Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Has Bassett commented on Tina's passing?

Or is she too busy working on the facial expressions and choreographing her hand gestures and camera angles before she steps in front of the camera?

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2023 12:01 AM

Your sick.

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2023 8:35 PM

R1, YOU'RE a retard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2023 9:33 PM

Why does this need a separate thread when you could have asked it in any of the eleven threads currently going about Ms. Turner’s untimely passing?

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2023 10:21 PM

Yes, she has.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2023 10:24 PM

[quote]Bassett, who earned an Oscar nomination for her portrayal of Turner in the 1993 film, told THR in a statement of Turner: “How do we say farewell to a woman who owned her pain and trauma and used it as a means to help change the world? Through her courage in telling her story, her commitment to stay the course in her life, no matter the sacrifice, and her determination to carve out a space in rock and roll for herself and for others who look like her, Tina Turner showed others who lived in fear what a beautiful future filled with love, compassion, and freedom should look like.”

[quote]Bassett continued, “Her final words to [bold]me[/bold] — for [bold]me[/bold] — were ‘You never mimicked me. Instead, you reached deep into your soul, found your inner Tina, and showed her to the world.’ [bold]I shall hold these words close to my heart for the rest of my days. I am honored to have known Tina Turner. I am humbled to have helped show her to the world.[/bold] So on today, while we mourn the loss of this iconic voice and presence, she gave us more than we could have ever asked. She gave us her whole self. And Tina Turner is a gift that will always be “simply the best.”

[quote]Angels, sing thee to thy rest…Queen.”

Seriously, R3? She posts this self-involved smarmy drivel and you don't agree with what I posted?

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2023 11:56 PM

Something something

Cotton Eyed Joe

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2023 12:00 AM

R3 Looking at this poster's other moronic threads, I think it doesn't think rationally

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2023 12:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!