Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Halle Bailey

We have a new movie star, folks. She is sensational in “The Little Mermaid.” Truly wonderful. And so beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 19May 30, 2023 4:20 AM

I knew this film would do well. Mainly because of Halle Bailey who is beautiful and talented with charisma. It will never stop to amaze me how much white kangs were pissed off about this casting and felt it an insult to their white redheaded queens. Despite this being a movie for kids, it was so pathetic how grown ass men were whining about "wokeness." Like you all care so much about Disney princess crap?

Who gives a shit if China doesn't like it? Like should they really have a say in American cinema anyway? Hollywood sucks when it panders to China.

I was indifferent to this movie originally but all the racism made me root for this film to be a box office smash and it delivered. Suck it haters!

by Anonymousreply 1May 29, 2023 3:45 AM

Are you the poster with the two young nieces from the reviews thread? How did you find the movie itself?

by Anonymousreply 2May 29, 2023 3:54 AM

Hi Halle’s publicist

by Anonymousreply 3May 29, 2023 4:05 AM

I haven't seen the movie but she is absolutely beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 4May 29, 2023 4:30 AM

Stunning lady

by Anonymousreply 5May 29, 2023 8:23 AM

Halle Bailey? WHET to Halle BERRY?

by Anonymousreply 6May 29, 2023 8:34 AM

R2- nope that’s not me. The movie overall is above average. They didn’t figure out the best way to do Sebastian.

by Anonymousreply 7May 29, 2023 3:56 PM

New? She's already won an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 8May 29, 2023 4:00 PM

I only see Halle Berry when I see that name.

by Anonymousreply 9May 29, 2023 4:04 PM

She should try an Avatar movie next

by Anonymousreply 10May 29, 2023 4:05 PM

I’m glad one of the few people who saw it enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 11May 29, 2023 4:06 PM

I've heard nothing but good things. I think there was too much at stake here to risk this, so Disney hired the best writers, cast and staff to make this their best remake and it showed. The other adaptations were extremely low effort in comparison because Disney didn't care that much outside of a quick buck. I appreciate Disney didn't allow this film to be terrible because of this young black lead who would have gotten all the unfair blame had it be.

by Anonymousreply 12May 29, 2023 4:10 PM

R8- Halle Bailey is 23, this is her first major film role, and she has not won an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 13May 29, 2023 10:18 PM

Is Pearl the great-grandmother of Halle Bailey ?

by Anonymousreply 14May 29, 2023 10:37 PM

Agree.

by Anonymousreply 15May 29, 2023 10:59 PM

My god could her eyes be any more far apart???

by Anonymousreply 16May 30, 2023 1:23 AM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 17May 30, 2023 1:37 AM

R16 Kim Carnes is writing a song called "Halle Bailey Eyes" which should be released this summer.

As of today, she has written this one line :

"She got Halle Berry's standoff sighs, she's got Halle Bailey eyes"

by Anonymousreply 18May 30, 2023 3:33 AM

I was impressed with Halle Berry’s singing in the clips I’ve seen. Was she dubbed??

She’s also looking admirably young.

by Anonymousreply 19May 30, 2023 4:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!