Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WeHo Pride vs LA Pride which one should I go to?

Yeah, I know all you old bitter queens on the DL hate Pride, too commercial, doesn't represent me bla, bla, bla. Anyways I have not been to a pride since Covid started and it's time to get out. But in case you dont know, the huge gay pride LA used to have broke trying to make it more racially and socially economic inclusive. LA Pride org decided to move the festival and parade from West Hollywood to downtown LA by Dodger stadium. This took away all the gay dollars spent in WeHo that happen once a year severally punishing the gay businesses there. So, the City of West Hollywood decided to put on their own gay pride a week before that one.

So which one should I go to? WeHo is ground zero for gay life including gay bars and restaurants, downtown has nothing there except the event itself. Which you have to pay to go in. But they were the organization that starting everything long before West Hollywood became a real city. They are both sticking to their gun and competing against each other now.

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2023 7:50 AM

WeHo. I don’t know where you’re located in L.A., but driving downtown is so unappealing to me.

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2023 7:23 AM

I am in Long Beach, but our gay pride is months away and I am kind of board with it. Not as fun or big as WeHo used to be.

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2023 7:29 AM

Interesting how little self respect can be found in pride

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2023 7:31 AM

If you want to avoid the poors and the working class, go to the WeHo Pride because it caters to the upscale locals. If you like ethnic and class diversity and don’t mind people from less affluent areas (or are one yourself), go to L.A. Pride.

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2023 7:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!