Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Daniel Penny amasses huge defense fund

From internet donations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487June 17, 2023 1:32 AM

$2,250,000 as of now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 15, 2023 9:24 PM

Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 2May 15, 2023 9:26 PM

He is entitled to a trial

by Anonymousreply 3May 15, 2023 9:37 PM

Hero.

by Anonymousreply 4May 15, 2023 9:40 PM

I publicly supported him, so I want a cut!

by Anonymousreply 5May 15, 2023 9:41 PM

good for him! he has my support!

by Anonymousreply 6May 15, 2023 9:43 PM

Never underestimate the racial hatred in most Americans.

by Anonymousreply 7May 15, 2023 9:46 PM

People are just fucking sick of being frightened, intimidated, harassed and assault by shit that doesn’t deserve to live.

by Anonymousreply 8May 15, 2023 9:50 PM

Question: hypothetically if there wasn't a trial or it cost less than the donations, what happens to the rest of the money? Does it get split and sent back proportionally to each sponsor or does blondie keep it?

by Anonymousreply 9May 15, 2023 9:54 PM

He needs to play John Holmes in a biopic next!

by Anonymousreply 10May 15, 2023 10:02 PM

Only popular because he is white

by Anonymousreply 11May 15, 2023 10:05 PM

I wouldn’t donate but I’d eat his ass.

by Anonymousreply 12May 15, 2023 10:05 PM

Racists who are wasting their money supporting a murderer

by Anonymousreply 13May 15, 2023 10:06 PM

How much of it will be spent on hair care products?

by Anonymousreply 14May 15, 2023 10:08 PM

Kid Rock is a top donor.

by Anonymousreply 15May 15, 2023 10:10 PM

Every last dime of it that doesn't go to his attorneys will be used to pay off the civil lawsuit (and attending legal counsel costs) that he most likely will lose. I realize that doesn't match the fantasies of a lot of people posting here, but there it is.

by Anonymousreply 16May 15, 2023 10:10 PM

I called it.

This is revenge for Derek Chauvin.

by Anonymousreply 17May 15, 2023 10:11 PM

He'll need all the money he can get for the exhaustive trial that he will inevitably lose.

by Anonymousreply 18May 15, 2023 10:16 PM

R8, and you know this how? Were you there? Do you know the homeless man who was killed. Should I start killing all the disruptive homeless I see regularly in NYC. Troll.

I have disused a man from harassing a woman before and I did it without killing him.

by Anonymousreply 19May 15, 2023 10:17 PM

Dissuaded not disused

by Anonymousreply 20May 15, 2023 10:17 PM

the lawyers are the big winners as usual

by Anonymousreply 21May 15, 2023 10:21 PM

Of course he does, r6, of course he does. How much are you going to send him?

by Anonymousreply 22May 15, 2023 10:21 PM

How big is it? Any pics?

by Anonymousreply 23May 15, 2023 10:26 PM

This makes me ill. The contributors to his fund wouldn't give a penny to help the mentally ill or homeless.

by Anonymousreply 24May 15, 2023 10:27 PM

Whoa R19 calm the fuck down. He is a murderer so we are on the same page.

by Anonymousreply 25May 15, 2023 10:27 PM

[quote]I have disused a man from harassing a woman before and I did it without killing him.

With a harsh finger waggle and severe "Tsk. Tsk. Tsk?"

by Anonymousreply 26May 15, 2023 10:37 PM

Start an Onlyfans, Penny!

by Anonymousreply 27May 15, 2023 10:42 PM

[quote] This makes me ill. The contributors to his fund wouldn't give a penny to help the mentally ill or homeless.

To a guy who was arrested 42 times, assaulted and threatened women and gays, and cosplayed as a pedophile? Shocking.

by Anonymousreply 28May 15, 2023 10:43 PM

I doubt a jury would convict him. I actually think it was an accident.

by Anonymousreply 29May 15, 2023 10:44 PM

[quote]I doubt a jury would convict him. I actually think it was an accident.

15 minutes, R29? FIFTEEN MINUTES? In any known universe, how could FIFTEEN MINUTES of chokehold be construed as "an accident?"

Come, now.

by Anonymousreply 30May 15, 2023 10:49 PM

[quote] To a guy who was arrested 42 times, assaulted and threatened women and gays, and cosplayed as a pedophile? Shocking.

To ANY mentally ill guy, not the victim. The donors think it is OK to kill homeless people, and they wouldn't be donating if the marine were Black and the homeless victim was white.

by Anonymousreply 31May 15, 2023 10:53 PM

R28, you people will twist yourselves into knots to justify fascist actions. It never was, nor should it have been Penny's job to be judge, jury and executioner.

by Anonymousreply 32May 15, 2023 10:58 PM

Oh, it was fascist actions, huh

by Anonymousreply 33May 15, 2023 11:25 PM

Wow, he is beautiful..would lick his man-pussy all night, and then fuck him so hard. rake in that dough, son, you deserve it all.

by Anonymousreply 34May 15, 2023 11:30 PM

tryhard edge lord limp bullshit

by Anonymousreply 35May 15, 2023 11:34 PM

Over 2.3 MILLION now !!!!! Our HERO!!!

by Anonymousreply 36May 15, 2023 11:35 PM

Only in America could this entire case be reduced to race. Not mental illness, not public safety, not overly aggressive vigilantes. No, it's all race all the time. Stupid country.

by Anonymousreply 37May 15, 2023 11:37 PM

Just look at his Give Send Go...the cash is rolling in. People are sick of woke. Plus, he's beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 38May 15, 2023 11:44 PM

R37 everything is about race in America. Have you been here? In 50 years people will still be arguing in circles about race in this country.

by Anonymousreply 39May 15, 2023 11:45 PM

Stay asleep. Magat

by Anonymousreply 40May 15, 2023 11:47 PM

He is not, in any way, "beautiful," grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 41May 15, 2023 11:47 PM

You know, it's possible to restrain someone without killing them, especially if its 4 on 1

by Anonymousreply 42May 15, 2023 11:51 PM

He is taking in $1000 a minute...You rarely see anything like this. Woketards made a big mistake going after him.

by Anonymousreply 43May 15, 2023 11:54 PM

If you think about it, this isn't really that much different than the George Floyd incident.

by Anonymousreply 44May 15, 2023 11:58 PM

[quote]you people will twist yourselves into knots to justify fascist actions. It never was, nor should it have been Penny's job to be judge, jury and executioner

Do you think the meant to kill him R32? R29 is right. He ranted and raved how he was ready to die, and if I was there, there was only one way I would have taken that, but I wouldn't have had the balls to tackle the crazy dude. All the mass shootings going on and some one announces "I AM READY TO DIE!"

What the fuck do you think that means?

[quote]Only in America could this entire case be reduced to race. Not mental illness, not public safety, not overly aggressive vigilantes. No, it's all race all the time. Stupid country.

Damn right. I don't know this guy. He could be racist, but that is not my go to. A mentally ill person made remarks that threatened everyone in the station.

[quote]You know, it's possible to restrain someone without killing them, especially if its 4 on 1

I agree it is, and this guy didn't deserve/need to die, but had he whipped out a semi-automatic and killed multiple people, everyone would have said, "why didn't anyone do anything?"

Allowing the public to have weapons of mass killing (and yes - that ship has sailed), means people should have the ability to defend themselves against threats. I don't believe this guy was a genuine threat in hindsight, but Penny couldn't have known that.

by Anonymousreply 45May 15, 2023 11:58 PM

[quote]Plus, he is beautiful.

"[B]eautiful"? Really, where?

Talk about low standards .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 16, 2023 12:01 AM

He's average looking to me.

by Anonymousreply 47May 16, 2023 12:01 AM

R45 he was being held down by multiple people. The threat had passed, you can talk your arm off his throat. I understand the concern and public safety, but he chose to hold his neck for 15 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 48May 16, 2023 12:02 AM

He's totally my type.

by Anonymousreply 49May 16, 2023 12:02 AM

R46 ... facts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 16, 2023 12:03 AM

R45 even if he had a gun, once he was HELD DOWN BY MULTIPLE PEOPLE...how would he get it?

by Anonymousreply 51May 16, 2023 12:04 AM

Nothing hotter than a young fit White male.. You can keep all those other ugly inferior races.

by Anonymousreply 52May 16, 2023 12:05 AM

Haha GiveSendGo, donate the Christian way.

by Anonymousreply 53May 16, 2023 12:11 AM

Princess tinymeat magat is fapping away in here

by Anonymousreply 54May 16, 2023 12:14 AM

Half the donations are possibly from DLers

by Anonymousreply 55May 16, 2023 12:15 AM

Penny was not trained in peaceful takedown tactics R48 and R51 (and it should not be a requirement for everyday people).

He saw a threat to himself (and others) and reacted in a way a lot of people will think was reasonable. If a person who had a hand on a button was taken down (even with their hand restrained), they are a threat.

I'm not a MAGA troll. I really feel bad for Neely, but it was society that failed him, not Penny. It was horrible, and I hope that Penny understands the magnitude of his actions (instead of that cunt Rittenhouse), but if firearms are allowed to be dispense so freely, people will defend themselves, in retrospect, justified or not.

by Anonymousreply 56May 16, 2023 12:15 AM

R37 I feel your sentiment but no other first world nation experienced slavery like we did. That’s what it boils down to. Yes the Caribbean, but all those countries became black majorities and rough living with a few exceptions sprinkled in. It’s the legacy of slavery. No one can beg to differ. I wrote papers on this. England never had slaves on soil. None of the UK or Western Europe.

Black Le became free and then were terrorized for the next 100 yrs all while maintaining a size-able minority. We didn’t whither away like the Natives of the Americas. It’s going to be be real telling how history plays out. I pray to God another Hitler doesn’t happen.

by Anonymousreply 57May 16, 2023 12:21 AM

Blacks” became, that’s what I intended to write. Autotype iPhone is inferior.

by Anonymousreply 58May 16, 2023 12:21 AM

"According to witnesses, Neely was screaming about being hungry and tired but didn't attack anyone."

If you scare me, I'm allowed to kill you.

by Anonymousreply 59May 16, 2023 12:22 AM

I've spent some time with this one, but I agree with R56. Society failed Neely. I don't think Penny is a hero and I hate that I'm on the same side as some people I don't agree with but Penny was defending himself and others. The entire thing is tragic, but blame a world where we just let the mentally ill roam around and scream and threaten instead of getting them help.

by Anonymousreply 60May 16, 2023 12:25 AM

A 14-minute video with two lawyers discussing the case. The new information (for me, at least) is that this case will eventually be presented to a grand jury for an official indictment. I understand that to mean that the 2nd degree manslaughter charge [italic]might[/italic] change into another more serious if there's enough evidence to prove it.

Regarding the other individuals who helped hold Neely down -- it's [italic]possible[/italic] that they might be charged, too. Witnesses' statements and video recordings will have to be throughly examined and considered, then presented to a grand jury, to determine what the formal charges will be, and against whom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 16, 2023 12:29 AM

Well they both were bringing back the S-Curl.

Everyone has humanity unless proven otherwise or a serial killer. Respect people in the small spaces. You never know how one can build up years of tragedy and abuse.

by Anonymousreply 62May 16, 2023 12:32 AM

Hoping the hottie wins! Love seeing the support!

by Anonymousreply 63May 16, 2023 12:33 AM

Scumbag

by Anonymousreply 64May 16, 2023 12:37 AM

You're a pussy, R59.

by Anonymousreply 65May 16, 2023 12:38 AM

Penny's GiveSendGo campaign is No. 2 performer ever for crowdfunding site

Kid Rock had a pointed message for Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg.

"Mr. Penny is a hero. Alvin Bragg is a POS. Kid Rock," the message reads.

Republican presidential candidate and entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, 37, donated $10,000.

"You have an abandonment of the rule of law," he told Fox News Digital. "Then someone who tries to assist and protect people, based on the current facts we have ... is now being prosecuted. That represents a perversion of how the system is supposed to work."

As of Monday morning, more than 42,000 people had donated to the campaign.

The fundraiser was boosted Saturday by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Twitter.

"We stand with Good Samaritans like Daniel Penny. Let’s show this Marine... America’s got his back," he wrote.

Penny's lawyers, Thomas Kenniff and Steven Raiser, launched the fund on Tuesday to raise money to defend their client against criminal charges and potential civil lawsuits.

The attorneys said 𝑎𝑛𝑦 𝑙𝑒𝑓𝑡𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑟𝑖𝑏𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑏𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑛𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑎 𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑙 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑡ℎ 𝑎𝑑𝑣𝑜𝑐𝑎𝑐𝑦 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑔𝑟𝑎𝑚 𝑖𝑛 𝑁𝑒𝑤 𝑌𝑜𝑟𝑘 𝐶𝑖𝑡𝑦.

----------------------

Helping to make up for the $850 million of mental health program money Bill de Blasio's wife Chirlane McCray "misplaced".

by Anonymousreply 66May 16, 2023 12:46 AM

They both have suspect hairstyles R62, that's for sure. I think Penny's is the worse of the two.

by Anonymousreply 67May 16, 2023 12:53 AM

R65 I was referring to Penny's state of mind, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 68May 16, 2023 12:56 AM

No one around him will say it was murder. People actually helped him so it’s not a strong case.

by Anonymousreply 69May 16, 2023 1:18 AM

[quote]no other first world nation experienced slavery like we did.

Totally untrue.

by Anonymousreply 70May 16, 2023 1:38 AM

I don’t know if he should be convicted, but it’s beyond bizarre (and frankly a bit terrifying ) that so many people believe he shouldn’t even be charged! What the fuck? Is it a fundamental misunderstanding of how the law works or is it something more sinister?

If your direct actions lead to the death of another person, even if it’s an accident, you’re in trouble. It’s very simple.

by Anonymousreply 71May 16, 2023 1:40 AM

[quote]Well they both were bringing back the S-Curl.

R62, I think I love you.

by Anonymousreply 72May 16, 2023 1:46 AM

San Francisco voters fired their Soros prosecutor. New York needs to follow suit.

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — San Francisco’s district attorney Monday released surveillance video showing the fatal shooting of a suspected shoplifter by an on-duty Walgreens security guard, along with other footage and documents that she said support her decision not to file charges against the guard.

Jenkins, who initially discharged the case May 1, said that even after seeking more evidence, there was nothing to rebut the guard’s reasonable claim of self-defense. She pleaded with viewers to review all the evidence, including witness and police reports, especially since the video footage lacks sound.

“There will be a temptation, as human beings, to only view the video footage of this incident and nothing else. 𝑊𝑒 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑐𝑐𝑢𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑣𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑜𝑠 𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑒, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑜𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑛 𝑖𝑠 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑐𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑟𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑥𝑡𝑟𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑝 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑝𝑒𝑟,” she said in a news conference.

Brown, who struggled with homelessness, worked as a community organizer for the Young Women’s Freedom Center, a nonprofit that provides support for young women and trans youth.

by Anonymousreply 73May 16, 2023 1:56 AM

Is the claim that Penny had the guy in a chokehold for 15 minutes credible? Because that would imply they held him through multiple stops, which doesn’t really make sense. But maybe the train was stopped between stations?

by Anonymousreply 74May 16, 2023 2:04 AM

[quote] To ANY mentally ill guy, not the victim. The donors think it is OK to kill homeless people, and they wouldn't be donating if the marine were Black and the homeless victim was white.

You’re too stupid and too indoctrinated to live. Honey, continue supporting criminals and spitting on victims like your Marxist cult tells you to.

by Anonymousreply 75May 16, 2023 2:09 AM

[quote] I don’t know if he should be convicted, but it’s beyond bizarre (and frankly a bit terrifying ) that so many people believe he shouldn’t even be charged! What the fuck?

The guy was a threat and a danger to society. Get it through your thick skull. Penny was also helped by two other people, one, a fellow black passenger. The news media you do rely on continues to cut out that bit and keeps playing this demented perp up to be a choir boy. He said he was ready to kill and take a bullet and didn’t care what the police did. Liberals response: just get off the car at the next stop (if you still haven’t been killed yet). Cities controlled by liberals are hell holes now. This progressive ideology is ruining once great places to live in.

by Anonymousreply 76May 16, 2023 2:12 AM

*so rely on

by Anonymousreply 77May 16, 2023 2:13 AM

The news media was another race riot. It’s the same reason they’re giving Trump air time - ratings. And you morons keep falling for it.

by Anonymousreply 78May 16, 2023 2:14 AM

One thing is clear. The only thing which will fix America at this point is more racially motivated wide scale looting and rioting. And let's find a way to make it about trans rights, somehow

by Anonymousreply 79May 16, 2023 2:37 AM

R76 reporting from her double wide in west virginia

by Anonymousreply 80May 16, 2023 4:13 AM

Just throwing this out there, but what was his motive for killing the guy? Seriously, did he snap? History of violence? As a subway user I understand the chokehold. I dont get the outcome.

by Anonymousreply 81May 16, 2023 4:28 AM

Almost at 2.4 MILLION now.

by Anonymousreply 82May 16, 2023 4:37 AM

[quote] Almost at 2.4 MILLION now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 16, 2023 4:43 AM

R9: from the donation page:

[quote] Any proceeds collected which exceed those necessary to cover Mr. Penny’s legal defense will be donated to a mental health advocacy program in New York City.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 16, 2023 4:48 AM

R46: you missed this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 16, 2023 4:51 AM

Looks older than 24

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 16, 2023 4:52 AM

With my degrees from Harvard, Oxford, and Sorbonne, and as a seasoned lawyer at the International Criminal Court, I can efficiently defend him with aplomb and gusto. And I will do it pro boner, pro Mr. Penny's boner.

by Anonymousreply 87May 16, 2023 5:06 AM

Omg there are so many idiots here ignoring the facts of the case and using knee jerk reactions.

This story has caused a million threads here this past week, yet morons like r81 still ask the same questions over and over again! RESEARCH, ASSHOLE!

And again and again it has been reiterated that the money for Penny is going to his lawyer fees AND a mental advocacy group in NYC.

QUIT

BEING

WILLFULLY

STUPID

by Anonymousreply 88May 16, 2023 5:20 AM

R9, stop asking the same questions that have been answered hundreds of times.

by Anonymousreply 89May 16, 2023 5:22 AM

The perp is much hotter than the dead guy, thus, he's not guilty of all charges.

Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 90May 16, 2023 5:28 AM

[quote] Only popular because he is white

He'd be even more popular and forgiven if he was Black. He'd be applauded everywhere and none of that racism bullshit would be flying around.

by Anonymousreply 91May 16, 2023 5:32 AM

R88 pull the caftan from your crack and enlighten me. Some of us don’t have time to read every shred of news about this multilayered story.

by Anonymousreply 92May 16, 2023 6:28 AM

[quote] Just throwing this out there, but what was his motive for killing the guy? Seriously, did he snap? History of violence? As a subway user I understand the chokehold. I dont get the outcome.

He wasn’t looking to kill him. The guy continued to resist. Penny is a trained marine. They are bred to kill. The guy who’s dead threaten to kill the passengers.

by Anonymousreply 93May 16, 2023 6:34 AM

Penny is smoking hot.

by Anonymousreply 94May 16, 2023 6:35 AM

He looks like an 80s gay porn star.

by Anonymousreply 95May 16, 2023 6:35 AM

Penny didn’t know his own strength. He was trying to keep the guy restrained and he kept resisting. At a certain point the resisting may have been a signal that he was dying. The dude fucked around and found out. He got lucky the other 42 times not to have been shot dead by a woman packing heat.

by Anonymousreply 96May 16, 2023 6:38 AM

What happened to all the protesters?

by Anonymousreply 97May 16, 2023 6:43 AM

It would take a lot to convince me to convict.

by Anonymousreply 98May 16, 2023 6:47 AM

[Quote]if your direct actions lead to the death of another person, even if it’s an accident, you’re in trouble. It’s very simple.

Too simple. The law also provides for self defense and the defense of others from bodily harm. The circumstances of each case are weighed independently.

Plus the defendant here did not act alone. This is going to be an interesting trial.

by Anonymousreply 99May 16, 2023 6:59 AM

[quote] Every last dime of it that doesn't go to his attorneys will be used to pay off the civil lawsuit

The money does not belong to Penney. It goes directly to his attorneys. The attorneys have already said anything left will be donated to mental health programs in NY City.

[quote] . The new information (for me, at least) is that this case will eventually be presented to a grand jury for an official indictment.

I told you this. Read the Constitution - Fifth Amendment. All felonies must be indicted by a Grand Jury. All Bragg did was bring an initial charge. He could have waited until a Grand Jury acted but he did this for political reasons.

A chokehold is not considered lethal force. It is a technique to incapacitate a person and it can be very effective. And there is no way he was administering a chokehold for 15 minutes. That's just bullshit and ignorant hysterics. A chokehold will render you motionless & usually unconscious within a very short period of time. He was restraining him and may or may not have actually administered a real chokehold on him. The video and witnesses indicate that within 20 seconds of Neely stopping his physical resistance that Penney releases him and puts him in what is called a recovery position on his side so he won't choke as he regains consciousness.

The hysterics and misinformation being spread in this case is typical of those who have an agenda and demand a conviction rather than seeing justice done.

by Anonymousreply 100May 16, 2023 7:08 AM

Defense fund now: $2,385,997

by Anonymousreply 101May 16, 2023 7:13 AM

[quote]Allowing the public to have weapons of mass killing (and yes - that ship has sailed), means people should have the ability to defend themselves against threats. I don't believe this guy was a genuine threat in hindsight, but Penny couldn't have known that.

Oh, so now we're allowed to kill people because we [italic]think[/italic] they might have a gun without actually seeing it?

Ok. Good to know.

I'm heading to Washington DC and I may have to kill 279 Republican congressmen and senators because I [italic]think[/italic] they may have a gun and could kill me and I expect to be fully exonerated.

Oh who am I kidding! I already KNOW they all have guns!

by Anonymousreply 102May 16, 2023 7:19 AM

You don't need a weapon to kill or seriously injure people. You can push someone onto the subway tracks. You can push them against a wall or to the ground. See lots of videos of attacks on women and vulnerable people on youtube. it's become more and more prevalent.

No one is required to wait for the injury or death to occur to take action to prevent an assault. This guy was threatening to attack people. Restraining him was reasonable. People rarely die from chokeholds hence his death was unforeseeable.

by Anonymousreply 103May 16, 2023 7:36 AM

If only he'd hissed instead.

by Anonymousreply 104May 16, 2023 7:50 AM

[quote]’We’ve got your back’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 16, 2023 8:24 AM

A portrait in solemnity [no idea who the other person is]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 16, 2023 8:30 AM

Stressful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107May 16, 2023 8:33 AM

[quote]Justice for Jordan Neely

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108May 16, 2023 8:35 AM

[quote]RIP JORDAN NEELY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109May 16, 2023 8:38 AM

[quote]WHITE VIGILANTISM = FASCISM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110May 16, 2023 8:40 AM

This is more about mental illness than race. This is about the failure of society to deal with the mentally ill homeless.

by Anonymousreply 111May 16, 2023 8:48 AM

R108 “indict the coward” says the placard of the woman hiding her face.

by Anonymousreply 112May 16, 2023 8:59 AM

[quote] the $850 million of mental health program money Bill de Blasio's wife Chirlane McCray "misplaced".

I just googled that issue wondering if there had ever been any explanation for the loss ? Apparently not.

The only people referring to it after 2021 seem to be small partisan sites.

Going by what I saw on google NO investigation. NO accounting. NO funds recovered. NOBODY held responsible.

The height of a stack of 100,000,000 (one hundred million) one dollar bills measures 35,851 feet or 6.79 miles. This would reach from the earth’s surface to the approximate altitude at which commercial jetliners fly. So this was a stack nearly 58 miles high surpassing the 50 mile altitude for which NASA awards astronaut status.

All that just vanished and it slid by with hardly a murmur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113May 16, 2023 9:03 AM

So how does $850m just disappear and nobody gives a fuck? What a fucking world.

by Anonymousreply 114May 16, 2023 9:13 AM

[quote] This is more about mental illness than race. This is about the failure of society to deal with the mentally ill homeless.

Stop using mental illness as an excuse.

by Anonymousreply 115May 16, 2023 9:33 AM

bravo for him, he rid the world of a menacing danger.

by Anonymousreply 116May 16, 2023 9:37 AM

R110 And, if you notice, she specifically says white. Because she wouldn’t mind if a black person did something similar. She would call it justice or community policing.

by Anonymousreply 117May 16, 2023 9:38 AM

102 Stop being intentionally glib. Neely was acting violent. He had a history of violence against vulnerable people. Lets say it was a plane instead of a subway. Would you react the same way?

by Anonymousreply 118May 16, 2023 9:42 AM

R113 and R114, at the time, questioning Chirlane about the disappearance of $850 million was considered racist.

I thought just the fact that she was put in charge of such a large, important program was blatant nepotism! Her only qualifications was fucking the mayor. Few called Duh Blasio on this shit.

by Anonymousreply 119May 16, 2023 10:25 AM

Donating to his legal fund is a show of support and wanting him to get as good legal support money can buy. There was nothing in it fir him except to protect himself and the other passengers. At least two other men felt equally threatened enough to help subdue Neely.

Enough with these fucked up men thinking they have a right to scream at and scare the shit out of a crowd of hard working people who just want a peaceful, safe and happy life for themselves and their loved ones.

by Anonymousreply 120May 16, 2023 10:33 AM

I am not surprised. I saw this coming, I knew he would receive a massive financial support online. Even George Zimmerman, a person with zero likability and zero credibility received more than $250K donation at the time, compared to Zimmerman, Penny is far more "likable" and a lot people are sympathetic to him, I remember the day when it happened, a Hispanic woman called him a hero in the interview, a hero!

by Anonymousreply 121May 16, 2023 10:36 AM

[quote]People are sick of woke.

It should be pretty fucking concerning to everyone here, even the dunce at r38, that anything of this is an appropriate response to "woke."

We have a justice system that is meant to deal with people who kill others, regardless of why it happened. Self defense, accident, carelessness, bad luck, it's all supposed to be investigated. Penny's arrest is completely justified in a scenario where he held someone in a chokehold for 15 minutes while someone near him was telling him to stop, because he might "catch a homicide charge" for what he was doing.

To suggest that it's a good thing that the far right is banding together to give his man millions of dollars to support his decision to kill a homeless guy "because of the woke" is incredibly concerning.

What happened has nothing to do with "woke" but the far right and worthless troll shits like r38 think it is. Anything that involves killing someone who could be considered "woke" because of their identity is just fine, they approve of it, and will give you money if you do it. They'll defend it online and praise the killer and encourage others to join in on the praise, and then the media will join in.

Meanwhile, the family who was completely wiped out by the recent far-right mass murderer gets a fraction of the financial support this subway chokehold guy does, and if you think those two things aren't related, you're either stupid or a troll.

by Anonymousreply 122May 16, 2023 10:47 AM

I’ve never seen so much money raised so quickly, I don’t think.

If you’re walking down the street, you can generally get away from the violent addled wackos. If you’re trapped in a metal tube underground, it’s a lot scarier. They tend to fixate on vulnerable people for their harangues, too.

And police can’t do anything about them. There was one in front of a luxury doorman building for two hours yesterday. He was exposing himself and yelling at people. Several people called police, who showed up and left after a few minutes. Because THEY didn’t witness the behavior, they said they couldn’t make him leave the sidewalk. They did not want to see the building’s surveillance video of it.

Anyway, I know he doesn’t look it in photos, but Thomas Kenniff is a sexy man. I met him a couple of years ago (and a few pounds ago). He radiates a quiet masculinity. I found it very attractive.

by Anonymousreply 123May 16, 2023 11:12 AM

All the woke-tards are eating crow. Thought they could destroy a good strong brave man because he's White, but made him even more of HERO, and now a very RICH hero!!!

by Anonymousreply 124May 16, 2023 11:28 AM

🤓 Wowee Wow Wow Wow .......

I gotta try that !

by Anonymousreply 125May 16, 2023 11:32 AM

Can he use some of the $$$ to correct his gynecomastia?

by Anonymousreply 126May 16, 2023 11:33 AM

^for some, that's a part of his attractiveness!

by Anonymousreply 127May 16, 2023 12:12 PM

HE IS A GODDAM HOT HERO.

by Anonymousreply 128May 16, 2023 12:28 PM

So do all these pro Penny posts mean that Primetime is finally over?

by Anonymousreply 129May 16, 2023 12:32 PM

Any shirtless pics yet?

by Anonymousreply 130May 16, 2023 12:35 PM

As usual with the crazy right. This is solely because a white man killed a black man

by Anonymousreply 131May 16, 2023 12:35 PM

[Quote] I just googled that issue wondering if there had ever been any explanation for the loss ? Apparently not.

There weren’t actually any “losses.” There was just poor accounting. In fact the city council renewed the grant for Thrive NYC. The right however kept trying to push a narrative that she had stolen the money and there were no good outcomes.

As the city council concluded, many outcomes take years to achieve so it could not demand immediate improvements and be realistic

by Anonymousreply 132May 16, 2023 12:39 PM

I’m willing to bet the killer isn’t a NYer. NYers ignore the crazies. He though he was being some sort of heeo

by Anonymousreply 133May 16, 2023 12:39 PM

Holy fuck, I seriously can’t imagine why anyone would defend him. . . . Ugh. You’re a bunch of sickos

by Anonymousreply 134May 16, 2023 12:40 PM

"Quote" He is not, in any way, "beautiful," grandpa.

And thank God for that! I am gay and I am sick and tired of these ridiculous men like that trans beer spokesman who cosplays not as real women but as some slinky 1960's starlet. Or pretty boys like fey Sean Mendes.

I want a masculine man.

by Anonymousreply 135May 16, 2023 12:43 PM

R133 he is from Islip, Long Island.

by Anonymousreply 136May 16, 2023 12:44 PM

And then there is R124, a broke ass bitch still living in mom's baasement at age 38, complrtely unable to function in any productive wsy, cheeiring on a murderous vigilante, screaming in self righteous indignation about "wokeism."

Sweetheart, "wokeism" is the least of your problems.

by Anonymousreply 137May 16, 2023 12:49 PM

I lived in NYC for years until recently. The last couple of years I would just try to avoid the subway if possible. As a woman I was chased, harassed and genuinely felt fear for my life at times. I would not call this man a hero and I definitely think this deserved to go to trial but I also know that fear and anger can sometimes cause you to act stupidly, and the man should get a shot at a decent trial.

Also by the footage, he did not hold him in a chokehold till he dies like some are saying. The footage shows that.

by Anonymousreply 138May 16, 2023 12:57 PM

one less mean crazy fuk in the world.......

by Anonymousreply 139May 16, 2023 1:04 PM

[quote]If your direct actions lead to the death of another person, even if it’s an accident, you’re in trouble. It’s very simple.

No, no, he's right.

by Anonymousreply 140May 16, 2023 1:04 PM

Looks like Penny has raised more than just a few pennies.

by Anonymousreply 141May 16, 2023 1:31 PM

R124m Penny isn't getting any money. The GoFundMe moneys will cover legal costs and anything left will go to health care in NYC.

R132, there is nothing to show for Thrive and never was. Ask anyone in health care in NYC about Thrive and they'll have no idea what you are talking about. I think you lie that $850 milion was a mere accounting error. Please. People like you think everyone else is an idiot.

Why in God's name was Chirlane even given the position in the first place? What were here qualifications? If she wasn't fucking the mayor, she never would have been appointed.

by Anonymousreply 142May 16, 2023 2:05 PM

R123- This is part of the same LUNACY that allows people to steal $700 worth of items at CVS and not be arrested.

by Anonymousreply 143May 16, 2023 2:17 PM

Raised:USD $ 2,430,016

50,250 contributors

by Anonymousreply 144May 16, 2023 2:48 PM

I almost donated, but the site used to collect donations is primarily used by right wing nutcases.

by Anonymousreply 145May 16, 2023 2:53 PM

Those blood-sucking lawyers must be creaming their panties at the thought of all that money

by Anonymousreply 146May 16, 2023 3:28 PM

You do have to wonder, if Neely was harmless, why was Penny aided by multiple passengers in subduing him?

by Anonymousreply 147May 16, 2023 3:30 PM

[quote] I almost donated, but the site used to collect donations is primarily used by right wing nutcases.

You may want to get that brain clot sorted.

by Anonymousreply 148May 16, 2023 3:38 PM

If he agrees to show me his dick, I’ll donate!

by Anonymousreply 149May 16, 2023 3:40 PM

A Penny for you THOTS.

by Anonymousreply 150May 16, 2023 3:49 PM

This is textbook depraved indifference homicide, kids.

But congrats on all the "I'm not MAGA, I swear" people for justifying vigilante murder.

by Anonymousreply 151May 16, 2023 4:25 PM

[quote]You do have to wonder, if Neely was harmless, why was Penny aided by multiple passengers in subduing him?

Mob mentality

by Anonymousreply 152May 16, 2023 4:36 PM

Has he got a penny-slot or a rosebud?

by Anonymousreply 153May 16, 2023 4:41 PM

I'd love to know how many of you bloodthirsty assholes justifying flat-out murder have ever ridden the NYC subways.

by Anonymousreply 154May 16, 2023 4:45 PM

[quote]R95: He looks like an 80s gay porn star.

He's as fug as Marjoe Gortner in 'Earthquake' (1974).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155May 16, 2023 4:59 PM

R152 You mean like groups of people protesting in the street and shutting down the subway because a very violent criminal was killed in self defense? THAT kind if mob mentality.

by Anonymousreply 156May 16, 2023 5:01 PM

One of those things is not like the others, R156.

by Anonymousreply 157May 16, 2023 5:06 PM

How was it self-defense? Was the dead person armed? Did he attack Penny?

Or was he just black.

by Anonymousreply 158May 16, 2023 5:12 PM

R158, you forgot to sign your post, "Sunny Hostin".

by Anonymousreply 159May 16, 2023 5:19 PM

Pretty sure Neely's absent family will be around to cash in when they win a massive lawsuit.

Where the fuck were they when he needed help?

by Anonymousreply 160May 16, 2023 5:20 PM

It's so interesting the way that people will cast around to blame literally anyone or anything except the person who squeezed the life out of this man.

Daniel Penny choked a man to death.

This is a crime. It is illegal to murder someone.

I'm sure that society is to blame somehow but that's not the issue.

by Anonymousreply 161May 16, 2023 5:22 PM

This reminds me of an old movie (late 60s), The Incident. It was about people on a subway being terrorized and harassed by two men. Everyone cowered basically, until the end....when a serviceman finally took these two creeps down. I liked the ending. I immediately felt, at the time this was first reported, that Penny did the world a favor. One less dangerous person on the streets...and he had 44 previous arrests. I still feel that way.

by Anonymousreply 162May 16, 2023 5:23 PM

R158 He was presenting himself as a threat by yelling unhinged and violent threats. If someone screams “I’m going to kill you!”, you don’t wait to see the weapon.

by Anonymousreply 163May 16, 2023 5:26 PM

Your take lacks a lot of nuance, R161.

Neely was a danger and a threat to everyone on that subway car (he even admitted that he would kill). He wasn’t some innocent child sitting there minding his own business.

by Anonymousreply 164May 16, 2023 5:29 PM

R162 Thank YOU! I have been searching for that film for years. I could never fine it because I misremembered it as a bus, but I am sure that is it!

by Anonymousreply 165May 16, 2023 5:35 PM

R161 If someone shot and killed the Pulse shooter( would that also be a crime?

by Anonymousreply 166May 16, 2023 5:36 PM

Yes, you see i left out the fact that Neely is black. There's your fucking nuance.

by Anonymousreply 167May 16, 2023 5:36 PM

Glad I helped R165. 😊 It's a good movie.

by Anonymousreply 168May 16, 2023 5:37 PM

[quote]If someone shot and killed the Pulse shooter, would that also be a crime?

Did Neely have a gun? Was he shooting anyone?

by Anonymousreply 169May 16, 2023 5:42 PM

A two-minute video briefly explaining the points of view of both sides, and that there's more video to be released.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170May 16, 2023 5:42 PM

Good for him

by Anonymousreply 171May 16, 2023 5:43 PM

Maybe Penny can be the new Roxie in CHICAGO.

by Anonymousreply 172May 16, 2023 5:43 PM

R169 [quote] Did Neely have a gun? Was he shooting anyone?

So, what you are saying is, if Omar went to Pulse, said he was going to shoot up the place, but didn’t yet pull out his gun, he should not have been neutralized. Just want to make sure I understand.

by Anonymousreply 173May 16, 2023 5:45 PM

R123: you’re right, Mr Kenniff is DILF material

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174May 16, 2023 5:46 PM

R169 Yes. 49 people would still be alive if that had happened.

by Anonymousreply 175May 16, 2023 5:47 PM

Of course Sunny Hostin is turning this into racial hate crime. Has to remind the viewers that the “victim” was a black man.

by Anonymousreply 176May 16, 2023 5:48 PM

White racism is profitable.

by Anonymousreply 177May 16, 2023 5:49 PM

Sunny's race card is so worn down, what's left is a small corner....with just the R.

by Anonymousreply 178May 16, 2023 5:51 PM

There were two other male passengers who helped to hold Neely down. One of them was a POC. Have they been charged with anything?

by Anonymousreply 179May 16, 2023 5:53 PM

She’s as annoying as Meghan McCain. She always seems to make things about race.

by Anonymousreply 180May 16, 2023 5:53 PM

[quote] Of course Sunny Hostin is turning this into racial hate crime. Has to remind the viewers that the “victim” was a black man.

America has successfully dehumanized Black people. The hordes who are donating to the marine's go fund me have politicized this matter. Never in the history of our country has a white man been wrongfully convicted for killing a Black man. The marine has little to worry about at trial.

However, some are uncomfortable with the notion that a white person should suffer any consequences for killing a Black person. It wouldn't matter if it were Neely or George Floyd -- or Tim Scott. The running theme is that Black men are not entitled to justice, or even the consideration of justice.

Sunny Hostin knows she does not have to remind the masses that Neely was Black, just that he was a man.

by Anonymousreply 181May 16, 2023 5:58 PM

R179 No. Maybe at the grand jury hearing they'll be charged. See r61.

by Anonymousreply 182May 16, 2023 5:59 PM

Time for Sunny Hostin to go away.

The cohosts do a lot of eye rolling the minute she opens her mouth. The pot calling the kettle black.

by Anonymousreply 183May 16, 2023 6:05 PM

"Never in the history of our country has a white man been wrongfully convicted for killing a black man." Derek Chauvin would beg to differ. So, that's not true. I agree with the conviction, BTW...before being accused.

by Anonymousreply 184May 16, 2023 6:08 PM

🇺🇸 Daniel Penny 💟 America & Americans. He has served his country well.

by Anonymousreply 185May 16, 2023 6:10 PM

Well, just look at all of the people who give money to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 186May 16, 2023 6:13 PM

[QUOTE] Never in the history of our country has a white man been wrongfully convicted for killing a Black man.

Link please?

by Anonymousreply 187May 16, 2023 6:14 PM

If I was in that subway car that day, I’m relatively sure I’d be grateful and relieved Penny did what he did.

by Anonymousreply 188May 16, 2023 6:15 PM

As Alyssa Farah Griffin told Sunny Hostin on Monday's episode of THE VIEW - "Everyone deserves a good defense team".

That made Sunny suck in her bottom chin and shuffle her index cards.

by Anonymousreply 189May 16, 2023 6:17 PM

If it'd been a black guy choking a white guy to death DL would be screaming for blood.

by Anonymousreply 190May 16, 2023 6:18 PM

Would all the White Fraus and Black Fruas stinking up the place go back to Mumsnet and LSA!

by Anonymousreply 191May 16, 2023 6:23 PM

Those of you outraged by his death and want to to do something, you should consider donating to this kid’s GOFUNDME. He was featured on Queer Eye and he was is so sweet.

His mom and aunt died and he is paralyzed from a truck hitting them. He kept wondering why this happened to him when he was being a good kid. He wanted to be a basketball player. No one told him bad things can happen to good people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192May 16, 2023 6:25 PM

When you ride public transportation, and some crazy person is threatening you, does it matter if they are black or white? In San Francisco recently, a guy was threatening people with a huge meat cleaver, and did attack a random person. I’m with R188. Where are our rights to be safe in public? Enough is enough. The guy didn’t set out to kill him, only protect those whose lives were being threatened.

by Anonymousreply 193May 16, 2023 6:37 PM

I think it'll turn out like Bernhard Goetz. He gets acquitted but the relatives sue him to oblivion in civil courts.

by Anonymousreply 194May 16, 2023 6:38 PM

[quote]The guy didn’t set out to kill him, only protect those whose lives were being threatened.

Possibly. We shall see.

by Anonymousreply 195May 16, 2023 6:38 PM

Would all the racists go back to their GOP websites?

by Anonymousreply 196May 16, 2023 6:41 PM

For those interested in what the grand jury process is, one of the guests lawyers explains it 1:03. At 2:42, he explains the biggest challenges for the defense, namely, how much self-defense was truly needed in this case, especially since it turned out to be deadly force.

Also, he says "we don't have 'stand your ground' here in New York," which is another challenge for the defense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197May 16, 2023 6:49 PM

[quote]Pretty sure Neely's absent family will be around to cash in when they win a massive lawsuit. Where the fuck were they when he needed help?

You don't know his story or family. You don't know if they have been trying to get him help and he refused it and they were unable. Look at Amanda Bynes. Her family has all the resources in the world to get her help and she still ended up wandering around naked in downtown LA after multiple stints in a facility.

So you can't say that they didn't do anything if you don't know that they didn't do anything.

by Anonymousreply 198May 16, 2023 6:55 PM

All I know for sure is one thing. The subhuman monster (not animal, mind you. Monster) will not be randomly sucker-punching any more 67-year-old women or elderly victims in the face, which no doubt troubles many self-hating leftists.

by Anonymousreply 199May 16, 2023 6:59 PM

Remember when we had respect for Marines and veterans, who proudly serve to protect the citizens of our country ?

So there was a man on the subway threatening to harm innocent people sitting in the car, who already has a record of 42 arrests of putting fellow citizens in dangerous situations, and a marine steps in to keep these people safe. And now we turn on the marine ?

by Anonymousreply 200May 16, 2023 6:59 PM

Did Penny know about his arrest record? No.

Did Penny have a gun? Also no.

Was Penny loud and maybe even upsetting? Yes.

So this, according to the DL Klan Grannies, merits the death penalty.

To be publicly black and loud and upsetting.

by Anonymousreply 201May 16, 2023 7:05 PM

[quote]Remember when we had respect for Marines and veterans, who proudly serve to protect the citizens of our country ?

When was the last time the US Military did anything that protected the citizens of the US?

by Anonymousreply 202May 16, 2023 7:07 PM

[QUOTE] Was Penny loud and maybe even upsetting? Yes.

Maybe you meant “Neely” here.

[QUOTE] Did Penny have a gun? Also no

Again, you seem to be confusing the names of the two main characters here.

by Anonymousreply 203May 16, 2023 7:14 PM

[quote]Video showed Penny putting Neely in a chokehold on May 1 following outbursts from Neely on an F train. Several witnesses observed Neely making threats, Steinglass told the judge. Penny held Neely for several minutes, and at some point Neely stopped moving, but Penny continued to hold him for a period of time, Steinglass said.

[quote]Some witnesses reportedly told police that Neely was yelling and harassing passengers on the train, authorities said. Police sources told ABC News that Penny was not specifically being threatened by Neely when he intervened and that Neely had not become violent and had not been threatening anyone in particular.

[quote]In an earlier statement, Penny's attorneys offered "condolences to those close to Mr. Neely" and claimed, "Mr. Neely began aggressively threatening Daniel," and that the Marine veteran and others "acted to protect themselves."

Everybody's favorite new DL boyfriend held Neely in a chokehold until he died and then continued to hold him for minutes afterwards.

People can agree that Neely was right to step up and intervene but still disagree that he did so in a way that wouldn't result in his death. He went beyond subduing Neely. He held him in a chokehold for 15 minutes. That's what people are objecting to.

And the police say Neely never threatened Penny but Penny says he was being aggressively threatened. So someone isn't right there and people can decide who they believe-the cops or Penny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204May 16, 2023 7:19 PM

Who will play him in the Law & Order "ripped from the headlines" episode?

by Anonymousreply 205May 16, 2023 7:19 PM

[quote]People can agree that Neely was right to step up and intervene but still disagree that he did so in a way that wouldn't result in his death.

Uhh.....

by Anonymousreply 206May 16, 2023 7:21 PM

[QUOTE] To be publicly black and loud and upsetting.

But why act that way when you know other people don't like it?

by Anonymousreply 207May 16, 2023 7:22 PM

[quote]Remember when we had respect for Marines and veterans, who proudly serve to protect the citizens of our country ?

We still do. But Neely was a US citizen as well and he didn't help him, he killed him. That's not what we ask the Marines to do.

by Anonymousreply 208May 16, 2023 7:27 PM

The Neely's lawyer explains Jordan's unfortunate past, his attempts to deal with his own pain by performing and making people smile, and how mental health services failed him.

He also explains that, ultimately, Jordan Neely didn't attack anyone, and that he didn't deserve to be killed for being viewed as a bad person suffering from a mental crisis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209May 16, 2023 7:30 PM

The problem is people are on edge due to stabbings on the subway, and random attacks above ground. An out of control but harmless screaming man is no longer seen as harmless by riders.

by Anonymousreply 210May 16, 2023 7:33 PM

[QUOTE] He also explains that, ultimately, Jordan Neely didn't attack anyone

He verbally attacked everyone on the subway car.

I also saw a video of him from another incident where he shoved a woman towards a waiting train that she hit her head on. She wasn’t even talking or looking at him.

by Anonymousreply 211May 16, 2023 7:34 PM

Can you post that video, R211?

by Anonymousreply 212May 16, 2023 7:35 PM

[Quote]I also saw a video of him from another incident where he shoved a woman towards a waiting train that she hit her head on. She wasn’t even talking or looking at him.

That incident doesn't apply to this one, and Penny wouldn't have known about that, either.

by Anonymousreply 213May 16, 2023 7:36 PM

[quote] This is textbook depraved indifference homicide, kids.

You are a total idiot. Don't quit your job at McDonald's.

[quote] the biggest challenges for the defense, namely, how much self-defense was truly needed in this case, especially since it turned out to be deadly force.

That's not quite the analysis you would make. Administering a chokehold is not the use of deadly force. Just because someone dies doesn't not make the act deadly force. Eg, if you come at me threatening to punch me & my partner in the nose and I push you away defending myself and my partner and you fall and die from hitting your head, that does not turn the push into lethal force. The push was reasonable and I was justified in pushing you. Your death would be an accident. NY State has a "justifiable" action defense.

If Penny was justified in restraining Neely and a chokehold was a non-lethal, reasonable use of force to restrain and disable him and Neely dies - the death does not turn a reasonable use of non-lethal force into a lethal use of force.

If the witnesses stating that Neely was threatening death and/or to harm them are accurate, then lethal force actually may have been reasonable. Eg, if it had been an elderly woman with no means to restrain or physically fight off Neely as he threatened her with violence, would she have been justified in shooting him dead? Yes.

by Anonymousreply 214May 16, 2023 7:39 PM

former gov of NYC, can't remember his name but he's blind said he shouldn't have been charged.

by Anonymousreply 215May 16, 2023 7:40 PM

R214, wow, are you a lawyer or legal expert?

by Anonymousreply 216May 16, 2023 7:41 PM

[QUOTE] That incident doesn't apply to this one, and Penny wouldn't have known about that, either.

How do you know what he knew and didn’t? He could have seen the incident on Twitter where many others saw it.

by Anonymousreply 217May 16, 2023 7:49 PM

R216, yes to both.

by Anonymousreply 218May 16, 2023 7:56 PM

I support this young man. It's about time someone did something to these subway gangsters.

In Toronto, over the last year there has been countless murders, stabbing, women set on fire, sexual harrassments on the subway.

The police don't seem to be doing anything. I wish there were more people like this brave hero riding the subway

by Anonymousreply 219May 16, 2023 8:03 PM

[quote]former gov of NYC, can't remember his name but he's blind said he shouldn't have been charged.

JFC, the stupidity contained in this short sentence is astounding.

by Anonymousreply 220May 16, 2023 8:15 PM

Beautiful White HERO puts down a feral black loser. Now he's a millionaire hero!

by Anonymousreply 221May 16, 2023 8:25 PM

I just found this online. Using a chokehold is a common way to de-escalate:

by Anonymousreply 222May 16, 2023 8:25 PM

whoops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223May 16, 2023 8:25 PM

Charging him with second degree manslaughter seems about right. I'm willing to wait to see if the prosecution can make the case that excessive force was used. I tend to think yes, if the choke was applied too long (even if it was not precisely 15 minutes). The devil will be in the details and so let them come out in court.

If excessive force was used then what Neeley was doing beforehand is probably legally unimportant but even there I am inclined to think he was not a imminent threat. Buy again let the two sides make their cases.

In summary, the charge us reasonable, and it is probable he will be found guilty but the details and arguments may prove otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 224May 16, 2023 8:26 PM

Hot as f*ck. I'd be all over that like a bad suit. If he needs someone to hold his hand during the trial, I'm glad to help.

by Anonymousreply 225May 16, 2023 8:33 PM

This isn't about racism solely because a white man killed a black man, it's about racism because the homeless and mentally ill population are disproportionately black. Society failed Neely, every step of the way. I ride the subway every day and can't count the number of times I felt my safety was in question because I was trapped in a car with a broken, ranting, raving person who had nothing to lose. Penny couldn't have known Neely's history, but his instincts were right to assume he had the potential to act on his verbal threats. That does not mean he had the right to kill him, though I do not believe that was his intention.

by Anonymousreply 226May 16, 2023 8:37 PM

Daniel has such chewable nipples.

by Anonymousreply 227May 16, 2023 8:52 PM

R70 ?????????????

Since when is the Roman Empire a first world nation. The Roman Empire existed in the 3rd century you fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 228May 16, 2023 9:32 PM

There were two other men with Penny when he was restraining Neely in a chokehold. One is black, the other appeared to be either white or maybe Latino.

Why didn't they push Penny away and yell, 'You're killing him!' or something similar. Why didn't they take any action to save Neely's life ? They were both inches away from Neely's head and body.

Why haven't they been mentioned when Al Sharpton, Joy Reid and Sunny Hostin discuss the case ?

Hostin is a former prosecutor - certainly, she knows they are now considered accomplices to this murder, as they were participating in restraint. Why hasn't she asked why they were not arrested ?

There's so much more to what looks like a cut-n-dry case.

by Anonymousreply 229May 16, 2023 9:54 PM

So in reading a little more I'm not sure how much mental health services failed him as he was often seen and approached by treatment teams plus was also meant to be staying in a court ordered facility but didn't. Not saying they could have done more but it seems he didn't meet the threshold for involuntary detention

by Anonymousreply 230May 16, 2023 9:54 PM

Where was Neely's family a month ago ? They were quick to come out of hiding in the past two weeks to hire lawyers. start a GFM page, and praise Jordan to the skies. So where were they for the past month ?

by Anonymousreply 231May 16, 2023 10:02 PM

His mother was murdered and dumped by a freeway in a suitcase when he was 14. He then went to foster care. Not sure if he had siblings but that suggests he didn't have any older family who were able to take him in.

by Anonymousreply 232May 16, 2023 10:04 PM

R232 What about the family members who are now suing on his behalf ? I believe that includes his Aunt Carolyn and his biological father.

by Anonymousreply 233May 16, 2023 10:16 PM

How much has he raised as of now? I can't find it.

Something tells me he's gonna need it.

by Anonymousreply 234May 16, 2023 10:19 PM

Yesterday on 'The View' , Hostin claimed he raised over $6M.

by Anonymousreply 235May 16, 2023 10:20 PM

[quote]BLM is profitable.

by Anonymousreply 236May 16, 2023 10:23 PM

So if you in any way support this man (i.e. you think he's entitled to a fair trial and think the circumstances surrounding the other man's death are not clear cut and worthy of investigation, especially as there are at least 2 other men involved) then you are RACIST. Got it.

Only in America.

by Anonymousreply 237May 16, 2023 10:39 PM

There's only black or white...no gray in between. Literally..

by Anonymousreply 238May 16, 2023 10:54 PM

[quote] I have been searching for that film for years

The only movie joining together Martin Sheen, Thelma Ritter, and Ed McMahon

It actually is good. I occasionally see it turn up on the ScreenPlex movie channels.

by Anonymousreply 239May 17, 2023 12:27 AM

Any true New Yorker who has been stuck on an express train ride only to witness a fight break out in between stops when just trying to get home or to work, likely feels for Penny. So many dark-skinned black guys wild out in public only to be surprised and crying foul when they end up in police custody or better yet, dead. Good riddance to thug trash adding to the chaos in New York. People are tired of it. I'll be damned if we end up like California. It's harder to act a fool outside once winter comes. Being crazy is no excuse to make life hell for others. Hope Penny gets off. His curls are beautiful even if the face is rough.

by Anonymousreply 240May 17, 2023 12:36 AM

[QUOTE] To be publicly black and loud and upsetting.

No, not "upsetting" but menacing. People called 911 before this altercation began. Do you know how bad he must have been for people to call 911 while riding a subway train?!?!?!

Also, the chokehold for 15 minutes seems unlikely, at best.

by Anonymousreply 241May 17, 2023 1:05 AM

2.52 MILLION now and rising.

by Anonymousreply 242May 17, 2023 1:38 AM

Welcome, Breitshart trolls!

Some hot BBC tranny porn for y'all.

Enjoy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243May 17, 2023 1:45 AM

[quote]So if you in any way support this man (i.e. you think he's entitled to a fair trial and think the circumstances surrounding the other man's death are not clear cut and worthy of investigation, especially as there are at least 2 other men involved) then you are RACIST. Got it.

Nobody even remotely said this but do continue to argue with your prefixed narrative.

by Anonymousreply 244May 17, 2023 1:46 AM

[quote]So if you in any way support this man (i.e. you think he's entitled to a fair trial and think the circumstances surrounding the other man's death are not clear cut and worthy of investigation, especially as there are at least 2 other men involved) then you are RACIST. Got it.

Tell us you turn everything into 'racism' without telling us you turn everything into 'racism'. Ignore everything else about the case - just focus on one thing: race. Got it. Only in America.

by Anonymousreply 245May 17, 2023 2:00 AM

R245 That's exactly the point, you're agreeing.

by Anonymousreply 246May 17, 2023 2:25 AM

USD $ 2,535,051

52,163 donors

by Anonymousreply 247May 17, 2023 2:38 AM

It really bothers me that this has been turned into a race thing. This is a mental illness thing and making it about race cheapens it and takes the spotlight off what should be the real focus.

by Anonymousreply 248May 17, 2023 2:39 AM

I hereby proclaim it legal to kill anybody using the term "woketard".

It threatens me.

by Anonymousreply 249May 17, 2023 2:41 AM

Darker skinned blacks are so fucked up from enduring daily micro-discriminations and inheriting the compounded trauma of slavery that many of the ones who grew up in urban poverty simply don't know how not to be products of their fucked up environments, wrinkled genetics, subpar education, problematic friends, and ill-suited parents.

They act like fools in public on the regular as the screams of whipped slaves course through their blood-brain barrier clamoring the refrain, "avenge me now!" The only thing strong enough to stop them is the hot, indignant rage of a white person so possessed by the vengeful Albionic masters who screech across time, "silence and subdue that obsidian beast at once!"

by Anonymousreply 250May 17, 2023 2:55 AM

R194: except in this age of enthusiastic crowdfunding, Goetz would have been able to pay off the fines easily, with generous support from an appreciative public

by Anonymousreply 251May 17, 2023 2:59 AM

It's just really important to me that Justin Timberlake doesn't play him in subsequent films or tv shows about this...

by Anonymousreply 252May 17, 2023 3:06 AM

R252: Jussie Timberlake is 42, Penny is 24, so: not too likely

by Anonymousreply 253May 17, 2023 3:11 AM

The Greeks were right: beautiful = Good!

by Anonymousreply 254May 17, 2023 3:27 AM

[quote] Darker skinned blacks are so fucked up from enduring daily micro-discriminations and inheriting the compounded trauma of slavery

Micro-discriminations and Palmolive dish washing soap

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255May 17, 2023 4:04 AM

And CNN wonders why it’s bombing in the ratings. It’s pushing narratives like they’re doing to start a race war to get ratings.

by Anonymousreply 256May 17, 2023 6:35 AM

He can amass all the money in the world, a jury is going to do whatever it wants to do. Vigilantism is no way to go about things and choking that man to death was crazy. He may as well have put his knee on the guy's neck and killed him on the street for passing a counterfeit $20.

Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. I hope Daniel does some serious time for this shit and I hope the victim's family can get some of that $2.5 mil.

by Anonymousreply 257May 17, 2023 7:10 AM

I hope R257 seeks psychiatric help soon.

by Anonymousreply 258May 17, 2023 11:04 AM

Chasing headlines: GOP presidential candidate Nikki Haley said New York Gov. Kathy Hochul (D) should pardon Daniel Penny, who was arrested in relation to the killing of Jordan Neely on a New York City subway earlier this month.

Haley slammed Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg for charging Penny in the case, saying that Bragg is allowing crime to happen throughout the city but is going after someone who acted naturally to “defend and protect.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259May 17, 2023 12:05 PM

She’s pulling out all the tricks, isn’t she, R259? The GOP will ultimately just “Next!” her - she isn’t white.

by Anonymousreply 260May 17, 2023 12:20 PM

Presidential pardons go to people who were [bold]CONVICTED[/bold].

Fucking morons.

by Anonymousreply 261May 17, 2023 12:35 PM

Why aren't you carrying pepper spray on the train R226? Is that banned in NY too now?

by Anonymousreply 262May 17, 2023 1:59 PM

[quote]Presidential pardons go to people who were CONVICTED. Fucking morons.

Uh, what?

by Anonymousreply 263May 17, 2023 2:15 PM

[QUOTE] I hope the victim's family can get some of that $2.5 mil.

But the victim's family are the ones who abandoned Jordan Neely and destroyed his life.

by Anonymousreply 264May 17, 2023 2:17 PM

You can donate to Jordan Neely's GoFundMe at the link, which is now at $144,513.

Despite what r264 said, I think they did care, but were frustrated by the difficulties of dealing with a family member with mental health issues. Many Dataloungers can certainly relate to that, although they'd never admit it in this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265May 17, 2023 2:50 PM

[quote] He verbally attacked everyone on the subway car.

Oh no!!! How horrible!! He should be killed!

by Anonymousreply 266May 17, 2023 3:07 PM

[quote] But the victim's family are the ones who abandoned Jordan Neely and destroyed his life.

The lack of mental health and social services is what abandoned Neely

by Anonymousreply 267May 17, 2023 3:08 PM

[quote] Haley slammed Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg for charging Penny in the case, saying that Bragg is allowing crime to happen throughout the city but is going after someone who acted naturally to “defend and protect.”

The ONLY crime in that moment was a guy being killing. Bragg is responding to that crime. WTF is Haley blabbering about?

by Anonymousreply 268May 17, 2023 3:10 PM

[quote] Of course Sunny Hostin is turning this into racial hate crime. Has to remind the viewers that the “victim” was a black man.

Um, all the conservatives donating to the guy's defense fund are doing so solely because the charge man is white and the victim, black.

They made this racial

by Anonymousreply 269May 17, 2023 3:13 PM

This case has opened up a nationwide debate:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270May 17, 2023 3:56 PM

In cases like this, I always love how they pull out the best pictures to try and gain sympathy. That photo in r270 was not the Jordan Neely who was acting like a fool on Subway.

by Anonymousreply 271May 17, 2023 4:04 PM

[quote]And then there is [R124], a broke ass bitch still living in mom's baasement at age 38, complrtely unable to function in any productive wsy, cheeiring on a murderous vigilante, screaming in self righteous indignation about "wokeism."

English, please!

by Anonymousreply 272May 17, 2023 4:06 PM

He needs to get rid of that Justin Timberlake circa 2000 hair.

by Anonymousreply 273May 17, 2023 4:11 PM

[Quote]He needs to get rid of that Justin Timberlake circa 2000 hair.

He's probably growing it out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274May 17, 2023 4:18 PM

R265 What are we donating to Neeley for? He is already dead.

by Anonymousreply 275May 17, 2023 4:36 PM

R275 Money to pay for his funeral expenses.

[Quote]ALL DONATIONS WILL BE GOING TOWARD JORDAN'S FUNERAL AND EXPENSES RELATED TO HIS BURIAL AND THE PUBLIC VIEWING WE WILL BE HOLDING.

by Anonymousreply 276May 17, 2023 4:47 PM

They need 144K for a funeral?

by Anonymousreply 277May 17, 2023 4:53 PM

I'm getting a Matthew Gray Gubler vibe from Penny.

by Anonymousreply 278May 17, 2023 4:54 PM

[quote]They need 144K for a funeral?

4K for the funeral. 140K is for the grift.

by Anonymousreply 279May 17, 2023 5:10 PM

Jordan Neely’s family is majorly grifting. Will the funeral resemble Juanita Moore’s in “Imitation of Life”?

by Anonymousreply 280May 17, 2023 5:13 PM

Dancing Pallbearers are not cheap, r277.

by Anonymousreply 281May 17, 2023 5:30 PM

[quote] Oh no!!! How horrible!! He should be killed!

^ The shortbus brigade.

by Anonymousreply 282May 17, 2023 5:32 PM

How big is Penny’s dick?

by Anonymousreply 283May 17, 2023 5:33 PM

I realize Neely was profoundly ill, but he still loved to perform. Why wasn't he working as a busker? He surely would have made enough to get something to eat. And it would be more constructive than criming. On another note, it's funny nobody around the incident was begging Penny to let go, like the bystanders in George Floyd's case did.

by Anonymousreply 284May 17, 2023 6:51 PM

[quote]I realize Neely was profoundly ill, but he still loved to perform. Why wasn't he working as a busker?

Gee, r284, who knows?

by Anonymousreply 285May 17, 2023 6:53 PM

Michael Jackson died twice!

by Anonymousreply 286May 17, 2023 6:55 PM

R216 I am an criminal defense attorney, and the issues in this case really involve three matters: 1.) Did Neely present an immediate physical threat to anyone? Did he physically approach anyone on that train that couldn't defend themselves? Did he make movements toward anyone in an aggressive manner, or threaten to use a weapon? If he did then we move to number two 2.) Was that person unable to defend themselves. Defense of others, just like self defense, doesn't rest on your feelings that someone else is in danger. There has to be proof that the danger was growing and there were signs to prove it. 3.) If it was for defense of others you must meet that force with equal force - you can't bring a gun to a knife fight. If Neely was dangerous where was his weapon? If all he had was his loud mouth and blackness- that is not a threat that can be justified by a 15 minute chokehold. The chokehold is deadly because of the way Penny learned it. He didn't learn it in a safety class, but on Paris Island where it is taught as a way to subdue your enemy, and can be fatal if used correctly. Penny's chokehold would have subdued Neely after a few minutes, but 15 minutes suggest an anger that was unnecessary to control whatever violence Penny could have been facing from an unarmed man. He may be guilty of involuntary manslaughter or wrongful death ( although that is a civil issue).

I would also ask for a venue change if I was the DA. Getting a jury in NYC that has not been in the same position as those subway riders will be like looking for a virgin on VE- Day. The better defense for Penny would be if he mistaken some object in Neely's procession that he thought posed a great harm in the moment.

by Anonymousreply 287May 17, 2023 7:10 PM

Is Penny Wise?

by Anonymousreply 288May 17, 2023 7:15 PM

[quote]On another note, it's funny nobody around the incident was begging Penny to let go, like the bystanders in George Floyd's case did.

Another passenger did urge Penny to let go and it was captured on audio. So far WPIX/Channel 11 is the only station I know of that's aired the audio, however.

by Anonymousreply 289May 17, 2023 7:45 PM

R287, LOL.

[quote] Defense of others, just like self defense, doesn't rest on your feelings that someone else is in danger.

It absolutely matters what people believed. You're trying to negate that by using the word "feelings". It is a reasonable person standard, but a belief nonetheless. If you want to call if feelings then fine but feelings are just another word for belief.

There does not have to be escalating danger in my jurisdiction. Is that an essential element in your jurisdiction?

[quote] Was that person unable to defend themselves.

Absolutely not required. When was the last time you read your jury instructions on self-defense?

[quote] if it was for defense of others you must meet that force with equal force

Penny did not knife him or shoot him. He didn't even spray mace in his face. He restrained him. The fact that Neely died is a separate issue from whether Penny had the right or, as per NY State code, "justification" to restrain Neely. it goes without question that Penny had the right to restrain Neely - both for self-defense and for defense of others. A chokehold is not lethal force no matter the scare stories you hear about it. It is a common use of restraint to incapacitate someone - which is why is comes with a recovery component which Penny used almost immediately after Neely stopped fighting.

Personally after 35 years of defending people similarly charged, I think a higher level of resistance could have legally been justified, eg. he could have punched Neely in the face or hit him in the head with an object. As you should know, no weapon is required to assert a self-defense claim. Many people are killed by personal weapons (hands, feet) in fact, more so than are killed by AR-15s. See FBI stats.

There is evidence via witness statements that Neely threatened people with physical violence and used phrasing that a reasonable person could understand as threats to physically harm or even kill. (re: I don't mind going to jail for life) and in fact, a witness did say that Neely threatened to physically attack passengers.

We cannot say yet if the chokehold was 15 minutes. A restraint applied as a chokehold would have incapacitated Neely in maybe 2 minutes at most. Just because there was an arm around his neck area does not necessarily mean that Penny was actually applying a chokehold. That may have been the best position to restrain him but be ready to use the chokehold if necessary. Witness statements (more evidence) was that Neely kept resisting and fighting until near the end of the restraint.

Your assumption that Penny must have intended to use a chokehold to kill him because of how he was trained is an inference too far.

by Anonymousreply 290May 17, 2023 7:48 PM

Some of you bitches are living proof that a Klan hood combined with a babydoll nightie isn't an attractive look.

by Anonymousreply 291May 17, 2023 11:23 PM

What's been depressing to me is how people on both sides of this issue seem so naive about the other side's POV.

I am not surprised that the assholes on the right have had no sympathy for Jordan Neely or his family, but I'm sad to realize that at this point I am equally not surprised assholes on the left like r291 think this is as clear-cut as the George Floyd killing and that Daniel Penny (who was not a cop, much less an on-duty cop) is indefensible.

by Anonymousreply 292May 18, 2023 12:25 AM

He did not intend to kill him.

by Anonymousreply 293May 18, 2023 12:41 AM

R292 Nothing is indefensible in the American legal system.

by Anonymousreply 294May 18, 2023 1:51 AM

[quote]Jordan Neely’s family is majorly grifting. Will the funeral resemble Juanita Moore’s in “Imitation of Life”?

Sadly, Mahalia Jackson is no longer available.

by Anonymousreply 295May 18, 2023 1:57 AM

R292, you just described yourself. Were you looking in the mirror when you posted that?

by Anonymousreply 296May 18, 2023 2:45 AM

If he’s convicted, Trump Wins

by Anonymousreply 297May 18, 2023 2:50 AM

Sunny Hostin doesn’t talk about the black guy assisting him because it doesn’t fit her narrative. Where the hell was the dead guy’s family when he was alive? Now that he is dead, they see opportunities for some cash to come their way. Trash! You know that if Sunny Hostin were to ever get booted from the show, she’d play the race card.

by Anonymousreply 298May 18, 2023 5:53 AM

r287, I doubt very much you're an attorney. If you are, you must rank up there with some of the worst attorneys this country has to offer. As the old joke goes, someone has to graduate at the bottom of their class.

[quote]3.) If it was for defense of others you must meet that force with equal force - you can't bring a gun to a knife fight.

JFC. Have you read even one justification statute on the books? One?

So you're suggesting if someone pulls a knife on me on the street, I have to find a knife that I can get to defend myself? Are you for fucking real?

by Anonymousreply 299May 18, 2023 1:35 PM

Literal much?

by Anonymousreply 300May 18, 2023 1:54 PM

Well we certainly know that R299 isn't a lawyer.

Keep coming up with pseudo-legal horseshit to defend manslaughter. It's amusing in a sick way.

by Anonymousreply 301May 18, 2023 2:02 PM

USD $ 2,629,701

54,008 contributors

by Anonymousreply 302May 18, 2023 2:23 PM

Can he collect the money any time?

by Anonymousreply 303May 18, 2023 2:26 PM

I'm asking because (one of) my mother's friend died in the US almost a year ago, and her son created a GoFundMe, but never collected the money. Do you have to specify how long you are open for donations?

by Anonymousreply 304May 18, 2023 2:31 PM

^^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305May 18, 2023 2:31 PM

R299 what an asshole you are for lambasting me over a simple idea. What I was saying idiot was that you can't put up a force against another in self- defense, or defense of others, that is out side the scope of the danger. So if Neely had pulled a gun then another gun can be used to subdue him- but if he has no weapon you can't use a gun to subdue him because it's not warranted.

As for being an attorney I doubt that you have read a criminal anything. I detest people like you who are so negative and mean right off the bat but without one piece of evidence to prove I am wrong. Just saying I am is not enough.

by Anonymousreply 306May 18, 2023 3:10 PM

I think we will see more incidents of civilians protecting themselves because people are now well aware that the police, politicians and legal institutions have no intentions of protecting us.

by Anonymousreply 307May 18, 2023 4:09 PM

R303 - He can't collect any of it as it was started by his attorneys strictly for their benefit (with excess to charity). None of it is his to collect, which apparently people donating to it are unaware of.

by Anonymousreply 308May 18, 2023 5:46 PM

Thanks, r308!

by Anonymousreply 309May 18, 2023 5:53 PM

R308 So this was set up by and for his attorneys, correct ? To make certain they get paid ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, please !

by Anonymousreply 310May 18, 2023 6:00 PM

R310 - Yes, that is correct. On another thread, someone else explained the entire structure, who gets what and why. NONE of it goes to Penny, other than to pay bills. Which will surprise and disappoint the shit out of the people on here cheering about all the money he is making.

by Anonymousreply 311May 18, 2023 8:23 PM

[quote] but if he has no weapon you can't use a gun to subdue him because it's not warranted.

R287/R306, you absolutely can.

As I stated previously more people are killed by personal weapons (hands/feet) than by AR-15s. As you should know it all depends on the facts and circumstances of the situation. But someone strangling me can legally get a bullet to stop them. Depending on my physical ability (smaller female, senior citizen) I can use a gun to prevent a head injury.

Michael Brown was legally shot dead when he possessed no weapon except his superior physical ability and his coming at the cop.

During an argument in a movie theater, a senior citizen was acquitted of shooting and killing a younger, bigger man who threw popcorn at him and then appeared to the senior citizen to be coming at him again.

As I also stated before you do not have to wait to be injured or killed before you take action to protect yourself. Obviously, it must be reasonable protective action, but protecting yourself from imminent death OR serious physical injury (and that's not as horrible an injury as some people may think) allows the use of lethal force. You just have to convince the jury that you reasonably feared imminent serious bodily injury or death.

Everything we've learned so far about the Penny case seems to justify the restraint for sure as well as the resultant death. The defense will have its own medical expert to opine on the cause of death. Have we even learned of the tox reports yet? MEs can be politically motivated and don't just give their opinion based on medical evidence - which in this case he didn't even include all of it - before he issued his opinion. ME reports are also subject to manipulation for political and other reasons. As we learned with the Freddie Gray case when the State's Attorney on Balitmore manipulated the ME to change their initial holding.

In DC we had an ME some time back who would always testify that the death of any child under one year was murder. He's come up with all kinds of reasons for it and comparisons. That seems unbelievable now, but unfortunately his testimony was believed by many juries. Thankfully medical research caught up with these agenda-driven MEs and provided defense attorneys the ammunition to challenge their so-called "expertise" with non-agenda-driven expert opinions. This has not only helped defendants, but also decent prosecutors aren't interested in prosecuting people who did not kill their children.

by Anonymousreply 312May 18, 2023 9:14 PM

𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐀𝐥 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐩𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐮𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐉𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐧 𝐍𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐲'𝐬 𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

HARLEM, Manhattan (WABC) -- More than two weeks after his death, Jordan Neely will be laid to rest Friday morning.

Neely's death on a New York City subway train sparked protests.

Daniel Penny, 24, attempted to subdue Neely on an F train on May 1. Neely was reportedly experiencing a mental health episode at the time.

Cellphone video showed Penny, a former Marine, holding Neely in a chokehold until he passed out.

First responders were unable to revive Neely, and he was later pronounced dead at Lenox Hill Hospital.

His cause of death was later ruled a homicide by a medical examiner.

On May 12, Penny was arraigned on a manslaughter charge and was released after posting bail.

The services for Neely will take place at the Mount Neboh Baptist Church in Harlem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313May 19, 2023 8:53 AM

This will Only help Penny lol ☝🏼

by Anonymousreply 314May 19, 2023 9:24 AM

R313, Will the funeral have a Michael Jackson theme?

by Anonymousreply 315May 19, 2023 11:27 AM

[quote]𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐀𝐥 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐩𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐮𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐉𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐧 𝐍𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐲'𝐬 𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

Oh brother!🙄

by Anonymousreply 316May 19, 2023 1:01 PM

Al Sharpton should be doing perpetual penance for Tawanna Brawly. He helped destroy that girl.

by Anonymousreply 317May 20, 2023 12:20 AM

Yaaah. Chewy nipples guy has bested drug fucked homophobic creep.

by Anonymousreply 318May 20, 2023 12:36 AM

Exactly r318 😉❤️

by Anonymousreply 319May 20, 2023 1:26 AM

Unbiased coverage by the Guardian

𝑱𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒂𝒏 𝑵𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒘𝒂𝒔 ‘𝒔𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑’, 𝑨𝒍 𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒑𝒕𝒐𝒏 𝒔𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒇𝒖𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒍 𝒆𝒖𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒚

At the funeral at a Harlem church on Friday, Sharpton railed against vigilantism and called for more support for the man’s family.

“What happened to Jordan was a crime, and this family shouldn’t have to stand by themselves,” the New York politician and civil rights activist said at the service, which was attended by officials including Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

On Friday morning in Harlem, the majority Black neighborhood steeped in civil rights history, Sharpton told mourners Neely’s life should be celebrated “but we should not ignore how he died”.

Many said Penny was quick to use unjustified deadly force on a Black man who posed no real threat. There were demonstrations in the subway and on the streets of New York in the days after Neely was killed.

Others argue that Penny was trying to protect people on the train and shouldn’t be punished, with these arguments part of 𝒂 𝒈𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕-𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒅𝒍𝒚 𝒅𝒆𝒇𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒎𝒑𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝑷𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒚.

Sharpton noted that Florida’s Republican governor Ron DeSantis, expected to run for the White House, called Penny a “good Samaritan” last week and that he shared a fundraising link for Penny’s legal defense.

Sharpton said the parable of the good Samaritan is about coming to the aid of someone in need.

“A good Samaritan helps those in trouble,” Sharpton said. “They don’t choke him out.”

Local elected officials including congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the New York lieutenant governor, Antonio Delgado, were among the hundreds attending the funeral, which was at the same church where the funeral for Neely’s mother, Christie Neely, was held after she was murdered when Jordan was 14.

------------------

Lovely photo of heartbroken AOC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320May 20, 2023 3:55 AM

𝐔𝐒𝐃 $ 𝟐,𝟔𝟖𝟔,𝟗𝟓𝟕

55,017 contributors

by Anonymousreply 321May 20, 2023 4:43 AM

AOC there, thanking Jesus for what this does for her career.

by Anonymousreply 322May 20, 2023 6:14 AM

Her city.

by Anonymousreply 323May 20, 2023 6:16 AM

Has it reached $3 million yet? Hope so.

by Anonymousreply 324May 20, 2023 7:40 AM

R320, Was Sunny Hostin there, who said on “The View” that she would have offered Jordan food, water and money if she had been on that subway car?

by Anonymousreply 325May 20, 2023 10:41 AM

Once again Al Sharpton stokes the flames of racism. Without it, he wouldn’t have had a career. Sunny Hostin is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 326May 20, 2023 10:43 AM

[quote] Al Sharpton should be doing perpetual penance for Tawanna Brawly. He helped destroy that girl.

She lied.

by Anonymousreply 327May 20, 2023 10:51 AM

What disgusts me about this case, where was Neely's father while he was living on the streets the past few years? An old childhood friend had been looking for him, he was interviewed by the NY Daily News.

Neely's mom was brutally murdered by a BF, he stuffed her body into a suitcase and left it out on the street, pretty sure that would bring an already mental unstable person over the edge.

The health field failed this man, as did the ACLU, they want mentally ill people to have their autonomy, yet, the ACLU seem to have few answers when a mentally ill person is violent and a threat to themselves and the public. This situation also goes back to Ronald Reagan, he closed the mental hospitals, that was surely about money. Mayor Adams did propose that many of these violent mentally ill people be taken off the streets and put in mental wards, but the ACLU, as well as NY activists. have protested this. So exactly WHAT is the solution? There are many like Neely still out there.

All the GOP cares about is money, they are always flapping their lips about there being too many 'freebie' social service programs, that's their mantra! However, they will give massive tax cuts to the already wealthy.

Now we'll see this man's phony grieving relatives coming out of the woodwork, mostly because they are planning to ca$h in on this man's death. This wouldn't be the first time a family comes out of the woodwork to cash in on the controversial death of a homeless mentally ill person.

by Anonymousreply 328May 20, 2023 10:57 AM

[quote]Was Sunny Hostin there, who said on “The View” that she would have offered Jordan food, water and money if she had been on that subway car?

More bullshit. When was the last time Sunny parked her rich ass on a subway seat? A car, paid for by ABC, takes her to and from work everyday. These phonies all need to STFU!

by Anonymousreply 329May 20, 2023 11:08 AM

Why is everyone making this about race? He didn’t go to the subway to “kill a black person”. The BLACK person was menacing passengers and had 42 priors, many assaulting people and 2019 he tried to KIDNAP a 7yr old girl! He was not someone who should’ve been on the streets. He has severe mental illness and violent tendencies. Sadly he didn’t have a chance since his own father didn’t let him live with him as a teen, his aunt barely helped him so he was homeless his whole life (his mum died when he was 14 then he had a mental breakdown and his world collapsed) The marine was trying to diffuse an auto from becoming violent or worse, he had two others ONE BEING A BLACK MAN( help him , sadly the frailty of the pedo impersonator and the marine not realizing his own strength cause the death. He wasn’t trying to actively murder him. The fact repugs make him their Rittenhouse 2.0 is vile. He’s the polar opposite of that fat basement dwelling wannabe gun hero. Rittenhouse INTENTIONALLY KILLED innocent protesters. He WENT to the scene. The marine was at the scene and tried to help. Big difference. Al Sharpton making it about race is so predictable. Why don’t he in jail for race baiting? He’s a fraud who concocted a racial incident that never happened (Tawana Brawley )

by Anonymousreply 330May 20, 2023 1:30 PM

R330 because in America EVERYTHING is about race and nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 331May 20, 2023 1:46 PM

Yes, Tawanna Brawly lied. She was a teenager with an abusive stepfather (who did time for killing his wife). She and her mother were scared of what he'd do to her because she had stayed out late so they concocted their crazy story that she had been kidnapped and assaulted by white men.

Had these con men not taken over the story, Tawanna would have had a chance to recant and maybe offered refuse from her stepfather. Tawanna needed help as that age and these men swooped in and kept her from that help.

I remember this story so clearly even to the exact section of the NYTimes I saw the first small article about it because I was so appalled and enraged. By the second article when I learned her stepfather had killed his first wife, I knew she was lying and why. I even remember clearly where that second small article was on the page.

When I was younger I was very angry with Tawanna. As I got older, I realized she was denied the help she needed once those men got their hands on her. I knew she could never walk it back. I hated those hustlers from then on. Maybe someday she can come clean - that would be worth a lot of money for her if she wrote an honest book about it all. But then they'd try to destroy her all over again.

by Anonymousreply 332May 20, 2023 3:40 PM

Compare this thread to the "Wild naked man attacks Florida gym rats" thread. It's about race because certain DLers insist on making any bad thing a black person does because of their race.

by Anonymousreply 333May 20, 2023 6:43 PM

BLESS HIM. the world is one less asshole.

by Anonymousreply 334May 21, 2023 4:24 AM

USD $ 2,708,198

55,364 contributors

Lawyers for the Neely family did not respond to a request for comment. Their own GoFundMe fundraiser has received about $149,000 in donations from about 4,600 contributors.

In a message on the GiveSendGo page they set up, they wrote that proceeds will “pay Mr. Penny’s legal fees incurred from any criminal charges filed and any future civil lawsuits that may arise, as well as expenses related to his defense.”

Any excess funds, according to the lawyers, “will be donated to a mental health advocacy program in New York City.”.

No statement what the Neely relatives will do with their excess funds.

by Anonymousreply 335May 21, 2023 4:30 AM

R334: please talk to your trollfarm supervisor about English verb usage, the difference between "to have" and "to be" in particular.

No beet for your tonight.

by Anonymousreply 336May 21, 2023 7:35 AM

Sunday Morning May 21

USD $ 2,712,995

55,486 contributors

by Anonymousreply 337May 21, 2023 2:09 PM

This is so fucked.

I don't take public transportation, I don't have to. They're both poor in my book, one a marine who had to serve this country for a job. One a homeless man who has to dance on the subway to get by.

There are no police to help either of them. No services to help anyone. No fucking politicians to fix anything, just fucking grandstand and pose for photo-ops.

I'm enraged by this.

by Anonymousreply 338May 21, 2023 3:35 PM

[quote] There are no police to help either of them. No services to help anyone. No fucking politicians to fix anything, just fucking grandstand and pose for photo-ops.

Mesha Mainor has been serving in the Georgia House of Representatives for District 56 since January 2021 and criticized those Democrats who turned against her.

Mainor noted the irony of hearing slogans such as 'Black Lives Matter' during every election cycle yet continued to witness the prioritization of other minority groups, including migrants coming over the southern border, over those of black children living in poverty who struggle with reading.

'It's ironic. I'll say every election year, I hear 'Black Lives Matter.' But do they? I see every other minority being prioritized except Black children living in poverty that can't read,' Mainor went on.

Mainor criticized the allocation of $1 million for immigrant services at the border saying that communities at home are already being neglected.

'We'll send $1 million to the border for immigrant services. But Black communities, not even a shout-out. I'm sorry, I don't agree with this,' she added.

-------------------------

Both sides of the aisle see the problem but the Executive Branch doesn't give a damn as long as it can keep the coyote routes unobstructed

by Anonymousreply 339May 21, 2023 3:51 PM

[quote] Daniel Penny, charged in Jordan Neely death, breaks silence: ‘I am not a white supremacist’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340May 21, 2023 3:56 PM

Enjoys exploring other cultures

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341May 21, 2023 4:00 PM

[quote] He is not a vigilante, Penny said. “I’m a normal guy.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342May 21, 2023 4:01 PM

Did you see the casket for the victim? For a homeless hungry vagrant he had a nice send off. I'm surprised they didn't have a horse drawn carriage for the punk

by Anonymousreply 343May 21, 2023 4:09 PM

R343: yes, it’s nice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344May 21, 2023 4:15 PM

Quite a ceremony

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345May 21, 2023 4:17 PM

R338 MARY!!!

by Anonymousreply 346May 21, 2023 4:19 PM

R340 The moustache ain't helping.

by Anonymousreply 347May 21, 2023 4:23 PM

R341 Damn he was hot! Innocent, I say! Cleared of all charges!

by Anonymousreply 348May 21, 2023 4:23 PM

While you are not wrong R328, the sad fact is that many mentally ill people have very involved families with considerable financial resources and they quickly find out there is fuck all they can do if the person does not want to take their meds.

by Anonymousreply 349May 21, 2023 4:27 PM

[quote]Hero.

[quote] Never underestimate the racial hatred in most Americans.

And here we have on display yet again the polar extremes in our society.

There seems to be little room for the notion that he went overboard in restraining a violent lunatic, but that race doesn’t have to have been part of it because the lunatic was black.

by Anonymousreply 350May 21, 2023 4:33 PM

New shirtless pic of Daniel Penny . . . check out those guns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351May 21, 2023 5:02 PM

R351 The prosecution will use that as evidence of him concealing a lethal weapon.

by Anonymousreply 352May 21, 2023 5:05 PM

R351 NOT GUILTY

by Anonymousreply 353May 21, 2023 5:18 PM

[quote] Yes, Tawanna Brawly lied. She was a teenager with an abusive stepfather (who did time for killing his wife). She and her mother were scared of what he'd do to her because she had stayed out late so they concocted their crazy story that she had been kidnapped and assaulted by white men.

She ruined people’s lives. Tough shit. Had she been a white we wouldn’t hear the end of it.

by Anonymousreply 354May 21, 2023 5:22 PM

That interview with the NY Post? Penny presents himself as a quiet, thoughtful young man, one who came from adversity, but raised with the solid male guidance of relatives. He served his country, but he's not some machismo-driven blockheaded Marine. Not only that, he sys he isn't a racist and his travels have opened his eyes to other countries and appreciation of all peoples. W-H-O-A... I guess you can decide if honest or very, very slick.

by Anonymousreply 355May 21, 2023 5:22 PM

R355 Gee, I wonder which one you're going with.

by Anonymousreply 356May 21, 2023 5:24 PM

The fact that MSNBC employees the likes of Sharpton speaks volumes about them.

by Anonymousreply 357May 21, 2023 5:24 PM

R351, The other blond guy on the left is also quite the hunk.

by Anonymousreply 358May 21, 2023 5:38 PM

R351 meet R341. R353 see R348.

by Anonymousreply 359May 21, 2023 5:47 PM

R359 has nothing better to do on a Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 360May 21, 2023 6:32 PM

R356 - Jesus... just, fuck you. I am not on Penny's side or going with him. You know NOTHING about me, my politics or positions on different subjects.

I simply wrote about the NY Post interview which I took the time to read and think about.

God you are an asshole of the highest order, and exhibit 'A' of why people do not/cannot have conversations online - and with you, probably in real life.

by Anonymousreply 361May 21, 2023 7:43 PM

R361 You got it backwards, hon.

by Anonymousreply 362May 21, 2023 7:46 PM

CUNTIS NON EQUITANT.

by Anonymousreply 363May 21, 2023 8:45 PM

[quote]No statement what the Neely relatives will do with their excess funds.

Pretty sure they will donate an excess funds to Rev Al's Action Network, his tax shelter.

by Anonymousreply 364May 21, 2023 9:10 PM

A "normal guy" who killed someone needlessly.

by Anonymousreply 365May 22, 2023 12:56 AM

Penny is a hero

by Anonymousreply 366May 22, 2023 2:33 AM

He is so hot , He can put me in a choke hold anytime

by Anonymousreply 367May 22, 2023 8:44 AM

It's remarkable the amount raised given that Google is sneakily and scandalously down-rating and hiding the actual funding page. Clearly they're bedevilled with the same nonsense that went on at Twitter before Musk called time on it.

by Anonymousreply 368May 22, 2023 8:57 AM

Is it fashionable for men to look like 80s pervs again?

by Anonymousreply 369May 22, 2023 9:18 AM

He is so hot. The hero we were all waiting for.

by Anonymousreply 370May 22, 2023 9:24 AM

I believe him.

by Anonymousreply 371May 22, 2023 9:32 AM

Oh wow. I feel like I've stumbled into a thread on Breitbart.

by Anonymousreply 372May 22, 2023 9:38 AM

R372 Why? Just because not everything you're reading is an echo chamber of YOUR opinions?

by Anonymousreply 373May 22, 2023 9:52 AM

[quite]Getting a jury in NYC that has not been in the same position as those subway riders will be like looking for a virgin on VE- Day.

LOL I've never heard this before, was everyone dropping their knickers on VE day?

by Anonymousreply 374May 22, 2023 10:46 AM

R374, And how!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375May 22, 2023 11:46 AM

With a public defender he could do fine. Manslaughter 2 is hard to reach here in my opinion. Did he recklessly cause the death of the man? I'm not sure. Would I have jumped in if I thought the train car was threatened, hell no. You get sued if a doctor stepping in and things go right or wrong. But criminally liable? He saw a threat to the people on the car and reacted. As a former Marine did he know the chokehold would lead to death? Don't know. But I hate that this has become a right vs left thing. It's not racial either. It's unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 376May 22, 2023 12:17 PM

[quote]Oh wow. I feel like I've stumbled into a thread on Breitbart.

Not a coincidence. They come over here from Breitbart to shitpost.

Our resident Homocons are a totally different breed of crazy.

by Anonymousreply 377May 22, 2023 12:59 PM

I’ll bet Daniel is getting laid like mad since this incident.

by Anonymousreply 378May 22, 2023 1:02 PM

I thought it must have been something like that R377. You wouldn't have thought they'd want to mix with filthy ho-mo-sex-u-als like us. It's some crazy shit to see on DL.

by Anonymousreply 379May 22, 2023 1:06 PM

al sharpton is a sell out. a remember reading that he's living on the UES now. why should anyone take him seriously?

by Anonymousreply 380May 22, 2023 3:41 PM

[quote]He is so hot , He can put me in a choke hold anytime

I don't think you'll be missed.

by Anonymousreply 381May 22, 2023 4:18 PM

Why do random people come to DL to "shit post", what's the goal? That's so weird 😕

by Anonymousreply 382May 22, 2023 4:36 PM

clearly some of you are blind! he's not hot, not with this hairstyle!

However, if he cut his hair real short, I think he could be very cute.

by Anonymousreply 383May 22, 2023 6:29 PM

Daniel Penny's a [bold]CASTE VICTIM[/bold], y'all.

I just motherfucking can't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384May 22, 2023 8:39 PM

[quote] he's not hot, not with this hairstyle!

He’s EXTREMELY HOT with that hairstyle, fattie!

by Anonymousreply 385May 22, 2023 10:46 PM

I hate the poodle hair too,but theres no denying his body is HAWT ! Nobody really cares about the crazy homeless guy (especially his shiteous family) and when this does finally go to trial most people wont even remember the story.He'll get probation,if that,and walk away with notoriety and millions of dollars. Hell,for that ID have choked out the nut job.

by Anonymousreply 386May 22, 2023 11:22 PM

He has handsome features. I believe that if he was guilty, his looks don’t matter one bit! That’s evil, shallow mentality.

by Anonymousreply 387May 22, 2023 11:36 PM

Monday, May 22, 2023

$2,758,233.00

56,353 Donations

And let's not forget those 42,143 Prayers from the cheap seats

by Anonymousreply 388May 23, 2023 12:13 AM

“He said he had no food, he had no drink, that he was tired and doesn’t care if he goes to jail. He started screaming all these things, took off his jacket, a black jacket that he had, and threw it on the ground.”

Why did this require a chokehold that killed a man?

by Anonymousreply 389May 23, 2023 1:11 AM

Ask the other passengers, R389, who experienced the terror themselves. They were uniform in their remarks to police.

Have you ever been screamed at by a violent schizophrenic black man in NYC? Depending on the setting, it could be very terrifying. It’s happened to me. One crackhead yelled at me last week when I was walking my dog about 10 feet away from him as he dug through his backpack. “Man what are you DOIN’ here? get the FUCK away from me!” I yelled back, “I’m walking my DOG, are you fucking blind or retarded?” Then he started walking toward me, yelling “Shut the FUCK up! Go eat a dick, fuckin’ FAGGOT!” I quickly realized I should have just ignored him. Ultimately I just walked the opposite direction with my dog, and the crackhead went back to rummaging through his bag.

My point is, this shit happens all the time in NYC. Crazy schizo crackheads yelling at total strangers for no reason, threatening us with violence. Often it’s just annoying, but sometimes you really do feel like your life could be in danger. It’s not like we’re unaware of the random, unprovoked, violent attacks —committed with knives, hatchets, guns, fists—that have become somewhat common again in NYC since the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 390May 23, 2023 1:53 AM

R389 = Sunny Hostin

by Anonymousreply 391May 23, 2023 1:57 AM

Accidently murdering someone is still a crime.

by Anonymousreply 392May 23, 2023 2:03 AM

There are good white people and there are bad white people. There are good black people and there are bad black people. It seems like no matter whether a black person is good or bad and something happens to him by the hands of a white person then there is outrage. At what point do we hold black people who are bad, accountable? Many black people have been killed and it was wrong but once in a while it isn't. When someone is threatening and comes across as a danger you have to take their word for it or you may be harmed. I don't believe for a second that this white guy would have even interacted with this black man if he hadn't been threatening and coming across as angry.

What people should be fighting for is help for mental health for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 393May 23, 2023 2:10 AM

So, you're fine with Jordan Neely being killed, R393, go it.

by Anonymousreply 394May 23, 2023 2:13 AM

I am not fine with anyone being killed but I believe his death was an accident. I in no way believe that he was killed on purpose. If this had been a white guy killing a white guy we wouldn't even be talking about this and it would have been written off as an accident almost immediately.

by Anonymousreply 395May 23, 2023 2:16 AM

Having someone in a chokehold for [bold]FIFTEEN FUCKING MINUTES[/bold] is a pretty clear sign of intent to end that person's life.

by Anonymousreply 396May 23, 2023 2:20 AM

^ in and of itself, it actually doesn’t.

by Anonymousreply 397May 23, 2023 2:24 AM

R396, please refer to informed commentary at R290 and r312.

by Anonymousreply 398May 23, 2023 2:27 AM

Wow, he's gonna reach $3M. I could really use that money. He choked me! He really choked me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399May 23, 2023 2:37 AM

I wonder what his sperm count is, I would suck his dick.

by Anonymousreply 400May 23, 2023 2:40 AM

Is the killer a natural blond, or are those highlights?

I didn’t know marines colored their hair…

by Anonymousreply 401May 23, 2023 3:05 AM

You should put one of your many guns in your mouth and pull the trigger R400.

by Anonymousreply 402May 23, 2023 3:14 AM

R401, don't you think he's gay? I think he may be.

by Anonymousreply 403May 23, 2023 3:14 AM

I wish his strong big hands could be around my neck, lick my face with his tongue, and then tells me what a good boy I am. I would 100% suck his cock

by Anonymousreply 404May 23, 2023 3:58 AM

I thought being a marine was kind of an elite, extended career path. Do they usually quit service when they’re relatively young?

by Anonymousreply 405May 23, 2023 4:00 AM

I want to have his cock so deep up my ass that I am coughing up his sperm.

by Anonymousreply 406May 23, 2023 4:05 AM

[quote][R396], please refer to [bold]pseudo-legal trolling that reinforce my biases[/bold] at [R290] and [R312].

Fixed your typo, hon.

by Anonymousreply 407May 23, 2023 4:36 AM

The facts will hopefully come out, and this will be given sober consideration by a judge and jury.

But I'd strongly advise people to not take Rambo's advice here on what constitutes legal self-defense.

by Anonymousreply 408May 23, 2023 4:49 AM

[quote] but sometimes you really do feel like your life could be in danger

Yeah but just because you feel something doesn’t mean it’s actually true. A lot of these fears are just caused by social stigma and not actually a reality. This person didn’t actively threaten anyone directly, or produce (or have) a weapon, he was just shouting indiscriminately.

by Anonymousreply 409May 23, 2023 4:53 AM

[quote] Yeah but just because you feel something doesn’t mean it’s actually true.

Face it, datalounge wouldn't even accept George Zimmerman "felt" he was in danger as Trayvon Martin tried to crack his skull open like an egg on the concrete sidewalk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410May 23, 2023 5:16 AM

One thing I know for sure: I would have no business sitting on that jury.

by Anonymousreply 411May 23, 2023 5:28 AM

[quote] This person didn’t actively threaten anyone directly,

Yes he did. We already have at least one witness who says that.

Want to add some more qualifying adverbs? Maybe that will help your argument.

by Anonymousreply 412May 23, 2023 8:00 AM

I do think it is a form of manslaughter and he needs to be charged. But I would go for minimum sentence

by Anonymousreply 413May 23, 2023 2:21 PM

I just can’t get over the number of retards that think Penny is the one getting the fund money.

The same bunch also think he’s guaranteed to walk, and that’s just as much of a fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 414May 23, 2023 2:23 PM

[quote] Yes he did. We already have at least one witness who says that.

What did he say exactly?

by Anonymousreply 415May 23, 2023 2:36 PM

Also R412 I’m guessing “ at least one” in your world means “one” 😭

by Anonymousreply 416May 23, 2023 2:42 PM

R429, you must not be from NYC. have you ever seen one of these fucking crazy cunts in the streets or subway? They not only act crazy they look crazy and they are sometimes they are screaming to the thin air, they are so angry too, so many of them knock over the public trash and recycling cans, I've seen it countless times.

You cross the street when you see one of these people.

by Anonymousreply 417May 23, 2023 5:12 PM

R390 So, screaming that you are hungry, thirsty and tired terrified other passengers? So much so that he had to be killed?

Yes, I have been screamed at by a person with schizophrenia (retired social worker.) Why did you mention that he was a “violent schizophrenic Black man? Are Black schizophrenics even more scary?

by Anonymousreply 418May 23, 2023 9:52 PM

I’m just surprised any real New Yorker raised an eyebrow at a crazy person yelling on the subway.

by Anonymousreply 419May 24, 2023 12:08 AM

R418 must be one of the progressives severe bipolar disorder sufferer Freddie DeBoer was talking about when he wrote:

“Since Neely’s murder there’s been a great competition online, among a certain species of liberals and leftists, to be the most unconcerned with instability in public places, to be the loudest voice saying that you could never be afraid of a mentally ill person, on the train or in the park or on the street. Well: congratulations. Congratulations to you. In my life, I have been scared of mentally ill people. Many times.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420May 24, 2023 12:22 AM

R420 girl there’s a difference between being scared of someone and going on with your life versus being scared of someone and killing them for it 😂

by Anonymousreply 421May 24, 2023 12:46 AM

NEWSFLASH: New York City is scary.

by Anonymousreply 422May 24, 2023 1:11 AM

Neely's uncle who was railing against Penny - despite the fact Neely's uncle couldn't be bothered to give his nephew a home - just got arrested for stealing credit cards.

by Anonymousreply 423May 24, 2023 1:18 AM

he lacks a multi million dollar defense fund from MAGA hysterics, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 424May 24, 2023 1:22 AM

Violent black schizophrenics in NYC are scarier than non-violent, non-black schizophrenics, R418. Yes.

I hate to say it, but all the times I’ve been threatened by raving derelicts in NYC, they’ve been black males. Never a black female schizophrenic—have encountered them, never was threatened—and never any other ethnicity. I don’t know why that is, but that’s been my experience over 16 years living in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 425May 24, 2023 1:27 AM

R425 like true autism (which used to be called childhood schizophrenia), schizophrenia is more prevalent in men than women.

by Anonymousreply 426May 24, 2023 1:37 AM

Once again for the cheap seats: this dude is NOT a native New Yorker.

He's bridge and tunnel. Long Island to be specific. George Santos territory.

Real New Yorkers are capable of dealing with crazy people without killing them.

by Anonymousreply 427May 24, 2023 1:37 AM

R407, thanks “hun” but I am also a lawyer and everything r290 and r312 articulated makes complete sense to me and is consistent with what I learned in LS and for the NY bar (I don’t practice crim, though briefly did civil lit in a prior life). Funny how you accuse that poster of “pseudo-legal trolling” with literally zero rebuttal to any of the points he/she made? Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 428May 24, 2023 1:54 AM

R427, then tell us exactly how you would’ve dealt with him. State all of your assumptions of the facts in issue, too.

by Anonymousreply 429May 24, 2023 1:56 AM

Anybody who says that they're a lawyer or doctor on an anonymous forum is batshit, so Sunni honey, go give Manny a blowjob, you need to keep an eye on him anyway, no telling where he may go.

by Anonymousreply 430May 24, 2023 2:00 AM

^ put down the meth pipe, weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 431May 24, 2023 2:01 AM

Penny says the accusations against him are "comical," and he can't be a racist because he was planning a trip to Africa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432May 24, 2023 2:05 AM

Mmmm Id love to pull on those golden locks as he has my legs thrown over his shoulders pile driving my hole thru the floor.

by Anonymousreply 433May 24, 2023 2:10 AM

Why would a former MARINE have such a foofy 'hairdo'? THAT's what I don't understand about this whole thing...

by Anonymousreply 434May 24, 2023 2:23 AM

THAT's what you don't understand about this whole thing, R434?

by Anonymousreply 435May 24, 2023 2:25 AM

[quote]R427, then tell us exactly how you would’ve dealt with him. State all of your assumptions of the facts in issue, too.

I would have hit the emergency intercom and stayed the fuck away from him.

I'm not the type to physically engage. But if I were to physically engage (with or without additional help) I would have made sure not to choke him to death.

Because I'm not a fucking vigilante psycho.

by Anonymousreply 436May 24, 2023 4:22 AM

^ “the emergency intercom.” LOL. Ya ok, toots.

So after you hit that emergency intercom and before the subway doors actually open (how long was that in this case btw?), had this schizophrenic *not* been subdued and ended up actually causing bodily harm to others, I’m sure you’d be among the many others here bemoaning the apathy of NYCers these days / the bystander effect / etc.

Fat hypocrites, the lot of you.

by Anonymousreply 437May 24, 2023 4:38 AM

^^ What if, what if, what if…

by Anonymousreply 438May 24, 2023 4:52 AM

[quote]So after you hit that emergency intercom and before the subway doors actually open (how long was that in this case btw?), had this schizophrenic *not* been subdued and ended up actually causing bodily harm to others

According to witnesses he was yelling at passengers and violently threw his coat to the ground. Immediately after that Neely grabbed him.

The train reached Bway/Lafayette 30 seconds after Neely engaged the guy. Plenty of opportunity to get out of the way.

Your "ended up actually causing bodily harm to others" is doing a fuck of a lot of work here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439May 24, 2023 5:02 AM

R420 When did I say I have never been scared of a mentally ill person?

I’m just questioning why there was a need to kill a man who was screaming on the subway. I appreciate people were frightened. However, people don’t get a pass to act as judge, jury and executioner because of feelings.

Can someone please tell me why Penny felt the need to use deadly force and take a man’s life besides feelings.

by Anonymousreply 440May 24, 2023 5:38 AM

R437 You can’t kill someone because of what they might do.

Don’t any of you think the man could have been restrained without being choked to death? Wasn’t he restrained by multiple men?

by Anonymousreply 441May 24, 2023 5:47 AM

[quote] Neely's uncle who was railing against Penny - despite the fact Neely's uncle couldn't be bothered to give his nephew a home - just got arrested for stealing credit cards.

I love irony.

I bet the woke DA doesn't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442May 24, 2023 6:26 AM

Will the fact that Neely attackied that woman, (which is on film), and his homophobic and crazy outbursts, also caught on camera, be admissable in Court?

by Anonymousreply 443May 24, 2023 6:30 AM

[quote] Will the fact that Neely attackied that woman, (which is on film), and his homophobic and crazy outbursts, also caught on camera, be admissable in Court?

Not if the woke DA doesn't try to introduce it

by Anonymousreply 444May 24, 2023 6:32 AM

Tues May 23 11:59pm

USD $2,777,146

56,706 donors

42,466 thoughts and prayers – you cheap slackers – get this number up

by Anonymousreply 445May 24, 2023 6:36 AM

[quote] Will the fact that Neely attackied that woman, (which is on film), and his homophobic and crazy outbursts, also caught on camera, be admissable [sic] in Court?

Not so sure about the homophobic slurs but the rest of it can come in IF Penny had seen these incidents and recognized Neely as the guy he saw in these videos. It would go to Penny's state of mind as to the dangerousness of the threat Neely posed and therefore to the reasonableness of Penny's restraint of Neely.

If Penny never saw those videos but the government introduces evidence - e.g. some evidence or testimony to Neely's peacefulness or nonviolent nature - that these videos can disprove then they can come is as rebuttal evidence. So the government will have to be careful what their witnesses say about Neely. And you can't always control what a witness will say on the stand no matter how much you prepare them.

by Anonymousreply 446May 24, 2023 6:44 AM

[quote]r355 Penny presents himself as a quiet, thoughtful young man

When he isn’t strangling people to death.

by Anonymousreply 447May 24, 2023 6:51 AM

r443 Where is the video?

by Anonymousreply 448May 24, 2023 6:58 AM

I wouldn't mind letting him fuck me to prove he's not a racist

by Anonymousreply 449May 24, 2023 7:31 AM

^ you will be thoroughly disappointed!

by Anonymousreply 450May 24, 2023 7:51 AM

I'm glad Penny has money to get the best defence possible. The restraining was justified but not the killing. He fucked up. Everyone deserves justice and Penny should have a reasonable penalty and Neely deserves justice. Ethically-morally, Neely suffered great injustice, in his killing. Practically I admit I'm not so moved by the loss of life as he was a degenerate and dangerous presence in society.

by Anonymousreply 451May 24, 2023 8:35 AM

I want to know what happens to the other two men who were right there (are they not considered accessories?) and also everyone else in the carriage who did NOTHING. Did no-one say anything or try to stop Penny? Will the people on the train actually say that there was a substantial threat and they were scared for their safety? This really could go a number of ways, all plausible. I don't think it was *intentional* homicide though.

by Anonymousreply 452May 24, 2023 9:24 AM

[quote]I wouldn't mind letting him fuck me to prove he's not a racist

And the odds of him choking a black dude while fucking him are what? Close to 100%?

by Anonymousreply 453May 24, 2023 1:54 PM

Oh, the black guy *violently* threw his coat on the floor. That's definitely justifiable homicide then.

by Anonymousreply 454May 24, 2023 2:24 PM

r417, I agree about this, which is why I wonder what man would possibly go up to one and put them in a chokehold? Was he attacking someone? Was it necessary to get in there and calm him down. What made this man get in so close to a crazy?

by Anonymousreply 455May 24, 2023 2:27 PM

R454 = very meagre debating skills.

by Anonymousreply 456May 24, 2023 2:28 PM

I would not be surprised if steroids were involved. This was overkill

by Anonymousreply 457May 24, 2023 11:33 PM

R457 His body is natural.

by Anonymousreply 458May 24, 2023 11:34 PM

I meant the whole rage and killing thing

by Anonymousreply 459May 24, 2023 11:49 PM

R459 ....has it been reported he was in a rage?

by Anonymousreply 460May 24, 2023 11:51 PM

Rally for subway chokehold suspect Daniel Penny gets rowdy as supporters clash with protesters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461May 25, 2023 12:04 AM

No rage. All calmness and precision.

by Anonymousreply 462May 25, 2023 12:36 AM

You guys with a murderer fetish are so creepy

by Anonymousreply 463May 25, 2023 12:54 AM

May 28

Raised:USD $ 2,805,700

Contributors 57,135

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464May 28, 2023 9:02 AM

Of course his family who didn’t give a shit about him is going to grift off his death.

by Anonymousreply 465May 28, 2023 2:17 PM

If I was your family member, R465, I'd let you rot in the hot sun before I lifted a finger to help an asshole like you.

by Anonymousreply 466May 28, 2023 2:32 PM

What did I do that makes me an asshole, R466? Did I punch a random 67-year-old woman in the face or call you homophobic slurs?

by Anonymousreply 467May 28, 2023 2:50 PM

Does anyone think Daniel has a hairy ass? Or not?

by Anonymousreply 468May 28, 2023 2:52 PM

He has light blond hairs all over his ass (not long ones) and a quite hairy hole surrounded by lots of blond hair that he needs to periodically trim.

by Anonymousreply 469May 28, 2023 2:53 PM

Because you live in constant fear and think the world is an extremely dangerous place, populated by "thugs" and "scumbags" simply because they look different than you.

Because you love and worship a cold- blooded vigilante style murderer, so by association, that makes you a cold blooded murderer wannabe, R465.

Because like Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, Mao, Trump, DeSantis and every other petty, two bit dictator and dictator wannabe, you want to be judge, jury, and executioner when you feel "threatened" and think the "rule of law" is now irrelevant in this dog eat dog world.

Because you pay lip service to those Ten Commandment thingies, i.e. the one about "thou shalt not kill" but like most people of religion, you have a very Chinese menu system of beliefs.

Should I go on?

by Anonymousreply 470May 28, 2023 3:08 PM

Not to be too picky about things but you look at that "thou shalt not kill" business too narrowly.

by Anonymousreply 471May 28, 2023 3:47 PM

R470, what are you talking about? You know nothing about me. Not one word you wrote there is applicable to me in the slightest.

by Anonymousreply 472May 28, 2023 8:02 PM

I believe that Daniel will be found not guilty

by Anonymousreply 473May 29, 2023 12:34 AM

$2.8M now

by Anonymousreply 474June 6, 2023 5:05 PM

Huzzah !

by Anonymousreply 475June 6, 2023 5:06 PM

Who knew dumb racists had so much cash to blow on GFMs

by Anonymousreply 476June 8, 2023 12:14 AM

[quote] Of course his family who didn’t give a shit about him is going to grift off his death.

I don't know how they felt about him but it would be a dereliction to allow him to be killed this way and not seek some measure of justice. Every cent that the marine does not spend on his defense should go to Neely's family. It is unacceptable to intentionally kill another human being unless it is in self-defense or defense of another.

by Anonymousreply 477June 8, 2023 12:34 AM

I cant believe they charged him with that bullshit. Its all for show,he wont spend a day in jail.

by Anonymousreply 478June 15, 2023 5:59 PM

The justice system can't let him get away with vigilantism, taking police matters into his own hands. Kyle Rittenhouse and the Zimmerman dude were able to use some self-defense bullshit, this former marine can't.

by Anonymousreply 479June 15, 2023 6:03 PM

None of the money in the defense fund is owned by Penny. The "family" isn't getting any of it.

by Anonymousreply 480June 16, 2023 1:42 AM

Perhaps R480,but they are eyeing it hungrily just the same.

by Anonymousreply 481June 16, 2023 1:47 AM

Seek help, R481

by Anonymousreply 482June 16, 2023 1:59 AM

Political prisoner so they can keep Al Sharpton quiet

by Anonymousreply 483June 16, 2023 2:21 AM

Why R482 ? Tell me winning the "ghetto Lottery" isnt a real thing these days . Man gets shot committing a felony,and whats the 1st thing you hear ? Not "We are sorry our relative was a predator " but "We are suing" . Especially if its a cop that shoots them. You really think that piece of shit Al Sharpton would be within 10 miles of that deal if their wasnt the scent of money ? Mark my words,before the dust settles the family are going to try to sue anyone and everyone they can,unless someone just gives them money to go away.Thats reality,not racism.

by Anonymousreply 484June 16, 2023 2:28 AM

R479 If that Rittenhouse shit can claim self-defence by actively going to and engaging with his targets then Penny surely can argue something more given the confined environment etc.?

by Anonymousreply 485June 16, 2023 11:15 AM

R485, tell me you know nothing about the law of self defense, let alone the facts of the Rittenhouse case, without telling me you know nothing.

There is absolutely no question that Rittenhouse acted within the law.

by Anonymousreply 486June 17, 2023 1:14 AM

R486 I know fuck all, it’s called an opinion, cunt. Who cares if I know the fucking law shit or not.

by Anonymousreply 487June 17, 2023 1:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!