Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hot Maryland dad beaten to death by angry mob for protecting his kids from bullies

Police secured arrest warrants for the angry mob accused of beating a doting Maryland dad to death while he protected his kids from bullies over a $30 dispute, a source told The New York Post.

A second source told the news outlet that the suspects could be charged some time this week.

The warrants stem from the brutal melee on Friday, May 19, when Christopher Wright, 43, suffered brain damage after three teenagers and two adults confronted his 14-year-old son at their Brooklyn Park, Maryland, home to continue a schoolyard fight.

He was rushed to a hospital and died the next day. Wright's fiancée, Tracy Karopchinsky, told 11 News that the attackers turned their attention on Wright after he refused to let them fight the boy. The group told Wright that if the boy would not fight, they would fight with him instead, she said.

Footage of the fatal fight reportedly shows Wright fending off the suspects before they threw him on the ground and pummeled him, according to The New York Post. First responders tried to save him on scene and rushed him to the hospital, but it was too late.

"Just looking at the damage, that wasn’t just punching that did that," his fiancée said. "Like, there’s no way that punching did that. The damage was done before the ambulance ever took him away.

"He’d had a seizure. It was done. There was nothing the hospital could do."

The school confirmed the fight to 11 News, and Karopchinsky told the outlet about how her 12-year-old had tried to run out into the street to help Wright, but it was "too late."

A neighbor told local newspaper Baltimore Banner that they heard one of Wright's other sons yelling, "Daddy!" while the suspects took off.

"That little kid’s scream is a scream that you’ll never forget," the resident said. "It was ear-piercing, his scream was. It was awful."

The whole ordeal was allegedly sparked by a $30 dispute, Karopchinsky told The New York Post.

Police listed the suspects as three to four White males in their mid-20s to mid-30s in age.

After the fight, Anne Arundel County Police spokesperson Marc Limansky said, "Anyone who assisted, who abetted or was an accomplice of the main suspect or the primary suspect will be culpable."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 2, 2023 11:14 PM

FOX link, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1May 30, 2023 11:38 PM

Sick. Fkin sick. I hope they get life. There are no mitigating circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 2May 30, 2023 11:40 PM

20s to mid 30s? Christ almighty the world has gone feral.

by Anonymousreply 3May 30, 2023 11:41 PM

Life? They should be set on fire

by Anonymousreply 4May 30, 2023 11:45 PM

Fuck you, R1.

Here's a photo of the dad and son he was trying to protect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 30, 2023 11:53 PM

This photo makes me want to cry.

The oldest son looks like he could be gay, and the other kids are just a bit nerdy.

What a kind soul of a dad to protect his kids, even to the death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 30, 2023 11:56 PM

[quote] The school confirmed the fight to 11 News, and Karopchinsky told the outlet about how her 12-year-old had tried to run out into the street to help Wright, but it was "too late."

[quote] A neighbor told local newspaper Baltimore Banner that they heard one of Wright's other sons yelling, "Daddy!" while the suspects took off.

Absolutely heartbreaking.

This world is definitely finished. As R3 said, people have become worse than wild animals.

It's not a place I want to live in any more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 30, 2023 11:58 PM

Just got home from the gym. Fight over a lat pulldown machine. WTF has gotten into Americans' minds these days?

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2023 12:05 AM

These guys will get 15 years and parole after 3. What has gotten into the American justice system?

by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2023 1:48 AM

Looks like the bullies came to their house to fight with the son, and when Christopher said his son wasn't coming out, then he went out to fight them.

That is so fucked up.

I wish he had just called the cops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 1, 2023 1:59 AM

Hope the perps get the death penalty, including the three teenagers. What was their plan? Were two adults and three teenagers going to beat up a single kid? All of them are human garbage.

No redeeming value to society whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 11June 1, 2023 3:40 AM

Baltimore area? Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 12June 1, 2023 3:45 AM

Sledgehammer their skulls into cherry Jello.

by Anonymousreply 13June 1, 2023 3:48 AM

Adult males went to beat up a kid? What kind of white trash are they?

by Anonymousreply 14June 1, 2023 3:51 AM

Any photos of these monsters?

by Anonymousreply 15June 1, 2023 4:16 AM

I can literally smell the saliva drooling from y'all's lips while you wait for confirmation of what we all know you're suspecting.

by Anonymousreply 16June 1, 2023 4:20 AM

R16 what Blanche?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 1, 2023 5:08 AM

What are you going on about, R16?

by Anonymousreply 18June 1, 2023 5:18 AM

I would never live in Maryland. I've visited Antietam, but I wouldn't travel to any urban areas in the state. I'd rather keep on living.

by Anonymousreply 19June 1, 2023 5:38 AM

^ I was born and raised in Maryland. I would sooner blow my brains out than ever move back.

by Anonymousreply 20June 1, 2023 5:52 AM

No R1, the media doesn't want to cover this.

by Anonymousreply 21June 1, 2023 8:26 AM

For all the Baltimore innuendo, doesn't OP's linked article state clearly the suspects were white?

by Anonymousreply 22June 1, 2023 8:45 AM

It is really gross how they still refer to beating kids up as a "school yard fight" to minimize it. It is assault. Somehow if I kid is 12 and gets beat up its "schoolyard" fights or bullies. If a 30 year is beat up- police are called, it's a crime, there are lawsuits. But break a kids nose, knock out a tooth its supposed to be some right of passage. This is clear evidence of how it is a crime. If they did this to an adult male imagine what would have happened to the child.

by Anonymousreply 23June 1, 2023 11:04 AM

Maryland has some beautiful places in and around Rock Creek Park. Bethesda and Silver Spring; the national harbor in Ft. Washington, downtown Frederick, Takoma Park. Hell even the harbor in Baltimore.

by Anonymousreply 24June 1, 2023 1:03 PM

R22 Baltimore is full of white trash.

by Anonymousreply 25June 1, 2023 2:54 PM

Why are there no arrests? What is going on? Are the killers related to police officers or politicians?

by Anonymousreply 26June 1, 2023 10:38 PM

R22, Baltimore Demographics · Black or African American: 62.26% · White: 29.72% · Two or more races: 3.2% · Asian: 2.48% · Other race: 2% · Native American: 0.31%

by Anonymousreply 27June 2, 2023 11:13 PM

R27 was meant for R25. Apologies.

by Anonymousreply 28June 2, 2023 11:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!