Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Amazing Race - Fall 2023 Premiere

The Amazing Race is expanding to 90 minutes, as is Survivor, and together they'll make up the full Wednesday night schedule on CBS this fall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351January 1, 2024 3:35 PM

That’s a lot of padding.

by Anonymousreply 1May 11, 2023 5:41 PM

I can not wait for "Elsbeth" (although I think it deserves a better title). She was my favorite recurring character on both 'The Good Wife' and 'The Good Fight'. Also glad it will be on CBS and not streaming on Paramount+ (or whatever they call it these days) like they did 'The Good Fight'.

by Anonymousreply 2May 11, 2023 5:43 PM

Survivor can definitely do 90 minutes. We miss out on so much as it is, especially all the scrambling.

Amazing Race would definitely be padding. There’s not that much more we need to see each leg.

by Anonymousreply 3May 11, 2023 5:50 PM

Oh wow, I loved her character…in small doses. I hope they fill it with all the other reoccurring characters from TGW and TGF and maybe a nice sendoff for Michael Keaton.

by Anonymousreply 4May 11, 2023 5:57 PM

CBS should revise that show where a busload of kids is dumped in an old west town and they have to fend for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 5May 11, 2023 5:57 PM

^ revive

by Anonymousreply 6May 11, 2023 5:58 PM

The only CBS shows I watch are Survivor and Amazing Race, but I loved Elspeth on The Good Wife and I love Kathy Bates, so I'll at least check those shows out.

And I think both Survivor and Race can fill 90 minutes just fine.

by Anonymousreply 7May 11, 2023 6:07 PM

Amazing Race could definitely use more time in the earlier parts of the season when there are all these new teams and not enough time to get to know them in under an hour.

by Anonymousreply 8May 11, 2023 7:58 PM

Both SURVIVOR and AMAZING RACE better have some sexy hot dudes on the show if they want to keep viewers.

by Anonymousreply 9May 11, 2023 9:23 PM

Well, hello Cory!

by Anonymousreply 10September 28, 2023 1:35 AM

R5 I loved that show! Lol I’m going on YouTube to find it.

by Anonymousreply 11September 28, 2023 1:51 AM

Unlike Survivor, there are quite a few hot guys on this.

by Anonymousreply 12September 28, 2023 2:11 AM

I love it when they tell a cab driver that they're in a race. Like he gives a shit.

by Anonymousreply 13September 28, 2023 2:24 AM

[quote]That’s a lot of padding.

That's what SHE said.

by Anonymousreply 14September 28, 2023 2:34 AM

Adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 28, 2023 3:05 AM

Glad there’s an engaged gay couple.

by Anonymousreply 16September 29, 2023 2:42 AM

Seems like there’s more than one gay guy this season.

by Anonymousreply 17September 29, 2023 3:57 AM

The son of the hearing impaired father is adorable.

The brothers are HOT! Am I the only one that’s picking up gay energy from both of them?

The gay couple seem like they’re going to be as annoying as most gay couples that’s been on this show but at least they’re coming off better than those bitches that won a few seasons ago. Oh how I despise their privilege ass!

by Anonymousreply 18September 29, 2023 4:16 AM

Yes, r17. Since both guys in one team are engaged to each other I assume both are gay.

by Anonymousreply 19September 29, 2023 4:22 AM

[quote]The brothers are HOT! Am I the only one that’s picking up gay energy from both of them?

There are two sets of brothers.

by Anonymousreply 20September 29, 2023 4:45 AM

r20, the Latino or Native American brothers (not sure of the ethnicity).

by Anonymousreply 21September 29, 2023 5:05 AM

Seems like there are more than two gay guys this season.

by Anonymousreply 22September 29, 2023 5:35 AM

I think deaf guy's son and the two Asian brothers are hot!

by Anonymousreply 23September 29, 2023 1:54 PM

Good first episode.....I don't hate anybody yet.....

That may change next week.

by Anonymousreply 24September 29, 2023 2:21 PM

Like everyone except the MAGA Texas father daughter. All those photos of her with guns and saying her daddy was the main man in her life until she met her husband.

Pass.

Otherwise - great cast.

by Anonymousreply 25September 29, 2023 2:40 PM

The last time there was a writer's strike, it killed a favorite show of mine, Pushing Daisies. It was doing all right in the ratings. A lack of new eps caused a drop in the ratings. Am not against people striking. They definitely should have a piece of the pie. In fact, if it is financially possible, residuals should continue for the rest of actor/writer's life. Have all of PD on Blu-ray. Am wistful for what might have been.

by Anonymousreply 26September 29, 2023 3:03 PM

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 27September 29, 2023 4:45 PM

There was a completed season filmed before this one, but they decided to air this one instead because it could be edited into 90-minute segments (which they decided to do because of the writers' strike.) So that previous season is still in the can, presumably in 60-minute segments, waiting to be aired. And since it hasn't been aired, the winners haven't receive their winnings, nor can they talk about it. Additionally, it's going to seem strange to have it air after the current episodes, since it was filmed with more COVID restrictions (charter flights again, probably, for example.)

by Anonymousreply 28September 29, 2023 5:34 PM

A lot of the guys seem gay this season (besides the obvious gay couple)

by Anonymousreply 29September 30, 2023 3:05 AM

While I watched the first several seasons of AR religiously I haven't watched it in years now (see also: Survivor). But thanks to DL, I'm Racing again. (Team Corey and Dad!) (Still not interested in Survivor, though.) Not sure why the sisters ate all those Express Pass insects when it didn't seem to give them much advantage. It was Bugs v. Boat/TukTuk Rides. I knew the eliminated team was a goner when they couldn't decide who would do a challenge. Just pick one and then alternate who does the challenges after that (although the military brothers' solution of rock-paper-scissors is a good alternative). Would love to go to Thailand but, between the humidity and chilies, fear I would sweat to death and die.

by Anonymousreply 30September 30, 2023 6:46 PM

Uh... you do know that the express pass is for FUTURE challenges, right?

by Anonymousreply 31September 30, 2023 9:27 PM

I don’t understand how that milquetoast team that got eliminated even made it on the show. They were so indecisive and bland and seemed completely indifferent to being there.

by Anonymousreply 32September 30, 2023 10:49 PM

I was pretty shocked to learn at the end they were siblings. I thought he was her gay Bestie from college or something

by Anonymousreply 33September 30, 2023 11:52 PM

r15 Long... thick... neck.

by Anonymousreply 34September 30, 2023 11:59 PM

r25 I thought the same thing. Republicans are so stupid and clueless, "bragging" about hunting and gun culture.

by Anonymousreply 35October 1, 2023 12:01 AM

Yes r35 and that narrative about Daddy being the main man in her life until she got married 🤮

Everyone else seems solid though.

Love the computer science brothers.

by Anonymousreply 36October 1, 2023 12:21 AM

Kill the franchise with 🔥 FIRE 🔥

by Anonymousreply 37October 1, 2023 12:35 AM

R31: I’d *completely* forgotten that!! Thanks for the reminder. (As I said, it’s been years since I’ve watched TAR.)

by Anonymousreply 38October 1, 2023 5:47 AM

That sibling team who got eliminated…creepy! They live together, work at the same company and eat the same breakfast (oatmeal!) each morning! He seemed gay, but there was also a flowers-in-the-attic vibe going on.

The both the guys in the gay couple are hot. They also were smart to watch the practice session of the sibling team at the sword challenge. They picked it up really quickly and beat several of the couples who opted for the massage.

Love Bangkok. Such a great city to visit, but the challenges weren’t particularly exciting to watch. Watching people get massages? Riding around in boats? The casting has improved so much from that blah era or blind-date season and social media (vine!) season, but they challenges used to be so much more creative and interesting to watch.

by Anonymousreply 39October 2, 2023 9:37 PM

While the Thai massages seemed painful I bet they did the racers a world of good after that endless flight from LAX through Taiwan. A nice "gift" from the producers!

by Anonymousreply 40October 2, 2023 11:34 PM

Is there an uncensored version of the massage scenes where they show the happy endings?

by Anonymousreply 41October 2, 2023 11:37 PM

Any sightings of Phil's Amazing Package?

by Anonymousreply 42October 2, 2023 11:40 PM

I’m really crushing on the son of the deaf man. He’s so fucking adorable and seems like a very nice guy as well.

by Anonymousreply 43October 5, 2023 11:46 AM

I'm still liking everyone.......a couple of the teams get on my nerves - but I don't hate them.

Lots of Phil medium shots w/o the package. 8-(

by Anonymousreply 44October 5, 2023 3:27 PM

No package? Sad face.

by Anonymousreply 45October 6, 2023 3:06 AM

Those tech friends seem pretty gay to me

by Anonymousreply 46October 6, 2023 5:55 AM

[R46] You mean the guys who were best friends in the military? If yes, then TOTES. Watching their intro package, I was wondering, "just how dumb ARE their wives?"

I agree that this is a likable cast. Even Texas Daddy isn't aggressively assholish, just casually so. (Did you notice he never once engaged with the furriners helping him out or handing him a clue?) I thought the shorter gay fiancé might get on my nerves but he was better in the second episode. Time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 47October 6, 2023 1:33 PM

Still Team Cody and Dad, although I wish the former would have taken off his shirt in the pomelo challenge (I don't ask for much, and, yes, he seems to be a sweetheart). I thought Texas Daddy was going to have a heat stroke doing that one (as I would have, no doubt, but then I would have chosen the market option).

I'm of two minds about the new 90-minute length. On one hand, it shows how long and/or grueling some of the challenges really are. On the other, it's VERY repetitive watching teams load and unload pomelos or fail at creating bouquets. I guess we'll see entire unedited challenges when the show is down to four or five teams.

by Anonymousreply 48October 6, 2023 6:01 PM

TAR at 90 minutes is PADDED. I suppose it’s nice in a way to get a better sense of just how long they are stuck at certain challenges, but we don’t need to see all that.

by Anonymousreply 49October 6, 2023 6:28 PM

I love this show but 90 minutes is too much.

by Anonymousreply 50October 6, 2023 6:30 PM

Pssst! They stocked those canals with fruit.

by Anonymousreply 51October 6, 2023 6:32 PM

Whoever does the casting for TAR needs to mentor their CBS colleagues at Survivor and teach them how to cast hot, likable contestants.

by Anonymousreply 52October 6, 2023 6:42 PM

Corey the CODA also has great legs.

by Anonymousreply 53October 6, 2023 7:18 PM

I agree about the padding, the first team arrived at Phil with 38 minutes left in the show.

by Anonymousreply 54October 6, 2023 7:34 PM

[quote]Pssst! They stocked those canals with fruit.

And fruits. At least two.

by Anonymousreply 55October 6, 2023 7:53 PM

You guys can have Hot CODA Boy.

I'll take Deaf Daddy. I found him so charmingly adorable. I even love his dated soul patch thing. (Sure, he could lose fifteen pounds, but he can work that off fucking me routinely.)

by Anonymousreply 56October 9, 2023 8:42 AM

The second episode was a good one. These felt like classic TAR challenges. They were tough and engaging to watch. I think the editors had a tough time because the first two teams absolutely flew through the challenges and got to Phil way before anyone else. Most of the other teams held their places from last week and appeared to arrive fairly spread out without many races to the finish line.

Still, these has to be one of the best casts in ages. You see, TAR, you don’t NEED to cast a Big Brother couple or former NFL players/cheerleaders every season. Just cast normal friends and family members like this and you’ll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 57October 9, 2023 5:55 PM

I like the Asian couple but they are definitely getting U-Turn if it happens soon.

by Anonymousreply 58October 9, 2023 8:21 PM

If you happen to be up late, like me who work nights, I found out today that it's better to wait until 2 AM ET to watch the most recent episode on Paramount+ then to do record the 90 minutes broadcast and fast forward through the commercial.

by Anonymousreply 59October 12, 2023 7:06 AM

Nice episode last night.

I am beginning to hate the Texas daughter - the dad not so much.

And I felt kind of bad for the two clueless brothers who actually thought they had moved up in the pack and instead were DEAD LAST.......DEAD LAST......LOL....

by Anonymousreply 60October 12, 2023 4:26 PM

That fruit challenge went way too long. Not liking the 90 minute version of this show.

by Anonymousreply 61October 12, 2023 7:19 PM

Gays must step up. I could not BELIEVE they forgot to collect their clue! Also, the either/or tasks seem lopsided in degree of time consuming difficulty this season, though it was fun to see the Asian couple struggle with the rice paper. My favorite episodes are the “you’re still racing!” ones.

by Anonymousreply 62October 12, 2023 7:49 PM

The “you’re still racing” episodes are just another way to do the non-elimination rounds.

by Anonymousreply 63October 12, 2023 7:52 PM

DEAD LAST.

by Anonymousreply 64October 12, 2023 10:07 PM

Except the non-elimination factor was obviously fixed before the producers know who would be dead last. The rules are never stated for when a round becomes a non-elimination round, and I believe they are free to use it to manipulate the race.

by Anonymousreply 65October 13, 2023 5:03 AM

The gay couple is very handsome.

CODA son is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 66October 13, 2023 11:17 AM

Way to waste your Express Pass, ladies! I hope eating all those bugs was worth it!

by Anonymousreply 67October 13, 2023 1:15 PM

I thought the Express Pass allows you to go straight to the Pit Stop.

by Anonymousreply 68October 13, 2023 1:17 PM

No, it lets you skip one challenge (roadblock or detour.) If it's the final challenge of the leg, then it would let you go to the pit stop.

by Anonymousreply 69October 13, 2023 1:59 PM

IMO, they paid too much for the express pass and sold it for too little.

by Anonymousreply 70October 13, 2023 2:04 PM

[quote]I thought the Express Pass allows you to go straight to the Pit Stop.

It was the Fast Forward that allowed a team to skip all tasks and go directly to the Pit Stop. It hasn't made an appearance on the Race in a number of years.

by Anonymousreply 71October 13, 2023 3:17 PM

Had the ladies used the express pass BEFORE the task, they would have come in first. (even though it wasn't a pitstop...)

by Anonymousreply 72October 13, 2023 4:15 PM

Thanks, show, for the very brief shirtless photo of CODA Cody! (If you blinked and missed it, he's either naturally very smooth or shaves his nicely developed torso.) I thought the expanded run time might turn out to be interesting, but it's kinda not. They just show more of the challenges, which is either very repetitive (moving fruit *again*) or visually uninteresting (applying vinyl). Can't imagine what it will be like when they're down to a handful of teams. Maybe the eliminated teams will come back and do stand-up or something.

In other news, the Military Bros have very pretty hair, and Phil has been around the world 35 TIMES now (unless there was a season he didn't host).

by Anonymousreply 73October 13, 2023 5:13 PM

Survivor makes better use of the expanded time because they can show more plotting which is the heart of the show. Big Brother’s extension to 100 days has led to annoying filler like cancelling two evictions.

by Anonymousreply 74October 13, 2023 5:20 PM

The tasks have definitely lacked imagination over the years. Who remembers the bossy little person who had to carry a huge slab of meat through some crowded city?

by Anonymousreply 75October 16, 2023 12:55 PM

I do, I do! I also remember "My cow is broken!!"

by Anonymousreply 76October 16, 2023 4:56 PM

You don't remember it very well. It was "My OX is broken."

by Anonymousreply 77October 16, 2023 5:56 PM

I still remember the midget woman in a suit of armor trying to get on the horse.

by Anonymousreply 78October 17, 2023 2:34 PM

Why don’t they have midgets anymore?

by Anonymousreply 79October 17, 2023 2:41 PM

Do they still have gnomes?

by Anonymousreply 80October 17, 2023 9:01 PM

Well, we know they still got bitchy high strung queens.

by Anonymousreply 81October 17, 2023 9:39 PM

Merna and Charla. I just remembered their names.

by Anonymousreply 82October 17, 2023 11:03 PM

MIRNA and Charla. Or as one of the other teams referred to them, "Mirna and Schmirna."

by Anonymousreply 83October 17, 2023 11:13 PM

I'm glad the Asian couple is eliminated. They were given all of the legs so far on a silver platter with the challenges being all Asian-y and food related. It was weird that they had trouble making rice paper.

by Anonymousreply 84October 19, 2023 3:29 AM

All the hot guys survived another week!

by Anonymousreply 85October 19, 2023 3:46 AM

Damn! I thought the Asian couple would be one of the teams to beat.

by Anonymousreply 86October 19, 2023 3:47 AM

It’s kind of amazing that this show was on the brink of being canceled so many times, now it’s one of CBS‘s mainstays.

by Anonymousreply 87October 19, 2023 4:34 AM

I liked the show better before it added the Fear Factor elements. In the early seasons, there was no bungee jumping or rappelling, no forced eating of nauseating food. I also miss when people would run out of money or have to figure out where they were supposed to go and come up with the wrong answer and end up in the wrong city or country.

by Anonymousreply 88October 19, 2023 6:10 AM

Survivor needs to bring back the gross eating challenges.

by Anonymousreply 89October 19, 2023 6:29 AM

They did Rose. Did you see the episode where Team Sisters had to eat those fried insects?

by Anonymousreply 90October 19, 2023 6:39 AM

That wasn’t Survivor.

by Anonymousreply 91October 19, 2023 6:56 AM

That last tile challenge. OMG! That was a lot of tile.

by Anonymousreply 92October 19, 2023 9:36 AM

The moment I saw the Asian elders, I knew they would win the season. I’m unsettled that they’re gone. It sure seems like a level playing field to me, now.

by Anonymousreply 93October 19, 2023 10:45 AM

[quote]It sure seems like a level playing field to me, now.

I think we can count out the brothers, who seem very sweet but a bit dim.

by Anonymousreply 94October 19, 2023 11:16 AM

I was getting anxiety watching the mattress challenge. I'm surprised a couple individuals didn't pass out or have heart attacks. I also couldn't believe the amount of ass sweat soaking through some of their shorts. Yucky. Specifically, the one bearded guy and one of the hot (but dumb) brothers. I bet that stairwell stunk like ass for a while.

by Anonymousreply 95October 19, 2023 12:06 PM

Ninety minutes is a LONG time - but it really points out how arduous some of the tasks are. You can feel how much wear and tear the teams are going through.

Still hate the Texas team......a couple of the others are practically invisible. And I really hate how that one black gal keeps saying: "Fast! Fast!!" to all the cab drivers - like it's the driver's fault they're so far behind.

by Anonymousreply 96October 19, 2023 1:22 PM

[quote]I think we can count out the brothers, who seem very sweet but a bit dim.

Why do people keep referring to "the brothers" as if this applied to only one team? There are TWO teams of brothers.

by Anonymousreply 97October 19, 2023 2:47 PM

[quote]In the early seasons, there was no bungee jumping or rappelling, no forced eating of nauseating food.

The very first task in Season One involved taking a zipline over a gorge followed by a plunge down to receive the clue. The show's first rappel was in Thailand in episode 10. And the roadblock in China in episode 11 required a team member to eat dishes with beetle larvae, squid, and chicken feet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98October 19, 2023 2:50 PM

[quote]There are TWO teams of brothers.

I refer to the other set of brothers as "The Urkel Twins"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 20, 2023 1:08 PM

The two black brothers have to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 100October 20, 2023 1:38 PM

R100 In my (wet) dreams they are.

by Anonymousreply 101October 20, 2023 1:56 PM

[quote] They were given all of the legs so far on a silver platter with the challenges being all Asian-y and food related. It was weird that they had trouble making rice paper.

Or maybe being Asian-American is really no advantage when it comes to “all Asian-y” challenges after all.

by Anonymousreply 102October 20, 2023 2:22 PM

I agree about the gay black brothers.

by Anonymousreply 103October 20, 2023 4:19 PM

I didn't want to read this thread until I watched all four episodes, and now I'm all caught up.

It's funny how the comments here are exactly what I was thinking while watching the show.

[quote] I think deaf guy's son and the two Asian brothers are hot!

Corey, Liam and Yeremi.

And it looks like Liam and Yeremi's mom is either Native American or Hispanic, and their dad is Northern European.

Their back story is really interesting and I want to know more. After their parents divorced, it sounds like there was some bad blood between the brothers. Then in episode four Liam talks about how he had a big fight with Yeremi (before he left for the military) and when Yeremi tried to reach out by writing letters, Liam told him to stop writing. HARSH!

Watching them now, it's hard to believe they were ever estranged, because they're so close.

As for Corey, I am so in love with him. Total boyfriend/husband material.

I think that children of parents with disabilities are so much more thoughtful and caring, because they're taught empathy and responsibility at a young age. They have no choice.

Corey is such a good guy that I just light up he appears on the screen. And it doesn't hurt that he's hot as hell. He looks so much like his father, but younger and more in shape.

[quote] I don’t understand how that milquetoast team that got eliminated even made it on the show. They were so indecisive and bland and seemed completely indifferent to being there.

I really liked them. I thought they were hilariously clueless. They couldn't even make a simple decision together.

As "Super Fans" of the show, it was quite disappointing.

[quote] Any sightings of Phil's Amazing Package?

How did you guys miss it?

His HUGE cock was on display in episode one when he was introducing the Pit Stop for the first leg of the race, in front of the giant statue.

It was the first thing I noticed, because it looked like a third leg!

[quote] Watching their intro package, I was wondering, "just how dumb ARE their wives?"

Absolutely. The beards make them look "less gay" now, but when they were in the military, they looked like they were flaming! No wonder they found each other and became besties.

I'm thinking it's a Brokeback Mountain scenario, where they're both married but have a yearly "get together" where they spend time "going fishing" or "camping."

[quote] These felt like classic TAR challenges. They were tough and engaging to watch.

I would almost say too tough.

[quote] I'm glad the Asian couple is eliminated. They were given all of the legs so far on a silver platter with the challenges being all Asian-y and food related. It was weird that they had trouble making rice paper.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

The entire first and second legs seemed rigged in favor of them.

Not only were the challenges all about food/market skills (which is their business and trade), but it was also in a country and language with which they were familiar. It was ridiculous.

Then notice how when it came to an actual memory and recognition skill challenge (which put everyone on a level playing field), they failed miserably.

I'm glad they're gone.

[quote] All the hot guys survived another week!

This has been my main concern from the very beginning.

It gives me anxiety to think that Corey, Liam, or Yeremi would be eliminated.

[quote] I was getting anxiety watching the mattress challenge. I'm surprised a couple individuals didn't pass out or have heart attacks. I also couldn't believe the amount of ass sweat soaking through some of their shorts. Yucky. Specifically, the one bearded guy and one of the hot (but dumb) brothers. I bet that stairwell stunk like ass for a while.

Same here!!!

I felt like they were going to die.

This mattress challenge could be one of the hardest tasks I've ever seen on the show.

Between the crowds, the heat, and the pure physical exertion, I don't know how these teams were able to finish. I think I would have died on the stairs.

by Anonymousreply 104October 22, 2023 3:31 PM

[quote] Thanks, show, for the very brief shirtless photo of CODA Cody!

Here, R73.

You can have a longer look.

It's on his Instagram page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105October 22, 2023 3:32 PM

Shirtless Liam working outo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106October 22, 2023 3:42 PM

Shirtless Yeremi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107October 22, 2023 3:43 PM

The (out) gays are gone.

by Anonymousreply 108October 26, 2023 3:04 AM

I'm gonna miss my gays, but at least younger, hotter Matt Bomer is still with us.

by Anonymousreply 109October 26, 2023 6:52 AM

This was a wonderful episode. I really loved it.

First off, the beauty of the location really captured my attention. I have never in my life wanted to visit India, but I would actually visit Jaipur. It's stunning. And full of beautiful scenery, buildings, and culture.

Second, I'm very impressed with Anna Leigh. Yes, she's pushy and overbearing. But I give her a lot of credit for being so focused, and pushing her dad, when he slows her down. I can see how she would rub some people the wrong way, but in this kind of race, it's exactly what's needed. And she is really quite smart and detail oriented. Ordinarily, I wouldn't like someone like her (especially if they were losing), but I definitely must give her credit for leading her team to first place two times in a row.

Third, I was so nervous for Corey and his dad!!! It was just a lucky twist of fate that they chose the doll challenge. Who knew it would be so much easier than the picture challenge? And it made all the difference in the world. They went from last to 5th place! Whew!

Fourth, I was so sad to see Joe and Ian go home. They were a very likable gay couple. Not annoying, not pushy, and they got along well with each other. It was very refreshing to see. I was hoping they would have beaten those two annoying sisters. The older sister is particularly annoying. Unfortunately, they just lucked out with their cab driver who took the shortcut.

This race was a photo finish, and it was so exciting!

by Anonymousreply 110October 26, 2023 8:26 AM

Anna Leigh reminds me of Baby Billy's wife from The Righteous Gemstones!

by Anonymousreply 111October 26, 2023 12:48 PM

Whew......I may have to watch it again!

Nice Phil package at the top of the show as he walked toward the camera.

by Anonymousreply 112October 26, 2023 6:08 PM

I liked the gay couple. Much preferred them over those bitches who won the race several seasons ago by forming cliquish coalitions. I despise them.

by Anonymousreply 113October 27, 2023 1:24 AM

Although I'm sure they're well (or decently) compensated, I always feel bad for the locals who have to do the same skill over and over and over with the racers until they master said skill. Like the bowl dancers and musicians in Jaipur.

by Anonymousreply 114October 27, 2023 5:33 PM

Was there a new episode tonight?

by Anonymousreply 115November 2, 2023 2:40 AM

Yes, R115.

I’m waiting for them to finally get to Europe.

by Anonymousreply 116November 2, 2023 3:08 AM

The preview said the racers were going to be in Germany next week, so we’re getting closer. Fortunately, most of the male eye candy remains in case they have to do a speedo task in the Maldives.

by Anonymousreply 117November 2, 2023 4:00 AM

The eye candy was just eliminated. Now it's just Cody.

by Anonymousreply 118November 2, 2023 4:26 AM

*Corey

by Anonymousreply 119November 2, 2023 4:31 AM

This episode sucked donkey balls.

FUCK THAT RICKSHAW BITCH WHO SCREWED OVER THE HOT BOYS!!!!

No wonder they never used to let women drive rickshaws in India. Those women are fucking clueless.

It's completely unfair of TAR to force teams to stick with the same driver throughout the entire leg. If you have a shit driver like Liam and Yeremi had, then you are DOOMED to lose the race. Which is exactly what happened.

I think sometimes the show does shit like this to eliminate stronger teams, in favor of weaker teams (like those two ladies who came in ahead of the boys).

If I'm not mistaken, teams used to be able to grab a new driver, if their driver was slow or stupid, like Liam and Yeremi's driver was.

I swear, I would have been so fucking pissed at her and screaming my head off.

You're in a race for a million dollars. You should be able to switch out a bad taxi/rickshaw driver. PERIOD.

Fuck you, Amazing Race. I wanted to see Liam and Yeremi win.

by Anonymousreply 120November 2, 2023 9:42 AM

[quote]I wanted to see Liam and Yeremi win.

It was obvious from the get-go they had no chance. I wouldn't be surprised if one or both shows up on The Challenge or some other reality show, though.

by Anonymousreply 121November 2, 2023 11:40 AM

DEAD last.......

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 122November 2, 2023 3:41 PM

I like the new mandatory U-Turn but shouldn’t the team who came in first the last leg be the first one to cast their vote for who gets U-Turn?

by Anonymousreply 123November 3, 2023 3:58 AM

Anna Leigh is a huge cunt. She would be horrible to be around.

by Anonymousreply 124November 3, 2023 6:24 AM

[quote] Anna Leigh is a huge cunt. She would be horrible to be around.

Her father has been very patient with her nasty attitude up until now, but it looks like he loses it on her next week.

Can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 125November 3, 2023 7:54 AM

Anna Leigh’s a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 126November 3, 2023 8:26 AM

[quote]It's completely unfair of TAR to force teams to stick with the same driver throughout the entire leg.

When did TAR change this rule, because in the past people could switch drivers?

by Anonymousreply 127November 3, 2023 3:20 PM

I don't think there's been a rule change. If you get a taxi randomly on the street or at the airport, I don't think anything prevents you from stopping and switching to another one. However, when the vehicles & drivers are provided by TAR (i.e. "marked'), you're stuck with it, as was the case in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 128November 3, 2023 4:13 PM

[quote] when the vehicles & drivers are provided by TAR (i.e. "marked'), you're stuck with it, as was the case in this episode

Which, as mentioned earlier, absolutely DOOMS a team to lose the race.

Especially if you get a driver like the one that Liam and Yeremi had.

That woman was absolutely clueless, and had no idea where she was going.

As Liam said, "It would have been faster if we ran."

That was completely unfair to them, and she is the sole reason that they came in last.

What made it worse was that they had to sit there and take it, because they couldn't do anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 129November 3, 2023 4:17 PM

Well, if it would have been faster for L&Y to run, then they should have (sorry, L&Y's camera crew!). Will I miss their eye candy? Sure. Did they have a snowball's chance of winning it all? No. I hope they've mended whatever it was that broke their relationship,, though.

by Anonymousreply 130November 3, 2023 5:37 PM

[quote]The eye candy was just eliminated. Now it's just Cody.

Greg and John are just as attractive as Cody.

by Anonymousreply 131November 3, 2023 10:51 PM

r131, mmm not really.

by Anonymousreply 132November 4, 2023 1:04 AM

I teared up when Phil had to give the big kiss off to Maliana and Andrea at the vacant carnival venue. I really liked them and will miss their contribution to the show.

by Anonymousreply 133November 9, 2023 4:20 AM

Watching the Pink Team this leg, really really really pissed me off.

What a complete waste of a racing spot they were.

I was crushed last week when Liam and Yeremi went home because of their stupid rickshaw driver.

So to think that Liam and Yeremi would have done an infinitely better job on this leg than the Pink Team did, makes me angry.

The Amazing Race MUST do a better job at fairness. That stupid India leg, where teams' fates were left up to some stupid cab driver, was not fair at all. It left a crappy team in the race, and eliminated a good team.

Germany just proved what an awful team the Pink ladies were, when left to their own devices. The only reason they got so far was because cab drivers did all the navigating for them in Asia.

Once they were left to their own devices in finding their way around, the Pink team just collapsed.

How is that even fair to Liam and Yeremi. It's not! It's total bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 134November 9, 2023 7:09 AM

I hope that Team Misery gets eliminated next week.

They are very unpleasant to each other, and nasty to the other teams.

They don't smile, they don't say thank you, and they're not helpful to other teams. Yet they had no problem leeching on to the brothers, because they couldn't do their own navigation.

And that one lady, she is just over it. She refused to do the math to count the coins, she didn't want to remember the names of the mustard, etc. Why is she even on the race?

At least the brothers are having fun, taking their time, enjoying the countries and the challenges, and they still have time to be nice to each other and the other teams.

I would be happy to see any of the remaining teams win, EXCEPT for those two miserable women on Team Misery.

by Anonymousreply 135November 9, 2023 7:12 AM

Those sisters are a pain in the ass. My favorite part of this week’s episode was the father putting that bitchy daughter of his in her place. “Get your ass back here and let me drive.” 😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 136November 9, 2023 8:32 AM

I love that the bearded guys were genuinely surprised that they weren't last.

That's what's nice about not being in a crowded city in race-provided transportation. The teams are spaced farther apart, and don't have a real sense of where the other teams are.

In this case, the Pink Team was so lost, that no one else knew where they were. It makes the race more exciting and more unpredictable.

Can you imagine if the Pink Team did the soccer challenge, while the bearded team did the mustard challenge and they were closer together?

The bearded team would have lost, because they were just taking their time tasting the mustard and eating the hot dog.

by Anonymousreply 137November 9, 2023 8:48 AM

It’s always sad when a team is so far behind that Phil has to go meet them.

by Anonymousreply 138November 9, 2023 9:11 AM

[quote]I hope they've mended whatever it was that broke their relationship,, though.

I know I've watched too much porn when I assume they had a falling out over their taboo adolescent sexual relationship. In my mind they've made up and are in a consensual loving relationship with each other

by Anonymousreply 139November 9, 2023 11:04 AM

[quote]So to think that Liam and Yeremi would have done an infinitely better job on this leg than the Pink Team did, makes me angry.

Assumes facts not in evidence. Liam and Yeremi showed no aptitude for non-physical parts of the race.

by Anonymousreply 140November 9, 2023 11:35 AM

R139, That idea is not so far-fetched.

by Anonymousreply 141November 9, 2023 12:46 PM

[quote]It’s always sad when a team is so far behind that Phil has to go meet them.

The hay bales of season 6.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142November 10, 2023 6:39 AM

Corey becomes more adorable each episode. I'm rooting for him and his dad.

If they don't win, I would be happy if Team Urkel (John and Greg) wins.

by Anonymousreply 143November 10, 2023 1:41 PM

Same here, R143. Corey and his dad were my favorites from the beginning.

Greg and John are also now my favorites. I don't think they have been unpleasant even once during this race. And the funniest thing about them is that they just take their time (I think they actually almost WASTE time), they move so slowly, and they are very nice to other people. Yet they are still at the front of the pack!

But the other teams aren't bad.

The bearded guys Joel and Garret are very nice. They haven't done one mean thing this entire race.

The tall married couple Ashlie and Todd are very cool too. They have actually helped out a lot of other teams. On this most recent episode Ashlie helpted Corey's dad Rob with the clue to the combination lock. She didn't even think twice. He asked her for help, and she told him the answer. (PS, he didn't even say thank you!)

Steve and Anna Leigh aren't bad either. Anna Leigh is pushy, but I truly think she's not malicious. She treats other people on the race well, and she also treats the locals well. So I can't be mad at her about getting frustrated with her dad every now and then. She's just very driven.

The only two objectionable teams left are Morgan and Lena and Robbin and Chelsea.

Morgan and Lena are just annoying because of their bickering. I mean, they don't stop. The older sister is also such a bitch. She rarely smiles. Not even on the carnival challenge, which everyone else enjoyed.

Then there's Robbin and Chelsea, who are probably the most unpleasant people on the race. I can't stand either one of them. If they make it to the final three, then I'll be very worried.

Next week is another express pass, and it looks like it's a race to get it between Rob and Corey and Greg and John.

by Anonymousreply 144November 10, 2023 5:23 PM

I liked this episode a lot.

Fun challenges, great scenery, Phil's package, and a German guy throwing a fat woman in the air.

The only thing we didn't get [yet] is a slap dance.

by Anonymousreply 145November 10, 2023 6:03 PM

Pretty sure Morgan and Lena would win a slap dance.

Still Team Corey and Dad!

by Anonymousreply 146November 10, 2023 6:06 PM

I still miss brothers/lovers Liam and Yeremi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147November 10, 2023 6:08 PM

The ages of the contestants are interesting.

Steve is the oldest at 54. (What???)

Liam is the youngest at 23.

Yeremi is 24.

Greg and Corey are both 25.

John and Iliana are both 27.

Anna Leigh is 28.

Lena and Sheridan are 29.

Morgan is 31.

Alexandra is 34.

Joe is 35.

Ashlie and Todd are 38.

Ian is 40.

Robbin and Chelsea are both 41.

Joel is 42. Garrett is 43.

Andrea is 44 and Malaina is 45.

Rob is 48.

Elizabeth is 52.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148November 10, 2023 6:19 PM

I want to see John and Greg spit roast Corey. Can AI make that happen?

by Anonymousreply 149November 10, 2023 7:53 PM

Everything Corey does screams All-American hetero. Not that I mind that. I'm sure he's nice to his gay chums.

by Anonymousreply 150November 11, 2023 2:06 AM

Why do they usually cast at least one team with an out of shape black person who has almost no chance of winning? It feels racist. It's not every season, but it does happen regularly. This season Malaina and Andrea were actually pretty good, but Malaina is clearly in worse shape than all of the other females, and most of the other men.

by Anonymousreply 151November 11, 2023 2:40 AM

[quote] Why do they usually cast at least one team with an out of shape black person who has almost no chance of winning? It feels racist.

BULLSHIT.

Anna Leigh's dad Steve is 54, old, and out of shape.

Corey's dad Rob is 48, and overweight.

Both are older than Andrea and Malaina, and just as physically unfit.

And yet both of their teams are consistently at the top of the pack.

So GTFO of here with that rubbish.

by Anonymousreply 152November 11, 2023 2:45 AM

[quote] Steve and Anna Leigh aren't bad either. Anna Leigh is pushy, but I truly think she's not malicious. She treats other people on the race well, and she also treats the locals well. So I can't be mad at her about getting frustrated with her dad every now and then. She's just very driven.

Are you female? Anna Leigh isn’t just driven. She’s an obnoxious bitch and doesn’t care about being a bitch to other people.

by Anonymousreply 153November 11, 2023 3:06 PM

No spoiler but tonight is Anna Leigh at her most obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 154November 16, 2023 2:44 AM

Now I want to go to Slovenia.

by Anonymousreply 155November 16, 2023 2:51 AM

I guess it was too much for me to wish someone would say "Slovenia? That's where Donald Trump bought Melania!"

by Anonymousreply 156November 16, 2023 3:12 AM

I usually wait until it becomes available on Paramount+ so I won’t have to FF through commercials.

I read somewhere that next season’s episodes will be 90 minutes as well. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 157November 16, 2023 3:21 AM

I love the 90-minute episodes. This show, the locations, the challenges... It earns the extra length.

by Anonymousreply 158November 16, 2023 3:33 AM

I like the 90-minute episodes of TAR and Survivor also. Even when they put in a little filler it's entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 159November 16, 2023 3:52 AM

[quote]tonight is Anna Leigh at her most obnoxious.

Seeing her Philiminated would have been very satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 160November 16, 2023 4:09 AM

I like ALL of the remaining teams and the eliminated team is a SMALL LOSS.

Of course Anna Leigh is annoying and I'm ready for her to be gone - and hopefully humiliated in the process.

I thought for a moment there would be a penalty when she & her dad took the elevator at the last place, but it was allowed - "....it doesn't say not to....."

Cory & Dad are still my favorites - but everyone else is also worth rooting for.

by Anonymousreply 161November 16, 2023 2:20 PM

I like the blacks bros, especially with me in the middle of a DP. I hope they win.

by Anonymousreply 162November 16, 2023 3:20 PM

What an exciting episode! I love a surprise ending.

I was sure that Anna Leigh and her dad were going home. They were so far behind.

And it was so weird how the sisters team and the bearded guy team were both encouraging them, "Keep going. It's not over until it's over." And look what happened!

Happy for the brothers winning another leg. They're doing really well.

But I'm also happy for Corey and his dad. The amount of climbing in this episode was unreal. Both of the older and out-of-shape men (Steve and Rob) completed the stair challenge, and I thought they were going to croak! And then just when you thought it was over, they had to make another climb up the spiral staircase!!

How awful.

And to think that the married couple got there first, but missed the clue to the stairway. They don't usually make that kind of mistake, but I think the pressure is getting to everyone.

In the end, I'm not sad that the sisters went home. I'm glad that they mended their relationship, but I was so tired of watching them argue.

And unlike R161 I would still like to see Team Misery go home. Those ladies are still piggy backing on the brothers, and following them in their cars, every chance they get. This episode, the brothers even mentioned that they didn't want those ladies following them.

This leg of the race was really difficult. Between all the climbing, and then the bales of hay (which led to a lot of sneezing and also an allergic reaction for Corey, I actually felt bad for the racers.

I think it's only going to get harder from here on out.

by Anonymousreply 163November 16, 2023 3:25 PM

When the bearded guys came back for their notebook, I wonder if that means they'll be in the final 3?

They said, "we intend to be in the finals, and we'll need our notes."

That could be foreshadowing a win for them, because it was a smart move to go back for that book. I don't think that anyone else is taking notes, except for these guys.

by Anonymousreply 164November 16, 2023 7:35 PM

Anna Leigh’s BCE (Big Cunt Energy) propels her and her father ahead of nicer people.

by Anonymousreply 165November 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Did they always allow people to take notes? I don't remember that happening before.

by Anonymousreply 166November 16, 2023 9:30 PM

A lot of teams have said on many seasons that they took copious notes of everything they did and where they went in preparation for a memory challenge.

by Anonymousreply 167November 16, 2023 11:26 PM

Ok now that you mention the memory challenge that does sound familiar - thanks!

by Anonymousreply 168November 17, 2023 1:23 AM

Still Team CODA! Corey could easily work as a Disney prince at any of the theme parks.

Given the opening montage, do we think there'll be Irish stepdancing on this season or was that a leftover clip from a previous season? (I'm a returning viewer who hasn't watched TAR in many seasons.) After all of the stairclimbing in this episode their thighs should be ready.

by Anonymousreply 169November 17, 2023 5:56 PM

Yes, R169!

Corey is definitely Prince Charming.

I am so in love with him, I can't even think straight.

by Anonymousreply 170November 17, 2023 8:30 PM

I think this week's episode was the best I've seen over the last few seasons!

by Anonymousreply 171November 17, 2023 9:30 PM

I once got surprise anal from a Disney World Prince Charming.

by Anonymousreply 172November 17, 2023 10:16 PM

^Cinderella

by Anonymousreply 173November 17, 2023 11:58 PM

No R173.

R172 is actually BILL TAYLOR!

He's working his way through the Disney cast.

by Anonymousreply 174November 18, 2023 12:00 AM

[quote]I guess it was too much for me to wish someone would say "Slovenia? That's where Donald Trump bought Melania!"

I was hoping for a task where they had to dress up like cheap hookers (even the men) and try to score at least 100 Euros. A true tribute to Vairst Letty.

by Anonymousreply 175November 18, 2023 12:53 AM

R175, lol! I'm sure Slovenians are happy to be known for something else other than Melania for once.

by Anonymousreply 176November 19, 2023 9:27 AM

They should go from Slovenia to Slovakia.

by Anonymousreply 177November 19, 2023 10:18 PM

R177, they're going to Crimea next, where Anna Leigh has to dodge artillery shells for a roadbock.

by Anonymousreply 178November 20, 2023 4:45 AM

Couldn’t believe that, after their long, futile search for the Express Pass, Anna Leigh & her dad survived another leg. And Garrett’s unfamiliarity with the Cold War & its demise was surprising.

by Anonymousreply 179November 20, 2023 3:44 PM

[quote] Anna Leigh & her dad survived another leg.

[bold]MAGAnna[/bold] Leigh & her dad survived another leg.

There I fixed it. We all know she is...

by Anonymousreply 180November 20, 2023 5:50 PM

The previews made it look like they would be visiting a poor country next.

It looked tropical and poor, so I guess they're leaving Europe.

by Anonymousreply 181November 20, 2023 5:55 PM

Who do we think will be the one who complains about all the dirty poor people? There's always that one player...

by Anonymousreply 182November 20, 2023 8:45 PM

[quote]all the dirty poor people

I hope my sweet Corey will give them the shirt off his back - and maybe his shoes and socks. Let's see them feets, Corey!

by Anonymousreply 183November 20, 2023 9:22 PM

R183, maybe his underwear too for good measure!

by Anonymousreply 184November 20, 2023 10:11 PM

Corey is a perfect specimen. My god.

Slovenia looked incredible.

Love the nerdy brothers. Hope they or team CODA win.

I assumed Steve was 64. Damn. That’s a rough 54.

by Anonymousreply 185November 21, 2023 2:17 AM

[quote] I assumed Steve was 64. Damn. That’s a rough 54.

Try having a daughter like Anna Leigh!

by Anonymousreply 186November 21, 2023 2:21 AM

R135, those broads are sour! Although you'd probably not be too happy if your name was spelled RobBin.

by Anonymousreply 187November 22, 2023 4:00 PM

Is there a new episode tonight, or are they taking a break for Thanksgiving?

by Anonymousreply 188November 22, 2023 6:13 PM

New ep!

by Anonymousreply 189November 22, 2023 6:15 PM

I want to see Anna Hobby Lobby Leigh get hit by something, like that woman who took a watermelon to the face many seasons back.

by Anonymousreply 190November 22, 2023 9:48 PM

^^^^ That made me laugh, I would love to see that also, except for the whining that would follow.

by Anonymousreply 191November 22, 2023 9:52 PM

Whenever someone is named Anna Leigh, all I hear is anally.

Such a strange name choice.

by Anonymousreply 192November 22, 2023 11:01 PM

Sexiful bare armed maleness in the buoy and mussels challenges.

by Anonymousreply 193November 23, 2023 2:44 AM

Todd has quite nice tits.

by Anonymousreply 194November 23, 2023 2:50 AM

Bye, Robbin and Chelsea

by Anonymousreply 195November 23, 2023 4:20 AM

I'm confused.

Am I mistaken, or did the brothers not properly complete the buoy challenge?

Yes, they brought back two bags of mussels, but they failed to replace the buoy with the mussels, with a replacement buoy.

The editors even highlighted that mistake.

So I'm confused why A) the woman gave them their next clue, and B) Phil didn't send them back to do the challenge correctly or penalize them for doing it wrong.

Corey and Rob knew that they had to do the challenge correctly, and when they couldn't do it, they switched challenges.

Am I wrong?

by Anonymousreply 196November 23, 2023 7:18 AM

Corey's ass looked spectacular in that wet suit.

It's nice and plump!

by Anonymousreply 197November 23, 2023 7:20 AM

Fuck yes, r197. I had to rewind and watch it a couple times

by Anonymousreply 198November 23, 2023 8:09 AM

CBS needs to make advert revenue, and you dumb shits will watch dogs fuck in the street.

Dogs fucking in the street, the original American reality show, followed by HS Football.

by Anonymousreply 199November 23, 2023 8:14 AM

R199 you sound like a lunatic.

Get help.

You must be one of the ladies from Team Misery.

Haha it was funny that the blonde one even said, "I just want Phil to put us out of our misery."

So she even admitted it!

by Anonymousreply 200November 23, 2023 11:59 AM

R196 I thought the brothers went back and corrected that....I was distracted by something else that was happening in the other kayak........

Goodbye, Team Misery. Phil put ALL of us out of our misery by sending you home.

by Anonymousreply 201November 23, 2023 2:27 PM

[quote] I thought the brothers went back and corrected that....I was distracted by something else that was happening in the other kayak........

Yeah, the whole thing was confusing because Corey and his dad were there, and then the Beards just arrived also.

But I was watching the brothers pretty carefully, and I don't think they replaced the buoy with the mussels with a new one.

If I have time later tonight, I'll watch it again On Demand.

by Anonymousreply 202November 23, 2023 2:32 PM

R196, I thought the same thing. I was waiting for Phil to give them a penalty like in older seasons. Teams that didn’t complete the challenge but made it to the mat used to incur a 30-minute penalty. They were still in the race as long as the last team didn’t check in before the penalty time expired.

by Anonymousreply 203November 23, 2023 2:41 PM

The whole thing was very off R203, and it could seemingly affect the outcome of the race.

If I were the other teams, I would be raising an eyebrow at this episode.

Especially if the brothers end up winning.

by Anonymousreply 204November 23, 2023 2:45 PM

You might want to watch it again.

I just re-watched that section and the brothers did nothing wrong. In fact, after they retrieve the first net of mussels, John turns to the camera and says, "Now we need to swap out the marked buoy with the one we brought. And we're not good with knots.. But we just need something strong enough that it stays." They are then shown throwing the replacement into the water and rowing back to the platform with the marked buoy in their kayak. Rinse and repeat.

The editors showed that Rob & Corey were missing the replacement buoy, not the brothers.

by Anonymousreply 205November 23, 2023 5:23 PM

[quote] I just re-watched that section and the brothers did nothing wrong. In fact, after they retrieve the first net of mussels, John turns to the camera and says, "Now we need to swap out the marked buoy with the one we brought. And we're not good with knots.. But we just need something strong enough that it stays." They are then shown throwing the replacement into the water and rowing back to the platform with the marked buoy in their kayak. Rinse and repeat.

Yes, I saw that.

They did it the FIRST time, but not the second time.

That's when the show editors highlighted in white, that the brothers took the mussels with the buoy, but did not REPLACE the buoy.

The SHOW highlighted that in white, which is the only reason I noticed it.

Then after that, it never showed them replacing the buoy. And I know that because they made one trip back to the dock, without making a return trip to replace the missing buoy.

by Anonymousreply 206November 23, 2023 5:28 PM

The only thing that was highlighted was when Rob and Corey messed up on the first buoy. The brothers did not make any mistakes, nor was anything highlighted.

by Anonymousreply 207November 23, 2023 5:33 PM

The 1.5 hr episodes are starting to become a bit much as the teams dwindle down. I was getting bored this last episode.

by Anonymousreply 208November 23, 2023 10:40 PM

R206 Watch it again. It was Corey who made the mistake (he talks about it later when they're pulling up to the pier). You see him untying the buoy and letting the rope slip into the water, which is when they cut to the mussels underwater with the rope trailing loose.

by Anonymousreply 209November 23, 2023 10:45 PM

TAR having underwater shots of the mussels not being pulled up by Cory and his dad makes me wonder how that was achieved, there were hundreds of buoys, TAR wouldn't have known ahead of time that a shot of the mussels underwater was needed or which one Cory and his dad would be going to, in order to be there to get that shot.

I suppose TAR could have staged the underwater shot of just some random bag of mussels after the competition was over but that seems a little unethical.

TAR = The Amazing Race

by Anonymousreply 210November 24, 2023 12:32 AM

Are there any podcasts from any of this cast?

by Anonymousreply 211November 24, 2023 2:32 AM

I believe you R209.

Guess I was mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 212November 24, 2023 3:17 AM

r211 I recommend the RHAP podcast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213November 24, 2023 3:30 AM

R210 TAR could have gone back to pick up the underwater shot after CODA moved to the other challenge.

by Anonymousreply 214November 24, 2023 5:00 PM

Phil looked quite irritated when the miserable female team showed up. I’m guessing they went swimming and dicked around and he was stuck waiting for them.

Slovenia truly does look incredible.

by Anonymousreply 215November 24, 2023 9:37 PM

For the young & still impressionable, I refer you to the trial that Oswald never lived to see. With a jury in the UK & represented by then-noted trial attorney Gerry Spence, who famously claimed to have never lost a jury trial. Spoiler alert: He lost.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216November 25, 2023 5:22 PM

^ Oopsie.

by Anonymousreply 217November 25, 2023 5:31 PM

Well, dammit, it looks like next week is when the cast finally takes their damn clothes off.

by Anonymousreply 218November 30, 2023 3:47 AM

This episode was kind of boring for me.

The challenges weren't all that exciting, and I really hate when teams work together. It really defeats the purpose of a race, as far as I'm concerned.

Which is why I was happy that the Beards came in first. They didn't get any help from anyone else. They just relied on themselves, and came out on top. (PS, I'm really starting to think that they're both either closeted gays or bisexual).

The brothers did a great job with the restaurant task. I love how they are so smart in their approach to the tasks, which really serves them well.

Rob and Corey seemed kind of out of it on this leg. Not sure why they seem so inept, all of a sudden.

Then there's Steve and Anna Leigh. Dear lord, she's going to kill her father. Lol. That poor guy looked like he was ready to drop dead from running. And all she could do was bitch at him!!

Well, he raised that little monster, so .... good luck with that, Steve!

I was sad for the team that left. They really seemed like a decent couple. But if someone had to go, then I'm kind of glad it was them.

Because honestly, I need to see Rob and Corey in the finale with the brothers. Please, please, please!!

It would be nice if the beards were the third team, but I wouldn't be disappointed with Steve and Anna Leigh.

I think everyone in the final four deserves to be there, so I would be happy with any of the remaining teams winning.

by Anonymousreply 219November 30, 2023 7:17 AM

I don’t want to see the Harpy win.

by Anonymousreply 220November 30, 2023 12:31 PM

DAMN! I was really hoping that harpy bitch Annalingus would get eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 221November 30, 2023 1:38 PM

Corey looked even hotter wearing glasses. Unfortunately, I don't think he and his dad are the sharpest tools in the shed.

1) Ran past the numbers for the sky-diving challenge.

2) Couldn't find the main entrance to the Royal Dramatic Theatre, even though they were at it.

3) Ran around aimlessly with a couple other teams trying to find the subway station (after the Pampas Marina clue).

And, worst of all --

4) Getting on the bus and telling Anna Leigh and her dumb Daddy that the clue said to take the subway.

You have to be pretty lame to come in third on a leg where you used the Express Pass.

by Anonymousreply 222November 30, 2023 3:46 PM

Sad to lose the married couple INSTEAD of bitch Anna Leigh......fingers crossed for a brothers, beards, CODA top three after next week.

by Anonymousreply 223November 30, 2023 4:03 PM

Man I just can not stand Anna Leigh so it really pains me to say they are probably the best team but damn I hope they don't win. Hated to see Todd go, his wife not so much.

by Anonymousreply 224November 30, 2023 5:25 PM

I don’t understand why they thought the Midsommer Road Block was a good use of the express pass. It was not a difficult challenge.

I think they would need a crow bar to get me off of that plane. I’m not afraid of heights, but I am afraid of jumping into them.

by Anonymousreply 225November 30, 2023 6:09 PM

None of the tasks were very difficult in this episode R225.

That's why it was kind of slow.

I mean, making a wreath, finding a violinist in a concert hall, and then serving food or sorting recyclables. Meh.

It seemed like a travel video for Sweden.

I hope it gets harder in Ireland. I want them to WORK for that million dollars!

by Anonymousreply 226November 30, 2023 6:16 PM

[quote]I don’t understand why they thought the Midsommer Road Block was a good use of the express pass. It was not a difficult challenge.

Purely speculation: I wonder if, seeing the people dancing and singing, Corey thought there might be an audible component to the challenge. (His dad had already indicated that he would be doing it.)

by Anonymousreply 227November 30, 2023 6:59 PM

The brothers said they knew French, but couldn't pronounce "chaud"?

by Anonymousreply 228December 1, 2023 2:51 AM

He probably knew what it meant R228, but just pronounced it wrong.

Americans do the same thing with Spanish.

They might understand what the word means, but they don't know how to pronounce it properly.

Big deal.

When foreigners come to the US, we don't criticize them for mispronouncing English.

by Anonymousreply 229December 1, 2023 3:26 AM

I liked Todd this whole time, then he had to go and bring God into it right at the end.

by Anonymousreply 230December 1, 2023 4:10 AM

[quote] When foreigners come to the US, we don't criticize them for mispronouncing English.

Polite people don't but I've worked with many morons who I've had to remind not to snicker or mock others for misusing or mispronouncing English words.

by Anonymousreply 231December 1, 2023 4:52 PM

I don't like Anna Leigh but I gotta hand it to her--she really nailed that wreath road block. I couldn't believe that she and her father then found the violinist before the CODA team, which had used the Express Pass.

by Anonymousreply 232December 1, 2023 6:30 PM

God that ginger brat SCREAMING at her father to RUN is so grating.

Happy for the beards. I hate when teams work together.

by Anonymousreply 233December 1, 2023 6:47 PM

I don't like Anna Leigh either, but I think *some* of her seeming constant yelling at her dad is due to the new 90-minute episode length. Gotta fill the timeframe. And then there's those random destinations -- like a pretty boat at a pier or subway station-- that then send the racers on to another location/challenge. Drop those and maybe make the challenges harder/more compelling. (Although truth be told, that Nobel menu challenge would have broken my brain, as it would have any of the other racers than the brothers.)

Up next -- Corey Does Irish Step Dancing!

by Anonymousreply 234December 2, 2023 9:47 PM

Up next -- Corey Does Irish Step Dancing!

with very tight pants please.

by Anonymousreply 235December 3, 2023 2:08 AM

On the next Amazing Race..... Corey gets his ass eaten by leprechauns!

by Anonymousreply 236December 3, 2023 3:03 AM

I found Todd kinda hot, but yeah, the God thing killed it.

by Anonymousreply 237December 3, 2023 10:10 AM

I guess we now know why poor Steve is 54, but looks 74! Oy!

by Anonymousreply 238December 3, 2023 11:03 AM

He needs a better portfolio, but still, here's Yeremi's modeling page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239December 3, 2023 11:44 AM

He’s one of those models who has the same expression in every photo. A better portfolio is not possible.

by Anonymousreply 240December 3, 2023 12:51 PM

Yeremi's modeling agency with offices in Nashville, Austin and Denver. Are those really hotbeds of modeling?

by Anonymousreply 241December 3, 2023 5:58 PM

R241, that's when you know you made it big in flyover heaven!

by Anonymousreply 242December 4, 2023 2:55 PM

We need agents all over the country to find wholesome, strapping youths and bring them to the big cities to take of all their clothes and be photographed in homoerotic poses.

by Anonymousreply 243December 4, 2023 2:58 PM

[quote] We need agents all over the country to find wholesome, strapping youths and bring them to the big cities to take of all their clothes and be photographed in homoerotic poses.

Agreed! A Federal Agency!

by Anonymousreply 244December 4, 2023 4:49 PM

Todd speaking about God and their past relationship troubles was code for he strayed, right?

by Anonymousreply 245December 5, 2023 10:47 AM

R239 I mean...he's def HOT AF but not every good-looking person is a model. Calm down.

by Anonymousreply 246December 5, 2023 11:11 AM

I don't know if it just the editing or not but at least twice Anna Leigh has been behind her dad while running and has said, "Come on Dad."

by Anonymousreply 247December 7, 2023 2:38 AM

Couldn't be happier!

by Anonymousreply 248December 7, 2023 3:23 AM

A shirtless Corey, the brothers, and couple of cute Riverdance guys. A great episode.

by Anonymousreply 249December 7, 2023 2:19 PM

So glad MAGA girl didn’t make the final 3. I did like Papa though but oh well. I love it when you have a final 3 where you don’t mind who wins and can just enjoy the final leg.

by Anonymousreply 250December 7, 2023 2:38 PM

Hurray! Loved the swimming and dancing!

I just really want Corey & Dad to win - but I would be happy for ANY of the top three teams.

Go Team Coda!

by Anonymousreply 251December 7, 2023 3:15 PM

Seems like any of the three remaining teams could win. I'd give a slight edge to the brothers, but they have been known to get a little lost driving.

Anyone got a screencap of shirtless Corey at the Forty Foot? (The Forty Foot is also a central location in Jamie O'Neill's novel At Swim, Two Boys and was also a location in Bad Sisters on Apple+.) Those poor Riverdance musicians and dancers having to do it over and over and over...

by Anonymousreply 252December 8, 2023 5:58 PM

I loved it when Steve arrived first, ahead of Anna Leigh, at the end to be officially told by Phil that he & his daughter had been eliminated. Knowing that this hellish ride was about to be over probably gave him that final rush of adrenaline.

by Anonymousreply 253December 8, 2023 6:52 PM

Those non-Amazing Race people looked so nonchalant floating about in that freezing water...

by Anonymousreply 254December 8, 2023 9:18 PM

Corey & Rob's application video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255December 8, 2023 9:56 PM

On their channel, Corey & Rob talk to Greg & John.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256December 8, 2023 9:58 PM

Corey should hook up with one of the gay brothers.^^ That'd be a cute, swirly couple.😂😂

by Anonymousreply 257December 8, 2023 10:15 PM

^ Who's gay?

by Anonymousreply 258December 8, 2023 10:25 PM

Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 259December 8, 2023 10:35 PM

Cory's ass is ridiculously bubbly.

by Anonymousreply 260December 8, 2023 10:50 PM

R258, I've assumed both brothers are gay this entire time. They ping!

by Anonymousreply 261December 8, 2023 10:56 PM

Just when you think Corey couldn't be cuter, He comes on screen with scruff! (Show us the younger brother!!)

by Anonymousreply 262December 8, 2023 11:04 PM

What a great episode.

Corey shirtless. Corey's abs. Corey's butt in tight pants. Does it get any better than this?

He and his dad are the feel good team of the season. I just like them both so much, because they seem like very decent people. You don't see that too much nowdays.

I guess Corey is straight, since he seemed to have a crush on his Riverdance instructor. Athough he confused me when he stated that he chose his baseball teacher because "he had a nice smile." That was funny.

And so many of those dancers were cute. I love the blond guy teaching the Bearded guy how to dance.

I got so emotional during this whole episode, because there were so many heartfelt scenes between the team partners. Even Steve and Anna Leigh.

People here give her a lot of shit, but that girl is a powerhouse. She's also sharp as shit. Swimming, Running, Hiking, Building, Memorizing, etc. She's good at all of it.

I'm very happy that it's an all-male finale. That's the first in a long time.

And like the rest of you, I'll be happy with whoever wins.

Although I just think that with the way the editing of personal stories has been going, and how they zoom in on certain words said by team members, the Beards are probably going to win.

There was a lot of foreshadowing going on in the editing, and I've been paying attention. Even hearkening back to that challenge where the beards forgot their notebook and went back for it because they would need it during the final memory challenge. And voila! Here they are in the final three.

But there were other clues too, like the taller beard saying he wants to buy a service dog for his disabled daughter with the prize winnings. The other teams aren't getting personal background stories like that.

I really wanted Corey and his dad to win, but I think the Beards have it.

by Anonymousreply 263December 8, 2023 11:16 PM

I could have watched Corey dancing all night long. That was sexy!

He was the recruitment chair of his fraternity at Pepperdine, Sigma Chi. I probably would join Sigma Chi at that point. I've been known to give fraternity men blow jobs from time to time. Corey, please let me accept your invitation...

by Anonymousreply 264December 9, 2023 12:05 AM

[quote]I guess Corey is straight, since he seemed to have a crush on his Riverdance instructor. Athough he confused me when he stated that he chose his baseball teacher because "he had a nice smile."

Someone saying someone has a nice smile is a sign to you that they are gay? Wow.

by Anonymousreply 265December 9, 2023 12:15 AM

[quote]On their channel, Corey & Rob talk to Greg & John

In the video, Greg and John have the attitude of people who won. Corey and Rob have the attitude of people who support the team who won.

by Anonymousreply 266December 9, 2023 12:18 AM

[quote] In the video, Greg and John have the attitude of people who won. Corey and Rob have the attitude of people who support the team who won.

I think you could just as easily draw the conclusion that just the opposite is true. I watched for hints & found them lacking.

by Anonymousreply 267December 9, 2023 12:40 AM

Pepperdine? Isn’t that some kind of Christian school?

by Anonymousreply 268December 9, 2023 2:41 AM

I'm confused about the arena thing. I thought they said either hit it over in one or into the net three times, but two teams got credit for hitting it in the net.

by Anonymousreply 269December 9, 2023 2:55 AM

Either place would qualify as scoring points, R269.

The lower area is actually a harder spot to get the ball in, which means you get three points in the actual game. If you get it through the posts, you only get one point.

So the teams that got the ball in the net would have scored higher in the actual sport.

But it didn't matter, because scoring in either area would get you the clue.

by Anonymousreply 270December 9, 2023 3:17 AM

Thanks r270. I misunderstood what the rules were.

by Anonymousreply 271December 9, 2023 4:39 AM

Pepperdine is not a Christian school, but is known for hot guys.

by Anonymousreply 272December 9, 2023 12:37 PM

Why are we calling Joel and Garrett "The Beards" when only one of them has a beard?

by Anonymousreply 273December 9, 2023 2:06 PM

Wikipedia: Pepperdine University (/ˈpɛpərdaɪn/) is a private research university affiliated with the Churches of Christ with its main campus in Los Angeles County, California.

by Anonymousreply 274December 9, 2023 2:12 PM

Pepperdine!

Pepper MINE with kisses!

by Anonymousreply 275December 9, 2023 2:41 PM

Some Pepperdine Alumni you might have heard of

Chase Crawford

Madison Hildebrand

Joseph Baena

Christine Blasey Ford who testified against Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Bill Weir

Kim Fields

by Anonymousreply 276December 9, 2023 4:15 PM

Ken Starr was Dean of Pepperdine Law School after he prosecuted President Clinton for lying about a blow job.

by Anonymousreply 277December 9, 2023 5:19 PM

“Lying about a blow job” = “Third-rate burglary.”

by Anonymousreply 278December 9, 2023 5:50 PM

Who is the "Corey went to Pepperdine???' troll??

Are you trying to get him "cancelled" for some ridiculous reason?

by Anonymousreply 279December 9, 2023 6:12 PM

Why do you ask that? Is going to Pepperdine is a red flag?

by Anonymousreply 280December 9, 2023 6:27 PM

My impression of Pepperdine is that it's more kids who want to go to a beachside college in Malibu rather than devout.

Back to AR, it's been a long time since I've liked a F3 this much!

by Anonymousreply 281December 9, 2023 9:16 PM

I hope MAGAnna Leigh watched the season as it aired and saw how Corey interacted with his dad Rob and realized she is a major league cuntrag who needs to change her ways.

Too bad they don’t do a live reunion show. It would have been interesting to see if any of the other teams (or Phil) would have called her out for her disrespectful behavior towards her father.

by Anonymousreply 282December 9, 2023 9:25 PM

I wasn't impressed with how Steve non-interacted with the locals, so I'm okay with ANALLY bossing him around.

by Anonymousreply 283December 9, 2023 10:55 PM

I have to agree with you, R283.

I really tried to like Steve, but he seems like a major asshole. Very Texan.

Not pleasant at all.

by Anonymousreply 284December 10, 2023 12:45 AM

R284, even Anna-Leigh made much more effort being polite with the locals than he did, so meh to him.

by Anonymousreply 285December 10, 2023 3:21 AM

R252 You're welcome....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286December 10, 2023 10:34 AM

Also, bless sites like ausCAPS, Shirtless Men on the Blog, and LPSG. These people are doing God's work.

by Anonymousreply 287December 10, 2023 10:37 AM

R286, they could pass for that gay Boston police officer and his twink lover on that other thread around here.

by Anonymousreply 288December 10, 2023 4:56 PM

Longtime TAR fans will remember Luke and his mother Margie from season 14. Luke was deaf, gay and cried a lot. They played in 2009.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289December 10, 2023 8:27 PM

I liked them, r289, but he was way too dependent on his mom. MA! MA!

by Anonymousreply 290December 10, 2023 8:31 PM

I think Luke could have had a good career in gay porn. His mom probably held him back from looking into it.

by Anonymousreply 291December 10, 2023 8:36 PM

[quote] think Luke could have had a good career in gay porn. His mom probably held him back from looking into it.

I always support my son in his porn pursuits!

by Anonymousreply 292December 10, 2023 8:53 PM

[QUOTE]They played in 2009.

And 2011. And 2014. They kept bringing them back (to lose over & over again).

I couldn't stand them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293December 10, 2023 9:39 PM

Early Christmas! Thanks, R286!! That young man is fiiiine.

by Anonymousreply 294December 11, 2023 5:16 PM

Did anyone watch the finale?

Who won???

by Anonymousreply 295December 14, 2023 12:26 AM

Did anyone watch the finale?

Finale starts in 29 minutes Eastern Time

by Anonymousreply 296December 14, 2023 1:01 AM

I would be pissed off if I had to listen to a band before getting the clue.

by Anonymousreply 297December 14, 2023 2:21 AM

Especially great big fat girls who can't sing.

by Anonymousreply 298December 14, 2023 2:30 AM

Disappointed with the winners.Nice guys but the money will: mean zero for them.

by Anonymousreply 299December 14, 2023 3:07 AM

This was the one season where I would have been happy with any of the final three winning. But after watching the finale, I would have rather had a different team win.

by Anonymousreply 300December 14, 2023 3:21 AM

The next season, which premieres in March, was actually filmed before this just-wrapped season.

by Anonymousreply 301December 14, 2023 4:31 AM

Anticlimactic.

by Anonymousreply 302December 14, 2023 4:41 AM

[quote]In the video, Greg and John have the attitude of people who won. Corey and Rob have the attitude of people who support the team who won.

As I stated previously (above), it was evident by their demeanor in their YouTube video that they had won.

by Anonymousreply 303December 14, 2023 4:51 AM

Despite the editors attempt to suggest otherwise, they fact the first two teams never mentioned Corey and Rob at the last challenge showed that they had finished before Corey and Rob had arrived.

by Anonymousreply 304December 14, 2023 4:54 AM

They spoke of their children and grandchildren.

Surrogates or adoptions?

by Anonymousreply 305December 14, 2023 4:56 AM

The brothers won......it was okay.

Still wanted it to be Team CODA......oh well.

Maybe they'll get to come back.

by Anonymousreply 306December 14, 2023 2:36 PM

I'm not disappointed that the brothers won, but I was pulling for the beard guys. It would have been great to see the underdogs win. I'm sad beautiful Corey and his sweet dad came in third.

I think the biggest lesson from this season was that the top three teams treated each other with kindness and respect. They didn't snap and bitch at each other, they didn't berate each other. They worked together, they supported each other, and they remained focused and positive, even through the most difficult challenges.

Kindness will always win.

by Anonymousreply 307December 14, 2023 2:51 PM

Now that Corey's a "celebrity," he should do a nude 2024 calendar.

He'll make more than a million in less than a month.

by Anonymousreply 308December 14, 2023 2:58 PM

Other than the grand cuntess Anna Leigh, and no stops in Africa or South America, it was a great season.

by Anonymousreply 309December 14, 2023 3:46 PM

R309 Definitely one of the best seasons in a long time.

The show is much more fun to watch when you have likeable competitors.

by Anonymousreply 310December 14, 2023 3:48 PM

[quote] The show is much more fun to watch when you have likeable competitors.

Thank you, R310. We love our fans.

by Anonymousreply 311December 14, 2023 3:51 PM

While I was wanting Rob and Corey to win but they came in third not a winning performance, I am happy with Greg and John winning, they seem like a couple of really nice guys.

by Anonymousreply 312December 14, 2023 4:12 PM

They didn't really show why Rob and Corey fell behind. There was a hint that they were lost but that never actually established. I remember thinking when they chose to do the challenge that was farthest away first, that a lot was going to depend on where they had to go AFTER the scramble was done. If the kayak challenge was beyond the trapeze place (vis-a-vis the Space Needle), C&R might have had to cover some of the distance between the closer challenges and the trapeze place twice while the other teams could just keep going after the trapeze.

by Anonymousreply 313December 14, 2023 4:24 PM

R313 I think they miscalculated by doing the trapeze challenge first. It took dad a while to complete it, so they fell behind there while the other two teams got that one wrapped up fairly quickly. Rob and Corey finished with the glass blowing, which was the most difficult and took the most time. Then they appeared to get a little lost on the way to the final challenge.

by Anonymousreply 314December 14, 2023 4:27 PM

I'm happy with John and Greg winning, and you can tell that the other teams were happy too.

Honestly, this is the first season where any of the top three would have been a satisfying winner.

That said, I really thought the beards were going to win. Why didn't they use their notebook in the final memory challenge? Wouldn't it have helped?

This has to have been one of the closest finishes ever! One of the brothers said it was only two minutes or so. That's just crazy.

I'm thinking that if the beards had spent one less minute dancing to their band, they might have won. So many little variables.

But still, my biggest disappointment is sweet Corey and his dad coming in third. I would have bawled my eyes out if they had won.

I still bawled my eyes out at the end of the race (I always do!) but this season was especially nice.

I hope they win an Emmy for this season. It would be well deserved.

by Anonymousreply 315December 14, 2023 5:42 PM

One of the brothers did this nelly little clapping thing with his hands, while up on the podium.

I thought to myself... MARY!

He talked about wives and kids, but I think he's a closet case.

by Anonymousreply 316December 14, 2023 6:03 PM

[quote]One of the brothers did this nelly little clapping thing with his hands, while up on the podium. I thought to myself... MARY!

I saw that too. I don't get how John can be so gay acting and yet be in a long-term relationship with a female.

by Anonymousreply 317December 14, 2023 6:13 PM

One thing that helped Corey and Rob’s relationship is that there wouldn’t be any point in Corey yelling at his dad.

by Anonymousreply 318December 14, 2023 6:17 PM

A quick check on Google Maps shows that Kenmore Air Harbor (site of the kayak memory challenge) is 13.7 miles north of the glassblowing studio and 15.5 miles north of the trapeze venue. So Rob and Corey were actually closer to the kayaks than either of the other two teams. However, that probably only translated to about a 5 minute difference in travel time. It's possible they also got lost, but I think that Rob needing 8 attempts to complete the trapeze task probably sealed their fate early on.

by Anonymousreply 319December 14, 2023 6:17 PM

I want Corey to marry me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320December 14, 2023 6:20 PM

Corey looks like his dad.

The other brother looks like his mom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321December 14, 2023 6:21 PM

A parting shot of Corey enjoying anal pleasure...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322December 14, 2023 6:23 PM

R321 Corey definitely lucked out in the gene pool.

by Anonymousreply 323December 14, 2023 6:23 PM

Corey lives in NYC. All of us New Yorkers will be on the lookout for him.

by Anonymousreply 324December 14, 2023 6:52 PM

I hope Corey gets another chance to play TAR again, I was thinking with another younger dude instead of his father but I wonder if an athletic young woman with art and dance skills might be better. There are just some tasks that women are better at despite the final three teams being all male. I think Corey is just too nice to play and win Survivor or Big Brother, he would get eaten alive.

by Anonymousreply 325December 14, 2023 9:15 PM

Maybe he isn't quite the attention monster you think he is.

by Anonymousreply 326December 14, 2023 9:49 PM

I thought the brothers were going to come in 2nd or last. They had a hard time with the Grunge challenge. One of the guys kept lifting the piece they needed to flip but he put it back in the amp or whatever it was.

I was shocked how quickly the brothers did the kayak challenge. He didn't seem to have any trouble remembering tasks and roadblocks. The beards mixes up the gliding and sky diving challenges and it took them a bit of time to figure out what was wrong.

It seemed like Corey and Rob were really behind. By the time they got to the kayaks, the first two teams had come and gone.

by Anonymousreply 327December 15, 2023 12:53 PM

R327 It was that last memory challenge that clinched it for the brothers. They both have amazing memories.

Remember the French food restaurant challenge they did? They knocked that one out in minutes.

by Anonymousreply 328December 15, 2023 2:10 PM

In the kayak challenge they didn't show anyone consulting notes to remember, I wonder if production just cut that out or if it never happened.

by Anonymousreply 329December 15, 2023 3:51 PM

I don't think they're allowed to consult notes. It's a memory challenge, after all.

They can take notes while racing but not actually use them at the end.

by Anonymousreply 330December 15, 2023 4:01 PM

[quote] They can take notes while racing but not actually use them at the end.

That is correct.

by Anonymousreply 331December 15, 2023 6:24 PM

It was kind of heartbreaking to see the beard bros in the lead and lose because of one small oversight.

But that's the nature of the competition and what makes it so compelling to watch. You literally don't know who's going to win until the very end.

by Anonymousreply 332December 15, 2023 6:27 PM

All things considered, a team of two young intelligent males on The Amazing Race has an edge over other teams.

by Anonymousreply 333December 15, 2023 6:33 PM

Yes. As an ample eldergay, I was a bit sad to see a challenge as physically difficult as the trapeze required of everybody. Corey and Rob were doomed.

by Anonymousreply 334December 15, 2023 6:58 PM

R334 I was surprised the beard guys completed the trapeze challenge in fewer tries than Rob did.

by Anonymousreply 335December 15, 2023 7:37 PM

Why do we keep calling them the beard bros? Only one of them has a beard. And one of the winners also has a beard and is actually a brother.

by Anonymousreply 336December 15, 2023 7:48 PM

Because that's what they were called on the show.

by Anonymousreply 337December 15, 2023 8:09 PM

Who does Corey's eyebrows? (See R322.) While not plucked to a fare-thee-well, they are definitely shaped (and very well). And I love his floppy hair -- and everything below it.

by Anonymousreply 338December 19, 2023 6:05 PM

Corey is a catch, to use an old school term.

by Anonymousreply 339December 19, 2023 10:59 PM

I'm going to start watching the Pepperdine home basketball games to see if Corey is in the audience.. You know if the game is on CBS, he'll get a closeup.

by Anonymousreply 340December 20, 2023 3:30 PM

Doesn't he live in NYC?

by Anonymousreply 341December 20, 2023 7:14 PM

^ He does.

by Anonymousreply 342December 20, 2023 7:21 PM

Oh.....could be R341.....Datalounge will know.

by Anonymousreply 343December 20, 2023 7:40 PM

^ Datalounge will know where he goes for his morning coffee.

by Anonymousreply 344December 20, 2023 7:56 PM

It took Rob six attempts before he realized he had to start stronger, swing higher, and reach out to the other trapeze artist. I'm sure it was driving Corey crazy. That's what lost it for them.

by Anonymousreply 345December 24, 2023 11:16 PM

[quote] It took Rob six attempts before he realized he had to start stronger, swing higher, and reach out to the other trapeze artist. I'm sure it was driving Corey crazy. That's what lost it for them.

If that's the case, then Corey should have told his dad how to do it.

Especially since Corey did it in only one try.

by Anonymousreply 346December 25, 2023 1:30 AM

Yeah parents just love being told how to do things by their kids.

by Anonymousreply 347December 25, 2023 6:59 PM

[quote]Corey should have told his dad how to do it.

He tried but his dad wouldn’t listen

by Anonymousreply 348December 25, 2023 9:50 PM

Greg and John are probably my favorite TAR team of all time. They were smart, athletic and played the game well without being nasty to other teams or constantly arguing with each other, in fact I don't think they argued even once. Also, they were quite good looking!

by Anonymousreply 349January 1, 2024 6:34 AM

[quote] in fact I don't think they argued even once.

Possibly, maybe even likely. But this IS an edited show.

by Anonymousreply 350January 1, 2024 3:18 PM

Matlock, eh?

by Anonymousreply 351January 1, 2024 3:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!