Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What are your fave drugstore products that actually work - for beauty, cleaning, etc?

And not condoms, you dirty whores.

by Anonymousreply 10June 3, 2023 1:58 AM

I complained about high SPF sunblock irritating my skin. My cousin recommended moisturizers containing sunscreen. She uses makeup, but I'm not going there. For every day sunscreen, I use Oil of Olay Complete Lotion, which has an SPF of 15. If I'm just getting in and out of the car while running errands, that's enough.

by Anonymousreply 1May 30, 2023 1:30 AM

Trader Joe's Citrus-Cucumber Facial Wipes are wonderful.

A big bottle of cheap hydrogen peroxide rather than a Bactine-like disinfectant.

And, of course, Mint Julep Masque by our adored Queen Helene.

by Anonymousreply 2May 30, 2023 2:18 AM

R2 - When bleach was rare on store shelves because of Covid, I was told hydrogen peroxide worked better anyways.

by Anonymousreply 3May 30, 2023 2:40 AM

I buy isopropyl alcohol and hydrogen peroxide on sale for stain removal. Rubbing alcohol is good for ball point ink stains.

by Anonymousreply 4May 30, 2023 3:44 AM

Neutrogena body clear body scrub- and not the grapefruit crap, original orange.

by Anonymousreply 5May 30, 2023 3:46 AM

Witch Hazel on face and neck. Cleans, sterilizes, soothes.

by Anonymousreply 6May 30, 2023 3:57 AM

Vaseline as a moisturizer, even on my face. My hands and feet look great as well.

Aveeno body wash. You can use it as a shampoo, as well.

Easy Off fume-free oven cleaner for the floor of my fiberglass shower stall.

Dawn dishwashing soap, of course.

by Anonymousreply 7May 30, 2023 4:02 AM

If you have a breakout, this drugstore product from the 70s and 80s has been brought back. It works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 30, 2023 4:53 AM

Bar Keepers Friend cleanser for hard water and iron buildup in the bathroom and kitchen sink.

Dish soap and baking soda "soft scrub" for general sink/bathtub cleaning.

Dish soap/vinegar/water in spray bottle as an all purpose spray cleaner.

by Anonymousreply 9May 30, 2023 5:28 AM

Mrs Meyer's Clean Day.

by Anonymousreply 10June 3, 2023 1:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!