Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Drag performer Harpy Daniels is Navy's new 'digital ambassador' in bid to boost recruitment

… in bid to boost recruitment that's set to fall short by 8,000

You can’t make this shit up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 17, 2023 6:32 AM

Madness

by Anonymousreply 1May 3, 2023 7:33 AM

Apparently they hope to immobilize the enemy by making them laugh hysterically.

by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2023 8:16 AM

This reminds me of Paglia comparing the US to the Fall of Rome. How it became so decadent and men became more feminine and were crushed by societies who believed in the “evil patriarchy”.

by Anonymousreply 3May 3, 2023 9:08 AM

Agreed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2023 9:09 AM

This is...I don't even know what this is, but it's completely obnoxious and totally unnecessary. It borders on parody.

by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2023 10:34 AM

Who is making these decisions?

by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2023 12:36 PM

This guy and his twin brother were on Weakest Link a few weeks ago. Two of the dumbest fuckers ever on the show.

by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2023 12:46 PM

He's fat.

by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2023 12:51 PM

Where do I sign up,???!!!!

by Anonymousreply 9May 3, 2023 1:03 PM

The Fall of the Roman Empire.

by Anonymousreply 10May 3, 2023 1:04 PM

I’m with her

by Anonymousreply 11May 3, 2023 2:15 PM

No wonder the rest of our adversaries don’t take us seriously anymore.

by Anonymousreply 12May 3, 2023 7:13 PM

Is this the first time in history the Navy's had trouble recruiting homosexuals?

by Anonymousreply 13May 3, 2023 7:20 PM

Cuntmille Haglia said what now?

She can go eat Milky Loads' rank asshole.

by Anonymousreply 14May 3, 2023 7:26 PM

Since no one has mentioned it yet, bravo OP for your use of a url shortener to get around Muriel's censorship of the Daily Fail. I don't think I would ever have come up with the idea. It's just brilliant. You just won 3 minutes of accordion by the best accordionist in the world (can you think of any other accordionist playing the accordion his way up to POTUS? Of course not!).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 3, 2023 7:56 PM

Thank you, OP, for spreading the Gospel of Rupert Murdoch.

by Anonymousreply 16May 3, 2023 7:59 PM

[quote]Who is making these decisions?

Rupert Murdoch, r6.

by Anonymousreply 17May 3, 2023 8:02 PM

Now the MAGAs are going to boycott the Navy and burn their uniforms in protest. This may not be such a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 18May 3, 2023 8:21 PM

He volunteered in hopes of getting big hot down-low dicks.

by Anonymousreply 19May 3, 2023 8:24 PM

I pray that I'm wrong, but I think eventually there's gonna be a backlash to this relentless and very inorganic shilling of trans.

And when it happens, it's gonna hurt every one of us.

by Anonymousreply 20May 3, 2023 8:32 PM

This, T H I S is why they hate us!

R15 - fucking hilarious!! 😂

by Anonymousreply 21May 3, 2023 8:36 PM

Eventually, R20? It's already happening, or haven't you heard about Dylan Mulvaney and Bud Lite's plummeting sales?

by Anonymousreply 22May 3, 2023 8:38 PM

You're Anhueser-Busch, r22?

by Anonymousreply 23May 3, 2023 8:42 PM

So the Navy thinks they can get an influx of drag queens to boost the number of enrollees?

by Anonymousreply 24May 3, 2023 8:47 PM

R20 we’re at that inflection point currently. The extreme outlier-fringe on the Right AND Left are one and the same, a blood brotherhood steeped in other peoples’ blood.

MTG = AOC Approved thought, sanctioned speech, forced compliance…however and whatever [italic]they[/italic] say IT is and nothing else is tolerated. Left trans wing-nuts brandishing guns and threatening violence. Elected Dems calling for stalking and terrorizing Supremes and their families where they live and eat. Right extremist lunatics stocking weapons, taking Christmas photos with semiautomatic weapons and legislating hate.

Only the center 70% can control the madness. Thankfully, that’s usually sufficient but we’ll see.

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2023 8:51 PM

This can't be real. I should be hearing MAGA heads exploding everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2023 9:03 PM

Rum, sodomy and fake eyelashes.

by Anonymousreply 27May 3, 2023 9:41 PM

Yeah, right, this is sooooo bad for us:

[quote]The military branch even updated its Diversity, Equity and Inclusion statement, which it promoted prominently online.

'[quote]Our Navy is committed to enabling a workforce demographic similar to that of the nation it serves,' the statement now reads.

[quote]'With nearly 50 percent of recruitable talent coming from diverse talent, the Navy must be deliberate to create a culture where every person, regardless of their background, has the opportunity to succeed.'

by Anonymousreply 28May 3, 2023 9:48 PM

Good luck with that shit.

by Anonymousreply 29May 3, 2023 10:46 PM

I don't get this "regardless of their background" and "diverse" verbiage. Drag is a choice you make, a hobby. It's not something you're born as, it's not something you're raised as (at least current adults weren't), it's not particularly "diverse."

And why are there never Drag Kings? They exist but we never get them pushed at us. It's only the most garish female impersonators, always.

by Anonymousreply 30May 3, 2023 10:52 PM

This might not instil fear in the enemy but at least confusion.

by Anonymousreply 31May 3, 2023 11:00 PM

He fat.

by Anonymousreply 32May 3, 2023 11:07 PM

You're a worrier, aren't you, r30?

by Anonymousreply 33May 3, 2023 11:07 PM

LOVE IT!

by Anonymousreply 34May 3, 2023 11:10 PM

Is Camille Paglia correct that acceptance of homosexuality and swapping genders is a sign of (but not the cause of) the decline of a civilization? She names Egypt, Babylon, Rome, the Byzantine Empire, etc. as examples. Could these be why later civilizations look down on homosexuality?

by Anonymousreply 35May 3, 2023 11:12 PM

Not all of them approved of homosexuality.

And the ones that did DESPISED the bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 36May 3, 2023 11:13 PM

I’m gay. I avoid drag like the plague because it’s completely ridiculous and un-entertaining. I do not care that drag exists. I do not care that some people enjoy watching it. Awesome! But why are people supposed to pretend it’s a performance art?

They don’t sing! I love singers. They don’t play instruments! I love musicians. They wear women’s clothes. I’m gay. Women’s clothes are a turn off in ANY and ALL sexual aspects. A MAN in women’s clothes?! I’d rather be bludgeoned in the crotch with a hammer than watch. I was baffled by rom the time I started going to bars. If someone says “there’s a drag show” or “let’s go to drag brunch” Fuck no. I’d rather watch a children’s dance recital and that’s saying something.

It’s like my friends with kids. Go to their house for dinner and their 7 and 9 year olds do a little performance before dinner. 3-5 minutes of disjointed, sorta uncoordinated and un-harmonic song and dance and it’s cute. They’re kids! Now imagine, you’re clapping and starting to get up to get food and their mother or father says “wait, wait! They’re going to do a whole set” Then it’s like, “uh, fuck no. I’m not sitting through that.” Thankfully, most emotionally-well parents wouldn’t even think of doing that. So why do drag queens?

Why the hell would I watch writhing gyrations by a grown man in women's clothes and high heels, while he !lip synchs! for entertainment?!?! Grown fucking adults with zero discernible talent, holding court, mouthing some artist’s songs in pantomime, is a circle of hell Dante missed.

If this Harpy clown was generally associated with a movement or an organization, I would politely say “No thanks, it’s not for me.” And I’m GAY! Who the fuck is the Navy trying to bring in with this shit?!?

by Anonymousreply 37May 3, 2023 11:42 PM

^Dylan Mulvaney?

by Anonymousreply 38May 3, 2023 11:50 PM

R7

The Weakest Link is back?

by Anonymousreply 39May 4, 2023 12:12 AM

Serious question, do guys end up doing drag because they’re ugly and fem, so they swing way over to parody so they might be able to bed freaks and fetishists?

I’ve never seen an attractive drag queen, and I’ve seen a lot over the years, unfortunately. Gays can’t seem to shake them loose. (Poor wording. That would probably be an incentive for guys who wear high heels and panty hose)

by Anonymousreply 40May 4, 2023 1:57 AM

Alright. That's enough internet for today.

by Anonymousreply 41May 4, 2023 3:21 AM

I wonder what women serving in the Navy think of the choice of the name Harpy for a recruitment ambassador.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 4, 2023 4:19 AM

A Navy SEAL who took part in the mission to kill Osama Bin Laden says he was outraged over the U.S. Navy using a drag queen for a discarded recruitment program.

Robert J. O'Neill, a decorated combat veteran who served for eight years as a member of SEAL Team Six, said on Twitter he 'can't believe [he] fought for this bulls**t.'

'Alright. The U.S. Navy is now using an enlisted sailor Drag Queen as a recruiter,' he wrote. 'I'm done. China is going to destroy us.'

The Military Times reported last month the U.S. Navy, Air Force, and Army are all on track to fall short by 'thousands' of recruits.

The Navy specifically is looking at a shortcoming of some 6,000 members.

The Army is set to be off by around 10,000 while the Air Force is projected around 3,400.

Only Space Force, made quota.

by Anonymousreply 43May 4, 2023 5:14 AM

^ Sigh. RIP US Navy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 4, 2023 5:25 AM

I miss the days when they used Godsmack to recruit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 4, 2023 5:27 AM

In the navy

Yes, you can sail the seven seas

In the navy

Yes, you can put your mind at ease

In the navy

Come on now, people, make a stand

In the navy, in the navy

Can't you see we need a hand

by Anonymousreply 46May 4, 2023 5:41 AM

I wanna see Kid Rock shoot the Navy.

I wanna see how that all goes down.

by Anonymousreply 47May 4, 2023 5:57 AM

Regrettably, one of these days we’re going to read about this ones demise. I’ve read comments from different sources covering this story and I would say 70% of them are unfavorable.

by Anonymousreply 48May 4, 2023 6:30 AM

Drop the Drag. And while we’re at it, the T. Both are killing us.

by Anonymousreply 49May 4, 2023 6:35 AM

If this guy works in a submarine he may end up being ejected from a missile exit.

by Anonymousreply 50May 4, 2023 12:04 PM

R49 and neither has anything to do with being gay

by Anonymousreply 51May 4, 2023 12:06 PM

Some straight men do drag but not many. The only one I can think of is Barry Humphries as Dame Edna.

by Anonymousreply 52May 4, 2023 12:10 PM

Navy Puts The Kibosh On Digital Recruiting Program After Discovering Enlistees Aren’t Into Drag Queens

The U.S. Navy confirmed on Tuesday it has discontinued an online recruiting initiative featuring an enlisted drag queen that was aimed at bringing new sailors into the service.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 17, 2023 6:00 AM

It worked for WW2!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 17, 2023 6:14 AM

I guess she's working for the navy now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 17, 2023 6:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!