Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Andrew McCarthy working on a "Brat Pack documentary"

Demi Moore and Andrew McCarthy enjoyed a mini Brat Pack reunion at the weekend.

McCarthy, 60, shared a photo of him and Moore together on Instagram while praising his former costar and revealing he's working on a "Brat Pack documentary" about the group of '80s teen actors, which also included Rob Lowe, Molly Ringwald and Emilio Estevez.

"So great to see (for the first time in years and years) my St. Elmo's Fire co-star, the wondrous Demi Moore, and catch up for my Brat Pack documentary," McCarthy, 60, wrote alongside the photo of him and Moore which he juxtaposed with a photo from their 1985 film.

St. Elmo's Fire was McCarthy's big-screen debut, while it was one of Moore's first movies after she started out on General Hospital.

They both went on to star in several more of the era's iconic teen-focused movies, with McCarthy starring in Pretty in Pink (1986), Mannequin (1987) and Weekend at Bernie's (1989), while Moore led a series of '90s hits including Ghost (1990) and Indecent Proposal (1993).

While Moore continued on with her acting career, McCarthy moved behind the camera to direct episodes of shows like Gossip Girl, Orange is the New Black and The Blacklist.

He also pursued a career in journalism and has worked as both a writer and editor at National Geographic Traveler.

Earlier this month, McCarthy also released his fourth book, Walking with Sam, which chronicles the 500-mile trek he took through the Camino de Santiago with his son, Sam, two years ago.

Speaking to PEOPLE on May 3, he reflected on the journey with his son, whom he shares with ex-wife Carol Schneider, and called it "the best thing I've ever done twice."

"I'll remember it my whole life. I hope that he will, too. It's a thing that's hard to forget," McCarthy told PEOPLE. "I have to give a lot of credit to Sam for being willing to do that with his father."

He also opened up about his own acting days as he shared that Sam is keen to pursue acting in his own right after starring on Netflix's Dead to Me.

Though he said he never wanted Sam or his other children, Willow, 16, and Rowan, 9, whom he shares with his wife Dolores Rice, to take up "the family business," he said he understood the pull too.

"The Camino brings you home to yourself. And so if that's what [Sam] said to himself, then so be it. Acting saved my life when I was 15, so who am I to say what?" asks Andrew. "I was flailing around. And teenagers have to find something or else they get lost. It gave me a foothold in my life."

McCarthy has been open about his struggles with drugs and alcohol after his rise to fame in the Brat Pack — he entered rehab in 1992 and has been sober ever since.

Aside from pursuing a directing career and spending time as a journalist, the Pretty in Pink actor has also drawn on his own experiences to highlight the elusive world of the Brat Pack.

In 2020, he released his first memoir, Brat: An '80s Story, which explored the inner workings of his life in the days leading up to his iconic '80s roles, and the comedown that followed.

"I've carried the brat pack around with me all these years, I thought it was time I took a good look under that rock," he told PEOPLE in a statement at the time. "What I found surprised me."

In recent months, McCarthy has shared similar posts with other members of the Brat Pack, including two of his other St Elmo's Fire costars Lowe and Estevez — who he revealed he hadn't seen for "more than 30 years."

Despite this, he said his reunion with Estevez "felt like meeting a long-lost brother."

Lowe on the other hand was the first actor McCarthy met in Hollywood. It "felt like yesterday" to see him again, he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 25, 2023 6:52 AM

Wow, they both still look great.

Rob Lowe, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2023 2:08 AM

That’s the hottest I’ve seen McCarthy look since he was young. Total DILF.

Didn’t someone on here post about hooking up with him? West Village?

by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2023 2:10 AM

He looks fantastic…better than his younger, goofier look.

by Anonymousreply 3May 23, 2023 2:13 AM

Andrew McCarthy was in Class with Rob Lowe, two years prior to St. Elmo’s Fire.

by Anonymousreply 4May 23, 2023 2:13 AM

Looks like Demi's cheeks have finally settled.

by Anonymousreply 5May 23, 2023 2:26 AM

Andrew's son Sam is very cute.

He looks just like his dad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 23, 2023 2:34 AM

I want to read Andrew's book, "Walking With Sam."

He literally walked 500 miles (like the song!) across Spain, with his son.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 23, 2023 2:35 AM

I’ll watch it.

by Anonymousreply 8May 23, 2023 2:39 AM

He always looks like he has a mouthful of cum.

by Anonymousreply 9May 23, 2023 2:44 AM

Gee, I never thought he was overly attractive and I don't think he looks good there, either. He certainly looks like a McCarthy, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 10May 23, 2023 3:02 AM

That has to be a filter because Demi looks fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 11May 23, 2023 11:12 AM

I think McCarthy has aged really well and was sort of the dark horse of the group through the years. He would definitely turn my head even if he weren’t well known.

by Anonymousreply 12May 23, 2023 12:12 PM

Has he never used moisturizer?

by Anonymousreply 13May 23, 2023 12:28 PM

I always found him the hottest and he’s still looking good. I’d watch this

by Anonymousreply 14May 23, 2023 2:24 PM

Oh I'd love to see this. and Andrew is such a kind, down to earth dude.

by Anonymousreply 15May 23, 2023 2:48 PM

He looks better now. The weathered effect is kind of sexy on him.

by Anonymousreply 16May 23, 2023 2:56 PM

Nice weiner.

by Anonymousreply 17May 23, 2023 2:56 PM

I didn't realize his son Sam is also an actor.

He starred in Dead Again for about four years.

Is it worth watching?

by Anonymousreply 18May 23, 2023 3:01 PM

R7 Emilio made a movie about waking the Camino de Santiago de Compostela with Martin Sheen about a decade ago.

by Anonymousreply 19May 23, 2023 4:11 PM

I was confusing him with Andrew Shue, who was just cuckolded by TJ Holmes.

by Anonymousreply 20May 23, 2023 4:25 PM

As mentioned above, Andrew made his film debut in 1983 in "Class" which also starred Rob Lowe (in his second big screen role ever) and Jacqueline Bisset.

He also starred in 1985's "Heaven Help Us" also known as "Catholic Boys," also starring Kevin Dillon (Matt's brother, who went on to star in TV's Entourage).

The writer was very mistaken saying Andrew made his debut in "St Elmo's Fire."

by Anonymousreply 21May 23, 2023 4:51 PM

R21 Ok cool thanks for clarifying

by Anonymousreply 22May 23, 2023 4:54 PM

My DC boyfriend, back in the 80s, looked exactly like him. I always thought he was hawt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 23, 2023 8:32 PM

A reunion may be awkward with Molly Ringwald, as she has disavowed all her 1980's films.

by Anonymousreply 24May 23, 2023 8:40 PM

R24 For real??? I wasn't aware. Why?? Thought she was OK with it all in previous brat pack reunion interviews of past?

R21 "CLASS"!!!! oh my god I used to LOVE that movie. Its hardly ever acknowledged. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 25May 23, 2023 9:00 PM

I think he was good-looking in a super-bland way. Even his facial expressions are bland and non-committal.

by Anonymousreply 26May 23, 2023 9:16 PM

R26 probably why he aged so well.

by Anonymousreply 27May 23, 2023 10:39 PM

Did Andrew and his son skinnydip while on their Spanish hike?

by Anonymousreply 28May 23, 2023 10:46 PM

[quote] he aged so well.

R27 Oooookay

by Anonymousreply 29May 23, 2023 10:50 PM

I saw him in something a few years ago and thought he looked sickly. He looks better now. I was surprised he has a son (and yes, he's a handsome guy). I always liked Andrew's flirty smile. It was his "thing" and worked well for him.

by Anonymousreply 30May 23, 2023 10:59 PM

What kind of skank would cheat on Andrew Shue?

by Anonymousreply 31May 23, 2023 11:12 PM

Fuck off, Andrew/R31!

by Anonymousreply 32May 23, 2023 11:17 PM

R24 It's a bit strong to say she disavowed them, but she's talked about how she reevaluated her feelings about different aspects of her movies with John Hughes.

I think she'd gladly talk to Andrew McCarthy to talk about her take, and her complicated feelings about those films.

by Anonymousreply 33May 23, 2023 11:20 PM
by Anonymousreply 34May 24, 2023 8:27 AM

Did the Brat Packers generally get along /were any of them close friends in real life? Or were they very overtly competitive and a lot of rivalries and not really “friends”? I genuinely don’t know.

by Anonymousreply 35May 24, 2023 9:29 AM

At 59, I'm from that Brat Pack movie era, enjoyed the 80s films then, still watch them on occasion. Andrew McCarthy looks like a normal 60 yo man. I look forward to his documentary with much anticipation. :-)

by Anonymousreply 36May 24, 2023 10:19 AM

Glad he had something to fall back on since his acting at times was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 37May 25, 2023 4:36 AM

He had the balls to stand up to Shep. They were both hot!

by Anonymousreply 38May 25, 2023 6:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!