Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Donald Trump, in a Second Term, Wants to “Control…Every Facet of Life in America”

If you thought the former guy went full authoritarian in his first term, just wait for round two.

ast July, months before Donald Trump even announced he was running for president again, a pants-pissingly terrifying report laid out his likely plans for an authoritarian second term. They included giving himself the power to fire thousands of federal workers who actually know what they’re doing and replace them with people who exclusively care about pleasing him; potentially appointing one of the people who helped him try to steal a second term to the role of attorney general; and likely giving a top national security job to a guy who wrote a children’s book about the Russia investigation that features a character called “King Donald.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2023 7:41 PM

Per the report, he’d also already put Stephen Miller, a.k.a. Lucifer in the flesh, in charge of finding lawyers who, unlike the ones the last time around, wouldn’t tell Trump his demands were “illegal” and unable to “be implemented.”

by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2023 8:25 PM

I can't even begin to imagine the insanity this time next year. Welcome back, constant feeling of impending doom.

by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2023 8:38 PM

VOTE!!

by Anonymousreply 3May 23, 2023 8:52 PM

I have never loathed a single human being more.

by Anonymousreply 4May 23, 2023 8:54 PM

This is apparently what half of the people want. I don’t know why exactly. Weak minded and incapable of independent thought? Fearful and looking for a Daddy to tell them what to do and keep the bad people away? I guess they like the draconian way Russia and such are run. Where the rubber meets the road I think even some of them might not like an iron grip on everyone as much as they think they will.

by Anonymousreply 5May 23, 2023 10:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2023 6:34 PM

For those who don't subscribe:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2023 6:37 PM

R7, people who don't subscribe to The Washington Post probably also don't pay for Datalounge, which is why this thread is dead in the water.

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2023 7:22 PM

r8 I think we were in prime time earlier today

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2023 7:24 PM

It's not just Democracy that depends on Republicans getting the shit beat out of them in every election from now on and this fat slob sent packing (hopefully to prison, but definitely to yet another "L"), but America and our very lives.

VOLUNTEER! DONATE! VOTE!

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2023 7:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!