Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Omid Scobie Calls Out King Charles and Prince William for Not Contacting Prince Harry After New York City Car Chase

As Marie Claire reported recently, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle apparently haven’t heard a word from the royal family about their frightening car chase in New York City last week—and longtime Sussex reporter Omid Scobie is speaking out about it. The Independent reports that Scobie is criticizing King Charles and Prince William in particular for “failing to contact Prince Harry” after the chase, which happened over the course of two hours last Tuesday.

Scobie told BBC Newsnight that the response from the royal family to the incident has been “disappointing” for Harry and Meghan, who make their home in Montecito, California with their two children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet.

“It’s impossible not to think of Princess Diana when we hear about car accidents and this kind of aggressive paparazzi chase,” Scobie said. Harry’s mother, Princess Diana, was killed along with two others on August 31, 1997 in Paris after being relentlessly pursued by paparazzi.

Scobie continued “So I was really surprised to hear…that not one member of the royal family, including King Charles and Prince William—who obviously [were] heavily affected by Princess Diana’s death—has reached out to Prince Harry, hours after the news had broken.”

At the time of her death, William was 15, and Harry 12, nearly 13. After 15 years of marriage, Charles had been divorced from Diana for just 368 days prior to her death, although their marriage deteriorated years before, resulting in the couple’s separation in 1992.

Harry, Meghan, and Meghan’s mother Doria Ragland were in New York City to see Meghan accept an award on behalf of the Ms. Foundation on Tuesday night. The couple were followed by photographers after leaving the award ceremony at the Ziegfeld Ballroom before police intervened and led them to a police station just under a mile and a half from the ballroom. After staying at the police station for 15 minutes, the three left in a taxi once the situation de-escalated, The Independent reports.

A statement from the Sussexes said, “This relentless pursuit, lasting over two hours, resulted in multiple near collisions involving other drivers on the road, pedestrians, and two [police] officers.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 28, 2023 6:06 PM

Charles, William, etc., knew it was a lie. Omid STFU.

by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2023 11:39 PM

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's team is serving up some royal tea for critics of the couple.

Nearly a week after a rep for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex said they were involved in a two-hour car chase with paparazzi, their spokesperson is addressing claims that the incident was for publicity.

"Respectfully, considering the duke's family history, one would have to think nothing of the couple or anybody associated with them to believe this was any sort of P.R. stunt," their rep told the New York Times, referencing the death of Harry's mother Princess Diana, who was killed in a 1997 car crash. "Quite frankly, I think that's abhorrent."

On May 16, Harry, Meghan and her mom Doria Ragland were in New York City to attend the Ms. Foundation Women of Vision Awards, where the duchess was honored.

According to the pair's rep, after leaving the event, the trio were involved in a "near catastrophic car chase" with "highly aggressive paparazzi."

"This relentless pursuit, lasting over two hours, resulted in multiple near collisions involving other drivers on the road, pedestrians and two NYPD officers," the spokesperson told E! News May 17. "While being a public figure comes with a level of interest from the public, it should never come at the cost of anyone's safety."

The NYPD also addressed the incident involving the royal couple.

"On Wednesday evening, May 16, the NYPD assisted the private security team protecting the Duke and Duchess of Sussex," the Deputy Commissioner of Public Information told E! News. "There were numerous photographers that made their transport challenging. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex arrived at their destination and there were no reported collisions, summonses, injuries, or arrests in regard."

Over the years, Harry—who, along with Meghan, stepped away from royal life in 2020—has spoken out against the press, even sharing his fear of his mother's fatal history repeating itself with Meghan.

"My job is to keep my family safe," he said in their Netflix docuseries Harry & Meghan. "But the nature of being born into this position amid everything that comes with it and the level of hate that is being stirred up in the last three years, especially against my wife and my son, I'm generally concerned for the safety of my family."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2023 11:42 PM

Don't forget the Dumb Prince still has 5 civil cases outstanding - all in a country he doesn't even live in. He's the worst kind of vexatious litigant imaginable - an angry man-child with masses of cash to burn, unlimited spare time and a vengeful wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2023 12:07 AM

SMDH, Harry wants that attention from his dad and the world. He found someone to be his sidekick and he's gonna try to play out the media tactics and his mother employed. Even willing to exploit his mother's death to get attention. This whole catastrophic car chase thing, shows exactly what he's thinking. He's spinning his wheels, because The Palace is only concerned about whose wearing the crown and who will wear it next. He's burned his bridges. Harry and Meghan, won't win.

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2023 12:45 AM

Scobie, keep my name out of your fucking mouth.

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2023 12:50 AM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2023 12:52 AM

They have become so so pathetic. Daddy pay attention to me!!! Fucking narcissistic toddlers both of them.

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2023 1:08 AM

This reminds me of our dearly beloved Leslie Jordan's TikTok: "Daddy, Daddy, watch me twirl!!"

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2023 1:22 AM

Oh, shut the fuck up, Scabies.

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2023 1:24 AM

[quote] Scobie, keep my name out of your fucking mouth.

Lol. Will William slap him in the face, the next time he sees Omid?

That would be hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2023 2:30 AM

Omid is a great publicist.

Love him!

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2023 3:47 AM

Is Omid Scobie AI?

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2023 3:58 AM

DL isn't a Royals forum. Why is there a new thread every time one of them breathes?

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2023 4:01 AM

Omid's face: Yuck!

by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2023 11:25 AM

Harry NEEDS a perpetual, catastrophic threat to the safety of his family, by dint of his unfortunate birth, from which only he can protect them, to feel as important as William.

This is his pathology.

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2023 11:32 AM

After all the concern they showed after Pa Markle’s stroke and all the support they provided to Harry’s dying grandparents, this is dismaying.

by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2023 12:10 PM

I'm not going to be IGNORED, Dad!

by Anonymousreply 17May 24, 2023 12:16 PM

Sophie Wessex the Motorcade Murderer.

by Anonymousreply 18May 24, 2023 4:45 PM

Omid has a book coming out on the Sussexes wonderful story. so you bitches better know his name.

by Anonymousreply 19May 24, 2023 5:54 PM

Imagine being in your 40’s and thinking that sniping at your dad through the press is appropriate—let alone emotionally healthy—behavior. I know Borderline is the personality disorder du jour, but really could be one.

by Anonymousreply 20May 24, 2023 6:00 PM

*he could really be

by Anonymousreply 21May 24, 2023 6:00 PM

[quote] Omid Scobie Calls Out King Charles

Charles needs to do this to Scobie, like in the scene from Braveheart...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 24, 2023 6:24 PM

If they were in such danger when claiming the paps were chasing them, why not just drive to the nearest hotel and pretend they were staying there? All that would have happened was that they were photographed walking in.

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2023 12:00 AM

They were TOO TERRORIZED to think of that, and so was their security detail, apparently

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2023 12:21 AM

Charles is busy kinging. When I got into trouble I called my parents....why the hell would I expect them to call me.

by Anonymousreply 25May 25, 2023 12:24 AM

[quote]“It’s impossible not to think of Princess Diana when we hear about car accidents and this kind of aggressive paparazzi chase,”

Fact check!

by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2023 1:21 AM

Um, okay. How is this news and what the fuck is an Omid scobie?

by Anonymousreply 27May 25, 2023 1:23 AM

The Duke and Duchess of Overseas are forever trying to warp themselves in shroud of Diana as a way to excuse any of their noxious behaviors. It's ghoulish and gross

by Anonymousreply 28May 25, 2023 1:24 AM

What in the HELL kind of name is “Omid Scobie”? The way some of you talk about it/him (?), you’d think this was some kind of household name.

by Anonymousreply 29May 25, 2023 1:25 AM

Seethe, Grannies!

SEEETHE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 30May 25, 2023 1:28 AM

Scobid is Persian, and pre-surgeries was an attactive man until his mental illness and body dysmorphia took over.

by Anonymousreply 31May 25, 2023 2:34 AM

He's releasing a book this fall. 'Now, with unique insight, deep access and exclusive revelations, journalist Omid Scobie pulls back the curtain on an institution in turmoil—exposing the chaos, family dysfunction, distrust and draconian practices threatening its very future. This is the monarchy’s endgame. Do they have what it takes to save it?'

I'd like to know who that knows anything would talk to Scobie?

Doesn't he seem like just the guy to write the story?

by Anonymousreply 32June 28, 2023 6:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!