Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NYC Co-op Seeks To Give Constantly Complaining Shareholder The Push

This is why you don't want to live in a co-op. The woman sounds tedious, tiresome and exhausting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 24, 2023 8:57 AM

Crazy woman with multiple chemical sensitivities, so sensitive to the touch, or scent, or suggested presence. Such a pain in the ass to her neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 1May 12, 2023 9:48 PM

She belongs in an igloo away from society, like Julianne Moore in "Safe."

by Anonymousreply 2May 12, 2023 9:54 PM

[quote]Doctor’s notes filed in court papers show that she is sensitive to smoke, fumes and dust

NYC ain’t for you. Perhaps a bedsit in a boarding house in a small midwestern town?

by Anonymousreply 3May 12, 2023 10:04 PM

Then she’ll complain about pollen & the smell of cow manure R3!

by Anonymousreply 4May 12, 2023 10:06 PM

SHE HAS CATS?!? She can fuck off. They literally shit in sand in her home.

by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2023 10:07 PM

[quote] Since then, Peters has had to leave her job working for a regulatory agency and go on disability due to a host of diagnoses — including dysautonomia, myalgic encephalomyelitis (sometimes called chronic fatigue syndrome), fibromyalgia, arthritis, mast cell disorder, peripheral neuropathy and herniated discs.

For the love of God, and on top of that she has a cat. So she has sensitivity to smoke, laundry detergent, mold, and whatever else, but the cat and the cat litter don’t present a problem.

by Anonymousreply 6May 12, 2023 10:11 PM

The only point she has is the tearing out of her bathroom wall. I wouldn't like that either.

by Anonymousreply 7May 12, 2023 10:17 PM

Is she transhandicapped?

by Anonymousreply 8May 12, 2023 10:26 PM

Oh lord…there’s one in every co-op. I had to deal with a clone of this woman when I was on my co-op’s board…right down to the neighbor’s construction. These people aren’t just a menace they’re a financial burden to the building.

by Anonymousreply 9May 12, 2023 10:30 PM

Oh lord…there’s one in every co-op. I had to deal with a clone of this woman when I was on my co-op’s board…right down to the neighbor’s construction. These people aren’t just a menace they’re a financial burden to the building.

by Anonymousreply 10May 12, 2023 10:30 PM

Her residence is on Ocean Parkway with 8 lanes of traffic. Marathons go down that block. The car exhaust is 24-7. Not a wise place to take up residence with her issues.

Her place should sell for around $400,000-$500,000. She needs to get the fuck out. She could buy any number of lovely houses or apartments an hour from the city in the leafy burbs.

by Anonymousreply 11May 12, 2023 10:31 PM

Why is it that people who claim to have such a strong allergic reaction to literally everything, always have about 20 other "disabilities" ?

by Anonymousreply 12May 12, 2023 10:35 PM

I developed asthma in a garden apartment (NY code for semi subterranean). Within months of moving it resolved.

That said, she sounds like a female coworker who was relentless in her petty work complaints and tattle-tail emails. She continues her pointless crusades on Twitter about parking rules and other inanities to the tune of 0-3 likes.

by Anonymousreply 13May 12, 2023 10:38 PM

She might as well demand that all the millions of residents of NYC "accommodate" her "sensitivities" by never ever driving or even using any type of public transport because that would produce "fumes" which would be oppressive to her and her sensitivities. Even simple breathing within a mile of her would increase the carbon dioxide concentration so you must not dare to breathe around here either, lest you disturb her and infringe on her right for an accommodation.

She will need to move to the middle of nowhere, where she would probably still complain about the dust.

by Anonymousreply 14May 12, 2023 10:48 PM

She looks perfectly healthy, as these types--and they are indeed a type--usually do. If I were she, I would focus my energies on finding a better-fitting pair of jeans. I'd like to see four inches off the hair, too.

by Anonymousreply 15May 12, 2023 11:10 PM

I swear, doctors, judges, landlords, and disability judges just give in to these people just so they will shut. the. fuck. up. The only problem is that they empower them to continue their martyrdom.

I worked at a library and we had a crazy lady who wanted all cleaning done with a list of her “approved” products and the list was accompanied by times when they could clean so that residue was gone when she came in every day at 3:00 and left at closing. The director tried to make as many accommodations as possible but it STILL wasn’t enough. The director blew up at her and yelled “Get the hell out of my office,” and banned her for a year.

Sometimes the answer is to call out crazy people for being crazy people.

by Anonymousreply 16May 12, 2023 11:11 PM

Did they try to offer her a warm mug of herbal tea to cradle?

by Anonymousreply 17May 12, 2023 11:20 PM

[quote]SHE HAS CATS?!? She can fuck off. They literally shit in sand in her home.

Exactly.

She has a myriad of breathing and scent issues, but dust from cat liter and scooping cat poop aren't problems.

She sounds like those people who claim they're allergic to gluten, the vast majority of whom are not.

by Anonymousreply 18May 12, 2023 11:21 PM

Like my neighbor who is "allergic" to all smells but is a heavy cigarette smoker.

by Anonymousreply 19May 12, 2023 11:30 PM

[quote]Peters has had to leave her job working for a regulatory agency and go on disability due to a host of diagnoses — including dysautonomia, myalgic encephalomyelitis (sometimes called chronic fatigue syndrome), fibromyalgia, arthritis, mast cell disorder, peripheral neuropathy and herniated discs.

[quote]Two weeks before moving in, Peters — who says she once collapsed from exposure to perfume

She's a hysteric who needs a full-time psychiatrist.

by Anonymousreply 20May 12, 2023 11:53 PM

I’ve worked with three people like this. Compulsive liars and narcissists all.

by Anonymousreply 21May 12, 2023 11:58 PM

And OF COURSE, this bitch has "Fibromyalgia" AND "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"!!! Was there ever any doubt?

by Anonymousreply 22May 13, 2023 12:11 AM

She sure seems to have a lot of energy for "chronic fatigue."

by Anonymousreply 23May 13, 2023 1:00 AM

[quote]It began with a request for a washing machine to accommodate a disabling sensitivity to laundry smells.

Damn. She's not a straight, white frau stereotype at all!

Can you imagine the litany of complaints this middle-aged Karen could accumulate?

by Anonymousreply 24May 13, 2023 1:34 AM

[quote]It began with a request for a washing machine to accommodate a disabling sensitivity to laundry smells.

There are a laundry list of reasons why individual washing machines aren't allowed in apartments, especially older ones like hers - and she would have been aware of this when she moved into the apartment.

She's just a whiney Karen who cannot find a man, so engages in this deranged behavior to feel important.

by Anonymousreply 25May 13, 2023 2:31 AM

She’s almost certainly estranged from all family and friends, and since she doesn’t work, her complaints are likely her only meaningful interactions. Absolute nut.

by Anonymousreply 26May 13, 2023 2:37 AM

These people exist just to make as many people miserable as possible. It's like the "Village Preservation Board" who scream and cry and get violent any time any developer wants to put up a new skyscraper.

YOU CAN LITERALLY MOVE ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD and not have that problem.

by Anonymousreply 27May 13, 2023 3:13 AM

Such a person has no business buying a co-op or condo, where there are rules which all tenants must abide by. This biotch wants special privileges which she isn't entitled to, such as washer. [bold]She knew she had all these health issues before buying this place, who the hell is she kidding?! [/bold]

Much in the same way noisy boisterous people have no business buying into a co-op or condo either, especially those with extremely noisy children.

I live in a co-op, there was a creep living under me and my neighbors, this guy had recording studio level equipment in his apartment. Almost daily he blasted that stereo. He was fined many times, yet still kept blasting that loud thumping garbage. Well, the co-op board forced him to sell and he did. The new neighbors are normal people. Of course acertian amount of noise is expected in these situation, but not continuous loud music or kids jumping up and down above you head every day.

These types of complaining and noisy weirdos need to buy something in the suburbs or way out in the country.

She has cats? Is this bitch serious? She's allergic to everything else but cats?

by Anonymousreply 28May 13, 2023 4:52 AM

btw, how easy is it to get on disability in NYC? All this woman's complaints seem like lies.

Due to macular degeneration, my mom became legally blind, all she receives is her SS check and a small pension from her former job. Disability has been denied many times.I was finally able to get her a home aide, but not before spending down her assets!

The disability actually covers this nut job's co-op maintenance? My co-op maintenance has gone up four times in four years due to NYC's absurd property taxes and not in small increments. My last maitenance hike was $85 more a month.

.Doesn't the disability amount remain the same year after year? Explain how she covers her maintenance.

by Anonymousreply 29May 13, 2023 4:57 AM

[quote] Crazy woman with multiple chemical sensitivities

That’s actually a real thing. Use unscented laundry detergent.

by Anonymousreply 30May 13, 2023 5:39 AM

[quote] She has cats? Is this bitch serious? She's allergic to everything else but cats?

A cat isn’t a chemical.

by Anonymousreply 31May 13, 2023 5:40 AM

[quote] Why is it that people who claim to have such a strong allergic reaction to literally everything, always have about 20 other "disabilities" ?

Because many illness play into one another. Talk to a rheumatologist. You can have scleroderma, lupus, and arthritis because they all come under the same umbrella. Your body is attacking its own cells and immune system. As annoying as this woman is, it does exist.

by Anonymousreply 32May 13, 2023 5:43 AM

Listen to the freaks here defending this phony!

by Anonymousreply 33May 13, 2023 7:03 AM

[quote]A cat isn’t a chemical.

STFU. Hard to believe she's not allergic to cat dander and all the other smells associated with owning cats. Cat poop and piss emits odors.

by Anonymousreply 34May 13, 2023 7:06 AM

What she's selling.....I ain't buying.

by Anonymousreply 35May 13, 2023 7:16 AM

Why didn’t she tidy her home up when she knew a photographer was coming by? Also one look at her list of diseases plus her behavior = munchie.

by Anonymousreply 36May 13, 2023 7:17 AM

Cats with proper manners cover up their pee and poop with litter so it doesn't stink.

by Anonymousreply 37May 13, 2023 7:18 AM

This loon might indeed have all the allergies she listed, but she knew full well going in she had no business buying an apartment in a place where you have to share the walls, bathroom and/or kitchen vents, hallways etc with other residents.

Is she complaining about the car exhaust from the busy street she lives on? Guess she didn't do any research at all?

This woman also had no business getting a portable washer. The co-op approving a washer for her alone is not fair. What about the elderly who live in her co-op, they can complain they want a washer too because they aren't as mobile as when they initially purchased their apartments, that dragging a cart of laundry into an elevator is extremely tiring for them. You cannot just appease one complaining cooperator.

It's obvious many commenting here know little, or next to nothing, about co-op living.

Stop defending this woman's bullshit. If a person cannot abide by the rules of a co-op, they have no business buying one.

When you meet with a co-op Board, certain questions are asked and the prospective cooperator is supposed to also ask questions. There is no excuse.

by Anonymousreply 38May 13, 2023 7:18 AM

This is why I will never live in a condo again.

There is indeed one loon in every HMA, often single, bitter, and frustrated. Actually we had two loons, one of each sex. Both filed constant lawsuits against the board, using up most of the reserve. There were only ten unit-owners to begin with. The male loon was so hateful to the Board President, even during the time the guy had cancer.

Thankfully, I sold my unit and broke even. So happy to get out of that house of hell.

by Anonymousreply 39May 13, 2023 7:31 AM

Everything about her suggests co-op living is wrong for her.

In a condo, you own your own apartment within the building. Your only relationship to ypur neighbors is as neighbors. In a co-op you own shares of a community of neighbors, just like stocks in a corporation. Your occupancy of an apartment in the building is not by right of ownership of that apartment but by agreement with your neighbors to occupy it - an agreement that usually be be revoked and your shares of the corporation sold by force.

As R28 notes, a good co-op accepts as members/neighbors people of like disposition, often the goal is civilized, agreeable, polite people who like their privacy and likewise respect that of their neighbors. Boards regularly reject applicants who have grand designs for exhaustive and invasive renovations the nature and length of which would unduly interrupt the lives of fellow members - knowing that other buyers exist who would be happy making only minimal, quieter, less disruptive alterations.

Living in a co-op means knowing everyone else's business but politely pretending that you do not just as you hope they will do for you. A good co-op is pleasure once "in" and a badly formed one is a headache. This woman for who every change of wind direction poses some new set of hysterical perils was never co-op material.

by Anonymousreply 40May 13, 2023 9:46 AM

[quote] Cats with proper manners

Lol

by Anonymousreply 41May 13, 2023 10:54 AM

She has every fake psycho munchie disease on the planet. She is definitely just making shit up and no matter what they do in the laundry room she's making a scene about how she can't breathe and shit. Lock her up.

by Anonymousreply 42May 13, 2023 10:59 AM

I was HOA when one of the tenants refused to pay dues, citing a load of horsehit reasons, HOA didn't adequately police the noise from other tenants, didn't repair in a "timely manner", violated pet-free building rules (in that he was right. The old gent was close to 90, had a dinky dog. No way was I gonna tell him to get rid of it). The HOA took the whinging tenant to Small Claims and won. He still refused to pay.

I eventuallycalled the Clerk of the Court, told him the tenant hadn't paid, who called the Sheriff, who paid a visit to the whinging tenant, requested cash or a cheque in payment for what he owned. Guy still refused. The Sheriff got a fuck me? fuck you! look on his face, shoved past the tenant, and started hauling out his computer, flat screen, gamebox, mobile and anything else that could be sold to pay what he owed. The tenant went apeshit screaming, howling, bashing himself into walls, tossing shit (not at the Sheriff). That melt-down alone was worth what I had to pay to get the Sheriff out.

The HOA eventually got a cheque from the County Clerk for about 80% of what the tenant owed. The tenant was gone by the end of the month.

by Anonymousreply 43May 13, 2023 11:15 AM

R29, I'm so sorry about your mother. MD is, in my view, one of the cruelest diseases you can suffer. And sorry to threadjack a bit here, but your post is a good example of what infuriates me about our disability system. People with really questionable, subjective "diseases" get approved after maybe a couple of tries, but then people like your mother, who is legally blind, are denied. It's nuts! My sympathies to you both.

by Anonymousreply 44May 13, 2023 11:18 AM

Shove a Tide pod down her throat and let her die.

Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 45May 13, 2023 11:24 AM

Why would odor and dust sensitivity cause herniated discs?

by Anonymousreply 46May 13, 2023 11:26 AM

Apparently god works in mysterious ways r46.

by Anonymousreply 47May 13, 2023 11:33 AM

[quote]whinging tenant

Oh, my.

by Anonymousreply 48May 13, 2023 11:37 AM

"a disabling sensitivity to laundry smells"

She's totally nuts. All of these sound sensitive, light sensitive and now smell sensitive people, like this complete basket case, need to rounded up and sent off to the funny farm and tucked away in a nice warm padded cell.

by Anonymousreply 49May 13, 2023 11:38 AM

R46, I'm not sure she's arguing these ailments are causally linked or even correlated - she seems just to be one of these whiners who hurls every dubious somatic complaint into her big basket of horribles.

BTW, the late John Sarno, M.D. had a whole medical theory about psychosomatic disease that he termed TMS, which he theorized, in part. related to repressed anger. Co-op Lady seems to fit with this.

by Anonymousreply 50May 13, 2023 11:41 AM

Except co-op lady's anger doesn't seem very repressed.

by Anonymousreply 51May 13, 2023 11:43 AM

[quote] I worked at a library and we had a crazy lady

I feel sorry for you. Lately, I’ve been spending more time at my local library and I’m amazed at how crazy people are.

One man wanted to read The NY Times. The librarian said they would have to hold his library card while he read it because people kept stealing the newspapers. He went off on a rant about he didn’t want data being kept about what newspapers he was reading. She said they didn’t collect that information. He was still angry that he had to turn over his library card. I bet he was the one stealing the newspapers.

by Anonymousreply 52May 13, 2023 12:18 PM

Currently experiencing something similar to this. I find it strange that after all the self diagnoses, the extreme need to align themselves with all kinds of people who are actually marginalized. They do nothing for their community, yet feel as discriminated against as POC, the disabled, the mentally ill, indigenous peoples, and last, but sure as fuck not least……. The Black Panthers!!! BTW, I’m referring to a skinny white bitch. “Stop antagonizing ME! I know a Black Panther! I’ve been to Wakanda as part of an elite residency for highly skilled wood workers! I made TWO SPOONS!”

Tacky bitch.

by Anonymousreply 53May 13, 2023 1:06 PM

She was the worst neighbor I've ever lived next to. It shit to the point when she saw me she's start gagging and run the other way. And she told other people that my pussy stinks!

by Anonymousreply 54May 13, 2023 1:09 PM

Yeah if her immune system is suffering as described she definitely would be sensitive to pet dander.

by Anonymousreply 55May 13, 2023 2:04 PM

Life won't go well for cunts like her. No reason for her to be living in the city. She should retreat to the life of a hermit and pray for dying young.

by Anonymousreply 56May 13, 2023 2:10 PM

[quote]This is why you don't want to live in a co-op. The woman sounds tedious, tiresome and exhausting.

What do you mean, OP? This is why you DO want to live in a co-op! Under normal circumstances owners would be stuck with the cow for as long as it suited her.

by Anonymousreply 57May 13, 2023 2:30 PM

[quote]Because many illness play into one another.

Including mental illnesses. This woman has either conversion or factitious disorder. She's seriously ill, just not in all the way(s) she believes. It doesn't do patients like her (or ones with legitimate clusters of horrible diseases) any good to pretend it's equivalent.

by Anonymousreply 58May 13, 2023 3:53 PM

Can I eat your chemicals and paint?

by Anonymousreply 59May 13, 2023 4:17 PM

Since we are all in agreement this woman is a monster of entitlement I'll be devil's advocate and criticize the co-op board too, as I dislike HOAs of any kind as much as I dislike hypochondriacs.

The woman was perfectly in her right, and even encouraged by the board, to report cigarette smoke. The board's response was bizarre in claiming to the effect 'this is an old building, your apartment might be smoky so shut up'.

She asked for an electric stove instead of gas and was refused so she bought a hot plate. Reasonable behavior, even if grudgingly delivered.

She asked to have her own washing machine and was denied. She moved in anyway, knowing she couldn't have one. Later the board said she could have a portable. Maybe she wore the board down with repeated requests but she accepted their solution.

She was given no notice that her bathroom wall and ceiling would be ripped open to install a shower in anpther apartment instead of a tub. In addition to the surprise, why is extensive renovation allowed but an electric stove denied?

It sounds like this co-op did not make clear rules and restrictions about what modifications are allowed, and clearly the woman should have gotten things in writing before she moved in. It doesn't help her case to be youngish, having no obvious physical disability, and being an unemployed, single cat lady. I noticed in the comments there was one post claiming that they also had disabilities and sold their apartment in the Tower, attacking the board as 'bullies' and their lawyer 'a convicted felon'. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 60May 13, 2023 4:43 PM

She might totally have all of these disabilities, but to expect to be able to live in NYC in a co-op with no smells? If someone has arthritis and buys a three story walk-up does the building have to install an elevator.

by Anonymousreply 61May 13, 2023 5:01 PM

BITCH PLEASE! She passed out once from the smell of perfume, but she keeps a cat inside and can stand the smell of a litter box? Give me a break. She may have some issues (including mental) but it seems to me she's just a big hipoondriac.

by Anonymousreply 62May 13, 2023 5:54 PM

[quote]a big hipoondriac

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 63May 13, 2023 6:28 PM

[quote] There are a laundry list of reasons why individual washing machines aren't allowed in apartments

Edna Krabapple voice: Ha!

by Anonymousreply 64May 13, 2023 7:33 PM

I will never live in a condo or co-op again. There is always—always!— at least one lunatic causing all types of commotion.

by Anonymousreply 65May 13, 2023 7:45 PM

R64…older buildings, if not renovated, typically don’t have the plumbing infrastructure to handle a washing machine. I know this from the time I spent as co-op board emperor.

And with regard to the stove…she would be responsible for her appliances and not the co-op. Anything from the studs outward is the responsibility of the owner. The only thing I can think of is that the apartment may not have been wired all the way through with 220v wiring and she was looking for the co-op to rewire the place. Again, older co-ops tend to have one or two outlets rewired to 220 to support air conditioning.

When I redid my kitchen I moved from gas to electric and had to rewire my kitchen. I had to get permission from the co-op board and the co-op’s architect before I could proceed. I also had the bear the cost of the rewiring. Sounds like she was using her “disability” as an excuse to have her place rewired…which is expensive ($1000 to $2000 per vertical floor.)

by Anonymousreply 66May 13, 2023 7:48 PM

If you can't live around "unclean" air, NYC is the last place in the US you should be living.

by Anonymousreply 67May 13, 2023 7:54 PM

I don't have any allergies at all, and the smell of a cat's litter box makes me gag and retch. I can't believe this woman who's "allergic" to everything under the sun has cats in her apartment.

by Anonymousreply 68May 13, 2023 8:16 PM

I'd like to know about the places she lived before buying her current co-op.

How did those places get rid of her?

Was she married at any Tim? Children or not? Other family? What do these people, if any, say about her?

by Anonymousreply 69May 13, 2023 8:20 PM

Every coop has a constant complainer like her.

She’s sensitive to fucking everything!! She demands special concessions for her health!!!

My guess is she has experienced tons of trauma in her life and this is how it’s manifesting.

by Anonymousreply 70May 13, 2023 8:22 PM

Neurotic bitch. The only thing wrong with her is her brain.

by Anonymousreply 71May 13, 2023 8:27 PM

"hipoondriac" = very rare pygmy relative of the hippopotamus.

by Anonymousreply 72May 13, 2023 8:28 PM

[quote]And OF COURSE, this bitch has "Fibromyalgia" AND "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"!!!

Aren't they pretty much the same thing? I can't keep up with everybody's imaginary ailments.

by Anonymousreply 73May 13, 2023 8:31 PM

I think she's a wimp.

The co-op board never asked her why she couldn't go to a laundry mat or send her laundry to a wash and fold delivery service? They didn't ask her why she couldn't swap out the stove for an electric model? Nothing. How can she have mast cell disease and a cat? All these things and more make her a wimp.

No one in her family wanted to take her in when the bathroom was refurbished? No friends even. Just nothing. She has the mug she cradles and her cat.

Wimp.

R29. I hope the best for your mother. She's no wimp. My grandmother had macular degeneration. I have really bad astigmatism myopia and the beginning of a cataract in my right eye (or my brown eye is turning blue for shucks and giggles) and go to the eye doctor soon because I am no wimp. The Lions Club might be able to help your mother dear R29 and you might also want to really do a deep dive on the reddit for social security and cross reference that with the website for the social security administration itself since I'm sure you're no wimp either.

So many people in this life go through so much and then there's this wimp you know. My goodness.

by Anonymousreply 74May 13, 2023 9:37 PM

She loves getting her pussy licked

by Anonymousreply 75May 13, 2023 9:38 PM

"laundry mat"

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 76May 13, 2023 9:48 PM

[quote] “I could have just thrown myself off a cliff like the Vikings did with old people.”

One ticket to Norway coming up!

by Anonymousreply 77May 13, 2023 10:08 PM

I have an old frau friend like this. Single, sexless, sad. She kept going to a handsome young doctor with a phantom ailment who finally stopped seeing her. And I am certain she kept seeing him with new complaints and ailments for the interaction and his touch.

She craved the attention and touch of a sexy, successful male she could never attract on her own.

Old-Maidhausens.

by Anonymousreply 78May 13, 2023 10:34 PM

Co-ops DO NOT supply appliances such as stoves and refrigerators, these types of appliances are the responsibility of the cooperator. The person mentioning the stove being replaced clearly knows little about co-op rules.

If you agree to buy a co-op with a stove and fridge, you likely agreed with the former owner to purchase their appliances from them or accepted the co-ops 'as is'. Some cooperators sell their apartments furnished or with at least some furniture in it. I bought my co-op with some vintage furniture already in it. I liked the furniture, so, I agreed the furniture could stay. Most co-ops demand an apartment be empty when sold. This depends on the agreement you made with the former owner. If you like the furniture they are leaving, you can work out a deal or accept the furniture as part of the co-op cost..

As for HOAs, condos have them, not co-ops. co-ops have a president and Board and hopefully a manager on premises or the co-op president hires a management company.

On John Oliver's HBO show a few weeks ago, there was a horror story about an HOA, a woman lost her condo for $90, yes $90! Is that even legal? The things the condo owner was accused of supposedly doing didn't even seem to correlate with literally losing her home. It seems HOAs have way too much power, even more than a co-op board.

The HOA didn't even allow the woman to sell her condo, she lost it for $90.

by Anonymousreply 79May 13, 2023 11:20 PM

That crazy bitch needs to live in a plastic bubble. Remember "bubble boy"? Well, she can be "bubble bitch".

by Anonymousreply 80May 13, 2023 11:24 PM

Caton Towers is decent enough far as middle class post war NYC co-op buildings go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 13, 2023 11:53 PM

History of Ocean Parkway

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 13, 2023 11:54 PM

Bitch needs to move to New Mexico

by Anonymousreply 83May 13, 2023 11:55 PM

Across the street and elsewhere along Ocean Parkway you still have some remaining town houses/brownstones and single family houses. These IMHO are much nicer than the multi family buildings which largely replaced them starting in earnest by 1960's or so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 14, 2023 12:02 AM

This crazy bitch needs to live on an island all by herself.

How about one of the many Japanese islands where tons of cats live? Sure she'd love that! Cats, apparently, don't seem to stir up her various allergies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 14, 2023 12:03 AM

This area is heavily Jewish, has been so going back to 1920's or so. Lots of big Jewish families with several children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 14, 2023 12:04 AM

There are also some very nice pre-war multi-family (rentals and co-ops) in area as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 14, 2023 12:07 AM

Another:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 14, 2023 12:08 AM

Fuck this “ko-op karen”

by Anonymousreply 89May 14, 2023 12:21 AM

[quote]Since then, Peters has had to leave her job working for a regulatory agency and go on disability due to a host of diagnoses — including dysautonomia, myalgic encephalomyelitis (sometimes called chronic fatigue syndrome), fibromyalgia, arthritis, mast cell disorder, peripheral neuropathy and herniated discs.

A.k.a. "Frau's Syndrome"

by Anonymousreply 90May 14, 2023 2:30 AM

Can she shoot ping pong balls out of her cooter?

by Anonymousreply 91May 14, 2023 3:10 AM

Only white ones R91. She’s allergic to the coloring agent in the orange ones.

by Anonymousreply 92May 14, 2023 3:47 AM

She’s the kind of person that keeps the Second Amendment viable. Eventually, somebody will shoot her to put her out of her misery. Or perhaps just push her off a balcony. Wouldn’t that be an interesting story.

by Anonymousreply 93May 14, 2023 4:33 AM

CUNT

by Anonymousreply 94May 14, 2023 5:15 AM

Was a “Move it along, Toots” notice taped to her door?

I hate when that happens.

by Anonymousreply 95May 14, 2023 5:19 AM

How is it possible that she hasn’t added long Covid to her list of ailments?

by Anonymousreply 96May 15, 2023 1:45 PM

^I bet she claims to have been one of the first infected in November of 2019!

by Anonymousreply 97May 15, 2023 2:06 PM

She undoubtedly has "long COVID" along with the other dozen ailments.

by Anonymousreply 98May 24, 2023 1:33 AM

Thank god that in all my years of apt living I only twice had neighbors who were assholes. I kid you not when I say Ive lived in countless apts all over the country. I guess I was just lucky ! Of course I stopped renting and have owned for 20 years so maybe people just changed . I couldnt conceive of apt living nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 99May 24, 2023 2:07 AM

OP = "Let's Make Shit Out Of A Woman! Troll

by Anonymousreply 100May 24, 2023 2:19 AM

[quote]On John Oliver's HBO show a few weeks ago, there was a horror story about an HOA, a woman lost her condo for $90, yes $90!

[quote]The HOA didn't even allow the woman to sell her condo, she lost it for $90.

What does “lost it for $90” mean?

by Anonymousreply 101May 24, 2023 2:36 AM

[quote] Peters — who says she once collapsed from exposure to perfume

!!!

by Anonymousreply 102May 24, 2023 2:57 AM

I’m on a board in NYC. This thread has given me PTSD. I’m not going to be able to work, so I’m suing. I want a state the the art air filter, an electric range & a pony.

by Anonymousreply 103May 24, 2023 3:33 AM

It’s really telling when the comments on an NYPOST article are more levelheaded, nuanced and possibly even more humane than those in a DL thread discussing the same.

by Anonymousreply 104May 24, 2023 3:52 AM

I wish I could give her some of my spoons.

by Anonymousreply 105May 24, 2023 4:44 AM

R101 I'm guessing it means she owed 90 bucks to the HOA and was going to lose her lease if she didn't pay it and she didn't so she lost her apartment.

by Anonymousreply 106May 24, 2023 8:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!