Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why does Jaimie Raskin wear a bandana on his head?

I know he’s undergoing chemo. I wish him well. But why not just shave your head like any other man? Or wear a wig like most other creepy congressmen would do.

He looks like an idiot and like he’s starving for attention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 25, 2023 8:06 AM

I think that bandana came from Steve van Zandt.

by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2023 11:28 PM

Shave your head when/if the time comes. He did what he did.

by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2023 11:29 PM

He has ugly natural hair, I do too. The bandana is an improvement. Also, he is a badass along with Sister Nancy who kept magat scum from destroying American democracy.

by Anonymousreply 3May 23, 2023 11:40 PM

Maybe he did shave his head. Maybe his scalped is scarred or otherwise damaged and he would prefer others not see it. He's out there working with cancer. Give him a break.

by Anonymousreply 4May 23, 2023 11:53 PM

He may be protecting it from the Sun (reasonable, especially if you have cancer), but also doesn’t want to be viewed as “hiding” under a toupee. My sister, who has glioblastoma, wears a head wrap as she also wears an electronic device called Optune. Three years post-diagnosis and no tumor regrowth so far, knock wood.

by Anonymousreply 5May 23, 2023 11:56 PM

He’s a Crip.

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2023 12:06 AM

DFA

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2023 12:09 AM

I'm assuming the people on here thinking he requires an explanation are children and will, therefore, give them the benefit of the doubt.

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2023 12:10 AM

He looks ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2023 12:10 AM

Have undergone chemo three times in the past 14 years. Have lost much of my hair all three times and it’s weird looking and grows back unevenly (but curly!). I’ve noticed that many who adopt the outward signs (I don’t know about the Congressman) of having had chemo really see this as “a fight” and something an evil to combat. They seem to take great comfort from having the recognizable appearance and accoutrements of undergoing therapy. I don’t judge, and many benefit from the kinship of fellow patients. I thought that when he first announced his having been diagnosed with DLCBL, which was my latest cancer. Highly treatable but it can be grueling.

Also? The caps can signify that you’re sick, and not just looking like hell.

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2023 1:34 AM

God, fuck off, OP. He's 11,000 times smarter than you are. He's welcome to wear a bandana.

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2023 1:37 AM

Why does this matter to you, OP. Maybe he doesn't like the shape of his head when it's exposed due to baldness.

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2023 1:39 AM

OP is an asshole—cover him with a blanket and dump him. FOAD…

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2023 1:44 AM

[quote]He looks like an idiot and like he’s starving for attention.

Such projection, OP!

by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2023 1:46 AM

That cobalt blue color is flattering on most of us.

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2023 1:49 AM

Chemo can make you subsceptible to the sun, who gives a fuck except a cunt like you?

by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2023 1:52 AM

Chemo can make you subsceptible to the sun, who gives a fuck except a cunt like you?

by Anonymousreply 17May 24, 2023 1:54 AM

I'd love to show him a few alternatives!

by Anonymousreply 18May 24, 2023 1:58 AM

I can't believe how mentally rancid done people are, like OP. Your post reads like a fifteen year old bitchy girl.

by Anonymousreply 19May 24, 2023 2:04 AM

That man has had to deal with Cancer, Chemo, suicide of his only son, an insurrection, leading an impeachment of a President, death threats, working with MTG, Matt Gaetz, Paul Gosert, George Santos, as far as I am concerned if he wants to wear a dead cat on his head it is okay with me.

by Anonymousreply 20May 24, 2023 2:06 AM

His natural hair looks like a dead cat, this is an improvement

by Anonymousreply 21May 24, 2023 2:08 AM

Because he’s crip bitch. Respect him.

by Anonymousreply 22May 24, 2023 2:10 AM

R6 Rats you beat me to it.

by Anonymousreply 23May 24, 2023 2:11 AM

The Congressman evidently didn't realize Miss Thing would take such severe exception to his head wrap. Jesus Christ, get a fucking life.

by Anonymousreply 24May 24, 2023 2:13 AM

Tonto's dead crow headpiece would look better than that stupid bandanna.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 24, 2023 2:14 AM

He doesn't look as bad as Fetterman did last week. At least he has a SUIT ON!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 24, 2023 2:15 AM

I think it makes him look like a folk hero.

by Anonymousreply 27May 24, 2023 2:21 AM

OP is a troll.

by Anonymousreply 28May 24, 2023 2:28 AM

If Raskin was starved for attention he’d spray tan himself orange, dye his hair yellow and make Time Man of the Year covers to hang in the hotels he named after himself that he bought with his dad’s money.

by Anonymousreply 29May 24, 2023 2:43 AM

Could he be wearing a cold cap and hence the bandana over it?

by Anonymousreply 30May 24, 2023 2:55 AM

Maybe the bandana has some personal significance, like belonging to one of his children.

by Anonymousreply 31May 24, 2023 2:58 AM

[quote]God, fuck off, OP.

[quote]Why does this matter to you, OP?

[quote]OP is an asshole

And learn to spell "Jamie," OP. J-A-M-I-E.

by Anonymousreply 32May 24, 2023 3:02 AM

Does behavior get much lower than calling a cancer patient "ridiculous" because of his head covering?

I think not.

by Anonymousreply 33May 24, 2023 3:03 AM

I take it back, kind of. I do feel bad for making fun of someone with cancer. I may be going to hell. r10 your explanation is enlightening. I have such a dim view of congressmen, and he’s always seemed like such an odd duck to me. I just don’t get it. But as I said, I wish him a strong recovery!

by Anonymousreply 34May 24, 2023 3:04 AM

Well, at least he's not wearing purple wigs like Kyrsten "Attention Whore" Sinema.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 24, 2023 4:36 AM

Would you whores let him eff you?

by Anonymousreply 36May 24, 2023 5:12 AM

He might be wearing it because his head is cold

by Anonymousreply 37May 24, 2023 5:15 AM

[quote] He looks like an idiot and like he’s starving for attention.

Hopefully you’ll get cancer soon and then you can show us how it’s done right.

by Anonymousreply 38May 24, 2023 5:31 AM

Dollface thread.

by Anonymousreply 39May 24, 2023 5:32 AM

I’ve had cancer. There were weeks when I couldn’t even lift my head off my shoulder. Jamie Raskin is a warrior. My heart goes out to him. That’s all I have to say in this hopefully soon-to-be greyed-out thread.

by Anonymousreply 40May 24, 2023 8:07 AM

His scalp is likely tender, or he has sores- hairpieces are hot and uncomfortable and not an option if you have open cuts or abrasions because they can get easily infected or tender skin cannot accept adhesion. I wore a bandanna for awhile because hats with a band leave deep marks and indentations on my head, that took hours to go away.

I’ll also say solid color bandannas are a no go, because because of religious or gang connotations, and a beanie, knitted cap or other hat would be ridiculous (Pussy Cap!) or dishonorable because it would be expected to take them off while in session.

by Anonymousreply 41May 24, 2023 8:25 AM

Op you sound like a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 42May 24, 2023 9:18 AM

What a mean spirited thread to start, OP. I’m undergoing chemo myself. I’m not wearing a hat or bandana. In fact, fortunately for me, my hair hasn’t fallen out much at all. But you do get horrible skin reactions to the drugs, from extremely dry skin to sores, psoriasis, and my skin is so sensitive it actually bleeds just from contact with my pillow. These chemo hats and bandanas are specially designed to protect the skin.

by Anonymousreply 43May 24, 2023 9:23 AM

He actually WAS doing it for attention. And he actually IS friends with Steve van Zandt. What a strange, strange world we inhabit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 24, 2023 10:53 AM

Correct link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 24, 2023 10:54 AM

I like it.

by Anonymousreply 46May 24, 2023 12:55 PM

[quote]Thanks to the incomparable rocker/activist @ StevieVanZandt, Reps. @ ColinAllredTX and @ MikieSherrill and hundreds of bandana-clad true-blue freedom-fighting Dems for joining tonight's rockin’ “Bandanas Across America" party. I am ever grateful for your friendship and solidarity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 25, 2023 8:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!