Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I recorded the legendary Rossy De Palma’s intro scene in “Carmen” to share with my gays

I love her. I wish the film was better than it was. It had potential but Millepied clearly had no set vision. The directing and editing are all over the place. It sucks because the actors and dancers are all phenomenal. The acting is amazing. The singing is great. The dancing is beautiful. The cinematography is amazing. But the directing and editing. Yikes.

However, I loved the introduction to Masilda and there were some scenes I liked a lot. It was interesting but choppy at times.

Anyway, love Rossy. Love Paul. Melissa Barrera was great in this, to my surprise because she’s terrible in Scream 5.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2023 3:44 AM

Rossy de Palma improves everything.

by Anonymousreply 1May 10, 2023 1:11 AM

R1 agreed. She’s terrific.

by Anonymousreply 2May 10, 2023 4:56 AM

My sisters were distracted by her physical appearance

by Anonymousreply 3May 10, 2023 10:15 AM

Rossy is fantabulous. Thank Pedro Almodovar for discovering her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 10, 2023 10:46 AM

She looks like an older GaGa from certain angles.

by Anonymousreply 5May 10, 2023 11:55 AM

R1 she is wonderful but the film didn’t need improving. It already had Paul.

by Anonymousreply 6May 10, 2023 2:17 PM

What are some of her other films worth watching?

by Anonymousreply 7May 10, 2023 6:58 PM

I read this as "Pussy De Palma". I'm overworked and underslept.

by Anonymousreply 8May 10, 2023 7:27 PM

Rossy de Palma is fantastic and rather prolific, with 66 films in her Wiki filmography.

But a version set in Mexico and not Seville? And a version that scraps most everything but some bits of lyrics? It's not for me.

by Anonymousreply 9May 10, 2023 8:43 PM

Well would an opera work as a movie? I don’t think it would if they’re singing in opera

by Anonymousreply 10May 10, 2023 9:14 PM

I’ve loved Ms. Rossy since my first Almodovar, which was the amazing “Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown.” My high school mind was blown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 10, 2023 9:17 PM

^ to this day one of the funniest movies I have ever seen

by Anonymousreply 12May 10, 2023 9:22 PM

This scene doesn’t have Rossy (it’s long before she’s officially introduced) but when the character Aidan says “You speak English GOOD” I could see certain DLers heads exploding if he said that to them. Lord knows, some of you act like Nazi’s about grammar and spelling on here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 10, 2023 9:49 PM

De Palma is talented at all things.

by Anonymousreply 14May 11, 2023 12:47 AM

Paul Mescal is a cutie. Rossy is perfect casting for a witch.

by Anonymousreply 15May 11, 2023 12:52 PM

R13 at least he didn’t say you TALK English Good. Would have been the breaking point.

by Anonymousreply 16May 11, 2023 5:33 PM

I love him

by Anonymousreply 17May 13, 2023 3:30 PM

Rossy is an icon

by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2023 2:43 AM

Is this the version they refused to film in English?

Then they’re all surprised no one went?

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2023 3:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!