Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Texas AG Calls for Resignation of ‘Obviously’ Drunk GOP House Speaker

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has called for the resignation of House Speaker Dade Phelan (R) after he presided over the house “in an obviously intoxicated state.” Paxton also called for an investigation into the incident.

“Texans were dismayed to witness his performance presiding over the Texas House in a state of apparent debilitating intoxication,” the attorney general wrote in a statement posted to Twitter on Tuesday. “His conduct has negatively impacted the legislative process and constitutes a failure to live up to his duty to the public.”

Paxton also wrote a letter calling for an investigation. “Based on a review of Speaker Dade Phelan presiding over the House of Representatives in an obviously intoxicated state, I am calling upon the [General Investigations] Committee to open an investigation into Speaker Phelan for violation of House rules, state law, and for conduct unbecoming his position,” Paxton wrote.

Video of Phelan presiding over the Texas House floor while slurring and swaying at the podium during a May 19 session went viral over the weekend.

Phelan himself has not addressed the incident. On Monday, he tweeted an image of himself and Texas Lt. Governor Dan Patrick “working together” on legislative projects. Phelan’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the matter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 26, 2023 11:57 AM

Dade Phelan "swaying" at the podium.

Rofl.

Texas is so fucked up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2023 11:49 PM

AG Statement calling for Phelan's resignation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2023 11:50 PM

Dade is cute.

I'd suck him off while he's drunk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 23, 2023 11:50 PM

If I had four brats, I'd be drunk all the time too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 23, 2023 11:51 PM

He could be drugged up on some medication. Paxton immediately calling for resignation screams behind the scenes animus and virtue signaling.

by Anonymousreply 5May 23, 2023 11:56 PM

Dade the lush at the podium:

Omg, why does the room keep moving?

And another thing I've always wanted to tell you: You're all sons-of-bitches. Every last one of you.

by Anonymousreply 6May 23, 2023 11:57 PM

[quote]If I had four brats

Yeah, but the youngest one sure does have a purty mouth.

by Anonymousreply 7May 23, 2023 11:57 PM

Dade doesn't look drunk.

But that sure is a mighty big GAVEL he has in his hands.

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2023 12:00 AM

Mein Abbott.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2023 12:02 AM

Attorney General Ken Paxton is a criminal and I would be pointing that out constantly if I were Dade, in between drinking and laughing.

[quote] And another thing I've always wanted to tell you: You're all sons-of-bitches. Every last one of you.

No lie detected.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2023 12:04 AM

"Membs dopt jection mem-mint".

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2023 12:08 AM

[quote] Texans were dismayed to witness his performance presiding over the Texas House in a state of apparent debilitating intoxication

I honestly don't think Texans give a shit about what their politicians do.

Ted Cruz, Governor Abbott, drunk Speaker of the House, corrupt AG.

Anything goes in that state.

They have the most disgusting, most corrupt, most vile politicians of any state in the USA, next to Florida.

These politicians tell the voters, "FUCK YOU!" and the voters say, "YES SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER??"

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2023 12:08 AM

I think it's fabulous. If all Speakers of the House were really drunk on the job, politics would be way more entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2023 12:09 AM

All we care about are our guns.

by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2023 12:11 AM

Give me a few more weeks with the crazy caucus, and I'll be right there with you r13.

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2023 12:11 AM

Put down the bottle, OP. We already know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2023 12:14 AM

Omg, that was total Vitameatavegimin realness

by Anonymousreply 17May 24, 2023 12:14 AM

Kenny the crook wants Dade the drunk to resign. Governor Grego could fix this but he won’t stand up for anything.

by Anonymousreply 18May 24, 2023 12:16 AM

These mother fuckers think 1/6/2921 was just a Sunday school picnic. They could give a flying fuck if some yahoo shows up to work drumk.

by Anonymousreply 19May 24, 2023 12:23 AM

This does not sound and look drunk. Medicated, yes.

by Anonymousreply 20May 24, 2023 12:24 AM

Could that be neurological?

by Anonymousreply 21May 24, 2023 12:25 AM

I blame the librulz.

by Anonymousreply 22May 24, 2023 12:30 AM

[quote] Could that be neurological?

Being a Republican? yeah, probably.

by Anonymousreply 23May 24, 2023 12:31 AM

[quote] These mother fuckers think 1/6/2921 was just a Sunday school picnic

Are you from the future?

by Anonymousreply 24May 24, 2023 12:31 AM

2021 obviously

by Anonymousreply 25May 24, 2023 12:35 AM

R1 Pfft. That's kid stuff.

by Anonymousreply 26May 24, 2023 12:37 AM

Drunk or sober, he is kind of hot. Maybe he will lose his inhibition in the men's steamroom.

by Anonymousreply 27May 24, 2023 12:40 AM

Why aren't we talking about the elephant in the room? The Texas House of Representatives is so damn drab --- all brown and white. We need a team of gay interior designers to inject some color. If I had to work there every day, I'd drink too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 24, 2023 12:46 AM

I love it when GOP twats cannibalize each other.

by Anonymousreply 29May 24, 2023 2:02 AM

[quote] Drunk or sober, he is kind of hot. Maybe he will lose his inhibition in the men's steamroom.

I'm there!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 24, 2023 2:38 AM

This is very, very derisen... very bertacious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 26, 2023 11:42 AM

When this OP isn't posting long news articles unnecessarily, we posts racist shit on other threads.

by Anonymousreply 32May 26, 2023 11:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!