Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do we never hear from or about England’s Prince Edward

Why it is always so quiet about him?

by Anonymousreply 56June 8, 2023 1:55 AM

Princess a looks terrible; I believe she misses getting plowed by Michael Ball& most of the stagehands on The Great White Way(up his bony Princess ass)

by Anonymousreply 1May 30, 2023 2:34 AM

[quote] The Great Way

Foreign Broadway!

by Anonymousreply 2May 30, 2023 2:35 AM

He was just made Duke of Edinburgh, OP. Where have you been?

by Anonymousreply 3May 30, 2023 2:37 AM

She is much more put to work now that randy Andy has been stood down.

by Anonymousreply 4May 30, 2023 2:46 AM

Seems ilke the whole family had a meeting and they're all pulling together ...with the exception of Andrew, to earn the title of "working Royals." If you follow the Royal Family's official instagram account, every week they kind of "report" on their activities, I'm even seeing Gloucester and the Kents more often...even the cadaverous Kent. I have to wonder about Beatrice and Eugenie. Seems like Beatrice is sort of a working Royal but not really. And Eugenie is not. But both do volunteer work and publicize it. You have Zara Phillips and Peter Phillips, Anne's kids, who are not working Royals, and Princess Margaret's two kids a re not, and Harry. I suspect neither one of Edward's kids will be working Royals. By the time William ascends to the throne, The Kents and Gloucesters will no longer work, if they're still alive. Anne will be more than ready to chuck it in, if she's still around. So all William will have is his own immediate family, and an aging Edward and Sophie. William is too stubborn to patch things up with Harry, and since they have a pattern and history of falling out, even if they did patch things up and reconcile, it wouldn't last. It's kind of like Charles and Andrew. I bet the Middletons will get titles and Pippa who will be titled anyway in Scotland thru marriage, will start helping out. William is going to have to scale back out of necessity.

by Anonymousreply 5May 30, 2023 3:46 AM

The Middletons won’t get titles, and they won’t take on public engagements. They are not part of the royal family.

by Anonymousreply 6May 30, 2023 5:00 AM

Don’t be silly, R5 - the Middletons won’t get titles. That’s not how these things work. Why would they?

Oh, and for OP - you haven’t heard much of “Prince Edward” - aka the Duke of Edinburgh - because it’s not the British Royal Family’s job to be famous in the USA. That concept doesn’t seem to sink in with Americans. Shocking as it may seem - in this instance, the USA doesn’t matter. They are royal, not celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 7May 30, 2023 6:19 AM

The Palace begs the British Media not to cover Edward in case someone lets slip the words “It’s A Royal Knockout”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 30, 2023 10:11 AM

Back in the day we heard plenty about "Dockside Doris", but Duchess Ford Fiesta (Sophie) has her Gay Blade on a tight leash

Before Sophie ⬇️ .................................... After Sophie ⬇️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 30, 2023 10:50 AM

He made the mistake of not being put in a can as Prince Albert did. I still don't know why the cock piercing isn't a Prince Edward; it's much more fitting.

by Anonymousreply 10May 30, 2023 3:06 PM

He's busy cleaning up my road kill.

by Anonymousreply 11May 30, 2023 3:51 PM

I think keeping his head down has been a smart move for him. He seems congenial enough, yet shy. Sophie has turned out to be a cunt. One who can't dress. Their male child is likely to be the next Ripper. Lady Louise will be the star of that family.

by Anonymousreply 12May 30, 2023 4:21 PM

R12, why do you think he’ll be the next Ripper?

by Anonymousreply 13May 30, 2023 4:35 PM

This is your next "Ripper" right here...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 30, 2023 5:25 PM

R9 I think if Edward hit the gym, clipped his hair and got a tan he’d be lowkey attractive. Or at least more attractive than she is now. Ditto William.

The thin anemic horse look on both of them is not attractive. But the bones are there for improvement.

by Anonymousreply 15May 31, 2023 3:59 AM

Doris spends a lot of time on self-care...

lighting candles, pouring wine, playing with her mussy, etc, etc, etc...

by Anonymousreply 16May 31, 2023 9:59 AM

[quote]Their male child is likely to be the next Ripper. Lady Louise will be the star of that family.

See the son looks reasonably normal for a teenage Royal.

But Louise kind of dresses how Fergie and Beatrice would if they were her age. Like a sofa. She should lean into a soft, mod, Sloaney teenage Diana look.

If you look at pictures from of Kate and Meghan during their college era they were, for that time, hot but polished, without being slutty.

by Anonymousreply 17May 31, 2023 10:31 AM

Catherine and Sophie have become close. Sophie is very shrewd, cultivating the "nest" queen. Although TBF, Sophie gets along well with Camilla. Doesn't trust her though. In the sense that Camilla comes across as warm and friendly, but there's always the sense that she is calculating things and is going to talk about you to her real friends.

by Anonymousreply 18May 31, 2023 3:14 PM

[quote] Don’t be silly, [R5] - the Middletons won’t get titles. That’s not how these things work.

That's not entirely true. Anne Boleyn's brother was given a title by Henry VIII after his sister's marriage to the king, and Charles I gave his mistresses titles.

by Anonymousreply 19May 31, 2023 3:17 PM

Enoblements are bad optics these days, unless it’s a prince marrying. I’d love to see Mike Middleton (for example) reclaim the Airedale Barony or have something elevated to an Earldom as the father of a future Queen, but it’s just plain unlikely these days.

If it happens, William will do it many years into his reign, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 20May 31, 2023 3:58 PM

As the sister of the Queen Pippa will very likely get another title. She already gets one when her father in law dies. And Michael Middleton probably has a modest knighthood in his future. He can't hope to aspire to what Ann Boleyn's daddy got. The Boleyns made out well on the back of their daughter. I will also go so far as to say Camilla's kids are going to get some kind of titles if they want them. As will her sister. None of this is unusual. None of the titles will require any kind of compensation. Unlike the grasping Boleyns.

by Anonymousreply 21May 31, 2023 3:59 PM

Sophie is quite the grim hausfrau.

by Anonymousreply 22June 2, 2023 10:06 PM

R21 Pippa Middleton will never get a title. The Parker-Bowles children will not get titles. In-laws do not get titles, and never really have unless they themselves married directly into the family line.

The Bowes-Lyons didn't get fancy new titles when their daughter became queen consort. Philip's family already had some European titles, but they didn't get any new ones just because he married Miz Liz. And you sure as shit won't see siblings or stepchildren given dukedoms or marquessates in middle age.

Who gives a shit for the Boleyn family? That was 500 years ago, and those baubles were handed out by a fat and syphilitic horndog of a king who later beheaded their lovely daughter.

by Anonymousreply 23June 2, 2023 10:19 PM

No titles will be handed out. It isn’t the sixteenth century.

by Anonymousreply 24June 3, 2023 5:31 AM

Strangely absent for someone who's had a whole province in Canada named after him.

by Anonymousreply 25June 3, 2023 1:07 PM

@r23, "Pippa Middleton will never get a title"

You mean "Rich Bitch" isn't good enough for her? 😏

by Anonymousreply 26June 3, 2023 2:05 PM

@r25, "—Rose"

Hi, Rose, how's Prince of Pegging?

by Anonymousreply 27June 3, 2023 2:07 PM

Anne Boleyn's brother did get a title, then he was (baselessly) accused of sleeping with Anne when Henry was thinking of any and all reasons to get rid of her, and beheaded not long after her.

So watch out, Middletons!

by Anonymousreply 28June 3, 2023 2:07 PM

[quote] Edinburgh - because it’s not the British Royal Family’s job to be famous in the USA.

Maybe you should take your twenty million BRF/Meghan hating threads to a British forum, then?

by Anonymousreply 29June 3, 2023 2:13 PM

@r28, I'm waiting for the guillotine to come back in fashion for the lot of them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 3, 2023 2:15 PM

The Dockyard Doris era is long ago. Not sure how he arranges his hookups these days. I don’t envy the hookups themselves. Like most Windsors, he was passably attractive, maybe one notch up from plain, for all of two minutes. But less so when you take the rancid personality into account. I met him when I was 17. Representative pupils from various London schools attended the launch of the rebuilding of the Globe Theatre in his presence.

by Anonymousreply 31June 3, 2023 2:32 PM

^ Just because the looks are gone doesn't the desire is. Where does he find hook-ups? He hires them of course 😏

Sophie can't possibly search all 120 rooms

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 3, 2023 3:57 PM

Did HRH Princess a present HOLE and drop to the Royal pillow to receive her "white medicine?"

by Anonymousreply 33June 3, 2023 4:02 PM

R31 - Years ago, I read that Edward was the least liked member of the RF when staff were polled. (His father was the favorite). The story I remember was Edward berating his chauffeur because the poor man turned around his head to look back. It's the only thing I've read about a rancid personality. I'd have thought Andrew was the biggest ass in the family. Maybe Sophie has him in line now.

by Anonymousreply 34June 3, 2023 4:32 PM

R34 I hope Sophie has brought some stability and calm to his life. But you knopw I'm not surprised the Palace staff would vote him least liked, especially if it was the staffers who deal with scheduling, and messaging. Edward and Sophie both think of themselves as experts in public relations, imaging, messaging, etc. and of course could be insufferable. And Edward is very much elitist. Nothing nice about him. hopefully he has been humanized as he matures and raises kids and now, his brother has made it clear, "You will work, and we are all about service. Period." So getting rid of those pretensions is task #1. And no matter what, Andrew will always be the biggest asshole. Edward just has a shit personality. Andrew is shit.

by Anonymousreply 35June 3, 2023 6:57 PM

^ "I hope Sophie has brought some stability and calm to his life"

When between berating staff and running over little old ladies on her way to Starbucks?

by Anonymousreply 36June 3, 2023 7:05 PM

Anne has a crusty personality too, and has surely made a few busboys cry in her lifetime, but she also has a great sense of fun.

Charles is entitled and in his own little world, but he also deeply cares about his causes and it shows.

I like Andrew's daughters, B & E. They know they're useless, but at least they both married solid earners.

by Anonymousreply 37June 3, 2023 8:15 PM

^ "but she also has a great sense of fun. "

I'll say 😜

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 3, 2023 8:22 PM

For much of his life Edward has known that he doesn't MATTER. It has made him insecure and resentful. But now that HArry's gone and he's needed more than ever, and he has his father's title, he feels as if HE MATTERS and so he is more pleasant. Being pleasant doesn't come naturally to Edward. But Sophie has trained him to respond correctly.

by Anonymousreply 39June 4, 2023 1:20 PM

^ How? She's not exactly a barrel of sunshine and rainbows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 4, 2023 3:36 PM

Sophie is like a rather terrifying German games mistress of a girls boarding school. The kind of games mistress the girls don’t have burgeoning crushes on.

by Anonymousreply 41June 4, 2023 3:41 PM

OMG, what was Sophie thinking when she bought that dress and hat?

And her earrings do not look good with the other dominant color.

by Anonymousreply 42June 4, 2023 3:42 PM

Charles was fussed over and got attention because he was the future king, but it was not "good" attention it was a kind of attention filled with apprehension. And structure. Micromanaged, regimented, etc. Andrew was boisterous and wild and his mother indulged him to a fault, and he entertained them until they realized he was "a problem." Unfortunately they didn't realize this until he was in his very late teens and it was hoped military would give him some discipline which he lacked. Then it was hoped he'd settle down once he had a wife. It was about maturity, and he'd mature eventually. But he never did.

by Anonymousreply 43June 4, 2023 3:49 PM

I've always wonder what's really going on with him, when he was young he wanted to be an actor or a filmmaker, and gave it a try but didn't manage to establish the sort of career he dreamed of, and found himself back in the fold as a working royal.

Some people would find trying to escape from the family soul-crushing, some people would be stronger for it, and I've always wondered which was true of him.

by Anonymousreply 44June 4, 2023 4:31 PM

The Queen was, frankly, a terrible parent. Like Mildred Pierce level bad.

by Anonymousreply 45June 4, 2023 4:33 PM

R44 - If Edward were to have successfully launched a career in theater production, he'd probably have to start out in an entry level position to begin learning the ropes in the industry. He'd have to be someone's subordinate which would probably be difficult for someone who has the characteristics r31/35 describes. I wonder what he was like as an employee or intern. It must have been awkward to be his employer or supervisor.

That weird TV show he produced pretty much put an end to his "career."

by Anonymousreply 46June 4, 2023 4:50 PM

^I forgot to add that it's Edward's second failed attempt at a career. He dropped out of basic training with the Royal Marines.

by Anonymousreply 47June 4, 2023 4:59 PM

Perhaps the fact that he's always had the personality of a wet, moldy dishrag, in addition to being utterly hideous to look at, has something to do with it? Just a wild guess.

by Anonymousreply 48June 4, 2023 5:09 PM

I heard a rumor he was queer. No one wants to talk about it.

by Anonymousreply 49June 5, 2023 12:27 AM

He seems to speak more like Anne these days, this sort of sarcastic, through-the-teeth mumble thing. But he doesn’t talk loudly enough to make sure his sentences are heard.

by Anonymousreply 50June 5, 2023 12:35 AM

Someone needs to write a TV show about the Royal family like Succession.

by Anonymousreply 51June 7, 2023 8:24 PM

R51 here. Can you imagine? Sly, cunning Charles with big target on his back? His nutsy Ex wife plotting with his brother Andrew to have him removed so William can take over? Edward in the closet, and Camilla in the horse barn? Beatrice and Eugenie just wanting their allowance.Not funny like The Windsors, but scathing satire.

by Anonymousreply 52June 7, 2023 8:30 PM

I can even see Edward flirting with Beatrice's cute Italian husband....

by Anonymousreply 53June 7, 2023 8:32 PM

@r51, "Someone needs to write a TV show about the Royal family like Succession"

Um... 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 7, 2023 9:41 PM

Stubborn William. I would tell Harry to fuck off permanently. There's no coming back from what Harry did. Humiliating the entire family in his book and trashing everyone while his grandfather and 'beloved granny' were dying. I'd consider him permanent road kill. And what future surprises would he have for the family if they were to make up with him?

by Anonymousreply 55June 8, 2023 1:04 AM

Edward wasn't hideous when he was young. He was quite cute for at least a season or two.

I wonder about Lady Louise's future. The Queen was trying to recruit her into the fold towards the end there. I don't know how much headway she'd made. Maybe none.

by Anonymousreply 56June 8, 2023 1:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!