Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tim Scott Running for President

This one could be interesting…

Sen. Mike Rounds, R-S.D., criticized former President Donald Trump, saying lawmakers are looking for someone who can unite the party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 24, 2023 11:03 PM

Timmy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 20, 2023 10:47 AM

Scott is unmarried.[9] When entering public life at age 30, he said he was a virgin.

by Anonymousreply 2May 20, 2023 10:49 AM

He’s a nobody. Will anyone support him for president?

by Anonymousreply 3May 20, 2023 10:54 AM

Uh, Timmy, Republicans are already united. They support a con man and traitor, and when election time comes, even the ones who claim to hate Benedict Donald will vote for him, not a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 4May 20, 2023 11:00 AM

Mike Rounds made the statement, r4.

by Anonymousreply 5May 20, 2023 11:02 AM

You spin me right Round...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 20, 2023 11:14 AM

No blacks allowed!!

by Anonymousreply 7May 20, 2023 11:25 AM

That's not how they would put it, R7.

by Anonymousreply 8May 20, 2023 11:35 AM

He'll be a huge fave with the base!

But only because he knows where to find the fresh-baked cookies.

by Anonymousreply 9May 20, 2023 11:39 AM

Why is he criticizing Trump when he's wearing the same hairstyle?

by Anonymousreply 10May 20, 2023 12:36 PM

"Lawmakers...eyeing Tim Scott"

Probably because he's black. They are suspicious he will steal something.

by Anonymousreply 11May 20, 2023 12:46 PM

They're never gonna nominate anyone from that section of the Pantone Color Wheel.

by Anonymousreply 12May 20, 2023 1:34 PM

[quote]"... He’s finding a path forward that would unite, I think, Republicans and independents, which is what we need to gain back the White House,” Rounds told NBC News

This disingenuous Rounds character knows perfectly well that the Republican strategy since the Karl Rove days has been riling up the base, not winning over a coalition. They win through suppression and minoritarian tactics. This talk about uniting Republicans and independents is strictly PR.

They'll all cave when Trump gets going, just like they did before (except Romney).

by Anonymousreply 13May 20, 2023 2:28 PM

R12 It's house versus field and he's the trusted valet. Attitudes absorbed via osmosis

by Anonymousreply 14May 20, 2023 2:36 PM

Trump/Boy in '24.

by Anonymousreply 15May 20, 2023 5:14 PM

Trump will imply Scott is gay. Wait and see ...

by Anonymousreply 16May 20, 2023 5:45 PM

Bless his heart.

Tim Scott is going nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 17May 20, 2023 8:24 PM

Gayface is real! See R1's photo for the textbook example.

by Anonymousreply 18May 20, 2023 8:27 PM

He is gay. Why doesn’t a reporter ask him about that?

by Anonymousreply 19May 20, 2023 9:42 PM

He's gummy

by Anonymousreply 20May 20, 2023 9:45 PM

I don't like his high gum line.

by Anonymousreply 21May 20, 2023 9:46 PM

Do they not realize that half of their base now are literal klansman? Lol, what a mess.

by Anonymousreply 22May 20, 2023 9:47 PM

Trump will eat him alive. Plus no Maga is going to support a Black President. I live in NH, Trump is already airing ads going after Ronnie and they are brutal.

by Anonymousreply 23May 20, 2023 9:53 PM

I love you, R23.

by Anonymousreply 24May 20, 2023 11:39 PM

So we've got Rhonda, this Kween, Nimrod Haley, big fat Christie. What other losers can the GOP drag out for this clown show?

by Anonymousreply 25May 21, 2023 12:38 AM

Their best and brightest, r25!

by Anonymousreply 26May 21, 2023 1:10 AM

Another unmarried republican US Senator from South Carolina?

by Anonymousreply 27May 21, 2023 2:32 AM

^^ Something wrong with being a 100 percent heterosexual bachelor?

by Anonymousreply 28May 21, 2023 2:35 AM

That shvartze is an Uncle Tom.

by Anonymousreply 29May 21, 2023 2:53 AM

[quote] They'll all cave when Trump gets going, just like they did before (except Romney).

Exactly. It's 2016 all over again. The GOP establishment may not want Trump to be the nominee, but they don't have anyone else to unite behind. Trump will mercilessly mock all the other contenders, the base will eat it up, the media will focus all their attention on Trump, and the other candidates will be too afraid of Trump and his supporters to fight back.

by Anonymousreply 30May 21, 2023 3:23 AM

[quote] Plus no Maga is going to support a Black President.

Of course they would. They would also happily accept Trump having a black running mate. Black Republicans have a lot of support in the GOP. They just have to toe the line.

by Anonymousreply 31May 21, 2023 4:16 AM

I love watching a black white-supremacist tap dance around tough topics like he was a Nicholas Brother.

His answer to, would he support a national abortion ban was a psychotic babble of Trumpian word salad. You could actually hear the stomp-shuffle-ball chain in action. .

by Anonymousreply 32May 21, 2023 4:30 AM

[quote]He is gay. Why doesn’t a reporter ask him about that?

The same way they avoid the Lindsey Graham issue.

by Anonymousreply 33May 21, 2023 8:36 AM

I know white Southerners who supported Herman Cain big time. Hershel Walker got white GOP votes as obviously this guy did in SC. People saying all white GOPs are completely racist to the point where they won’t vote for a Black person are simplifying things. Are they racist by higher standards, usually yes. They overlook Trump’s racism. Are there old fashioned racists in the GOP? Yes, but it’s more complicated. There are white GOPers who would support this guy. I sometimes suspect more in the South than in places like Long Island. But he’s too obviously gay to get elected.

by Anonymousreply 34May 21, 2023 8:47 AM

And not because he’s an “Uncle Tom” but because his stated values and policies align with theirs. The biggest one being “self reliance” and boot strapism. The second being lower taxes. I’m from the South, I know those people.

by Anonymousreply 35May 21, 2023 8:50 AM

[quote]The biggest one being “self reliance” and boot strapism. The second being lower taxes.

I.e. the superrich don't have to pay taxes and the 99.9% should pull themselves up by their own bootstraps. Today's conservatism.

by Anonymousreply 36May 21, 2023 11:42 AM

Actually I have heard those values expressed by decidedly middle class Southerners, R36. I’m not defending them, just giving a description. My experience with many white liberals is that they live in a bubble and have simplistic stereotypical descriptions, like the ones I see here, of those that they disagree with and don’t understand.

by Anonymousreply 37May 21, 2023 11:55 AM

Yes, middle class conservatives have long been voting for tax cuts for the superrich and policies that increasingly strain their own finances. I don't see the need for your ad hominem about "living in a bubble," R37; I doubt that most here would disagree that Scott's *stated* values align with those of many or most middle class Southerners, but let's not pretend that those values are more than window dressing or that the Republican politicians *and* voters who espouse them aren't being hypocritical.

by Anonymousreply 38May 21, 2023 12:19 PM

He’s shit. He just says the standard GOP talking points. What would distinguish him from every other candidate??

Ever Senator thinks he’s Obama material

by Anonymousreply 39May 21, 2023 12:25 PM

I believe Mother Pence's spouse is in the mix, R25?

by Anonymousreply 40May 21, 2023 7:01 PM

He's the woke GOP candidate!!

by Anonymousreply 41May 21, 2023 7:09 PM

He's a nice heterosexualist boy who loves his mother!

by Anonymousreply 42May 22, 2023 3:57 PM

[quote] Trump will imply Scott is gay. Wait and see ...

Trump had a congratulatory message for Tim Scott -- the kiss of death. He will help Scott run competitively with DeSantis and the other white candidates because he believes that Scott can wipe some of them off the map. In the end, he knows that the MAGAts will never go for a Black man.

by Anonymousreply 43May 22, 2023 4:20 PM

[quote] My experience with many white liberals is that they live in a bubble and have simplistic stereotypical descriptions, like the ones I see here, of those that they disagree with and don’t understand.

My experience with most white conservatives is that they live in a bubble and are wilfully blind to systemic and acute injustice as long as it continues to support their desired way of life. Past injustices are either non-existent or justifiable but either way it is not an "excuse" for why they have been able to accrue wealth (maybe intergenerational wealth) and opportunity. "Privilege" doesn't exist even though they steadfastly believe their whiteness, promixity to whiteness, or fealty to whiteness, entitles them to more of everything than non-whites or poors.

Tim Scott will never challenge that sense of entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 44May 22, 2023 4:36 PM

His policy positions are extreme Right, Christian-nationalist. I also find him personally appealing - not sexually, but he is skilled to put forward a likeable image, his speaking styler effective - not surprising he's very popular with Senate colleagues.

But Trump will not bash him nor try to make him be Gay Tim ... I think Trump would want Scott, more than Haley, to be his VP.

by Anonymousreply 45May 22, 2023 4:46 PM

Tim Scott reminds me of Beetlejuice from the Howard Stern’s Show’s Wack Pack; he looks like he could be Beetlejuice’s younger, taller brother.

by Anonymousreply 46May 22, 2023 5:01 PM

[quote] But Trump will not bash him nor try to make him be Gay Tim ... I think Trump would want Scott, more than Haley, to be his VP.

Scott is too principled to be Trump's VP...and that is faint praise.

by Anonymousreply 47May 22, 2023 5:33 PM

R47 So you think Scott, who is smart, thinks he actually has a chance?

by Anonymousreply 48May 22, 2023 5:37 PM

Also, if Trump loses again, the Veep pick would have a rough time distancing themself to run later.

by Anonymousreply 49May 22, 2023 5:39 PM

They want me for brain! Y'all just haters!

by Anonymousreply 50May 22, 2023 5:50 PM

She’s colored!

by Anonymousreply 51May 22, 2023 9:14 PM

Yeah, I can see a Trump/Scott ticket forming.

by Anonymousreply 52May 22, 2023 9:22 PM

Who will be first lady? Is Miss Lindsey too old? Tom Cotton? Josh Hawley? John Thune?

by Anonymousreply 53May 22, 2023 9:26 PM

He like sucking cock

by Anonymousreply 54May 23, 2023 1:29 AM

R52 Trump's reported comment on him today was positive: "I wish him good luck"

I can see states where Scott might pull enough votes away from the weird governor from FL to enable Trump to win. Even the FL primary, right? I think there may have been discussions between Trump and Scott already.

by Anonymousreply 55May 23, 2023 1:58 AM

The white women on The View love him; the black women not so much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 23, 2023 2:29 AM

He's gay, right? Won't make it beyond this year with the opposition research available. Thank God.

by Anonymousreply 57May 23, 2023 2:32 AM

Somebody named Alyssa Farah Griffin in R56's clip straight up lied and said Tim Scott was the first black Republican senator, as if Reconstruction—when black Republicans Senators represented a party that believed in civil rights—never happened.

by Anonymousreply 58May 23, 2023 2:39 AM

R58 Not to mention Sen. Edward Brooke III.

by Anonymousreply 59May 23, 2023 3:47 AM

How did South Carolina end up with 2 gay Republican Senators?

by Anonymousreply 60May 23, 2023 7:57 AM

R60, the senior senator explains.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 23, 2023 11:31 AM

[quote] [R47] So you think Scott, who is smart, thinks he actually has a chance?

No. But if he can best the other lower tier challengers and stay in the race with DeSantis and Trump his profile goes up. DeSantis has an even bigger, more apparent racism problem than Trump (hard to imagine). The RNC wants a Black candidate in the race. I think Scott can be used to undermine DeSantis and get Trump through. Then Scott can spend the rest of his life on corporate and foundation boards, make millions and never have to work again.

by Anonymousreply 62May 23, 2023 4:48 PM

I only watched a couple of minutes of his speech yesterday on MSNBC before turning it off, but I think Tim Scott is another lame attempt by Republicans to try and pull back in the suburban women voters. He was going on and on about his mother and how he was a poor black sharecropper or some such shit. Oh please, the 1/6 insurrectionists were flying Confederate flags at the Capitol. Who are they kidding?

by Anonymousreply 63May 23, 2023 6:18 PM

From Crazy Days and Nights website... This already announced candidate for the A++ list job must know that his really really big secret is known to everyone he is opposing in the race. If he starts getting any momentum (he probably won't), they will just release it and crush his world. I'm not sure why he would risk that.

by Anonymousreply 64May 23, 2023 7:49 PM

Every Senator thinks he's the next Obama

by Anonymousreply 65May 23, 2023 7:50 PM

[quote] Somebody named Alyssa Farah Griffin in [R56]'s clip straight up lied and said Tim Scott was the first black Republican senator, as if Reconstruction—when black Republicans Senators represented a party that believed in civil rights—never happened.

She didn't lie. She just is too ignorant to know American history.

by Anonymousreply 66May 23, 2023 7:51 PM

See also R59

by Anonymousreply 67May 24, 2023 12:05 AM

He looks straight out of Central Casting.

by Anonymousreply 68May 24, 2023 1:53 AM

As David Pakman said yesterday, Tim Scott is very right wing. He thinks that religion, particularly the Christian religion, should predominate in public life, and doesn't seem to care about the separation between Church and State:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 24, 2023 7:22 AM

Sounds like our NYC mayor, R69.

by Anonymousreply 70May 24, 2023 5:54 PM

He’s like another candidate without a constituency. The MAGAs are never going to vote for a black person.

Trump isn’t going to share a ticket with someone he wouldn’t even share a bathroom with.

by Anonymousreply 71May 24, 2023 6:21 PM

Again, I remind you all, Trump is not going to have a running mate who upstages him in media coverage. They already had Palin, so a woman isn't "news" but a colored R veep candidate? Too much alternative focus away from a Narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 72May 24, 2023 11:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!