Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

HGTV Flips ‘Brady Bunch’ House, Lists It for $5.5M (Exclusive)

The Brady Bunch house is back on the market — and, this time, it comes with the interiors of your 1970s TV dreams.

HGTV is selling the Studio City home pictured in hundreds of establishing shots on the famous sitcom not five years after purchasing it for $3.5 million. And given the competitive Los Angeles housing market and the dramatic changes the property’s undergone, it’s going to cost the next buyer a bit more. The asking price is $5.5 million.

Such is the premium for authenticity. After buying 11222 Dilling Street in 2018, the Warner Bros. Discovery-owned network rejuvenated the facade and gutted its interiors — adding a second story to meticulously re-create the show’s living room, kitchen, bedrooms and yard that all previously only existed on Stage 5 of Paramount Studios. The process was chronicled in 2019 event series A Very Brady Renovation, recruiting surviving cast members and HGTV talent to bring the fictional home to life. It proved to be ratings pay dirt and attracted 28 million viewers across a four-week run.

HGTV invested an estimated $1.9 million into the renovations, which included the addition of that iconic floating staircase and the orange-and-avocado kitchen, adding 2,000 square feet to the original footprint in the process. The house has since been used in HGTV specials and other series, most recently Trixie Mattel’s Trixie Motel on Discovery+. But, after four years, the novelty has likely worn off. The network plans to put a portion of the sale’s proceeds toward longtime initiative Turn Up: Fight Hunger, a partnership with No Kid Hungry. (Parent WBD has a goal of providing two billion meals through the initiative to the nine million children living with hunger in the U.S.)

The Brady Bunch only lasted five seasons, but its cultural footprint has endured. The ABC comedy — which followed a blended family of eight, their live-in maid and, at certain points, a dog — ran from 1969 through 1974 before inspiring TV movies, a satirical feature remake (and sequel) and countless pilgrimages to 11222 Dilling Street. It has been called the second most-photographed home in America, trailing only the White House, though there is little evidence to back up such claims.

When the property hit the market in 2018, it was for the first time in 45 years — having not changed hands since 1973. The original asking price was $1.85 million and some speculated that it might be knocked down and redeveloped. The ensuing bidding war — one that included NSYNC singer Lance Bass! — and HGTV’s bold move to dramatically renovate it into the ultimate Brady enthusiast’s abode ensured that would not be the case.

For fans who cannot financially or emotionally commit to living in the pricey house, HGTV will also be selling off much of its contents — including the green floral living room couch and a 3D-printed replica of the series’ horse sculpture. And for those with $5.5 million to burn, the listing is being managed by Danny Brown at Compass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2023 10:24 PM

Were they able to remove the nacreous layer of permacum from the boys' room?

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2023 9:40 PM

The house comes with Mike's copies of "Drum Magazine," which are still in a drawer in his office, along with a supply of cum rags in the adjacent secret bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2023 10:47 PM

But a carport? At least the Partridge Family house has a garage.

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2023 10:57 PM

$2 million markup?

That's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2023 11:00 PM

R3 The listing says it has a two-car garage as well as two parking spaces.

You can see the garage (with a door on it) at the end of the driveway in the street view.

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2023 11:10 PM

Who would buy this? Imagine paying almost 6 million bucks for that shitty 1970s kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2023 11:18 PM

Lance Bass wanted to buy it when it went on the market, before the HGTV bought it. I wonder if he'd still be interest at its current price? The problem is....no matter how much fun you think it is, nor how rich your are....it really isn't a functional full-time home in 2023. Everything done to it was to recreate the layout of the Brady House that existed partially on a Paramount sound stage, and mostly, in our minds.... not for anyone to actually LIVE IN. As noted in the Redfin Listing: "fireplaces and some appliances/Fixtures are decorative only. This is a "as is where is" sale. "

And if none of the furnishings are included... then really, what IS the point?? If I'm a billionaire Brady fan, willing to drop $5M on it..... I want ALL the furnishings!! ESPECIALLY, the Horse!!

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2023 5:35 AM

it backs up to the L.A. River, aka the city's concrete flood control channel.

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2023 5:54 AM

Does it come with Eve Plumb’s shitty paintings?

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2023 5:58 AM

Referencing another thread R5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2023 11:23 AM

They put in $1.9m? SURE JAN!

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2023 11:31 AM

I can't believe they aren't including the furniture. Hard to imagine anybody wanting to buy just the (not really livable) house but not the furniture for $5.5 million. I guess we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2023 11:35 AM

The Brady Style is fun and funny to look at - but who'd want to live it?

That "iconic" staircase is just horrible.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2023 11:39 AM

Where and how did they add 2000 sqft?

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2023 12:02 PM

If my net worth was 50 million or more, I'd buy it just for the fun of it. Turn it into an air b&b or some kind of use like that. Why not?? There are at least 100,000 people in the US worth 50M or more. F U money!

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2023 12:49 PM

Compared to the other five, single family homes in the same general neighborhood (and not South of the Boulevard), the "Price per Square Foot" for The Brady Bunch Home doesn't appear to be that that far off.

At $1070 per square foot, it's sort of in the middle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2023 9:01 PM

I don’t believe for one second that HGTV spent close to $2mm on this renovation. Did they bulldoze it and start from scratch? Even then I don’t believe it. It’s not a mansion.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2023 9:32 PM

Is HGTV including the money they threw at the Brady kids to appear in with that total?

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2023 9:42 PM

Part of the immense cost of renovation was that they had to add a second story - but without changing the iconic roofline.

So to do that they dug down, and lowered the first floor, which I imagine didn't come cheap.

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2023 10:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!