard Frey as Felix Casslaw in Season 3, Episode 17: "Simon Says, Color Me Dead".

I used to be able to find a clip of him in the episode. No longer.

by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2023 8:47 PM

Ben Browder guest starred in Season 11, Episode 9. Cabot Cove's murder plague struck the bowling alley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2023 9:09 PM

Joaquin Phoenix and I think his sister Rain appear in season 1.

Sorry no link 🥴

by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2023 9:18 PM

Leonard Frey was one of the 20 Swan Song performances.

He died the year after his M,SW appearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 1, 2023 1:29 AM

I've only seen two episodes of MSW, and those I only watched for the guest stars: Alice Krige & Marian Seldes.

by Anonymousreply 6June 1, 2023 2:36 PM

[quote] He wasn’t very compelling or even animated, but he may have been the most beautiful

This comment holds true for every Jim Caviezel performance.

by Anonymousreply 7February 5, 2024 3:06 PM

As an Australian, I have to give a shoutout to Rod Taylor’s attempt at an Irish brogue.

And the less said about Sophie Formica’s final season appearance, the better.

by Anonymousreply 8February 5, 2024 3:07 PM

Andrew Stevens as David Tolliver is the one that still stands out to me 40 years later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 5, 2024 3:11 PM

Fuck that MAGA fuck.

by Anonymousreply 10February 5, 2024 3:15 PM

It’s fun to see the Golden Age Hollywood stars. Janet Leigh, Dane Clark, Vera Miles, Ruth Roman, Diane Baker, Margaret O’Brien.

All the appearances of Bradford Dillman makes me wonder if James Dean would have turned up if he were still alive. I have a feeling his career would have taken a dive into TV had he been lucky enough to live long enough.

Joanna Barnes, who I only know for playing Vicky in The Parent Trap.

by Anonymousreply 11February 5, 2024 3:16 PM

I always enjoy the Len Cariou appearances.

by Anonymousreply 12February 5, 2024 3:18 PM

Nah, James Dean wanted to give up acting and start directing, similar to "Superman" star George Reeves. I imagine both would have had decent, possibly award winning careers as directors had they lived, and may not have appeared onscreen, but may have each directed an episode or two of M, SW.

by Anonymousreply 13February 5, 2024 3:23 PM

Thomas Byrd Billy Zane as bothers in "A Very Good Year For Murder" in season 4. Allegedly Jessica tutored the hottie Byrd back in Cabot Cove. A likely story

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 5, 2024 3:30 PM

R9 fun fact: "Lovers And Other Killers" with handsome Andrew Stevens was the first episode to be filmed after the pilot but was shelved til later in season one (probably because it's one of the darker episodes).

It's also one of the few non-bookend episodes that ends with a shot of someone other than our Jessica - in this case it's the sexy gigolo giving her a death stare as she brushes him off.

by Anonymousreply 15February 5, 2024 3:59 PM

A beautiful Brian Kerwin as SPOILER a killer who manages to slaughter a hypnotist in front of a group of witnesses helpfully put into a trance by the victim

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 5, 2024 4:07 PM

R11, turn in that gay card!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 5, 2024 6:36 PM

It’s fun to see the Golden Age Hollywood stars. Janet Leigh, Dane Clark, Vera Miles, Ruth Roman, Diane Baker, Margaret O’Brien.

It's never fun to see Margaet O'Brien.

by Anonymousreply 18February 5, 2024 6:39 PM

R9- He doesn’t look particularly heterosexual in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 19February 5, 2024 6:43 PM

Yeah, shit JC is gorgeous. No doubt.

by Anonymousreply 20February 5, 2024 10:33 PM

R17 I never recognised her!!

by Anonymousreply 21February 6, 2024 8:26 AM

Religiously insane now. He’s a QAnon rock star.

by Anonymousreply 22February 6, 2024 10:21 AM

DL Daddy legend Max Gail in “Dead Letter”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 6, 2024 10:41 AM

R2, no clip, but here he is - with a pinched face of gay disapproval - in an ascot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 6, 2024 11:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!