Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who is your neighbourhood crazy?

Why do they have that reputation?

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2023 11:55 PM

Who in your neighborhood is crazy?

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2023 6:00 PM

They are all crazy but me.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2023 6:06 PM

There is someone who lives behind me. He posts signs for me and the people on the same property (where I live) to read. Crazy stuff. My landlord wanted to try to reason with the guy. I looked him up in court records (my landlord knew his full name) and saw that he had a prior dispute with his prior neighbors, involving a firearm. (The prior neighbors allegedly pulled a gun on him - he probably drove them crazy.)

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2023 6:13 PM

There is an old man who is stuck in his childhood brain, who wears creative "boy" fantasy outfits jerryrigged from helmets and sports body pads, and medical wear such as braces and splits and I dunno what else. Like he's a race car driver one day, an astronaut another day, a robot another day. He has radio controlled cars. sometimes they work sometimes they don't. I live near 2 bus stops and he sets up his play area at one or both and enters his fantasy for a day. Sometimes I will do out to the bus stop at if he has been there all day and well into the evening, and its dark and talk to him like a neighborhood dad (but I live in a big Swiss city) and tell him in a stern voice, its its very late now and he needs to go home, play time is over. It annoys me I am the only person who will do this, because if I don't he can sometimes stay there until after midnight and it's just sad. He's OLD. I don't think an old man should be playing robot at 1 in the morning at a city bus stop. Or in his mind, I suppose an 8 year old boy. Shouldn't be outside alone either at that hour.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2023 6:20 PM

There was a guy in Hells Kitchen who, for years, would chant, loudly "Could'ja gimme a dolla for a cuppa cawfee" over and over - to everyone and no one in particular.

He lived in a group home of some kind, and died during the pandemic - but not from covid. Everybody knew him.

If you did actually give him coffee he would sometimes throw it back at you -- see videos at the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2023 6:24 PM

Loopy Lynne.

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2023 6:26 PM

Boo Radley. Remember they aren't always what they appear to be.

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2023 6:35 PM

Jigger Jenkins and BoBo Brighton. Jigger drank and got crazy. BoBo drank but was crazy to start with.

There’s a book which, if not entirely about them certainly mentions both: “Another Bullshit Night in Suck City” by Nick Flynn.

Never any issues, either. Both had brothers who were cops.

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2023 6:45 PM

Regina across the street. She works at an auto license agency and her parents died years ago and left her their house. She has one son, a gayish-acting boy in college.

Someone broke into her house and stole her big screen tv, so she bought a giant Rotweiler who drags her around on neighborhood walks and lunges at everything (you'll hear her screaming, "CHLOEEEEEE!!").

She's constantly getting things done to her house: it's just an average 2-story on an average city lot, but she's always having new siding put on or something dug-up or something planted or something delivered. I guess that's her social life (the son rarely visits).

She says her sister is a crackhead and her gay brother died of AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2023 10:14 PM

Mine is an owner who doesn’t live in my condo building. She used to, but moved out. Thank God. She filed complaints against everybody in the building, and she had a screaming match with a guy in the hallway and hurled a big rawhide dog bone at his head. Then she got him evicted by threatening to sue the owner of his unit because he was a renter. And while he was moving, she had his car booted while it was parked on the street legally. She claimed it had been there for weeks.

And as she was leaving the building one day, she started cursing and screaming at two of my neighbors, calling them motherfucking cunts and telling them to burn in hell.

And she’s currently our interim HOA president! And she’s a schoolteacher…

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2023 10:20 PM

Realistically, me.

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2023 10:55 PM

R10 My condo complex has one of those. She was the HOA president for 2 years. She was a nurse.

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2023 11:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!