Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘The Randall Scandal’ on Hulu, a Dishy Dive into Movie Producer and ‘Vanderpump Rules’ Star Randall Emmett’s Misdeeds

At one point in the trailer for the new Hulu documentary The Randall Scandal: Love, Loathing, and Vanderpump, someone says, “I literally would not know the name Randall Emmett if I didn’t see him on Vanderpump Rules.”

Before Emmett turned up on Vanderpump as reality star Lala Kent‘s boyfriend, he was a film producer who worked primarily on straight-to-VOD movies. But his appearances on Vanderpump Rules raised his profile and, as a result, the public started to learn about his financial woes, abusive behavior and shady business dealings, which became the target of a Los Angeles Times exposé in June 2022.

The new documentary about Emmett promises to expose him for the huckster that he is, and features exclusive interviews with those who know him, including many of his past assistants and colleagues, plus Lisa and Easton Burningham, the mother and brother of Lala Kent, Emmet’s ex-girlfriend and the mother of his child.

According to the LA Times report, Emmett grew angry on the set of the films he worked on with Bruce Willis, whose cognitive decline (which would subsequently be diagnosed as aphasia, and led to Willis’s retirement) prevented him from remembering his lines.

Emmett was accused of exploiting Willis, whose condition left him unable to perform some of his acting duties. Among the other controversies Emmett has been involved in, he was engaged in a public beef with 50 Cent, who loaned the producer $1 million and was unable to repay him in a timely manner, and he allegedly tackled Kent when she confronted him over cheating allegations.

The Hulu doc will address all of these allegations, plus others that have not been covered in print, and will address how the producer’s “shocking” behavior came to a head when he became something of a reality star himself, exposing his bad behavior in his own quest for fame.

Who's watching?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2023 10:43 AM

Lot of talking heads in the doc, especially gay podcasters. They think LALA is GORGEOUS!!

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2023 8:25 AM

I'm confused as to exactly why this is shocking; Hollywood is looking full of cretins like this. I suppose the only shocking aspect is that he turned himself into a spectacle by dating a reality TV star, thereby inviting scrutiny, but not only do I not find any of this shocking, I wouldn't be surprised if he was laundering money for seedy Russians or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2023 8:42 AM

He has ferret eyes and looks like he'd sound exactly like Joe Pesci, with none of his charm.

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2023 10:29 AM

When I see the name Vanderpump in a headline or a post I invariably stop reading and move on. Does anyone actually watch this show? I guess you can quote Nielsen numbers but I have not heard one person I know tell me they watch it, dish over its scandals, wonder what’s happening, etc. I’m not a fan of most reality shows (RHONY being an exception) but I like competitive shows like RPDR and Top Chef. But I mean, isn’t this a show about a restaurant?

And “reality stars” — isn’t that by definition all of us?

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2023 10:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!