Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Russia has begun sanctioning Trump enemies in the US

I found this out tonight during the hand-off between Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell, when O'Donnell facetiously remarked that his and Rachel's paddle trip down the Volga River this summer (as if) has been officially cancelled. Rachel is on the sanctions list, as is quite a few of those who have been critical of Donald Trump or contributary to his legal woes - Letitia James, Brad Raffensburger, Jimmy Kimmel, etc, etc. "They said bad things about meee!" Talk about petty bullshit.

But it helps underscore the continued political alliance between Trump and Vladimir Putin. Russia seems to be putting all of its political eggs in one basket, banking upon a Trump win in 2024, to create a complete upset in their war of aggression on Ukraine. Russia wants Trump to be president of the US, and is pulling out all the stops to help make that happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 24, 2023 2:42 PM

[quote]when O'Donnell facetiously remarked that his and Rachel's paddle trip down the Volga River this summer (as if) has been officially cancelled

I chuckled at that mental image.

by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2023 3:40 AM

R1, Jimmy Kimmel and Stephen Colbert were also supposed to be on that trip.

Isn't it wild, though, that Russia is sanctioning US citizens from Trump's enemies list? Completely wack.

by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2023 3:48 AM

Also the police officer who shot that kooky Ashli Babbitt.

by Anonymousreply 3May 23, 2023 3:51 AM

In the past, hey have also sanctioned people in Trump world who aren't his enemies, but because of their involvement in the Julian Assange case.

by Anonymousreply 4May 23, 2023 3:53 AM

Will those 500 people be OK? I know I couldn't survive without my supply of face melting Krokodil and really cheap vodka.

by Anonymousreply 5May 23, 2023 3:53 AM

Let me get this straight: these choads in Russia think that banning people --anyone-- from going to Russia is a Punishment?

Wow, ok. Keep living in that dream world, I guess. The banned people will just have to "endure" somehow, lol.

by Anonymousreply 6May 23, 2023 4:04 AM

[quote]Also the police officer who shot that kooky Ashli Babbitt.

That is hilarious. It's the most pathetic "Are you there, Trump? It's me, Vova" appeal yet. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

by Anonymousreply 7May 23, 2023 4:10 AM

Interesting list, but I doubt Trump himself was involved here, I don't believe he told Putin or stated these people are his enemies and should be punished thus Russia followed the suit etc. I think Russia did this on purpose, they put those names on the list to create chaos and sow the seeds of distrust, and judging from the media reaction, it succeeded! Just look at the headline, another proof of the collusion, Putin is still helping Trump! Trump supporters are gloating here and those against Trump are further convinced they are still working with Russia. Russia dropped the hook, the media snapped at it in no time, exactly the way kremlin wanted.

by Anonymousreply 8May 23, 2023 8:03 AM

[quote]R8: Interesting list, but I doubt Trump himself was involved here, I don't believe he told Putin or stated these people are his enemies and should be punished thus Russia followed the suit etc.

Because Trump never appeals to Russia to do anything on his behalf, right?

[quote]“Russia, if you’re listening — I hope you are able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press. Let’s see if that happens.”

Trump isn't shy about making lists of enemies and naming them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 23, 2023 9:38 AM

R9 that's exactly Kremlin wants to you think here, because Trump did that in the past, they put those names on the list now, "of course at Trump's request", you are playing into their hands!

by Anonymousreply 10May 23, 2023 9:49 AM

I don't know if the link below will work, but Heather Cox Richardson made this list of 500 the opening of her daily missive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 23, 2023 9:53 AM

also I may add, even though Trump didn't ask for it, he will be glad to take the credit here, another aspect Kremin probably is betting on. They published this list, everyone is doing their part. You can laugh this stupid list is meaningless, but it's not stupid, it's their game and it worked.

by Anonymousreply 12May 23, 2023 10:12 AM

I heard about this yesterday morning while watching Morning Joe when he joked that he, Rachel and Obama were on the list but somehow Mika wasn't.

It's such a childish, idiotic list put together by morons.

I don't know what's the point of it other than bragging rights for those mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 13May 23, 2023 10:25 AM

[quote]R10: that's exactly Kremlin wants to you think here, because Trump did that in the past, they put those names on the list now, "of course at Trump's request", you are playing into their hands!

Why are you working so hard to give Trump the benefit of the doubt?

by Anonymousreply 14May 23, 2023 10:39 AM

Oh, no collusion at all!

by Anonymousreply 15May 23, 2023 11:05 AM

R14 the benefit of the doubt? No, actually I said it very clear here, Trump didn't ask for it but he will be happy to take the credit here, I am just amazed how easy for people to fall for this. You think releasing a high profile sanction list against Trump's critics with help Trump in some way? No, the list is completely meaningless, but they are hoping you guys will be bickering at each other and now you are!

by Anonymousreply 16May 23, 2023 12:25 PM

R16 God, you are stupid. Russians are stupid too so you understand each other, of course. Let me make this clear to you: in the US, in the swing states like PA, AZ, GA, MI, this is perfect to get people to vote against Trump. But both you and the Russians are stupid so why am I kidding myself...

by Anonymousreply 17May 23, 2023 12:30 PM

[quote]R16: No, the list is completely meaningless, but they are hoping you guys will be bickering at each other and now you are!

No, babe - the only one bickering here is you, in defense of Trump.

Tragic.

by Anonymousreply 18May 23, 2023 12:31 PM

Exactly - I mean, in the midterms, states like AZ, GA, MI, PA decisively voted against election deniers. The people the Russians have sanctioned include people who were trying to overturn U.S. democracy. I really don't think this is a winning message at all.

by Anonymousreply 19May 23, 2023 12:34 PM

R18 it's tragic you can't' see through this, and I am not defending Trump, I am not a fan, but I will say this, Kremin is really good!

by Anonymousreply 20May 23, 2023 12:34 PM

Who's bickering over this? No one but MAGAts think Russia is anything but a total shithole. MAGAts don't realize this because most of them also live in total shitholes.

The only people this ban would hurt are people like the Republican senators who visited there a couple of Julys ago. Personally, I hope THEY aren't banned, to the contrary, I'd rather they go back and stay there.

by Anonymousreply 21May 23, 2023 12:35 PM

R20 No, they aren't. In fact, almost comically bad at what they do.

by Anonymousreply 22May 23, 2023 12:35 PM

well this thread proves one thing, you guys are indeed fighting each other over a sanction list released by Russia.

by Anonymousreply 23May 23, 2023 12:39 PM

[quote]R19: The people the Russians have sanctioned include people who were trying to overturn U.S. democracy.

No, the Republicans on their list are people who got on the wrong side of Trump. It is still quite in line with the goal of Trump support.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 23, 2023 12:42 PM

[quote]R20: but I will say this, Kremin is really good!

▲ Where Moose and Squirrel?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 23, 2023 12:45 PM

[quote]No, the Republicans on their list are people who got on the wrong side of Trump. It is still quite in line with the goal of Trump support.

Why are you arguing with that when it's the same thing?

by Anonymousreply 26May 23, 2023 12:49 PM

Trump's ultimate goal is to end U.S. democracy and install himself as a dictator. Anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid. Like Poisoned Dragon.

by Anonymousreply 27May 23, 2023 12:52 PM

I've had the Trump Defender here blocked for a very long time.

He has a lengthy history of pro-Trump/MAGA/anti-Biden posts.

by Anonymousreply 28May 23, 2023 12:55 PM

[quote]R27: Trump's ultimate goal is to end U.S. democracy and install himself as a dictator. Anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid. Like Poisoned Dragon.

PosionedDragon doesn't think otherwise. It's the Russian trolls on this thread defending Trump.

by Anonymousreply 29May 23, 2023 12:55 PM

Ah, I see. R27 is the same poster who barrelled into the 'For Theology Nerds Only' trying to insist I was a Christian. Still selling the same schtick.

by Anonymousreply 30May 23, 2023 12:58 PM

R30 That actually makes it even worse. Christ, you really are dumber than a box of rocks.

by Anonymousreply 31May 23, 2023 1:01 PM

▲ M. Anscher sock.

by Anonymousreply 32May 23, 2023 1:08 PM

Absolutely no clue who M. Anscher is. Again, just more evidence of how stupid you are.

by Anonymousreply 33May 23, 2023 1:12 PM

[quote]R33: Absolutely no clue who M. Anscher is. Again, just more evidence of how stupid you are.

The only one on DL who insists he's never heard of Anscher is always Anscher himself, socking.

Calling others stupid is the only trick in his book.

[quote]Reply 62: Because Christ Mythicism doesn't even really exist. Lol. You're just trying to fake things.

(Presents him with link)

[quote]Reply 66: Bluntly, that doesn't convince me at all. How come you didn't explain to me how um, Christ Mythicism er.... er.... exists? Oh... Dear!!!!!

Did you ever figure out what the Christ Myth is?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 23, 2023 1:19 PM

[quote]The only one on DL who insists he's never heard of Anscher is always Anscher himself, socking.

Proving how dumb you are again because I am not Anscher and have never heard of Anscher. FFS.

by Anonymousreply 35May 23, 2023 1:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 23, 2023 1:23 PM

Trump is a Russian asset.

He didn’t win the presidency. He staged a coup.

He then committed the atrocity of separating immigrant children from their families at the border. How many were lost? We all know that they suffered horrifically.

Trump enabled countless Covid deaths. He was doing our enemy’s work for them.

We are in WW3.

Grassroots activism is dead. The elite own everything. Even our once gay institutions.

T ideology is a massive doomsday cult.

Tik tok inspires children to harm themselves.

Everybody thinks they’ve got a shot at being Kardashian rich. They don’t.

by Anonymousreply 37May 23, 2023 1:28 PM

R37, your first four propositions are true. But the next five are right wing / Russian propaganda.

Unsurprising, since on the '𝐋𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐩 𝐨𝐟 𝐧𝐞𝐨-𝐧𝐚𝐳𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐒 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐥 𝐁𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲 ' thread, at Reply 25, you said, "Antifa only picks on those weaker than them… ".

What are you, an Andy Ngô sock?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 23, 2023 1:36 PM

Oh, hey, stalker. 👋

R38, you should know that I’ve been out since the early 1990s & have marched in several Gay Parades, including in SF, NYC & DC.

You should also know that my late mother was a feminist activist in the 1970s & 1980s.

You need to step outside your bubble & see how much antifa has harassed & bullied women for simply speaking up for their own rights.

You’re obviously resourceful & have plenty of time on your hands.

Educate yourself. Here’s a good start:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 23, 2023 1:57 PM

[quote]an Andy Ngô sock?

Low intelligence moron.

by Anonymousreply 40May 23, 2023 2:02 PM

No thanks, R39. I have no interest in a 𝑑𝑒𝑧𝑖𝑛𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑠𝑖𝑦𝑎 source devoted almost entirely to anti-trans propaganda.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 23, 2023 2:06 PM

Gonna go out on a limb here and say MTG, Boebert, Jordan, Gaetz, Cruz, Scalise, etc, etc are NOT on the list.

by Anonymousreply 42May 23, 2023 2:11 PM

Ok, r41, stay in your bubble with your mind closed.

We are in the midst of an atrocity…one that you are enabling.

But you prefer to both stalk & ignore an actual lifelong homosexual who has literally been on the front lines of gay rights all his life.

You can’t even read a website that documents the terrorism committed against women & children by perverted men in womanface.

Being anti-trans is like being anti-Santa Claus. Or anti-unicorns. It’s nonsensical.

Gender only exists in our imaginations. There is no such thing as a gendered soul. “Transwomen” are actually men. They do not belong in women’s prisons or athletics.

You’re a male supremacist. Betraying women, children & homosexuals for the patriarchy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 23, 2023 2:23 PM

▲ Okay, now you're sounding more like Anscher.

That site doesn't "document" anything. I kind of doubt that the list of people who run it are even real. It comes across as a 100% online propaganda fabrication.

by Anonymousreply 44May 23, 2023 2:28 PM

R44 Who the fuck is this 'Anscher'? You sound stupid whenever you assume any of us are this 'Anscher'.

by Anonymousreply 45May 23, 2023 2:30 PM

Hmm. Perhaps you’re not real, r44.

You trust “Vanity Fair” over everyday women trying to protect their rights.

It would be funny if it weren’t so tragic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 23, 2023 2:37 PM

The meme more aptly applies to your claims, R46.

by Anonymousreply 47May 23, 2023 2:42 PM

[quote]The Kremlin's sanctions may have stemmed from America's decision not to give visas to media traveling with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov to the United Nations last month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 23, 2023 2:51 PM

No, r47. You’re the one who can’t tolerate T ideology being challenged.

Any man who claims he’s a woman is a liar.

You are defending liars who want to terrorize women.

You’re insane.

by Anonymousreply 49May 23, 2023 2:59 PM

Buzz off, Matt.

This thread is about Russia sanctioning US citizens perceived to be Trump's enemies.

by Anonymousreply 50May 23, 2023 3:02 PM

Reduxx.info is an alt-right sponsored anti-trans (but also anti-gay) site

by Anonymousreply 51May 23, 2023 6:55 PM

I mean that site is obsessed with gay men being "pedophiles" and "groomers". And some right wing troll comes to link *that* here??

by Anonymousreply 52May 23, 2023 6:57 PM

What a devastating move by Russia. I'm sure all those people on that list must just be worried sick right now about having all their Russian accounts and assets frozen!

How ever will they pay the rent on their Black Sea villa now? Or the dacha im Irkutsk?

by Anonymousreply 53May 23, 2023 7:00 PM

He's got a lot of people he's mad at. smh.

by Anonymousreply 54May 23, 2023 7:28 PM

[quote] Any man who claims he’s a woman is a liar.

And the Russia thread is exactly where a troll like you belongs

by Anonymousreply 55May 23, 2023 8:13 PM

r55

by Anonymousreply 56May 23, 2023 8:47 PM

What kind of sanctions are they talking about? I can't fathom that Brad Raffensperger has any money in any Russian banks, or owns a dacha on the Volga River they can take from him.

by Anonymousreply 57May 23, 2023 9:27 PM

R57 They're prohibited from entering Russia. The whole thing is a troll (Russia's speciality) as well as dangling in front of Trump that Putin is on his side. Trump winning in 2024 is what Putin would love because Dump is most likely to withdraw support from Ukraine, maybe even take the U.S. out of NATO.

by Anonymousreply 58May 23, 2023 11:43 PM

[quote] They're prohibited from entering Russia

Aww, I'm sure most of them are devastated.

by Anonymousreply 59May 24, 2023 12:30 PM

Historian Heather Cox Richardson is also on the list.

This thing is comical, as if Russia's 1% of the world economy has any rea =l effect on anyone.

by Anonymousreply 60May 24, 2023 12:54 PM

Could I see the actual list? I googled but couldn't find it/

by Anonymousreply 61May 24, 2023 1:01 PM

Bump. Where are you guys seeing the full list? Every link just gives us a few names. Why can't we see the entire list?

by Anonymousreply 62May 24, 2023 1:25 PM

R62 Too lazy to find it on Russia's official website? Yes, it's there.

by Anonymousreply 63May 24, 2023 1:31 PM

Apparently the list is on this site (posted by the NY TImes)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 24, 2023 1:33 PM

R63, it's not about being lazy, I just didn't know where to find it.

Thanks, R64, but that link didn't work for me, that's why I was asking if someone had another link. I keep getting this: "The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator."

And to the person who mentioned MTG, she was actually banned last year along with Matt Gaetz on the first ban list which included almost 1000 people.

by Anonymousreply 65May 24, 2023 1:36 PM

[quote]R65: And to the person who mentioned MTG, she was actually banned last year along with Matt Gaetz on the first ban list which included almost 1000 people.

MTG and Matt Gaetz were not singled out for sanctions, but were instead merely part of a total ban on US lawmakers, in tit-for-tat reciprocity for the US having banned the entire Russian parliament on March 24, 2022. (It became a matter of some note for many MAGAts, who thought the two should have been given a pass, since they had voted against US aid to Ukraine.)

I cannot link the article at The Independant, which Datalounge bans. The name of the article is '𝐑𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐂𝐚𝐰𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧, 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐣𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐨𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐔𝐤𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞.'

by Anonymousreply 66May 24, 2023 2:06 PM

I stand corrected, R66. I recalled reading it and found it odd they were banned. Thanks for reminding me of the context.

I still can't find the current list. Not a single article links to the full list.

by Anonymousreply 67May 24, 2023 2:15 PM

I found it, R67.

Most of the page is in Cyrillic, except for the names themselves. Google Translate says it cannot translate the page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 24, 2023 2:38 PM

I must be banned from looking at their site, R68, because I keep getting this "The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator." Does anyone else see that when clicking on R64 and R68?

Have I offended Putin?

by Anonymousreply 69May 24, 2023 2:41 PM

I found the link I posted at R68 in this article (a hyperlink labelled 'hundreds of names' in the text of the article).

See if you can access it that way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 24, 2023 2:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!