Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fare thee well, Cameron...Search Called Off, he's presumed dead

A multi-day search for a Louisiana teen who jumped from a sunset cruise in the Bahamas has come to its tragic end -- and the last known sighting of him was caught on harrowing video.

Footage has surfaced showing 18-year-old Cameron Robbins -- who'd just graduated high school in Baton Rouge -- swimming in the open seas at night near Athol Island last week ... where he was on a sunset cruise with a bunch of his peers celebrating their achievement.

Word is Cameron went overboard on his own accord, and not just that -- but, apparently, it was on a dare. In the clip, you can kinda tell his buddies were getting a kick out of it.

That is until he vanished behind the boat and out of view of everyone, who began screaming at him to grab a life preserver that'd been thrown to him -- which was pretty far away, and he didn't end up reaching it. Once he disappeared, everyone began to panic.

Since he went missing, a multi-day search was undertaken by both Bahamian authorities and the U.S. Coast Guard -- but Robbins was never found, and the search has now been called off after several unsuccessful days of scouring the area for any sign of him.

It sounds like Cameron is presumed dead, as the Coast Guard issued a statement saying ... "We offer our sincerest condolences to Cameron Robbins' family and friends." His family flew into the Bahamas last week, and prayer vigils have been held for him for a few days now.

His family has also spoken out ... "The Bahamas government has called off the rescue for Cameron and we are returning to Baton Rouge. We want to thank the Bahamas government, the U.S. Coast Guard, the United Cajun Navy, and Congressman Garrett Graves for everything they have done for us. In this time of grief, we thank our family, friends, and well-wishers for granting us the privacy we need to properly remember our son and mourn his loss."

RIP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383June 29, 2023 12:58 AM

Dares suck, bro. At least you have your head.

by Anonymousreply 1May 30, 2023 2:52 PM

Many comments on the DM say there's a shark coming in from the left, almost immediately. And then grabbing Cameron's feet, about .19. I see something, but it could as easily be a dolphin; there's no clear dorsal fin. In any case, he swims away from the lifesaver.

by Anonymousreply 2May 30, 2023 2:55 PM

Fuck around and find out.

(P.S. Is graduating from a Baton Rogue HS really an achievement worth celebrating?)

by Anonymousreply 3May 30, 2023 2:56 PM

R2 here: Retraction: At .05 a gray dorsal fin can be seen top left, then water, then what is probably the shark's head.

by Anonymousreply 4May 30, 2023 2:57 PM

Wowzers. The kid that yells “bye bye” at him is sure to turn into a fine, upstanding citizen.

by Anonymousreply 5May 30, 2023 2:58 PM

Sad, but inevitable. Once you fall overboard on a cruise ship, in most cases it's pretty much over for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 30, 2023 3:00 PM

Forever young (and stupid)

by Anonymousreply 7May 30, 2023 3:00 PM

R5 Bunch of Murdaugh clones on that boat.

by Anonymousreply 8May 30, 2023 3:00 PM

Was he naked in the water or did he have his clothes on ? It's hard to tell in the video.

Not that it makes much difference, but if he was naked and had time to peel off his clothes, then he probably didn't fall in.

by Anonymousreply 9May 30, 2023 9:20 PM

Your prefrontal cortex isn't even fully fleshed out at 18, several years to go. Weakened emotional control, decision making, executive function, midnight swimming skills

by Anonymousreply 10May 30, 2023 9:27 PM

A guy on reddit used to work on cruise ships and he said to throw everything you can overboard to create a debris path for the ship to follow and if you find yourself overboard, just lie on your back and float. Don't expend any energy.

by Anonymousreply 11May 30, 2023 9:30 PM

Yikes. So, he was eaten by a shark? That's a terrible way to go.

by Anonymousreply 12May 30, 2023 9:33 PM

Some are now saying he was swimming into the direction of the boat's engine - and may have gotten chopped up in there.

by Anonymousreply 13May 30, 2023 9:37 PM

The obligatory GoFundMe has been set up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 30, 2023 9:51 PM

Maybe his friends on the boat and the ones who dared him should pay for his funeral.

by Anonymousreply 15May 30, 2023 9:55 PM

[quote] swimming in the open seas at night near Athol Island last week

A more appropriate island couldn’t possibly be found.

by Anonymousreply 16May 30, 2023 10:02 PM

His poor parents. So easy to remember too many near fatal things I did at that age

"He that hath wife and children hath given hostages to fortune..."

by Anonymousreply 17May 30, 2023 10:07 PM

He had a hot twink ass but he couldn't live forever.

by Anonymousreply 18May 30, 2023 10:09 PM

Yes, Sylvia @R3, from this school, yes.

U-High, Episcopal, Catholic High, Baton Rouge High, and St. Joseph's Academy (for the most part) are very, very good schools.

by Anonymousreply 19May 30, 2023 10:15 PM

Shark!

by Anonymousreply 20May 30, 2023 10:24 PM

It’s too bad common sense can’t be taught.

by Anonymousreply 21May 30, 2023 10:32 PM

R9, Come on, guy; read. No, the teen didn't fall in; he jumped on a dare.

by Anonymousreply 22May 30, 2023 11:59 PM

R11, What? You make no sense.

by Anonymousreply 23May 31, 2023 12:00 AM

Making 'Murica great

by Anonymousreply 24May 31, 2023 12:04 AM

How did this dumbass expect to get back on the ship?

by Anonymousreply 25May 31, 2023 3:33 AM

[quote] Your prefrontal cortex isn't even fully fleshed out at 18, several years to go. Weakened emotional control, decision making, executive function, midnight swimming skills

I don't think you need a fully fleshed-out prefrontal cortex to know that you shouldn't jump overboard.

I think he was suicidal and his "friends" are probably part of the reason he was suicidal.

Glad that his parents didn't blame anyone who "didn't do enough" to rescue him.

by Anonymousreply 26May 31, 2023 5:13 AM

[quote] A guy on reddit used to work on cruise ships and he said to throw everything you can overboard to create a debris path for the ship to follow and if you find yourself overboard, just lie on your back and float. Don't expend any energy.

Who's supposed to be throwing all of this buoyant debris? The guy in the water?

by Anonymousreply 27May 31, 2023 5:14 AM

No, Rose. The people who are still on the boat.

This is so unnecessary. I did a lot of stupid shit at his age to try and fit in. I got drunk at a bar and somehow made it back to my dorm just because I wanted to be cool and fit in.

I'm lucky to be alive.

by Anonymousreply 28May 31, 2023 5:19 AM

R19, presuming your "for the most part" is a disclaimer for the shitsouls who egged him on to jump overboard.

by Anonymousreply 29May 31, 2023 6:36 AM

That douche who's narrating the video and the one who says bye bye (maybe the same person) should be shamed. Don't they charge people with incitement?

by Anonymousreply 30May 31, 2023 6:56 AM

A nominee for this year’s Darwin Award. Sad, but true.

by Anonymousreply 31May 31, 2023 7:49 AM

R30, Don't be as stupid as the kid who took the dare.

by Anonymousreply 32May 31, 2023 1:58 PM

Too stupid to live. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 33June 1, 2023 6:37 AM

Looks like they believe he was a midnight snack for the sharks !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 1, 2023 3:10 PM

r30, incitement of what and who? The sharks? The kid already in the water?

Don't act like when you see someone do something stupid that you don't think the same thing. He didn't know the kid was going to be shark bate. Sounds like the video narrator was just as drunk but right that the kid was an idiot looking for attention.

by Anonymousreply 35June 1, 2023 3:17 PM

R3,😁

by Anonymousreply 36June 1, 2023 3:44 PM

R35 for encouraging the drunk boy to jump over. Inciting someone who's inebriated (if that's what he was) to engage in a dangerous activity.

by Anonymousreply 37June 1, 2023 8:58 PM

R37 People need be responsible for their own choices.

by Anonymousreply 38June 2, 2023 2:59 AM

This has to be a terrible thing for his family to process. On top of their grief, they must be really angry at him for doing something so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 39June 2, 2023 4:29 AM

Don't interfere with Natural Selection.

by Anonymousreply 40June 2, 2023 4:31 AM

"He was delicious. My family really enjoyed the carcass."---------The shark.

by Anonymousreply 41June 2, 2023 4:36 AM

I would never go on a cruise.

by Anonymousreply 42June 2, 2023 4:42 AM

Well, to be fair, they double-dog dared him!

by Anonymousreply 43June 2, 2023 5:30 AM

What was the exit plan? To swim the Seven Seas?

by Anonymousreply 44June 2, 2023 5:42 AM

Check the cabins!!!

by Anonymousreply 45June 2, 2023 9:42 AM

Can I have his stuff?

by Anonymousreply 46June 2, 2023 1:18 PM

Just stop, r37.

He wasn't "incited" to commit an unlawful act---the main criterion for the charge.

He wasn't "incited" to commit the lawful act of suicide, nor was he actively and proximately encouraged to commit suicide (the egregious "reasoning" behind the ACLU-protested conviction for "involuntary manslaughter" of Michelle Carter, a crackpot anti-First-Amendment [aka, unconstitutional] decision whose appeal the SCOTUS didn't have the fortitude even to hear. Google.).

He wasn't in the act of contemplating, preparing, or committing suicide.

So what did we learn today, class?

That a mere dare is not a crime.

by Anonymousreply 47June 2, 2023 2:37 PM

But this is where we are R547. If you're a fat fuck, blame someone else and get large drinks outlawed. Never, ever, take responsibility for your own actions. Never mind that the type of person who would give a dare is as immature as the type that would take one.

by Anonymousreply 48June 2, 2023 2:45 PM

The response to such idiotic dares is found in old movies...

[quote] "My Momma didn't raise no stupid children."

by Anonymousreply 49June 2, 2023 2:48 PM

R47 thanks for researching for me, I was curious but couldn't be bothered to research, don't hate me!

And don't laugh but what made me think of bystanders being liable in civil cases where they incited a dangerous act was The Accused (or the real story it's based on) where people cheering on a dangerous act were charged with reckless endangerment (or similar). I guess the element missing was it bring a criminal act they encouraged.

Anyway, sorry for being a lazy, dim shit, but I do think that kid who quips "Bye Bye" is a dick who needs a slap.

by Anonymousreply 50June 2, 2023 2:55 PM

I went down the rabbit hole of twitter amateur sleuthing (thanks to this thread) that attempted to ascertain if he was attacked by a shark. Many were saying (and citing sources) that sharks follow cruise ships opportunistically. The stills from the video are creepy as hell as it very well could be a shark but one cannot say for sure, however he DID swam away from the buoy thrown in. Another claimed he made a high pitched scream at the 2 to 4 second mark and then a gutteral one (theorizing he was attacked at that point) at the 10,11,12 mark. I can't tell who's screaming to be honest with all those fools on the boat and I listened multiple times.

It's a stark reminder that teenagers are still kids that can't think 15 seconds into the future. Add alcohol to that mix and the chances of life-ending fuckery become astronomical.

by Anonymousreply 51June 2, 2023 5:48 PM

He did *swim* away

by Anonymousreply 52June 2, 2023 5:50 PM

Every year we hear about high school grads who take a trip somewhere and doing something impulsive or stupid and die or disappear. The end result of doing something risky is the luck of the draw. It's still a tragedy when life ends unnecessarily just when it should really be just beginning.

by Anonymousreply 53June 2, 2023 5:59 PM

Burp.

by Anonymousreply 54June 2, 2023 6:08 PM

Jesus god in heaven why’d you have to kill such hot snatch?

by Anonymousreply 55June 2, 2023 6:13 PM

R51 You can hear his agonizing two screams at the end of the video. Nightmare

by Anonymousreply 56June 2, 2023 6:15 PM

I don't think this kid had time to scream. he goes straight down as soon as the shark(s) get him.

by Anonymousreply 57June 2, 2023 6:22 PM

my mother and aunt were over protective with me in high school; I couldn't even go out to a party with the drama club (!) because they were afraid there'd be a car accident.

even back when I was in h.s. there were always stories of things happening.

Poor kid. Poor parents.

Those shits or shit that egged him on should feel guilty forever. But he/they probably won't.

by Anonymousreply 58June 3, 2023 7:03 AM

As stupid as the decision was, the thought of his last moments makes me sick in the pit of my stomach. I hope he was inebriated enough that the panic was short-lived. Drowning would be better than getting eaten alive by sharks, that's for certain. It's horrible and completely senseless.

When I was growing up, my dad always made it very clear to me from a young age just how powerful and dangerous water is—whether it's the ocean, a river, or even a stream, you have to exercise caution. Water is unpredictable and unforgiving, and I've always been keenly aware of this. I'm glad it was taught to me. Intentionally jumping off a cruise ship into the ocean (especially at night) for any reason is unfathomable to me.

by Anonymousreply 59June 3, 2023 7:16 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 3, 2023 8:09 AM

Even at my drunkest, I would never jump a cruise ship at night into shark-infested waters. If I were on LSD, though…..

by Anonymousreply 61June 3, 2023 8:34 AM

R58 how did you ever get peace from them to cruise for cock?!

by Anonymousreply 62June 3, 2023 8:42 AM

R59, So true! The power of moving water! Just standing on an Atlantic beach to let the waves come up to one's feet, the pull of the retreating ocean feels like one is going to fall!

by Anonymousreply 63June 3, 2023 1:41 PM

MARY!!

by Anonymousreply 64June 3, 2023 1:59 PM

Everyone saw the Tik Tok video - did anyone see his friends trying to 'stop' him from jumping ship ? I must've missed it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65June 3, 2023 2:37 PM

And where he has gone missing is part of 'The Bermuda Triangle'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 3, 2023 2:37 PM

R65, A shark story is going to get embellished. Maybe two people said, "Hey, don't!" Or silently put out their hands. Who knows?

The action, the responsibility, and the result were Cameron's and his alone. There is no blame to spread around.

R64, I know! But then, I (r63) am a Frau!

by Anonymousreply 67June 3, 2023 4:19 PM

I stopped reading the comments at #30, so I apologize if this was already mentioned. The vessel he jumped off was an excursion boat, built to to resemble a pirate ship. It wasn't like he leaped several stories off a large ship. If not for that shark, or the propellers it would not have been too difficult for him to get pulled back on board.

by Anonymousreply 68June 3, 2023 5:31 PM

In hindsight he shouldn’t have jumped off the ship

by Anonymousreply 69June 3, 2023 5:34 PM

R69 Seriously ?

by Anonymousreply 70June 3, 2023 5:37 PM

Right after he jumps in you can hear a girl scream, Cameron run there’s a shark! She was likely drunk which is probably why she said run instead of swim.

by Anonymousreply 71June 3, 2023 5:38 PM

R71 wow, I didn't hear that until you pointed it out. You can hear another girl letting out a bloodcurdling scream in the background right before that, I'm assuming because she also could see it.

by Anonymousreply 72June 3, 2023 5:46 PM

When I was his age, under the influence, I would have done the same (and did). I had one particular evening being in Lake Michigan at midnight while on LSD for several hours. Dumb dumb dumb dumb. I’m a living miracle.

I feel SOOOO sorry that this happened to this boy. And he was only a boy. No idea why this particular story affects me, I just really relate to being wild and young and stupid because I did it too.

by Anonymousreply 73June 3, 2023 6:00 PM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 74June 3, 2023 6:33 PM

Who will play him in the inevitable Lifetime movie ? Since he's a teenager, history dictates he will have to be played by an actor over 25.

by Anonymousreply 75June 3, 2023 6:35 PM

If it was a shark, how could the other kids on the boat have missed seeing it attack him? OTOH, if there wasn’t a shark, how could they have lost sight of him and why didn’t someone else go in with another life preserver?

I don’t think jumping off a boat cracks the top 100 list of stupid things teenagers do. Even at night and while drunk.

by Anonymousreply 76June 3, 2023 6:50 PM

[quote]If it was a shark, how could the other kids on the boat have missed seeing it attack him?

Sharks, like obese people, like to eat when no one is watching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77June 3, 2023 6:56 PM

[quote] Who will play him in the inevitable Lifetime movie ? Since he's a teenager, history dictates he will have to be played by an actor over 25.

Stockard Channing.

by Anonymousreply 78June 3, 2023 7:00 PM

[quote]It wasn't like he leaped several stories off a large ship. If not for that shark, or the propellers it would not have been too difficult for him to get pulled back on board.

Thanks R68, you summed it up well. That’s probably why he went ahead with the dare, figuring he could be pulled back on board. You can see how he looks towards the life-preserver thrown to him, spots the shark, and then swims the other way, but he gets pulled down by something. If it were the propellors, though wouldn’t there be evidence floating around? Same with a shark attack. I don’t see how a shark could take him down and leave no trace. It IS the Bermuda Triangle, though, so who knows.

by Anonymousreply 79June 3, 2023 7:31 PM

R79, You never watched "Jaws"? Cameron might show up in parts on some beach.

A shark can certainly drag a person deep and far.

by Anonymousreply 80June 3, 2023 7:43 PM

[quote]If it was a shark, how could the other kids on the boat have missed seeing it attack him?

The screams and “Bye bye” reactions are not from him jumping, but when the students see the shark appear. You can hear someone scream “the current!” which may have been them seeing him being sucked under the boat, into the propellor.

by Anonymousreply 81June 3, 2023 7:45 PM

my brother once ran over a squirrel that ran out in the middle of the road; it all happen so fast. I tried to console him and said, there was nothing you could have done; it all happened so fast.

He goes, 'I know,' sounding a little annoyed.

I wonder how badly that kid who dared him to jump is feeling. If anything.

by Anonymousreply 82June 4, 2023 2:08 AM

OP's posted picture is heartbreaking. He just disappears into the dark. A parent's nightmare. I imagine the second he hit the water, he sobered up and became terrified.

by Anonymousreply 83June 4, 2023 2:45 AM

[quote] my brother once ran over a squirrel that ran out in the middle of the road; it all happen so fast.

What does accidentally running over a squirrel have to do with what happened to this guy?

by Anonymousreply 84June 4, 2023 3:00 AM

I was in the mood for Cajun food.

by Anonymousreply 85June 4, 2023 3:01 AM

R84, I'm just wondering if the kid who taunted Cameron into jumping feels as guilt-free as my brother did over running over that squirrel.

by Anonymousreply 86June 4, 2023 3:13 AM

Do you people jump off the ship or fall off the ship on gay cruises? I would think the incidence rate is higher.

by Anonymousreply 87June 4, 2023 3:31 AM

r76 the issue with other's missing the shark is that we only have ONE video from the bow of the ship. Based on the boat and location of the party, most folks would be in the middle. So we don't know what other's saw and it's hard to hear a lot of what's said. But the camera person is much higher than those in the middle who certainly would have spotted the shark.

From what little we heard from first witness accounts, the weather was crap due to a pending storm. A lot of the kids were already cold and over the cruise. They huddle in the covered portion of the boat drinking. So, many had no idea some other high school fools were planning to jump. Since everyone has been radio silent, I assume there was more to the dare than is being reported. Teenagers never shut up but the entire boat has said next to nothing.

Not for nothing, but even without the sharks, the kid knew a storm was coming and thought this would be a good idea? But his parents said he was adopted as a baby, so maybe he had a long-term need to acceptance which lead to playing class-clown right over a boat.

But this is a person so RIP to this kid. Also, his friends are hot and can call me if they need comfort.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88June 4, 2023 3:37 AM

Honestly, this has been niggling away at my mind the past couple of days. It's truly shocking. Shocking how dumb he was and also shocking because how could the poor young shmuck ever in a million years predicted that he was about to be ripped to shreds by sharks?

I also imagine all of the kids who watched it happened are rather fucked up about it. Maybe if they were super drunk their memories of it are not clear, which would be a blessing. It's very surreal, the whole damn thing.

by Anonymousreply 89June 4, 2023 3:42 AM

r79 there is no way he was pulled down by the propellers.

1. The boat was stationary or at least engines were off.

2. Contrary to popular belief from the video, the guy shooting is in the front, bow of the ship. You can see the netting from the video in this photo. There is no netting in the back that matches the video. Cameron swam, or was carried by the current, towards the front of the ship which defies logic for anyone speculating that he was pulled under via the ship's propellers in the stern.

I agree, he saw the shark. Sharks aren't usually alone in these waters. He's away from the lights as they start to feast. Super sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90June 4, 2023 3:43 AM

r90 here, I'm correcting my statement. Some are saying the boat was heading back to shore. From Reddit post an hour ago.

His mother said they were on their way back when he jumped over so they were not anchored. She said her son called her and told her Cameron jumped and they couldn’t find him. So all the kids were juiced up on the way back. I’m from the same town as him. This is absolutely terrible I can’t imagine the pain his family is going through.

Another Reddit Post:

I’m surprised by that too. According to an interview given by a woman who’s son was on the boat, his friends tried to physically restrain him from jumping but he broke loose. It sounded like the boat had been anchored most of the trip and the kids were getting drunk and bored so someone started a game of challenge which presumably led to the “jump off the boat” dare. I say this because if his friends were near and trying to restrain him, it presumably would have garnered some attention with kids expecting him to jump/not jump. There’s no way cameras weren’t at the ready. Maybe it happened that fast but it also looks like the video shows someone sitting in the ropes by the mast with a phone recording as well so that’s at least one video that hasn’t come out. I’m also really shocked that the kid whose voice is the most prominent in the video hasn’t been outed. He mocked a kid who was either being bitten by a shark/s or being pulled out to sea. Pretty shitty thing to do. These were all kids from the Baton Rouge area. Different schools but same trip. Someone knows who he is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 4, 2023 3:48 AM

The “bye bye” kid is a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 92June 4, 2023 3:56 AM

I think the kid that jumped into shark infested waters when a storm was approaching is a much bigger worry r92, well, not so much anymore.

by Anonymousreply 93June 4, 2023 3:59 AM

Where are the eyewitness accounts? Any of you heard any?

by Anonymousreply 94June 4, 2023 4:03 AM

[quote]I'm just wondering if the kid who taunted Cameron into jumping feels as guilt-free as my brother did over running over that squirrel.

Daring a human to jump off of a cruise ship is a little more serious than accidentally running over mere vermin.

by Anonymousreply 95June 4, 2023 4:13 AM

[quote]There’s no way cameras weren’t at the ready. Maybe it happened that fast but it also looks like the video shows someone sitting in the ropes by the mast with a phone recording as well so that’s at least one video that hasn’t come out.

I’m sure law enforcement is withholding the footage of events prior to the jump to ensure a fair trial when the civil cases are filed.

by Anonymousreply 96June 4, 2023 4:13 AM

R95 definitely. for some reason it crossed my mind; my brother was so 'oh, so what about it' - it chilled me he could feel that way over any living creature; he was driving; the kid who taunted Cameron 'just' used his words.

My heart breaks for Cameron and his family. If the kid was trying to fit in, then it's even more tragic.

by Anonymousreply 97June 4, 2023 4:20 AM

If the “bye bye” guy was one of the students egging Cameron on, yeah — he’s a psycho. If, however, he was one of the students trying to hold him back, he could be one of those guys habitually makes sarcastic remarks, and this one came out automatically in response to the shock and trauma of what he saw. It almost sounded like an angry, “fuck it, I tried to save your dumb ass.”

by Anonymousreply 98June 4, 2023 4:50 AM

the trash was just taking itself out...

no big loss.

by Anonymousreply 99June 4, 2023 4:58 AM

Was it brackish water?

by Anonymousreply 100June 4, 2023 5:16 AM

It was a yummish kidder.

by Anonymousreply 101June 4, 2023 5:26 AM

[quote] Where are the eyewitness accounts?

Yes, I saw him fall in right away. I was actually feeling pretty hungry but they NEVER fall into the water from those big ships. I saw him splash in and the only conclusion I could come to is that they threw him in to feed me. I mean, no other explanation made any sense….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102June 4, 2023 5:28 AM

[quote] Was it brackish water?

Jesus, the Chinese blame race for everything.

by Anonymousreply 103June 4, 2023 5:30 AM

Have there been any interviews with eyewitness reports? Has anyone been quoted as saying they saw sharks in the water? Surely other kids filmed it or have posted about it on Tik Tok. Where’s the investigative journalism?

by Anonymousreply 104June 4, 2023 5:54 AM

There’s a newer video on Twitter that shows him punching the water before he turns around and a few shots of the kids on the boat before and after. It appears to be the same as the original video but you can clearly see him punching the water, maybe trying to keep a shark away before he turns around toward the boat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105June 4, 2023 5:55 AM

The male screams towards the end before the guy near the phone says: "This fuckin kid's gone, bro.", are chilling. If that was the kid fleeing/getting chewed on by sharks, it sure as shit sounded like some kid watching it happen.

by Anonymousreply 106June 4, 2023 6:05 AM

Q: How did they know that the girl from "Jaws" had dandruff?

A: They found her Head & Shoulders on the beach!

by Anonymousreply 107June 4, 2023 6:06 AM

*if that wasn't the kid fleeing/getting chewed on

by Anonymousreply 108June 4, 2023 6:09 AM

After watching r105 I'm convinced a shark got him. He's clearly punching the water and the swell that happened afterwards by his legs looked like one attacking.

by Anonymousreply 109June 4, 2023 6:15 AM

Why were parents even there if they were going to let the kids get drunk? Must not have been as chaperones.

by Anonymousreply 110June 4, 2023 6:16 AM

The video makes me dizzy. I wish someone skilled would edit out the extraneous camera panning and music. Just focus the video on the kid in the water and the spectators’ comments. And surely other kids were filming this if he was being dared to jump in.

by Anonymousreply 111June 4, 2023 6:22 AM

What was playing on his Spotify?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112June 4, 2023 6:47 AM

R98 good point but in watching the newer video it's clear the "Bye Bye" kid wasn't restraining him and just happened to be observing/mocking. What a cunt he is

by Anonymousreply 113June 4, 2023 10:22 AM

beyond the sea

La Mer (the sea)

Lost at sea

---some songs on his ipod

by Anonymousreply 114June 4, 2023 10:32 AM

Presumed dead? Do they think he might have been rescued by a pirate submarine?

by Anonymousreply 115June 4, 2023 10:34 AM

R115 I've found you can never say someone is truly dead dead til they've been cremated! Maybe not even then..

by Anonymousreply 116June 4, 2023 10:37 AM

I dunno, I think the bye bye guy just sounds drunk. Probably didn't even comprehend what was going on.

That latest Twitter video is heartbreaking. Poor kid, took on a dare that many of us would have at his age, especially whilst inebriated, and then died in perhaps the most terrifying way.

by Anonymousreply 117June 4, 2023 12:10 PM

Whilst?!

Boy, were you from? You ain’t from these parts.

by Anonymousreply 118June 4, 2023 12:34 PM

He's Bri-ish

by Anonymousreply 119June 4, 2023 1:20 PM

I think the "bye bye" kid is the same one who was screaming about the buoy seconds later.

by Anonymousreply 120June 4, 2023 1:25 PM

The "bye bye" kid is going to burn in hell for saying "bye bye" as his peer was being devoured by sharks

by Anonymousreply 121June 4, 2023 1:29 PM

Actually, Australian. That's the second time I've been jeered at for typing whilst. Am I using it wrong, or does it make me sound like an old man?

by Anonymousreply 122June 4, 2023 1:36 PM

No, no it's fine. Keep whilsting away.

by Anonymousreply 123June 4, 2023 1:56 PM

r111 high schools really need to teach a video recording lesson because too many great things are missed by camera people trying to pan out to unimportant information.

r105 even though this is the same video, it makes me even more sad for the kid. before I didn't feel much but now we know that the original video cut out the fact that he was already fighting for his life and likely attacked. Him looking back up at the boat for help is probably the saddest part. Poor kid.

by Anonymousreply 124June 4, 2023 2:15 PM

r121 they sound nothing alike. The grab the buoy guy is someone else.

by Anonymousreply 125June 4, 2023 2:18 PM

R105's video has the frau who posted it implore, "this could happen to any of our kids!" Um, no, not if you don't let them go on shitty booze cruises and get lit. I mean, if he was crossing the street and got run over, then yeah, it could happen to any of them, but this was fucking bad decisions and booze.

by Anonymousreply 126June 4, 2023 2:40 PM

Unpopular opinion, that "bye bye" kid just seems like a realist, like holy shit, you're dead, vaya con dios. I think he was in shock that someone actually did this dumb thing.

by Anonymousreply 127June 4, 2023 2:42 PM

It makes you sound silly.

by Anonymousreply 128June 4, 2023 2:52 PM

Agree r127. Plus he was shmackled so I don't think it was intended in the way it sounded.

by Anonymousreply 129June 4, 2023 3:08 PM

[quote] The video makes me dizzy. I wish someone skilled would edit out the extraneous camera panning and music.

They should have thought of your viewing pleasure when they filmed it!

by Anonymousreply 130June 4, 2023 3:23 PM

[quote] Plus he was shmackled

Liza has entered the room.

by Anonymousreply 131June 4, 2023 3:29 PM

The other thread is getting quite dramatic. Everyone seeing two sharks coming for him, and hearing a girl yell, "Cameron, run, there's a shark!" I don't see any of that.

by Anonymousreply 132June 4, 2023 3:31 PM

Night time is Big Fish Time. Do not swim.

by Anonymousreply 133June 4, 2023 3:35 PM

Jesus God in heaven, why did you have to kill such hot mansnatch?

by Anonymousreply 134June 4, 2023 3:59 PM

Another snuff video? No tanks.

by Anonymousreply 135June 4, 2023 4:19 PM

Posters are wondering where other phone videos are.

I'm wondering where the SECURITY cameras were!

I'm wondering why the company website clearly is marketing to adults ("Two fully-stocked bars"), not mentioning any teen milestone such as a high school graduation.

I'm wondering why the company/owner of Blackbeard's Revenge (Sunset Cruise) and/or crew members/employees haven't said Word One. NO STATEMENT OF CONDOLENCE.

Indeed, both the Twitter and Facebook pages of this company haven't been updated in a long while.

Somebody has, as they say, lawyered up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136June 4, 2023 4:21 PM

And to add to r136 (me),....

I'm wondering where any adult crew members/security personnel were.

I'm wondering where any adult chaperones from the school and/or the families were.

I speak as a former teacher who arranged for and chaperoned three week-long trips to Europe with high school students.

by Anonymousreply 137June 4, 2023 4:25 PM

If these idiots are high school grads, then aren't some of them at least 18 and therefore legal adults?

by Anonymousreply 138June 4, 2023 4:41 PM

r137 it was an adult cruise because it was 18 and older. This isn't a school trip, all of these teens just graduated from high school. Their high schools have no responsibility for a group of students going off on a private group trip with other 18+ high school graduates.

by Anonymousreply 139June 4, 2023 5:06 PM

Their parents knew it was a booze cruise, FFS. It was a tradition for the graduating class to go and get blitzed. I'm sure everyone signed a waiver before they boarded, too.

by Anonymousreply 140June 4, 2023 5:34 PM

Where's Nancy Grace when you need her ? We need her now - to make sense of this case and to start with the lawsuits.

We need Sunny Hostin and the Rev Al Sharpton to bring attention to this - oh no, never mind. The kid was white. They won't say anything.

by Anonymousreply 141June 4, 2023 6:16 PM

Thank you, r139. I had thought it was a school-sponsored event.

FTR, r138, your operative word is "some." Speaking for all the July--December birthdays.

by Anonymousreply 142June 4, 2023 6:28 PM

R140, A waiver? Hahaha! Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 143June 4, 2023 6:29 PM

I stand by the rest of my points in r136:

No condolences, nor any other kind of official company statement.

No video from any security cameras (that has been made known).

No bouncers/security personnel in a position to guard, literally, against jumps (or fights or assaults), particularly since the company knew from the booking that the passengers were teens.

This boat, IOW, was a floating bar, but without any of a bar's safety features.

by Anonymousreply 144June 4, 2023 6:38 PM

[quote]Jesus God in heaven, why did you have to kill such hot mansnatch?

Because the shark was a HOMOSEXUAL.

by Anonymousreply 145June 4, 2023 7:40 PM

R144 We don't know for certain a lot of what you say.

We don't know if they did offer condolences to the family and / or to the other passengers.

We don't know if they were prepared to release an official statement, and have been advised to withhold it for now from their attorneys or other officials.

We don't know if they released security footage to authorities or lawyers, or the family and was told not to make it public.

We don't know if the boat was staffed with any kind of security or if it was the booking parties' responsibility to provide such for their teen passengers (or staff chaperones).

We don't know much at this point, but I'm sure we will find out in due time.

by Anonymousreply 146June 4, 2023 11:17 PM

A debate on shark vs not-a-shark theories.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147June 4, 2023 11:32 PM

Obviously, r146, I meant what is known by and has been told to the public.

I can't recall any similarly newsworthy tragedy involving a company/institution where the latter made no public statement, if only to note that a tragedy OCCURRED.

by Anonymousreply 148June 4, 2023 11:42 PM

if not a shark, then what? of course it was a shark!

by Anonymousreply 149June 4, 2023 11:52 PM

[quote] I did a lot of stupid shit at his age to try and fit in. I got drunk at a bar and somehow made it back to my dorm just because I wanted to be cool and fit in. I'm lucky to be alive.

R28 Are we missing part of this story?

by Anonymousreply 150June 4, 2023 11:56 PM

R147 makes compelling points in the video.

by Anonymousreply 151June 5, 2023 12:26 AM

I would’ve ate his ass….but the shark beat me to it!

by Anonymousreply 152June 5, 2023 12:32 AM

He would be alive if he did something normal for a grad like backpacking across Europe. The worst that could happen there is to get pickpocketed.

by Anonymousreply 153June 5, 2023 12:36 AM

High school grads don’t backpack across Europe. If he’d been in So Cal, he would have been quite safe: Grad Night at Disneyland…the local rite of passage.

by Anonymousreply 154June 5, 2023 12:49 AM

Redrum Twitter and Frank have enhanced the video frame by frame.

Summary: Multiple bull sharks (only shark whose eyes glow red) attack Cameron. There can be no denying this now.

One first bites off Cameron's right hand, then returns to take that arm off at the shoulder. In both instances the stumps are visible, and from the shoulder comes a cloud of blood.

Simultaneously, another shark comes up from below to rip off his legs, possibly biting him in half.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155June 5, 2023 12:50 AM

At least his Grandpa didn't drop him through the window

by Anonymousreply 156June 5, 2023 12:53 AM

Bull sharks are FAST!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157June 5, 2023 12:53 AM

Is this going to be like that "is this dress blue or gold" photo?

by Anonymousreply 158June 5, 2023 12:55 AM

R155 Ugh. Great, thanks so much...

by Anonymousreply 159June 5, 2023 12:56 AM

Thank you R155. Nice work.

by Anonymousreply 160June 5, 2023 1:12 AM

Oops! Tiger shark video at r157! Here's a bull shark one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161June 5, 2023 1:23 AM

This is the "Frank" Twitter detailed analysis of Cameron (r155):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162June 5, 2023 2:11 AM

R147 seems far more credible than r155 which is by comparison, a nothing burger with a side of confirmation bias.

I still don't see a shark, Marys!!

by Anonymousreply 163June 5, 2023 2:48 AM

R155 Yeah, there can be denying it. It's case closed because some creeps on twitter say it is? No, let the shark shit go, you act like the kid wouldn't have drowned anyhow, that's usually how people die in the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 164June 5, 2023 3:29 AM

Oh well you didnt get the memo R163, there can be no denying it now! R155 has decreed it.

by Anonymousreply 165June 5, 2023 3:30 AM

If you cannot see the distinctive glowing eye, the clear gray shape at the boy's feet, the blood erupting from his torn-off arm: if you think he turned away from the life preserver because of ripples in the water, that this strong athlete disappeared under the water because of a propeller on a stationary boat; if you refuse to acknowledge that sharks abound in the Bahamas and often hang around boats for scraps---well, go ahead and just think the boy sank from what? Twenty-seconds of exhaustion?

by Anonymousreply 166June 5, 2023 4:50 AM

I saw much of what was said in the video (shark's eyes, near his legs, etc.) but never saw the blood erupting from his torn-off arm. This poor kid.

by Anonymousreply 167June 5, 2023 4:53 AM

"The glowing eye, the blood erupting from his torn off arm..." Come on!

by Anonymousreply 168June 5, 2023 5:03 AM

Shark Attack in the Bahamas? Louisiana Teen Jumps Overboard on Dare, shark spotted?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169June 5, 2023 5:20 AM

From the few pictures I have seen he looks like a good natured guy, such a shame.

by Anonymousreply 170June 5, 2023 5:59 AM

[quote]If you cannot see the distinctive glowing eye, the clear gray shape at the boy's feet, the blood erupting from his torn-off arm: if you think he turned away from the life preserver because of ripples in the water, that this strong athlete disappeared under the water because of a propeller…

M

A

R

Y

!!!

by Anonymousreply 171June 5, 2023 6:37 AM

If you listen carefully, you can hear the shark burp.

by Anonymousreply 172June 5, 2023 6:45 AM

You mean the throaty growl after the glowing eyed shark devoured the terrified boy, R172? Yeah I can totally hear it.

by Anonymousreply 173June 5, 2023 6:48 AM

The worst part was when the glowing-eyed shark used its tail fin to toss body parts in the air, catching them in its mouth like a frat boy eating Cheetos. I can’t believe that no one on the boat saw that!

by Anonymousreply 174June 5, 2023 7:07 AM

It was actually two sharks and they lady and the tramped it.

by Anonymousreply 175June 5, 2023 7:13 AM

Aw… how romantic, R175.

by Anonymousreply 176June 5, 2023 7:15 AM

[quote]it was an adult cruise because it was 18 and older.

Were they 18? Or were they more like 21? Because if they were drinking, shouldn't they have been required to be 21? Which jurisdiction were they in?

by Anonymousreply 177June 5, 2023 7:47 AM

The legal drinking age in the Bahamas is 18, R177.

by Anonymousreply 178June 5, 2023 7:55 AM

Oh that explains why the went off shore R178 thanks

by Anonymousreply 179June 5, 2023 8:17 AM

Every male Cameron I have known has been troubled. RIP

by Anonymousreply 180June 5, 2023 8:30 AM

I can't tell anything from the videos but I believe people if they think it's a shark because of how he was acting. It was weird for him to swim the opposite way. Suicide seems highly unlikely to do it that way. Sad but what can you do unless you make cruises stop serving alcohol so that handful of people won't end up diving off them.

by Anonymousreply 181June 5, 2023 8:37 AM

It's wild that people can see arms and legs falling off, and blood. How are people seeing this?

by Anonymousreply 182June 5, 2023 8:59 AM

Remember the underwater photos of the ocean floor showing the supposed remains of Natalie Holloway? It was just an arrangement of rocks and coral that looked nothing like human bones. People have morbid imaginations.

by Anonymousreply 183June 5, 2023 9:14 AM

I'm seeing nothing in the videos except the body of the boy swimming. But it looks as though something has scared him.

by Anonymousreply 184June 5, 2023 10:23 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185June 5, 2023 10:43 AM

At the end of R185's linked article, local law enforcement alludes to them thinking Robbins was attacked and consumed by sharks:

"Providing an update earlier this week, Royal Bahamas Defense Force (RBDF) Commodore Raymond King confirmed the area where Robbins went overboard is 'really shark infested.'"

by Anonymousreply 186June 5, 2023 10:46 AM

I saw the Little Mermaid surface, grab hold of his hand, and pull him down into the deep. After that, it was a bit x-rated.

by Anonymousreply 187June 5, 2023 11:44 AM

— the objects reported to be seen are actually white caps from the wake of the passing ship

— the "shark" is Cameron's foot breaching the surface of the water while he's swimming

— the likeliest shark in that area.is only about 4 - 5 feet long, certainly not capable of dragging him under so swiftly or killing him that quickly if at all

— the chance of a shark lying in wait is slim to none. Even if they were attracted by the splash, shark behaviour dictates that they would observe their pray for a while before deciding to move in

— if a shark did get him, the possibility is much greater that it would have been later on, much later after he entered the water.

by Anonymousreply 188June 5, 2023 11:46 AM

Prey*

by Anonymousreply 189June 5, 2023 11:47 AM

R188 so what did happen? Why didn't he grab the life preserver? Why did he swim away from help?

by Anonymousreply 190June 5, 2023 11:47 AM

Disorientation, he was likely highly intoxicated and therefore couldn't get his bearings, was being pulled by the undertow of the ship, etc.

Why are people assuming the most unlikely scenario when the very reason he jumped in the first place was because he was [Bold]impaired[/Bold] and therefore more than capable of drowning?

by Anonymousreply 191June 5, 2023 11:52 AM

I wonder if he had time to regret his decision or understood how serious it was. Maybe because he knew he was being filmed he decided not to freak out or try too hard.

by Anonymousreply 192June 5, 2023 12:06 PM

R164, I presume you have not watched all the pertinent videos linked to at my r155.

Why are you so angry? The Bahamas are known shark havens.

by Anonymousreply 193June 5, 2023 12:19 PM

I wonder if the parents will create some sort of scholarship and name it after him, something about oceanic research.

by Anonymousreply 194June 5, 2023 12:21 PM

They should call it C.H.U.M.

Cameron Helps Underwater Marinelife

Something like that.

by Anonymousreply 195June 5, 2023 12:24 PM

LMAOROTF Thanks R195

by Anonymousreply 196June 5, 2023 12:28 PM

R162

Am I right in noting that Frank’s Twitter threads are merely himself replying to himself?

by Anonymousreply 197June 5, 2023 12:35 PM

R155 your evidence proves *nothing* and I've watched all of what you've posted, yet you talk like everybody should be seeing what you're seeing. You sound like you're seeing whatever fits your narrative. I see nothing of what you've described. Perhaps this is why people are frustrated with you, like r164.

by Anonymousreply 198June 5, 2023 1:58 PM

R193 Yes — its a shark haven. The thing is, sharks rarely attack people — people are not their prey. But when they do, its all over the news. Maybe the shark was disoriented too, though. Sometimes they’ll bite a human when they are surprised or feel threatened or mistake the human for other prey. There are a lot of nurse sharks in the area, but they are so small and non-threatening that tourists swim with them. There was an Instagram model who did exactly that and was pulled under by one, so it could happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199June 5, 2023 3:56 PM

[quote] Where's Nancy Grace when you need her ? We need her now - to make sense of this case and to start with the lawsuits.

BOOZE JAMBOREE!

BIG BALCONY VIEW!

THROWN AWAY LIKE CHUM TO THE SHARKS!

by Anonymousreply 200June 5, 2023 4:48 PM

R155 I’m one coke ass bitch, that rarely feels much in instances like this, but your account of the video was horrifying. The kid did not deserve such a fair. To be so close to safety but unable to gain help is horrible. He must have felt so alone, so scared, and in so much pain.

I’m not sure if people would handle seeing other vids from this but I shudder to think what a closer account was able to capture.

by Anonymousreply 201June 5, 2023 5:04 PM

Cold*, not coke.

by Anonymousreply 202June 5, 2023 5:06 PM

You know there are other videos. This age group vids everything.

Only a couple reasons why they aren't public.

by Anonymousreply 203June 5, 2023 5:08 PM

Remember, most sharks will not attack humans. So even if a shark is there there's no clear indication it was a man-eating shark, or even if it was that it wanted to eat him. He more likely just drowned.

It is weird to me some of you seem to be demanding more videos (as if that were somehow your God-given right).

by Anonymousreply 204June 5, 2023 5:10 PM

Well, as for shark v. feet v. wake, the parents have decided to go with "lost at sea," and the authorities have closed the "case."

As with Bob Saget's death, there will be no lawsuits by the family, lest a more definitive resolution become clear to all. IOW, finis. Or, in someone's immortal farewell, "Bye-bye."

by Anonymousreply 205June 5, 2023 5:25 PM

R204 sharks don’t know if human meat is human until they take a bite. They are dumb killing machines. There were multiple sharks so even if they didn’t eat him, a bite is fatal. From what we can see, more than one shark took bites of him. Doesn’t mean they swallowed.

I can’t speak for others but I would like other vids because the “friends’” narrative reads like bullshit. The story went from a dare, to them holding him back from jumping, to “he might have been suicidal”.

Yet everyone is silent. When teenagers aren’t sharing videos that’s a sign that there could be a coverup or loss of guilt. It doesn’t matter for my life, it’ll go on, but like any good mystery, I want to know more about this dare and why other vids have been withheld so tightly.

Even, Reddit accounts are sparse which is completely abnormal. The gag order here is really really suspect.

by Anonymousreply 206June 5, 2023 5:27 PM

[quote]From what we can see, more than one shark took bites of him.

SHOW ME THESE MULTIPLE BITING SHARKS!! Not saying I don't believe you, but where are you seeing more than one shark? Where are you seeing the bites? I cannot make it out.

by Anonymousreply 207June 5, 2023 5:34 PM

Literally posters up thread mention them and multiple accounts on Twitter. Start with r155 then kee scrolling up for information.

by Anonymousreply 208June 5, 2023 5:49 PM

The amount of splashing that would occur during a shark attack would make it obvious. They don’t slice things off as the slide by.

by Anonymousreply 209June 5, 2023 6:02 PM

R209 sharks don’t feed like Orcas at the surface, they attempt to pull their prey down below the surface.

by Anonymousreply 210June 5, 2023 6:05 PM

So many shark experts, Bahamas experts, swimming experts, drinking age experts, cruise chip experts.

by Anonymousreply 211June 5, 2023 6:37 PM

[quote]"where are you seeing more than one shark? Where are you seeing the bites? I cannot make it out."

[quote]"Literally posters up thread mention them and multiple accounts on Twitter"

R208, people on DL or on Twitter "mentioning" multiple sharks, multiple bites, missing limbs and blood -- and me PERCEIVING all of this in the video with my eyeballs -- are different things.

by Anonymousreply 212June 5, 2023 7:08 PM

Shark attacks seems likely here. A cruise ship where food is thrown overboard thus creating bait, it happened during the night when sharks hunt and the fact he got pulled under water. If he drowned his body would have floated to the surface.

by Anonymousreply 213June 5, 2023 7:08 PM

R153. Not that safe. He could be attacked by the local werewolf. I did egg my friend on by asking him to kill himself afterwards. Ah, the follies of youth.

by Anonymousreply 214June 5, 2023 7:11 PM

I fully believe there were sharks involved. I just wish I could see what some other viewers attest to be seeing with such seeming crystal clarity. I think I see a shark swimming towards Cameron, parallel to the boat. And then perhaps that same shark coming over and biting his legs? But then, the video at R147 shows how that blob of white could very well just be a splash from Cameron's own foot kicking the water. So then I don't know.

Multiple sharks though, I am not seeing that at all. Unless we are talking about the multiple white glints on the water - said to be the glowing eyes of tiger or bull sharks in certain processed images?

by Anonymousreply 215June 5, 2023 7:19 PM

I'm anti shark, at least no shark in the video.

Anyway, it's been a morbidly interesting thread. This is why I come here.

RIP poor boy.

by Anonymousreply 216June 5, 2023 7:20 PM

[quote]Even, Reddit accounts are sparse which is completely abnormal. The gag order here is really really suspect

So, you're saying the ABSENCE of evidence is what really confirms for you that he was eaten by sharks. (as well as things people say they are are seeing in the video no one else sees).

Hitchens's razor: "What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."

by Anonymousreply 217June 5, 2023 7:36 PM

"From what we can see, more than one shark took bites of him. " We, in fact, can't see that at all.

by Anonymousreply 218June 5, 2023 8:11 PM

How far were they from shore?

by Anonymousreply 219June 5, 2023 8:17 PM

**BEARKING** He just washed-up in the lagoon!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220June 5, 2023 8:25 PM

Sad but you can't blame the sharks.

by Anonymousreply 221June 5, 2023 9:30 PM

Those who did not see the shark in the video - did you look at the various videos with different filters and different resolution?

I think it was the twitter link on R155. Scroll down for multiple filter/resolutions of the same video.

by Anonymousreply 222June 5, 2023 11:51 PM

Yes, R222 that's how I was able to clearly see the face of the shark. It's just when people start talking about multiple sharks and missing limbs and bloody water that I loose the plot. I can't see any of that stuff.

by Anonymousreply 223June 6, 2023 12:08 AM

R223 Me neither.

by Anonymousreply 224June 6, 2023 12:42 AM

Was he heavily in credit debt, and trying to 'disappear'?

by Anonymousreply 225June 6, 2023 12:50 AM

It was a Mexican drug cartel!

by Anonymousreply 226June 6, 2023 1:20 AM

[quote]Brian Trascher, Vice President and spokesperson for the United Cajun Navy, a non-profit that has worked with the Robbins family. “We’ve consulted with oceanography and fisheries experts. They don’t believe … that he came in contact with any kind of shark or predatory marine life."

[quote]Bahamas lifeguard/ocean expert Butch Hendricks: "We don’t see the thrashing, we don’t see [blood]. A better chance that he just, he hits his head on the side of the boat or he gets the wind knocked out of him when he hits the water, he can’t catch his breath and then, in 60 seconds he’s leaving the surface.”

I honestly give up at this point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227June 6, 2023 1:39 AM

[Quote] Was he heavily in credit debt, and trying to 'disappear'?

Yes. Specifically he got mixed up with Loan Sharks.

by Anonymousreply 228June 6, 2023 2:05 AM

Ah Haaaaa.....

by Anonymousreply 229June 6, 2023 2:09 AM

R227 gives great insights in the article, this among others:

[Quote] “Knocking the wind out of himself when he hits the water is a very high possibility – now he’s struggling and he could sink.”

by Anonymousreply 230June 6, 2023 2:15 AM

There's also an underwater channel that they ventured over at the time of their passage that, had he got sucked into it, he will not come up from.

by Anonymousreply 231June 6, 2023 2:17 AM

He became 'The Little Merman'. Timothee Chalamet will play him in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 232June 6, 2023 2:29 AM

Suspicious we haven't heard more about the people daring him to jump, they know enough to stay quiet about it now.

by Anonymousreply 233June 6, 2023 3:21 AM

Jesus christ, we didn't think he'd really do it!

by Anonymousreply 234June 6, 2023 3:43 AM

Ok, I agree that there is zero blood, no limbs being torn off, etc. However, there is clearly a shark there! You can see it! Why would they deny it? Are my eyes playing tricks on me? How do they explain that other form in the water?

And no fit athlete gets the wind knocked out of them jumping off that little boat!! How high was that jump, anyone want to guess? Think of the high dive at your local swimming pool….how often do you see people getting “the wind knocked out of them” on the high dive? Never? Me too. STUPID theory, and yes, I’m taking into account how drunk he was. I’ve seen people do a lot of crazy shit while wasted in bodies of water. It’s astonishing actually. But the fact that this kid was upright and moving like he was treading water does not seem like a wind knocking situation. Also, why did he move the opposite of the life buoy? I believe he could see something in the water and maybe even felt one swim by him and tag his leg — hence swimming away from the buoy.

by Anonymousreply 235June 6, 2023 4:39 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236June 6, 2023 5:10 AM

It appears the sharks have lawyered up.

by Anonymousreply 237June 6, 2023 5:17 AM

I saw the shark and it had laser beams coming out of its eyes and fire shooting out of its mouth.

by Anonymousreply 238June 6, 2023 5:29 AM

And then it looked at me!

by Anonymousreply 239June 6, 2023 5:59 AM

R235, exactly and in the longer video we can see him punching the water.

Team shark!

by Anonymousreply 240June 6, 2023 6:00 AM

Bay be shark do do do do to do

by Anonymousreply 241June 6, 2023 6:04 AM

In this inverted video it looks like a shark bit off his left arm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242June 6, 2023 6:13 AM

When you get the wind knocked out of you, it's not a delayed reaction; Robbins swam for a while after he jumped.

Head injury? He was aware enough to see and head towards the life preserver...at first.

As the shape(s) (won't say 🦈 🦈 🦈 Lort) show up around him in the water, right before he stops propelling himself there are three horrifying screams from a young male. The tenor of those screams --all by the same person-- are of a different type than any other in the entire video. His? Someone who realizes exactly what is going on?

After the three screams is when his totally inert body/what's left of it, floats under the netting into the darkness.

by Anonymousreply 243June 6, 2023 10:51 AM

R238 with frickin’ laser beams!

by Anonymousreply 244June 6, 2023 12:11 PM

When the shark bites…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245June 6, 2023 12:13 PM

You can drown in a bathtub.

by Anonymousreply 246June 6, 2023 4:03 PM

He didn’t wait for 30 minutes after eating.

by Anonymousreply 247June 6, 2023 4:17 PM

Do I have to join TikTok to open R242’s vid? When I try, I get a server unavailable message.

by Anonymousreply 248June 6, 2023 4:31 PM

Ralphie, honey, at R239, your unsupervised Internet time is over!

by Anonymousreply 249June 6, 2023 4:37 PM

My cat’s breath smells like cat food!

by Anonymousreply 250June 6, 2023 5:17 PM

R227, The family has totally shut down any further investigation or search. Their, and hence the authorities', last and official word is "lost at sea." The family simply can't deal with a different scenario.

by Anonymousreply 251June 6, 2023 6:27 PM

R251 The family wants to hurry up and file the life insurance claim without further delay. They can't wait much longer for that money.

by Anonymousreply 252June 6, 2023 7:13 PM

Arm(s) gone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253June 6, 2023 7:17 PM

I’m not seeing it. His left arm is still there, it’s just under the black, opaque water.

by Anonymousreply 254June 6, 2023 7:38 PM

[quote] r111 high schools really need to teach a video recording lesson because too many great things are missed by camera people trying to pan out to unimportant information.

You're actually saying this because you're dissastisfied with the video we have. You think it's the job of [italic]high schools[/italic] to teach kids how to execute video recording sessions so you can see what happened to this kid who jumped off a cruise ship.

You are also the person at r206 who told us we see multiple sharks bite the kid in the video.

You must be the biggest idiot I have come across in years.

by Anonymousreply 255June 6, 2023 7:50 PM

R255 to be fair, not as big an idiot as Cameron

by Anonymousreply 256June 6, 2023 8:46 PM

R207, It's the tell-tale, and unique to the bull shark, glowing eyes, of which several can be seen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257June 6, 2023 9:39 PM

I'd hazard to guess that Robbins was able to see the glow of those eyes, too R257. Which is why he turned AWAY from the life ring and later punched at the water. I think he saw several sets of them before the end.

by Anonymousreply 258June 6, 2023 10:01 PM

He may have changed directions and moved away from the life preserver 🛟 due to the person/people screaming at him to get to the buoy. Maybe there was a buoy out of frame to to right.

by Anonymousreply 259June 6, 2023 10:13 PM

His parents should rename him "Bob," posthumously

by Anonymousreply 260June 6, 2023 10:38 PM

R260 Stu

by Anonymousreply 261June 6, 2023 10:41 PM

Isn't the advice if a shark comes close to you to try to stun it by punching it between its eyes?

by Anonymousreply 262June 6, 2023 11:48 PM

Maybe Cameron made it safely to the Atlantic Ocean, and he's swimming across the sea - soon to make land on the coast of South Africa. We will hear from him in a few weeks.

It will become an Oscar winning performance for Timothee.

by Anonymousreply 263June 7, 2023 12:30 AM

Rr262, yes, yes it is. I’m sure this drunk 18 year old was focused on recalling survival techniques in open water. In the dark.

HORRIBLE horrible horrible death. I don’t know why, but this story still gets me, it is just too much. It makes me so sad, and it just makes me think of all the fucked up shit going on in this world, it is just too much, I know how much of a Mary I’m being. Can’t help it. This kid should still be here!

by Anonymousreply 264June 7, 2023 1:01 AM

It's been two weeks and this story has gotten to me, as well. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because it was such a senseless death that could've been so easily prevented. Booze and cruise never mixed.

by Anonymousreply 265June 7, 2023 1:17 AM

Why can’t I stop thinking about this? I keep thinking of poor Cameron bob bob bobbing. along, only half the man he once was, alone in the dark.

by Anonymousreply 266June 7, 2023 2:10 PM

He wasn't alone, R266, he had us!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267June 7, 2023 7:00 PM

They donated his hair to the Mary Tyler Moore Museum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268June 7, 2023 8:57 PM

Did everyone wear a JAWS tee shirt to the memorial ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269June 7, 2023 9:00 PM

There was no blood no pieces of flesh. We are never going to know what exactly happened to this guy. What did the people on the boat who weren't filming exactly see which I've heard nothing about?

by Anonymousreply 270June 8, 2023 12:53 AM

<- Who was the sociopathic brat who kept shouting, "BYE!"? For all we know maybe he was tossed overboard.

by Anonymousreply 271June 8, 2023 5:07 AM

R252, what a disgusting comment.

by Anonymousreply 272June 8, 2023 5:49 AM

"That's what happens when you get drunk bitch!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 273June 8, 2023 7:56 AM

R254, Oh, so you can "see" something not there? And you believe that is more plausible than that his arm is actually gone via shark, given he is clearly seen swimming away from the life preserver using only his right arm?

Now who's the fantasist?

by Anonymousreply 274June 8, 2023 12:27 PM

R270, There's been a total clampdown. No interviews, no more videos, no further investigation. Family, boat company, and Bahamian authorities, all for their own disparate reasons, want this horror to just go away, declared a "lost at sea" case (though Cameron was not "lost at sea" at all, dying right alongside the boat and thus perhaps meriting a bit longer search), never to be spoken of again.

I think, because of the "dare," the teens were intimidated, even threatened, by the authorities into keeping forever mum about what exactly they observed. Not legal, but effective.

If this were a simple "He jumped, got caught in the ship's wake, drowned" case, that's what we'd be told.

But we weren't, were we?

by Anonymousreply 275June 8, 2023 12:38 PM

Someone’s gonna talk.

by Anonymousreply 276June 8, 2023 1:09 PM

R276 It won't be Cameron.

by Anonymousreply 277June 8, 2023 1:10 PM

How deep is the Ocean around The Bahamas?

by Anonymousreply 278June 8, 2023 1:14 PM

Dumb ass kids. I know it’s a tragedy but this boy was really stupid. I know that I’ve done some dumb stuff in my youth but never did anything to risk my life or the lives of others.

by Anonymousreply 279June 8, 2023 2:21 PM

We've approached and now surpassed ghoulish.

by Anonymousreply 280June 8, 2023 2:25 PM

They should have said grab the 🛟 life preserver ring not the buoy

by Anonymousreply 281June 8, 2023 3:07 PM

Did somebody say grab the boy?

by Anonymousreply 282June 8, 2023 3:45 PM

Yes, r280, it's how people are about shark attacks. Fascinated while repelled. Hence, "Jaws." The severed hand on the beach, the severed leg falling to the sea-floor, the bulging eyes of the sunken boat corpse....

by Anonymousreply 283June 8, 2023 3:51 PM

It reminds me of the clip of the college guy getting folded up in an elevator from a couple of years back. One guy who witnessed it just didn't know how to handle it. He kinda giggled but you could see the horror in his eyes.

Those kids on the ship kinda reacted the same way.

by Anonymousreply 284June 8, 2023 4:14 PM

R279, I take no pride in saying this at all, I only feel shame and gratitude to be alive, but I DID do things that risky in my youth. I drove under the influence daily (the 80’s), I had people in the car when I did that (though to be fair, my friends used like me and I was their passenger too), I hitched, I brawled, I broke up violent fights, was at parties where guns were pulled out by others, tons of crazy shit with the cops, unprotected sex, on and on and on.

I was abusing drugs and alcohol like a fiend. But I’m alive. Why isn’t Cameron? It’s not fair at all. Someone like me should be gone, not this young kid. And yes, the pain of this story is that this was sooooo avoidable. That’s the tragedy.

It’s a good reminder, don’t take a single day for granted, tomorrow might not ever come. You are alive, you are breathing, you have today, but tomorrow is not promised.

by Anonymousreply 285June 8, 2023 5:55 PM

R285 glad you made it through ok, sounds like you are reflective and grateful for getting through it

by Anonymousreply 286June 8, 2023 6:01 PM

R285 Yes I did that kind of stuff too, and copious amounts of drugs, silly! But the difference is we never did something where the outcome was surely death. Riding with a friend that's doing blow will have all kinds of outcomes. Jumping off a high cruise ship will pretty much only have one.

by Anonymousreply 287June 8, 2023 6:05 PM

R286, I am extremely grateful and I only share that when I think it could help someone (I volunteer in a jail, so it comes in quite handy there).

R287, point taken, you are right. And yes, COPIOUS amounts of drugs indeed. I remember being on the Kennedy (Chicago) flying at 115mph (passenger) snorting rails as we drove to get more — I am just surprised I survived.

by Anonymousreply 288June 8, 2023 6:09 PM

Lol, r285, you unintentionally called me out. Because after reading your list of crazy things you have done in your youth, there’s parallels to mine…

by Anonymousreply 289June 8, 2023 6:42 PM

It wasn't a high cruise ship, though. It was a party boat. I bet plenty of people have jumped off and been absolutely fine (not in shark infested waters, obvs)

by Anonymousreply 290June 8, 2023 11:18 PM

I once jumped off a raft into water that wasn’t as deep as I thought. My feet sunk in muck up to my knees and I had a hard time getting my feet free and back up to the surface. Not what happened here, but I’ve been terrified of dark water ever since.

by Anonymousreply 291June 9, 2023 12:32 AM

Thank you, R257.

So very freaky.

by Anonymousreply 292June 9, 2023 1:02 AM

I'm such a Mary now that I don't even like going in the pool at night anymore! There's no way I'd jump from a boat into the ocean day OR night nowadays. However, at his age and with a gut full of piss, I wouldn't have thought twice. And if I'd heard one of my mates saying bye bye as I was being mauled to death, I wouldn't want pearl clutching cunts all over the internet holding him responsible for my dumbass decision.

by Anonymousreply 293June 9, 2023 10:05 AM

Just to add the context of that "Bye-bye":

1. The speaker was probably drunk as the proverbial skunk; but more pertinently,

2. He said those words not when Cameron disappeared from view (below the water's surface), but when that gray shadowy figure that the Helen Kellers here "can't see" suddenly emerges at Cameron's legs. IOW, the speaker saw that figure and knew immediately what was Cameron's fate.

by Anonymousreply 294June 9, 2023 10:38 AM

Off a beach I liked to go far out in the ocean. I guess that's over.

by Anonymousreply 295June 9, 2023 11:25 AM

I don't see thrashing in the Cameron video like what happens to the poor guy in this video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296June 9, 2023 11:40 AM

R294 if your second point is accurate then that's much more sinister, to see that Cameron is about to be savaged and to be so cold and vicious.

While I think "Bye Bye" guy is a drunk asshole I wouldn't like to think he realised the gravity of the situation in that moment and was so flippant.

by Anonymousreply 297June 9, 2023 12:51 PM

I wonder if the bye bye guy spoke at Cameron's memorial. He should go into voiceover work! Someone in this story deserves a happy ending.

by Anonymousreply 298June 9, 2023 1:19 PM

Maybe the 'bye bye' kid can comment on when Trump is hauled off to jail ? He can do his 'bye bye Trumpy' as he walks into Fed Pen.

by Anonymousreply 299June 9, 2023 1:27 PM

I heard Bye Bye Guy also played this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300June 9, 2023 1:41 PM

So Sad - Cameron's favorite TV show was 'Shark Tank'.

by Anonymousreply 301June 9, 2023 1:47 PM

His parents’ favorite classic song was the Bobby Darin version of Mack the Knife. Life is full of cruel ironies.

by Anonymousreply 302June 9, 2023 2:13 PM

Nor would I like to think of such flippancy, r297, but gallows humor and all that.

by Anonymousreply 303June 9, 2023 2:28 PM

Every summer the family would gather around the home-theater screen and watch the "Jaws" trilogy. Cammy would point to the victims and ask, "How stupid are they to be swimming in shark infested waters ?"

by Anonymousreply 304June 9, 2023 3:26 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305June 9, 2023 3:47 PM

“ That's what happens when you get drunk bitch!!!!"

—Paul Murdaugh‘

What is the context of this quote?

by Anonymousreply 306June 9, 2023 9:05 PM

R275 R270 Agreeing about the clampdown on statements. I wonder about the motive of the family in wanting to hush this up? Does anyone have any theories as to why the family would want this quickly classified as lost at sea and forgotten? A settlement maybe or some sort of shame about something regarding their son's behavior???

by Anonymousreply 307June 10, 2023 12:58 AM

Maybe it's dishonorable to the family to admit their son was eaten? Is that why the family wants this forgotten and classified as merely lost at sea? Is there some sort of deep shame or stigma for a family to admit it's offspring perished by being eaten?

by Anonymousreply 308June 10, 2023 1:00 AM

Exactly, r296.

But try convincing the fantacists on this thread of that.

by Anonymousreply 309June 10, 2023 1:42 AM

Fantasist*

by Anonymousreply 310June 10, 2023 1:42 AM

I guess saying he drowned is better than saying he was eaten by a shark. Still nobody seems sure unless witnesses have confirmed it.

by Anonymousreply 311June 10, 2023 11:02 AM

Ooh, look at the shark attack experts at r296 and r309! They'll gladly tell us all about how setting, weather, time of day, type of shark, and prior condition of the victim don't matter, because all shark attacks must involve thrashing!

Alas, they know nothing of the USS Indianapolis.

by Anonymousreply 312June 10, 2023 2:13 PM

[quote]Does anyone have any theories as to why the family would want this quickly classified as lost at sea and forgotten?

R307 I stand by my earlier claim that it has to do with life insurance. At 17 years old, I'm certain they had a lot of life insurance taken out on their son (and probably at a $1 /month) , as many families do. With an official "lost at sea" from authorities, there's not much the insurance company can do as far as 'investigating' further into the case and not paying the family a dime.

I don't expect a pay-out quickly , but if the insurance company begins an investigation they will be stonewalled by the official - and legal - statement, 'lost at sea'.

by Anonymousreply 313June 10, 2023 2:21 PM

Yes, millions of parents across America routinely purchase million dollar policies on their teen and preteen children—just in case the kid gets eaten alive or murdered and the parents want to top up their retirement fund.

Said no one ever, except a couple of posters on this thread. Jeezus.

by Anonymousreply 314June 10, 2023 3:34 PM

R316 Wow - that went over your head, huh ?

Millions of parents invest in life insurance policies for their teen and pre-teen children because it's ridiculously inexpensive per year, and usually has a lot of value. As the kid grows into adulthood, he has the life insurance policy to back him up (at a cheap annual fee) for when he applies for a student loan, a car loan, a business loan, a mortgage, etc. as most financial institutions want a policy on the debtor and be added to the policy (so the financial institution gets paid off if the person dies and has debt).

You need to get with 2023. You're still living in 1973.

by Anonymousreply 315June 10, 2023 3:45 PM

Your post is decent fiction, but that’s about it. Please share evidence that any student loan, car loan or mortgage requires life insurance. It is nonsense. What is truth is that parents buy life insurance on themselves, so that should THE PARENTS DIE then the kids have $. You’re ass backwards on this point. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 316June 10, 2023 3:51 PM

DLers please share your stories of when your car lender or home lender or student loan provider required you to buy life insurance and name the lender as beneficiary. R315 needs help.

by Anonymousreply 317June 10, 2023 3:57 PM

R316 / R317 You obviously have never taken out a loan in the past 25 years, have you ? You're a trust fund baby who doesn't have the slightest idea of how finances work.

by Anonymousreply 318June 10, 2023 3:58 PM

What is happening?

by Anonymousreply 319June 10, 2023 4:00 PM

Keep digging your own grave…I hope you have burial insurance R315.🫣

by Anonymousreply 320June 10, 2023 4:01 PM

I took out an SBA loan for $50,000 to expand my 10 year old profitable business, and wanted to move it to a new location. Bank of America (who I did all my business banking with, and had access to all my financials) wouldn't sign off on it unless I had at least $50K in life insurance with them as the benefactor. That was less than 10 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 321June 10, 2023 4:04 PM

That’s key man insurance, which is entirely different.

by Anonymousreply 322June 10, 2023 4:08 PM

And you weren’t a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 323June 10, 2023 4:10 PM

I think the parents went with the best PR story for the family. The kid was dead anyway, so why not go for the more dignified death report in the news? For instance, would the family rather the public know their boy died "lost at sea" (sounds like a navy hero death) or have the public know that their boy got drunk, jumped off a boat, and was eaten by sharks (sounds like Darwin Award death). Obvious choice for dignity and healing.

by Anonymousreply 324June 10, 2023 4:16 PM

R323 I had my life insurance policy since I was a teen (thanks to my parents) and had kept it going once i became an adult since the annual payment was so low. Still low as of this day.

It was not Key Man insurance.

by Anonymousreply 325June 10, 2023 4:18 PM

Point well taken.^

by Anonymousreply 326June 10, 2023 4:18 PM

R315 appears to be replying to himself to defend his other self. Move along toots.

by Anonymousreply 327June 10, 2023 4:23 PM

R327 Tell us more, trust fund baby.

by Anonymousreply 328June 10, 2023 4:29 PM

My financially responsible mother locked in a pretty great life insurance policy for me when I was a baby (in the early 80s).

I’m glad she did. I upgraded it about five years so it — along with my employer insurance — would leave my partner and my family set if something happens to me.

Of course, everyone just relies on GoFundMe these days. So what’s the point?

by Anonymousreply 329June 10, 2023 5:46 PM

R329 have you changed the beneficiary to ‘all of my lenders, now or hereafter?” I’m guessing the answer is no.

by Anonymousreply 330June 10, 2023 6:20 PM

This thread is dead to me after suffering a slow demise due to petty derailment.

by Anonymousreply 331June 10, 2023 6:24 PM

Did you learn anything about insurance?!😀☠️

by Anonymousreply 332June 10, 2023 6:28 PM

LOL R332 No, I did not.

by Anonymousreply 333June 10, 2023 6:29 PM

No harm, no foul.🏀

by Anonymousreply 334June 10, 2023 6:31 PM

R329, Life insurance benefits aren't taxable.

by Anonymousreply 335June 10, 2023 9:34 PM

Bumping back to Bye Bye guy...

Think he's in therapy now, after a thousand hot shame showers weren't enough to wash him clean of his sins??

Or is he printing up 5000 "Bye Bye" t-shirts on Zazzle as we speak?

by Anonymousreply 336June 11, 2023 2:35 AM

Hoping I’m not a sociopath, but I can completely imagine myself drunk at 18 (and probably now) yelling, “bye, bye” to some idiot who JUMPED OFF A PARTY BOAT.

The assumption is that the dumbass would swim back to shore.

by Anonymousreply 337June 11, 2023 2:45 AM

What a psycho ^

by Anonymousreply 338June 11, 2023 2:46 AM

R337 I agree it might be a bit sarcastic and even funny if it looked like he was stuck with the boat moving off, but all the screaming around made it clear this was much more serious and deadly and this person still chose to make a glib remark in the worst taste.

by Anonymousreply 339June 11, 2023 9:37 AM

R339 has tine to be offended by the taste level of an 18 year old from Baton Rouge that she will never meet.

by Anonymousreply 340June 12, 2023 4:28 AM

It would be funny if this guy turned up alive in 4 years with a fuller head of hair and a deflated volleyball like Cast Away.

by Anonymousreply 341June 15, 2023 4:53 PM

This guy in Tampa didn't listen to his wife.

-Below her feet she noticed a thick school of mullet _ "you could almost scoop them up," she said _ and a few feet away, a large splash. "It was like somebody threw a brick in the water," she said.

Her husband Thadeus stood on the dock behind their Belle Vista home, preparing to jump, as was his custom, into the bay. "There's something strong over there," his wife cautioned.

Knowing his wife's wariness of sea life in the murky bay, he brushed off the splash as maybe a dolphin, maybe a mullet.

He jumped in.

Authorities think Kubinski, thought to be the second victim of a fatal shark attack in Pinellas County in the last 100 years, jumped into the feeding frenzy of a 9-foot, 400-pound bull shark.

by Anonymousreply 342June 15, 2023 5:03 PM

I think most of what exactly happens in the video is very unclear because of the poor quality of the video and the lack of light, but I think it IS clear that, before he disappeared, Cameron was swimming normally, without any sort of struggling or thrashing whatsoever. Because of the lack of clarity and light, it's not at all clear to me what happens at the moment when Cameron seems to disappear -- and also because the camera immediately pans away from him, and then the video ends.

by Anonymousreply 343June 15, 2023 5:15 PM

[quote]Some are now saying he was swimming into the direction of the boat's engine - and may have gotten chopped up in there.

Again, from what can be seen in the video, he was not swimming towards the ship at the moment where he seems to disappear.

by Anonymousreply 344June 15, 2023 5:19 PM

You rang.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345June 15, 2023 5:28 PM

Im wondering, if he wasnt eaten by a shark wouldnt his body have floated to shore and been found by now?

by Anonymousreply 346June 15, 2023 5:32 PM

[quote]Everyone saw the Tik Tok video - did anyone see his friends trying to 'stop' him from jumping ship ? I must've missed it.

Umm, the video begins with Cameron already in the water. If anyone tried to stop him, it would have been BEFORE he jumped. Are you so stupid that you somehow don't understand that, or are you intentionally acting like an asshole just to be annoying?

by Anonymousreply 347June 15, 2023 6:00 PM

[quote]Even though this is the same video, it makes me even more sad for the kid. before I didn't feel much but now we know that the original video cut out the fact that he was already fighting for his life and likely attacked. Him looking back up at the boat for help is probably the saddest part. Poor kid.

The "new video" doesn't show anything that the "original video" didn't show, other than some brief shots of some of the kids partying before anything happened. So I have no idea what the fuck you and some other people in this thread are talking about, but there seems to be some weird sort of mass hypnotism or delusion going on here.

by Anonymousreply 348June 15, 2023 6:03 PM

His blood alcohol level was probably pretty high, I bet the shark thought he tasted like a bloody mary.

by Anonymousreply 349June 15, 2023 9:37 PM

R348, the “new” video shows him punching the water

by Anonymousreply 350June 15, 2023 11:02 PM

What are you talking about, R350? The part of the video that shows Cameron in the water is the same video as the original, The only difference, as I said, is the addition of those other shots of the kids partying at the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 351June 16, 2023 5:26 AM

by Anonymousreply 352June 16, 2023 5:48 PM

I wonder if some of the party goers had been feeding the sharks, so they knew the sharks were there, but Cameron either did not know or was too drunk to think about that.

by Anonymousreply 353June 17, 2023 5:11 PM

Is it common practice for people on a boat to feed sharks?

by Anonymousreply 354June 17, 2023 6:09 PM

Yes, if they are bored, stupid, and see sharks in the water.

by Anonymousreply 355June 17, 2023 7:23 PM

It's like feeding ducks and other fish like catfish.

by Anonymousreply 356June 17, 2023 7:24 PM

Life's short and one dumb decision can cost you everything.

I got drunk at a strip club in NY; it was the gay one...the big one...Splash? This is like 20 + years ago. I got super drunk and stumbled back to my hotel unscathed. I'm sure I was quite the site walking up...whatever avenue it was...

by Anonymousreply 357June 17, 2023 7:46 PM

Fascinating, R357. You should write a book about that harrowing experience.

by Anonymousreply 358June 17, 2023 10:31 PM

R353 - I’m not sure whether he was killed by a shark, but I do believe sharks follow those types of boats as food waste is being dumped into the water pretty regularly by the crew.

by Anonymousreply 359June 17, 2023 11:11 PM

The video at r345, what attack is that? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 360June 17, 2023 11:15 PM

R360, "Jaws," for Pete's sake.

by Anonymousreply 361June 17, 2023 11:19 PM

4-week TV "Shark Fest" begins next Sunday, July 2!

National Geographic Channel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362June 25, 2023 5:35 PM

The link above says "July 10," which is not a Sunday this year, but that is corrected in the article to July 2.

by Anonymousreply 363June 25, 2023 5:38 PM

[Quote]Im wondering, if he wasnt eaten by a shark wouldnt his body have floated to shore and been found by now?

I heard he was picked up by the Titan submersible and is hiding out with them all.

by Anonymousreply 364June 28, 2023 12:02 AM

Did they find him yet?

by Anonymousreply 365June 28, 2023 12:08 AM

Nobody's looking, r365. Cameron is officially and eternally "Lost at Sea."

by Anonymousreply 366June 28, 2023 12:23 AM

I just bought a car and no one asked about life insurance. Maybe they assumed? They did say something about having insurance if the car is financed but I think they were trying to upsell something and I said no thanks. I did get car insurance. I do not have any life insurance on my kids, its way too morbid to contemplate.

by Anonymousreply 367June 28, 2023 1:11 AM

No one has life insurance on kids FFS. They don't earn anything.

by Anonymousreply 368June 28, 2023 6:40 AM

Well, some people buy it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369June 28, 2023 10:53 AM

[quote] Poor kid, took on a dare [bold]that many of us would have at his age,[/bold]

Yeah, nah. We had a family reunion picnic at a park in Florida when I was 6. The park had a beach with a lake with huge signs posted nearby that had "Alligator warning" with a picture of an alligator on it. It was because of these signs that I refused to get in the after with my cousins. Even at 6 years old I had more sense than this 18 year old, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 370June 28, 2023 11:53 AM

^ *get in the water

by Anonymousreply 371June 28, 2023 11:54 AM

R370 Your parents encouraged six-year old you to swim in alligator infested waters?

How are you now?

by Anonymousreply 372June 28, 2023 12:12 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373June 28, 2023 12:19 PM

r372 No. I was asked by my grandmother if I wanted to go swimming with my cousins. I pointed at the sign, said 'no', and was left alone to chill by the tables.

I wasn't raised by my parents. I was raised by my grandmothers. Perhaps being raised by old ladies made me wiser beyond my years.

by Anonymousreply 374June 28, 2023 12:44 PM

R374

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375June 28, 2023 12:46 PM

r375 Exactly. I honestly don't know why that lake was even swimmable. If I recall, they had buoys in the water to cordon off an area specifically for swimmers. And no one else seemed bothered by the signs but me. It was all stupid.

by Anonymousreply 376June 28, 2023 12:49 PM

This is exactly what it looked like. Common sense ain't common.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377June 28, 2023 12:51 PM

R363 = Marilu Henner

by Anonymousreply 378June 28, 2023 12:52 PM

Cameron will be hosting SHARK WEEK this July.

by Anonymousreply 379June 28, 2023 12:56 PM

R358, oh, you got me good!

You got me!!

Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 380June 28, 2023 4:29 PM

R357 / R380, considering that you compared (1) a teenager jumping off a party boat into shark-infested waters and dying within minutes, to (2) you getting drunk at a gay club and then stumbling home to your hotel but arriving unscathed, I think the sarcasm of my response to your story was nowhere near as harsh a response as you deserved.

by Anonymousreply 381June 28, 2023 4:39 PM

R374, Your cousins were pretty stupid. And your Grandmother a bit casual.

by Anonymousreply 382June 28, 2023 10:02 PM

Cool Parents Syndrome = Let our little angel go PARTY in a country where they can legally drink.....Has Cool Mom Beth commented yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383June 29, 2023 12:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!