Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bama Rush documentary

Check it out. The director is a completely bald woman (alopecia) who puts herself into the film and murmurs about her past with wigs. One of the girls is a biracial beauty who wants to be a coroner. Her blond friend got thrown out of the sororities from wearing the wrong sticker and is trying to get back in. Another girl is an 18 year old “pageant queen” from rural Illinois who is has been dreaming of attending the University of Alabama for years. And then there are a couple of “sorority consultants.” They are grown women paid by the girls to consult on the entire sorority rush process. They instruct them never to talk about the “5 B’s.” One of the B’s is Biden.

The film has Christopher Guest energy with a bit of Drop Dead Gorgeous thrown in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 29, 2023 5:00 AM

I think this will make me hate people even more than I already do.

So I’ll probably watch.

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2023 11:59 AM

[quote]They instruct them never to talk about the “5 B’s.” One of the B’s is Biden.

It lowkey kills me not knowing what the other four are.

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2023 2:50 PM

Blowjobs

Baptists

Bulimia

Biracials

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2023 5:23 PM

Oh this is perfect! I'm already watching DCC making the team, this seems pretty similar.

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2023 5:44 PM

The other B's were bucks (anything related to finances), boys, and... shit I can't remember the other two. I was unclear what any of them talk about if they avoid the 5 B's.

Clothes and makeup I guess?

I just googled - other two are booze and beliefs (aka religion).

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2023 6:24 PM

American culture is so very antiquated.

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2023 6:29 PM

Watching now.

Where do these people come from? I had no idea there were people this clueless in the world.

I say this as someone who grew up in rural Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 7May 27, 2023 3:19 AM

[quote]American culture is so very antiquated.

American culture shaped the entire world you fuckwit.

That being said, this Alabama shit is something else. Seems like such a waste of time and energy.

by Anonymousreply 8May 27, 2023 3:39 AM

I can watch stuff like that. I used to get a kick out of seeing white trash sitting in their own filth like Honey Boo Boo. But now it just bums me that our country is filled with so many idiots.

by Anonymousreply 9May 27, 2023 3:44 AM

I can't watch stuff like that, I meant.

by Anonymousreply 10May 27, 2023 3:44 AM

I haven't watched yet. For anyone in the know, are they focusing on the top tier houses or are they second and third tier slag houses?

by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2023 3:49 AM

Both R11

by Anonymousreply 12May 27, 2023 12:54 PM

[quote]I can't remember the other two. I was unclear what any of them talk about if they avoid the 5 B's.

1. Blacks

2. Bulimia

by Anonymousreply 13May 27, 2023 4:13 PM

The trailer makes southern Greek life scarier and creepier than it already is.

by Anonymousreply 14May 27, 2023 4:33 PM

I watched it. It was poorly done overall. MTV used to make better documentaries than this one. And the alopecia suffering director inserting herself in the show would have been fine, except she was so vain and so self-centered that it was cringe-worthy. The rushes or pledges or whatever? Boring. You couldn’t love or hate any of them because they were so dull.

This had potential and it was wasted.

by Anonymousreply 15May 27, 2023 9:38 PM

R15 is right. It could have been much better, much sharper.

by Anonymousreply 16May 27, 2023 9:55 PM

I would say I can’t believe “sorority girls” still exist. But, there seems to be a new wave of women who really revel in being stay-at-home-moms. I would guess there’s a lot of overlap with those two groups.

by Anonymousreply 17May 27, 2023 9:59 PM

When the bald director dressed up in a disguise (blond wig and floral dress), I couldn’t believe what I was watching.

You have a bunch of 18 year old girls desperately trying to rush these crazy sororities and you think the audience wants to see you and your alopecia?

Utter nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 18May 27, 2023 10:00 PM

Just finished watching. It's a mess, but not even a guilty pleasure mess. There's no premise, either stated or presented. Everyone from the director to the subjects are vapid and shallow. The director weirdly inserts themselves into the documentary. The whole thing is a waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 19May 27, 2023 10:50 PM

The whole thing wasn’t going to fly because Greek life is notoriously secretive and protective. Remember when MTV had that show “Sorority Life” and “Fraternity Life”? That ended because whoever the governing body was at the time let it be known that anyone who participated in the show would lose their charter.

They were mostly terrible on that show so no wonder they wouldn’t want to be exposed to the public. I thought the girls at that Jewish fraternity were nice (but not most of the pledges), but the rest were just awful. That fraternity they showed accepted all their pledges except one. The only black kid in the bunch who was also the nicest kid out of all of them. It was pretty heartbreaking watching people who he thought were his friends turn their back on him once he didn’t get in and it was obvious he didn’t get in because he was black. Blessing in disguise. It would have been worse if he had spent his college years trying to be accepted by such jerks.

by Anonymousreply 20May 28, 2023 11:12 AM

They should have just skipped this nonsense and done a full documentary on "the machine" which was by far the most intriguing thing about it.

I personally think they tapped (and paid) that Mikayla girl to be on it knowing full well she wouldn't go through rush. . She couldn't have seemed any less interested in the whole process.

by Anonymousreply 21May 28, 2023 1:40 PM

Who are these trashy people?

by Anonymousreply 22May 29, 2023 5:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!