Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tom and Rita Hanks in a snit on Cannes red carpet.

Well...wonder what this was about?

DLers care to take a guess?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98May 27, 2023 4:28 AM

Hissing rat face.

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2023 12:26 AM

Tom being told the bar was cutting him off.

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2023 12:28 AM

TH has written a novel, believe it or not

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2023 12:29 AM

The festival employee told them that Chet Haze had been permanently banned from entering all EU countries for reasons which are well known to Tom and Rita.

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2023 12:30 AM

Activia kicked in and the bathroom was locked

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2023 12:30 AM

Their nepo baby son checked into rehab again.

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2023 12:31 AM

R4 is correct. Chet has been banned due to the fact that the EU has determined that his rapping is a crime against humanity.

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2023 12:32 AM

But Monsieur Hanks, the invite explcitly stated NO plus ones!

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2023 12:35 AM

Rita's got some big tits

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2023 1:04 AM

The most overrated and unattractive movie star in Hollywood history.

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2023 1:07 AM

I used to be a fan, but I like him less and less.

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2023 1:11 AM

He mistook Tom’s wife for Carnie Wilson

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2023 1:15 AM

Having lived in France for many years, petits fonctionnaires don't need an excuse to be trous de cul.

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2023 1:17 AM

Christ, it’s nearly impossible to get that webpage to load fully without crashing repeatedly. It’s like a Datalounge thread with 500 replies.

by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2023 1:19 AM

Sweet Christ! Her wedding dress!

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2023 1:28 AM

Sky News says

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2023 5:51 AM

He's suffering from asteroids.

by Anonymousreply 17May 24, 2023 6:03 AM

This lends credence to that DL'er who once reported seeing Tom on the steps of a courthouse yelling and angrily pointing his finger at his lawyer. This shows he really does do that.

by Anonymousreply 18May 24, 2023 6:13 AM

The staffer chose the wrong time to ask for a selfie.

by Anonymousreply 19May 24, 2023 6:21 AM

Raving Private Ryan gave me a chuckle.

by Anonymousreply 20May 24, 2023 6:23 AM

A few years ago, Rita took to social media to complain about her hair stylist or makeup stylist running late to do Rita's make-up She came across as an entitled cunt and the comments all trashed her and called her out on her entitlement.

I find it interesting that the last few years, Tom Hanks has been receiving negative feedback. His performance in Elvis got negative reviews and Chet continues to be an embarrassment.

Rita and Tom do not appear to be as nice as they try to make themselves appear.

by Anonymousreply 21May 24, 2023 6:31 AM

Remember when he was presenting at the Oscars & the orchestra played the Forrest Gump theme as he walked onstage (after he’d explicitly asked that this not be played), he said something rude to the bandleader & had a horrible expression on his face, until he realized the camera had caught this & his pissy attitude instantly dissolved. I think he has anger issues.

by Anonymousreply 22May 24, 2023 7:14 AM

Did the staffer accidentally step on Hanks’s ego?

by Anonymousreply 23May 24, 2023 7:56 AM

They just want a box of chocolates. Why couldn't that peasant just do his job?

by Anonymousreply 24May 24, 2023 9:00 AM

[quote]Rita and Tom do not appear to be as nice as they try to make themselves appear.

I hate when that happens.

by Anonymousreply 25May 24, 2023 9:48 AM

Maybe the staffer is a Qanonner and asked if if he wanted sparkling water or infant blood as refreshment after the long red carpet walk or he asked Ruta if she was aware her husband was really dead and "Tom" was actually a hologram.

by Anonymousreply 26May 24, 2023 10:15 AM

Proof positive that we don't know celebs. We only know their personas.

by Anonymousreply 27May 24, 2023 10:20 AM

The guy being yelled at just told Tom that’s he’s team Buzz Lightyear. .

by Anonymousreply 28May 24, 2023 10:32 AM

Tom specifically demanded a case of Domaine Ramonet Montrachet and received Prieur Montrachet. Scandale!

by Anonymousreply 29May 24, 2023 10:39 AM

That's not a snit. It's more of a kerfuffle.

by Anonymousreply 30May 24, 2023 10:40 AM

I never liked this guy. I bet they're the Will and Jada of the old.

by Anonymousreply 31May 24, 2023 10:42 AM

Guy looks like a gate crasher who was trying to get in their pictures. One shot shows Hanks with his thumb up like , get outta here.

by Anonymousreply 32May 24, 2023 10:45 AM

He’s just be Greek. They are overly expressive .

by Anonymousreply 33May 24, 2023 10:46 AM

I blame Rita. She makes albums and executive produces things but if she weren’t Tom’s wife she would be nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 34May 24, 2023 10:49 AM

Managing a Dress Barn in Reno is not “nowhere,” R34.

Oh. Wait.

by Anonymousreply 35May 24, 2023 11:15 AM

R18, yes! I remember that DL post, and it's exactly what I thought of, too, when I saw this thread.

Hanks' Nice Guy schtick seems fraudulent. He has had the public fooled for most of his career, but maybe no longer. His wife is reportedly a piece of work, too.

by Anonymousreply 36May 24, 2023 11:19 AM

As entertaining as it might be to see celebs betray their public image in an unguarded moment, this isn't it. Instead, it's more page 6 bullshit where they assign a narrative to a series of photos as clickbait. Clicks are cash and this rag is not exactly concerned with anything approaching journalism.

If you look at the expressions on their faces, they could just as easily be described as animated Hanks telling one of his stories. Rita seems rather relaxed and not in confrontation mode. I worked for the NY Post they do this shit ALL THE TIME and they focus on celebrities who have been tagged for unreasoned hate by MAGA shitheads. Hanks is one of those people

by Anonymousreply 37May 24, 2023 11:37 AM

Makes sense r37.

by Anonymousreply 38May 24, 2023 11:40 AM

Is it Mark Consueles on the other end of those two witchy 🧙🏼‍♀️ poo fingers?

by Anonymousreply 39May 24, 2023 12:36 PM

Is this his real nature? I’ve read they are not nice, it is just front.

by Anonymousreply 40May 24, 2023 12:56 PM

"Oh, sorry, I don't want your autograph after all, I just thought from the back that you might be Paul Rudd."

by Anonymousreply 41May 24, 2023 1:02 PM

"The basketball upstaged you."

by Anonymousreply 42May 24, 2023 1:02 PM

I can be as nice and forgiving as the next guy, but sometime I just snap. Usually the trigger is someone being stupid, condescending, or lying to my face. At the time it happens, I feel justified for reacting the way I do; only a few times have I felt ashamed or embarrassed afterwards/reflecting.

I don’t think this personality trait negates my general “nice guy” persona, because I am genuinely nice. Perhaps it’s the same with T&R.

Or perhaps it’s another after effect of long-COVID?

by Anonymousreply 43May 24, 2023 1:16 PM

She caught Tom Hanks trolling for cock again on Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 44May 24, 2023 1:17 PM

Cranky old couple, don't they have handlers to handle these people?

by Anonymousreply 45May 24, 2023 1:23 PM

I watched the video and apparently they were not scolding anyone, just making gestures as they spoke, Rita even smiled at this same guy.

With that said I still don't buy their nice persona given that Rita is rumored to be cunty and was caught being cunty on camera last year.

Same for Hanks being a cunt to the director of Parasite at the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 46May 24, 2023 1:27 PM

R37 and r46, Look again, specifically at the hands.

Tom and Rita are each pointing their forefingers in a universal aggressive gesture, while hapless employee has both his forefingers curled inward, pointing towards himself in probably an apology.

Then there is of course Tom's expression, one which I wouldn't ascribe to a mere "animated" telling of an anecdote (moreover, not the time, place, nor audience!).

No. Something went amiss on the Red Carpet to anger Tom, and it seems he blames the employee for not having prevented it.

by Anonymousreply 47May 24, 2023 1:41 PM

I'd like to zoom in on their faces, but Datalounge decided to stop making that feature work.

by Anonymousreply 48May 24, 2023 1:59 PM

It's hard to judge things just based on a single picture R47.

Specially when the videos don't show this moment, or any other moment of anger on the red carpet.

Not saying they didn't snap, but I will wait for the video of them scolding the guy instead of jumping to conclusions.

by Anonymousreply 49May 24, 2023 2:02 PM

^Agree, if there's video out there, we'll see it soon enough. As someone else noted, TH since to be a target of the MAGA press, for any number of reasons. That & I suspect people know that he's increasingly easily triggered, so they probably hope that one day Mr. WW II/Forrest Gump will have a complete public meltdown one day over some perceived slight to his high maintenance wife

by Anonymousreply 50May 24, 2023 2:14 PM

[Quote] Same for Hanks being a cunt to the director of Parasite at the Oscars.

I know I can Google it, but what's that now?!?!

by Anonymousreply 51May 24, 2023 2:20 PM

Looks like Uncle Ned found the vanilla extract again.

by Anonymousreply 52May 24, 2023 2:25 PM

Tom and Rita are living in the alternative reality known as “cunt city” so communication is difficult and strenuous.

by Anonymousreply 53May 24, 2023 2:28 PM

Found a video R51, apparently most of them have been removed from the internet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 24, 2023 2:38 PM

He seemed to be mugging broadly at the Parasite guy.

by Anonymousreply 55May 24, 2023 3:28 PM

Maybe the contract he made with Satan expired after 40 years.

by Anonymousreply 56May 24, 2023 3:29 PM

Dammit, I want it on the record that I'm not a MAGA shithead per R37's comment. A shithead in many respects, no doubt, but not that kind.

BTW, no hate on you, R37; your inside info is interesting. Just want to make clear: I LOATHE TRUMP. LOATHE HIM. LOATHE HIM!

by Anonymousreply 57May 24, 2023 3:55 PM

[quote]I can be as nice and forgiving as the next guy, but sometime I just snap.

It seems odd to "just snap" in a very public location surrounded by people and cameras. If they can't manage to hide their anger at a time like that, I'd say they're very angry people.

by Anonymousreply 58May 24, 2023 4:04 PM

R46, R54, I am not defending Hanks, I'm sure he is an arrogant putz, but what exactly was wrong with the Oscar's clip? Yes, it would have been more polite to stay and congratulate the guy but he may have been using the moment to disengage from Brad. I am terrible at disengaging from chitchat at a party and I will sometimes use an opportunity like that to duck out of a conversation. Maybe I am just an ignorant boor.

by Anonymousreply 59May 24, 2023 4:06 PM

Based on the video at r51, I don't see anything untoward about that interaction between Hanks and the Parasite director.

I'm confused what the issue is.

Now, the red carpet snit - that no look bueno.

by Anonymousreply 60May 24, 2023 4:43 PM

Turns out it was chaotic and the screaming fans and paparazzi made it hard to hear and they had to shout at the guy to ask where they were supposed to go.

by Anonymousreply 61May 24, 2023 5:46 PM

Yeah, Rita's finger is pointed, but kind of curved (not as aggressive as a straight finger). I think something was going on.

by Anonymousreply 62May 24, 2023 6:28 PM

He apparently said World Wide Wigger Chet Haze’s raps weren’t dope

by Anonymousreply 63May 24, 2023 6:38 PM

r5 Your funny!! I like you!😁👍

by Anonymousreply 64May 24, 2023 6:43 PM

yeah, it was nothing. they couldn't hear the guy talk.

by Anonymousreply 65May 24, 2023 7:07 PM

Much ado about nothing. News reporting has gone to the dogs

by Anonymousreply 66May 24, 2023 9:05 PM

I'm a huge nobody, but I've been to the Cannes Film Festival right up to that red carpet.

They have rules, being French, of course, lots of rules. One is that everyone shows their badge or ticket to enter...everyone. Even very famous people, even members of the jury. I'm not saying that's what happened, but even if they recognize you they might ask to see your ticket/invite and after decades of fame, the old, "Don't you know who I am?" can hit the brick wall, especially with the French!

Just a guess.

by Anonymousreply 67May 24, 2023 9:18 PM

A friend of mine once told Tom Hanks he should have made a hole in Wilson so he could fuck it. Tom was speechless.

by Anonymousreply 68May 24, 2023 9:29 PM

Well, he should have.

by Anonymousreply 69May 24, 2023 10:30 PM

I thought they split.

by Anonymousreply 70May 24, 2023 10:35 PM

R68 I really hope that is a true story.

by Anonymousreply 71May 25, 2023 12:08 AM

R59 the clips with a lot of comments were deleted, or I couldn't find them, at the time a lot of people found his attitude rude.

He was shaking his head in disapproval right in front of everyone just because he was interrupted. But a lot of people thought Bong Joon-ho didn't mean to interrupt, he simply wanted to go back to his seat and Brad Pitt thought he wanted to greet him and was nice to guy, giving him a hug as if he were a fan.

But even if the guy meant to interrupt, I thought Hanks' attitude cunty, simply, he lives in Los Angeles and would have every opportunity to go back to chating with Pitt later that same night, or even the following week if he wanted to, But the Korean director would soon fly back to Korea and would have no other opportunity to introduce himself and have his five seconds with Brad Pitt.

If he is snippy like that with lots of cameras around and in front of a thousand people, imagine what he could be like on the set interacting with directors and crew members.

by Anonymousreply 72May 25, 2023 2:37 AM

R68, Maybe Tom was struck speechless because his wife's name is Rita WILSON.

by Anonymousreply 73May 25, 2023 2:40 AM

R68 😆😂😂😂😂😂

He should have laughed, that was a good joke.

by Anonymousreply 74May 25, 2023 2:49 AM

Rita comments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 25, 2023 4:30 AM

He probably was upset the assistant accidentally stepped in front of a camera. Gif forbid poor Tom would ever allow that.

by Anonymousreply 76May 25, 2023 4:35 AM

"Aren't you one of the guys from Bosom Buddies?"

by Anonymousreply 77May 25, 2023 4:59 AM

Maybe the guy asked him to explain where he recorded that video message from when he had Covid—the place with the broke ass kitchen that was supposed to be home.

by Anonymousreply 78May 25, 2023 5:01 AM

They look like just another couple of nasty rich people pulling a “I’m not happy about this.” Don’t they have minions to handle this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 25, 2023 5:02 AM

Someone got confused and asked him if he was “the actor with AIDS.”

by Anonymousreply 80May 25, 2023 5:04 AM

[quote]"The basketball upstaged you."

Did Wilson identify as a basketball?

by Anonymousreply 81May 25, 2023 5:15 AM

I forgot Rota Wilson was also a singer... perhaps because I've never listened to one of her songs!

by Anonymousreply 82May 25, 2023 10:21 AM

r75 In other words, a non-story. They were all yelling because they couldn't hear each other over the commotion. He was giving them directions on where to go and they just couldn't hear him.

by Anonymousreply 83May 25, 2023 11:46 AM

these two love taking the bait. meanwhile, what wilson explained she actually said sounds snippy and bitchy. and who the hell doesn’t know where to go on a red carpet: you walk straight ahead until the carpet ends, and you’re in the venue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 25, 2023 12:27 PM

Staffer probably needed to be scolded. Remember celebrities on a red carpet have more value and importance than those around them.

by Anonymousreply 85May 25, 2023 2:22 PM

[quote]and who the hell doesn’t know where to go on a red carpet: you walk straight ahead until the carpet ends, and you’re in the venue.

Exactly. It may be nothing, but her explanation doesn't make any sense.

How many HUNDREDS of red carpets have they walked. There is a literal carpet in red whose sole purpose is for celebrities to walk down from one end to another.

How could there be any confusion about what to do. You walk. People take pix. You walk some more. People take more pix. Then voila, you reach the end of the carpet where there presumably will be people to tell you where to go next.

It ain't previously never performed brain surgery to implant electrodes to assist a heretofore paralyzed person walk for the first time since his accident.

by Anonymousreply 86May 25, 2023 9:07 PM

R83, You believe that PR story?

by Anonymousreply 87May 25, 2023 10:35 PM

Moreover, r86, Tom Hanks walked that exact same Red Carpet just LAST YEAR---for "Elvis."

by Anonymousreply 88May 25, 2023 10:36 PM

There seems to be a recurring them: Tom deals with paps, awards shows, red carpets by himself - no issue. The wife shows up - there's some kind of drama. I posted this before, but years ago my relative was a PA for some kind of play/event those two were involved in. Tom was just like "whatever" and at whatever they asked him to do, while Rita made a big fuss and complained to the PAs. He probably "white knights" her in public to escape her histrionics in private. You can kind of see where Chet gets it.

by Anonymousreply 89May 26, 2023 10:24 AM

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 05/25 **9** Don't believe the excuses, this permanent A list mostly movie actor who is a multiple Oscar winner/nominee was really angry because someone had dropped him off at the wrong place. He was really angry. Tom Hanks

(Rita Wilson says awkward moment on Cannes red carpet with Tom Hanks isn’t what it looks like) (Asteroid City explosion: Tom Hanks is noticeably ABSENT from today's photo-call with cast of new Wes Anderson movie - as Cannes red carpet manager breaks his silence on last night's run-in with the actor and his wife)

by Anonymousreply 90May 26, 2023 10:55 AM

It's always the lesser celebrities R89.

There was a video of her being cunty to fans last year.

Although there was someone who posted in here ( or twitter) that she was sweet and apologized to them about Tom's grumpy and rude behavior once.

by Anonymousreply 91May 26, 2023 7:11 PM

Another case of the cunty talentless wife bringing out the worst in the man.

by Anonymousreply 92May 26, 2023 8:05 PM

Curious if either Tom or Rita speaks any French or if they assume "the help" at Cannes all know English (as they probably do).

by Anonymousreply 93May 26, 2023 8:14 PM

I'm glad someone finally posted a proper reason for the meltdown. Carry on!

by Anonymousreply 94May 27, 2023 12:13 AM

Tom Hanks innovatively and refreshingly IS (...in the 3 starring bio-films among those new movies he has yet to make in the future):

JERRY LEWIS!

BOB HOPE!

JACK LEMMON in the "China Syndrome" remake!!

by Anonymousreply 95May 27, 2023 3:11 AM

I just found out Tom's son Truman plays the younger version of him in 'A Man Called Otto'. I bet that eats Chet up that both of his brothers get to act with their dad. I blame Rita for Chet, I heard she is a diva.

by Anonymousreply 96May 27, 2023 3:58 AM

I don't know a lot about Rita Wilson, she's only marginally talented but she seems fine.

My question is this: Many years ago I heard a story from a reliable source. It could be either Rita Wilson or Cate Capshaw, he wasn't sure which one was doing the hiring only that it was one of the two. She hires professional male doms to spank her and dominate her in bed.

I vote for Wilson but I actually have no idea which one it could be. Anybody know?

by Anonymousreply 97May 27, 2023 4:20 AM

r97 Capshaw struck as more of a gold digger so I would guess her

by Anonymousreply 98May 27, 2023 4:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!