Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

These are the 12 most common long COVID symptoms identified in a new study

The 12 key symptoms identified in the study were:

Loss of smell or taste

Post-exertional malaise

Chronic cough

Brain fog

Thirst

Palpitations

Chest pain

Fatigue

Dizziness

Gastrointestinal issues

Issues with sexual desire or capacity

Abnormal movements, such as tremors, unintended movements, or rigidity

But those are not the only symptoms that define long COVID, the researchers said. Patients may have one of those symptoms, or many — or others not on the list — and suffer long-term consequences of the coronavirus.

“Sometimes I hear people say, ‘Oh, everybody’s a little tired,’ ” Dr. Leora Horwitz, co-principal investigator for the RECOVER Clinical Science Core at NYU Langone Health, said in the release. “No, there’s something different about people who have long COVID, and that’s important to know.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 1, 2023 1:14 AM

I don't have any of these symptoms but I DO have tinnitus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2023 2:31 AM

I'm so glad I never contracted Covid.

by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2023 6:58 AM

Loss of taste? The Trumps must all have it then!

by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2023 7:00 AM

Clickbait. No elevated occurrence found.

[quote] The team didn’t find a statistically significant association that would suggest it’s a risk in the general population.

Another study published in the American Journal of Otolaryngology also found similar proportions of patients to the general population.

by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2023 12:17 PM

All but two of those are common in virtually every somatization disorder under the sun. which doesn't bode well for patients.

by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2023 12:30 PM

I will add: vapors, voices, thoughts of suicide, mediocrity and tenderness to the touch.

by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2023 12:53 PM

Not well for patients but a goldmine for researchers

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2023 10:15 PM

Is that why everyone is carrying gigantic jugs of water everywhere they go?

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2023 10:33 PM

I am healthy as a horse but getting it on Dec 25, I felt off until middle of May. 5 Frekin months of Blaaaaness.

by Anonymousreply 9June 1, 2023 12:42 AM

[quote] Patients may have one of those symptoms, or many — or others not on the list

Well that settles it then

by Anonymousreply 10June 1, 2023 12:45 AM

My cough lasted two months after I tested negative, but overall it wasn't as bad as I expected and would probably have been much worse without the vaccines.

by Anonymousreply 11June 1, 2023 12:50 AM

I’ve had COVID three times (that I know of). First two times were a relatively easy recovery, with only lingering windedness when I climbed stairs or otherwise exerted myself. But the third time knocked me out for months. In fact, nine months later I still feel some lingering effects that come and go episodically. Fatigue, fogginess, lingering cough. It scares me to think what might happen if I get COVID again.

by Anonymousreply 12June 1, 2023 1:09 AM

Don't forget the heart attacks! A 30-something coworker of mine is in the hospital from a seizure and heart attack this past weekend. Thin young woman who eats healthy, doesn't smoke, uses her Peloton regularly, no underlying issues. But she had a bad bought of COVID.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 1, 2023 1:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!