Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Billy Porter’s tour has officially kicked off!

Seems to be going well over the last two nights!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 3, 2023 5:31 PM

Tour of terror!!!

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2023 3:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2023 3:09 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2023 3:09 AM

I’d say somebody should go and report back but who are we kidding, nobody is making it out alive

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2023 3:30 AM

Discounted tickets available for this Saturday at the Pantages, where Billy will be SPEAKING HIS TRUTH as his MOST AUTHENTIC SELF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2023 3:36 AM

Tour should be renamed the 'Hindenburg'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2023 4:02 AM

He's lost a couple octaves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2023 4:15 AM

I would love to see him live but I feel it would be exhausting lol

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2023 2:01 PM

Hard pass!

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2023 2:08 PM

I’m exhausted by this thread.

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2023 2:09 PM

………..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2023 2:22 PM

R7 R8 BILLY IS A THEY!!!! NOT A HE!!! FUCK YOU!!!

by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2023 2:28 PM

Now he has a septum piercing too? Transformation complete.

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2023 3:02 PM

It was good, he is a showman and he can sing. The venues the promoter chose were too large and the ticket prices were too high -- nearly $200 for front orchestra seats. It was modestly staged but he had great wardrobe and visuals. Definitely gave it his all. It would have been sold out in a venue seating 1800 or fewer.

by Anonymousreply 14May 27, 2023 10:56 AM

Faced with a choice and a gun to my head -

Billy Porter speaking or acting for 1.5 hours Billy Porter singing and clowning for 1.5 hours

I'd chose the latter. I don't mind his singing voice, actually and he's a diverting clown. It's the speaking that insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 15May 27, 2023 11:27 AM

Tour? Of what?

by Anonymousreply 16May 27, 2023 5:59 PM

[quote]You'll really get a glimpse into who I am even deeper with this music.

That's not sweetening the pot.

by Anonymousreply 17May 27, 2023 11:14 PM

Wow. His ego is huge and stretched out like his prolapsed anus.

by Anonymousreply 18May 28, 2023 12:47 AM

Whew, if there were ever a male singer that I'd say is the equivalent of Patti LaBelle, it's Billy Porter because he wore that mic out at R7!!!

Yes, he's insufferable and an attention whore, but you can't deny his talent! (I don't think he can bring it like that anymore, like in the clip R7 posted.)

by Anonymousreply 19May 28, 2023 12:56 AM

His show tomorrow night in NYC appears to be quite a failure. They have reduced prices numerous times on Ticketmaster, discount tickets have been available on Goldstar since the tour was announced and now, the horror of horrors - they are closing off the upper and lower balconies at the venue to dress all the EMPTY SEATS downstairs in the orchestra section.

by Anonymousreply 20May 31, 2023 1:43 AM

I don't know what this person does other than show up on red carpets looking like a complete fool.

by Anonymousreply 21May 31, 2023 1:46 AM

It's too exhausting to go galloping down memory lane through song with Billy Porter.

by Anonymousreply 22May 31, 2023 2:39 AM

Billy Porter is one of those celebrities who is more media hype and PR than actually having a sizable fan base. The dismal ticket sales are all you need to know.

There are a lot of celebs like that now. They get tons of press and ass-kissing PR but the public is just "whatever" about them. They're not as popular as the media would have you believe.

by Anonymousreply 23May 31, 2023 2:42 AM

"Oh Miss Billy, you're just too much. And you wanna know how I know that you're too much?

It's because I'm too much."

by Anonymousreply 24May 31, 2023 3:41 AM

[quote]The dismal ticket sales are all you need to know.

The sheer hubris of calling it "Billy Porter - Black Mona Lisa Tour - Volume 1"

VOLUME 1...let that sink in

by Anonymousreply 25May 31, 2023 3:48 AM

R20 if he can’t fill seats in NYC, with all the Yassss Kweens there, he might as well call this his Farewell tour.

by Anonymousreply 26May 31, 2023 4:22 AM

I guess after this failure of a tour, he'll try to get that Baldwin biopic off the ground.

Unfortunately, that James Baldwin biopic will be stuck in development hell.

by Anonymousreply 27May 31, 2023 4:28 AM

[quote]Yes, he's insufferable and an attention whore, but you can't deny his talent!

Watch me.

by Anonymousreply 28May 31, 2023 6:10 AM

Other than his red carpet shenanigans the only thing I know of this man is the hilarious law and order sexy times episode he was in. The plot is him being accused of molesting one of his students with something everyone keeps calling magic eggs and later it turns out that it was a vibrator planted in the classroom by some girl he rejected as part of some singing competition that he was a judge for. My favorite parts about it are is acting where it's just him looking like he's about to burst into tears in every single scene and then the ending where the blonde hot cop is all harping that they ruined his life and everybody else just sort of shruggs their shoulders about it.

by Anonymousreply 29May 31, 2023 6:20 AM

R23 there is no media hype for him. He’s a talented man. Most people don’t even know about this tour. And his shows did well in other cities. Quit the fucking dramatics already. You do this for EVERY black performer. Go get a job. They’re at least busting their asses to make a living while you’re living off your mom who is on EBT.

by Anonymousreply 30May 31, 2023 6:51 AM

I caught a few episodes of Pose and thought he was good in it. I have no idea what his singing is like.

by Anonymousreply 31May 31, 2023 7:12 AM

[quote]Most people don’t even know about this tour.

It's America's best kept secret.

by Anonymousreply 32May 31, 2023 7:27 AM

She looks like Gayle King after waking up in a pile of coke,

by Anonymousreply 33May 31, 2023 8:14 AM

r30 the public just isn't that into him. Sorry to ruin your hard on for him.

by Anonymousreply 34May 31, 2023 1:41 PM

He is talented. His endless self reveal and attention seeking is so tiresome. I just cannot look at him with his fetal alcohol syndrome eyes. Plus the tired "living his truth" shtick. Whenever someone heralds themselves with that you know you will be held captive to their never ending story. Just live it, don't bore us.

by Anonymousreply 35May 31, 2023 1:50 PM

He's very unattractive both inside and out.

by Anonymousreply 36May 31, 2023 1:56 PM

He really looks hideous.

by Anonymousreply 37May 31, 2023 2:18 PM

What does he do?

by Anonymousreply 38May 31, 2023 2:32 PM

R30 … OF COURSE had to make it about race. She ignores all the white men that are ripped to shreds here.

by Anonymousreply 39May 31, 2023 4:11 PM

Does he just screech-sing at the audience for two hours while reminding them how superior he is in his demented frocks?

I can't imagine how there's even a single seat left for sale!

by Anonymousreply 40June 1, 2023 5:25 AM

He is so stunning and brave!

by Anonymousreply 41June 1, 2023 5:29 AM

Who’s paying money and wasting their time to see this shit??

by Anonymousreply 42June 1, 2023 12:58 PM

No-talent friends guilted me into attending a bunch of one-man shows in the 90s and those performances were pricy.

I’d see this; he’s interesting, has a political view. Yeah, this would be good. It looks like an East coast tour - next performance DC.

by Anonymousreply 43June 1, 2023 1:52 PM

R36

[quote]He's very unattractive both inside and out.

You’ve seen his insides? Hope you used protection.

by Anonymousreply 44June 1, 2023 2:41 PM

How do you PrEP for a Billy concert?

by Anonymousreply 45June 1, 2023 2:59 PM

Just one piece of the entertainment mediocrity puzzle.

The level of talent is so low that anyone can (proclaim themselves to) be a star.

And the masses snap fingers and whistle and yell and yassss, and give every last person a standing ovation. And a trophy.

And my friends ask me why I am so cynical.

by Anonymousreply 46June 1, 2023 3:01 PM

R46 YASSSSSSSS!

by Anonymousreply 47June 1, 2023 3:02 PM

I loved him in Pose but I’m not interested in hearing him sing. And he wasn’t even the best on that show.

by Anonymousreply 48June 2, 2023 2:01 AM

Sheryl Lee Ralph was in the audience last night and he brought her on stage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 2, 2023 4:40 PM

Birds of a feather.

by Anonymousreply 50June 2, 2023 5:34 PM

Why does he have him with James Corden on the screen!? Lmaoooo why is this so funny to me. He’s just twirling around 😂😂😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 3, 2023 5:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!