Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Port Charles: I Got Plenty o' Nuttin

And that'll have to be plenty enough!

Old thread locked up unexpectedly and I wanted to get something in while I could still post, so forgive my lack of preparedness and carry on as only you can do, my fair Chuckleheads!

Old thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600September 8, 2023 1:38 PM

Can you really not afford $1.99? Why do we have to have all these duplicate threads?

by Anonymousreply 1May 17, 2023 1:22 AM

I already miss Jackie Z! (She came from my hometown.)

by Anonymousreply 2May 17, 2023 2:06 AM

We run an egalitarian establishment here, R1. You can start a thread for elites only on Manvox. 😉

by Anonymousreply 3May 17, 2023 2:09 AM

Vee who is in the biz is planning Bobbie’s funeral. Dumb Dylan who has the scoop is co-HW. Vee is in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 4May 17, 2023 2:23 AM

I posted this in the Jackie Zeman is Dead thread but will repeat here:

The production assistant on Monday who was briefing Sasha at Home and Hearth was played by Genie's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 5May 17, 2023 2:33 AM

That crackpot Kin Shriner has posted yet again that he’s gone from GH for good. Doesn’t he do this a few times a year? I think he smokes a little too much whacky tobackey.

by Anonymousreply 6May 17, 2023 7:26 AM

Nuttin's plenty for me.

For the offspring of 2 very attractive TV stars, Genie's daughter was able to portray a lowly PA surprisingly well

by Anonymousreply 7May 17, 2023 1:34 PM

Haley Pulos got a DUI. Swerved into oncoming traffic, Tequila and edibles in vehicle. Combative with police and hospital staff, had to be sedated. Major injuries to other party. She issued lighthearted statement and says she will be back. I know it was announced she was being temporarily recast and now we know why. Wonder if she will be back at all. Where does FV draw the line?

Info on Daily Mail.

by Anonymousreply 8May 17, 2023 2:12 PM

This seems a lot more than just showing up for work hungover and is now in Tyler Christopher territory. Hope she gets help, but the show could recast Molly tomorrow and few would notice.

by Anonymousreply 9May 17, 2023 3:30 PM

R8 Yeah lol she downplayed it as she was in a "minor car accident" when the temp recast, Holiday Mia Kriegel was announced. She's absolutely nothing like her character, she's been wild for years lol likable girl, just not anything like Molly, at all. Actually, Frank likes any kind of publicity, good or bad, and has let problematic actors continue to stay on at OLTL and GH, only when it got completely out of hand- in other words, when it came down to Frank being in trouble for enabling it, then that's when he draws the line. Frank deals with drama a lot, just as long as it doesn't directly involve him, he's fine.

by Anonymousreply 10May 17, 2023 4:17 PM

So apparently, none of the current writers on GH, including Chris, Dan and those under them, are eligible to continue writing without losing their WGA Union benefits. Unless they're willing to lose out on them, an entirely new group of writers are required, which could very well include former OLTL writers. Although Dena Higley was fired by Frank in favor of Ron at OLTL, back in 2007 (she also wrote for DOOL) her name is rumored. Gary Tomlin, who worked for Frank at OLTL and took over when Ron went out striking in 2007/2008, and is still working for him now as a director at GH, is also at risk of losing out on benefits if he were to hw. Therefore, it would have to be someone who's far removed from the Union (like Dena, or other past soap writers) or someone new entirely, who isn't interested in ever joining the Union. It's just a rumor, hopefully it isn't true since Dena is pretty bad lol and as for Ron over at DOOL, he's already striking and has been out there since "day one" so their temp writers are already in place and have already started. They have two writers on their team who aren't associated with the Union, so they might use them, for those if you who watch DOOL. I'm hoping the Dena rumor is fanfiction lol

by Anonymousreply 11May 17, 2023 4:29 PM

*For those of you who watch DOOL lol sorry rushing while working as well

by Anonymousreply 12May 17, 2023 4:30 PM

"Plenty O Nuttin" 😆

by Anonymousreply 13May 17, 2023 4:31 PM

Haley sounds nauseatingly entitled and annoying. She's only recurring, so just ♪Let her go..♪

by Anonymousreply 14May 17, 2023 4:54 PM

R14 Lol Frank likes her, and she's a fan favorite. However, she's not up there with him on a Kirsten Storms type level lol so he'd more than likely let her go before Kirsten. Temp Molly also has a following on sm even though that doesn't necessarily mean it'll turn into more viewers, it can't hurt.

by Anonymousreply 15May 17, 2023 5:05 PM

Has Cameron Matheson had a face lift?

His face looked different on Monday's show? More youthful and refreshed.

by Anonymousreply 16May 17, 2023 5:07 PM

Kin Shriner says they're writing out Scotty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 17, 2023 5:08 PM

How are we supposed to know when to believe Kin? He's cried wolf about being sacked more times than I have fingers and toes. He was on Mo's show a while ago and said he has OCD and has to check his Vespa dozens of times after he parks it. Is this repeating of the being sacked story part of his OCD? Repeats it again and again....

by Anonymousreply 18May 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Those temp writers must all be non union r11 because the writers guild has said that they intend to go after writers crossing the picket line with legally enforceable actions.

by Anonymousreply 19May 17, 2023 5:18 PM

I think Kin is being coy to stir things up again. He's probably going on a temporary hiatus while he and Cody go off to pursue recovery of the Ice Princess from the wreckage area. There's not much else for him to do right now since he and Liesl are in a cooling off period.

by Anonymousreply 20May 17, 2023 5:39 PM

R11 That's what I said in the previous thread, the rules are more strict this time so unless you're non-union, they'd have to be prepared to lose our in benefits or their union status if they choose to continue writing. Even Gary Tomlin nor Frank can even write without running the risk of losing out on their benefits too. That's why it would either have to be writers not in the union, or writers who don't care about joining. I don't see any who are already in that feel it would be worth losing their benefits or being subjected to legal action, so a writer can choose to write if they are union, it just isn't worth it in the long run

by Anonymousreply 21May 17, 2023 5:39 PM

*Be prepared to lose out on benefits

by Anonymousreply 22May 17, 2023 5:40 PM

*Since the other unions are standing in solidarity with the WGA, Frank and Gary are ineligible as well unless they want to lose our in their benefits also is what I meant smh

by Anonymousreply 23May 17, 2023 5:41 PM

*Lose out on their benefits

by Anonymousreply 24May 17, 2023 5:46 PM

At R21 I meant that for R19 lol today's going pretty rough

by Anonymousreply 25May 17, 2023 5:48 PM

This is just me, but I think all the shows could use a couple of months "off" and what better excuse do they have than the writers' strike. I know that Days has an unfair advantage because they have so many episodes in the can and scripts waiting to be filmed. But, and I mean this with all the love in the world, GH could use a rest.

by Anonymousreply 26May 17, 2023 5:53 PM

[quote]This is just me, but I think all the shows could use a couple of months "off" and what better excuse do they have than the writers' strike. I know that Days has an unfair advantage because they have so many episodes in the can and scripts waiting to be filmed. But, and I mean this with all the love in the world, GH could use a rest.

They just had that couple of months off back in 2020 during the COVID shutdowns.

The bigger concern is that viewers will get out of the habit of watching if the shows aren't on every week. Therefore, the viewers may not come back if the shows take time off.

And the networks will still have to find something to fill that time slot. What if that replacement show gets higher ratings?

A lot is at risk if the soaps shutdown.

by Anonymousreply 27May 17, 2023 6:08 PM

The audience that's left came back after Covid. They will come back again. Show some best of shows. Real best of shows, not stuff from 2 years ago. And everything will be fine. Things like the introduction of Nicholas, BJ's heart, Liz's rape. That sort of thing. People will stick around.

by Anonymousreply 28May 17, 2023 6:22 PM

GH should do a time jump. Two years, maybe three. Endless possibilities. Flashbacks to explain how everything came to be.

by Anonymousreply 29May 17, 2023 6:27 PM

R26 Looks like the only rest that GH is getting is in their writer's department. The temp writers will probably change things around so who knows, you might end up liking it. Depending on how much they're able to alter, seeing how Frank and the network has final say over the stories. I think it'll be interesting to see a different take on what's going on right now, and how much interference the temp writers will have to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 30May 17, 2023 7:23 PM

GH is actually the only soap that is going to have an immediate change, for Josh Griffith and Bill Bell Jr. aren't expected to participate or step down in favor of striking. Ron stated that his episodes that are already written should air well until Christmas, so they won't see anything different this year. Also, if they didn't use temp writers, Peacock could just air classics or shelve them, however it looks like they're going the temp route. GH, on the other hand, should have temp writers in place now since they don't write too far ahead, well at least not as far ahead as DOOL, which is written about seven or eight months ahead of time.

by Anonymousreply 31May 17, 2023 7:31 PM

The delivery boy was lovely.

by Anonymousreply 32May 17, 2023 7:34 PM

At R31 meant Brad Bell 😆 the weekend can't come fast enough 😁

by Anonymousreply 33May 17, 2023 9:13 PM

That stupid cunt Haley Pulos is lucky she’s alive. Dumb bitch cunt. Has Nancy Lee Grahn commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 34May 18, 2023 12:40 AM

r33

I 10000% agree... I just realized that tomorrow is Thursday not Friday

by Anonymousreply 35May 18, 2023 12:41 AM

Nancy Lee Grahn flaps her choppers over everything. It would be hypocritical for her to not flap her gums over her tv daughter getting an embarassing dui.

by Anonymousreply 36May 18, 2023 1:25 AM

R35 Right 😆 I was like damn it's only Wednesday

by Anonymousreply 37May 18, 2023 2:44 AM

Well Haley made it to TMZ 😆 just like Steve Burton did when his wife's affair became public. Other than any sort of controversy, they rarely focus on soap stars, unless it's to ask about how long they've been on their shows, like they did with Maurice, then Susan Lucci before him, etc.

by Anonymousreply 38May 18, 2023 2:50 AM

Typical hypocrite NLG. She can fuck off now.

by Anonymousreply 39May 18, 2023 5:14 AM

Someone asked upthread if Cameron Matheson has had a face lift?

His face definitely looks different, but I think its just Botox injections.

What do others think?

by Anonymousreply 40May 18, 2023 7:35 AM

Certainly Botox. CM has worked for years to maintain a low body fat % but he's now at the age where that doesn't do his face any favors.

He should be all natural, like me.

by Anonymousreply 41May 18, 2023 11:30 AM

Cameron can sit on my face anytime he wants!

by Anonymousreply 42May 18, 2023 12:26 PM

[quote]Well Haley made it to TMZ 😆 just like Steve Burton did when his wife's affair became public.

And Tyler when he had the alcoholic-hitting-bottom episode that they termed "birthday fun" in 2019. TMZ got an earful from NLG over that.

by Anonymousreply 43May 18, 2023 1:09 PM

NLG can go fuck the fuck off. Hypocritical cunt.

by Anonymousreply 44May 18, 2023 1:52 PM

NLG will probably blame Trump for Haley's DUI.

by Anonymousreply 45May 18, 2023 7:27 PM

They need to drop the surrogacy storyline. It won't work with both sisters being recast. No one will be invested.

I'm underwhelmed by Holly actress and zero chemistry with Robert. The age difference is too pronounced now. Robert/Diane are a little better due to their banter but not much. At this point I only enjoy Robert when he's snarking at Anna and Valentin.

by Anonymousreply 46May 18, 2023 7:58 PM

R43 Oh you're right they did feature Tyler's alcoholism I had forgot about that, and yeah Nancy didn't hold back either lol she also had a lot to say about Ingo and his behavior, I think that TMZ covered him too, I can't recall if they did or didn't

by Anonymousreply 47May 18, 2023 8:03 PM

I'm liking Holly. She's quite refreshing. Adds a different dimension to the show.

I've always liked Holly and Robert together. But I think Robert and Diane have more chemistry. So, in this case, I'm Team Diane.

But I have no objection to Holly and Robert and Diane having a nice love triangle for a while.

Or perhaps Holly can move on and get into a rivalry for a man with Alexis. Gregory seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth since announcing he has ALS, so maybe a new man can come to town for Alexis and Holly to compete over.

by Anonymousreply 48May 18, 2023 8:10 PM

Glad it seems like TR is sticking with the show on a somewhat regular basis. But at this point, it obvious that he doesn't have the energy or interest in any romance storyline. He and Diane obviously enjoy working together with their easy banter, but keeping it platonic would probably be best for all involved.

by Anonymousreply 49May 18, 2023 9:01 PM

I'm curious to see if any of the couples we have now will be switched around under the temp writers.

by Anonymousreply 50May 19, 2023 12:39 AM

Then again, if Frank wants a certain couple then we all know how that goes, like how he shoehorned Michael with Nelle so what am I saying lol he'll override any changes he doesn't like.

by Anonymousreply 51May 19, 2023 12:48 AM

I wish they would have the dear, sweet social justice warrior character of Molly killed in a crash caused by an entitled, narcissistic drunk bitch who is more concerned about her $4oo shirt than she is about all the tragedy she has inflicted on others.

by Anonymousreply 52May 19, 2023 1:07 PM

The Molly character went downhill for me when she started having face work done. No more bright, cute, precocious nerd, just another trend chasing bimbo wannabe.

by Anonymousreply 53May 20, 2023 1:16 AM

Molly went downhill for me when...actually, the character was always pointless. Did Alexis really need a third kid, this one by her stupid pairing with Ric? It was almost as poorly considered as giving Sonny and Carly the spina bifida baby when those characters should have been finished generating new children. With anyone.

But Pullos is a classic example of a soap keeping a cute little kid in a role when she got older and became a so-so young-adult performer. They're not all going to be Jonathan Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 54May 20, 2023 8:29 AM

What will GH and Days do if the actors decide to go on strike? Would they attempt to recast the roles with non union actors?

by Anonymousreply 55May 20, 2023 8:45 AM

R54 Lol that's because they wanted to capitalize on Alexis/Ric's popularity by giving them a child together, while also giving Sonny another relative. They probably wouldn't have gave Sonny and Carly another baby had Morgan stayed on canvas; they wanted to make sure they had at least their own bio child together, while also honoring Donna Messina. Although it's not always as prevalent now, Molly is from that old school method of popular couples having at least one kid together. We all know Sam is the main Davis girl that gets attention lol Molly barely has any story, same goes for Kristina.

by Anonymousreply 56May 20, 2023 9:32 AM

R55 Good question. They can use non union actors, however the stakes are different this time, so any non union actors who cross the picket lines will face penalties for accepting work, just like the writers, so they might be hard pressed to find enough who are willing to be ostracized. What's being said is that SAG-AFTRA wants all unionized workers to stop working, with immediate walkouts, in a form of solidarity. They want to force Hollywood to shut down production since they're able to skate by for awhile without union writers, however not without any actors or directors, for that can cause stoppage as soon as possible, since they only have so many shows/movies already filmed. It would also mean that actors can't promote any upcoming projects in the event of a strike without being penalized.

SAG president Fran Drescher was out picketing with some of the writers and she pretty much stated that the actors demands aren't as detailed as what the writers want, so although she's in support of the writers, for she's one too, she thinks that they'll be able to reach negotiations fairly easier and without striking. Same for the DGA, who are already in negotiations with the studios. Supposedly, the studios are hoping to avert a SAG-AFTRA & DGA walkout, for it'll also give them somewhat more leverage over the writers, seeing how they could come to an agreement with the actors/directors without striking occurring, and not the writers.

by Anonymousreply 57May 20, 2023 9:45 AM

I wonder how would the union be able to punish non union actors r57. I've seen some actors especially those who do a lot of background and guest acting work say that they don't believe that Fran Drescher or her negotiators will get actors a fair deal especially them and the many other actors who aren't household names.

by Anonymousreply 58May 20, 2023 10:33 AM

R58 They're tactics include finding out who exactly will still take work in the event of a strike, and basically blacklisting from future projects, preventing them from signing with the union and/or keeping them from working with actors who don't cross the picket lines once they're done striking. I do see that happening, in regards to lesser known actors getting the short end of the stick, and I've seen similar instances as well of what you mentioned. I actually think the actors and the directors have a better chance of reaching a deal since their requirements aren't as extensive as the writers, which is pretty much what Fran Drescher alluded to. However, the writers are notoriously underpaid and are pretty much at the bottom of the Hollywood totem pole, so it stands to reason that the actors/directors can most likely get what they want in a more favorable fashion.

by Anonymousreply 59May 20, 2023 11:45 AM

Lol meant "Their tactics" smh

by Anonymousreply 60May 20, 2023 11:45 AM

Thanks r59.

by Anonymousreply 61May 20, 2023 12:09 PM

Shut General Hospital down. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 62May 20, 2023 12:15 PM

R61 YW. I think that it'll work out better for the actors and directors, preventing them from striking, jmo

by Anonymousreply 63May 20, 2023 12:27 PM

Vee, who’s in the biz, will not allow the actors to strike. Vee is in the biz you know.

by Anonymousreply 64May 20, 2023 2:08 PM

Vee who is in the biz will ghost write GH with Dumbass Dylan. Vee is in the biz, you know. The biz! You know!

by Anonymousreply 65May 20, 2023 2:10 PM

SAG-AFTRA wants to have a vote on authorizing a strike. That way if when they start negotiating their contract and there is a break down in negotiations, they already have the authorization to strike without having to vote on it. It will be one thing to have in their pocket entering negotiations.

by Anonymousreply 66May 20, 2023 2:38 PM

R66 Right that's similar to what happened with the Writer's Guild. So they have until June 7th to vote to authorize SAG members striking, then if a deal isn't reached by June 30th, they'll walk out in July. The DGA hasn't chosen to go that route yet, they're still working out negotiations.

by Anonymousreply 67May 20, 2023 3:40 PM

That cunt Strasser just can’t give up JFP. Robin forgets that she admitted on her hotline that she lied about JFP. And Robin publically apologized to JFP for lying. I’d call Robin out for this but she blocked me. Robin is a cunt. Mean woman.

by Anonymousreply 68May 21, 2023 7:46 PM

So, what was Jackie Zeman's true cause of death??? WTF is sudden cancer? Made up AF but automatically registers as non-disputed truth by mk'd braindeads naturally. The truth WILL surface!

by Anonymousreply 69May 22, 2023 1:33 AM

So apparently, a SAG strike won't affect soap operas, or daytime tv in general, for the most part, since they're protected. The WGA strike is what's affecting soaps and other forms of shows

by Anonymousreply 70May 22, 2023 6:52 AM

R69 Jackie Zeman had a procedure which resulted in death. It has happened before.

by Anonymousreply 71May 22, 2023 10:04 AM

So if there was a actors strike r70, You are saying that the soap actors who are apart of the actors union don't have to participate in the strike and can cross the picket line?

by Anonymousreply 72May 22, 2023 10:24 AM

The fat bitter twitter queens claim that Gary Tomlin is writing GH.

by Anonymousreply 73May 22, 2023 1:08 PM

Why would a SAG AFTRA strike not affect soap operas? Please explain.

by Anonymousreply 74May 22, 2023 5:02 PM

Yes, Nina! Put a ring on it!

And Dex in a bathhouse tomorrow, his natural habitat!

by Anonymousreply 75May 22, 2023 9:48 PM

[quote]And Dex in a bathhouse tomorrow, his natural habitat!

I can do things for him that teen tart Joss can only dream about!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 23, 2023 12:16 AM

R72 R74 Per SAG-AFTRA, certain programs that are protected by "The Network Code Agreement" are exempt from being penalized for crossing picket lines and are therefore not subjected to following standard unionized procedures. Daytime serials are protected under that code, so their actors aren't expected to participate in any striking.

Here's the direct quote from SAG-AFTRA, regarding who may or may not be affected in case of a walkout:

"What productions would be affected if SAG-AFTRA go on strike?"

"The affected productions include feature films, scripted dramatic television and scripted new media productions produced by AMPTP-represented employers and covered by the Codified Basic Agreement or Television Agreement.

Programs produced under the Network Code agreement would not be affected. This includes daytime serials, talk shows, game shows, variety shows, award shows, and other unscripted productions. Also unaffected are any productions that are not theatrical, new media or television-based in nature, such as commercials."

by Anonymousreply 77May 23, 2023 1:38 PM

I'm wondering if that's Kate Mansi making her debut as Kristina, who walks in on Dex in the bathhouse/sauna. It seems that they were flirting with Dex being Sonny's son, then once again they flipped the story and now they might not even know themselves who his parents are. Remember they were going to have Josslyn sleep with her teacher a few years ago then that storyline was scrapped, which was most likely a network mandated decision, since they're Disney lol

by Anonymousreply 78May 23, 2023 1:48 PM

Daytime actors WILL strike. Stop spreading untrue shit.

by Anonymousreply 79May 23, 2023 6:28 PM

Hamilton Finn IS Lloyd Dobler!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 23, 2023 8:28 PM

R79 Stop spreading shit you don't know anything about. It's explained clear as day on the SAG-AFTRA website. As a matter of fact, there was a SAG-AFTRA strike in 2000 that didn't effect any of the daytime actors at all, because there is a "Network Code Agreement" which can easily be looked up. Nothing I've ever "spread" on here wasn't the truth, so if you don't like anything I have to say, feel free to block, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 81May 23, 2023 10:35 PM

R79 IF any daytime actors strike us because they choose too in solidarity or out of support, they're not obligated to like film or primetime actors since they are exempt from their regulations. Try again 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 82May 23, 2023 10:37 PM

They should have filmed a full frontal version of the Dex/Spencer steam room scene for GH After Dark.

by Anonymousreply 83May 23, 2023 10:48 PM

They certainly had the right setup for it, R83. When Spencer first appeared (or should I say "morphed") he was all doe-eyed and soft of gaze as he emerged from the mist, full pouty lips, so receptive and full of promise, towel saucily draped and then.....[insert sad horn and flower wilting or balloon deflating gif]

by Anonymousreply 84May 24, 2023 1:30 AM

Does Dool no longer being on a network and now on a streaming service mean they are no longer apart of the Network Code Agreement.

by Anonymousreply 85May 24, 2023 2:00 AM

Thank you, Frank.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 24, 2023 2:20 AM

R85 That's a great question. They're still covered, for the deal was renewed in July 2022 and was agreed upon with the big four networks along with other productions outside of them, which includes programs that fit under that umbrella (soaps, talk shows, game shows, awards shows, variety shows, commercials and reality tv).

Also, DOOL was still on NBC when the deal was ratified, however, if the deal wasn't extended to other productions outside of network tv then that would be a possibility, in regards to striking, except it was extended to cover all programming that fits that mold, regardless of streaming. So DOOL actors are still covered under the Network Code Agreement along with the other soap actors.

by Anonymousreply 87May 24, 2023 3:32 AM

Oh, they broke out the steam room set again? But what fun is it without Brook Lynn in her blazer?

by Anonymousreply 88May 24, 2023 5:34 AM

LMAO R88

by Anonymousreply 89May 24, 2023 8:18 AM

R86, thanks for the photo, but I can't tell who is the top and who is the bottom. Spencer's got the body of a top but the personality of a bottom. With Dex, it's vice versa. And why's isn't the young cop in the scene?

by Anonymousreply 90May 24, 2023 11:33 AM

I realize I'm supposed to think Dex has the hotter body, but I much prefer Spencer's. Shame he seems to be prematurely aging in the hair/face (possibly from whatever supplements he's taking to swole up).

by Anonymousreply 91May 24, 2023 2:14 PM

I find Dex much more attractive, in body but especially in personality.

by Anonymousreply 92May 24, 2023 2:18 PM

I’m a Spencer guy but was really taken aback by how hot it was to see them half-dressed and sweaty together.

Of course the show is going to make them long-lost half brothers now.

by Anonymousreply 93May 24, 2023 2:32 PM

R93 🤔 oh wow you're probably right 😆 and Courtney did lose a baby by Jason, so it actually would make perfect sense, especially when Sonny finds out that Dex betrayed him, he'll want to kill him, only to find out that he's Jason's and Courtney's son, which will spare him. Then the whole Joss/Dex comparisons to Carly/Jason that the show hinted at would have more of an impact, and of course Carly will be thrilled that two of her best friends' child together survived. I don't remember if Courtney was expecting a boy or a girl, however they could easily explain that away like they do with practically everything else.

by Anonymousreply 94May 24, 2023 8:21 PM

First impressions:

I really like New Kristina. She’s giving me a Marisa Tomei vibe, which is excellent.

I’m underwhelmed by Temporary (New?) Molly.

by Anonymousreply 95May 25, 2023 8:26 PM

Happy 61st birthday, Genie!

by Anonymousreply 96May 26, 2023 4:25 PM

Temp Molly did a great job given that she just had a few hours to prepare for the role.

NuKristina seems to already be comfortable in the part. I guess that's because she worked on Days and knows how soaps operate.

by Anonymousreply 97May 30, 2023 2:22 AM

As seen on the walk of stars in Palm Springs.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98May 30, 2023 2:28 AM

Lady Geary is SEVENTY SIX years old today

by Anonymousreply 99May 30, 2023 2:28 AM

I want Nicholas Chavez to grind me into a fine paste.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 30, 2023 3:25 AM

Uncle Frank isn't tapping THAT. Too much muscle.

But he does look fine.

by Anonymousreply 101May 30, 2023 1:33 PM

The reading of the will was very anticlimactic. Why the buildup for that?

by Anonymousreply 102May 30, 2023 10:05 PM

Tyler fell off the wagon. He's back drinking again.

Was arrested for public intoxication at an airport in South Carolina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 31, 2023 5:29 PM

Link to separate thread discussing Tyler's arrest.

People are saying he looks like George Santos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104May 31, 2023 5:30 PM

So, I don't guess Frank is going to bring Tyler back to play Nikolas again.

by Anonymousreply 105June 2, 2023 12:36 AM

Nice of the younger actors to play along with this beef/cheesecake promo shoot in celebration of the Metro Court pool reopening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 2, 2023 5:13 PM

Hofer looks like the semi-successful recipient of a head transplant.

by Anonymousreply 107June 2, 2023 5:27 PM

Cookies are being smelled from three states over!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108June 2, 2023 7:45 PM

Poor Lipton is furiously doing push-ups before he has to come back for the summer.

by Anonymousreply 109June 2, 2023 10:04 PM

Kelly Monaco’s tits were certainly on prominent display today.

by Anonymousreply 110June 2, 2023 11:32 PM

Doesn't Joss get tired of those dog tags hitting her in the face when Dex fucks her missionary?

by Anonymousreply 111June 5, 2023 6:12 PM

R111, nope. Totally dickmatized.

by Anonymousreply 112June 5, 2023 7:21 PM

Dex still looks like they sewed his head on the wrong body.

by Anonymousreply 113June 5, 2023 7:23 PM

hmmm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114June 5, 2023 7:58 PM

Enough goddamn characters, Frank!

by Anonymousreply 115June 5, 2023 11:54 PM

I had no idea Jordan was such a ho.

by Anonymousreply 116June 6, 2023 7:00 PM

Suck it, Ingo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 7, 2023 1:02 AM

Your statement would have had such a different meaning 20 years ago, R117.

by Anonymousreply 118June 7, 2023 1:44 AM

True R118.

And back then, I would have gladly said yes if Ingo had asked me to blow him. But he lost all hotness long before he fell down that MAGA rabbit hole.

by Anonymousreply 119June 7, 2023 2:22 AM

R72 R74 R85 Updated information, so even though soap opera actors are covered under the "Network Code Agreement" that SAG-AFTRA agreed upon in July 2022, SAG-AFTRA wants all television productions shut down in the event of a strike, similar to how the WGA wants all union members and/or future union members to not participate in any writing activities at all, or else face being blacklisted by the WGA once they reach an agreement. Therefore, even though soap opera actors contracts aren't directly effected, as a form of solidarity, all SAG-AFTRA union members aren't expected to work in the event of a strike, so if a strike goes into effect as of July 1st, the soap operas are expected to be shut down and go dark.

by Anonymousreply 120June 8, 2023 2:08 PM

GH, Y&R and B&B usually tape about six-eight weeks ahead of schedule, so it wouldn't be until the end of August/early September before they would have to show reruns. This is only in the event of a SAG-AFTRA strike, for they voted on a strike authorization, however, if they can reach a deal by June 30th, there won't be an actors strike. Also, the soap actors don't necessarily have to strike, unless it's out of solidarity, since their deal is different under the Network Code Agreement, they aren't expected to work since production is set to be shut down to send a message from SAG-AFTRA that they don't want any of their actors working. DOOL is the only one that won't be directly impacted since they tape at least six months ahead of time, similarly to how they were the only soap to show new episodes are the height of COVID.

by Anonymousreply 121June 8, 2023 2:21 PM

R116 😆 well Zeke is 🔥however, Jordan did sleep with Shawn Butler and got pregnant by him while leading TJ's presumed father to believe that TJ was his son, then slept with TJ's presumed uncle Curtis lol so yeah she's been around the same block as several other soap characters. She really didn't have any room to talk regarding Portia's paternity issues with Trina seeing how she was in a similar situation (although there's rumors that Selina altered Trina's test so there's a possibility that Marcus could still be the father). Also, wasn't there some sort of overlap with her, Curtis and Andre iirc

by Anonymousreply 122June 8, 2023 4:00 PM

FV claims he has been storing scripts that would last for months. However, what the cast does is another matter.

by Anonymousreply 123June 8, 2023 4:31 PM

R123 Yeah that's what's being said, however it sort of sounds like that's a way for Frank and Gary Tomlin to "tweak" and add things here and there without being credited as writers, similarly to how there were "uncredited headwriters" before during a short period at OLTL. Granted Frank wasn't the EP then, yet that is a way for an EP and/or director to write without being credited. Frank is known to rewrite scripts anyway and with the (albeit brief) addition of Jackson Montgomery, that sounds like a Frank production lol so with these "stockpiling scripts" flashbacks and constantly repeated conversations are expected, and James Patrick Stuart is saying "less action sequences" and that they should be good "for at least five months" going off of the "stockpiled scripts."

by Anonymousreply 124June 8, 2023 5:19 PM

Michael and Carly’s job offer to Dex is for him to continue doing his normal job? What am I missing?

And based on how he was looking at her, Chase must have received notice on his phone that Nina was in the pool area when Ned had his fall. But why was that shown twice in two separate scenes?

by Anonymousreply 125June 12, 2023 9:36 PM

I find it interesting and commendable that both Finola and Cynthia have gotten divorces in the past couple of years and successfully kept it out the media.

by Anonymousreply 126June 15, 2023 5:05 PM

Could Lois be on her way back what with the resurrection of Eddie Maine?

Are Wally and Rena on better terms?

by Anonymousreply 127June 16, 2023 8:45 PM

Finola and Cynthia are both cunts!

by Anonymousreply 128June 16, 2023 8:54 PM

Cynthia is unanimously well liked.

I wonder if Finola is a covert scientologist. She's very close to Stafford. I don't use IG much anymore but when I did she would pop up promoting some unknown self-help type gurus and seminars which I suspected were cult courses. She went on about how much it "hurt" when talentless scrawny sciento recruiter Coloma got fired. She never even had any scenes with him.

SJB has been on twitter ranting about a director who sexually assaulted her. She is also suddenly promoting Kin and Coloma's silly 2 Dicks YT show that Mo's is also involved in. I bet Coloma will love bomb her and present sciento as the answer to her problems. These cults zero in on vulnerable people having problems. She's going to be on Mo's show again soon to talk about the problem with the director. Kin & Coloma also had Tyler Christopher on their show, another vulnerable one ripe for the cult's picking. What is Kin's deal? Why is hanging out with the likes of Coloma and his cult?

by Anonymousreply 129June 17, 2023 1:03 AM

Sarah Brown is a cunt. She’s one of those people who always has issues at every job. Every job. Everytime she has a job, she’s always mistreated. Gee Sarah, maybe YOU are the problem.

by Anonymousreply 130June 17, 2023 2:11 AM

To add to the FH being a $ecret $cio theory, her first leading role was opposite John Travolta in Staying Alive, maybe she had to get involved to get that part

by Anonymousreply 131June 18, 2023 4:17 PM

I think Finola actually has the blood disease as the character of Anna. Needs blood infusions, etc. I just can't imagine anyone with that kind of disease being a Scientologist?

by Anonymousreply 132June 18, 2023 4:30 PM

Will Eddie and Alexis revisit their Eddie's Angel days?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133June 18, 2023 4:36 PM

I think FH was looking unhealthy a while back and took extended time off because of her divorce not illness but I could be wrong.

Like any "religion" people justify their double standards to suit themselves. Kirstie Alley was receiving medical care at Moffit Cancer Center in FL when she died. All those nasty drugs they aren't supposed to take....

by Anonymousreply 134June 18, 2023 5:04 PM

R72 R74 R85 So apparently, SAG-AFTRA aren't able to have soap productions shut down, going back to my original point lol since they are a part of the Network Code Agreement, even though they were trying to have them off, as a form of solidarity, in case of an actors strike. The soap media was reporting that soap productions would be shut down, however they were going off of what SAG-AFTRA assumed that they would be able to do, which was to have everything shut down. That's not the case, for that would go against the Network Code Agreement, which contract isn't up for negotiation at this time. Nancy Lee Grahn verified that since she's under the NetCode, they will not be able to stop working, for the soap actors will still have to work, and in case they don't, and refuse to cross the picket lines, they will be in breach of contract and face the possibility of termination.

by Anonymousreply 135June 19, 2023 5:25 AM

Also, GH is going on a month-long taping hiatus in July. They usually go dark for around 2-3 weeks during the summer anyway.

by Anonymousreply 136June 19, 2023 6:04 AM

One can only hope that NLG refuses to cross the picket line and is terminated.

by Anonymousreply 137June 19, 2023 10:44 AM

Couldn't SAG-AFTRA and the WGA try to make it more difficult for the younger soap actors to get guest roles on prime time tv shows r135 as a form of retaliation?

by Anonymousreply 138June 19, 2023 5:00 PM

Excuse me, is Chad Duell considered hot ?

by Anonymousreply 139June 19, 2023 5:25 PM

R139 I’d LOVE to sample Chad Duell’s dick of death. Many many times.

by Anonymousreply 140June 19, 2023 6:36 PM

R138 Not for the younger actors who are already currently employed through soaps, since it's understood that they're under NetCode; it's understandable that they'll be in breach of contract and that they're obligation is separate from the primetime/film actors. Now if they choose to leave their soap roles in favor of striking, that could actually be shown as favoritism in the eyes of SAG-AFTRA and propel them to future roles in primetime/film, for going against the grain.

However, if there are current prime-time/film actors who decide to take on soap roles for income in lieu of striking, that could have an adverse affect on them having any future roles once their done striking, and out of retaliation, that could prevent them from being involved in any projects, since they would be seen as traitors who voluntarily crossed picket lines, in an effort to take on soap roles. The WGA still has a list of writers who went fi-core and refused to participate in striking, including the year they went fi-core; four of them went fi-core this year (three writers known for working in soaps, and one film writer) so SAG-AFTRA is also aware of any actors who are currently not in soap roles that would transition to soaps for income.

by Anonymousreply 141June 19, 2023 7:19 PM

That depends on who you ask r139. A number of people think that he doesn't have much chemistry with his character's female love interests/costars but did have chemistry with several male costars especially Harrison Chase played Josh Swickard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142June 19, 2023 7:21 PM

R138 Then there's still a possibility that the actors won't actually have to go out striking at all, if an agreement is reached by June 30th. However, if this strike moves forward, with the soaps having vacation time this summer, I'm pretty sure some soap actors will take the opportunity to strike on their days off/during their vacations when the studios are on break.

by Anonymousreply 143June 19, 2023 7:26 PM

They'll only get in trouble for striking if it's during scheduled work hours. It would gain favoritism with the unions if they strike along with them even though they're not obligated to.

by Anonymousreply 144June 19, 2023 7:29 PM

Why's it called a dick of death?

by Anonymousreply 145June 19, 2023 7:31 PM

I see Genie's vacation is coming up.

by Anonymousreply 146June 19, 2023 8:16 PM

[Why's it called a dick of death?]

Michael's girlfriends have a nasty habit of dying, and even IRL his relationships are notoriously short lived.

Oh, and DL folklore claims he's packing a hog.

by Anonymousreply 147June 19, 2023 8:45 PM

I wouldn't mind giving his hog a sniff

by Anonymousreply 148June 19, 2023 8:46 PM

Is Taggert going to be the new Police Commissioner?

by Anonymousreply 149June 19, 2023 8:53 PM

Taggert is BORING!!! And his attempt to act drunk the other day was laughable.

by Anonymousreply 150June 20, 2023 12:33 AM

Taggert still might be Trina's father, if Selina screwed with the tests, however with the whole Stella having a relative in town reveal they would have to explain how it couldn't be Trina

by Anonymousreply 151June 20, 2023 2:21 AM

R137 😆 oh wow I must've scrolled past this lol

by Anonymousreply 152June 20, 2023 2:22 AM

Anyone ever seen Duell's cock or bulge?

by Anonymousreply 153June 20, 2023 6:46 AM

R153 Well duh!

by Anonymousreply 154June 20, 2023 8:03 AM

R153 = Josh Swickard

by Anonymousreply 155June 20, 2023 12:53 PM

Post some Chad bulge pics please!

by Anonymousreply 156June 20, 2023 3:17 PM

Drew is so thirsty for prison dick.

by Anonymousreply 157June 20, 2023 7:10 PM

Who's Drew?

by Anonymousreply 158June 20, 2023 7:50 PM

Scout's dad, R158 .

by Anonymousreply 159June 20, 2023 7:53 PM

Who's this Michael Corinthians please? I got directed here from the DOOL thread as I commented he looked very hot

by Anonymousreply 160June 20, 2023 8:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161June 20, 2023 8:43 PM

Mmmm yummy. Looks a little tubby.

by Anonymousreply 162June 20, 2023 8:45 PM

Kristen Alderson said his dick is HUGE!

by Anonymousreply 163June 20, 2023 8:50 PM

I don't like CD's voice or his small, puckered anus mouth.

by Anonymousreply 164June 20, 2023 8:58 PM

If Laura goes to Chechnya and finds Peter's twin, I 'm done with this show.

by Anonymousreply 165June 21, 2023 7:39 PM

I am officially a Cody fan. He and Spinelli were fun busting Gladys.

by Anonymousreply 166June 22, 2023 1:15 AM

I like Cody better now that he lost the carb face.

by Anonymousreply 167June 22, 2023 1:19 AM

Speaking of Laura, what's up with the way she was all of the sudden lightheaded and ready to pass out in the hallway of GH today? Are whoever the baddies are trying to prevent her from going to Chechnya by slipping her a little something to knock her off her pins? If there really is a Peter's twin, as speculated by R165, he's probably DVX, too, as was Peter. Good chance they've got Stone Cold on ice as well as any number of other inconvenient and yet to be explained missing characters.

by Anonymousreply 168June 22, 2023 1:26 AM

r165 I hope not. Are there rumors that WR is returning?

by Anonymousreply 169June 22, 2023 2:50 AM

Laura said she had blood drawn and didn't wait the recommended time before getting up and moving around. Austin showed up in time to catch her and of course, recommends that she doesn't go to look for Nicholas because he knows Nick isn't there, and it's too dangerous for her to go to Chechnya. Soooo stupid!

by Anonymousreply 170June 22, 2023 4:01 AM

I want to see the Dick of Death!

by Anonymousreply 171June 22, 2023 6:56 AM

Let me know when the scab writers' material starts airing. I can't watch a minute of this hot garbage right now.

by Anonymousreply 172June 22, 2023 9:26 AM

When do Miss Valentini’s scab scripts air?

by Anonymousreply 173June 22, 2023 11:35 AM

Aren't the actor playing TJ and the OG Molly dating in real life? This must be ackward for him working all day with her replacement as she works her way through the legal system for her DUI

by Anonymousreply 174June 22, 2023 11:54 AM

I'm wondering if it was one of you guys who hacked Nancy Lee's Twitter account and posted all of that anti-government, pro-Trump, racist rhetoric, however what really seemed to get all of her fans in an uproar the most was the hacker announcing that Nancy Lee was quitting GH, which she responded with, "I would never do that to you guys, or myself" 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 175June 22, 2023 11:59 AM

That big fat twitter queen Casey is sniffing around Valentini for a writing job. Don’t do it, Frank! We don’t need another obese queen stinking up our stories.

by Anonymousreply 176June 22, 2023 12:10 PM

R172 R173 Here's the thing, they're supposed to start airing scab writers material on or around the first week of July, however, with James Patrick Stuart mentioning that Frank has "stockpiled scripts" that can be used for at least the next five months, they're leading the audience to believe that there won't be any scab writers, with Chris and Dan's work still being played out without any deterrence in continuity.

There's also the possibility that Frank is just having this thrown out there to protect himself, Gary Tomlin, and/or any "ghost writers" from enduring any retaliation by the WGA while they're all secretly writing new scripts.

by Anonymousreply 177June 22, 2023 12:12 PM

R174 They were dating exclusively, although they've been rumored to have cooled off to casually, prior to the accident.

by Anonymousreply 178June 22, 2023 12:15 PM

Molly actress has ensconced herself in a plush resort type rehab. Supposedly the strategy is to stay in rehab long enough for it to count as time served when she gets sentenced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179June 22, 2023 12:21 PM

Pulos is a piece of shit. Dumb cunt.

by Anonymousreply 180June 22, 2023 12:22 PM

R172 R173 All four of the soaps are apparently working off of new scripts currently and in the event of a strike, anyone is pretty much able to write besides scab writers such as other behind the scenes employees. The only issue with that is the WGA is being more strict this time when it comes to anyone agreeing to write while they're out striking, so the "stockpiled scripts" could be just one big smokescreen.

by Anonymousreply 181June 22, 2023 12:27 PM

Oh Maxie. Bitch stole your look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182June 22, 2023 6:44 PM

GH is supposed to be dark all of July. That suggests they've shot episodes, or are about to shoot episodes, that will air until at least late August.

It also suggests that the scripts through August were written a while ago and not by scabs in the past few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 183June 22, 2023 6:49 PM

DiCk of DeAtH

by Anonymousreply 184June 22, 2023 7:35 PM

WHAT is going on with Maxie’s makeup? Her eyebrows! Her lipstick! And not to mention her hair!

by Anonymousreply 185June 23, 2023 1:23 AM

WTF was going on with Maxie’s eyebrows? Who would let her in front of a camera like that?

by Anonymousreply 186June 23, 2023 2:24 AM

😯😯😯😬😬😬🤡🤡

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187June 23, 2023 3:28 AM

Maxie’s Veronica’s Closet cosplay is tragic. Those Divine eyebrows!

by Anonymousreply 188June 23, 2023 3:40 AM

Are the make-up and costume departments on strike too?

by Anonymousreply 189June 23, 2023 3:44 AM

R183 They are going dark for the entire month of July, however they film about four to six weeks ahead of time, while scripts are finished roughly eight weeks before an airdate. Therefore, any scripts written starting from May 2nd until now were filmed towards the end of May/early June, and are still being filmed now, and will start airing at the start of July.

by Anonymousreply 190June 23, 2023 6:36 AM

Forgot to mention, those of you guys who don't know or don't remember, GH films out of sequence, unlike other soaps in the sense that someone can actually be on vacation yet the viewers wouldn't know since they could've filmed all of their scenes before leaving.

For example, Laura Wright recently took a vacation which included a trip to Mexico, yet we never actually get a break from Carly; so unless she didn't film her scenes in advance as they've usually been asked to do, they're going to still have Carly featured on-screen regularly.

by Anonymousreply 191June 23, 2023 11:05 AM

I think it's cruel to not give us a break from Snarly even when the actress goes on vacation.

by Anonymousreply 192June 23, 2023 11:17 AM

R192 😆 😆 I'm sure many others are the thinking the same thing. However, the jury is still out on whether or not Carly will be away as well.

by Anonymousreply 193June 23, 2023 11:31 AM

Laura Wright must have a 7 day a week guarantee, because the audience never gets a break from her.

by Anonymousreply 194June 23, 2023 11:34 AM

R194 😆 😆 24/7 365

by Anonymousreply 195June 23, 2023 6:49 PM

R187 R188

MAXIE JONES IS EATING A MEATBALL SANDWICH RIGHT AT HER DESK!

by Anonymousreply 196June 23, 2023 7:00 PM

A decade ago, a meatball sandwich would have fed Maxie for a full year.

by Anonymousreply 197June 23, 2023 7:09 PM

r187

truly WTF

by Anonymousreply 198June 23, 2023 7:20 PM

R127 Although unconfirmed as of yet, the rumors are that Rena Sofer is back as Lois, and that it's being kept secret as a surprise to the audience. As for Wally and Rena being friends, well they've been somewhat cordial for the sake of their daughter recently (it started a few years ago, around the time she graduated from college/during pandemic) so it seems that they'll be able to work together again without the whole fighting and restraining order issues anymore. Also when it comes to money, you know how some ppl are willing to set differences aside for the sake of making it, and Rena hasn't shown any interest in wanting to return to B&B.

by Anonymousreply 199June 24, 2023 12:51 PM

Kate Mansi was possibly in the running to return to Days as Abigail, so Frank "allegedly" swooped in and offered her the role of Kristina as a way to prevent that from happening, since Days already has Ron and Steve Burton. She said that she did a Zoom call with Frank and Mark Teschner, where they specifically asked her if she was ok with being a recast again after her experience at Days. The "rumor" is that Frank singled her out as NuKristina as a way of one-upmanship against Days. She's also on contract, which Lexi wasn't on.

by Anonymousreply 200June 24, 2023 12:58 PM

I bet Kristina is going to be a surrogate for TJ and Molly.

by Anonymousreply 201June 24, 2023 1:13 PM

R201 I really think so, which is kind of fucked up seeing how this storyline was based off of Lexi Ainsworth's personal story. Frank took her storyline suggestions and chose to keep them instead of keeping her in favor of Kate Mansi.

However, Kate is a good actress, and although Lexi is as well, Frank never seemed to care for Lexi's version and she was never really given anything of substance to do, so Kate's version is more than likely going to have more opportunities, storyline-wise, to showcase Kristina more in ways that weren't exactly given to Lexi.

by Anonymousreply 202June 24, 2023 1:55 PM

DAYS should cast Lexi Ainsworth in something. I mean she may not be a capable enough actress to carry Abigail but anything that isn't the limp dirty washcloth playing Stephanie Johnson.....

by Anonymousreply 203June 24, 2023 2:54 PM

R203 Wow limp dirty washcloth 😆 😆 good idea though since she's still seeking acting roles. She admitted that she auditioned for Y&R as a recast Summer Newman last year so even while she was still employed at GH she was looking for additional acting jobs

by Anonymousreply 204June 24, 2023 3:16 PM

Supposedly Kristen Alderson also expressed interest in portraying Summer, however when she inquired about the role, she was told by Y&R that she "wouldn't be a good fit."

by Anonymousreply 205June 24, 2023 3:25 PM

Bovina as Summer? LOLOLOLOLLLL

by Anonymousreply 206June 24, 2023 3:28 PM

R206 That was probably the exact same reaction from Y&R execs so they let her down easy.

by Anonymousreply 207June 25, 2023 1:54 AM

R203 Come to think of it, she would be interesting as Stephanie. Then there's the whole GH/DAYS connection with Kristina's uncle Stefan and Katherine as her parents on DAYS

by Anonymousreply 208June 25, 2023 1:57 AM

Courtroom Cunt Carly screaming at the judge over Drew’s sentence had me howling. Sit down and shut up, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 209June 25, 2023 2:58 AM

And Drew is just like STFU bitch! LOL!

by Anonymousreply 210June 25, 2023 3:52 AM

Any pics of Chad Duell's bulge?

by Anonymousreply 211June 25, 2023 4:29 AM

Apparently that whole "stockpiling scripts" story was just a way to protect the scab writers from being targeted by the WGA. Word got out that GH is using scab writers and have been since the start of the writers strike, which has picketers specifically targeting GH's Studios for the past week or so. Picketers also targeted GH during the last writers strike in 07-08, however the identities of scab writers (Garin Wolf was the headwriter) back then were known; this time is different since Frank is protecting the identity of the scab writers, by feeding that false story about "stockpiling scripts." The picketers want production of GH shut down immediately, however GH is still in production until June 30th. In a way, I suppose you can't blame Frank for his whole "the show must go on" mentality, or for protecting the identities of the ghost writers, in an effort to prevent them from being blacklisted by the WGA in the future.

by Anonymousreply 212June 25, 2023 12:12 PM

GH is being targeted btw because they are the only soap that claimed to have "stockpiled scripts" for the next five months without the usage of any scab writers, whereas Ron indicated that he would be replaced "Day One" and B&B along with Y&R are allegedly accounted for as well, so GH was the sole soap that was under the impression of the WGA that they would not have to resort to using any scab writers. Someone was a whistleblower who alerted the picketers that "Frank is a liar" who secretly hired ghost writers to pen GH.

by Anonymousreply 213June 25, 2023 12:20 PM

Since it wasn't mentioned here that picketers had targeted GH's Prospect Studios, just thought to reshare it here, especially since it was long suspected by quite a few here that Frank was using scab writers. I know some ppl are not satisfied with Chris & Dan's writing and feel they are "burned out," so any new material from scab writers is welcomed.

by Anonymousreply 214June 25, 2023 12:38 PM

Nice of People to do a big feature on Sprina the moment they’ve been backburnered for SECgate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215June 27, 2023 1:54 AM

I guess Lois really will be coming back. Can’t wait!

Why was Trina talking to Dex like she just met him when they’ve known each other for a year?

by Anonymousreply 216June 27, 2023 8:16 PM

I hope Eddie Maine and Nina hook up so Sonny can skulk back to Snarly and Olivia will kill herself.

by Anonymousreply 217June 27, 2023 8:36 PM

r216

is that just rumor or was it announced somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 218June 27, 2023 8:40 PM

R218, rumor, but the photo of her today is a pretty good indication.

by Anonymousreply 219June 27, 2023 8:41 PM

The rumors are that Rena is back at GH, it's supposed to be a surprise to the audience. These were out before yesterday's episode aired; Frank likes to keep everything close to the vest, similarly to how he tried his best to keep Michelle joining as Nina as much of a secret as possible back in 2014.

by Anonymousreply 220June 28, 2023 10:47 AM

Just wondering if anyone liked Lesli Kay's version of Lois; if Rena would've still been on B&B, or just unavailable for whatever reason, would you have preferred Lesli again or an entirely new Lois

by Anonymousreply 221June 28, 2023 10:52 AM

For storyline rumors, supposedly Dex's father is Julian Jerome lol although that could be fan fiction. It seems that the writers keep changing their minds and with the changing of writers themselves, they could come up with a completely different paternity

by Anonymousreply 222June 28, 2023 11:06 AM

Lois is not needed with rena, lesli, or anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 223June 28, 2023 12:27 PM

R223 😆 😆😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 224June 29, 2023 4:16 AM

Well? Are they?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225June 30, 2023 7:59 PM

That TV Line article also includes this bit of information at the end:

[quote]In other Port Charles news, Holiday Mia Kriegel — who temporarily stepped into the role of Molly following Haley Pullos’ DUI arrest in April — is staying on at least through the summer.

[quote]Earlier this week, Pullos was charged with multiple felonies in connection to the near-fatal crash. She is also being sued by the driver she hit, who was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.

by Anonymousreply 226June 30, 2023 8:21 PM

Sounds like the plan is to write off Spencer while NAC films the Menendez show, and then they expect him back to finish out his contract, at least. The problem is, what with the WGA on strike and SAG possibly next to join, there’s no way of knowing when any of this can actually happen.

by Anonymousreply 227June 30, 2023 8:23 PM

So much fucking this week! I assume this means a baby (or two, so they can be swapped) in 9 months? Is Carly menopausal yet or will she have Drew’s love child? I am totally digging the Ava/Austin dynamic.

by Anonymousreply 228June 30, 2023 8:36 PM

"Rumor" is that several cast members, most notably Nancy Lee and to a lesser extent Kelly Monaco and others, are pissed that Molly was recast while Haley is going through her issues and only a handful of ppl on set are warming up to TempMolly Holiday Mia Kriegel (primarily Kate Mansi, Tabyana Ali and Eden McCoy). Apparently Haley is beloved on set even though she's nothing like Molly off screen. They're more upset that the decision was made to recast Molly instead of writing her off, even though she's in the middle of a big story. Kate Mansi, however, is receiving a warmer welcome, probably because they already knew her in soap circles, and Lexi wasn't there as much as Haley in recent years. Take it with a grain of salt, it's just a "rumor."

by Anonymousreply 229July 1, 2023 1:12 AM

R225 R227 Frank most likely will have the writers temporarily write him out, since Frank is the one who gave him the out. It shouldn't be any different than the last time he asked Frank for an out and the writers wrote around Spencer. The only difference is that the new "ghost writers" might want Spencer around, however Frank has the final say, and if he most likely refuses to grant a temp recast, then they'll have to wait until they know he's coming back.

by Anonymousreply 230July 1, 2023 1:24 AM

Nicolas Chavez was so much hotter, like, a year ago....he looks like a lizard in that photo above

by Anonymousreply 231July 1, 2023 2:12 AM

The pic above is bad, R231. Here’s how he looked in today’s episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232July 1, 2023 2:23 AM

Ohhhh....okay. LOL

by Anonymousreply 233July 1, 2023 2:24 AM

So, what’s the deal? The writers contrive another silly way to keep Trina and Spencer apart (uh-GAIN) while the literal rest of town (Ava and Austin, Liz and Finn, Sam and Dante…) canoodles around them. Adding insult to injury, we’re treated to parallel mother/daughter deep dickings courtesy of Snarly and Drewfus crosscut with Mini Me and Dex.

Yet the couple with the huge online fanbase, that’s actually getting coverage outside of soap media, has another contrived fight. I have to ask: Does GH think its audience is too conservative to watch a real interracial couple?

by Anonymousreply 234July 1, 2023 4:11 AM

How about Brenda’s son with Dante?

by Anonymousreply 235July 1, 2023 4:24 AM

R235 Oh you're talking about Alec 😆 he was supposed to be Brenda's son with Dante, that's what Guza originally wanted, except that's not what Maurice wanted 😁 so that's why they changed the story to his dad being done random race car driver. Maurice was against Brenda being with Dante as much as he was against Brenda being with Michael and having a baby by him too.

However, I'm wondering if he'd be more open to it now since he has seemed to mellow out somewhat as he gets older, if they were to retcon Alec as Dante's son and give Brenda a baby with Michael 😁 He might still have some slight qualms about it, although Laura Wright would definitely be against being a grandmother to Brenda's child, seeing how Maurice has a completely different relationship with Vanessa Marcil than Laura has with her 😆

by Anonymousreply 236July 1, 2023 1:49 PM

Helena Cassadine talking to Nicholas and Alexis....."I've noticed the most interesting parallel between Alexis and Elizabeth. Three bastard children by three different fathers. And both women are terribly unstable."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237July 5, 2023 10:19 AM

GH Previews (From Other Sites):

7/5/23

Tracy summons Diane. Cody struggles with his conscience. Felicia does some digging. Nina gets good news. Martin is propositioned.

7/6/23

Molly opens up to Kristina. Curtis and Marshall support TJ. Brook Lynn issues a warning. Finn expresses his regrets. Terry encourages Elizabeth.

7/7/23

Tracy won't take no for an answer. Liz and Portia catch up. Sam touches base with Curtis. Sonny reassures Dante. Anna is insistent.

Next Week:

Someone is shot Josslyn confronts Esme. Chase makes an arrest.

by Anonymousreply 238July 5, 2023 12:00 PM

GH Previews (From Other Sites):

7/10/23

A shot rings out at the Metro Court. Dex gets bad news. Alexis urges caution. Molly ponders an offer. Josslyn doesn't like what she sees.

7/11/23

A life hangs in the balance. Marshall opens up to Stella. Nina is horrified. Finn and Liz have a frank talk. Josslyn is suspicious.

7/12/ Lucy and Felicia embark on a caper. Sasha surprises Maxie. Chase is gobsmacked. Martin seeks advice. Cody tries to outsmart Selina.

7/13/23 TJ assists in a surgery. Chase makes an arrest. Michael makes a romantic gesture. Alexis is worried about Kristina. Cody makes an offer.

7/14/23 Kristina gets the cold shoulder. Dante develops a theory. Gladys tries to run interference. Trina is overcome with emotion. Mac makes an admission to Sam.

by Anonymousreply 239July 5, 2023 12:11 PM

****RUMORS****

Although Nicholas Chavez is taking a temporary break to film the Ryan Murphy project (where he's portraying Lyle Menendez) multiple sources have reported to TVLine that the role of Nicholas will not be recast. However, with his contract being up in 2024, Chavez is not expected to resign, and Spencer might be recast when that occurs. As for now, the writer's striking is holding up production yet its still projected to resume regardless of the striking, Spencer will somehow be written out until NAC returns.

With Lucy asking Felicia to dig into Martin's past, expect appearances by three exwives; Cady McClain (Dixie, AMC/Rosanna ATWT/Kelly Y&R/Jennifer DOOL) real life wife of Jon Lindstrom, is reportedly in the mix as one of the exwives. Years ago, when Michael E. Knight was up for the recast part of Paul Hornsby, Cady McClain was rumored to portray Paul's (and Ned's) ex-wife Jenny Eckert (however the then ongoing litigation between ABC and Prospect Park, over the rights to ABC soap characters, was rumored to be the reason why that didn't occur)

by Anonymousreply 240July 5, 2023 12:25 PM

*Multiple sources have reported to TVLINE that the role of Spencer will not be temporarily recast* 😆 sorry was thinking of Nicholas Chavez at R240

by Anonymousreply 241July 5, 2023 12:26 PM

*Ryan Murphy wanted to resume regardless of the writer's striking, then received backlash so now production on the project might not begin until the striking is resolved. So the expectation is that NAC temporarily exits to portray Lyle Menendez, Spencer is temporarily written out, then upon NAC returning, he's exiting on a more permanent basis once his contract is up.

by Anonymousreply 242July 5, 2023 12:40 PM

It’s totally insane that the show leveraged the organic online Sprina fan base into a “new Luke and Laura!” PR campaign—and probably aren’t even going to let them fuck or say “I love you” before NAC leaves. What an unforced error.

by Anonymousreply 243July 5, 2023 7:36 PM

R243 This is all just speculation at this point, for he could change his mind between now and when his contract is up. It's just that the expectation is that he's planning to not re-sign; however, although doubtful that Spencer and Trina will share "I love you's' or any sex scenes before he temporarily leaves for the Ryan Murphy project, they both might occur before he possibly leaves when his contract's up.

by Anonymousreply 244July 5, 2023 8:44 PM

R243 Then again, the temp writer's could change storylines. Although Chris and Dan seem to be taking their time with Sprina, the ghost writer's could accelerate everything, so, possibly, things can be different; just have to wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 245July 5, 2023 8:49 PM

Did sexy DILF Mac Scorpio seem a little excited in his scenes with Felicia today? He was wearing these nice fitted slacks that seemed to show a slight bulge once he was around Felicia that didn't seem to be there in his earlier scenes with Dante, Cody, Martin...lol

by Anonymousreply 246July 6, 2023 3:20 AM

This "Poor Carly is broke" storyline is becoming redundant, it's bordering on "Poverty-stricken Liz can't pay her bills" territory. Even though she can't "borrow" the money from Sonny or Michael to pay her SEC fees, she can just use the $5 million from her savings, which she claims is "all she has left" then somehow Sonny, Michael, Jax can all help her with funding a business startup or at least giving her seed money.

At least with Liz it somewhat rang true that she was broke, based on how Rebecca portrayed her as struggling to make ends meet (even though she shouldn't have been, seeing how she had her nurses salary, along with presumably child support from at least Jason) yet Laura's not really coming off as being "down and out Carly" since she's essentially playing Laura Wright. Sarah or Tamara would've made it more believable, alas we're stuck with Laura's version, aka Laura Wright's World 😁 for the foreseeable future.

by Anonymousreply 247July 6, 2023 3:28 AM

I don't get Trina and Spencer. I really don't. Zilch chemistry. They are like Gia and Nicholas. Complete waste of time. Video bonus. Jacob Young Lucky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248July 6, 2023 4:08 AM

Coltin and Jacob were gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 249July 6, 2023 10:27 AM

Carly belongs on the corner like her mom. Make that money on her back.

by Anonymousreply 250July 6, 2023 1:25 PM

R250 😆 She kinda did that when she was married to AJ, and to a certain extent Lorenzo; however we all know she married him more as a revenge plot against Sonny, to get back at him for divorcing her and moving on with Reese.

Someone on another site pointed out that the writers have forgotten that Carly owns another house, owns a second hotel, that Sonny owns the house next door to hers and that Jason should've left her a nice amount of money in his will.

by Anonymousreply 251July 6, 2023 3:22 PM

R248 R249 Ppl swore that Jacob and Coltin were both "aroused" during a big fight scene they had back then. Those rumors about them "allegedly" fucking around are legendary.

by Anonymousreply 252July 6, 2023 3:26 PM

[quote]the writers have forgotten that Carly owns another house,

That's where Bobbie is currently living. And if they touch that house which Jax and Carly lived in while married, they will have to touch the fact that Jackie Zeman died. Don't think they're ready to do that yet.

[quote]owns a second hotel

I'm drawing a blank on that. Second hotel?

by Anonymousreply 253July 6, 2023 5:01 PM

R253 You know what, that completely escaped my mind about Bobbie. They're supposed to touch on her death after they're done striking so you're absolutely correct.

I'm drawing blanks on that too, can only recall Metro Court. They didn't mention what's this second hotel even called.

by Anonymousreply 254July 6, 2023 9:09 PM

Since Frank likes to exaggerate, it could be five weeks of stockpiled scripts he has, instead of five months, for this is clearly still Chris & Dan's writing, which is evident in the credits. Besides them, the only other "headwriter" involved in this is Frank himself.

However, since Frank has hired temp writers who are unidentified, when their writing becomes apparent on-screen, they, most likely, will not have their names credited. So it will be up to the viewers to notice the change in direction.

by Anonymousreply 255July 6, 2023 9:55 PM

Good column about the Sprina debacle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256July 7, 2023 3:43 PM

Chavez is doing Shakespeare and Ali is doing Fraggle Rock. There's nothing to root for there.

by Anonymousreply 257July 7, 2023 4:54 PM

There is just no chemistry between Spencer and Trina and every time Chavez gives an interview (which is often) he just rants about them. I also think Chavez is very replaceable except this is the show that gave us nu-Nickolas for years no matter how badly he sucked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258July 8, 2023 6:41 AM

Alexandria Quartermaine versus Tiffany Hill.....(13:30) ....Part One.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259July 8, 2023 9:47 AM

Alexandria Quartermaine versus Tiffany...Part Two....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260July 8, 2023 9:49 AM

Rumors about Steve Burton returning are growing lol apparently his time is almost up at Days (which tapes roughly six months in advance anyway) and that he's returning to GH, if he can get everything ironed out for an indefinite return (he would like to "retire as Jason Morgan")

by Anonymousreply 261July 10, 2023 5:21 PM

[quote] (he would like to "retire as Jason Morgan")

He had the opportunity to do that in November 2021. Could have stepped away from acting and sold MonaVie for the rest of his life. But then he opted to continue acting and take the part of Harris Michaels on Days and Beyond Salem. .

Or if he wanted to keep playing Jason Morgan for another 20 years and then retire, he also had the opportunity to do that in November 2021. All he had to do was take the COVID vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 262July 10, 2023 11:38 PM

r261

When he first came onto DOOL, he actually had a personality but the last few months, he's basically playing Stone cold Jason

by Anonymousreply 263July 10, 2023 11:39 PM

R262 😆 no mercy for Steve. Guess he has to keep working in order to pay for the costs associated with Monavie 😆

by Anonymousreply 264July 11, 2023 3:05 AM

R263 There's actually alot of ppl who are saying the exact same thing 😁

by Anonymousreply 265July 11, 2023 3:07 AM

Steve also brought Jason Q to Young/Restless. Talk about a HALF trick pony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266July 11, 2023 4:41 AM

R266 Well, there's been mentions of that too over the years 😁

by Anonymousreply 267July 11, 2023 1:06 PM

Michael was looking very hot and beefy today, especially his yummy ass. JFC what the fuck is going on with Maxie's caterpillar eyebrows!

by Anonymousreply 268July 13, 2023 11:31 PM

Did someone say Maxie? Because here she is radiating on todays episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269July 14, 2023 3:05 AM

Can we just stop with the FortySomethings pretending to be clueless twinks? Leo on Days. Now Cody Cutter Bell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270July 14, 2023 3:08 AM

Jackson Montgomery. Doing ridiculous shtick with Felicia and Lucy. yawn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271July 14, 2023 3:11 AM

Okay, so Mac and Sam were kind of comedically fun together.

by Anonymousreply 272July 15, 2023 4:10 AM

R268 I was thinking the same thing, like what is going on here lol his ass and his pecs were definitely on display. I always figured he was one of those guys who really didn't care about working out too much since he's well-endowed lol now his "Dick of Death" is in good company.

by Anonymousreply 273July 15, 2023 8:13 AM

It looks like Robin Scorpio is on the Maxie diet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274July 15, 2023 10:17 AM

Can anyone explain to me why Spencer wasn't at Trina's side on Thursday and Friday's shows while she waited at the hospital for news of Curtis's operation. Rest of the family was there. Even temp Molly was there for TJ. But no Spencer for Trina.

by Anonymousreply 275July 17, 2023 10:42 PM

R275 = Maybe he was at Ryan Murphys house in a thong?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276July 17, 2023 11:58 PM

Rumormill says Dex parentage is going to be revealed during November Sweeps. Leading theories are that it will come down to Jason or AJ. I am sticking with AJ, which means he knocked up someone during his presumed death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277July 18, 2023 3:00 AM

Dex giving his blowjob face. Probably thinking of fem Chase too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278July 18, 2023 4:09 AM

Maurice reads cue cards during most of his scenes. He doesn't even try to hide it.

But during his recent scenes with Nancy Lee Grahn, he didn't turn to look at the cue cards once. Guess she forces him to up his game and actually learn his lines.

by Anonymousreply 279July 19, 2023 5:14 PM

Oh lord, NuNuMolly is even worse than NuMolly. GH is a clusterfuck.

by Anonymousreply 280July 19, 2023 6:20 PM

R280 She's also 39 years old irl 😳 her name is Brooke Anne Smith, and supposedly she's the "permanent recast" until further notice

by Anonymousreply 281July 19, 2023 7:30 PM

I liked regular Molly. I wasn’t crazy about Temp Molly, but I absolutely loathe New Molly. They’ve taken a perfectly nice character and cuntized her. I love New Kristina, by the way.

Sasha goes crazy again? Can’t this poor chick get some new storylines?

by Anonymousreply 282July 19, 2023 8:01 PM

Can someone explain why the Twitter people are all upset about "Sprina" and are calling the show racist? I'm confused.

by Anonymousreply 283July 19, 2023 8:02 PM

Sofia Mattson appears to be very pregnant. So I assume this going crazy again storyline is a way to write her off while she goes on maternity leave.

I assume Sasha will go a rehab facility or a psychiatric hospital for a couple of months and then return good as new.

by Anonymousreply 284July 19, 2023 8:14 PM

R284 Maxie also looks very pregnant. When is her maternity leave starting?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285July 19, 2023 11:16 PM

R283 Sprina fans are upset because they believe that ABC/GH are purposely keeping Spencer and Trina apart, based on the race factor. They think that they're not pushing them towards a romance since they don't want to deal with a interracial relationship, and are using Joss/Dex as an example of a double standard, seeing how they've had constant sex scenes while Spencer/Trina have barely kissed.

They're even more upset now because spoilers are indicating that Spencer and Esme are going to end up back together again, after they continue to bond over giant baby Ace. Trina actress and Esme actress were both shocked when they found out that that's the direction they're headed in, seeing how vocal Sprina fans are and how popular they are online.

by Anonymousreply 286July 20, 2023 3:31 AM

R286 Now he wants to be called Nicholas ALEXANDER Chavez....Hilarious...He looks like he thinks Ryan Murphy is going to turn him into a star. That's what Darren Criss thought when he was filming the Versace mini-series. Your shiny Emmy isn't nearly as special as you think it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287July 20, 2023 3:49 AM

His Patreon is selling out. He is cute. But subscription worthy? Nah. I don't find him particularly special. He seems generic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288July 20, 2023 3:54 AM

If you could only fuck Dex or Spencer? Dex wins by a mile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289July 20, 2023 4:29 AM

Does the Trina actress smoke eight packs a day?

by Anonymousreply 290July 20, 2023 4:49 AM

TJ actor Tajh Bellow has a new girlfriend irl, so it looks like that reconciliation with Haley Pullos is now off the table

by Anonymousreply 291July 20, 2023 9:00 AM

The rumors were that Holiday Mia Kriegel felt "unwelcomed" on the set; it was "no Holiday" for her, except for Eden McCoy, Tabyana Ali and Kate Mansi, the reception to her was cold, since Haley's well-liked overall, especially by Nancy Lee which was referenced at R229. More than likely she quit, combined with the daily grind of dealing with daytime tv, feeling out of place on and off-screen isn't worth the trouble.

Reportedly, the welcome wagon isn't exactly being rolled out for Brooke Anne Smith as of yet either, although it's too soon to tell. Nancy made her feelings known on Twitter, by liking a tweet of someone saying that the role of Molly will now be played by Gabrielle Carteris (Andrea Zimmerman, BH 90210).

Some are suggesting that Frank is trying to tank the Molly role by hiring horrible recasts in the event that Haley is able to return, so he's purposely trying to prevent the audience from latching on to a new Molly, since he's holding out hope for Haley to persevere over her charges and make a triumphant return.

Some are also thinking it's a form of bullying on Nancy Lee's part to be so cold towards the new Molly's, and that she's being a hypocrite (which some have stated on here) for her being so hard on Tyler Christopher and chastising him for his troubles, yet she's being more lenient when it comes to Haley, advising ppl not to cast judgment on her behavior.

by Anonymousreply 292July 20, 2023 9:13 AM

R287, he’s always been billed as Nicholas Alexander Chavez. There was probably already a Nicholas Chavez in SAG. That’s why most younger actors use three names these days.

by Anonymousreply 293July 20, 2023 2:02 PM

The Sprina derailment (criticized in this week’s Soap Opera Digest, at link) is baffling. The show literally won’t let them be in a scene alone together since Greenland. Is it possible that TPTB are punishing NAC and Tabyana for stoking the online fan base on their own? Maybe the writers resent having their hands forced by a Twitter mob.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294July 20, 2023 2:23 PM

TJ’s reaction today was strangely over the top.

by Anonymousreply 295July 21, 2023 10:13 PM

They need to do something with this Austin/Ava storyline. It's getting so complicated and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 296July 22, 2023 3:52 AM

Maybe they can rework it so Kristina offers to be tj and Ava’s surrogate and kill 2 birds with one stone. Rest Molly.

by Anonymousreply 297July 22, 2023 5:36 AM

One of the current striking breakdown/script writers at GH, Shannon Peace, revealed that the temp writers material will start airing next week, most likely starting on Tuesday. She seems upset, for she's worried about what will they do to the current storylines that were created by her and the other permanent writers who are all out striking.

by Anonymousreply 298July 22, 2023 6:59 AM

R294 Looks like the new temp writers are headed towards a Spencer/Esme reunion.

by Anonymousreply 299July 22, 2023 7:00 AM

R296 😆 alot of ppl are in agreement with you, and they want the temp writers to break them up. Since Nathan Varni loves both actors, some believe it was his idea to pair them together.

by Anonymousreply 300July 22, 2023 7:03 AM

Looking forward to NAC’s ass shot in the Menendez thing…

by Anonymousreply 301July 23, 2023 4:51 AM

Scott Smith, real life brother of NuNuMolly Brooke Anne Smith, posted a message on Facebook urging fans to give his sister a chance. He's heard all of the chatter about Brooke being too old to play Molly, so he's standing up for his sister. He also dropped Haley isn't coming back; the role belongs to Brooke now.

by Anonymousreply 302July 23, 2023 9:20 PM

R294 Rumors are it's Frank, not the writers, who's really not into the idea of Sprina. Jex seems to be his couple of choice, yet Sprina is the one that's getting more outside buzz.

by Anonymousreply 303July 23, 2023 9:25 PM

[quote] Ppl swore that Jacob and Coltin were both "aroused" during a big fight scene they had back then. Those rumors about them "allegedly" fucking around are legendary.

Coltin/Stephen and Jacob either fucked or wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 304July 23, 2023 10:13 PM

R304 Supposedly they did and were involved behind the scenes, until they had a huge falling out and stopped speaking to each other. This is all alleged though, it's part of those same rumors from back then.

by Anonymousreply 305July 23, 2023 11:10 PM

Jacob also wants to get back into soaps. The only problem is that Frank never asked him back as Lucky while B&B sent Rick and Maya away

by Anonymousreply 306July 23, 2023 11:20 PM

Carly IS Mildred Pierce. Joss is certainly Veda.

by Anonymousreply 307July 24, 2023 10:36 PM

Liz kicking Dex out of the hospital was my favorite scene in weeks—thank you, scabs!

by Anonymousreply 308July 25, 2023 1:35 AM

Dex is the hottest guy on the show.

by Anonymousreply 309July 25, 2023 1:46 AM

They had a day player slap Ava. I guess West will be driven out next, after Watros.

by Anonymousreply 310July 25, 2023 9:29 AM

Are you not ENTERTAINED?.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311July 25, 2023 10:13 AM

The transgender actor who plays the nurse involved with the "Russian" mob guy is the WORST. I actually turn away from her scenes because she's sooo bad--I don't FF because I like the story. I just wish she was a better actor.

by Anonymousreply 312July 25, 2023 11:36 AM

I like CJ’s performance, even though she’s about a decade too young to be 1) high school friends with Liz and 2) chief of staff of a major hospital.

by Anonymousreply 313July 25, 2023 2:17 PM

I like that Chase is beginning to embrace public nudity.

by Anonymousreply 314July 26, 2023 2:09 AM

That was hot but I would have liked them both to get naked and get caught by Tracy! LOL! I am so glad they had Ava finally give in and let Sonny know what was happening. Move this storyline along people!

by Anonymousreply 315July 26, 2023 3:44 AM

Amanda Setton has a lovely figure and yet she’s never seen wearing less than long sleeves. It’s weird.

Anyway, I hate to say this because of the scabs, but the show has been really good the last two days.

by Anonymousreply 316July 26, 2023 5:13 AM

Would anyone be so kind as to post a link to new thread if there is one?

by Anonymousreply 317July 28, 2023 12:53 AM

The soap sites are having a field day complaining about the scab writers and their lousy scripts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318July 28, 2023 1:16 AM

I’m satisfied with scab scripts thus far.

by Anonymousreply 319July 28, 2023 2:26 AM

R319, me too. Things are actually moving along.

I do support the strike but sometimes a fresh perspective is good.

by Anonymousreply 320July 28, 2023 2:59 AM

Yeah, the Ava/Sonny stuff over the last few days has especially been gold.

by Anonymousreply 321July 28, 2023 3:20 AM

I agree, the Cody and Dante conversation today is finally moving that story along also.

by Anonymousreply 322July 28, 2023 3:23 AM

Yeah it's pretty unfortunate that GH is being critiqued in the media for using temp writers when the rest of them are as well. Y&R's Josh Griffith essentially went rogue years ago from the WGA so he's a permanent scab while B&B's Brad Bell stepped down along with DOOL's Ron Carlivati, except DOOL's temp material won't air until early 2024 since they film so far ahead.

Shannon Peace, one of GH's permanent writers, spoke out on social media about her frustration with having temp writers come in and possibly rewrite their storylines (if Frank approves any rewrites) and now she's regretting her decision to say anything, since the story has now gone viral, with GH unfairly being singled out as "the only show to use temp writers."

by Anonymousreply 323July 28, 2023 5:32 AM

It’s incredibly disappointing to see entertainment media outlets that usually ignore soaps entirely tweet the “scabs at GH!” headline for activist clout without providing any context or history.

by Anonymousreply 324July 28, 2023 7:23 PM

R324 Exactly. They hardly ever focus on soaps unless it's an anniversary or if an actor is in some sort of trouble. And now GH has become the scapegoat in this situation, an outlet for activist to channel their anger . These so-called scabs are actually doing pretty well in their first week on the job too. Overall the whole week has been an improvement imo

by Anonymousreply 325July 28, 2023 8:21 PM

Soaps tend to get a lot more press during writers or actors strikes because they soaps continue to produce new episodes during the strikes. A separate contract covering soaps, talk shows, game shows and news shows allows those shows to continue to be produced during a strike.

Media reporters have to something to write about. And with so little new material airing elsewhere, they tend to write about soaps. It's happened every time there's been a strike.

by Anonymousreply 326July 29, 2023 11:26 PM

R326 Marco Dane 😁 one of my favorites. There was a Dane twin on GH around the time that Sonny first started, no?

Everything you said makes sense, I totally get it. The soap actors work under the Network Code Agreement, so they're exempt...I understand. My issue is more with GH bearing the brunt of using "scabs" when they were actually the last one out of all four to do so, yet the reporters are erroneously reporting that GH is the only one so far to do so, therefore they're facing the heat on their own.

by Anonymousreply 327July 30, 2023 6:06 PM

I like John McBain in this episode. He worked well with Robert and Anna. What happened?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328July 30, 2023 6:40 PM

R328, I'm pretty sure that had something to do with the TOLN reboot of OLTL and debate about which production "owned" McBain. If I recall correctly, it's also how Kristen Alderson became Kiki Jerome, and Roger Howarth became Franco (only to be written out as Franco over the alleged "no rapists" direction from TPTB).

by Anonymousreply 329July 30, 2023 6:57 PM

r327 Yes, Gerald Anthony was on GH as Marco Dane for a little over a year in 1992-93.

He initially played a private eye hired by Tracy to investigate Jenny Eckhart, who was involved with Ned at the time.

Later, he was involved in the teen storyline, acting as manager and promoter for Jagger Cates' budding boxing career. At one point, Sonny put out a hit on Jagger but Marco talked him out of it, promising a cut of Jagger's boxing earnings instead.

Gerald Anthony won a Supporting Actor Emmy in 1993 for his role on GH. He had occasional scenes with Tony Geary as Bill Eckhart and later Luke. They were comic gold together.

by Anonymousreply 330July 30, 2023 10:21 PM

R329- Are they still enforcing that even though it is clear those shows aren't coming back? That is petty if true.

by Anonymousreply 331July 30, 2023 10:41 PM

I think the writing actually improved last week. They are actually moving the stories at a better pace.

by Anonymousreply 332July 31, 2023 12:34 AM

R328 R329 Yeah that's exactly how it happened. Prospect Park/The Online Network purchased the rights to all of the ABC characters and their likeness from AMC & OLTL after they were sold to them by ABC, with GH and their characters included as a future deal, for the plan was for ABC to cancel GH as well, and move them to The Online Network (that was a secret part of the AMC/OLTL deal that didn't come out until after they secured AMC/OLTL with Prospect Park). ABC even had a cancellation date planned for GH, which was January 4th, 2013, then they were going to move them months afterwards to TOLN where AMC/OLTL premiered on April 29th, 2013.

The OLTL characters were "on loan" to ABC, so when TOLN finally got their network together, they asked for their characters back, which ABC/GH weren't interested in parting ways with any longer. Nor were they interested in parting ways with GH anymore, for Frank and Ron had turned it around, and with both The Revolution (OLTL's replacement) and GMA Afternoon (GH's intended replacement) failing in year runs, ABC decided to stick with GH (The Chew, AMC's replacement, was their only new show that showed signs of being a success).

Not only did ABC/Frank/Ron not want to let go of the characters, they didn't want to let go of the three main actors either (RoHo, KA, ME) and the actors didn't want to leave GH, so that's why they had to have all of their characters leave town, then return as new characters (ME as Silas Clay, a continuance of the Port Charles arc, KA as Kiki Jerome, and RoHo as Franco, although the first choice for RoHo was to portray a new villainous character named Alexander Cassadine, until Ron changed his mind at the last minute and made him a recast Franco, even though James Franco indicated he was willing to return, he said that he couldn't do it on a full-time basis, and they wanted Franco back full-time)

Part of Prospect Park's lawsuit included claims of "sabotage" on ABC/Frank and Ron's part, for they felt that they were reneging on the original deal, by trying to keep OLTL actors onboard and by keeping GH on ABC. They were also pissed off with Frank and Ron for killing off Cole and Hope, when they wanted them both on TOLN version (even though it was explained by ABC that the characters were merely "presumed dead" and could be brought back to life).

R331 Prospect Park ended up losing the lawsuit in September 2016, so all of the rights to AMC/OLTL reverted back to ABC. That's why Frank has been able to bring on Nora Buchanan and Jackson Montgomery while also making several references to Llanview, Llantano Mountain, Pine Valley, etc. along with dropping hints that Olivia "Liv" Jerome and OLTL's Alex Olanov are one in the same. The intentions were to bring more of a Llanview feel to GH with the Sonny/Mike story serving as a bridge back to Port Charles, then AMC characters too, with Todd Manning being one of the first to show up (John McBain coming back was left up to Michael Easton to decide, which probably would've happened) with more to follow. ABC's no rapist policy nixed a Todd return, so Frank shelved the entire OLTL resurgence.

by Anonymousreply 333July 31, 2023 3:08 PM

At R333, that should say with both The Revolution and GMA Afternoon failing in test runs.

by Anonymousreply 334July 31, 2023 3:12 PM

R330 Thanks for the detailed history lesson lol I wasn't watching when he first came on, so I had no idea he was a part of the Jenny/Ned/Tracy/Paul story or that he was a private eye. I also never saw any of his scenes opposite Tony Geary; I can only imagine how well they played off of each other.

I didn't remember the hit part from Sonny lol however now you reminded me of the boxing angle and training Jagger, which was where Sonny became involved. That was the only story I remember him in, and his scenes with either Jagger or Sonny. I can even remember when it was announced he had passed away, which was terribly sad.

by Anonymousreply 335July 31, 2023 3:21 PM

R332 IA. It seemed like everything started making sense all of a sudden, instead of a lot of the silliness that happens regularly. It was more realistic, from the conversations to the interactions- you could tell the difference, like the writers did their homework and made sure to utilize the character's history while giving them normal reactions that were based in the real world. It was more character driven as opposed to plot driven.

by Anonymousreply 336July 31, 2023 3:28 PM

It's very likely the scabs at GH are former soap writers who went fi core during the 2007-2008 writers strike. So, it's not like these are people off the street who have no experience writing for a soap.

Included in the fi core list is Gary Tomlin, already a director at GH. Another is Garin Wolf, a longtime writer for GH under Bob Guza who served as HW for about a year in 2011 or so.

Other fi core soap writers include Sherri Anderson, Jack Smith, Maria Arena Bell, Dena Higley, Paula Cwikly, Marlene McPherson, Michelle Poteet Lisanti and Darrell R. Thomas

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337July 31, 2023 5:05 PM

r333 Thanks for the detailed review of the Prospect Park/Online Network situation. Much appreciated. I learned several new things in reading it.

[quote][quote]dropping hints that Olivia "Liv" Jerome and OLTL's Alex Olanov are one in the same.

They may have hinted about Tonya Walker's characters on GH and OLTL being one and the same, but they even started a plotline suggesting Ted King's characters of Lorenzo Alcazar on GH and Tomas Delgado on OLTL were one and the same.

Frank and Ron had several GH and OLTL crossover characters involved in that storyline in late 2012/early 2013. I forget which exactly which ones were involved. I think Blair and or Tea from OLTL, maybe Sam McColl from GH and another GH character. I remember all of them rushing off in search of Lorenzo/Tomas after a wedding ceremony (or something like that).

Storyline was abruptly dropped, never to be mentioned again when Prospect Park showed signs of life again after failing to launch the online AMC and OLTL in 2012. That was the first indication that Prospect Park was actually going to get its act together and finally launch The Online Network.

As I recall, the contract with ABC said Prospect Park had to start filming episodes by Feb. 28, 2013 (or some date around then) or all rights to the characters automatically reverted to ABC. And they literally started filming on that final day.

In the meantime, Ron and Frank had to give up Todd, Starr and McBane and all three left Port Charles in the same episode, never to be mentioned again. When Starr broke up with Michael a few episodes later in an one-side conversation, they never said the name Starr, instead just saying, "your girlfriend" or "my girlfriend."

by Anonymousreply 338July 31, 2023 5:28 PM

[quote] later in an one-side conversation,

that should be one-sided PHONE conversation. It was a phone call Michael got during the Nurses Ball 2013 just after he'd been onstage in his underwear with all the other hot guys who were in good shape. You could tell it was Starr by the context of the conversation, but they never said her name. Then afterward, Michael just said, "My girlfriend just broke up with me."

by Anonymousreply 339July 31, 2023 5:38 PM

R337 Most likely, however since there's a veil of secrecy over who's writing GH presently, some are wondering if they are newbies, or at least newbies to the soap medium. GH is the only one that's keeping their writers identity a secret, which is another reason they're being scrutinized in the media. Some are saying it's WGA members who are not Fi-Core, therefore Frank is concealing their identities to prevent any future retaliation tactics from the WGA for crossing the picket lines, while others are saying it's newcomers who have yet to join, so in order to sign with the union once the striking is over, they're writing exclusively incognito and only signed on under the condition of anonymity.

The WGA is being more strict when it comes to writers "scabbing" this time, so writers were "warned" that there would be harsher penalties as a result of doing it now, as opposed to 2007-2008. Gary Tomlin was under speculation as the hw this time, however he's stated that he no longer has a desire to be a head writer, choosing to remain as a director instead (some think that can be a smokescreen, to prevent the WGA from punishing him). It was also speculated on Twitter that it is Garin Wolf (who Brian Frons fired in favor of Ron Carlivati) or at least members of Garin's team from back then.

by Anonymousreply 340July 31, 2023 6:00 PM

R337 Also if it's not a writer who's Fi-Core on the WGA West list, there's also a separate WGA East list (which includes Josh Griffith and Tyler Perry)

by Anonymousreply 341July 31, 2023 6:02 PM

R338 No problem, glad to be of help. You're so right about that Lorenzo Alcazar/Tomas Delgado story, the person you are thinking of is Skye Chandler Quartermaine. Your memory is spot on lol I remember all of that too, how they had to drop it abruptly because Prospect Park has finally got everything together, when ABC seemed to doubt that they would, how it was down to the last minute lol and of course, Michael not being able to mention Starr's name, along with Carly and Sam only being able to reference Todd and John without mentioning them by name as well. Good times lol

by Anonymousreply 342July 31, 2023 6:12 PM

Skye! Of course. Thanks. I could see somebody with red hair but just couldn't come up with her name.

Skye is someone who hasn't been mentioned in years and years. Skye is a character I always enjoyed. That's a character I'd love to see come back. She could help shake things up at the Q mansion.

Or at least bring her teenaged daughter Lila Rae to town to give Josslyn some competition.

by Anonymousreply 343July 31, 2023 6:33 PM

I was really intrigued to see what Ron did with this Lorenzo and Tomas were the same person storyline .

Ron was good at honoring on-screen history but finding holes in that history to insert new elements. So, I was really sorry the storyline had to be dropped.

Was going to be intriguing how he lined up the Lorenzo Alcazar history with Tomas's history. But OLTL had never really done much with Tomas's background, so that gave Ron a lot of room to work with.

by Anonymousreply 344July 31, 2023 8:40 PM

r340 We may know that Josh Griffith is headwiting Y&R, that Sherri Anderson is HWing Days and that Michael Minnis and Mark Pinciotti are HWing B&B.

However, we don't know who's writing the actual day to day scripts. For B&B, I suppose Minnis and Pinciotti could be doing daily scripts as well -- five days of a 30 minute show isn't that hard to pull off, especially for a show that only focuses on one storyline at a time for weeks and weeks on end.

But the five hour-long scripts for Days and Y&R? There definitely have to be scab writers handling those daily scripts. No way the HW could also write the daily scripts. And in Josh Griffith's case, also handling the EP responsibilities.

As for GH, I'll be curious to see what gets revealed about its writers. That said, I feel fairly confident Gary Tomlin and Garin Wolf are involved. If not servingg as HWs, then offering plotting ideas.

by Anonymousreply 345July 31, 2023 9:07 PM

R343 Lila Rae should definitely return as a redhead who causes trouble for Josslyn and Dex lol especially since Skye and Carly couldn't stand each other, it would be a play on their history. There's more than enough room at the Q mansion for her, Skye could even usher her back into town.

by Anonymousreply 346August 1, 2023 7:42 AM

R345 Oh no I wasn't suggesting that the head writers are the only ones writing everything, I was just listing who's in charge. Obviously there are temp breakdown writers and scriptwriters as well; Josh Griffith actually fired the majority of his writing team months ago, which some believe was in anticipation of the writers striking. He has Fi-Core writers writing with him as well, same as Michael and Mark at B&B. Sheri (although unconfirmed, she is the likely candidate who's head writing DAYS right now) supposedly has at least two writers under Ron who possibly went Fi-Core (or were rumored to not be, unless they changed their minds) and even if they didn't go, a whole temp writing team was brought in. GH keeping their cards close to the vest is interesting, for it's only creating more interest by not naming their writers. Many different ppl, for a variety of reasons, on several platforms, are speculating over their identities.

by Anonymousreply 347August 1, 2023 8:03 AM

AMPTP has reached out to the WGA, they're meeting this Friday to resume discussions in regards to negotiations.

by Anonymousreply 348August 2, 2023 5:44 AM

Josh Swickard's real-life wife is joining the show for a while, playing a nurse in Ferncliff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349August 3, 2023 4:43 AM

R349 Lol right because Frank hires anyone who's adjacent to actors on there already. Between Kin's real life girlfriend playing Trish the Metro Court employee (who seemed to have the most lines in one day that she ever has had in her scenes with Kristina the other day) Cam's soon to be ex-wife as that businesswoman months ago, and of course one of the biggest ones of all, Laura Wright's guy Wes Ramsey, Frank will definitely hire a friend of a friend 😆

by Anonymousreply 350August 3, 2023 5:50 AM

Swickards wife is annoying. Are we sure she can put down her phone long enough to show up? Will she be wearing Lavender?

by Anonymousreply 351August 3, 2023 6:50 AM

R350 don’t forget Mo’s son as Joss and Trina’s classmate (he was pretty good tbh), Genie’s daughter as a producer on Home & Heart, and NLG’s daughter playing in the band at the Nurses’ Ball.

by Anonymousreply 352August 3, 2023 7:30 AM

Wasn't the Dev actor (he pretended to be Brando's son) the real-life best friend of Eden McCoy?

by Anonymousreply 353August 3, 2023 7:33 AM

R353 LINK.....DEV showing off his nipples while wearing pearls and womens blouses He cannot sing. Played by actor Ashton Arbab.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354August 3, 2023 8:38 AM

R352 You're so right I forgot to mention all of those too 😁 and I have to agree, Mo's son Josh is pretty good. Remember he also played Young Sonny in that Sonny fantasy episode; that's what served as an inspiration for pairing Sam with Dante after a lot of positive feedback towards their coupling.

R353 Forgot about that too, which idk why because iirc it was mentioned frequently how close they are

by Anonymousreply 355August 3, 2023 10:55 PM

R351 I read something about her starring on her own Netflix series, and they went on to say how she went from that to portraying a short-term character on her husband's soap as somewhat of a downgrade

by Anonymousreply 356August 3, 2023 10:59 PM

Just horrible today.

Kristina keeps popping up like the Babadook in every scene.

Curtis’s legs…who cares? GrandMolly womb drama…WHOO CAAARES???

More contrived Sprina obstacles. So lame.

by Anonymousreply 357August 4, 2023 2:47 AM

I’m loving Kristina. She’s recently developed into one of my favorite characters. Previously I just thought of her as a glorified extra.

Clearly Rena Sofer must be returning, at least briefly, since Lois has been mentioned again. Can’t wait.

by Anonymousreply 358August 4, 2023 3:26 AM

I have a feeling EM is playing herself on GH. Blonde unlikable bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359August 4, 2023 3:36 AM

Kate Mansi impressed Frank with her work on DOOL, so now he cares more about Kristina than he did under Lexi. He even preferred Lindsey Morgan's Kristina (whom he hired) over Lexi's, until he had to let her go since the daytime grind proved to be too much for her. Nancy Lee and Maurice were the main ones who advocated for Lexi to come back years ago, instead of Frank recasting again, yet Frank hardly ever utilized her. Now Kristina is on practically everyday lol which happens alot when a recast is preferred over their predecessor; all of a sudden they're driving stories.

by Anonymousreply 360August 4, 2023 4:06 AM

R359 To your point, she's patterning her acting after Laura Wright, her inspiration 😆

by Anonymousreply 361August 4, 2023 4:09 AM

Don’t have any interest in revisiting Lois.

She’s a one dimensional character and Olivia is just a copy. Don’t need 2 of those.

by Anonymousreply 362August 4, 2023 4:54 AM

In what universe would Spencer find Trina remotely attractive? She is a FOUR on a good day. And he is only circling around a 7.

by Anonymousreply 363August 4, 2023 5:39 AM

R363, you actually assign attractiveness numbers to people? I thought that went out decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 364August 4, 2023 1:07 PM

R363 you remind me of one of those heavily sexually active boys who place numbers on ppl based on their attraction level to them, determining if they're worth fucking or not 😆 possibly men and women. Yeah it's still somewhat of a thing R364

by Anonymousreply 365August 4, 2023 1:52 PM

The “Spencer isn’t hot troll” continues to post unabated.

by Anonymousreply 366August 4, 2023 5:01 PM

R343 R344 Have some news for you guys, Ted King spilled to an insider that he has a meeting with Frank this week (about possibly returning to GH, either as Lorenzo or Tomas) and there are also rumors that Skye, Lila Rae, and even Blair could be back. There wasn't any mention of Tea, not yet, and the others aren't actually confirmed. Ted mentioned the meeting out of his own mouth, so that's the only guarantee. Maurice still seems bitter about the whole Alcazar existence, so Frank will have to figure out a way to appease both actors.

Lois is still supposedly on her way back too (I don't think she shared scenes with Ted on B&B, if she did, they were brief)

An ABC exec is the one who authorized the removal of Franco, while Todd returning was also nixed; however, Austin isn't catching on with fans, so Roger might walk when his contract expires soon, since he's not expected to play a fourth character (unless they're able to convince the execs to bring back Todd, especially if Blair is possibly on her way back)

by Anonymousreply 367August 7, 2023 2:14 PM

Frank just might get his AMC/OLTL/GH hybrid after all lol

by Anonymousreply 368August 7, 2023 2:15 PM

Kelly Monaco "allegedly" referenced the whole Billy Miller/Steve Burton debacle at her fan club weekend event (the last weekend of July) after being quizzed about it; she stated that it was all Billy Miller's idea for her to keep pushing "Dream" (their pairing) in favor of Jasam, for he felt that with Steve coming back as "the Real Jason," it would automatically, all of a sudden, reunite Sam and Jason, leaving Drew out in the cold (in favor of Stone Cold). So she claimed that she went against her better judgment and downplayed Jasam while continuing to pimp Dream.

Kelly's cool, however I call bullshit imo she was with it because her and Billy were fuckbuddies behind the scenes, and they wanted to continue working together on-screen. Now that Billy is no longer giving her any, she can easily shift the blame to him. She supposedly also offered an apology to the Jasam fans with tears in her eyes, saying she should've handled it better, instead of letting Billy (bully) tell her what to do.

by Anonymousreply 369August 7, 2023 2:39 PM

Did anyone believe that R369? Please tell me that no one believed that.

by Anonymousreply 370August 7, 2023 2:49 PM

R370 Lol from what I'm reading most of them do. There's a handful who are crying foul, asking why she still has Billy Miller's picture in her dressing room, or was still wishing him happy birthdays when he was pretty much done with GH (Frank didn't renew his contract, because he felt that Billy was exercising too many outs while also acting unprofessionally upon Steve Burton's return, which Frank didn't even sign off on- Maurice went over his head to get Steve back). It seems once Billy was done at GH, he was done fucking Kelly, so now she's showing some sort of guilt for her "unprofessionalism"

by Anonymousreply 371August 7, 2023 2:56 PM

I think Billy Miller was done dirty on GH. It seems to me that Frank is a douche, maybe he needs to be "Alarred" next.

by Anonymousreply 372August 7, 2023 3:11 PM

R372 Frank is a big time douchebag 😆 going back to his OLTL days. If anything I'm wondering if he'll try to tame himself after all of these Alarr accusations. If he were ever to go, I can see half of that cast being gutted. Most of them that are there now are still there because of Frank.

by Anonymousreply 373August 7, 2023 3:20 PM

This show’s cast is already clown car-sized. There’s no way they can accommodate all those refugees from canceled shows.

by Anonymousreply 374August 7, 2023 3:39 PM

R374 Unless they downsize, or bring them on in a recurring capacity.

by Anonymousreply 375August 7, 2023 4:07 PM

Forgot to mention, Frank's vision was to always have characters from AMC/OLTL pop in and out on GH (like Nora Buchanan, Jackson Montgomery) he would love Susan Lucci to do a visit, even if not as Erica, as someone else, however she hasn't obliged (she says that she's received offers from other soaps, though none of them have felt right, so she's declined)

by Anonymousreply 376August 7, 2023 4:10 PM

There is no way they’d meet Lucci’s quote.

by Anonymousreply 377August 7, 2023 4:55 PM

I'm sure that's what she said 😁 R377. None of them.

by Anonymousreply 378August 7, 2023 5:01 PM

Lucci took a sizeable pay cut towards the end of AMC, so what could her quote be now?

by Anonymousreply 379August 7, 2023 5:06 PM

R379 Lol true she did. I don't know, personally I feel that after Erica, she's not really interested in playing another role. She's not even interested in bringing Erica to GH, nor was she willing to bring her to the online version of AMC. She did, however, express interest in playing her on "Pine Valley" the primetime show that Kelly and Mark were pitching to ABC.

by Anonymousreply 380August 7, 2023 5:13 PM

At R380, I meant to say that she hasn't really seemed interested in playing another daytime soap role after Erica, nor has she seemed interested in playing Erica in any other format, except for primetime.

by Anonymousreply 381August 7, 2023 5:14 PM

R380 I think Susan Lucci wants to stay closer to NYC as she has had health scares with her heart. Would be good to see her on an episode of Blue Bloods or one of the Law & Orders.

by Anonymousreply 382August 7, 2023 9:45 PM

Kelly Monaco should be ashamed of herself.

What really pissed me off with GH is that Jason and Carly weren't fucking when Sonny return home. He should have walked in on Jason mid-thrust. Not really sure why the show didn't go there.

by Anonymousreply 383August 7, 2023 9:49 PM

Gregory Harrison's real life daughter, Lily-Anne Harrison, is rumored to be up for a role on the show. Speculation is either a new Lulu or Molly and TJ's surrogate, though nothing is confirmed as of now.

by Anonymousreply 384August 8, 2023 5:24 PM

R382 That's more than likely; she was initially against going to LA when AMC relocated there (some of the other actors were against the commute too) back in 2010 however she changed her mind and decided to go (they gave all the actors an option out of their contracts, if they weren't comfortable with the show moving to LA, or at least going recurring).

The rumors were that Deidre Hall and Genie Francis were both under consideration as the new lead (Deidre as Tara Martin; Genie possibly as her Ceara Connor character or a new one) which prompted Susan to change her mind.

by Anonymousreply 385August 8, 2023 5:30 PM

R383 Yeah shifting all of the blame to Billy wasn't necessary.

As for why Carly and Jason didn't go there, the writers were anticipating Steve sticking around, so they thought there would be more mileage in the story months down the line, with Sonny not being able to fight his feelings for Nina, with the same being said for Carly and Jason. Then there was the whole Britt factor...they wanted Sonny to gradually learn that Jason was falling back in love with Carly, not have him walk in on them full head on in the throes of passion, which is actually what a lot of ppl wanted too lol especially LW. Not surprisingly, her heading the mob and having Jason fall in love with Carly were both storyline ideas she thought of- the writers were already going with Jason/Britt. Then there was going to be this big sextet with Sonny/Carly/Jason/Britt/Jax/Nina, with Jax eventually phased out, Sonny with Nina, and a brief Carly/Jason/Britt triangle, with Carly winning Jason in the end.

by Anonymousreply 386August 8, 2023 5:40 PM

I don't mind seeing an old face from AMC or OLTL, as they did or have done with Nora, etc. - to enhance and support an existing GH character of story.

But no, there's no need to bring them on en masse.

If they wanted to restart a soap and make it a combo of AMC and OLTL, that would be something interesting, but I doubt they'd even consider it at this stage.

by Anonymousreply 387August 8, 2023 6:02 PM

R387 Walt Willey's on his way back to GH he's already filmed scenes. He wants to make it a long-term thing.

Actually, when Carey Burke was heading ABC, she did consider combining AMC/OLTL into one soap (some fans even nicknamed it "All My Life") however it never made it to development stage. The longer they've been off the air, the more unlikely they'll ever return.

by Anonymousreply 388August 8, 2023 7:03 PM

When I watched this show in the ‘90s, the summer storylines would’ve focused on the sexy younger set having exciting adventures and drama. Now they’re talking about reviving geriatric characters from shows that were canceled a decade ago.

What exactly is the endgame here?

by Anonymousreply 389August 8, 2023 10:05 PM

R389 Lol I guess Josslyn, Dex, Trina, Spencer and Esme are the closest to summer storylines focused around a sexy younger set. Guess that's today's answer to Jagger, Karen, Jason, Brenda, Robin, Stone, etc.

Frank's endgame is to do what he wants lol ABC would sometimes issue mandates regarding adding a more prominent younger set, even when Ron was writing. Frank even tried to do an online spinoff focused on teens/young adults only, which ABC nixed (it was one of a few spinoffs he pitched) years ago, in an effort to focus the main show around older adults.

It looks like there just isn't anything they've really came up with creatively this summer for the younger set- Josslyn and Dex just fuck like rabbits, while Trina is stuck pining away for Spencer, who's playing house with Esme.

by Anonymousreply 390August 8, 2023 10:36 PM

How long is Genie back for? She usually takes 3-4 months off in the summer.

But she was only gone for a month before returning to the screen. Did she cut her summer vacation short this year? Or is Laura going to be off screen for another extended period before the summer is up?

by Anonymousreply 391August 9, 2023 7:00 AM

R391 Not entirely sure about this, however she supposedly pre-taped a lot of her scenes in advance, so that they could be spread out over the course of her extended vacation.

by Anonymousreply 392August 9, 2023 8:12 AM

[quote]she supposedly pre-taped a lot of her scenes in advance, so that they could be spread out over the course of her extended vacation.

So the scab writers are also using WGA writer material interspersed with their material?

by Anonymousreply 393August 9, 2023 5:00 PM

“Scab writers” are just Frank on a coke bender.

by Anonymousreply 394August 10, 2023 11:44 AM

R393 In a word, yes. They're writing all of the scripts on their own (well, with Frank's input) however they're still working off of the original head writer's outlines, and Frank reportedly is ensuring that they don't veer off into their own storylines, which is why it's still the same stories.

There's a rumor that the original writers requested that the temp writers change Sonny and Nina's wedding date from Fall to Valentine's Day, for they want to write the SEC reveal once they're back on the job.

by Anonymousreply 395August 10, 2023 6:59 PM

R394 LMAO you're really not alone in your frame of mind 😁

by Anonymousreply 396August 10, 2023 7:01 PM

WGA members are under the impression that the strike will be over soon, as early as tomorrow. The AMPTP has reached out to them in regards to a meeting tomorrow morning; the WGA believes that the AMPTP is ready to cave and meet their updated list of demands, which was presented to the AMPTP last Friday (which was also scheduled after the AMPTP reaches out to them first).

Some think it's just wishful thinking on the part of the WGA, especially since they don't see the AMPTP budging on such issues as A.I. or enhanced benefits. Since they just reached the 100 day mark of striking, some also think they're just under the belief it's going to be over soon since it's lasted so long.

by Anonymousreply 397August 10, 2023 7:06 PM

R393 Supposedly, the scabs material was set to begin in the Fall, after they either finish out the original outlines, or stall some of the stories (like the SEC reveal). However, if they do come to an agreement tomorrow to settle everything, then we probably will not get an opportunity to actually see any of their own material, for the original writers could return to work as early as next week, with their material resuming on air around the end of September

by Anonymousreply 398August 10, 2023 7:12 PM

Regardless of who's writing what and when, GH has been much improved the last few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 399August 10, 2023 7:15 PM

Sorry but there is no reason for Sasha, Maxxie, Liz, Austin, Cody, Willow, or Trinas family to be on this show.

by Anonymousreply 400August 11, 2023 5:21 AM

8/13 was the 30th Anniversary of Maurice's debut as Sonny 😁 wondering if the writers were going to honor it somehow had the striking not occurred. Guess they can always revisit it once their back in their positions; knowing Maurice, he'd want some sort of homage paid to Sonny.

Btw, isn't it about time for us to start a new thread?

by Anonymousreply 401August 14, 2023 4:54 AM

Now, why the FUCK would Anna jog AT NIGHT when a sniper just tried to kill her? Also? How are you able to just walk into a former SPY and chief of police's house?

by Anonymousreply 402August 14, 2023 10:55 AM

R402 No, no it's not "yeah I know, I know" 😆 😆 you're absolutely right, both of those instances were ridiculous plot points.

It would've made more sense, imo, if they tried to burn her house down while she was still in it, causing her to fight her way out. Also, since there's already been an attempt made on taking her out, it would've fit more into that part of the story as a continuance of her life being threatened.

by Anonymousreply 403August 14, 2023 11:24 AM

I think Anna is suspicious of Valentine.

by Anonymousreply 404August 14, 2023 10:42 PM

Maybe they are recasting Robin?

by Anonymousreply 405August 14, 2023 10:49 PM

R404 I think so too. They're trying to make him look like a suspect, that's for sure

by Anonymousreply 406August 14, 2023 11:26 PM

R405 You think so? I don't think they are, last time Frank tried (with Rebecca Budig- before she arrived as Hayden) Ron pretty much schooled him on Robin's history, informing him that the audience watched Robin grow up under Kimberly, therefore recasting her wouldn't be ideal. Kimberly doesn't seem interested in returning full-time, however guest appearances aren't exactly out of the question. Some are wondering if Anna's deceased daughter Leora Hayward is really alive.

by Anonymousreply 407August 14, 2023 11:34 PM

Wasn't there a rumor about Alex Devane and Valentin possibly having a long lost child? I am not hating Leora possibly being alive. But we already know GH will not hire VI. So no David on the horizon.

by Anonymousreply 408August 14, 2023 11:54 PM

[quote] But we already know GH will not hire VI.

How do we know that?

by Anonymousreply 409August 14, 2023 11:58 PM

Frank wrote it in his slam book, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 410August 15, 2023 12:03 AM

R409 We know that because DR. David Hayward has never strolled into the GH Lobby and there was always storyline for him. Clearly either FH or RV or ABC (or all three) doesn't want to work with him. The Prospect Park debacle was over years ago..

by Anonymousreply 411August 15, 2023 12:25 AM

I've always been surprised that David Hayward hasn't been on the Cassadine pay roll.

With his ability to bring people back from the dead, you'd think the Cassadines would snatch up his services.

by Anonymousreply 412August 15, 2023 12:46 AM

Well, some doctor somewhere is tending to Nikolas at the moment. Could be David Hayward.

by Anonymousreply 413August 15, 2023 12:47 AM

R408 Yeah that was a rumor. There was also a rumor that Valentin and Anna somehow had a child together although that could've actually been Valentin's with Alex to throw the audience off.

by Anonymousreply 414August 15, 2023 1:35 AM

They write Valentin with the same pen they write Sonny.

Valentin is essentially a villain with a heart of gold. He's involved with shady dealings but always does good things for the town, especially where Anna or Laura are concerned.

by Anonymousreply 415August 15, 2023 7:00 PM

The scenes where Molly and TJ were interviewing the surrogates came off pretty realistic.

by Anonymousreply 416August 15, 2023 9:32 PM

…but also deeply boring

by Anonymousreply 417August 16, 2023 7:48 PM

LMAO well Frank is still running everything so the temp writers are doing the best they can under his supervision

by Anonymousreply 418August 16, 2023 10:05 PM

Molly and TJ are so boring it doesn't matter what happens with this storyline.

by Anonymousreply 419August 16, 2023 10:18 PM

Is Dex capable of giving anyone a look other than “fuck me”? I needed to fan myself when he was looking at Michael today.

by Anonymousreply 420August 16, 2023 11:07 PM

R420 = You mean THIS look? It looked like he was cruising Michael.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421August 17, 2023 3:32 AM

Michael has become the Paul Williams of Port Charles. The appeal has faded. And Daddy Spencer is ridiculous and a total boner killer. Trina is unappealing. They have zero chemistry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422August 17, 2023 3:37 AM

Dex also gave that look to the bodyguard outside of Sonny's apt. the other day. It was when they were waiting for the nanny to get Avery settled in. I was reminded of the old bathhouse/adult bookstore days. I know my mind really wandered!

by Anonymousreply 423August 17, 2023 3:54 AM

Josh Kelly is the only actor who seems to be enjoying himself lately.

by Anonymousreply 424August 17, 2023 4:29 AM

[quote]Michael has become the Paul Williams of Port Charles. The appeal has faded.

So true.

I'm surprised the character has lasted this long without any interruption. Send him off to South American or the Middle East of somewhere for at least 6 months, then have him come back with some secrets and a need for revenge.

Meanwhile, Lucky, a character with lots of potential, if written correctly, has been in Ireland for over a decade. His mother doesn't even mention him these days.

Can't Frank persuade Jonathan Jackson to sign a contract.

by Anonymousreply 425August 17, 2023 6:31 PM

There's a blind item stating that another person at the top of their soap is on their way out, in lieu of the Albert Alarr scandal; guesses are either Josh Griffith or Frank Valentini

by Anonymousreply 426August 17, 2023 6:36 PM

Link R426 ?

by Anonymousreply 427August 17, 2023 6:51 PM

I wish Cody, Sasha, and Gladys would all be written off. They’re so unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 428August 17, 2023 7:23 PM

R427 It's in the Writers + Actors Strike Thread, page 24. It's just a small hint of bts changes coming to a certain soap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429August 17, 2023 8:40 PM

It's boards.soapoperanetwork.com if the link isn't working.

by Anonymousreply 430August 17, 2023 8:42 PM

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 431August 17, 2023 9:16 PM

R425 Jonathan Jackson has gone full on bible thumper. He was always spiritual but this is over the top...He ain't coming back to GH to work with SINNERS. The show would be better off recasting---something they don't do well. But it would be nice to see Lucky and Lulu back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432August 18, 2023 6:15 AM

It's too bad the show cast Billy Miller as Jason/Drew.

Billy would actually have been good as a Lucky recast. He could have incorporated his humor into the role of Lucky. His humor was a large part of what made him so successful as Billy on Y&R and Richie on AMC.

by Anonymousreply 433August 18, 2023 4:55 PM

r433

what's the problem?

by Anonymousreply 434August 18, 2023 8:47 PM

The problem ,r434, is Billy burned his bridges. Easton and Howarth didn't burn theirs.

But i still think Billy Miller could revitalize Lucky. Just like he did with the character of Billy Abbott, who had been off the canvas for 3-4 years when Miller took over and breathed new life into him.

by Anonymousreply 435August 18, 2023 8:52 PM

I'd still love to see Coby Ryan Mclaughlin return the canvas as Nikolas.

Coby didn't burn his bridges nearly as extensively as Billy Miller did either.

by Anonymousreply 436August 18, 2023 9:38 PM

Wasn't Coby's burgeoning popularity antithetical to Mo's ego?

by Anonymousreply 437August 18, 2023 9:44 PM

No reviving beloved characters until at least a dozen or so are axed, starting with Menopause Molly.

by Anonymousreply 438August 21, 2023 12:08 AM

MiscastMolly's over-the-top baby voice is grating. Someone needs to shut that shit down STAT, it doesn't make her appear younger just incredibly annoying. Betty the undercover Nanny would have made a better Molly. And Gonzo's real life daughter blondie who played the surrogate candidate they chose should have been considered as a possible Lulu recast if they can't get a well-known soap actress.

by Anonymousreply 439August 21, 2023 2:05 PM

The spaghetti string dress Elizabeth wore for her luau date with Finn in Thursday's episode was a poor choice. It was not a flattering dress and showing her back like that made her look too thin. My first thought seeing her exposed back was, "Is she anorexic."

by Anonymousreply 440August 21, 2023 5:09 PM

I was disappointed to hear that William DeVry was an asshole to this soap reporter about something she didn't even do. I love that she took a dig at his height while recounting the incident. Donnell Turner tried to smooth things over. The DeVry/Donnell conversation starts at 4:20.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441August 21, 2023 6:03 PM

R437 Supposedly so. There's also a rumor that he's cooling off of Nicholas Chavez, seeing how he's constantly receiving accolades for his acting. This is the Mo Show and he doesn't like to be upstaged lol

by Anonymousreply 442August 21, 2023 7:38 PM

R439 Different fans are wondering why Betty actress wasn't cast as Molly, or why Greg's daughter wasn't cast as Lulu. Some think that Frank is trolling the audience with an older model Molly, making her purposely unlikable so that fans would gravitate more towards his new fave, Kate Mansi. As for Lulu, some also think that Frank wants a "name actress" from another soap, which is why he didn't choose her

by Anonymousreply 443August 21, 2023 7:42 PM

R441 Wil has had tendencies to be somewhat of a dick. He used to even send half naked pics to Frank, allegedly, as a way to joke around with him, yet it pissed Frank off. That, along with him constantly questioning Frank about directions in storylines for Julian.

by Anonymousreply 444August 21, 2023 7:45 PM

[quote]He used to even send half naked pics to Frank, allegedly, as a way to joke around with him, yet it pissed Frank off.

You mean, Will is a prick tease.

by Anonymousreply 445August 21, 2023 8:52 PM

I saw an interview with Kelly Thiebaud (back when she was on the show) in which she jokes about DeVry, Donnell, and Ryan Paevey never wearing shirts around the studio.

by Anonymousreply 446August 21, 2023 11:55 PM

Today I was trying to imagine Sonny’s instructions to Dex: “go to the pool and show Betty your tits.”

by Anonymousreply 447August 22, 2023 12:00 AM

Nice to hear Monica's voice today. I doubt we will ever see her again.

by Anonymousreply 448August 22, 2023 12:09 AM

R442 whenever Mo posts about State of Mind on social he gets tons of replies asking him to bring on NAC. Apparently on a recent show Mo admitted he invited NAC, who declined.

Anyway, Nick is clearly too busy working on his physical fitness to assuage Mo’s mental fitness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449August 22, 2023 6:13 AM

Mo tweeted a list of co-stars he's invited to be on his show but haven't yet accepted. He said he'd love to have them but he's not one to push as it's not his personality. Really? What do you call tweeting about it? Not pushing? I can't stand that egotistical, cue card reading, sputtering guy who should have retired several years ago. The list included Genie, Finola and NLG.

Kudos to NAC for declining Mo and not buying into Coloma's scientology b.s.

by Anonymousreply 450August 22, 2023 12:26 PM

R450 Ooh, who's on that list?

by Anonymousreply 451August 22, 2023 1:00 PM

I've watched a couple of episodes of Mo's show and I must say that it seems like GH is one damaged set. Everybody has some kind of trauma. Damn. It's probably smart for NAC to not go on the show, since he's trying to build a career.

by Anonymousreply 452August 22, 2023 1:09 PM

[quote] The list included Genie, Finola and NLG.

How interesting. Those are also the three actors who Maurice bothers to learn his lines when he has scenes with them. Rest of the time, he just reads off the cue cards.

by Anonymousreply 453August 22, 2023 11:54 PM

What happened with Kathleen Gati/Liesel? A while ago she replied to someone on twitter questioning her absence that she didn't know what was going and that she was available "when and if they need me". Today she's tweeting the number to ABC complaint line in response to someone asking how they can voice their displeasure at her absence. I don't think Frank will take kindly to that. Did she and Kin not get along? Is that why they broke up Liesel and Scott?

Times must be tough for actors right now. Walt Willey campaigned hard on SM to come back and he is coming back for another episode or two. It's obvious he really wants it to be a permanent gig. He's not from OLTL so I don't think FV will acquiesce.

I like Jeff Kober's new look! The strike has obviously freed up his schedule and made him available for GH.

by Anonymousreply 454August 23, 2023 12:16 AM

^^^ *she didn't know what was going ON.

by Anonymousreply 455August 23, 2023 12:25 AM

I feel for Gati, Shriner, et al because they’re in a tough position. So many actors who play important long-term characters on GH aren’t on contract. They literally don’t know if they’re working until they get a script the week before in some cases.

by Anonymousreply 456August 23, 2023 2:09 AM

The scene with the teenagers in the hospital exam room felt like the opening to a Helix film.

by Anonymousreply 457August 23, 2023 2:12 AM

Oh I do too r456, I just worry Frank won't like her egging people on to call. He seems spiteful.

by Anonymousreply 458August 23, 2023 2:13 AM

Walt Willey is joining the cast at the GH Graceland Event. Maybe he did convince FV to hire him full-time....

by Anonymousreply 459August 23, 2023 1:43 PM

R459 = Does Dex (EH) go to any of these events?. Surely he can make more money doing "one on one" fan gatherings?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460August 23, 2023 11:54 PM

Do these soap actors make good money doing these events? They seem to do a lot of events at Uncle Vinnie's on the East Coast. Jeff Kober (Cyrus) is actually doing a round of Uncle Vinnie's appearances in NJ/NY/Philly in October with Bonnie Burroughs (Gladys), Lydia Look (Selina Wu), Parry Shen (Brad) and Johnny Wactor (Brando). There was a dinner recently with Charles Shaughnessy I would have loved to attended.

NLG eliminates the middleman and coordinates her one-on-one fan events herself so she can keep all the money.

by Anonymousreply 461August 24, 2023 12:07 AM

[quote] Jeff Kober (Cyrus) is actually doing a round of Uncle Vinnie's appearances in NJ/NY/Philly in October with Bonnie Burroughs (Gladys), Lydia Look (Selina Wu), Parry Shen (Brad) and Johnny Wactor (Brando).

With the possible exception of Jeff Kober, that's definitely a roster of the show's B-list actors.

by Anonymousreply 462August 24, 2023 12:35 AM

Poor Johnny Wactor…

All vaxed up and no place to go…

by Anonymousreply 463August 25, 2023 12:25 AM

[quote]Poor Johnny Wactor… All vaxed up and no place to go…

Same can be said for Marcus Coloma.

by Anonymousreply 464August 25, 2023 12:44 AM

Wactor was a decent actor though. MC gets no sympathy here after he hijacked the show for longer than necessary. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 465August 25, 2023 11:05 AM

Wactor would have made a good Austin. I love RH but enough. You are clearly just cashing a check now. You look more bored than I do watching you.

by Anonymousreply 466August 25, 2023 11:09 AM

R453 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 467August 25, 2023 12:20 PM

R454 Kin and Kathleen seemed to get along just fine, they're not besties like him and Marcus Coloma lol Kin was actually written out without any explanation, some months after Marcus' firing, so if anything that could've been Frank being petty, knowing how close Kin and Marcus are. Frank hasn't seemed to want any storylines for Liesl anymore after KT quit, except for when she was briefly avenging Britt's death. They broke up Liesl and Scott because more than likely Frank (or someone at ABC) saw Scott as a character that had to go. They have a habit of bringing him back, possibly for Bobbie (the permanent writers want to write Bobbie's funeral, along with Sonny berating Nina's SEC reveal, so that's why both of those are on hold)

Frank is the one who dictates stories, so even if the writers want to write for a character, Frank has to approve it. Elizabeth Korte is actually pretty much directly under him believe it or not in terms of the writing; he allows her to change certain scripts and switch things around. Elizabeth's main two male and female faves are Curtis and Carly, which is why she always tries to make sure they're seen in a favorable light.

It's true Frank favors OLTL actors somewhat over AMC lol however JPS and MEK are heavy recurring, which seems to be what WW is at least angling for (Frank was a fan of AMC more than GH; GH was a big part of Ron's childhood/young adulthood, so he understood their history more than Frank) and with Frank being a big Erica Kane fan, he might give in and let him stay. Some want Jackson for Alexis since Gregory is not going to remain on (imo they should've made Gregory an alcoholic instead of giving him a story where he's slowly leaving, it's too similar to Sonny's story with his father)

by Anonymousreply 468August 25, 2023 12:49 PM

R456 That's true. Ever the budget saver Frank likes to have people on recurring to save money. JPS actually declined ever signing a contract, however there are plenty who are on recurring that would love to be on contract.

by Anonymousreply 469August 25, 2023 12:53 PM

R457 Lmao there's a few fans who want Jake and Wyatt to be a couple, affectionately referring to them as Wake. However Wyatt actor just got accepted to college out of state, so we might not see him anymore, unless Frank recasts (which he probably won't do, seeing how that's one of his faves from OLTL) Jake and Charlotte seem like they'll be their next big teen thing, so Cake? If they do a gay teen storyline on GH they'll revisit Aiden possibly being gay, imo

by Anonymousreply 470August 25, 2023 12:57 PM

R460 Nice picture lol yeah he does and he'll definitely be there at The Graceland Event, Oct. 27th-29th along with his real life girlfriend Joss lol here's the full lineup:

Sonny, Carly, Sam, Cody, Nina, Finn, Lucy, Chase, Trina, Dex, Joss, Jackson actors and of course Frank.

by Anonymousreply 471August 25, 2023 1:04 PM

R460 Right he'd clean up at a one-on-one event. Dex has a decent fanbase.

R461 Yes they make good money at those events, especially ones where they cut the middle man out (ABC/Frank) that's why even former actors (like Steve Burton or Marcus Coloma) are still able to clean up at those type of events if they need some quick cash (yes Nancy cleans up as well; I know she's not too popular on here, however she has a huge fan base, going back to her Santa Barbara days). Here's the price frame for the Graceland event:

Port Charles VIP (Sold Out) Metro Court VIP $1300 (Very Limited Availability) Haunted Star $900 (Limited Availability) Charlie's Pub $650

by Anonymousreply 472August 25, 2023 1:28 PM

The actor playing Wyatt is Patrick Gibbons, Jr. He's the same actor who played young Sam Manning during the final 2 years of OLTL.

Sam was Victor Jr's child with Margaret Cochran but Blair was raising him.

by Anonymousreply 473August 25, 2023 5:22 PM

Part of me wants to feel sorry for the PeriMenopauseMolly actress but her voice makes it impossible for me to do so. How long is Frank going to dig his heels in and refuse to budge on this debacle? Did Mark Teschner hire her? If so, maybe he needs to see a neurologist as he's possibly having some cognitive issues.

by Anonymousreply 474August 25, 2023 7:51 PM

Too many day players. Molly's potential surrogates, Cyrus' baddie fellow inmates, Nurse Ratched at Sasha's hospital, Curtis' PT attendant, Metro Court hostess, and on and on.

And can they shorten "LGBTQIA++++ Center" for storyline purposes? It sounds ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 475August 25, 2023 8:08 PM

[quote]can they shorten "LGBTQIA++++ Center" for storyline purposes? It sounds ridiculous.

Well, it sound ridiculous not just in the story but in real life too.

And they just want to keep adding on more and more and more letters of the alphabet.

I refuse to say I'm a member of the LGBTQ community. I just merely say I'm a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 476August 25, 2023 8:44 PM

[quote]How interesting. Those are also the three actors who Maurice bothers to learn his lines when he has scenes with them. Rest of the time, he just reads off the cue cards.

Mo also learns his lines when he has scenes with JPS.

Sonny rarely has scenes with Valentin, but when he does, Mo doesn't spend his time looking off screen at the cue cards.

by Anonymousreply 477August 25, 2023 10:03 PM

R474 😆 no Mark Teschner is ok. She's a Frank hire; Frank has final say over casting, so Mark can't choose anyone on his own anymore like he used to, pre-Frank. Frank is in control of casting, storylines, etc. Supposedly, Frank lets Mark choose day players on his own, yet temps (depending on their duration, who Frank never keeps) along with permanent are all Frank

by Anonymousreply 478August 25, 2023 10:58 PM

Valentin's botox (over)indulgence is a real distraction.

by Anonymousreply 479August 28, 2023 6:50 PM

[quote]Valentin's botox (over)indulgence is a real distraction.

How true!

Is he getting weekly injections at this point? His face looks good but he can't really emote.

by Anonymousreply 480August 28, 2023 6:54 PM

well fuck, I may need to start watching again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481August 28, 2023 10:23 PM

Valentín's eczema on his neck and back of his head was annoying me last week.

by Anonymousreply 482August 29, 2023 12:23 AM

I wonder if Blair is working with Tracy ? Or is she Martins 3rd ex wife ?

by Anonymousreply 483August 29, 2023 12:25 AM

Maybe Blair will usher in Ted King as Alcazar or Tomas? Will he be unveiled as Pikeman?

by Anonymousreply 484August 29, 2023 12:28 AM

I assume Blair is Martin’s third ex-wife *and* is working with Tracy to take down Deception.

by Anonymousreply 485August 29, 2023 3:50 AM

CLIP.....RECAP------>>Blair, Todd, Tea, Carly Corinthos, Sky Quartermaine.....TOMAS is LORENZO ALCAZAR......(yes it was never resolved but this is how GH left it).....Maybe the long rumored Alcazar return is happening and Blair is showing up too?.....This clip reminds me of how great RH once was. And now isn't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486August 29, 2023 6:03 AM

R486 =======>> Part Two...Sky, Tea, and Blair vow to find Tomas/Alcazar after he was called back into the CIA.....As referenced in this clip Tomas had been out of the CIA since 2003. And 2003 was when Lorenzo was presumed dead. The buzz was Lorenzo/Tomas was an informant or double agent.....This clip was the last we see of Sky and Blair. Todd did reference her "still searching" for Tomas months later. Skye was referenced a couple of years ago when Valentin was buying up shares of Q stock. Now you are caught up!!!....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487August 29, 2023 7:26 AM

Speaking of GH rabbit holes, remember this FIRE? THEY had chemistry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488August 30, 2023 11:02 AM

Tamara Braun acted circles around MO. He couldn't even get thru 30 seconds in this clip without his ridiculous mumbling. I forgot how hot TK was with the longer hair.

by Anonymousreply 489August 30, 2023 11:24 AM

I vaguely remember that scene but I was shocked that she tried to PUNCH him. I know he has a bad rap on DL, but I think he did well in this scene.

by Anonymousreply 490August 30, 2023 11:38 AM

Thanks r488. That was a good scene.

But even back in 2004, Maurice was looking at those cue cards -- he looked at them three times in a 2 minute scene.

by Anonymousreply 491August 30, 2023 5:16 PM

This is what Haley Pullos wore to Court. She must have had a cocktail party to attend afterwards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492August 31, 2023 1:06 AM

TB was the best Carly! Maurice should have done whatever it took to get her back in the role. Their chemistry is off the charts more than with any other co-star. She can act circles around him and her chemistry with Ted King was just as good!

by Anonymousreply 493August 31, 2023 1:14 AM

Mo pretty much hated Ted King and the character he played. He didn't hide it very well. This is back when Mo got what he wanted. I think that's why Ted King had a fairly sudden and badly written exit.

by Anonymousreply 494August 31, 2023 2:31 AM

How Liz hasn't been knocked up by Sonny is a miracle...He just needs a Webber and Quartermaine to finish his BINGO card...How old is Sams daughter? Surely she should be 18 SORASed by now?

by Anonymousreply 495August 31, 2023 5:01 AM

So you guys think MO reads cue cards? I think he adlibs. That's why his reactions seem off. I feel like his scene partners are pretty much on-script, but he doesn't even bother reading their lines .

by Anonymousreply 496August 31, 2023 9:58 AM

Mo's response time is too slow for ad-libbing. That's obvious from his podcast.

by Anonymousreply 497August 31, 2023 10:38 AM

Mo's delivery is choppy and stilted. I give his scene partners a lot of credit for playing opposite his sputtering.

by Anonymousreply 498August 31, 2023 12:00 PM

The other actors usually praise Mo by saying they never know what he’s going to do in a scene, but he’s always glancing offstage—maybe it’s both?

by Anonymousreply 499August 31, 2023 1:09 PM

Mo has come out and said Ted King and Alcazar were worthy opponents to Sonny. Ego aside he can see the value of the character. Plus Ted King was great with Tamara!

by Anonymousreply 500August 31, 2023 4:38 PM

Mo sure isn't glancing off stage multiple times in a scene to come up with an ab lib.

by Anonymousreply 501August 31, 2023 4:46 PM

Mo and Burton sound like nasty bullies. They ruled the set with Geary and NLG mouthing off to a degree. Who else besides Ted King got their wrath? Greg Vaughan?

by Anonymousreply 502August 31, 2023 4:50 PM

I recall Jonathan Jackson saying something negative about Mo and Steve taking their teasing too far, to the point of bullying.

by Anonymousreply 503August 31, 2023 4:52 PM

Mo has admitted to bullying Chad Duell and others; blames it on his bipolar disorder.

by Anonymousreply 504August 31, 2023 4:59 PM

The actress that played his sister said on his show that she was often afraid of him. He responded with his usual smirk and said "I'm better now". No apology, no remorse, never contrite. That's why I loathe him. He repeatedly tells stories of throwing things on set and being awful yet never apologizes and seems to enjoy it and just says "I'm better now". He even told a story on his show of discussing it with his therapist who said "Do you realize you scare people when you throw furniture" and again his self-satisfied smirk. He uses his bipolar to justify being an asshole. Can't stand him.

by Anonymousreply 505August 31, 2023 5:01 PM

In happier news (since the show is barely using him lately), NAC is really perfecting the art of the IG story thirst trap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506August 31, 2023 5:21 PM

In 1975, George Reinholt was the top star on top rated Another World. He and Jacqueline Courtney played star-crossed super couple Steve and Alice.

George also had a temper, leaving other actors wary of him. One day in March 1975, George got so angry, he threw furniture on the set.

EP Paul Rauch responded by firing him on the spot.

by Anonymousreply 507August 31, 2023 6:03 PM

Maurice seems to be holding the show hostage with his bipolar status.

Show lets him get away with everything from bullying to throwing furniture to not learning his lines because apparently its scared of a lawsuit.

If show tried to fire him or discipline him in any way, Maurice could easily win a lawsuit by playing the bipolar card,

by Anonymousreply 508August 31, 2023 9:02 PM

[quote]If show tried to fire him or discipline him in any way, Maurice could easily win a lawsuit by playing the bipolar card.

Similar to how Kirsten Storms holds the show hostage with her addict status. She can win any lawsuit by playing her addict card.

by Anonymousreply 509August 31, 2023 9:03 PM

Congratulations, Adam Huss!

by Anonymousreply 510August 31, 2023 9:12 PM

Kirsten is one of the least used regular cast members and they style her like a depressed rodeo clown.

by Anonymousreply 511August 31, 2023 9:12 PM

r510

for what?

by Anonymousreply 512August 31, 2023 9:44 PM

r512, Did you watch today's show? He's back!! And off his ventilator and drinking beer.

by Anonymousreply 513August 31, 2023 9:51 PM

ah... I did not watch... thanks r513

by Anonymousreply 514August 31, 2023 9:59 PM

I love that Adam is back but does he have his memory? Does he think he's Eddie Mayne?

by Anonymousreply 515September 1, 2023 12:28 AM

WAIT...so Nikolas is back? AND thinks that he's Eddie Mayne?

Oh, man. That FUCKING strike is killing this show.

by Anonymousreply 516September 1, 2023 10:53 AM

I didn’t get an amnesia vibe from Nikolas’s brief moment at the end, I got a “colluding with Austin” vibe.

by Anonymousreply 517September 1, 2023 1:27 PM

Wish they had taken their time and found an amazing recast comparable to Tyler….while good Adam wasn’t it for me. Didn’t read as a “prince”.

by Anonymousreply 518September 1, 2023 4:20 PM

Adam did have a commanding presence in those scenes with Esme locked up in the dungeon or wherever he held her captive. It's what made me like him as compared to wimpy scrawny tin voiced MC.

by Anonymousreply 519September 1, 2023 4:26 PM

Adam reads as too American.

by Anonymousreply 520September 1, 2023 4:34 PM

MC read too Mexican surfer bro from Long Beach.

by Anonymousreply 521September 1, 2023 4:43 PM

Sorry- I posted this on another thread and forgot that people talk about GH here---

++Just an FYI That Locher Room dude had a tribute to Jackie with a bunch of folks. I never watched GH much, but I checked this out.

That Tamara Braun looks amazing for 52- I thought she was 42 or so...

And Rick Springfield is GHASTLY looking and made a fool of himself. He seemed drunk or drugged out of his mind in this video. He was horrible.

You need to check it out

by Anonymousreply 522September 1, 2023 5:04 PM

(r516) I was joking!

by Anonymousreply 523September 1, 2023 5:07 PM

R523 Of course...

by Anonymousreply 524September 1, 2023 5:10 PM

Loved Jackie and her dynamic with both Carly’s - SJB and TB…sorry LW fans but she’s always been miscast in the role. If Carly doesn’t have chemistry with the right characters then she’s not Carly.

by Anonymousreply 525September 1, 2023 5:10 PM

Adam Huss was a vast improvement over Marcus Coloma. No question about that.

However, as someone said upthread, Adam isn't carrying himself like European royalty. There's no underlying air of superiority in his performance. JPS has that down to a science.

That said, Adam can certainly add to his portrayal is he's back playing Nikolas long term. But at the same time, lots and lots and lots of actors are needing work right now and soaps are one of the few places that is allowed to still continue taping. So, who knows what a casting call might turn out.

by Anonymousreply 526September 2, 2023 12:33 AM

Adam's past performances were all on short notice. He might surprise us when he's on a normal schedule with adequate prep time.

by Anonymousreply 527September 2, 2023 12:36 AM

R526, both JPS and NAC nail that aristocratic Cassadine bearing IMO. When they had a rare episode together a few weeks ago I kept thinking, “Shouldn’t these two be playing father and son?”

by Anonymousreply 528September 2, 2023 10:53 AM

Bravo to whoever the scab writer who penned Wednesday's episode.

It was clearly written by a long time fan because it contained mentions of obscure or rarely mentioned events that happened in the past including:

Lucy previously owned Coco Cosmetics and it tanked.

Dante and Sonny first met when Dante was working undercover and Sonny trusted him with all kinds of vital information about his mob business.

Tracy has a history of falling for and marrying con artists or mob types

by Anonymousreply 529September 2, 2023 11:45 PM

[quote]both JPS and NAC nail that aristocratic Cassadine bearing IMO. When they had a rare episode together a few weeks ago I kept thinking, “Shouldn’t these two be playing father and son?”

I've always wanted more Valentin and Spencer scenes. They play off each other well.

by Anonymousreply 530September 3, 2023 1:27 AM

Posted before...But kind of interesting....Kimberly Mcculaugh (who joined GH when she was 6) should write a tell all....A couple of interesting things....She talks about being picked on by Steve Burton (around the 9 minute mark).....Around the 14:40 mark KM brings up Teleprompters...Listening to MO talk about driving home high is horrifying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531September 3, 2023 2:35 AM

Enjoyed the juxtaposition on Friday's show of Cyrus preaching about justice and Sonny getting arrested at the Metro Court.

by Anonymousreply 532September 5, 2023 6:26 PM

How long is this feud between Disney and Spectrum going to last? I can't get ABC on Spectrum cable.

I guess I'll have to subscribe to Hulu to watch GH unless this is resolved in a few more days.

by Anonymousreply 533September 5, 2023 6:28 PM

r533, watch on YT for free about an hour after it airs. Search "GH today's full episode".

by Anonymousreply 534September 5, 2023 7:26 PM

^^^ spell out General Hospital

by Anonymousreply 535September 5, 2023 7:28 PM

There will not likely be a quick resolution. Spectrum employee here.

by Anonymousreply 536September 5, 2023 9:24 PM

I have Spectrum and still have access to ABC.

by Anonymousreply 537September 5, 2023 9:36 PM

It's only the ABC owned and operated stations that are being blocked on Spectrum. So, it's the ABC stations in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Fresno and Raleigh-Durham.

All the other stations are just ABC affiliates and Disney has no power to block their transmission on Spectrum.

But the other Disney owned cable channels like ESPN, FX, Disney Channel, etc. are also being blocked.

by Anonymousreply 538September 5, 2023 10:15 PM

[quote]There will not likely be a quick resolution. Spectrum employee here.

This likely will be the impetus for me to finally cut the chord.

Soaps are about the only thing I still watch on network TV. And if GH isn't going to come back to my TV in the next week or so, time to save money (a bunch of money) and move entirely to streaming.

by Anonymousreply 539September 5, 2023 10:20 PM

R538, of all the cities you list, spectrum is only operating in ny, la, and Raleigh. Just fyi.

by Anonymousreply 540September 5, 2023 11:04 PM

Maxie looked pretty okay today. Her hair looked nice tied back, and they’ve softened her makeup a bit.

I forgot how sexy Adam Huss is as NuNikolas.

by Anonymousreply 541September 6, 2023 1:19 AM

Maxie today. Erica Kane got a mention from Lucy. Turns out she is still running Enchantment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542September 6, 2023 2:52 AM

Cameron M needs to keep his shirt on. Nobody wants to see you shirtless instead of Chavez or Dex or Adam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543September 6, 2023 2:55 AM

Why not write Maxie's weight issues into the story and give the actress something interesting and timely and relatable to play. They could say her weight gain is due not being able to lose the weight from her previous pregnancy or maybe there is some medical issue.

by Anonymousreply 544September 6, 2023 3:00 AM

[quote]of all the cities you list, spectrum is only operating in ny, la, and Raleigh

ABC ratings are bound to go down when the #1 and #2 markets in the country (NY and LA, respectively) can't receive ABC programming.

GH especially can't afford to see its ratings go down, but they inevitably will if NY and LA are not part of the ratings picture.

I wonder if ABC will use the ratings decline as the excuse to finally move GH to Hulu exclusively?

by Anonymousreply 545September 6, 2023 3:01 AM

I find it doubtful that Hulu will find MO nearly as irreplaceable as ABC does.

by Anonymousreply 546September 6, 2023 3:19 AM

R543 That’s not Cameron Mathison. It’s Fire Marshall Bill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547September 6, 2023 10:58 AM

Speculation is that Blair will turn out to be one of Martin Grey's ex-wives, which is why she's returning to PC. Ted King is still rumored to return, which will most likely facilitate another return by Blair.

by Anonymousreply 548September 6, 2023 8:48 PM

R493 Maurice was one of the reasons why Tamara initially quit, back in 2005, however it was moreso Jill Farren Phelps and Bob Guza that she really couldn't stand, so she wanted to get away from those two as soon as possible. Tamara almost came back as Carly twice; once in the fall of 2011, after Jill was fired; Garin Wolf didn't like Laura Wright's version of Carly, so he wanted to write her out and write Tamara back in, however Frank stepped in and stopped him. The second time was in the fall of 2017, Laura was planning to jump ship to CBS and join Y&R with her friends Jill and Steve, this was in the works in mid 2016, when both Jill and Steve were still there (Laura's contract at GH wasn't up until fall 2017) which Frank became aware of, so Tamara was slated to return as Carly once Laura quit. However, CBS getting rid of Jill and Steve in 2016 nixed that. That's why Frank brought Tamara on as Kim in fall 2017 instead of as Carly.

by Anonymousreply 549September 6, 2023 8:56 PM

R494 All true lmao yes that's what played into Ted's exit, then there were rumors of him becoming unhappy at work after dealing with Maurice (Tamara and Alicia were both extremely close to Ted, so their exits in 2005 resulted in him being without his "clique") which had Maurice fans saying how Ted was the bigger asshole lol although Maurice/Steve made it difficult for him (and anyone else they didn't care for)

by Anonymousreply 550September 6, 2023 9:05 PM

R495 Sam's daughter was born in 2004, so she wouldn't have to be SORAS'ED, she would be 19 in real time. Even though she's older than Molly, they would probably keep her at 19 since Molly is 26 and Sam is 43, so they're not going to give Sam a 27 year old daughter, unless it was before arriving in Port Charles.

by Anonymousreply 551September 6, 2023 9:10 PM

R502 They were lol actually Nancy Lee was terrorized by both Maurice and Steve for a minute, then Laura Wright joined the bandwagon when she arrived, in a way to fit in with Maurice and Steve. Pretty much anyone that spoke out against them (like Billy Warlock), actresses they didn't want to work with, resulting in them tanking scenes (like Angel Boris who played Angel Ellis), or actors they felt either threatened by (like Ted King) or better than (like SOAPNET's I Wanna Be A Soap Star Season 1 Winner Mykel-Shannon Jenkins, who played Officer Byron Murphy, and most recently returned as one of Curtis' physical therapists) are just examples of people who got on their bad side. Greg Vaughan initially had problems with Tony Geary, who didn't take to him or Jacob Young very well, although they both still tolerated him. Sarah Brown was another one who Tony Geary did not like, especially when she came back as Claudia.

by Anonymousreply 552September 6, 2023 9:25 PM

New viewer. I’ve only been watching a few weeks. I thought Molly was sams mom (?).

by Anonymousreply 553September 7, 2023 1:17 AM

Why do I have a hard time believing that NLG was being terrorized by anybody? Not saying you're incorrect, but she has never struck me as someone who let people bully her.

by Anonymousreply 554September 7, 2023 1:18 AM

R554 Terrorized was probably the wrong choice of words lol she would speak out against Maurice and Steve's practices at work, as well as Ingo (who was actually involved in alot of their "boys will be boys" behavior too) and Bob Guza's writing (they had somewhat of a beef going back to their Santa Barbara time) so there was a slight "mutiny" to get her fired (similar to how Maurice organized the brigade to have Ron fired) around the time Laura Wright joined. They were working behind the scenes to get her fired, yet it obviously didn't work, primarily because of her fanbase and Brian Frons not willing to let her go.

by Anonymousreply 555September 7, 2023 1:30 AM

Chad "Dick of Death" Duell and his girlfriend Luana Lucci had their baby, Dawson Duell, the other day.

by Anonymousreply 556September 7, 2023 1:35 AM

I can’t believe the DoD named his kid Dawson.

Btw Chad was wearing pretty tight pants on the show the last two days; that DoD definitely dresses left.

by Anonymousreply 557September 7, 2023 2:25 AM

Claudia was an amazing character. Loved it. How GH dismantled the Zacchias Crime Family was a crime.

by Anonymousreply 558September 7, 2023 2:30 AM

Chad breakup drama with baby mama in 3....2....1......

He can go cry about his child support payments and how it's effecting his mental health on Mo's show.

by Anonymousreply 559September 7, 2023 2:30 AM

I was a fan of Faith Roscoe. She was fun. It always annoyed me that all the other mobsters were written to be worse than Sonny - the mobster who doesn't run girls, guns, or drugs. Then what the fuck the does he deal in?

by Anonymousreply 560September 7, 2023 2:33 AM

Chad looks like the guy who ridicules his gay fans. This is not big dick anything. I find him gross. Clearly cannot make any relationship work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561September 7, 2023 2:37 AM

"It was HER fault"--------------Chad describing every relationship breakup.

by Anonymousreply 562September 7, 2023 2:39 AM

Wasn't Chad on SM a couple of months ago announcing they weren't having a baby shower because it was too stressful for HIM? He did however say it was okay to send gifts.

by Anonymousreply 563September 7, 2023 2:50 AM

R557 Wonder if it's from Dawson's Creek?

Haven't seen those episodes yet, any perks of his ass in those tight pants too? 😆

by Anonymousreply 564September 7, 2023 3:14 AM

*Meant any peeks of his ass

by Anonymousreply 565September 7, 2023 3:15 AM

R558 Yeah that was Frank/Ron's doing since neither Anthony actor nor Brandon Barash wanted to leave. Sarah left on her own accord out of dissatisfaction with the turn in Claudia's character; going after children was the end of the line for her. Tony Geary took issue with her quitting over that, so much so that he volunteered his services when they were narrowing down who "killed" Jake.

by Anonymousreply 566September 7, 2023 3:20 AM

"You can send MORE gifts"-------Chad announcing the brats first birthday.....DAWSON?.....Why not go with Dagger or Diablo?....

by Anonymousreply 567September 7, 2023 3:22 AM

I don't blame him for keeping the gift train running. Soap fans can be incredibly generous.

by Anonymousreply 568September 7, 2023 3:26 AM

R560 Faith Roscoe was slated to have plastic surgery to look like Carly, giving both roles to Cynthia (temporarily) when Tamara was ready to quit. However that storyline idea ended up being scrapped because there were already too many stories Carly was already involved in (Sonny/Reese, Lorenzo marriage, kidnapped children, AJ's being "offed" which was originally supposed to be at Michael's hands, Reese reveal, Carly's breakdown)

by Anonymousreply 569September 7, 2023 3:27 AM

R561 😂 😂 guess this is a No-Chad Zone for you and apparently some of the other guys on here too

by Anonymousreply 570September 7, 2023 3:38 AM

[quote]AJ's being "offed" which was originally supposed to be at Michael's hands

That storyline had so much potential until they chickened out and had Michael's shrink be the killer.

by Anonymousreply 571September 7, 2023 7:14 AM

Is Molly 3.0's annoying baby voice the actress' choice or did TPTB direct her to try and sound like a 13-year-old on helium? If it's her choice, FV needs to tell her to stop it. Also, she didn't sound like that the first episode or two she was on.

by Anonymousreply 572September 7, 2023 12:21 PM

[quote]That storyline had so much potential until they chickened out and had Michael's shrink be the killer.

Just asking here... the audience was already pissed that Sonny "stole" Michael from the Qs, could they have accepted a story where Michael killed AJ? Would that have been a bridge too far?

by Anonymousreply 573September 7, 2023 1:02 PM

It was mentioned upthread that it was LW's idea for Carly to run the mob and marry Jason. If that's the case, then LW sabotaged the Britt/Jason pairing. I don't buy the PR spin that KT had been planning to leave and she and FV decided together to kill off Britt. She's 40 and that's not an ideal age to leave a steady gig and try and make it in primetime or movies. She was pissed they broke up her popular pairing and gave her bozo Cody as a consolation prize after she won an Emmy so she bolted. When KT got her second Emmy nom a couple of months ago she told Michael Fairman that Maura West and the hair/makeup people congratulated her. No FV? That speaks volumes. Also her British boyfriend isn't in her summer vacation photos so that may be over.

by Anonymousreply 574September 7, 2023 1:47 PM

Yeah I worry about KT. When she left the show she said she was interested in TV hosting gigs as well as acting.

by Anonymousreply 575September 7, 2023 2:15 PM

R574 You are right about that. When they took Britt/Jason away she was really pissed. She wasn't fired. She left because she really wasn't happy and felt disrespected.

by Anonymousreply 576September 7, 2023 2:20 PM

[quote]She left because she really wasn't happy and felt disrespected.

I know how she feels.

by Anonymousreply 577September 7, 2023 5:10 PM

NAC has gotten pudgy.

by Anonymousreply 578September 7, 2023 7:18 PM

R571 Right. Until Disney stepped in and made Guza change it to the shrink, because they weren't comfortable with a child killer, especially one who killed his own father. Guza was pissed off at them.

by Anonymousreply 579September 7, 2023 7:49 PM

A former GH/OLTL writer and a reporter are both claiming that instead of hiring temp writers, Frank is using current GH staffers in writing roles. Gary Tomlin is rumored to be the head writer

by Anonymousreply 580September 7, 2023 7:51 PM

R572 😆 honestly, I think that's the direction she chose because she's about 12 years older than Molly, so she wanted to give off the flair of an ingenue

by Anonymousreply 581September 7, 2023 7:55 PM

R573 You know what, that's a really good observation. It probably would've been a bridge too far lol if they went that angle. Personally, I wouldn't have been bothered by baby Chucky killing his dad

by Anonymousreply 582September 7, 2023 7:58 PM

R574 Yep that was what she alluded to, being dissatisfied with her storyline after they gutted her and Jason, then sent him off while having her prop Cody. Frank didn't want her to leave and he's still very petty.

by Anonymousreply 583September 7, 2023 8:02 PM

R577 😂 😂

by Anonymousreply 584September 7, 2023 8:31 PM

Did KMonaco really throw Billy Miller under the bus recently after she spent a year or more zombie acting and tanking scenes in solidarity with him?

by Anonymousreply 585September 7, 2023 9:20 PM

R585 Yeah apparently at one of her private fan club events, at the end of July. She shed a few tears and apologized to her fans/JaSam fans for going along with Billy's ideas to keep Dream together and for not wanting Jason and Sam to reunite. According to her, it was all him, she just went along with it, since he was unhappy about Steve returning.

I actually think she was just as willing to forgo working with Steve again as he was, seeing how they were fuckbuddies, with Dream having their own following, even though it was based on everyone thinking Drew was really Jason. Billy also didn't want to play the triangle angle; he didn't want to play Drew either, yet to place all of the blame on him isn't good since Kelly felt the same way he did.

by Anonymousreply 586September 7, 2023 10:35 PM

TPTB brought in Elizabeth Hendrickson from Y&R for Billy but he tanked those scenes too so the pairing didn't catch on and went no where. Elizabeth alluded to it when she did Mo's show, it was a vague "well we all know what happened there" when she said it didn't work out for her on GH with MO smirking in agreement.

by Anonymousreply 587September 7, 2023 10:44 PM

Billy Miller was treated badly all the way round.

If the Frank was going to recruit him, it should have been to play Lucky, a character that could use an injection of humor and a new interpretation (something Billy Miller had done for the Billy Abbott character).

Jason was the wrong character for Miller to play. Miller has a nice sense of humor which he worked into his performances, but Stone Cold had absolutely no humor at all. That left Miller with little to work with,

Despite that, Miller had been able to make his Jason somewhat interestingly and his own. But then, suddenly he was being pushed aside for Steve Burton.

Meanwhile, the writers concocted a new backstory for Miller, making him Drew Cain. Bu that was only a halfhearted attempt to give Miller a new character to play. The writers put much more of their energy into creating a story for Burton's Jason to play.

Can't blame Miller for being unhappy in his last two years at GH, but he also gave lousy performances during those last two years. He did the bare minimum and nothing more until the wrote him out.

by Anonymousreply 588September 7, 2023 10:53 PM

R587 Lol remember when they were teasing her character Margeaux with Sonny? Yeah Billy only wanted to play Jason with Sam. He was miserable in his storyline with Kim too, and idk if anyone here remembers but the writers were considering making Drew and Terry a couple too.

by Anonymousreply 589September 7, 2023 11:45 PM

R588 Lucky was the one a lot of ppl wanted him to play, except Frank was holding out hope for Jonathan to come around permanently and he was being somewhat spiteful, seeing how Jill snatched Steve up and away from GH. Maurice was the one who went behind Franks back and brought Steve back to GH; Steve was so desperate to return, he was even willing to play another character, with the possibilities being Jason, Jason's twin, or even Franco's brother (before the whole Franco and Drew slightly grew up together angle) however the network didn't go for any character other than Jason for Steve.

by Anonymousreply 590September 7, 2023 11:55 PM

Trevor St. John and Drake Hogestyn both had gained a strong fan base by the time Roger Howarth and Wayne Northrup, respectively, came back to the parts they originated. So, both OLTL and Days worked overtime to satisfy fans and keep all the actors involved happy. The stories they came up with may have been inplausible, but at least the shows were trying to keep the actors happy and engaged.

Billy Miller had only been on GH for two years and hadn't built up enough of a fanbase when Steve Burton returned. With original recipe Stone Cold back, Billy was suddenly an afterthought and the show could barely be bothered to write any story explaining what was going on. GH no longer wanted Billy there and didn't try to hide that fact.

by Anonymousreply 591September 8, 2023 12:05 AM

R591 I see what you're saying. Actually, that was really more of a network mandate. After Maurice convinced ABC to rehire Steve, there was this push on ABC's part for "a return to narrative" in the fall of 2017 with Maurice, Steve and Tamara returning (albeit as Kim instead of Carly) in an effort to relive the "early 2000's/Guza's mob era" which wasn't exactly what Frank, Billy or Laura Wright wanted. Jean Passanante "retired" from GH around this time, because she was tired of Frank and the network controlling her stories. One story in particular was Jake being brainwashed by Helena Cassadine to wreak havoc on Port Charles, however Jean and Shelley couldn't write it in the manner that they wanted to, for the network wouldn't allow Jake to go dark (similar to how they interfered in the Michael killing AJ story) so Jean wrote that mess with Jake opening a thermos that contained absolutely nothing (it was supposed to be biochemicals).

Drake and Trevor are good examples, because they were pretty much what fans were expecting to see a semblance of in this story, with Sam being torn between her husband and the man she had been led to believe was her husband. The network was more concerned with Steve and reuniting JaSam, although Frank, Billy and Kelly were all unhappy with Steve returning. Frank eventually came around and even though the network wasn't exactly big on Billy, Frank, Kelly and Donnell all were, along with his fans from AMC and Y&R who followed him to GH. He also gained somewhat of a fan base as Jason, although it had a lot to do with JaSam being a popular couple, so obviously Steve returning added a few wrinkles to that. Billy began exercising outs in his contract in early 2018, resulting in an inability to write that triangle. Barbara Bloom was reportedly responsible for a lot of those storylines around that time too, even though Shelley and CVE were head writing (with Elizabeth Korte in charge of final approval of scripts). There was a lot going on behind the scenes (not to mention Frank removing Josh Swickard at the last minute as Peter, in favor of shoehorning Laura Wright's boy toy Wes Ramsey in, to appease her after bringing Tamara Braun back)

by Anonymousreply 592September 8, 2023 1:10 AM

Josh Swickard was originally going to play Peter August?

First time I've heard that.

by Anonymousreply 593September 8, 2023 1:48 AM

R593 Yes. CVE originally came up with the character of Peter as Anna and Faison's son, conceived shortly after Anna and Robert's presumed deaths/disappearance in 1992. There was a casting call and Josh Swickard was the frontrunner, so auditions were done since he stood out. Wes was nicknamed "Parking Lot Peter" because he was either dropping LW off or picking her up at work one day, and they ran into Frank in the parking lot. Laura asked Frank if he had any roles for Wes to play, Frank said the only one they were casting for was Peter August, and they were pretty much done. Laura asked if Wes could audition, Frank obliged, and was sold. He then had CVE rearrange Peter's birth to match Wes' age. Chase was created since Frank was so impressed with Josh that he didn't want to let him go. Of course Peter was a failure, and they finally fixed it after the history was a rewrite since Anna was young and virginal when she married Robert and had Robin, so adding Peter to the mix as Wes threw everything completely out of sequence.

by Anonymousreply 594September 8, 2023 3:57 AM

Josh thought he had messed up his screen test because the role was pretty much his, only for it to go to Wes. They told him that he "was too young for the role" as an excuse, which was only after Frank hired Wes and reassigned Peter's birth by at least up to 16 years. All of the guys who originally auditioned with Josh were around his age.

by Anonymousreply 595September 8, 2023 4:12 AM

I'm sure Josh S went all out for his audition. He is handsome but I find his "wife" to be a FW and he comes off as a total cuck in their sad IG videos.

by Anonymousreply 596September 8, 2023 5:23 AM

R596 😆😆 wait what's a FW? Frau Wife? I guess for showbiz purposes she changed the spelling of her name, since she was originally known as Lorynn York.

Some fans were pissed that Wes was hired to begin with, especially at Josh's expense, since some thought he looked like a better mixture of Anna and Faison than Wes, along with his age aligning more with the timeline Anna could've possibly conceived a kid with Faison (there was a possibility that Robert could've been his father as well, had they gone with Josh). It was somewhat of a "chance meeting" that day between Frank and Wes, for he felt that he had "unfinished business" with Frank, after reminding him that he had auditioned for him at OLTL back in 2009, only to not get the role. He had Laura to thank, who was described as his "sugar mama" by some before he got hired, with some still calling her that now.

by Anonymousreply 597September 8, 2023 9:57 AM

I can’t imagine Swickard as Peter—he has such a warmth to him, and very kind eyes.

by Anonymousreply 598September 8, 2023 12:48 PM

Mo's son is returning for another stint. I don't think Mo will let up until FV puts his son on contract or at the very least frequent recurring. According to Mo his son is "the next James Dean".

by Anonymousreply 599September 8, 2023 12:58 PM

R598 I know some might find it hard to believe. It's possible they could've reformed Peter under Josh, or even changed his parentage to Anna's and Robert's instead of Faison's, which was another angle they couldn't have played with Wes, since they made Peter older than Robin under him.

If you want proof, you can always lookup Peter August and it'll tell how Wes got the role after a "friendly encounter" with Frank. Also if you lookup Josh Swickard Peter August, it'll tell how Peter was the first role he auditioned for at GH, along with how he was practically in, until he was told that he was "too young" which was only after Frank gave it to Wes (all of the other guys who originally auditioned were around the same age as Josh)

Since we've made it to 600 posts, isn't it time for a new thread? So should I say it for us, thread closed?

by Anonymousreply 600September 8, 2023 1:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!